01-27-2011, 01:11 PM
new england metal heavy fest

makethemsuffer12
01-27-2011, 01:13 PM
new england metal heavy fest

New England Metal and Hardcore Fest :P

mastodon421
01-27-2011, 01:17 PM
I saw this earlier, it's only 1 shitty tour(I do like Arsonists Get All The Girls:eyes:). NEMHF should be awesome as always, I'm excited for the full lineup announcment.

JuuKun
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Source?

The bands are touring together and playing the Palladium in Worcester on April 14th. That falls during the fest (which is the 14th-16th this year).

The festival mainly ends up grabbing tours that are passing through, and there's usually only a few bands I'd want to see (and even less that I haven't seen a few times before). Hate the festival due to past experiences, but I'm curious to see what the trainwreck looks like this year.

windshldbraker88
01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
This isn't looking too bad so far, OLN and AFTB are great to see live, i've seen them both at least 3 times each, so i would go to this. i have never been to this yet so yeah......is it fun? haha

bt11763
01-27-2011, 01:31 PM
New England Metal and Hardcore Fest :P

fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk :lol:

mankvill
01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
HELLO METAL FEST

WE'RE CONVERGE

FUCK YOU! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4AoxVAGK24)

JuuKun
01-27-2011, 03:20 PM
i have never been to this yet so yeah......is it fun? haha

Depends, really. If you like a lot of the bands on the lineup, it's worth it (I liked atleast half of the bands the first year I went and had a pretty good time, except for the Dark Tranquillity incident mentioned below). However, there's usually WAY too much core for my taste, and it's a very long day to sit through a lot of stuff you don't like just for a couple bands.

I don't have much else nice/good to say about the festival, however. They handle band cancellations worse than any other festival or show I've ever seen.

The first year I went (2007), Satyricon was scheduled near the top of the bill, and they dropped off a few months before the fest. They never booked a replacement, but instead listed Dark Tranquillity in their place (who weren't even in the country at the time). When the time came for the night "Dark Tranquillity" were supposed to play, nothing happened. There was an hour gap between Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir that was completely empty.

The next year, 2008, I only went one day, which was the day that the first Paganfest & Ministry's farewell tour played. Divine Heresy was supposed to play between Ensiferum & Meshuggah, but dropped off. Instead of extending anybody's set (Meshuggah were already playing as long as they played all tour, but Ensiferum only had 25 minutes, even though this was a stop on their headlining tour), again, we had an excessive empty waiting time.

2009, I had no complaints. Again I only went one day, and that was a very last minute thing as I was put on the guest list as a part of the Summer Slaughter street team (who's going to complain about a show they didn't pay for?). I remember the lineup for the day being pretty bad, but Toxic Holocaust, God Forbid & CoB both kicked ass.

Last year, I didn't go. There was maybe one or two bands all weekend that I hadn't yet seen that I wanted to, so I skipped out. However, for a few weeks they were advertising Primordial to play, and Primordial are one of my favorite bands. They used footage from their live DVD in an ad for the festival. I e-mailed the band and found out that they were only in talks to play, but nothing was confirmed. Of course, the festival had jumped the gun in advertising them - they never ended up playing (but, as opposed to the Dark Tranquillity incident, they weren't on the final festival schedule, so this was just them being hasty). This is more of a personal gripe than anything, because while it may not be true for most people, I would have bought a ticket for that day JUST to see Primordial, and I wouldn't have been happy if I had wasted my money on a ticket to find out they weren't actually playing.

mastodon421
02-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Confirmed lineup.

