PDA

View Full Version : FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE CONFIRMED FOR SUMMER SLAUGHTER 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3

AnataFan4Life
01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
The most extreme tour of the year has returned with its most devastating and dynamic line-up yet. The 5th annual Summer Slaughter Tour, presented by ESP Guitars and Indie Merch Store, runs from July 21st through August 21st and features such heavyweights as The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Darkest Hour, Six Feet Under, Dying Fetus, As Blood Runs Black, Oceano, Fleshgod Apocalypse, in addition to a special halftime performance by Powerglove. However, the madness doesn't stop there as for the first time in Summer Slaughter history the fans will vote on the band that will open the tour

Ash Avildsen (Summer Slaughter Founder) states: “We had a lot of great ideas for bands for the middle of the bill like Obscura, Spawn of Possession, 1349 and more. Unfortunately, none of them were available for the tour. So to keep it real for the fans, who without- this tour doesn’t exist, we decided to bump everyone up a slot and allow you guys to choose who opens the tour! Not only do you now get to play a part in determining the line-up, but you’ll have more time to get inside the venues and not miss the almighty Fleshgod Apocalypse from Italy!”

Shawn Keith (Summer Slaughter Co-Producer) added: “We chose 10 of our favorite metal labels to each have 1 band in the contest who were already getting a lot of buzz on the Summer Slaughter Facebook page. Please participate and vote now for your top 3 picks from the list!”

Head over to www.facebook.com/summerslaughter now to check out the list of artists to choose from and to cast your vote (deadline is April 11th). This tour is for the fans, so let your voice be heard.

Dates:
7/22 Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues
7/23 Anaheim, CA @ The Grove
7/25 Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre
7/26 Seattle, WA @ King Cat Theatre
7/28 Sacramento, CA @ Ace of Spades
7/29 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
7/30 San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
7/31 Scottsdale, AZ @ Venue of Scottsdale
8/2 Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
8/4 Louisville, KY @ Expo Five
8/5 Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews
8/6 Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
8/7 Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
8/8 Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
8/9 Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
8/10 Montreal, QC @ Olympia
8/11 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
8/12 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
8/13 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
8/14 Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
8/16 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
8/17 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
8/19 Houston, TX @ House of Blues
8/20 San Antonio, TX @ Backstage Live
8/21 Dallas, TX @ House of Blues

mastodon421
01-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Hell yes, I need to see a full set from them.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey, Summer Slaughter might not suck this year

idrinkwine732
01-12-2011, 02:21 PM

While it wasn't good this year, it sure as hell didn't suck.

Decapitated and Decrepit Birth were great.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 02:23 PM
While it wasn't good this year, it sure as hell didn't suck.

Decapitated and Decrepit Birth were great.

I would say Summer Slaughter 2010 was easily the worst line-up they'd ever had.

mastodon421
01-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I would say Summer Slaughter 2010 was easily the worst line-up they'd ever had.

I would have to disagree. Even though I have enjoyed all the lineups for Summer Slaughter, I would say 2008 was the worst lineup.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 02:36 PM
I would have to disagree. Even though I have enjoyed all the lineups for Summer Slaughter, I would say 2008 was the worst lineup.

For me, 2008 would be the 2nd worst.

Confirmed Bands: Headliner:

* Decapitated[2]

Support bands:

* The Faceless[3]
* All Shall Perish[4]
* Veil of Maya[5]
* Decrepit Birth
* Cephalic Carnage
* Animals As Leaders
* The Red Chord
* Carnifex
* Vital Remains

Vital Remains opening is embarassing. Carnifex, Red Chord, Animals As Leaders, Cephalic Carnage, Veil of Maya, ASP are bad. Decapitated headlining was a bad move on their part.

jd091
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM

SOMEONE DOESNT LIKE TECH DEATH

And any year Necrophagist ISNT on summer slaughter, it is automatically half as good.

Red Chord, Animals As Leaders, Cephalic Carnage, Veil of Maya are bad.

WHAT.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
WHAT.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1097/wenis.gif

MPF
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Red Chord, Animals As Leaders, Cephalic Carnage, are bad.

You like Burzum, but you hate these guys....fore shame! :nonono:

Wizzbang11
01-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Summer Slaughter is ok.
The year I went Aborted were cool, so were Vader.
The year with Suffocation I remember only liking Suffocation so I didnt think it was worth $40.

christopher
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Summer Slaughter is ok.
The year with Suffocation I remember only liking Suffocation so I didnt think it was worth $40.

Origin and Dying Fetus were on SS the year Suffocation played, so I thought it was somewhat worth it.

Wizzbang11
01-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Origin and Dying Fetus were on SS the year Suffocation played, so I thought it was somewhat worth it.

Oh yeah. DF are cool, Origin don't do much for me. Was that two years ago?

NecroRob
01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
It's on the Facebook page. They're also considering either Skeletonwitch or 1349.

:drool:

I don't wanna get over excited, but that's a damn good start to things. I'm so used to these tours announcing the same ole deathcore and metalcore acts year after year that it's pretty refreshing to here other bands announced first.

jd091
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Summer Slaughter is ok.

Vader would be worth the price of the show. GREAT live band

treghet
01-12-2011, 07:50 PM
I will probably go even if there are only a few bands I'm interested in, mainly because it seems like there aren't that many good metal tours during the summer. A lot of bands are busy in Europe doing festivals at that time.

DementedX14
01-12-2011, 08:12 PM
It's on the Facebook page. They're also considering either Skeletonwitch or 1349.

:drool:

I just knew that they were going to be on Summer Slaughter. :tongue:

girnny777
01-13-2011, 05:56 AM
I really hope they turn things around this year. Every year this tour gets worse and worse.

AnataFan4Life
01-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Judging from the Facebook posts, 1349 has a slight lead over Skeletonwitch.

AnataFan4Life
01-28-2011, 06:42 AM
http://damnationmag.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/summer-slaughter/

Fleshgod Apocalypse are 100 percent confirmed. Apparently they are gonna try to figure out the rest of the lineup.

treghet
01-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Judging from the Facebook posts, 1349 has a slight lead over Skeletonwitch.

Cool, I've been wanting to see them. :cool:

Bergman101
01-28-2011, 09:39 AM
I heard from someone who is driving for Dying Fetus that them and Black Dahlia Murder are on the tour. If that's true then I'm already there.

jd091
01-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I would bet anything Skeletontits is gonna be on here, and Dying Fetus would be :drool:

I don't know how possible this would be, but we came up with this idea on the mayhem forum: Nile and Necrophagist... Co-headlining!

:lovedup:

rjturtle9
01-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I heard from someone who is driving for Dying Fetus that them and Black Dahlia Murder are on the tour. If that's true then I'm already there.

Add Skeletonwitch to this thing and I'm going for sure!!

mastodon421
01-28-2011, 10:37 AM

:party: Hell yes, Black Dahlia, Dying Fetus and Fleshgod Apocalypse is one hell of a combo, count me in no matter who else is there if that's true.

Northern_Shaman
01-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Assuming Nergal is recovering as quickly as the media would suggest...

Behemoth headlining would be pretty damn awesome =D.

jd091
01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Assuming Nergal is recovering as quickly as the media would suggest...

Behemoth headlining would be pretty damn awesome =D.

Woah, dude. Woah....

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

AnataFan4Life
01-28-2011, 03:52 PM
If the Black Dahlia Murder is there, then they will either headline or co-headline, which is cool by me since I still have yet to see these guys live. I'm liking how all of the rumored/confirmed bands so far are all awesome and we have no crap bands yet. Hopefully it stays that way.

treghet
01-28-2011, 04:26 PM
I really hope The Black Dahlia Murder isn't on it. I can't stand them.

AnataFan4Life
01-28-2011, 04:54 PM
This year is shaping up to be pretty great so far :rocker:

larvtard
01-28-2011, 05:38 PM
If the lineup was Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Dying Fetus, 1349, and Fleshgod Apocalypse I would shit my pants :eek:

That being said, we're missing a couple deathcore bands. Usually, Summer Slaughter is 1/3 straight-up death metal/grind bands (1349, Fleshgod), 1/3 awesome death metal/grind bands that some deathcore fans like, for whatever reason (Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Dying Fetus), and 1/3 straight-up deathcore.

