PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: BTBAM will sign to... Sumerian?

jd091
01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Sumerian Records Facebook page updated earlier today with the message that they will announce two big surprise bands signing to their label. One of which is "one of the most incredible progressive metal bands on the planet right now".

By no means does this mean Between the Buried and Me is it, but do you guys know of a band more likely to fit that description AND sign to a label like Sumerian?

Hmmm...

Link: http://www.facebook.com/SumerianRecords?m2w

DethMaiden
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Well, all of those kids want to be BTBAM, so I wouldn't be shocked. Not exactly a step up from Victory...

jd091
01-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Well, all of those kids want to be BTBAM, so I wouldn't be shocked. Not exactly a step up from Victory...

Well, except for perhaps The Faceless, a lot of bands on Sumerian are emulating some facet of the BTBAM sound. I would also say Sumerian is becoming way more popular every day, much more than the rate of Victory.

If they did get added it would add a TON more credibility to the label, making up for the shit like Asking Alexandria and I See Stars. The Faceless will always be my favorite Sumerian band, unless fucking Opeth themselves signed.

mankvill
01-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Would way rather have them on Victory.

BTBAM/Pathology tour :tongue:

jd091
01-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Would way rather have them on Victory.

BTBAM/Pathology tour :tongue:

I saw Pathology like, 4 times in a month last november...

slapguitarer
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Maybe we'd get a BTBAM/Periphery tour. I'd like that.

MPF
01-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Anything is better then that shitfuck company Victory.

I mean come on, BTBAM, The Faceless, Periphery, After The Burial. You try telling me that wouldn't be one of the best tours of Newer Metal bands.

EDIT*

When reading the comments some people bring up a great point. Giles is on Metal Blade, and the ORBS project Dan was apart of says that he appears courtesy of Metal Blade Records....Something to think about.

AnataFan4Life
01-23-2011, 09:12 PM
BTBAM and The Faceless have toured together before, so it would make sense.

mankvill
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Periphery

barf

MPF
01-23-2011, 09:21 PM
barf

Haha, you don't like a great band.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mankvill
01-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Haha, you don't like a great band.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard lots of good things about them and I heard a song by them (it might be real new?) that had "Jetpack" in the title.

And it sounded terrible. D:

MPF
01-23-2011, 09:34 PM
I've heard lots of good things about them and I heard a song by them (it might be real new?) that had "Jetpack" in the title.

Jetpacks Was Yes! *Named after a website from the show Arrested Development* There's also a new version of the song for the music video that adds at least 30 seconds to the original. Icarus Lives! was their first single, Jetpacks Was Yes! is their second. So to follow in Hard Rock/Metal cliches, they put the softest song on the album as their 2nd single.

If you are a metal fan and that's the first song you hear from them you won't like them.

Try Letter Experiment, Light, Insomnia, The Walk, or Buttersnips. Those are my favorites off the album. Racecar is as well but it's 15 minutes so if you don't Periphery for 5 minutes, you won't dig them for 15 minutes.

slapguitarer
01-23-2011, 09:34 PM

Well, my favorites are Icarus Lives! and Buttersnips. You should check those out, unless the reason you don't like them is their singer. Then don't waste your time.

mankvill
01-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Jetpacks Was Yes! *Named after a website from the show Arrested Development* There's also a new version of the song for the music video that adds at least 30 seconds to the original. Icarus Lives! was their first single, Jetpacks Was Yes! is their second. So to follow in Hard Rock/Metal cliches, they put the softest song on the album as their 2nd single.

If you are a metal fan and that's the first song you hear from them you won't like them.

Try Letter Experiment, Light, Insomnia, The Walk, or Buttersnips. Those are my favorites off the album. Racecar is as well but it's 15 minutes so if you don't Periphery for 5 minutes, you won't dig them for 15 minutes.

I will check them out! They really sounded like a rock band I'd hear on our rock station here. Nothing special. BUT I will try some of those songs.

