PDA

View Full Version : Saigon Kick has reunited!

Travis The Dragon
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
The reunited SAIGON KICK will play its first show in 18 years tonight at Howl at the Moon at Universal CityWalk in Universal City, California. Doors open at 9:00 p.m. Also appearing on the bill is VAINS OF JENNA.

Commented drummer Phil Varone: "We haven't played together in 18 years and you'll get an ear-drum tickling tonight.

"If you don't have my Playgirl magazine, get one tonight signed!!! Watch as the marker runs dry trying to sign my dong."

SAIGON KICK's current lineup features Phil Varone, Matt Kramer (vocals), Jason Bieler (guitar) and Chris McLernon (bass).

Varone is featured on the cover of the December 2010 issue of Playgirl magazine. He was also one of eight patients featured on the "Celebrity Rehab" spin-off series "Sex Rehab With Dr. Drew".SOURCE (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152260)

:party: This is GREAT news for sure! Let's hope for a full tour.

MPF
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Eddie Tunk must be going insane with joy right now.

That is really cool though, they are one of the better underrated bands of their era. But at the same time it's really sad because Phil is now a reality star that Saigon Kick even stands a chance of playing live again.

Travis The Dragon
01-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Must not be too many SK fans on here.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
01-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Must not be too many SK fans on here.

ya think?

converge241
01-17-2011, 06:02 AM
This is awesome, i love them last saw them @ The Station in RI :(

illuminatus917
01-20-2011, 01:45 PM
I wish they'd do a tour and play The Lizard in full.

Natrlhi
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Must not be too many SK fans.Fixed.

converge241
01-21-2011, 09:53 AM
I wish they'd do a tour and play The Lizard in full.

Thad be cool, id rather hear the self titled a little more though.

When I last saw them with Erik back (@ Station) they just played stuff off the 1st two.

One other time I saw them before was @ The Rat in Boston before it closed. For those that live up here, or know about that club, thats obviously not a proper venue/band match LOL I saw many shows there but man that was interesting. A Skinhead try to jump Jason on the stage and he got his ass handed to him by Jason.

I did a little promotional work form them during the Devil in the Details era as well, nicest bunch of guys.