April 14(Thursday, worst day in NEMHF History. This lineup makes me sad)
Attack Attack!
MyChildren My Bride
Vanna
Our Last Night
Stray From The Path
Arsonists Get All The Girls
A Bullet For Pretty Boy
Lions Lions
Armor For The Broken
This Or The Apocalypse
I The Breather
Across The Sun
Too Late The Hero
Atilla
A Plea For Purging
Dr.Acula
The Crimson Armada
Legacy
Counterparts
Legion

April 15(Friday)
Biohazard
Bury Your Dead
Terror
Cruel Hand
Your Demise
Thy Will Be Done
This Is Hell
The Carrier
Suffokate
Murder Death Kill
Stick To Your Guns
Trapped Under Ice
First Blood
Lionheart
Shai Hulud
Close Your Eyes
Legend
Monsters
The Great Commission
Hundreth
King Conquer
Betrayal

April 16(Saturday)
Hatebreed
Between The Buried and Me
Job For A Cowboy
The Ocean
Carnifex
Oceano
Born Of Osiris
Dying Fetus
Skeletonwitch
Lazarus A.D
3 Inches Of Blood
Beneath The Massacre
Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza
Within The Ruins
The Contortionist
Revocation
Son Of Auerlius
Volumes
Moltov Solution
A Life Once Lost
Withered
Wretched
Nails
Hung
Structres
Last Chance To Reason

I'm going on Saturday for sure, the lineup is amazing. Friday isn't bad either, but I don't think I will be going. Thursday is fucking horrible:f:bouville::mad:lame:

IrritatedTrout
02-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow, there are like 4 bands in that lineup that aren't musical abortions. They're not even good either, just bearable.:hecho:

Chyck
02-01-2011, 06:41 AM
Skeletonwitch, Lazarus A.D, 3 Inches Of Blood, Revocation, and Hung are not enough to make me go this year. Yeah, saving money!

ShatteredFlame
02-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Nails and Withered....what are you guys doing there? :hecho:

idrinkwine732
02-01-2011, 06:52 AM
I guess that means The Ocean will be on a US tour!

Steev
02-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Biohazard
Bury Your Dead
Terror
Thy Will Be Done
This Is Hell
Stick To Your Guns
Trapped Under Ice
First Blood
Shai Hulud
Hatebreed
Born Of Osiris
Skeletonwitch
3 Inches Of Blood
A Life Once Lost

those are the only bands I either like or at the very least have some mild interest in

I rarely say this, but this festival went downhill

JuuKun
02-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Skeletonwitch, 3 Inches of Blood, and Revocation are the only bands on the whole lineup that interest me at all, and definitely not enough to justify buying a ticket.

Chyck
02-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Skeletonwitch, 3 Inches of Blood, and Revocation are the only bands on the whole lineup that interest me at all, and definitely not enough to justify buying a ticket.

Hung, dear friend - HUNG! They're awesome.

ShatteredFlame
02-01-2011, 07:57 AM
I guess that means The Ocean will be on a US tour!

I read somewhere they were suppose to announce dates this week

Statutory-Mike
02-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Confirmed lineup.

April 14
Stray From The Path

April 15(Friday)
Cruel Hand
Trapped Under Ice
Lionheart
Shai Hulud

April 16(Saturday)
The Ocean
Dying Fetus
Skeletonwitch
The Contortionist
Revocation
Son Of Auerlius
Wretched

If I do decide to go, it'll have to be saturday. Thursday is HORRIBLE aside from Stray. I don't know why I like them, I just do. Also, Friday has a few pretty cool hardcore bands. But saturday. Saturday is pretty rad. Especially looking forward to seeing The Ocean and The Contortionist :cool:

Derelict
02-01-2011, 08:44 AM
HELLO METAL FEST

WE'RE CONVERGE

FUCK YOU! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4AoxVAGK24)

I was in the crowd for that :party:

Derelict
02-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Holy shit what an awful line up. I'll always hold a soft spot for this festival since i went in 2003 (you can see me stumbling around in the dvd a couple times) and had a fun time with a good lineup. Was also funny seeing Mastodon play on the small stage at the bar, and lamb of god playing at 2 in the afternoon. Lineup below from wikipedia

