PDA

View Full Version : "The Dark Knight Rises" casting news

powerslave_85
01-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Tom Hardy will play Bane, and Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kyle (no mention of Catwoman). Confirmed by Warner Bros. and Nolan himself.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/01/19/batman-hathaway-catwoman-hardy-bane-dark-knight-rises

DethMaiden
01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Tom Hardy as Bane is a big win. I'll have to be convinced about Hathaway.

JGL as Riddler would put both of these to shame, though. :( I'm also a big fan of my friend's long-held suggestion that Jack Black as the Penguin would rule. No rumors supporting it or anything, but I think it's a very good idea.

Natrlhi
01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
I'll have to be convinced about Hathaway. I would tend to agree, but there's something about that cat suit that could turn any woman into Eartha Kitt. Hell, it even made Michelle Pfieffer appear hot as balls. :D

JGL as Riddler would put both of these to shame, though.Maybe. I love the movies he's been in more than JGL himself, but he's no slouch. Black as the Penguin might be pretty cool, though. Too bad that's not an actual rumor with some truth to it.

powerslave_85
01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
I've never seen any of her movies, but from what I've heard Anne Hathaway is a good actress. Didn't she get an Oscar nod for Rachel Getting Married?

DethMaiden
01-19-2011, 09:59 AM
I've never seen any of her movies, but from what I've heard Anne Hathaway is a good actress. Didn't she get an Oscar nod for Rachel Getting Married?

Yeah, she did.

And she's unbelievably hot.

ravenheart
01-19-2011, 10:03 AM
JGL as Riddler would put both of these to shame, though. :( I'm also a big fan of my friend's long-held suggestion that Jack Black as the Penguin would rule. No rumors supporting it or anything, but I think it's a very good idea.

Do you mean Joseph Gordon-Levitt? Not sure he'd out-do Hardy... although I'd prefer Hardy in a more demanding role.

I'd be tempted to go a little more left-field for Riddler. Someone like Michael Eklund.

Natrlhi
01-19-2011, 10:13 AM
I've never seen any of her movies, but from what I've heard Anne Hathaway is a good actress. Didn't she get an Oscar nod for Rachel Getting Married?Her performance that year was excellent, but she was up against some pretty awesome competition as well. Personally, I would have picked Meryl Streep over Kate Winslet for that year, but what do I know? Melissa Leo's and Angelina Jolie's performances were very good that year, too (especially the former).

mankvill
01-19-2011, 12:11 PM
He said he's only doing three Batman movies, right?

Last scene

BACKBREAKER

Fade to black

Div
01-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Meh. The riddler is a very interesting character, but Bane was always very one-dimensional to me. Just a pro-wrestler on a roid rage. Yea, he could easily squeeze batman like an orange, but hes so dumb that there was never a time i thought "oh no, he might actually beat batman" because batman can easily outsmart him 100x over. even if he gets batman in a choke hold you might think "oh well hes fucked now" but hes got those stupid tubes coming out of his back that make such an obvious weak spot... batman needs to fight more challenging enemies to keep these movies from getting stale.

powerslave_85
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
He said he's only doing three Batman movies, right?

Last scene

BACKBREAKER

Fade to black
I was thinking the same thing, actually.

mastodon421
01-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Solid casting, Hatheway is a good actress, you should do fine in that role. Tom Hardy is a great choice as well. I am quite excited.

ravenheart
01-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Tom Hardy is a great choice as well. I am quite excited.

Yeah, but for such a dumb role? Maybe Nolan is planning on doing something a lot cleverer with the Bane character...

Div
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Yeah, but for such a dumb role? Maybe Nolan is planning on doing something a lot cleverer with the Bane character...

that would be cool, but hopefully its something more than just a "jekyll & hyde" ripoff

JuuKun
01-20-2011, 03:42 PM
but Bane was always very one-dimensional to me. Just a pro-wrestler on a roid rage. Yea, he could easily squeeze batman like an orange, but hes so dumb that there was never a time i thought "oh no, he might actually beat batman" because batman can easily outsmart him 100x over.

Have you read the comics? The Bane in Batman & Robin was a total bastardization of the character. He's as smart as he is big in the comics, not just the roid raged freak that Schumacher's movie portrayed him as. In Knightfall, he realized it'd be foolish just to attack Batman head on - so he destroys the walls of Arkham Asylum, letting everybody out so that Batman would then spend months trying to round everybody else to the point of total exhaustion. He figured out that Batman was Bruce Wayne on his own (I believe it was just from the way that Bruce walked, but it's been awhile), and then when Batman had finally rounded everyone up, Bane broke his back and put him out of commission for awhile.