(Side note: I really hope The Faceless isn't on it again. When I saw them last summer they had one of the most flat live tones I've ever heard.)

BloodoftheKings
01-28-2011, 05:47 PM
I would go if Behemoth and Skeletonwitch played.

kommie
01-28-2011, 06:37 PM
I doubt Behemoth are gonna do anything at all soon, or even in the next year

AnataFan4Life
01-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah I doubt Summer Slaughter is the first thing on Nergal's mind right now

Bergman101
01-28-2011, 08:05 PM
I feel like all I need is Darkest Hour, After The Burial, Necrophagist, Ion Dissonance, Red Chord and The Faceless, then Boom. Best of Summer Slaughter :D

AnataFan4Life
01-28-2011, 08:17 PM
I'd prefer more bands who haven't been on it yet. Obscura, Nile, Augury, Immolation, etc. Those are awesome bands who I think have decent chance of being on the tour.

Bergman101
01-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd love to see Obscura and Immolation on SS!

AnataFan4Life
01-28-2011, 08:37 PM
If I could bring a band back, i'd bring back Vital Remains and give them a much higher spot on the line-up. Having a legendary death metal band with songs over 6 minutes long play a 20 minute opening set is complete bullshit.

treghet
01-28-2011, 10:33 PM
I'd prefer more bands who haven't been on it yet. Obscura, Nile, Augury, Immolation, etc. Those are awesome bands who I think have decent chance of being on the tour.

Yes, definitely. They need to stop picking the same bands.

mankvill
01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
It'd be cool if they could get a good band from left-field to play again, like they did with Ensiferum.

jd091
01-29-2011, 01:17 AM
I'd love to see Obscura and Immolation on SS!

Obscura NEEDS to be on SS. And although Immolation was great last year when I saw them, there was this litle band that opened for them that blew them out of the water... called VADER

:rocker: :fist:

AnataFan4Life
01-29-2011, 04:47 AM
1349 and Skeletonwitch are in Europe in June, which leads me to believe Summer Slaughter will start late again this year.

kommie
01-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Bloodbath to headline!!!!!! highly unlikely though

AnataFan4Life
01-29-2011, 09:14 AM
If Anata did Summer Slaughter I would go in a heartbeat.

NecroRob
01-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Bloodbath to headline!!!!!! highly unlikely though

If Bloodbath ever comes to the States I would literally shit a brick...LITERALLY.

jd091
01-29-2011, 09:47 AM
If Anata did Summer Slaughter I would go in a heartbeat.

Anata needs to start touring again, period. I've been waiting a long time to see them.

kommie
01-29-2011, 09:48 AM
If Bloodbath ever comes to the States I would literally shit a brick...LITERALLY.

Which is why I said highly unlikely :angry:

ShatteredFlame
01-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Bloodbath wanted to play in the US for MDF but they out priced themselves so it never happened.

So I doubt Summer Slaughter can afford them for a whole tour.

AnataFan4Life
01-29-2011, 09:51 AM
I do know we can count out Cannibal Corpse. They aren't touring in 2011 and will focus on recording their next album. Maybe they can do Summer Slaughter 2012 though.

smokebeer420
01-29-2011, 05:02 PM
bloodbath would be fucking killer if they played ss,then maybe they would tour the states after seeing how loved they are over here,but i think nile is gonna headline which would be fucking great,i know they dont fit but municipal waste should play ss

larvtard
01-29-2011, 05:24 PM
bloodbath would be fucking killer if they played ss,then maybe they would tour the states after seeing how loved they are over here,but i think nile is gonna headline which would be fucking great,i know they dont fit but municipal waste should play ss

Have we actually heard rumors about Nile playing, or are we just hoping/speculating? They would be good on there though, as well as Immolation of course.

jd091
01-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Have we actually heard rumors about Nile playing, or are we just hoping/speculating? They would be good on there though, as well as Immolation of course.

Nile is TOTAL hope/speculation. No actual evidence. We're just debating which bands would be killer to headline :rocker:

DementedX14
01-29-2011, 05:59 PM
It would be awesome if Cannibal Corpse and Bloodbath could co-headline. Or if Carcass or At the Gates or Morbid Angel would headline that would be sick right there. :naughty:

treghet
01-29-2011, 06:11 PM
It would be awesome if Cannibal Corpse and Bloodbath could co-headline. Or if Carcass or At the Gates or Morbid Angel would headline that would be sick right there. :naughty:

Morbid Angel! Since they've returned to Earth now, it would be cool if they headlined.

mankvill
01-29-2011, 09:21 PM

I think that'd make the fest too top-heavy. I really think they banked a lot of a reunited Decapitated to be a big draw last year and pretty much just phoned in the rest of the line-up. I would for sure take Necrophagist (I like to think of SS as their tour) and another legendary, yet not scarcely touring band, to co-headline.

Although I'd go see Summer Slaughter is it was At The Gates or Morbid Angel headlining, even if Suicide silence clones made up the rest of the lineup. :D

jd091
01-30-2011, 12:43 AM
I think that'd make the fest too top-heavy. I really think they banked a lot of a reunited Decapitated to be a big draw last year and pretty much just phoned in the rest of the line-up. I would for sure take Necrophagist (I like to think of SS as their tour) and another legendary, yet not scarcely touring band, to co-headline.

Although I'd go see Summer Slaughter is it was At The Gates or Morbid Angel headlining, even if Suicide silence clones made up the rest of the lineup. :D

I always thought of SS as strictly a pure tech death tour for us tech death enthusiasts. Necrophagist should headline again. I would love to see Psycroptic get on this, and maybe even Anata out of exile and back into the US :rocker:

mankvill
01-30-2011, 01:31 AM
I always thought of SS as strictly a pure tech death tour for us tech death enthusiasts. Necrophagist should headline again. I would love to see Psycroptic get on this, and maybe even Anata out of exile and back into the US :rocker:

Psycroptic might have already been on it? I'm not sure. A band in the same style as Psycroptic but, IMO, lightyears better, would be Abysmal Dawn.

Or, hey, throw Impaled or Ghoul on the lineup and expect every ticket to be sold.

AnataFan4Life
01-30-2011, 06:14 AM
This makes me so glad Suicide Silence is on Mayhem this year. I was legitly scared for a little while that they were on Summer Slaughter.

Thankfully the rumors look untarnished so far :rocker:

kommie
01-30-2011, 09:07 AM
This makes me so glad Suicide Silence is on Mayhem this year. I was legitly scared for a little while that they were on Summer Slaughter.

Thankfully the rumors look untarnished so far :rocker:

they can still be on SS as SS is always early summer

AnataFan4Life
01-30-2011, 09:12 AM
they can still be on SS as SS is always early summer

It was late summer last year.

And even if they were on it, you need one shit band for a piss/merch break. That's what Carnifex was for last year. :D

kommie
01-30-2011, 09:36 AM
I didn't go last year so I had no idea when they had it.

AnataFan4Life
01-30-2011, 09:41 AM
I didn't go last year so I had no idea when they had it.

Yeah it started mid-late July last year. Plus I doubt a band would do both tours right next to each other, especially if both tours are hitting the same cities.

kommie
01-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah it started mid-late July last year. Plus I doubt a band would do both tours right next to each other, especially if both tours are hitting the same cities.

some jackass I think in the Mayhem thread said Suicide Silence should headline Summer Slaughter. what a travesty is that ever happened.

AnataFan4Life
01-30-2011, 09:47 AM
some jackass I think in the Mayhem thread said Suicide Silence should headline Summer Slaughter. what a travesty is that ever happened.

They headlined the 2008 European leg of the tour.

I want to take this time to express my condolences for those in Europe who got that joke of a lineup for Summer Slaughter in 2008.

smokebeer420
01-30-2011, 10:59 AM
i could see amon amarth as co/headliner.arch enemy wouldnt be bad ethier.

hb420
01-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Deicide
Immolation
Pig Destroyer
Obscura
Skeletonwitch
Fleshgod Apocalypse

that would be awesome :drool::drool::rocker:

Northern_Shaman
01-30-2011, 12:14 PM
This post was kind of abandoned, but I've been thinking about it a bit lately:

It'd be cool if they could get a good band from left-field to play again, like they did with Ensiferum.

