05. Fade to Black
06. I Disappear
07. Turn the Page
08. Sad But True
09. One
10. Nothing Else Matters
11. Enter Sandman

WORST SETLIST EVER... :barf:

I don't give a shit if they are opening up for the Rolling Stones. This is a sorry excuse of a setlist.......holy shit....:hecho:

JRA
01-25-2011, 06:07 PM
First of all, we already have this setlist somewhere here.

Second of all, that's not the worst setlist ever, that would be if they played all of St. Anger.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Not the worst but deff not the best. Cool to hear some of orion and no leaf clover is a pretty kick ass song. But other than that its so typical.

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 06:18 PM
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE "KILL EM ALL" SONGS???? NO "KILL EM ALL"...

This setlist is horrible:hecho:

I really don't care if they are just "Opening" for a band. They can bust out so many great joints for an 11 song setlist. :hmm:

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 06:30 PM

I really don't care if they are just "Opening" for a band. They can bust out so many great joints for an 11 song setlist. :hmm:

I honestly never thought of no kill em all songs. Now it sucks even more.

DisposableJustice
01-25-2011, 06:31 PM

Because half of the people there were old farts going for the Stones and would have no clue what was going on if Metallica didn't play hits and well known songs

Jochen
01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
The date is actually November 13th, I won a trip to the show two days later. This was my setlist...

Orion (first half)
Creeping Death
Wherever I May Roam
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Unforgiven
Fuel
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
Master of Puppets
One
Enter Sandman

Besides hearing Orion, I was pretty disappointed in the setlist. I mean, it was my first Metallica show and I was really happy to see them, and hear Orion, but seriously, five songs from the Black Album? And Fuel as the Load/Reload song? No Kill 'em All? Oh well, it was free, so I can't complain too much.

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 07:30 PM
The date is actually November 13th, I won a trip to the show two days later. This was my setlist...

Orion (first half)
Creeping Death
Wherever I May Roam
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Unforgiven
Fuel
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
Master of Puppets
One
Enter Sandman

Besides hearing Orion, I was pretty disappointed in the setlist. I mean, it was my first Metallica show and I was really happy to see them, and hear Orion, but seriously, five songs from the Black Album? And Fuel as the Load/Reload song? No Kill 'em All? Oh well, it was free, so I can't complain too much.

They played two dates. November 12th and November 13th. I think you went to the 13th

Jochen
01-25-2011, 07:50 PM
They played two dates. November 12th and November 13th. I think you went to the 13th

http://www.metallica.com/timeline.asp?page=tour&n_categoryid=15823&year=2005?sPosx=548

mankvill
01-25-2011, 08:07 PM
For the opening slot and given the situation, both those setlists are solid. Only one I wouldn't want to hear is Sad But True.

MPF
01-25-2011, 08:48 PM
source:setlist fm

WORST SETLIST

EVER....

Jesus H. fucking christ :hecho:

I don't give a shit if they are opening up for the Rolling Stones. This is a sorry excuse of a setlist.......holy shit....:hecho:

How are things at home?

TonyD
01-25-2011, 09:02 PM
For the opening slot and given the situation, both those setlists are solid. Only one I wouldn't want to hear is Sad But True.

You're high

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
http://www.metallica.com/timeline.asp?page=tour&n_categoryid=15823&year=2005?sPosx=548

ah, my bad dawg. I thought it was the 13th :hecho:

How are things at home?

ya mamas mama :cool:

bobbie solo
01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
seriously, calm down.

to not comprehend that they would tone it down when theyre opening for one of the biggest bands of all time that defines rock n roll is extremely naive. the crowd doesnt want to be bludgeoned to death, theyre mostly boomers. plus, metallica isnt gonna go and try to blow the stones off the stage.

MPF
01-25-2011, 10:11 PM
ya mamas mama :cool:

Haha just joking man.

I know you don't care that it was opening for The Rolling Stones, but that set is what a Older Classic Rock fan could appreciate.

Most Rolling Stones fans would get pissed off hearing Battery, Blackened, or Fight Fire With Fire. If I saw this setlist. I'd have no problem with it.

leglessmoof
01-26-2011, 05:40 AM
They played Orion. That makes any setlist awesome. I don't care if they played Orion followed by the entire St. Anger album, it would still be awesome.

El Gordo
01-26-2011, 06:41 AM
They played Orion. That makes any setlist awesome. I don't care if they played Orion followed by the entire St. Anger album, it would still be awesome.

Incorrect. They played HALF of Orion -- so it's only half-awesome. Not to mention Orion might be one of the most overrated songs in the bands discography. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to it but if we're comparing instrumentals, Call of Ktulu takes Orion out for a nice dinner and never calls her again.

leglessmoof
01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Incorrect. They played HALF of Orion -- so it's only half-awesome.
You got me there.

Not to mention Orion might be one of the most overrated songs in the bands discography. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to it but if we're comparing instrumentals, Call of Ktulu takes Orion out for a nice dinner and never calls her again.
Disagree.

kngdymond
01-26-2011, 09:39 AM
I was at the show and even though the setlist wasnt my fave ( I saw both nights) it was a good show the Stones were also very good and everclear wasnt bad all in all I have seen a lot worse gigs

Natrlhi
01-26-2011, 09:51 AM
How are things at home?:lol: Somebody's not taking their meds again (or possibly never does, in this case). ;)

Skinny Juice
01-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm tired of these random retrievals from setlist.fm. That site already exists, so let them have the setlists. Yes, I'm aware this is 'metalsetlists.com' Why don't we post setlists from shows we actually attended? With in-depth reviews? Or opening nights of big tours, I get that. This setlist looks like it would've sucked, but you don't really know because you weren't there. The atmosphere could've been killer. Seeing Metallica open for the Stones.

I'm down for cutting down on the spammage a little bit. All of those in favor, just cut down. All of those not in favor, keep posting random setlists from 1989.

The Ghost at Number One
01-26-2011, 08:07 PM
With the exception of I Disappear, I actually kinda like the set. I'm a fan of King Nothing, No Leaf Clover, and Turn the Page, and except for No Leaf Clover at the S & M show, I've never seen any of them live.

Sepultura69
01-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm tired of these random retrievals from setlist.fm. That site already exists, so let them have the setlists. Yes, I'm aware this is 'metalsetlists.com' Why don't we post setlists from shows we actually attended? With in-depth reviews? Or opening nights of big tours, I get that. This setlist looks like it would've sucked, but you don't really know because you weren't there. The atmosphere could've been killer. Seeing Metallica open for the Stones.

I'm down for cutting down on the spammage a little bit. All of those in favor, just cut down. All of those not in favor, keep posting random setlists from 1989.

Cool your jets :cool:

This is the only "setlist" I've posted from a show that I didn't attend.:cool:

Jochen
01-27-2011, 02:01 PM
ah, my bad dawg. I thought it was the 13th :hecho:

It's a'ight.

ratcat90
01-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah. Most certainly could have been better. Personally i'd rather see The Stones opening for Metallica. Though it would Never happen. Maybe Someday. :)

Sepultura69
01-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Yeah. Most certainly could have been better. Personally i'd rather see The Stones opening for Metallica. Though it would Never happen. Maybe Someday. :)

ahahahahhaa, that made me laugh. seriously dude. I like how you added a smile at the end. Fat chance buddy. That's like Aerosmith opening up for Slayer :lol: :hecho:

AnthG
01-27-2011, 11:00 PM
source:setlist fm

WORST SETLIST

EVER....

Jesus H. fucking christ :hecho:

01. Orion (first half of the song only)
02. Master of Puppets (full version)
03. No Leaf Clover
04. King Nothing
05. Fade to Black
06. I Disappear
07. Turn the Page
08. Sad But True
09. One
10. Nothing Else Matters
11. Enter Sandman

They're opening for the Rolling stones dude, so that sort of does matter and explain why that setlist was the way it was. Based on bootlegs i've seen from both shows, even songs like One and Master of Puppets got piss-poor receptions. I don't think busting out Whiplash and Hit the Lights would be great additions given the situation.

MetalIsArt
01-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Sepultura69 is a funny guy.

ijwthstd
01-29-2011, 01:55 PM
They're opening for the Rolling stones dude, so that sort of does matter and explain why that setlist was the way it was. Based on bootlegs i've seen from both shows, even songs like One and Master of Puppets got piss-poor receptions. I don't think busting out Whiplash and Hit the Lights would be great additions given the situation.

Actually all the more reason to...

And in the 1980's they had a reputation for always blowing away the headliner. Though I would joke about it on the Stones board, I never heard a single report, even from Metallica fans, of this happening at either of the shows.

MetalIsArt
01-30-2011, 02:30 AM
That's maybe because they have been a headliner for like 25 years themselves, probably?

And if the audience thinks it's "too hard", well, good for them.

Epidemic Reign
02-06-2011, 02:08 AM
ahahahahhaa, that made me laugh. seriously dude. I like how you added a smile at the end. Fat chance buddy. That's like Aerosmith opening up for Slayer :lol: :hecho:

No it's not. Metallica and Slayer may be interchangeable in that scenario, but the Stones kick ass and Aerosmith doesn't.

MetalIsArt
02-11-2011, 12:29 PM
No it's not. Metallica and Slayer may be interchangeable in that scenario, but the Stones kick ass and Aerosmith doesn't.

Aerosmith does kick ass, even though they are probably kicking each other asses right now.

Rocks & Toys In The Attic are among the best albums ever made, btw.