PDA

View Full Version : New Burzum Album "Fallen" Out In July?

mankvill
01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.asp?ex=fitem&verb=F&target=BYE008CD

http://www.plastichead.com/cat_images/medium/BYE008CD.jpg

Fallen is the 9th studio album from Burzum, and follows the highly critically acclaimed 2010 release Belus which put Burzum straight back at the at the top of the chain as of one of the most innovative and creative metal artists of our time. Fallen follows Belus in sound and structure, and can also be compared to the music on the groundbreaking DET SOM ENGANG VAR. Fallen is more dynamic and hard hitting then Belus and has an even bigger sound, but still carries the same trademark melodic melody lines throughout that makes Burzum sound so iconic and unique.

Burzum says of the new album and his style of music:

"Musically FALLEN is like a cross between BELUS and something new, inspired more by the debut album DET SOM ENGANG VAR than by HVIS LYSET TAR OSS or FILOSOFEM. The sound is more dynamic we mastered the album as if it was classical music and I was more experimental than I was on BELUS in all respects. Lyric wise it is similar to the debut album, in the way that it is more personal and focuses on existential issues, but the mythological undertone known from BELUS is still there. I have also included some ambient tracks a short introduction and a longer conclusion."

I. Fra Verdenstreet
II. Jeg faller
III. Valen
IV. Vanvidd
V. Enhver til Sitt
VI. Budstikken
VII. Til Hel og tilbake igjen

*New Release* - available 7/3/2011

treghet
01-12-2011, 02:37 PM
... most innovative and creative metal artists of our time.

lol.

But I will definitely check this out. :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
01-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Good musician, terrible person. I can't look past that.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Good musician, terrible person. I can't look past that.

:nonono: n00b

BloodoftheKings
01-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I dont think the music is very good anyway but I cant support an arsonist/murderer.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
I dont think the music is very good anyway but I cant support an arsonist/murderer.

:nonono: :nonono: omg n00b!

MPF
01-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Burzum sucks as an artist and a person.

*Noob Sheilds bet shitty music and terrible people*

mankvill
01-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Burzum sucks as an artist and a person.

*Noob Sheilds bet shitty music and terrible people*

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: omg n00b McDuck!

christopher
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM

:lol:

MPF
01-12-2011, 04:26 PM

I prefer n00b Duckman

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=330243444520&id=cfae77dda5ad401e4c05ed5217b97743&index=ch1

Wizzbang11
01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Half the bands I listen to are probably pretty shitty people, just gotta accept that if you want to listen to good music.
No one gets to like melodic-death metal if they don't love Arghoslent, and if you take that bands political beliefs to heart they should hinder your enjoyment. Doesn't change the fact that they make beautiful music.

But Burzum sucks.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Half the bands I listen to are probably pretty shitty people, just gotta accept that if you want to listen to good music.
No one gets to like melodic-death metal if they don't love Arghoslent, and if you take that bands political beliefs to heart they should hinder your enjoyment. Doesn't change the fact that they make beautiful music.

But Burzum sucks.

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: omg n00b saibot

daimonos
01-12-2011, 05:40 PM
I think Burzum is great no matter how big a dickhole Varg can be.

makethemsuffer12
01-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Terrible musician, terrible person. I can't look past that.

Fixed.

ShatteredFlame
01-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh come on, most of what he has made is pretty decent. I never found his albums to be masterpieces but they are not bad all around.

ChildrenofSodom
01-12-2011, 06:33 PM
No one gets to like melodic-death metal if they don't love Arghoslent

wut?

Wizzbang11
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
wut?

Arghoslent epitomize everything good about melodic death metal and are easily the most consistent band in the genre. If you don't like them you are incorrect.

idrinkwine732
01-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Arghoslent epitomize everything good about melodic death metal and are easily the most consistent band in the genre. If you don't like them you are incorrect.

I dunno if they're quite "melodic death." Sure, they're a lot more melodic than most of their death metal kin, but it is not to be confused with the Gothenburg sound at all.

DethMaiden
01-12-2011, 06:42 PM
I dunno if they're quite "melodic death." Sure, they're a lot more melodic than most of their death metal kin, but it is not to be confused with the Gothenburg sound at all.

Yeah, I mean, I can totally see where someone would like Slaughter of the Soul but not like Hornets of the Pogrom, even if the latter is a melodic record. :lol:

brian
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM

you know how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares?

all that Gothenburg stuff is melodic death but not all melodic death jacks off to At the Gates.

Arghoslent is melodic death and one of the finest!

Wizzbang11
01-12-2011, 06:46 PM
They don't sound like In Flames or At the Gates, but if Amon Amarth count as melo-death Arghoslent should too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fxFRS4d9O0
That sog is melodic as fuck, as are 90% of their songs.

brian
01-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Anyone who claims to enjoy BM but doesn't like Burzum either:
a) doesn't like BM
b) is into 'BM' like Dimmu Borgir and Abigail Williams
c) has moral reasons to not listen to Varg's music
d) lacks any taste whatsoever

MPF
01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
a) doesn't like BM

gotta add:

e) doesn't want to listen to bad production...even for a BM album.

idrinkwine732
01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
you know how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares?

all that Gothenburg stuff is melodic death but not all melodic death jacks off to At the Gates.

Arghoslent is melodic death and one of the finest!

Well, that is totally true. With that said, most people who read the words "___________ are a melodic death metal band" will read "_____________ are influenced primarily by At the Gates, In Flames, Insomnium, etc."