Anybody have hopes for that slot? Assuming they do it again. I would've gone last year had Ensiferum been playing my date but they were only here for half the tour :flame:.

AnataFan4Life
01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
So far, we have The Black Dahlia Murder, Dying Fetus, Fleshgod Apocalypse, and either 1349 or Skeletonwitch.

Like I said earlier, i'm betting The Black Dahlia Murder are headlining/co-headlining. Dying Fetus should be pretty high up, if not co-headlining with TBDM. Fleshgod will probably get stuck as an opener, as they are fairly new to the states. As for 1349/Skeletonwitch, I imagine either one of them will probably be somewhere in the middle.

Dissimulate
01-30-2011, 02:08 PM
You guys are forgetting the trend. Necrophagist headlined in 2007 and 2009, somebody else headlined in 2008 and 2010. Going by past events they should headline this year as well. If TBDM headline they're having the same headliner as 2008. They really need to stop having the same bands on tour, but I'd make an exception for Necrophagist because I haven't seen them yet.

Statutory-Mike
01-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm okay with all of this. Not one bad band being speculated. Super stoked if I get to see TBDM for a 5th time in 2 years. This is yes.

AnataFan4Life
01-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Hopefully this comes near the VA/NC area again. Last year we had to bitch for the Raleigh date to be added. :D

smokebeer420
02-01-2011, 10:26 AM
is dying fetus plays at ss i will shit a brick of cum out of my dick,i also heard there playing new england metal fest in april,looks like ima try to get back to mass for that

Bergman101
02-26-2011, 09:44 PM
so earlier I heard on a radio show half of the Summer Slaughter line-up. Apparently it's

Black Dahlia/Whitechapel co-headling
Darkest Hour
Dying Fetus
Fleshgod Apocalypse

If that's half the bands playing then I can't wait to see the other half!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

mankvill
02-26-2011, 09:51 PM
so earlier I heard on a radio show half of the Summer Slaughter line-up. Apparently it's

Darkest Hour
Dying Fetus
Fleshgod Apocalypse

If that's half the bands playing then I can't wait to see the other half!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

I find it very, very hard to believe that Darkest Hour would be over Dying Fetus, and Whitechapel SUCKS SO MUCH DICK HOLY FUCK.

But that ain't bad.

kommie
02-26-2011, 09:54 PM

Darkest Hour
Dying Fetus
Fleshgod Apocalypse

Godfuckingawful except Fleshgod and Dying Fetus. this tour seems year after year gets more deathcore shit.

treghet
02-26-2011, 10:43 PM
If that's really part of the lineup I will not be attending.

Mtrosent1988
02-27-2011, 05:44 AM
What puzzles me the most is how Whitechapel is considered even close to being on the same level of popularity as BDM. If they co-headline and for some reason, Whitechapel is on after BDM, at least I can get a jump on traffic.

But BDM, Dying Fetus and Fleshgod sounds worth it for me. Let's hope they get someone from out of left field like Obscura to be on this.

mastodon421
02-27-2011, 06:36 AM
I'll take that, I have been dying to see Black Dahlia and Fleshgod again and I really need to see Darkest Hour and Dying Fetus. Whitechapel I'll take it for leave it on, I have seen them 3 times and I could care less about seeing them again.

LAXdef16
02-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Really late but that's awesome!
I have yet to see The Black Dahlia Murder so this rumored lineup is pretty kick ass

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Really late but that's awesome!
I have yet to see The Black Dahlia Murder so this rumored lineup is pretty kick ass

So have I but they're appearing everywhere.

They're co-headlining this Russian metalfest with Miss May I, playing at Metaltown, Graspop, and now this? :lol:

"Familiarity breeds contempt."

llama lom
02-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Any word on whether we're getting 1349 or Skeletonwitch, or maybe both?

As for this lineup so far, definitely not what I was expecting, but I'll take it, given the rest of the lineup kicks ass.

LAXdef16
02-27-2011, 09:36 AM
So have I but they're appearing everywhere.

They're co-headlining this Russian metalfest with Miss May I, playing at Metaltown, Graspop, and now this? :lol:

"Familiarity breeds contempt."

Yeah I've noticed that they have been playing on some weird tours but I don't care :tongue:

brutal_descent
02-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Yeah I've noticed that they have been playing on some weird tours but I don't care :tongue:

Weird tours? It's not that - it's that they seem keen on making me watch them.

Which I have nothing against. :lol:

nickbaird3491
02-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Stoked for TBDM, Whitechapel, Darkest Hour, and Dying Fetus. I don't see much wrong with the order. Whitechapel played over Darkest Hour over a year ago on that Trivium tour and are even more popular now.

I've yet to listen to Fleshgod, yeah I suck. Haha.

jd091
02-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Stoked for TBDM, Whitechapel, Darkest Hour, and Dying Fetus. I don't see much wrong with the order. Whitechapel played over Darkest Hour over a year ago on that Trivium tour and are even more popular now.

I've yet to listen to Fleshgod, yeah I suck. Haha.

Are we sure Whitechapel is playing? Because if they are, they're big enough that they'll be headlining, which doesn't make much sense. Other bands are pretty awesome, even though Dying Fetus should be above everyone :rocker:

nickbaird3491
02-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Are we sure Whitechapel is playing? Because if they are, they're big enough that they'll be headlining, which doesn't make much sense. Other bands are pretty awesome, even though Dying Fetus should be above everyone :rocker:

Yes, Whitechapel is co-headlining with The Black Dahlia Murder.

I wonder if they're gonna put both Skeletonwitch and 1349 or if they really are making people choose?

I've heard rumors Impending Doom is gonna be on this as well. Plus, Sumerian is probably gonna fill out the other 3 bands. Wouldn't be surprised if it's The Faceless, After the Burial, and Born of Osiris. Periphery could fit as well if one of those 3 don't do it.

AnataFan4Life
02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
I hope they don't fill the rest of it up with deathcore. If they did then this would probably be the worst SS lineup so far.

I'm hoping for Obscura at least. Though if they aren't on this, then at least they could possibly do their own tour and get more time to play :rocker:

ShatteredFlame
02-27-2011, 11:10 AM
I never liked this tour since the beginning but wow if that's the lineup its really hard to take people who worship it seriously anymore.

ShatteredFlame
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
But honestly, don't they usually get an old school death metal headliner to help the draw? I'm guessing they're banking on people going for tradition if its gonna be these bands.

AnataFan4Life
02-27-2011, 11:23 AM
To me, Summer Slaughter has always seemed like a balancing act: having about an even amount of death metal and deathcore so that they can try to please both crowds. If they end up putting that much deathcore on the line-up, they're gonna lose quite a few fans who go for the death metal half of the line-up.

nickbaird3491
02-27-2011, 11:33 AM
To me, Summer Slaughter has always seemed like a balancing act: having about an even amount of death metal and deathcore so that they can try to please both crowds. If they end up putting that much deathcore on the line-up, they're gonna lose quite a few fans who go for the death metal half of the line-up.

Whitechapel, Impending Doom, After the Burial, and Born of Osiris wouldn't even be half the lineup.

You'd still have The Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour, The Faceless, Skeletonwitch/1349, and Fleshgod as non-deathcore bands.

jd091
02-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Whitechapel, Impending Doom, After the Burial, and Born of Osiris wouldn't even be half the lineup.

You'd still have The Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour, The Faceless, Skeletonwitch/1349, and Fleshgod as non-deathcore bands.

Good point. Are we sure the Faceless are gonna be on this? I mean, aren't they always on it? But if they were on it, I have a feeling like they would need to be co-headlining or be right under the main act. With so many big names already, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't on it. Which is a big :bouville: for me.

And to be technical... I consider ATB and BOO to be Sumeriancore, not deathcore... But we won't go there. Nothing can be as bad as Carnifex on the lineup, so that's not bad. If Whitechapel headlines over BDM, then all the Death Metal fans can leave early, and it'll be all peachy keen. As long as Skeletontits is playing.