Opeth, Shadows Fall, Nevermore, Lacuna Coil, Kataklysm, Goatwhore, Novembers Doom, Noctuary, Full Blown Chaos, Beyond The Sixth Seal, Wasteform, Eviscerate, Blood Has Been Shed, DRI, Cannae, Bongzilla, Crematorium, Locked In A Vacancy, Scarlet, Grimlock, The Acacia Strain, Superjoint Ritual, Meshuggah, The Haunted, Suffocation, Lamb Of God, Converge, Killswitch Engage, Strapping Young Lad, Unearth, Eighteen Visions, Diecast, Speedkillhate, NORA, Bleeding Through, Beyond The Embrace, Chimaira, Harakiri, Drowning, Held Under, Dysrhythmia, Traumaside, Pig Destroyer, The Red Chord, Atreyu, Misery Index, Cephalic Carnage, Most Precious Blood, Mastodon, Hate Eternal, Caliban, Himsa, Premonitions Of War, 100 Demons, The Takeover, Uphill Battle, On Broken Wings and a special performance by Agoraphobic Nosebleed

mankvill
02-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Confirmed lineup.

April 14
Attack Attack

April 15(Friday)
Terror
Cruel Hand
Thy Will Be Done
This Is Hell
Trapped Under Ice

April 16(Saturday)
The Ocean
Dying Fetus
Skeletonwitch
Lazarus A.D
3 Inches Of Blood
Beneath The Massacre
Revocation
Son Of Auerlius
Withered
Nails
Hung

Good bands. Surprised at how good the last day is.

Natrlhi
02-01-2011, 10:42 AM
April 16(Saturday)
Hatebreed
Job For A Cowboy
The Ocean
Carnifex
Oceano
Born Of Osiris
Dying Fetus
Skeletonwitch
Lazarus A.D
3 Inches Of Blood
Beneath The Massacre
Within The Ruins
The Contortionist
Revocation
Son Of Auerlius
Volumes
Moltov Solution
A Life Once Lost
Withered
Wretched
Nails
Hung
Structres
Last Chance To ReasonA few good bands on Saturday...the other days look like shit to me. The best news in this thread is actually this:

I guess that means The Ocean will be on a US tour!That's just what I was thinking. :fist:

I read somewhere they were suppose to announce dates this weekFingers crossed for Cleveland (or somewhere close)... :snivel:

DethMaiden
02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
So this is like a sixty band festival with maybe three bands I'd pay to see headline. Cool.

bt11763
02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Good bands. Surprised at how good the last day is.

>Good Bands

>Keeps Attack Attack

http://myfacewhen.com/images/202.gif

mankvill
02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
>Good Bands

>Keeps Attack Attack

http://myfacewhen.com/images/202.gif

they r kewl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NzY_8oMeqYw#t=70s)

Metal_Head
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
April 15(Friday)
Biohazard
Bury Your Dead
Terror
Cruel Hand
Your Demise
Thy Will Be Done
This Is Hell
The Carrier
Suffokate
Murder Death Kill
Stick To Your Guns
Trapped Under Ice
First Blood
Lionheart
Shai Hulud
Close Your Eyes
Legend
Monsters
The Great Commission
Hundreth
King Conquer
Betrayal

April 16(Saturday)
Hatebreed
Job For A Cowboy
The Ocean
Carnifex
Oceano
Born Of Osiris
Dying Fetus
Skeletonwitch
Lazarus A.D
3 Inches Of Blood
Beneath The Massacre
Within The Ruins
The Contortionist
Revocation
Son Of Auerlius
Volumes
Moltov Solution
A Life Once Lost
Withered
Wretched
Nails
Hung
Structres
Last Chance To Reason

Stoked on this lineup. Will most likely be there both Friday and Saturday.

smokebeer420
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
dying fetus lazarus ad and revocation are the only bands going i havent seen that i want to dying fetus alone would be good enought to go but throw in revocation,skelentonwitch,j4ac,lazarus ad, alol,btbam hatebreed 3iob and a few more makes it more than worthy :D

detuned
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Holy shit what an awful line up. I'll always hold a soft spot for this festival since i went in 2003 (you can see me stumbling around in the dvd a couple times) and had a fun time with a good lineup. Was also funny seeing Mastodon play on the small stage at the bar, and lamb of god playing at 2 in the afternoon. Lineup below from wikipedia

Opeth, Shadows Fall, Nevermore, Lacuna Coil, Kataklysm, Goatwhore, Novembers Doom, Noctuary, Full Blown Chaos, Beyond The Sixth Seal, Wasteform, Eviscerate, Blood Has Been Shed, DRI, Cannae, Bongzilla, Crematorium, Locked In A Vacancy, Scarlet, Grimlock, The Acacia Strain, Superjoint Ritual, Meshuggah, The Haunted, Suffocation, Lamb Of God, Converge, Killswitch Engage, Strapping Young Lad, Unearth, Eighteen Visions, Diecast, Speedkillhate, NORA, Bleeding Through, Beyond The Embrace, Chimaira, Harakiri, Drowning, Held Under, Dysrhythmia, Traumaside, Pig Destroyer, The Red Chord, Atreyu, Misery Index, Cephalic Carnage, Most Precious Blood, Mastodon, Hate Eternal, Caliban, Himsa, Premonitions Of War, 100 Demons, The Takeover, Uphill Battle, On Broken Wings and a special performance by Agoraphobic Nosebleed
lamb of god most definitely did not play at 2 in the afternoon, they played around 7 or 7:30 on the main stage, right before converge. chimaira did play at 2 though.

this was the exact band order, in reverse of course

Main Stage - Superjoint Ritual / Meshuggah / The Haunted / Suffocation / Converge / Lamb Of God / Hate Eternal / Shai Hulud / Strapping Young Lad / Speedkillhate / Eighteen Visions / Unearth / Atreyu / Goatwhore / Bleeding Through / Chimaira / Harakiri / Uphill Battle / Traumacide / Dysrhythmia

Second Stage - Pig Destroyer / The Red Chord / Cephalic Carnage / Blood Has Been Shed / 100 Demons / Misery Index / Mastodon / Kataklysm / Darkest Hour / Caliban / Crematorium / Himsa / Beyond The Sixth Seal / Eviscerate / Wasteform

Derelict
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Hm....SYL played around 2 then...really don't think LoG played that close to the headliner, but I could be wrong.

mankvill
02-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Lamb of God should always play before Converge.

detuned
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Hm....SYL played around 2 then...really don't think LoG played that close to the headliner, but I could be wrong.
SYL definitely didnt play around 2 either, trust me, that order is 100% correct. will never forget watching godawful himsa at the second stage waiting for chimaira to come on, and then walking out after them to find out chim was already 3 songs into their set, because for whatever reason the main stage was running ahead of schedule, and that was around 2:30.

Bergman101
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Not awful. I'll probably get a 3 day pass but if not then I'm definitely going day 3 to see these bands.
Thurs-
Vanna (not a great band but I enjoy them live)
Stray From The Path
Arsonists Get All The Girls
This Or The Apocalypse
I The Breather
The Crimson Armada

Fri-
Biohazard
Bury Your Dead
Terror
Your Demise
Thy Will Be Done
This Is Hell
Stick To Your Guns
Trapped Under Ice
Shai Hulud

Sat-
Hatebreed
Job For A Cowboy
Born Of Osiris
Dying Fetus
Skeletonwitch
Lazarus A.D
3 Inches Of Blood
Beneath The Massacre
Within The Ruins
The Contortionist
Revocation
Son Of Auerlius
A Life Once Lost
Structres

MPF
02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Thursday: Worst fucking lineup I've ever seen. Not one band I'd want to watch.
Friday: Not bad...not good, but not bad.
Saturday: Pretty fucking badass.

jd091
02-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Anybody here ever seen Stick to Your Guns live before? I'm seeing them open up for Norma Jean next month, and I'm diggin' their sound so far from what I've heard.

inb4 OMG HARDCORE SUXxxorz

floydhunter9
02-02-2011, 06:22 AM
Anyone else feel like there's just a huge gap to fill somewhere in those days? Like that maybe there's another big band or two they're getting? Aren't there still a few empty slots?

mastodon421
02-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Anyone else feel like there's just a huge gap to fill somewhere in those days? Like that maybe there's another big band or two they're getting? Aren't there still a few empty slots?