I was hoping that Nolan would do Bane, but after Batman & Robin I was worried he wouldn't.

There's supposed to be two lead female roles in the film, and the big rumor I'm seeing is that the other one is Eva Green playing Talia al Ghul. I'd love to see that.

DethMaiden
01-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah, Bane done well can be done VERY well. He's a genius and a brute. Deduced Batman's identity and broke his back in the same arc. Nolan would be a fool not to play up that aspect.

evildeadjedi
01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Have you read the comics? The Bane in Batman & Robin was a total bastardization of the character. He's as smart as he is big in the comics, not just the roid raged freak that Schumacher's movie portrayed him as. In Knightfall, he realized it'd be foolish just to attack Batman head on - so he destroys the walls of Arkham Asylum, letting everybody out so that Batman would then spend months trying to round everybody else to the point of total exhaustion. He figured out that Batman was Bruce Wayne on his own (I believe it was just from the way that Bruce walked, but it's been awhile), and then when Batman had finally rounded everyone up, Bane broke his back and put him out of commission for awhile.

I was hoping that Nolan would do Bane, but after Batman & Robin I was worried he wouldn't.

There's supposed to be two lead female roles in the film, and the big rumor I'm seeing is that the other one is Eva Green playing Talia al Ghul. I'd love to see that.

Exactly! Bane in B&R vs Bane in Knightfall is like night and day. Nolan will do Bane justice there is no doubt in my mind. If the other female is not Talia al Ghul I would like to see Harley Quinn.

ravenheart
01-21-2011, 01:39 AM
I had heard the Talia Al Ghul rumour too, although not that it would be Eva Green. Shouldn't it be someone younger?

Div
01-21-2011, 07:26 AM

havent read the comics, but ive also seen his character in the cartoon shows and the arkham asylum game.

ravenheart
02-06-2011, 07:58 AM
According to new comments from Nolan, there will be no Riddler or Penguin in this film. Thankfully also no CG Joker.

And it will be the last one. Properly concluding the story.

Also planning to shoot much more of it with IMAX cameras.

mastodon421
02-06-2011, 09:43 AM
According to new comments from Nolan, there will be no Riddler or Penguin in this film. Thankfully also no CG Joker.

And it will be the last one. Properly concluding the story.

Also planning to shoot much more of it with IMAX cameras.

It's the last one Nolan is doing, Warner Brothers is devloping another one so there will most likely be another Batman movie following this.

ravenheart
02-06-2011, 10:23 AM
It's the last one Nolan is doing, Warner Brothers is devloping another one so there will most likely be another Batman movie following this.

Bad idea.

DethMaiden
02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Bad idea.

Eh, I'm okay with it. It's not like anyone thinks the Nolan films are just entries in the series that Burton started, or that Burton's films were a continuation of the Adam West stuff. It's not they're ever going to stop making movies about one of the most beloved characters in Western pop culture. Nolan's will likely go down as the best, but that doesn't mean they have to be the only.

ravenheart
02-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Still a bad idea. Unless Nolan makes a colossal howler with this next one, which I think we know he won't, following them with anything is going to be a failure.

They would be better off making something about the other characters we didn't see in Nolan's series, and tie those in to his.

TonyD
02-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Still a bad idea. Unless Nolan makes a colossal howler with this next one, which I think we know he won't, following them with anything is going to be a failure.

They would be better off making something about the other characters we didn't see in Nolan's series, and tie those in to his.

Implying that movies are made based on quality instead of capitalism :lol:
And I heard somewhere that JGL was gonna be in this.

ravenheart
02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Implying that movies are made based on quality instead of capitalism :lol:

Oh I know they're going to do it. It's just a bad idea. Like 95% of all movie making.

BloodoftheKings
03-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Juno Temple is confirmed to have a role in the film.

TonyD
03-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Wikipedia lists that as "homeless girl"

brutal_descent
03-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Bane - my favorite Batman villain.
Tom Hardy, do him justice!

PS - Want to see some back breaking ;)

adamclark52
03-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Hathaway could surprise us. Just remember your first thoughts when you heard Heath Ledger was playing the Joker, and how did that turn out?