That was a very stream-of-consciousness post.

treghet
02-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I've probably said this before, but I really can't stand how this tour has the same bands over and over... There are plenty of other bands I want to see that should be on this tour!

nickbaird3491
02-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Good point. Are we sure the Faceless are gonna be on this? I mean, aren't they always on it? But if they were on it, I have a feeling like they would need to be co-headlining or be right under the main act. With so many big names already, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't on it. Which is a big :bouville: for me.

And to be technical... I consider ATB and BOO to be Sumeriancore, not deathcore... But we won't go there. Nothing can be as bad as Carnifex on the lineup, so that's not bad. If Whitechapel headlines over BDM, then all the Death Metal fans can leave early, and it'll be all peachy keen. As long as Skeletontits is playing.

That was a very stream-of-consciousness post.

I agree with the whole Sumeriancore thing as well. We're not for sure about The Faceless, but it wouldn't be a surprise. If they aren't there, it wouldn't surprise me if Periphery took their place as a Sumerian band.

jd091
02-27-2011, 12:37 PM
I agree with the whole Sumeriancore thing as well. We're not for sure about The Faceless, but it wouldn't be a surprise. If they aren't there, it wouldn't surprise me if Periphery took their place as a Sumerian band.

I could see that happening. And although I love Periphery, they really aren't a SUMMER SLAUGHTER band. I mean, I want to see bands that slaughter things. Death metal. Blood and guts.

larvtard
02-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Summer Slaughter as a whole is pretty meh... it's usually about 1/3 tech death (w/ crossover appeal to scene kids), 1/3 deathcore (w/ some crossover appeal to the more metal crowd), and 1/3 old-school death/grind/etc.

Whitechapel on this would suck, but if you think about it, Summer Slaughter hasn't gone that much more downhill. I mean, Carnifex played last summer. Sure, they didn't headline, but All Shall Perish basically did.

mankvill
02-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Reunitied Gorguts will headline.

llama lom
02-27-2011, 02:27 PM

If only.

jd091
02-27-2011, 04:06 PM
SS needs pornogrind.

Statutory-Mike
02-27-2011, 06:48 PM
If Whitechapel headline, I will be a sad panda. I can deal with deathcore bands in the lineup, but I feel like this is more or less a death metal tour package then it is a deathcore one. I hope it's not taking a turn for the worse.

kommie
02-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Impending Doom? Does this tour really need Christian Deathcore?

nickbaird3491
02-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Impending Doom is easily one of the better deathcore bands.

Statutory-Mike
02-28-2011, 07:21 AM

this.

Bergman101
02-28-2011, 08:26 AM
I feel like the line-up will look something like this.

Black Dahlia Murder
Whitechapel
Darkest Hour
As Blood Runs Black
Dying Fetus
Impending Doom
Skeletonwitch
Obscura
Periphery
Fleshgod Apocalypse

jd091
02-28-2011, 09:02 AM
If As Blood Runs Black plays, and is above Dying Fetus, I will be very dissapoint.

AnataFan4Life
02-28-2011, 09:22 AM
If ABRB are on this and they play above Dying Fetus, then Ash has lost his fucking mind.

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Summer Slaughter should just be replaced with a 2nd leg of the Metalliance tour. ;)

Natrlhi
02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Summer Slaughter should just be replaced with a 2nd leg of the Metalliance tour. ;):agree: Seconded.

RAZOR
02-28-2011, 12:57 PM
:agree: Seconded.

and...thirded? If that's even a word. :eyes:

AnataFan4Life
02-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm gonna try to go to the Greensboro date for Metalliance. The entire lineup looks awesome, and it seems like Helmet will be avoiding their newer stuff for the most part, with them playing Meantime in it's entirety.

hellawaits77ny
02-28-2011, 07:43 PM
If As Blood Runs Black plays, and is above Dying Fetus, I will be very dissapoint.

x2. If the lineup turns out looking anything like people have predicted here, Dying Fetus better be playing right before the co-headliners. And get at least 40 minutes.

NecroRob
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
x2. If the lineup turns out looking anything like people have predicted here, Dying Fetus better be playing right before the co-headliners. And get at least 40 minutes.

This.

Lets not have a repeat of last year where Vital Remains had to open the god damn show before the likes of Carnifex. They got to play 2 songs at my show, the fucking local opening band got more time to play. Such a travesty.

treghet
02-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Someone should make a new summer metal tour so I can pretend this one doesn't exist anymore. :bliss:

llama lom
02-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Someone should make a MDF-esque tour, that won't sell out (unlike many other tours these days).

hellawaits77ny
03-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Well, this tour just got a little LESS lame for me. Still lame, just not as!! I checked out some of 'Oracles' by FGA, and I liked it. Currently listening to their new EP, which is also pretty solid. Seems I won't mind seeing this guys. Again, plenty of (much) better bands who could be on the tour, but I can tolerate these guys.

Statutory-Mike
03-01-2011, 03:56 AM
Well, this tour just got a little LESS lame for me. Still lame, just not as!! I checked out some of 'Oracles' by FGA, and I liked it. Currently listening to their new EP, which is also pretty solid. Seems I won't mind seeing this guys. Again, plenty of (much) better bands who could be on the tour, but I can tolerate these guys.

Fleshgod is fucking rad.

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-02-2011, 07:10 PM
The Metalliance Tour
Working hard on Metalliance 2, but we need everyone to support Metalliance 1, starting in just over 2 weeks!

There is a God.

jd091
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
The Metalliance Tour
Working hard on Metalliance 2, but we need everyone to support Metalliance 1, starting in just over 2 weeks!

There is a God.

Pssh. These tours are 2 completely different genres. Can we agree they're both good in their own ways?

And am I the only one who wants to see Anata on this, or what? :shred:

AnataFan4Life
03-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Pssh. These tours are 2 completely different genres. Can we agree they're both good in their own ways?

And am I the only one who wants to see Anata on this, or what? :shred:

HELL YES. I NEED to see this band.

jd091
03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
HELL YES. I NEED to see this band.

Haha, I knew I would get a response from you. But seriously. What the hell is with Anata? Do they not tour anymore or something?

AnataFan4Life
03-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Haha, I knew I would get a response from you. But seriously. What the hell is with Anata? Do they not tour anymore or something?

Their new album is finished, but Earache are a bunch of assholes and won't release it. I hope they don't suffer the same fate that !T.O.O.H.! did...

hellawaits77ny
03-07-2011, 09:41 PM
According to http://www.vulgardisplayofblog.com (http://www.vulgardisplayofblog.com/)/ , the tour will be headlined by WC, BDM AND Darkest Hour. 3 headliners? What the fuck is this? Dude, how can all these bands headline over Dying Fetus!!

larvtard
03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Summer Slaughter will be headlined by WC, BDM AND Darkest Hour.

:tp:

hellawaits77ny
03-07-2011, 10:11 PM
:tp:

Sigh.................

yep

mankvill
03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
According to http://www.vulgardisplayofblog.com (http://www.vulgardisplayofblog.com/)/ , the tour will be headlined by WC, BDM AND Darkest Hour. 3 headliners? What the fuck is this? Dude, how can all these bands headline over Dying Fetus!!

man, i wish the guy who ran that blog posted here so we could talk to him

jd091
03-07-2011, 10:19 PM
man, i wish the guy who ran that blog posted here so we could talk to him

LOL

jd091
03-07-2011, 10:20 PM
...but seriously, the only band of those I see as an appropriate headliner for SS would be BDM. Don't get me wrong, Darkest Hour is great, but... come on, taking a slot usually filled by Necrophagist or Decapitated? Doesn't fit musically at all.

And with all those bands, this has GOTTA get bumped up to the House of Blues in Cleveland instead of Peabody's.

llama lom
03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Normally I wouldn't mind this, but for fuck's sake what the hell SS?

MPF
03-07-2011, 10:39 PM
The only band people should be bitching about so far is Whitechapel...

...That is all.

NecroRob
03-07-2011, 10:43 PM
In just 3 years time WC went from opening SS to headlining...

mankvill
03-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Normally I wouldn't mind this, but for fuck's sake what the hell SS?

Summer Slaughter

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-07-2011, 11:12 PM
According to http://www.vulgardisplayofblog.com (http://www.vulgardisplayofblog.com/)/ , the tour will be headlined by WC, BDM AND Darkest Hour.

Eww.

...I mean, I wasn't expecting much out of this tour this year after the formulaic and bland 2010 edition and with the introduction of the amazing Metalliance package tour but throwing the 3 poster prospects for br00tal music as the headliners makes me flee completely.

AnataFan4Life
03-08-2011, 02:36 AM
I'll wait and see what the final lineup looks like before I decide whether to go or not.

mastodon421
03-08-2011, 03:39 AM
In just 3 years time WC went from opening SS to headlining...

I don't even hate WC, but I am getting really sick of them. If they play after Black Dahlia, who headlined over them on the Summer Slaughter 08 and is the far superior band, that is a load of shit.

AnataFan4Life
03-08-2011, 04:29 AM
What really pisses me off is that The Faceless had to work their way up just to be direct support last year, and Cephalic Carnage gets moved DOWN from being a higher up band to a middle band, yet Whitechapel gets to magically jump from being an opener to a headliner.

brutal_descent
03-08-2011, 04:44 AM
What really pisses me off is that The Faceless had to work their way up just to be direct support last year, and Cephalic Carnage gets moved DOWN from being a higher up band to a middle band, yet Whitechapel gets to magically jump from being an opener to a headliner.

Along with Suicide Silence, Bring Me The Horizon (I'm not even sure whether you can still call them deathcore), Job for a Cowboy, All Shall Perish, and Carnifex, they are one of the most famous deathcore bands out there. Since they're trendy enough to attract a fuckload of scene kids/hardcore kids they get moved up to the top of the bill just so they'll have more time for their set so more kids stay. So fucking what if they play last - that'll give the rest of us a chance to gtfo and beat the traffic.

On a side note, I hope the SF/Sacramento date won't be in August, but in July.

coltongsmith
03-08-2011, 05:33 AM
if they play last - that'll give the rest of us a chance to gtfo and beat the traffic.

i agree with u dude lasy year i had to sit through all the shit before Decapitated came on, now this year i can get the hell out of the front before the deathcore bands come one

brutal_descent
03-08-2011, 05:36 AM
i agree with u dude lasy year i had to sit through all the shit before Decapitated came on, now this year i can get the hell out of the front before the deathcore bands come one

I, for one, have never ever heard a song by Whitechapel, nor have I ever seen them live. Depending on the situation at hand, I might stay to see them, or might not.

AnataFan4Life
03-08-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm hoping Obscura ends up on this like I suspected.

kommie
03-08-2011, 07:06 AM
hopefully GWAR do a summer tour so I can at least go to something..

mastodon421
03-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Eww.

...I mean, I wasn't expecting much out of this tour this year after the formulaic and bland 2010 edition and with the introduction of the amazing Metalliance package tour but throwing the 3 poster prospects for br00tal music as the headliners makes me flee completely.

Not trying to hate, but why do you keep comparing this tour to Metalliance? They really don't have anything in common outside of both being festival touring packages. I get not digging the lineup, that's completely cool, it's just comparing Metalliance and Summer Slaughter is like comparing apples and oranges.

AnataFan4Life
03-08-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm surprised at Nuclear Blast's lack of involvement this year.

llama lom
03-08-2011, 09:24 AM
I, for one, have never ever heard a song by Whitechapel, nor have I ever seen them live. Depending on the situation at hand, I might stay to see them, or might not.

They're pretty much a hit or miss band, whether you like deathcore or not. Their live show is decent.

brutal_descent
03-08-2011, 09:36 AM
They're pretty much a hit or miss band, whether you like deathcore or not. Their live show is decent.

Good decent or bad decent?

I like We Butter the Bread with Butter, Bring Me The Horizon's first album, The Black Dahlia Murder, Heaven Shall Burn, and some others I can't recall. I have seen Suicide Silence live though, and let me just say it is awful.

Steev
03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Darkest Hour and The Black Dahlia Murder would be worth it

mankvill
03-08-2011, 10:33 AM
They're pretty much a hit or miss band, whether you like deathcore or not.

Absolutely not. I am not a fan of deathcore and Whitechapel is the worst band I've ever seen.

llama lom
03-08-2011, 10:51 AM

I like We Butter the Bread with Butter, Bring Me The Horizon's first album, The Black Dahlia Murder, Heaven Shall Burn, and some others I can't recall. I have seen Suicide Silence live though, and let me just say it is awful.

Good decent in my opinion. The fact that you don't like Suicide Silence may mean you won't like them, but I'd say give the album A New Era of Corruption out.

Mankvill, I'm just basing it off the fact that some of my friends aren't into deathcore but like some Whitechapel.

jd091
03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Absolutely not. I am not a fan of deathcore and Whitechapel is the worst band I've ever seen.

Surprise! Mank doesn't like deathcore! :D

Personally, I would say good decent. You may or may not have seen the review I did for Whitechapel's show in Chicago a couple weeks ago, but it was surprisingly lacking scene kids and lots of hardcore dancing, just a lot of regular metalheads with crazy violent push moshing going on. Saying that the kids and the ninjas are what I dislike the most about deathcore, I was really surprised at how much fun I had at the show.

Musically, with their new album, they're moving more towards a traditional death metal sound than deathcore. There's not really any breakdowns on that album, kind of like JFAC's Ruination. That being said, I don't know if my performance has any bearing on the rest of the country, and maybe you'll see them with a bunch of slam dancers. But with a very death-metal tour like summer slaughter, they could potentially be fun to see.

If you actually sit down and analyze deathcore musically (insert joke here about makin your ears bleed), there are only a couple bands that really produce unique song structures an original phrasing. I would argue that Whitechapel is one of those bands, alongside All Shall Perish. If you're open to deathcore at all, Whitechapel is much more rooted in the death rather than -core like Suicide Silence or BMTH, so you'll enjoy it.

If you hate deathcore, nothing is gonna change you, you'll despise it, an probably leave early to beat the traffic. Win-win situation.

makethemsuffer12
03-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Surprise! Mank doesn't like deathcore! :D

Personally, I would say good decent. You may or may not have seen the review I did for Whitechapel's show in Chicago a couple weeks ago, but it was surprisingly lacking scene kids and lots of hardcore dancing, just a lot of regular metalheads with crazy violent push moshing going on. Saying that the kids and the ninjas are what I dislike the most about deathcore, I was really surprised at how much fun I had at the show.

Musically, with their new album, they're moving more towards a traditional death metal sound than deathcore. There's not really any breakdowns on that album, kind of like JFAC's Ruination. That being said, I don't know if my performance has any bearing on the rest of the country, and maybe you'll see them with a bunch of slam dancers. But with a very death-metal tour like summer slaughter, they could potentially be fun to see.

If you actually sit down and analyze deathcore musically (insert joke here about makin your ears bleed), there are only a couple bands that really produce unique song structures an original phrasing. I would argue that Whitechapel is one of those bands, alongside All Shall Perish. If you're open to deathcore at all, Whitechapel is much more rooted in the death rather than -core like Suicide Silence or BMTH, so you'll enjoy it.

If you hate deathcore, nothing is gonna change you, you'll despise it, an probably leave early to beat the traffic. Win-win situation.
I have to disagree with that. The songs I've heard (Breeding Violence, in particular) still have breakdowns, and even the ones without still have some noticeable hardcore/metalcore influences, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I was actually surprised by how much I liked some of the songs on that album (Devolver, Darkest Day of Man, Reprogrammed to Hate).

llama lom
03-08-2011, 11:31 AM
I have to disagree with that. The songs I've heard (Breeding Violence, in particular) still have breakdowns, and even the ones without still have some noticeable hardcore/metalcore influences, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I was actually surprised by how much I liked some of the songs on that album (Devolver, Darkest Day of Man, Reprogrammed to Hate).

I don't think he was saying they were completely gone, just significantly less and they were used better instead of the simple "riff, breakdown, riff, riff, breakdown" formula. I'm excited to see what direction the band takes on their next album.

jd091
03-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I don't think he was saying they were completely gone, just significantly less and they were used better instead of the simple "riff, breakdown, riff, riff, breakdown" formula. I'm excited to see what direction the band takes on their next album.