If one goes into an Arghoslent listen with that mentality, they will feel misled. The modern definition of melodic death has become the Gothenburg sound.

JRA
01-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Well, that was fast. But I guess he has all this free time so...yea.

Wizzbang11
01-12-2011, 06:50 PM
b) is into 'BM' like Blasphemy, Bestial Warlust, Conqueror and Sarcofago

Yeah, pretty much.

DethMaiden
01-12-2011, 06:52 PM
a) doesn't like BM

herp ok

I like some Burzum but Varg is not the fucking revolutionary god that he gets the credit for.

brian
01-12-2011, 06:54 PM
herp ok

I like some Burzum but Varg is not the fucking revolutionary god that he gets the credit for.

Even if you DIDN'T like his music, that might be the most retarded thing I've said related to his music.

His first few albums changed the BM scene from a musical standpoint. Hundreds of copycats appeared! The atmosphere, production value, lyrical content...he's had a major influence on the genre. Possibly the most out of any single person ever. Dude's revolutionary as fuck.

JRA
01-12-2011, 06:56 PM
a) doesn't like BM

I do like black metal, but I've been on the fence with Burzum not because of any of the above reasons, but his vocals are the most annoying vocals I've ever heard in my life. It sounds like that kid from the video who got his WOW account cancelled by his mom and tried to shove a remote up his ass.

DethMaiden
01-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Even if you DIDN'T like his music, that might be the most retarded thing I've said related to his music.

His first few albums changed the BM scene from a musical standpoint. Hundreds of copycats appeared! The atmosphere, production value, lyrical content...he's had a major influence on the genre. Possibly the most out of any single person ever. Dude's revolutionary as fuck.

Listen to "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" again. ;)

JRA
01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Listen to "A Blaze in the Northern Sky" again. ;)

Not to mention the first three Bathory albums.

brian
01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
LOL, Bathory sounds nothing like Burzum

DethMaiden
01-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Hey, I didn't say they did.

I'm just saying, the black metal atmosphere, the long epics, the production, the image...it was all there on "Blaze." Burzum has moments of brilliance but he didn't totally invent what he's doing.

NecroRob
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM
LOL, Bathory sounds nothing like Burzum

:tp:

brian
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Blaze and the Burzum s/t came out within like 10 days of each other...

I'd argue that they present different sorts of atmospheres but of course that's totally subjective, haha. The production is also different and the image certainly is...Darkthrone's was more 'cartoonish'.

Even if you don't like his music (which is totally cool, my comment earlier was obviously tongue in cheek, kinda funny that it worked people up) you can't deny his influence at all. Those first few records completely changed and influenced the BM scene.

What single person has had more influence on BM than Varg?

brian
01-12-2011, 07:12 PM
:tp:

It really doesn't, those first few Bathory albums were much faster, less focused on trance-inducing atmospheres, more of a 'riff-fest' type deal. Killer albums but not much in common.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
everyone listen to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Filosofem and shut up

elturtleboy
01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
everyone listen to everythings Burzum's put out and shut up

FIXED:rocker:
im backin ya up 110% Manky

mankvill
01-12-2011, 08:32 PM
FIXED:rocker:
im backin ya up 110% Manky

:lovedup:

treghet
01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
This thread is huh, wow...

elturtleboy
01-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Who cares if he killed people. If Richard Ramirez ever puts out a Grind album id buy asap

MPF
01-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Who cares if he killed people. If Richard Ramirez ever puts out a Grind album id buy asap

Without even knowing what it sounds like?

Would the same go if OJ Simpson put out a Rap album? :tp:

makethemsuffer12
01-13-2011, 11:26 AM
I do like black metal, but I've been on the fence with Burzum not because of any of the above reasons, but his vocals are the most annoying vocals I've ever heard in my life. It sounds like that kid from the video who got his WOW account cancelled by his mom and tried to shove a remote up his ass.

This. He sounds like a rooster getting anally raped with a rusty fork.

ShatteredFlame
01-13-2011, 11:47 AM

Shit..there was an album that some rapper recorded from jail through a phone and even got an inmate to guest appear. But I can't fucking remember who it was...:bouville:

elturtleboy
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM

Richard Ramirez + Grind=:rocker:

OJ isnt my favorite serial killer,but thatd be cool

ChildrenofSodom
01-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Richard Ramirez + Grind=:rocker:

OJ isnt my favorite serial killer,but thatd be cool

2 victims = serial killer?

mankvill
01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
2 victims = serial killer?

I think he meant cereal killer.

brian
01-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Shit..there was an album that some rapper recorded from jail through a phone and even got an inmate to guest appear. But I can't fucking remember who it was...:bouville:

Haha, that's awesome. There are a few Bad Brains tracks where HR recorded vocals from the prison phone, too.

MPF
01-13-2011, 05:25 PM
I think he meant cereal killer.

Green Jelly?

elturtleboy
01-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Green Jelly?

Toucan Son Of Sam

Haha, that's awesome. There are a few Bad Brains tracks where HR recorded vocals from the prison phone, too.
From what i know it was just Sacred Love

hb420
01-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Just herd this! really good shit :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

ShatteredFlame
01-30-2011, 12:26 PM
yeah it leaked, its coming out in March btw not July

ShatteredFlame
01-30-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't know why but his clean vocals make me smile. I can't take them seriously at all, and it's coming off as funny. His harsh vocals are just as bad as ever.