JuuKun
03-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Alberto Falcone/Holiday.

Could be interesting.

Holding out hope for Talia to come in and bring it full circle from Batman Begins with the League of Shadows. Maybe with Bane at her side? He was a member at one point in the comics and Ra's tried to hook the two of them up, IIRC.

I'm not doubting Hathaway as Catwoman, I'm actually pretty interested. What I don't want, is I don't want to see her as a villain. I've always liked Catwoman better as a sort of antihero than a villain.

powerslave_85
03-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Now Entertainment Weekly is saying that JG-L is still in it, but is NOT playing Falcone.

BloodoftheKings
05-20-2011, 08:12 PM
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/116/1169616/hardy-bane-1st-look_1305910729_640w.jpg
Bane

JuuKun
06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Not new, but not mentioned in the thread yet:

Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member. I suspect that this is actually Talia al Ghul. No real evidence, just a hunch, with everyone saying that this one has a lot of ties with Batman Begins.

Been a bunch of others cast in presumably small roles. Alon Aboutboul is playing a 'mad scientist' that many are guessing is Hugo Strange, but who knows. Matthew Modine as someone named Nixon. Brett Cullen as a judge, Chris Ellis as a priest. Tom Conti, Joey King, Daniel Sunjata, Burn Gorman, and Diego Klattenhoff are all unnamed as far as I know. If they go the Knightfall route where Bane busts open Arkham, maybe we'll get some small villain cameos in the vein of Mr. Zsasz in Batman Begins. So long as they don't actually take away from the film (and I don't think Nolan would do it if it did), I'd be fine with that.

Also, this may or may not count as spoilers:
Josh Pence cast as a young Ra's al Ghul, presumably in flashbacks.

And this DEFINITELY does. Proceed at your own risk, I almost wish I hadn't seen this:
Liam Neeson has been spotted filming scenes as well. Though it doesn't fit in with the Nolanverse, there were pictures a couple weeks ago of what might have been a Lazarus Pit

jhdeity
06-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Maggie Gylenhall was so terrible in Dark Knight that I actually have little interest in ever watching it again. She virtually ruined that movie for me and that rarely ever happens to me. She just didn't fit the role and I didn't believe for 1 second that ANY 2 guys would be fighting over her let alone those 2. Some of her scenes were actually painful to watch because Bale was constantly overacting and she was worthless. I know people love that movie but I think it was one of the most overrated movies I've seen since Titanic. I just didn't drink the kool-aid and take the pencil trick out and I bet the hype would have been half of what it as.

That being said I think Anne Hathaway might really pull off Catwoman and I'm a hige fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and think he should fit well. Same with Tom Hardy as Bane. I'm betting this one is the best of the bunch.

TonyD
06-16-2011, 12:20 PM
I know people love that movie but I think it was one of the most overrated movies I've seen since Titanic. I just didn't drink the kool-aid and take the pencil trick out and I bet the hype would have been half of what it as.

:rolleyes:

JRA
06-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Maggie Gylenhall was so terrible in Dark Knight that I actually have little interest in ever watching it again. She virtually ruined that movie for me and that rarely ever happens to me. She just didn't fit the role and I didn't believe for 1 second that ANY 2 guys would be fighting over her let alone those 2. Some of her scenes were actually painful to watch because Bale was constantly overacting and she was worthless. I know people love that movie but I think it was one of the most overrated movies I've seen since Titanic. I just didn't drink the kool-aid and take the pencil trick out and I bet the hype would have been half of what it as.

This is just goddamn ridiculous. I will say that I have heard other people complain about Maggie being a weakness in the film so I can kind of understand that, but you could take the pencil trick out and still have that magnificent third act where Joker made that hostages look like the terrorists. Holy shit that was terrifying.

Bale overacting? Ok, so the voice is really obnoxious but overacting? Negro please.:tp:

DethMaiden
06-16-2011, 10:29 PM

That being said I think Anne Hathaway might really pull off Catwoman and I'm a hige fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and think he should fit well. Same with Tom Hardy as Bane. I'm betting this one is the best of the bunch.

This is all kind of dumb. Did you hate Forgetting Sarah Marshall because Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell wouldn't really fight over Jason Segel?

powerslave_85
06-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I've noticed a lot of backlash against The Dark Knight in the last year or so. I guess it's been long enough that people feel like they can start acting like they hated it.

ravenheart
06-18-2011, 05:55 AM
I've noticed a lot of backlash against The Dark Knight in the last year or so. I guess it's been long enough that people feel like they can start acting like they hated it.