I agree, they are going to bring more bands for sure, I hope they add another awesome band to Saturday's lineup(I want Converge personally).

ShatteredFlame
02-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Anybody here ever seen Stick to Your Guns live before? I'm seeing them open up for Norma Jean next month, and I'm diggin' their sound so far from what I've heard.

Hardcore is amazing. It's just that the majority of American hardcore put on these lineups sucks hard. American hardcore today in general is pretty fucking awful. There are a couple bands like From Ashes Rise, Converge, Citizens Arrest, D.R.I. that are really awesome though.

Steev
02-02-2011, 07:24 AM
SYL definitely didnt play around 2 either, trust me, that order is 100% correct. will never forget watching godawful himsa at the second stage waiting for chimaira to come on, and then walking out after them to find out chim was already 3 songs into their set, because for whatever reason the main stage was running ahead of schedule, and that was around 2:30.

I saw Himsa around that time, I thought they were good

and I remember that was during the LOG/Chimaira/Atreyu/18 Visions tour

I missed 18V, but saw both LOG and Atreyu twice within a month(LOG actually did a VFW Hall up the street from me with Unearth/The Minor Times/Every Time I Die/A Life Once Lost/All Else Failed/Twelve Tribes/Nora)

electrocute1031
02-02-2011, 12:34 PM

they did that in 09 with between the buried and me. I might go friday. Saturday i'm definitely there.

floydhunter9
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM
How long did it take before BtBaM was announced in '09?

mastodon421
02-02-2011, 03:50 PM
How long did it take before BtBaM was announced in '09?

About a month if I remember correctly.

Bergman101
02-03-2011, 09:32 PM
so apparently BTBAM is doing a tour in the spring with JFAC and The Ocean, if that's true then I'd be soooo happy...

bt11763
02-03-2011, 09:37 PM
so apparently BTBAM is doing a tour in the spring with JFAC and The Ocean, if that's true then I'd be soooo happy...

i would definitely go to that. i've heard great things about the ocean

treghet
02-03-2011, 09:51 PM
No complaints about The Ocean (although I have yet to become a fan), but why the hell is JFAC on that? :hecho:

Statutory-Mike
02-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Everybody should always play before Converge.

fxd :D

Neither Stick to your Guns or Norma Jean is hardcore. I've gotten so into hardcore in the last few months it is ridiculous, a completley different genre then what I thought it was. Also, as much as I love metal, nothing beats a hardcore show. They are fucking ridiculous :cool:

:party: The Ocean are FINALLY coming to America!?

Natrlhi
02-04-2011, 09:18 AM
:party: The Ocean are FINALLY coming to America!?Ummmm, they toured here for their last album, Cochise. I saw them at Peabody's in 2008 with Kylesa, Withered and Lair of the Motherfucking Minotaur :fist:

...and you didn't. :fingers:

jd091
02-04-2011, 11:05 AM

:eek:

:bliss:

Natrlhi
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
BTBAM :hmm:
JFAC :finger2:
The Ocean :bliss:

Total score: :(

Why, The Ocean? Why?!?

mankvill
02-04-2011, 12:49 PM

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

jd091
02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

idrinkwine732
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
JFAC :finger2:
The Ocean :bliss:

Total score: :(

Why, The Ocean? Why?!?

I'm 100% going to go. BTBAM are really fun live, and seeing The Ocean is on my bucket list.

ShatteredFlame
02-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Fuck BTBAM. I paid to see them once already, I went for Cynic and Devin Townsend. While the 30 minutes of Devin Townsend was worth the price of ticket alone. Sitting through BTBAM's whole set was just tiring, all of there songs sound the same live.

mankvill
02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Fuck BTBAM. I paid to see them once already, I went for Cynic and Devin Townsend. While the 30 minutes of Devin Townsend was worth the price of ticket alone. Sitting through BTBAM's whole set was just tiring, all of there songs sound the same live.

