PDA

View Full Version : Fair To Midland, Periphery, Scale The Summit North American Tour

MPF
01-17-2011, 10:28 AM
3/3 Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live
3/4 Dallas, TX @ Trees
3/5 Austin, TX @ Emo's Inside
3/6 Lubbock, TX @ Jake's Sports Cafe
3/8 Mesa, AZ @ The Underground
3/9 Victorville, CA @ VVEC
3/11 West Hollywood, CA @ Whisky A Go-Go
3/12 Bakersfield, CA @ Jerry's Pizza
3/13 Sacramento, CA @ Aces of Spades
3/15 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
3/16 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
3/17 Spokane, WA @ The A Club
3/18 Boise, ID @ The Venue
3/20 Colorado Springs, CO @ Black Sheep
3/21 Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
3/23 Cedar Falls, IA @ The Wheelhouse
3/24 St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
3/25 Flint, MI @ The Machine Shop
3/26 Madison, WI @ The Annex
3/28 Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
3/29 Toronto, ON @ Mod Club
3/30 Pittsburgh, PA @ Smiling Moose
4/1 Hartford, CT @ The Webster Underground
4/2 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
4/3 Philadelphia, PA @ The Barbary
4/6 New York, NY @ Santos Party House
4/7 Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
4/8 Knoxville, TN @ The Cider House
4/9 Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
4/10 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
4/12 New Orleans, LA @ The Parish - House of Blues
4/13 Little Rock, AR @ Juanita's
4/14 Tulsa, OK @ The Marquee
4/15 Oklahoma City, OK @ The Conservatory

To those who think Fair To Midland isn't Metal, you've obviously only heard Dance Of The Manatee.

But fuck yeah! I knew the good tours were bound to start appearing this year!

ShatteredFlame
01-17-2011, 11:01 AM
wank fest :D

MPF
01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
wank fest :D

Being a Prog guy, that is in no way a problem. :D

Bergman101
01-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Holy baaaalls, I've been wanting to see Fair To Midland for like 2 years now and their touring with PERIPHERY and Scale The Summit! I'm sooo fucking there! :rocker::rocker:

jd091
01-17-2011, 11:32 AM
FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I've been wanting to see Scale the Summit for ages now! And Periphery! FUCK YES! I'm getting my tickets as soon as I'm done with classes tonight :drool::drool::drool:

MPF
01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Holy baaaalls, I've been wanting to see Fair To Midland for like 2 years now and their touring with PERIPHERY and Scale The Summit! I'm sooo fucking there! :rocker::rocker:

You're going to love Fair To Midland.

When I was them for the first time in 2008, I was kinda of fan, then a buddy of mine talked me into seeing them. They were doing this special 5 date tour. Texas and Minnesota were the only dates of the tour.

The last song they did was, obviously Dance of the Manatee, and during the entire song, Darroh jumped up on the rafter s and sang the song upside down. :rocker: That's as Metal as it gets. Darroh also adds a lot of the low deep growls to the songs.

*For those who only know Dance Of The Manatee, the part after the 2nd verse where the growls come in, that's what I'm talking about*

Anyways, I left that show knowing Fair To Midland became my new favorite live band.

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I've been wanting to see Scale the Summit for ages now! And Periphery! FUCK YES! I'm getting my tickets as soon as I'm done with classes tonight :drool::drool::drool:

It's not officially out yet. But the dates are coming out officially out tomorrow, but they've been leaked as of two hours ago.

slapguitarer
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
:party:This is so much better than the last tour Periphery was on.:party:

MPF
01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
:party:This is so much better than the last tour Periphery was on.:party:

I couldn't agree more. Although on their last tour they did do one show with Devin Townsend.

idrinkwine732
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
I really really wanna see Scale the Summit, but FTM and Periphery are not enough to get me to go out to Sacramento.

RAZOR
01-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Ooh, I might go.

MPF
01-17-2011, 04:30 PM
To anybody on the fence about going....tickets are $11 bucks here in Minneosta!

Yeah, there's no longer an excuse not to go with tickets that cheap.

jd091
01-17-2011, 10:22 PM
To anybody on the fence about going....tickets are $11 bucks here in Minneosta!

Yeah, there's no longer an excuse not to go with tickets that cheap.

:party:

I just really want to meet Chris Letchford from STS. That guy is such a great guitarist, and his instructional book is awesome. Can't wait to hear the new album coming out this year sometime :rocker:

MPF
01-17-2011, 10:25 PM

I just really want to meet Chris Letchford from STS. That guy is such a great guitarist, and his instructional book is awesome. Can't wait to hear the new album coming out this year sometime :rocker:

Chris is a really cool guy. I got to meet STS at Progressive Nation 2009, I didn't get to say much to him, but I told him how phenomenal of a guitarist he is, and he was so modest about it. Really cool guy.

Fires Of Sedition
01-17-2011, 11:39 PM
I've never listened to any of these bands, where's a good place to start?

MPF
01-18-2011, 01:36 AM

Fair To Midland- Fables from a Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times Is True; The Carbon Silver Lining

Periphery- Periphery

Scale The Summit- Carving Desert Canyons, Monument

mastodon421
01-18-2011, 05:18 AM

He's a really cool dude, I met most of the band after I saw them open for Between The Buried and Me, great group of dudes.

jd091
01-18-2011, 10:52 AM

I don't know much about Fair to Midland, Periphery's only got 1 album out right now but have put out a on of demos in the past (look up "Frak the Gods"), and listen to "Carving Desert Canyons" by Scale the Summit. Thir first album, "Monument", wasn't awful, bit the songwriting was all over the place due to all the guitar wankage and muddy tones. CDC was an incredibly solid album once they focused their sounds and songwriting together. They're instrumental if you didn't know by now. Listen to te song "The Great Plains"; it's got some crazy impressive riffs and tapping near the end. I'd also recommend "Giants" or "Glacial Planet", but in all honesty there is not a bad song on that album. I can't recommend it enough.

jd091
01-18-2011, 11:14 PM
It turns out my good friend is a huge Fair to Midland fan and has been waiting to see them for years! Hopefully he can make it to the concert. Sounds good, 'cause I was just gonna go for Periphery and STS.

Statutory-Mike
01-19-2011, 08:30 AM
NYC! This should be a pretty good show for guitar and gear heads like myself :party:

Fires Of Sedition
01-19-2011, 11:16 AM
I like Periphery quite a bit. Sounds like the clean vocals will take some getting used to, though.

Scale The Summit sounds like a good band to sit back and relax to. They're really talented.

Don't like Fair To Midland's vocals.

jd091
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I like Periphery quite a bit. Sounds like the clean vocals will take some getting used to, though.

Scale The Summit sounds like a good band to sit back and relax to. They're really talented.

Don't like Fair To Midland's vocals.

Yeah, the clean Periphery vocals are hard to get used to. They did a pretty good cover of New Millenium Cyanide Christ in one of their demos, which pretty much solidifies my faith in them.

STS is the the greatest chill-out music, ever. I'll just close my eyes, and their music kind of takes me on a journey, like I'm flying through giant canyons and vast mountains... I believe they refer to it as "adventure metal".