Going against unanimously praised things is cool. Never forget that.

TonyD
06-20-2011, 08:18 PM

So much truth in this post

Wrathchild_84
06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
I myself would have preferred to see Benicio Del Toro cast to play Bane. I just can't picture a tiny English guy playing a big ass Hispanic guy.

Dextrimental
06-20-2011, 10:12 PM
I myself would have preferred to see Benicio Del Toro cast to play Bane. I just can't picture a tiny English guy playing a big ass Hispanic guy.

Tom Hardy is not a small dude I can tell you that much!

Wrathchild_84
06-21-2011, 06:03 AM
Tom Hardy is not a small dude I can tell you that much!

He looked pretty small in Star Trek.

Dextrimental
06-21-2011, 04:13 PM
He looked pretty small in Star Trek.

Look up Inception and Bronson!

jhdeity
06-22-2011, 07:18 AM
I stand by my comments 100%. People can be sheep or fanboys and not see the big picture and this was totally the case with this movie.

When a movie is hyped to that degree and people pay their $20 to see the movie they always seem to say how great it was so they don't look like idiots. In this case the praise for Ledger was legendary. You guys are on facebook and whatever. It was a constant barrage of "best acting ever" type posts and when I saw the movie a week later I was shocked. It simply wasn't anywhere near as good as people said and like I said take the pencil trick out and Ledger was still great but all the swarms of praise? I think not.

And yes Bale was trying to upstage Ledger and overacted most of the movie. The party scene was just godawful. Between Bale and Gylenhall the entire thing should have been rewritten and reshot. Watch it again and tell me I'm not right.

powerslave_85
06-22-2011, 07:41 AM
I don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about when you say Bale is "overacting." His Bruce Wayne is pretty understated, if anything. I think he's certainly the best (live-action) Batman. I never had a problem with Gyllenhaal either; she was better than Katie Holmes at any rate.

If the movie has a flaw, it's that the pacing drags a bit in the second half and it ends up being a bit too long, but other than that I can't come up with any major criticisms. It's not only a great superhero movie, but a great crime movie as well. Get rid of the costumes and it would still be an excellent film.

jhdeity
06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
I don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about when you say Bale is "overacting." His Bruce Wayne is pretty understated, if anything. I think he's certainly the best (live-action) Batman. I never had a problem with Gyllenhaal either; she was better than Katie Holmes at any rate.

If the movie has a flaw, it's that the pacing drags a bit in the second half and it ends up being a bit too long, but other than that I can't come up with any major criticisms. It's not only a great superhero movie, but a great crime movie as well. Get rid of the costumes and it would still be an excellent film.

The biggest problem I had with Bale would be his cadence. It was just so over the top and robotic at times. I'm a huge Christian Bale fan but his performance in that movie was forced and like I said he simply overacted. It wasn't believeable to me and scenes with he and Gylenhall were terriblly acted and drawn out. he had his moments but it seemed like MG brought out the worst in him.

We all have opinions though. I think No Country For Old Men is one of the 10 best movies ever made. That movie said more with 2 minutes of silence than most movies can say in 30 min of dialect. I know people who think it was terrible and loved The Dark Knight and while I think they're total idiots I can understand why. I liked Batman Begins slightly better than The Dark Knight because I believed it. I drank the kool-aid and it wasn't a total overhype machine. if you believed the hype TDK was twice as good as BB and there's no way that's true.

JuuKun
06-24-2011, 08:07 AM
The biggest problem I had with Bale would be his cadence. It was just so over the top and robotic at times. I'm a huge Christian Bale fan but his performance in that movie was forced and like I said he simply overacted. It wasn't believeable to me and scenes with he and Gylenhall were terriblly acted and drawn out. he had his moments but it seemed like MG brought out the worst in him.

We all have opinions though. I think No Country For Old Men is one of the 10 best movies ever made. That movie said more with 2 minutes of silence than most movies can say in 30 min of dialect. I know people who think it was terrible and loved The Dark Knight and while I think they're total idiots I can understand why. I liked Batman Begins slightly better than The Dark Knight because I believed it. I drank the kool-aid and it wasn't a total overhype machine. if you believed the hype TDK was twice as good as BB and there's no way that's true.

Except by matter of opinion, of course. :tp:

I've always liked Batman Begins more than Dark Knight, but that has to do a lot with Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul. Seeing Ra's finally make it to the big screen made that film for me, especially done by one of my favorite actors. I've never had much of a problem with Dark Knight, just always felt like the flow of Batman Begins was better, more cohesive. Like powerslave said, there's a small pacing issue in the second half, but I never felt like BB dragged for a second.

Never really considered it overacting, but I know exactly what you're talking about when you say you have problems with Bale's cadence. The way he talked as Bruce Wayne definitely evolved in TDK. Probably meant to be just a bit more high-class and refined, but ended up a bit over the top. Not a big distraction for me, though. And I don't know how you think the pencil trick equals all the acting praise for Ledger. Fact of the matter is, no one ever thought he was going to be good as the Joker, never mind as great as he ended up being. If he hadn't died, he wouldn't have received quite as much hype (plus, remember, atleast at the time of his death there was a lot of rumors and speculation initially that he had intentionally OD'd due to the dark places he had stuck his head in by immersing himself in the Joker role) but it still would have been there. The pencil trick was a fun little gag, and I know a lot of people liked it, but I don't think many, if any at all, were so crazy about TDK when it came out all due to a fifteen second magic trick.

Natrlhi
06-24-2011, 08:18 AM
EVERYTHING SLAYER DID AFTER SOUTH OF HEAVEN WAS PURE GARBAGE

LAXdef16
07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Here's a teaser trailer for the film that will premier before the Deathly Hallows part 2 http://www.wat.tv/video/the-da​rk-knight-rises-teaser-3wcs5_3​wcs1_.html :party:

TonyD
07-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Here's a teaser trailer for the film that will premier before the Deathly Hallows part 2 http://www.wat.tv/video/the-da​rk-knight-rises-teaser-3wcs5_3​wcs1_.html :party:

Erreur 404

Désolé, la page que vous recherchez n'existe pas

Edit: found it somewhere else, glad I'm not going to see Harry Potter to see it
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00042084.html

TonyD
12-22-2011, 12:45 AM
New trailer is insane

adamclark52
12-22-2011, 09:34 AM
It is pretty intense. I can't see it toping the last one but who knows. Anne Hathaway still doesn't have me convinced since I've pretty much hated her in everything I've ever seen her in. The scene with Hines Ward running for a touchdown oblivious to the field caving in behind him was pretty awesome. And I've always liked that guy from 30 Rock to the Sun even though I can never remember his name.

llama lom
12-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Anne Hathaway is going to have to do a lot to convince me that she's a better Catwoman than Michelle Pfeiffer (which is impossible).

TonyD
12-22-2011, 10:54 AM
that guy from 30 Rock to the Sun

:lol:

adamclark52
12-23-2011, 09:35 AM
:lol:

I realized what I'd typed there about an hour later when I was driving to work.

adamclark52
12-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Anne Hathaway is going to have to do a lot to convince me that she's a better Catwoman than Michelle Pfeiffer (which is impossible).

I thought the same thing when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker (I'm talking compared to Jack Nicholson's role).

But still...Anna Hathaway...the last thing I saw her in was when I took my wife to see Valentines Day...I'll never get over that.

MetalIsArt
01-19-2012, 09:19 AM
That was of course an extremely crappy movie, not Anne's mistake.

Besides, as much as I ADORE Michelle, she has played in bad movies too. And her Catwoman is the only good point about BR anyway, IMHO.

I hate that movie with a passion.

HandOfDoom
01-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I, for the most part liked Penguin, though he got on my nerves sometimes, oh and Christopher Walken :cool:

MetalIsArt
01-20-2012, 12:30 AM
I, for the most part liked Penguin, though he got on my nerves sometimes, oh and Christopher Walken :cool:

Walken was not too bad indeed. But now I've been too kind for this piece of sh*t. ;)

MetalIsArt
01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/6ghds6.jpg

;)

MetalIsArt
01-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Come on fellas, she's waiting. :allan:

ravenheart
01-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Walken was not too bad indeed. But now I've been too kind for this piece of sh*t. ;)

Batman Returns was great. What's wrong with you?

MetalIsArt
01-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Batman Returns was great. What's wrong with you?

No.

It's an over the top Tim Burton Crapfest with Batman as some kind of puppet. Michelle is always hot & Walken is cool, but that's it.

There's still some black blood on my clothes.