MPF
01-23-2011, 09:39 PM
I will check them out! They really sounded like a rock band I'd hear on our rock station here. Nothing special. BUT I will try some of those songs.

If you want the heaviest go for The Walk or Insomnia. The rest are Heavy but melodic. Not as Melodic as Jetpacks, but the hit the spot for me.

idrinkwine732
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I saw them back when they had that other dude as a vocalist and I thought they were really good. But then this new guy comes in and I'm all like "boooooooooooooooo:

MPF
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I saw them back when they had that other dude as a vocalist and I thought they were really good.

Check out Haunted Shores. That's his new band. It's what Periphery would have sounded like if he didn't leave.

jd091
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM

MAKVILL:

"Jetpacks Was Yes" sucks as a song. Its too melodic, not heavy, and I hate it. However, Periphery has some other great stuff.

Listen to "Frak the Gods":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gx8Awk-1TM

It's an instrumental demo that they did, which is gonna be a new song with vocals and everything on their new album. I think we can all agree that that opening riff is very much :rocker:

MPF
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
MAKVILL:

"Jetpacks Was Yes" sucks as a song. Its too melodic, not heavy, and I hate it. However, Periphery has some other great stuff.

It's an instrumental demo that they did, which is gonna be a new song with vocals and everything on their new album. I think we can all agree that that opening riff is very much :rocker:

I wouldn't go that far. I actually dig Jetpacks Was Yes a lot. Then again I like Melody. Not everything needs to be Heavy and Brutal. I consider them more of a Progressive Metal band more then anything. Djent is such a shitty term.

daimonos
01-23-2011, 10:51 PM
barf

thank you.

jd091
01-23-2011, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't go that far. I actually dig Jetpacks Was Yes a lot. Then again I like Melody. Not everything needs to be Heavy and Brutal. I consider them more of a Progressive Metal band more then anything. Djent is such a shitty term.

Fair enough :cool:

jhdeity
01-24-2011, 07:51 AM
MAKVILL:

Bad ass!

mankvill
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
MAKVILL

Who? :D

mankvill
01-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Hmm. There's some parts of that songs I like, but maybe I just don't like the djent sound overall. It sounds too downtuned/chuggy for my tastes most of the time. Almost kind of too breakdown-y too. It sounds very nu-metalish.

mastodon421
01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Sumerian is a big step up from Victory, good for BTBAM.

Statutory-Mike
01-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm indifferent about this. There are some fantastic bands on this label, and some lackluster ones. I'm leaning more towards happy about this since they got off victory though.

jd091
01-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm indifferent about this. There are some fantastic bands on this label, and some lackluster ones. I'm leaning more towards happy about this since they got off victory though.

The Faceless are on it, that's all that matters!

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I wonder what Sumerian bands will do Summer Slaughter this year. They always have a couple who are on it.

jd091
01-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Conducting From the Grave, maybe, and hopefully The Faveless again. After the Burial might be on it too, which I would highly enjoy, but I'm pretty sure they're pushing to get on warped tour instead.

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Conducting From the Grave, maybe, and hopefully The Faveless again. After the Burial might be on it too, which I would highly enjoy, but I'm pretty sure they're pushing to get on warped tour instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Faceless came back. They are basically Summer Slaughter's tour whore, but at least it's an awesome band that they're reusing so much.

mastodon421
01-26-2011, 01:17 PM
I wonder what Sumerian bands will do Summer Slaughter this year. They always have a couple who are on it.

I would guess After The Burial and The Faceless, If BTBAM signs with them I wouldn't be surprised if they played.

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 01:28 PM
If BTBAM played they would have to headline. Otherwise they would end up like Vital Remains and only get to play 3 songs.

mastodon421
01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
If BTBAM played they would have to headline. Otherwise they would end up like Vital Remains and only get to play 3 songs.

That or the 2nd spot that The Faceless had last year.

MPF
01-26-2011, 01:34 PM

For BTBAM, that could be a headlining set.

Colors plus one other song.