>:I

ShatteredFlame
02-04-2011, 04:15 PM
the worst part was when they ended the set with like an 18 minute song. At this point I'm so ready to leave. Then they bust a 16 minute song for the encore, and I had to stay since I was with friends who loved and went for them :mad:

treghet
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I never cared for BTBAM either. I saw them a couple years ago opening for Children of Bodom and they bored me. I think they'd be better without the stupid polka parts and a new vocalist. His screams sound so monotonous to me. Parts of their songs are really good. Those are usually the parts without vocals.

slapguitarer
02-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I don't approve of the direction this thread is taking.

slapguitarer
02-04-2011, 07:57 PM

:drool:

bt11763
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM

^^^

larvtard
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Sitting through BTBAM's whole set was just tiring, all of there songs sound the same live.

I got the same exact impression as you, and I actually like them on record. But I thought Devy was pretty bad live, honestly.

jd091
02-05-2011, 12:06 AM
the worst part was when they ended the set with like an 18 minute song. At this point I'm so ready to leave. Then they bust a 16 minute song for the encore, and I had to stay since I was with friends who loved and went for them :mad:

YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

:finger2:

mastodon421
02-05-2011, 05:34 AM
+1

mankvill
02-14-2011, 03:02 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182599_10150091341482055_6263332054_6439406_181755 0_n.jpg

...wait, Carnifex and Oceano get billing above Job For A Cowboy?

kommie
02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182599_10150091341482055_6263332054_6439406_181755 0_n.jpg

I saw Behemoth and Job for a Cowboy co-headline. at the time JFAC only had Genesis and Doom out. why? to make it worse my date JFAC headlined

electrocute1031
02-14-2011, 03:11 PM
the only reason i can think why they would be headlining over JFAC is if they headline the smaller stage. but Cephalic Carnage getting added to the bill is pretty sick

jd091
02-14-2011, 03:33 PM
This is picky, but why is Oceano and Carnifex listed above Born of Osiris and Job for a Cowboy? Job are the forefathers of deathcore pretty much; it seems weird that cheap imitations like Oceano and Carnifex would perform over them.

At least BTBAM is ahead of all of them, so I don't give a fuck! :party:

...but Dying Fetus and Skeletontits are below them :bawling:

mastodon421
02-14-2011, 03:35 PM

I think the order is a little off, Oceano is listed after Carnifex and Carnifex is headlining over them. I would be shocked if Job For A Cowboy is playing before either of them.

llama lom
02-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I see Times of Grace got added. They kind of seem out of place on Saturday compared to most of the other bands. Still not enough to make me go though. :bouville:

floydhunter9
02-14-2011, 06:29 PM
So given there's a poster should we assume this is final?

llama lom
02-14-2011, 11:06 PM
It still says "and other bands" above the date, so I take it as no.

mastodon421
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Darkest Hour has been added to the Saturday lineup.

hellawaits77ny
03-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I think the order is a little off, Oceano is listed after Carnifex and Carnifex is headlining over them. I would be shocked if Job For A Cowboy is playing before either of them.

Same here. To me, it would make the most sense if JFAC plays 3rd to last, right before BTBAM and Hatebreed. If Carnishit and Bloceano play after them, I won't be happy.

Unfortunately, we won't know until they release the schedule, and they usually don't do that until a day or 2 before.

mastodon421
03-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Same here. To me, it would make the most sense if JFAC plays 3rd to last, right before BTBAM and Hatebreed. If Carnishit and Bloceano play after them, I won't be happy.

Unfortunately, we won't know until they release the schedule, and they usually don't do that until a day or 2 before.

They actually released a couple of weeks beforehand last year. Hopefully they do that again. I wouldn't be surprised if Carnifex and Oceano were the top two bands on the Upstairs Stage. That would make my day they are 2 of the 3 bad bands on the bill and I really don't want to watch either of them.

hellawaits77ny
03-08-2011, 07:28 AM
That would make my day they are 2 of the 3 bad bands on the bill and I really don't want to watch either of them.

Same here Man

hellawaits77ny
04-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Be nice if they released the schedule. Shit, it's only 3 days away.

mastodon421
04-12-2011, 08:25 AM
The set times are out. Here are the times for Saturday. Hell Awaits if you meet up at some point, let me know.