It's more of a "groove down" or something, not changing the tempo of the song like a traditional deathcore breakdown. True, it still has -core influences and probably should still be considered deathcore, but it's taking the genre to more interesting places from the rut it's been stuck in.

mankvill
03-08-2011, 11:59 AM
It's more of a "groove down" or something

*smack*

cut that shit right out

jd091
03-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Sorry! Thats just how I describe it...

So....

Dying Fetus, anyone?

makethemsuffer12
03-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Sorry! Thats just how I describe it...

So....

Dying Fetus, anyone?

Them opening for Whitechapel is just plain wrong.

ShatteredFlame
03-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Dying Fetus, anyone?

no thanks

mankvill
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Dying Fetus is amazing and everyone who doesn't have it really needs to go pick up the re-mastered reissue of Killing On Adrenaline, one of the best death metal albums of all time.

jd091
03-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Dying Fetus is amazing and everyone who doesn't have it really needs to go pick up the re-mastered reissue of Killing On Adrenaline, one of the best death metal albums of all time.

:party:

Them opening for Whitechapel is just plain wrong.

Its all about the :money:. Whitechapel, unfortunately, sells more right now.

makethemsuffer12
03-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Its all about the :money:. Whitechapel, unfortunately, sells more right now.

Well duh, but besides money, it's just messed up.
Though nothing will be as bad as Dark Tranquility going on before The Devil Wears Prada on that KSE tour.

Dissimulate
03-08-2011, 02:13 PM
I was semi interested before but if those three bands are headlining I'm skipping this. I know the remaining lineup will be nowhere close to something I care about.

AnataFan4Life
03-08-2011, 02:15 PM
This is probably not the case, but is it possible we may have a twelve band lineup this year? If they have three bands in a headlining spot, maybe they are switching out for different legs of the tour or something.

mastodon421
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
This is probably not the case, but is it possible we may have a twelve band lineup this year? If they have three bands in a headlining spot, maybe they are switching out for different legs of the tour or something.

I don't think its a triple headliner. I think that Black Dahlia Murder,Whitechapel and Darkest Hour just happen to be the top 3 billed bands. I don't think 12 bands will happen.

AnataFan4Life
03-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I just figured because I heard all of these places saying that all 3 were headlining and 2009's lineup had twelve bands on it. I guess we'll find out soon...

coltongsmith
03-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Though nothing will be as bad as Dark Tranquility going on before The Devil Wears Prada on that KSE tour.

u are so right, that was a fuckin tragedy

Someguy89
03-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Your requests have been answered, DYING FETUS and FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE are both 100% confirmed

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/SummerSlaughterTour?sk=wall&filter=2

mankvill
03-22-2011, 09:36 PM
And the fact they tell everyone to go pick up a Born of Osiris album in that same post pretty much guarantees that cancerous band is on it as well.

MPF
03-22-2011, 10:44 PM
And the fact they tell everyone to go pick up a Born of Osiris album in that same post pretty much guarantees that cancerous band is on it as well.

I may get some shit for this, but the new Born Of Osiris is actually not bad. They definitely improved from their last album.

mankvill
03-22-2011, 10:53 PM
I may get some shit for this, but the new Born Of Osiris is actually not bad. They definitely improved from their last album.

Yeah, but you're the djent guy.

hellawaits77ny
03-22-2011, 11:29 PM

I can tolerate those guys, but I really don't have any desire to see them. Just make Dying Fetus get 40-45 minutes, and that will give this lame-o tour at least SOME assemblance of dignity.

mankvill
03-22-2011, 11:33 PM
this lame-o tour

contrary to what you may believe, Summer Slaughter is generally one of the better metal tour packages to happen every year.

Except last year, of course.

hellawaits77ny
03-23-2011, 12:04 AM
contrary to what you may believe, Summer Slaughter is generally one of the better metal tour packages to happen every year.

Except last year, of course.

I didn't mean always, I am referring to this year's lineup. I know SS has a solid lineup every year. The '09 version was awesome, was bummed I missed it. Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Necrophagist. I would have preferred '10's lineup to this years, actually.

MPF
03-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Yeah, but you're the djent guy.

Not at all actually. I mean, yeah, I like some Djent bands, but there's tons of Djent bands who suck balls. I'm a music/drummer guy first more then anything.

I'm not sold on the new Born Of Osiris yet. It still has a bit of Deathcore remnants for my liking, but it is better.

mastodon421
03-23-2011, 03:51 AM
The new Born Of Osiris is awesome imo. It's 100x time better than A Higher Place and they just keep getting better and bettert by the album.

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
That pretty much guarantees that BOO is on it as well. Kinda figured they would be on it considering they have a new album coming out.

I think that just leaves one spot left. Hopefully it goes to a good band.

MPF
03-23-2011, 12:20 PM
The new Born Of Osiris is awesome imo. It's 100x time better than A Higher Place and they just keep getting better and better by the album.

Absolutely. The most I listen to it the more I dig it, but they still aren't a favorite of mine.

That pretty much guarantees that BOO is on it as well. Kinda figured they would be on it considering they have a new album coming out.

Should I ASSume that the ones announced earlier (Black Daliah Muder, Darkest Hour, Whitechapel) are in fact headlining? If not I'd love to see Morbid Angel headline.

If they are headlining, Revocation should be on this tour.

mastodon421
03-23-2011, 12:25 PM

Only one spot left:confused: There are nine rumored bands?

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Only one spot left:confused: There are nine rumored bands?

I'm almost certain Obscura are on this. They've said numerous times in interviews that they are doing a big North American and Canadian tour this summer that will hit the major markets.

mastodon421
03-23-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm almost certain Obscura are on this. They've said numerous times in interviews that they are doing a big North American and Canadian tour this summer that will hit the major markets.

Ok cool,I didn't know that. I guarantee the last band will be a Sumerian band.

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Ok cool,I didn't know that. I guarantee the last band will be a Sumerian band.

I've also heard Misery Index as a rumored band, though this was a while ago. Arsis or Revocation would probably be good fits too.

mastodon421
03-23-2011, 12:41 PM
I've also heard Misery Index as a rumored band, though this was a while ago. Arsis or Revocation would probably be good fits too.

Arsis or Revocation would be awesome, but I doubt they will be there.

MPF
03-23-2011, 12:45 PM
I can't see Arsis being on this tour. I mean I'd love to, but I just don't see it happening.

Obscura (I didn't realize they even toured here) or Revocation would be amazing.

treghet
03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Obscura (I didn't realize they even toured here) or Revocation would be amazing.

Where were you when this happened?? :tongue:

http://www.bayareametalscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/afdtour-388x600.jpg

MPF
03-23-2011, 02:20 PM

I was about to say that there wasn't a MN show until I looked closer at the poster.

Damn where was I March 15th last year? Odds are I was either teaching a drum lesson or had a gig.

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2011, 02:42 PM
If Obscura are on this tour, then I don't even care about the quality of the rest of the line-up. My ass will be there just for them, cause they're one of my favorite bands at the moment and I still have yet to see them live.

kommie
03-23-2011, 02:49 PM
so what exactly is the 'confirmed' line up so far? cause Google-ing this shit pretty much only turns up facebook and this thread

mankvill
03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
so what exactly is the 'confirmed' line up so far? cause Google-ing this shit pretty much only turns up facebook and this thread

100% confirmed:

Dying Fetus
Fleshgod Apocalypse

Probably confirmed:

Born of Osiris

Rumored bands:

Skeletonwitch
Whitechapel
The Black Dahlia Murder

That's what I have off the top of my head.

kommie
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
here's to hoping Whitechapel don't actually headline, or even go this year.

jd091
03-23-2011, 04:08 PM
100% confirmed:

Dying Fetus
Fleshgod Apocalypse

Probably confirmed:

Born of Osiris

Rumored bands:

Skeletonwitch
Whitechapel
The Black Dahlia Murder

Darkest Hour is rumored, also.

Honestly, I can't see Born of Osiris being on this. They're just about as big of a name as Whitechapel or BDM (commercially), and I can't see SS getting that many "big" bands.

As forthe last rumored band, Obscura would make perfect sense. They need at least 1 more big tech/death name.

mastodon421
03-23-2011, 04:36 PM
I think Born Of Osiris is for sure on this. New record+Sumerian=Great chance of being on Summer Slaughter. I wouldn't be surprised if The Faceless was on it yet again either.

rjturtle9
03-23-2011, 04:48 PM
100% confirmed:

Dying FetusFleshgod Apocalypse

Probably confirmed:

Born of Osiris

Rumored bands:

Skeletonwitch
Whitechapel
The Black Dahlia Murder

If Obscura get added this tour would be a diffenent must, not that it already isn't.

AnataFan4Life
03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm usually not concerned about who's on this tour, so much as what order they will be playing in.

Statutory-Mike
03-23-2011, 06:44 PM

This was one of the funnest shows I've ever been to.

llama lom
03-23-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm usually not concerned about who's on this tour, so much as what order they will be playing in.

A mix of both for me, especially after last year. No way in hell should Vital Remains have opened.

GarageMetal468
03-25-2011, 06:40 PM
I noticed on Summer Slaughter's facebook page that there has been an abundance of people saying "OMG RINGS OF SATURN"... Just took a look at their facebook page and saw this:

OH SHIT we just got exciting news!! "LIKE" this post if you wanna see Rings of Saturn opening Summer Slaughter this year!! :'D

Well I think we just got another band confirmed.

jd091
03-25-2011, 06:47 PM
I noticed on Summer Slaughter's facebook page that there has been an abundance of people saying "OMG RINGS OF SATURN"... Just took a look at their facebook page and saw this:

OH SHIT we just got exciting news!! "LIKE" this post if you wanna see Rings of Saturn opening Summer Slaughter this year!! :'D

Well I think we just got another band confirmed.

Pretty sure that's just some shitty local band that goes around and "likes" everybody's comments tryin to promote themselves. I'm almost 100% certain I've had "Rings of Saturn" like comments I've posted on Sumerian Records facebook page (which are usually like, where the fuck is the new Faceless record and how Asking Alexandria need to be drawn and quartered)

ShatteredFlame
03-25-2011, 07:18 PM
LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtUHHk30uc)

mankvill
03-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I have a friend in California who creams herself over Rings of Saturn.

llama lom
03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Their one album has some good reviews on Metal Archives, but if they're just some local band I don't know how legit the reviews are.

EDIT: I couldn't even last through one song, it's so bad. "Spacecore"? Really?

mankvill
03-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Their one album has some good reviews on Metal Archives, but if they're just some local band I don't know how legit the reviews are.

EDIT: I couldn't even last through one song, it's so bad. "Spacecore"? Really?

Yeah. I like Braindrill, and even this is too much for me.

llama lom
03-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah. I like Braindrill, and even this is too much for me.

Same. At least Braindrill has some semblance of normality at times.

AnataFan4Life
03-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd rather it have been Revocation. That's who I voted for on their "opener" poll.

hellawaits77ny
03-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Who the hell are Rings of Saturn? I've heard of the solar system term. Who are these guys?

kommie
03-25-2011, 08:04 PM
"like"ing something on Facebook doesn't mean they'll be at Summer Slaughter. just looked up Rings of Saturn, it's just 3 people making all that noise.

AnataFan4Life
03-25-2011, 08:06 PM
The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Darkest Hour, Dying Fetus, Obscura, Born of Osiris, Skeletonwitch or 1349, Impending Doom, Fleshgod Apocalypse, and Rings of Saturn.

That appears to be ten bands right there. If all of the rumors and speculation is true, then I guess this is our lineup.

mankvill
03-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Who the hell are Rings of Saturn? I've heard of the solar system term. Who are these guys?

lame tryhard local band in california

hellawaits77ny
03-25-2011, 08:18 PM
lame tryhard local band in california

Ah. Thanks

MPF
03-25-2011, 08:24 PM
My god I must agree with the youtube comment. They are the Dragonforce of Deathcore.

Ladies and Gentlemen...We have the Attack! Attack! of 2011!

hellawaits77ny
03-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Dragonforce of Deathcore.

That makes me hate them without even hearing them.

MPF
03-25-2011, 08:49 PM
That makes me hate them without even hearing them.

I had to give it a full spin to judge it but yes.

Picture the speed of Dragonforce or Brain Drill, then add deathcore breakdowns of Suicide Silence or Attack! Attack! And you got Rings Of Saturn.

Statutory-Mike
03-25-2011, 08:51 PM
The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Darkest Hour, Dying Fetus, Obscura, Born of Osiris, Skeletonwitch or 1349, Impending Doom, Fleshgod Apocalypse, and Rings of Saturn.

That appears to be ten bands right there. If all of the rumors and speculation is true, then I guess this is our lineup.

all of these are yes

AnataFan4Life
03-25-2011, 09:38 PM
I just had a thought:

THE UNHOLY WANK TOUR:

Brain Drill
Beneath the Massacre
Viraemia
Rings of Saturn

MPF
03-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I just had a thought:

THE UNHOLY WANK TOUR:

Brain Drill
Beneath the Massacre
Viraemia
Rings of Saturn

Or any of those 4 bands plays for 2 hours. You could just pretend it was all 4 bands playing, would you be able to tell anyways? :D

hellawaits77ny
03-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I had to give it a full spin to judge it but yes.

Picture the speed of Dragonforce or Brain Drill, then add deathcore breakdowns of Suicide Silence or Attack! Attack! And you got Rings Of Saturn.

HOOOAAAAAAAGAGGHHWWWWAAAAHH (horrified shriek)!!!!

Sounds awful!

AnataFan4Life
03-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Nile
Behemoth
Job For A Cowboy
Immolation
Obscura
After the Burial
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Augury
Revocation
Burning the Masses

I still say this should be next years lineup, assuming that Nergal gets well enough to play.

MPF
03-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Nile
Behemoth
Job For A Cowboy
Immolation
Obscura
After the Burial
Augury
Revocation
Burning the Masses

I still say this should be next years lineup, assuming that Nergal gets well enough to play.

All things considered, Behemoth should headline next year, if Nergal can play. No disrespect to Nile, but if Nergal can fully beat Leukemia to the point he can get on a stage, he deserves top billing.

AnataFan4Life
03-25-2011, 10:17 PM
All things considered, Behemoth should headline next year, if Nergal can play. No disrespect to Nile, but if Nergal can fully beat Leukemia to the point he can get on a stage, he deserves top billing.

I meant for that to be a coheadlining spot, but i'm sure Behemoth would probably get top billing if they chose one headliner. Nergal coming back from conquering that disease would probably draw in ticket sales, similarly to how Decapitated coming back from the death of their drummer did last year.

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-25-2011, 10:18 PM
I just had a thought:

THE UNHOLY WANK TOUR:

Brain Drill
Beneath the Massacre
Viraemia
Rings of Saturn

Dragonforce & Wintersun to co-headline.

"Support the Unholy Wank or Herman Ri will shit on your head!"

mastodon421
03-26-2011, 04:22 AM
Rings Of Saturn is pretty lame, but if the rest of the lineup (minus Impending Doom) is true, I am very excited for Summer Slaughter.

AnataFan4Life
03-26-2011, 04:37 AM
The Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour, Dying Fetus, Obscura, Skeletonwitch/1349, and Fleshgod Apocalypse are enough the get me to go.

The rest ranges from decent to crap.

GarageMetal468
03-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Nile
Behemoth
Job For A Cowboy
Immolation
Obscura
After the Burial
Augury
Revocation
Burning the Masses

why in the FUCK is JFAC playing over the mighty Immolation?

And yeah, Rings of Saturn is pretty bad. My friend showed them to me last year and I thought it was just crap. That being said, if they're on there, lots of kids with bad haircuts are gonna be drawn in.

But yeah, official announcement is gonna be in this upcoming week.

AnataFan4Life
03-26-2011, 07:32 AM
why in the FUCK is JFAC playing over the mighty Immolation?

As much as i'd want Immolation above them, JFAC would probably get a higher spot than them because they would draw in more people.

GarageMetal468
03-26-2011, 07:35 AM
As much as i'd want Immolation above them, JFAC would probably get a higher spot than them because they would draw in more people.

Yeah I figured, it's disappointing but true, just like with core bands playing over Dying Fetus at summer slaughter 09 and probably this year too.

hellawaits77ny
03-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah I figured, it's disappointing but true, just like with core bands playing over Dying Fetus at summer slaughter 09 and probably this year too.

DF should be headlining. But they'll probably play 4th to last, before DH, Whitechapel + TBDM.

stevepwn
03-27-2011, 07:46 AM
lineup is already looking better than last years. i hope arsis and black dahlia are on in just because black dahlia are awesome live

AnataFan4Life
03-27-2011, 08:11 AM
I find it a bit odd that they chose Rings of Saturn, seeing as how they are a relatively unknown band. You'd think they would fill that spot up with a somewhat bigger name to get more sales.

mankvill
03-27-2011, 08:24 AM
I find it a bit odd that they chose Rings of Saturn, seeing as how they are a relatively unknown band. You'd think they would fill that spot up with a somewhat bigger name to get more sales.

If they are playing, it's probably just them opening their local date.

mastodon421
03-27-2011, 08:26 AM
If they are playing, it's probably just them opening their local date.

That would make sense and is a possibilty for sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were the opener for all dates either.

AnataFan4Life
03-27-2011, 08:31 AM
It's not gonna matter anyway if Obscura is there :rocker:

smokebeer420
03-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Nile
Behemoth
Job For A Cowboy
Immolation
Obscura
After the Burial
Augury
Revocation
Burning the Masses

i would be happy as fuck if Nile and Behemoth played back to back on any tour.I can already see the carnage now from them 2 playing and it makes me happy.They def need to pull that off :blaze: :party: :rocker: :drool:

AnataFan4Life
03-28-2011, 12:30 PM
i would be happy as fuck if Nile and Behemoth played back to back on any tour.I can already see the carnage now from them 2 playing and it makes me happy.They def need to pull that off :blaze: :party: :rocker: :drool:

It would be awesome as hell, plus it would be a huge draw. Behemoth's triumphant return to the stage, paired alongside Nile, one of the biggest and most well respected names in death metal. Job For a Cowboy can be the big draw for the deathcore kids. Immolation would be the "old school" band on the lineup kinda like Vader, Suffocation, and Vital Remains were in the past. Obscura could fit as the big tech-death band on the line-up. The Faceless and Born of Osiris do this tour way too much, so After the Burial could be a refreshing change as the Sumerian band. Through the Eyes of the Dead can be another draw for deathcore fans. Augury, Revocation, and Burning the Masses could round out the bill for some interesting openers.

smokebeer420
03-28-2011, 02:49 PM
It would be awesome as hell, plus it would be a huge draw. Behemoth's triumphant return to the stage, paired alongside Nile, one of the biggest and most well respected names in death metal. Job For a Cowboy can be the big draw for the deathcore kids. Immolation would be the "old school" band on the lineup kinda like Vader, Suffocation, and Vital Remains were in the past. Obscura could fit as the big tech-death band on the line-up. The Faceless and Born of Osiris do this tour way too much, so After the Burial could be a refreshing change as the Sumerian band. Through the Eyes of the Dead can be another draw for deathcore fans. Augury, Revocation, and Burning the Masses could round out the bill for some interesting openers.
True.I would go just for Nile and behemoth the rest would be a plus.I saw them at ozzfest in 07 together but nile only had like 20 mins and behemoth had like 30(didnt really get into them till mayhem) which did nethier of them any justice at all.J4ac i dont think would bring in a huge deathcore fan base cause they all think they changed to more straight death metal but most metal kids think there still deathcore,id enjoy them regardless but your pretty much right on for the rest of the bands but id rather morbid angel than immolation and maybe instead of btm go with abysmal dawn there new cd is pretty fucking good and i know this wont happen but BloodBath would be fucking epic.

hellawaits77ny
03-28-2011, 04:59 PM
J4ac i dont think would bring in a huge deathcore fan base cause they all think they changed to more straight death metal but most metal kids think there still deathcore,id enjoy them regardless but your pretty much right on for the rest of the bands but id rather morbid angel than immolation

Agree with both points. JFAC is NOT deathcore, they're modern death metal. But yeah, they'd bring in the idiot scene kids who will egt boners for the only 2 songs they play from 'Doom' (which is their only deathcore releas), Knee Deep + Entombment of a Machine, and hate everything from Genesis and Ruination.

Morbid Angel over pretty much anybody IMO.

AnataFan4Life
03-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Getting pretty anxious for the announcement >_>

smokebeer420
03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
i just want them to get dying fetus to play this year and ill be one happy camper :D

GarageMetal468
03-28-2011, 06:05 PM
i just want them to get dying fetus to play this year and ill be one happy camper :D

Dying Fetus is confirmed lol

and AnataFan4Life I saw you post that lineup on the SS facebook page. That is one sick lineup, and it's also fun as hell to troll scene kids and deathcore fanboys on that page!

smokebeer420
03-28-2011, 06:16 PM
i think i just busted a nut.Thank you for telling me df is confirmed

AnataFan4Life
03-30-2011, 04:28 AM
I wonder if they're gonna wait till friday and give us a fake april fools lineup before giving us the real one?

jd091
03-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Agree with both points. JFAC is NOT deathcore, they're modern death metal. But yeah, they'd bring in the idiot scene kids who will egt boners for the only 2 songs they play from 'Doom' (which is their only deathcore releas), Knee Deep + Entombment of a Machine, and hate everything from Genesis and Ruination.

Morbid Angel over pretty much anybody IMO.

Eh, I would consider Genesis deathcore, but Ruination is definitely straight up death metal, as you said. I don't think there's a single breakdown on the whole album.

idrinkwine732
03-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Eh, I would consider Genesis deathcore, but Ruination is definitely straight up death metal, as you said. I don't think there's a single breakdown on the whole album.

Still bad.

smokebeer420
03-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Still bad. I thought ruination was amazing and one of my favorites from 09

hellawaits77ny
03-30-2011, 04:06 PM

I think Genesis has some elements of deathcore, but I still consder it death metal. But whatever you wanna consider it, I like both Genesis + Ruination. Looking forward to their new EP

idrinkwine732
03-30-2011, 05:00 PM
I thought ruination was amazing and one of my favorites from 09

Clearly, I disagree.

AnataFan4Life
03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Some of the posts people make on the Summer Slaughter Facebook page are just laughable. It makes for an entertaining read :D

AnataFan4Life
03-31-2011, 03:31 AM
According to the Facebook page, they are announcing the lineup within the next 24 hours.

Also, there's going to be a list of eleven bands, ten signed and one unsigned, that you can choose from and whoever wins will be the opening band.

treghet
03-31-2011, 04:14 AM
According to the Facebook page, they are announcing the lineup within the next 24 hours.

Also, there's going to be a list of eleven bands, ten signed and one unsigned, that you can choose from and whoever wins will be the opening band.

Well that would explain Rings of Saturn then. I really hope they don't end up on it.

AnataFan4Life
03-31-2011, 04:38 AM
Hopefully they'll have some good bands to choose from like Revocation or Augury.

brutal_descent
03-31-2011, 05:09 AM
Or it could be the best opener of all time...

The Russian deathcore legends...

Known all over the Russian dark alleyways of the metal community...

The one and only...

EASE OF DISGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-31-2011, 05:46 AM
JFAC is NOT deathcore, they're a boy band with guitars.

Fixed.

Dying Fetus is confirmed

Meh. I'd rather see the real Suffocation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpUHfjXb-6Q

^ Staggeringly heavy.

Suffocation for Summer Slaughter '11!

kommie
03-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Please O Flying Spaghetti Monster, don't have some shitty Deathcore(I just said the same thing twice!) band headline this, I'm sure some will be on it, just don't have any headline. Bloodbath to headline!

jd091
03-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Please O Flying Spaghetti Monster, don't have some shitty Deathcore(I just said the same thing twice!) band headline this, I'm sure some will be on it, just don't have any headline. Bloodbath to headline!

Whitechapel's gonna headline. Sorry. I would kill to see Bloodbath headline, but that's not gonna happen.

jd091
03-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Or it could be the best opener of all time...

The Russian deathcore legends...

Known all over the Russian dark alleyways of the metal community...

The one and only...

EASE OF DISGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

lol wut