PDA

View Full Version : Motorhead -- Anaheim, CA -- January 25th, 2011

andrew_metalhead
01-26-2011, 12:57 AM
For me this was all about interviewing Lemmy. I was already in seventh heaven after that. But the show was kickass, as every Motorhead show is :) I'll post a full review in the morning.

We Are Motorhead
Stay Clean
Metropolis
Over The Top
One Night Stand
Rock Out
Guitar Solo
The Thousand Names Of God
I Got Mine
I Know How To Die
The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
In The Name Of Tragedy
Just 'Cos You Got The Power
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Ace Of Spades
--------------------------------------------
Overkill

IrritatedTrout
01-26-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm bummed this tour is skipping my area.

MetalIsArt
01-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Good to see chase in the setlist.

Nick_to_the_face
01-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Why do they keep Metropolis in there????
it needs to go

and why don't they play stuf off of bastards??
i don't know how anyone else feels about that album..but I like it

Dextrimental
01-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Needs more Dr. Rock. Hell need more of a lot of things. But still, Motorhead will forever be one of the most steadfast rock acts ever, and despite peoples complaints, we all know we'll still be seeing them whenever they come around as much as we can.

kngdymond
01-26-2011, 09:51 AM
metropolis must stay as it has forever

as for the rest of the setlist not too thrilled but seeing ozzy friday and motorhead saturday in vegas will be cool its been 30 yrs since I saw them together so this is the best I can do :bouville:

girnny777
01-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Do you remember what the set times were?

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Killed By Death, The Chase is Better then the Catch. Niiiice

The last time I saw Motorhead was in 2008 at the house of blues in Anahiem. The show was plagued with technical difficulties and you could tell the band was getting pissed the fuck off:hecho:

Was it the same for this show? Did the band sound pretty good?

andrew_metalhead
01-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Do you remember what the set times were?

Valient Thorr 8-8.40
Motorhead 9.20 to 10.50

andrew_metalhead
01-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Killing By Death, The Chase is Better then the Catch. Niiiice

The last time I saw Motorhead was in 2008 at the house of blues in Anahiem. The show was plagued with technical difficulties and you could tell the band was getting pissed the fuck off:hecho:

Was it the same for this show? Did the band sound pretty good?

They did have technical difficulties specially with Lemmy's bass. They actually went off stage after the first 2 songs and came back on after 5 minutes. Dave Lombardo came on stage in the meanwhile just to say hi to the crowd. I was like lol he is literally at every major LA show.

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 10:34 AM
They did have technical difficulties specially with Lemmy's bass. They actually went off stage after the first 2 songs and came back on after 5 minutes. Dave Lombardo came on stage in the meanwhile just to say hi to the crowd. I was like lol he is literally at every major LA show.

Nice! Dave Lombardo, SLLLLAAAAYERRAAH!!!? ahahhaha sorry had to add my 2 cents. :D

By the way, was the technical difficulity just the beginning or was it through out the show? At my show, not only was the bass guitar all fucked up, but lemmy's mic was giving really bad feed back. It felt like abunch of sharp knives were stabbing into my ear hole. After about 30-40 minutes of trying to fix it up, the band basically said "fuck it" and went on with the show. Later in the set they apologized to the fans for the really shitty sound and said that they would make it up if they ever come back to Anaheim:cool:

andrew_metalhead
01-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Nice! Dave Lombardo, SLLLLAAAAYERRAAH!!!? ahahhaha sorry had to add my 2 cents. :D

By the way, was the technical difficulity just the beginning or was it through out the show? At my show, not only was the bass guitar all fucked up, but lemmy's mic was giving really bad feed back. It felt like abunch of sharp knives were stabbing into my ear hole. After about 30-40 minutes of trying to fix it up the band basically said "fuck it" and went on with the show. Later int he set they apologized to the fans for the really shitty sound and said that they would make it up if they ever come back to anahiem:cool:

Yeah after they came back, it sounded fine, so that was a good thing. Lemmy is the coolest motherfucker alive. My friend Chad who was there with me for the interview, mentioned to Lemmy that he's driving to San Diego for the show on Monday. Lemmy put him on the guest list +1. So I guess I'm seeing Motorhead again on Monday! :)

Here's the interview btw: http://metalassault.com/Interviews/012511_Motorhead.php

Onioner
01-26-2011, 12:36 PM
That may have been the funniest interview I've ever read from your website Andrew, awesome job!

It looks like those tech issues may have caused a couple songs to get cut. In Europe, they played Over the Top and Born to Raise Hell in addition to all of the songs there.

andrew_metalhead
01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
That may have been the funniest interview I've ever read from your website Andrew, awesome job!

It looks like those tech issues may have caused a couple songs to get cut. In Europe, they played Over the Top and Born to Raise Hell in addition to all of the songs there.

Thank you! Yes, I myself was laughing through the whole thing.

And yeah they did cut out a couple of songs. I know Born To Raise Hell was on the set list before Overkill but they didn't play it. Also they soundchecked "Get Back In Line" but didn't play it. I'll include all the details in my review which I'm writing right now.

TonyD
01-26-2011, 01:34 PM
No Clutch on this date?

andrew_metalhead
01-26-2011, 02:02 PM
No Clutch on this date?

Clutch are joining the tour starting from the Vegas 01/29 date. Looking forward to seeing them in San Diego and then in LA on the last night of the tour. I loved their set when they opened for BLS. Don't understand why everybody else seem to hate them, really. To each their own.

bt11763
01-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Clutch are joining the tour starting from the Vegas 01/29 date. Looking forward to seeing them in San Diego and then in LA on the last night of the tour. I loved their set when they opened for BLS. Don't understand why everybody else seem to hate them, really. To each their own.

people hate clutch?! :eek:

that's awesome about the gueslist AND the interview man, keep up the great work :rocker:

kevindeets
01-28-2011, 07:28 PM
I had backstage passes for Motorhead's tour w/ Anthrax, Havochate & Erase the Grey in 2003. They were super-cool guys. Honest to God, the first thing Phil said to me after I complimented the show was, "Was it loud enough?" I still can't get over how appropriate & funny that was.

andrew_metalhead
01-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Review: http://metalassault.com/Live_Reviews/012511_Motorhead.php

bobisdead911
01-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Going to this next month, excited to see them for the first time, and Clutch as well, they're amazing live:D