2nd Stage
12:00-12:20 Wretched
12:30-12:50 Hung
1:00-1:20 Legion
1:30-1:50 Son Of Aurelius
2:00-2:20 Last Chance To Reason
2:30-2:50 Lazarus A.D
3:00-3:20 Withered
3:30-3:50 Revocation
4:00-4:20 Believer
4:30-4:50 A Life Once Lost
5:00-5:20 Nails
5:30-6:00 3 Inches Of Blood
6:15-6:45 Skeletonwitch

Main Stage
12:15-12:35 Structures
12:45-1:05 Volumes
1:15-1:35 The Contortionist
1:45-2:05 Within The Ruins
2:15-2:35 Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
2:45-3:05 Cephalic Carnage
3:15-3:45 The Ocean
3:55-4:25 Oceano
4:35-5:05 Dying Fetus
5:15-5:45 Job For A Cowboy
6:00-6:30 Carnifex
6:45-7:25 Darkest Hour
7:45-8:30 Times Of Grace
8:45-9:30 Born Of Osiris
10:00-11:00 Between The Buried and Me
11:30-12:30 Hatebreed

Bergman101
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
my hardest decision of the day would be A Life Once Lost or Dying Fetus.... since DF is doing Summer Slaughter, I'd go see ALOL.

kommie
04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Oceano on the main stage? WTF?

mankvill
04-12-2011, 02:00 PM
haha 20 minute sets

hellawaits77ny
04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Oceano on the main stage? WTF?

Yeah Man, seriously.

The schedule doesn't bode well for me. Gotta wait hours after JFAC + DF for Hatebreed Saturdauy. But whatever, it will still be a good time.

jd091
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
2nd Stage

Main Stage

This lines up... like, perfectly! Goddamn!

smokebeer420
04-13-2011, 05:51 PM
The set times are out. Here are the times for Saturday. Hell Awaits if you meet up at some point, let me know.

2nd Stage

Main Stage
Last year JFAC played in the same spot as born of osiris and this year they drop four 4 slots all to bands that there more well known than,thats kind of shocking

hellawaits77ny
04-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Last year JFAC played in the same spot as born of osiris and this year they drop four 4 slots all to bands that there more well known than,thats kind of shocking

I thought the same thing. It's probably because BTBAM has a new album out(or coming out soon), and JFAC hasn't released any studio shit in 2 years.

mastodon421
04-14-2011, 04:57 AM
Darkest Hour dropped off.

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 10:27 AM
I thought the same thing. It's probably because BTBAM has a new album out(or coming out soon), and JFAC hasn't released any studio shit in 2 years.

I dont think it has anything to do with btbam,they played the same slot day one last year as they are this year which im sure happens often at festivals but when a band plays 3rd to last in front of bands like cc and amon amarth then a year later drop 4 slots,If anything they should have moved up a slot or only droped one

Natrlhi
04-14-2011, 10:32 AM
This lines up... like, perfectly! Goddamn!

Almost, but there's a clash between The Ocean and Revocation, which would be a major heartbreaker for me if I were going to this.

hellawaits77ny
04-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I dont think it has anything to do with btbam,they played the same slot day one last year as they are this year which im sure happens often at festivals but when a band plays 3rd to last in front of bands like cc and amon amarth then a year later drop 4 slots,If anything they should have moved up a slot or only droped one

Brain fart. DER!!! I meant Born of Osiris having a new album out. The BTBAM + JFAC tour messed up my thinking.

But I agree, they should be higher.

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Brain fart. DER!!! I meant Born of Osiris having a new album out. The BTBAM + JFAC tour messed up my thinking.

