PDA

View Full Version : Mastodon writing new album

Fires Of Sedition
01-24-2011, 08:58 AM
ah shit son (http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/mastodon-writing-album)

:party:

JRA
01-24-2011, 09:03 AM
inb4 "REMISSION2 or GTFO"

Fires Of Sedition
01-24-2011, 09:25 AM
I think I'm part of the small crowd that doesn't like Remission as much as the other records. :eyes:

JRA
01-24-2011, 09:27 AM
I think I'm part of the small crowd that doesn't like Remission as much as the other records. :eyes:

I hated it at first. It grew on me, but i still don't like it as much as Leviathan.

IrritatedTrout
01-24-2011, 09:41 AM
It's ok but it's easily the worst Mastodong album.

Rocco44
01-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Blood Mountain better than Remission? not even close haha

jd091
01-24-2011, 10:33 AM
actually hope that Crack the Skye was a one time thing, and they o back to writing some crazy-heavy prog stuff. Although they're all amazing and I own every one, Blood Mountain is still my favorite Mastodon record. I mean.... Capillarian Crest... Bladecatcher... Sleeping Giant... Damn, all those songs were crazy good. Here's for me hopin' they catch that crazy sound again.

mastodon421
01-24-2011, 11:30 AM

I feel the same way, I love all their records, but Remission is easily my least favorite.

Natrlhi
01-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Haven't we already established in another thread(s) that Mastodon is writing these days?

Man, Fires - get your shit together, son.

girnny777
01-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Mastodon's a weird band for me. I've seen them live a bunch of times and I enjoy all four of their albums, but none of them stick really stick with me.

I'll definitely check out the new album though.

Shadowswillfall414
01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Crack the skye is prob my 2nd fav album of all time. Hopefully this next one will be good :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
01-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Blood Mountain better than Remission? not even close haha

Blood Mountain is their best album.

slapguitarer
01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Leviathan is their best album.

I fixed it for you.

Dextrimental
01-24-2011, 04:51 PM
LEVIATHAN :D

This will be good. Guaranteed.

larvtard
01-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Blood Mountain is my least favorite of theirs by far. Remission has some amazing songs (March of the fire ants, Mother puncher, Where strides the behemoth) but I heavily dislike the four long songs (Ole Nessie, Trainwreck, Trilobite, and especially Elephant Man).

SomewhereInTime72
01-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Crack the Skye and Blood Mountain (mostly the former), were pretty underwhelming to me, so I don't exactly have this high on my expectations. :hmm:

JRA
01-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Blood Mountain is my least favorite of theirs by far. Remission has some amazing songs (March of the fire ants, Mother puncher, Where strides the behemoth) but I heavily dislike the four long songs (Ole Nessie, Trainwreck, Trilobite, and especially Elephant Man).

Trainwreck and Ol Nessie grew on me, but those last two definitely suck.

larvtard
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Trainwreck and Ol Nessie grew on me, but those last two definitely suck.

sure, Ol Nessie isn't that bad, come to think of it, and neither is Trainwreck I suppose, but oh god...Elephant Man :finger2:

slapguitarer
01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Every song on Remission is awesome. Come to think of it, every song Mastodon has written is awesome.

Rocco44
01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Blood Mountain is their best album.

Agree to disagree lol. I like Blood Mountain but there aren't many standout tracks for me like their other albums have.

mankvill
01-24-2011, 09:22 PM
*ahem*

:freak: EYES ALL AROUND YOU :freak:
:freak: ENTER THE LABYRINTH :freak:
:freak: VISIONS OF THE HUNTED :freak:
:freak: BEWARE THE BIRCHMAN :freak:

:shred:

Indestructible
01-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I hope this sounds more like Crack the Skye, than Leviathan or Remission.

idrinkwine732
01-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I hope this sounds more like Crack the Skye, than Leviathan or Remission.

wat

Fires Of Sedition
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Haven't we already established in another thread(s) that Mastodon is writing these days?

Man, Fires - get your shit together, son.

It's hard for me to keep up with all the usual threads I post in after the weekend! I sowie :(

As for favorite albums...I have to say I like the newer CDs more than the older. I used to hate Mastodon, I think I had only heard Blood And Thunder and some other song but they didn't appeal to me at all at the time. My cousin started listening to them and ended up getting me to like Oblivion, a lot. I know that's not a popular track with the old school Mastodon fans but it's the song that got me into them and I ended up falling in love with Crack The Skye before ever even giving the rest of the discography a proper listen. Now I love all of their albums, just don't like Remission and Leviathan as much as Blood Mountain and Crack The Skye. They easily become one of my all time favorite bands within a few weeks of me actually listening to them. I wish I would have been into them when they came through with Dethklok :(.

But yeah, I'm stoked to hear some new material.

jd091
01-24-2011, 11:32 PM
*ahem*

:freak: EYES ALL AROUND YOU :freak:
:freak: ENTER THE LABYRINTH :freak:
:freak: VISIONS OF THE HUNTED :freak:
:freak: BEWARE THE BIRCHMAN :freak:

:shred:

Yes. Great song, great album. I want more Blood Mountain.