PDA

View Full Version : Metallica -- Montreal, Quebec -- March 28th, 1997

HugeRockStar
01-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Posting my first Metallica show setlist as well. Maybe not everyone`s favorite era but I had a great time, been waiting years at this point to see them. I had tickets to see them the summer before in Quebec City for the last Lollapalooza tour with Soundgarden but our car broke down that day and we couldn`t go lol. I was gutted. I still have the tour shirt from this tour with the four faces on the front and `Poor Touring Me`dates on the back, its all faded and torn up lol. Corrosion of Conformity opened but I unfortunately didn`t get into them until years later and I don`t have a setlist for them.

Jam
So What!
Creeping Death
Sad But True
Ain't My Bitch
Hero of The Day
King Nothing
One
Wasting My Hate
Misery/Sanitarium
Nothing Else Matters
Until it Sleeps
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Wherever I May Roam
Fade To Black
Seek & Destroy/Fight Fire With Fire
Last Caress
Master Of Puppets (although only half the song)
Enter Sandman
----------------------
Am I Evil?
Motorbreath

Sepultura69
01-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow.....

That's not a very good setlist:hecho:

Not trying to sound like a douche or anything:eyes:

And they only played half of MOP :eek:

El Gordo
01-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Wow.....

That's not a very good setlist:hecho:

Not trying to sound like a douche or anything:eyes:

They've done that a lot actually.

ChildrenofSodom
01-24-2011, 05:31 PM
WOAH! Whats the huge Metallica dump the past few days. :lol:

Shadowswillfall414
01-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Playing only half of master of puppets is a tease and its bullshit. Its like if slayer did half of angel of death or acdc did half of back in black BULL SHIT!!!:mad:

El Gordo
01-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Playing only half of master of puppets is a tease and its bullshit. Its like if slayer did half of angel of death or acdc did half of back in black BULL SHIT!!!:mad:

Except Puppets is over 8 minutes long... it's bound to happen once in a while.

Shadowswillfall414
01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Except Puppets is over 8 minutes long... it's bound to happen once in a while.

True but they could have cut fucking so what! for a classic song. Uhhhh 90's metallica pisses me off :mad:

MPF
01-24-2011, 06:32 PM
I like when young kids bitch about Metallica.

Shadowswillfall414
01-24-2011, 06:34 PM
I like when young kids bitch about Metallica.

Hey i love metallica. I just cant stand load and reload era metallica.

MPF
01-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Hey i love metallica. I just cant stand load and reload era metallica.

I know. Just like every kid I know now a days, it's always the the first 4 albums and possibly Death Magnetic, everything else sucks.

I like 90's Metallica. The only album I don't like (just like every sane person in the world) is St. Anger. To me, it's the only album you can bitch about from Metallica. Re-load is close, but it has some great songs.

Shadowswillfall414
01-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I know. Just like every kid I know now a days, it's always the the first 4 albums and possibly Death Magnetic, everything else sucks.

I like 90's Metallica. The only album I don't like (just like every sane person in the world) is St. Anger. To me, it's the only album you can bitch about from Metallica. Re-load is close, but it has some great songs.

i love everything they did except for load, reload, and st.anger.

MPF
01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
i love everything they did except for load, reload, and st.anger.

I'll give you that.

Sepultura69
01-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I know. Just like every kid I know now a days, it's always the the first 4 albums and possibly Death Magnetic, everything else sucks

Death Magnetic sucks

MPF
01-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Death Magnetic sucks

No it doesn't. But you tried and that's all that matters.

metalmilitia54
01-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Personally I find myself listening mostly to Kill 'Em All through The Black Album the most. However, I do "like" Load, Reload sometimes, Death Magnetic, and some of the St. Anger songs get some rotation on my playlist. I find myself talking to a lot of anal Metallica fans about what era is good and what sucks and blah blah blah. I say - just listen to what you DO like and quit complaining about what you DON'T like. Also... don't bitch at someone as a faux-Metallica fan just because they dare say they like Load, Reload, and St. Anger. Also, don't bitch at someone who may NOT LIKE a particular album from Metallica in the 80s. We've all got personal tastes. Just listen to music you DO like. Let other people like what they like =D

Indestructible
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
The First 5 are great(except for nothing else matter). There are four and a half good songs on Load(Hero of the Day is one of my favorite Metallica songs), Reload is good, St Anger sucks and Death Magnetic is good. DM is better than the 3 before it.

HugeRockStar
01-24-2011, 09:33 PM

They always played only the first half of the song throughout the '90s, didn't start to play the entire song again until a bit before St. Anger came out. Pissed me off at the time too lol.

Sanitarium78
01-25-2011, 06:18 AM
They always played only the first half of the song throughout the '90s, didn't start to play the entire song again until a bit before St. Anger came out. Pissed me off at the time too lol.

I was just about to say this. You youngins on here need to do your homework. None of you have Live Shit: Binge & Purge from Metallica? Seriously? In 1991 was the first time they played only half of MOP. Before the slow middle part they would just go into another song live. In '91 and '92 it was Seek & Destroy. When I saw them in 1994 it was Wherever I May Roam, in 1997 it was Sandman and in 1998, Of Wolf And Man.

I thought since Metallica released a hugely sucessful live album/DVD documenting their tour for TBA that it was common knowledge that at least on that tour MOP was cut short. I guess not though:confused: