To The Metal
Rebellion In Dreamland
Man On A Mission
-----------------
I Want Out
Send Me A Sign
-----------------
Ride The Sky

Same set as Europe minus one song. Pretty disappointing, but still a fun night.

SomewhereInTime72
01-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Um. They played Ride The Sky after Send Me A Sign. I hope you know that.

JRA
01-28-2011, 11:54 PM

Holy fucking shit, that must have been lethal!

Bloodcurse
01-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Meh....glad I didn't go. None of my favorite songs.

girnny777
01-29-2011, 07:59 AM

I left during Send Me A Sign to avoid the line at the coat check. Thanks.

IrritatedTrout
01-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Am I the only one that hates Ride the Sky?

maidenpriest
01-29-2011, 09:18 AM

i dont think Maiden33 does lol i dont really agree that Kai should be playing Helloween songs since Gamma Ray's own catalog is awesome, but im glad that he plays Ride the Sky. he should drop I want out for one of his songs if he is going to drop either of them imo

theclansman1114
01-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Yes.

Haha, in all seriousness though it was an awesome show. Being a Gamma Ray fanboy I would make changes to the setlist if I could. Too many new songs for my liking. I would have loved to hear a couple of songs from the earlier 'Ray days. Lust for Life, One With the World, Heading for Tomorrow, or Tribute to the Past. I'm very glad they kept the live "staples" such as Rebellion, New World Order, and Gardens of the Sinner. And getting to see Armageddon is always a treat. I didn't look at any setlists going into the show so I could be surprised and I was very pleased they dug out The Saviour and Abyss of the Void... and I practically lost my voice from Ride the Sky. :rocker:

JRA
01-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Meh....glad I didn't go. None of my favorite songs.

Please enlighten us as to what you think is missing.

girnny777
01-29-2011, 04:23 PM
They literally ignored half of their catalog. I would have liked to have heard:

Lust For Life
Heaven Can Wait
As Time Goes By
Rich And Famous
Beyond the Black Hole
Somewhere Out In Space
The entire Land Of The Free Pt. II album, seriously, it's amazing.

Bloodcurse
01-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Lust For Life
Rich And Famous
Beyond the Black Hole
Somewhere Out In Space

Also add "Valley of the Kings"

JRA
01-29-2011, 05:15 PM
I read an interview where Kai said that the songs he's sick of playing are Land of The Free and Valley, so I'm not surprised to see those two gone. I'd say put Lust for Life as the main set ender, and put Beyond The Black Hole between I Want Out and SMAS.

Maiden33
01-29-2011, 06:30 PM
The only song they didn't play that the set NEEDS is Somewhere Out in Space, but naturally there's many I'd love to have seen, both some relative "staples" and some rarer songs. The show has proved to me for the umpteenth time that even sets that look "bad" on paper kick serious ass live.

Highlights: Rebellion in Dreamland, Abyss of the Void, Armageddon, Ride the Sky. Man on a Mission was really cool.

The band was kinda sloppy (mix was kinda iffy) for the fist couple of songs, but by the time they hit "Fight" things started getting really excellent and up to the typical standard of their live performances. The band was battling a lot of technical issues as well (show was delayed about 20 minutes), but that's what happens when the band (seriously) got to the venue 30 minutes before doors, and thus did no pre-show sound/line check.

Maiden33
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I left during Send Me A Sign to avoid the line at the coat check. Thanks.

:lol:

Sucks to be you, I guess.

Bloodcurse
01-30-2011, 02:12 AM
but that's what happens when the band (seriously) got to the venue 30 minutes before doors, and thus did no pre-show sound/line check.

Oh that's REAL professional...

theclansman1114
01-30-2011, 07:28 AM

That's what happens when your flight gets delayed from FL... the show was very close to be cancelled. Kai said they had a helluva time getting to the venue via plane and van from the airport.

Maiden33
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM

They had no choice. The 70,000 tons of Metal cruise docked on the morning of the show, then they had to fly to NYC, and take a taxi from JFK to the venue. They planned to get there a lot earlier than they did, but traffic and flight delays left them with no choice. My hat is off to the band for still putting on a fantastic show under the circumstances.