But I agree, they should be higher.it should go jfac,btbam,hatebreed and if any other band should play after jfac other than btbam and hatebreed it should be dying fetus not carinfex times of grace or born of osiris

hellawaits77ny
04-14-2011, 12:52 PM
it should go jfac,btbam,hatebreed and if any other band should play after jfac other than btbam and hatebreed it should be dying fetus not carinfex times of grace or born of osiris

You said it right, my friend.

mastodon421
04-14-2011, 12:57 PM
I think the reason JFAC is so low on the bill because they are supporting BTBAM. Carnifex is headlining their own tour, Times Of Grace is from MA and clearly you got the KSE factor as well, I don't get why Born Of Osiris is playing after them(not complaining, I like them more than Job). Personally, I think the top billing should go like this:
Hatebreed
Times Of Grace
Job For A Cowboy
Born Of Osiris
Dying Fetus
Carnifex(even though I can't stand them)

It would make a lot more sense from a popularity standpoint. On a related note, I wonder if there gonna push the last few bands sets up due to Darkest Hour dropping off.

hellawaits77ny
04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I wonder if there gonna push the last few bands sets up due to Darkest Hour dropping off.

That would be sick. Move everyone up 45 mins. Maybe then my friends and I have time to hit Boston after.

mastodon421
04-14-2011, 01:02 PM
That would be sick. Move everyone up 45 mins. Maybe then my friends and I have time to hit Boston after.

It's a possibilty for sure, I actually just heard a rumor that The Red Chord might take their slot(which would be sick and it would work out because Charn from JFAC drummed for them on their last tour and since he is already playing it could work out)

hellawaits77ny
04-14-2011, 01:14 PM
It's a possibilty for sure, I actually just heard a rumor that The Red Chord might take their slot(which would be sick and it would work out because Charn from JFAC drummed for them on their last tour and since he is already playing it could work out)

Works for me. I prefer TRC to DH

JuuKun
04-14-2011, 01:23 PM
If past years are any indication, if Darkest Hour aren't replaced, nothing will happen. No bands will get longer sets, and things won't even be moved - you'll just probably have a longer gap until the headliner comes on stage, with the show ending at the planned time.

That's what they did in 07 & 08. In 07, Satyricon dropped off months before the fest, and instead of doing anything like replacing them or lengthening sets (Satyricon had a 30 minute set. There were three bands before Satyricon who were on tour and playing 30 minute sets regularly, but played 20 minutes at the fest. Could have distributed it to them.), they listed Dark Tranquillity in the spot even though the band wasn't even in the country and we waited an extra 30 minutes for Dimmu Borgir to come on at the end of the night.

In 08, Divine Heresy dropped off the night before the show. The last three bands of the night were Ensiferum, Meshuggah, and Ministry, with Divine Heresy having been scheduled inbetween Ensiferum & Meshuggah. Since Ensiferum were playing their first ever US date, and they were on a headlining tour, you'd think they'd get their set extended even a little bit - nope. They still played the 25 minutes they got, and we waited out the duration of Divine Heresy's set time between Meshuggah & Ministry.

To make it clear - I'm not saying that the turnover before the headliners those years was only 30 minutes. I mean they did all the setting up and sound checking and everything, and then just WAITED to get back on schedule.

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 01:44 PM
i think they will replace darkest hour,probly from a well known band from mass that isnt touring (Unearth,acia strain would be my guess)they did it last year when 1349 couldn't get a flight to the us due to the volcano so they had the red chord play in their spot

mastodon421
04-14-2011, 02:16 PM
i think they will replace darkest hour,probly from a well known band from mass that isnt touring (Unearth,acia strain would be my guess)they did it last year when 1349 couldn't get a flight to the us due to the volcano so they had the red chord play in their spot

The Acacia Strain is on tour in Europe so they are out of the question.

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 03:52 PM
The Acacia Strain is on tour in Europe so they are out of the question.

ok so then if there gonna replace them with a mass band then my guess would be unearth,which could help them out with one final warm up show before mayhem even though its still months away

mastodon421
04-14-2011, 05:28 PM
ok so then if there gonna replace them with a mass band then my guess would be unearth,which could help them out with one final warm up show before mayhem even though its still months away

That would be fucking awesome.

smokebeer420
04-14-2011, 05:54 PM
That would be fucking awesome.

if that does (and i lived in mass still id be pumped as shit) i would bet their setlist would be very similar to that of their mayhem setlist