PDA

View Full Version : FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE CONFIRMED FOR SUMMER SLAUGHTER 2011

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Bergman101
04-22-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm down. Conducting is awesome! I voted them, Revocation and Contortionist!

smearCampaign
04-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Ok, so at this point how about Skeletonwitch, 1349, Augury and Revocation do their own summer tour and call it A Midsummer Night Massacre or something. Actually, that sounds like some horrible deathcore band name.

llama lom
04-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Ok, so at this point how about Skeletonwitch, 1349, Augury and Revocation do their own summer tour and call it A Midsummer Night Massacre or something. Actually, that sounds like some horrible deathcore band name.

I'm still confused about Skeletonwitch. They must have had a good reason from dropping from Wacken, otherwise it'd be the stupidest thing ever. There has to be some other tour going on, either something like this or Ozzfest or whatever.

But yeah, this would be an awesome tour.

jd091
04-22-2011, 10:56 AM
That's the best ideah I've heard in a long time. And no, that sounds like a sick name for a tour!

larvtard
04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
And no, that sounds like a sick name for a tour!

Well, you listen to horrible deathcore, so... ;)

jd091
04-22-2011, 12:36 PM

:ass:

smokebeer420
04-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I think that would be a good name for a tour and when are they gonna say who the opneing band is?

kommie
04-22-2011, 02:17 PM

all deathcore is horrible, so.....

larvtard
04-22-2011, 02:20 PM
all deathcore is horrible, so.....

GET THE REFERENCE BRO

jd091
04-22-2011, 02:32 PM
GET THE REFERENCE BRO
:lol:

http://fuck-you-im-an-anteater.com/img/fuck-you-im-an-anteater.jpg

larvtard
04-22-2011, 04:16 PM
:lol:

http://fuck-you-im-an-anteater.com/img/fuck-you-im-an-anteater.jpg

:lol: wtf is that meme supposed to mean :lol:

jd091
04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
:lol: wtf is that meme supposed to mean :lol:

Exactly!

jd091
04-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Just found one of the biggest displays of douchebag asshattery EVER on the Summer Slaughter Facebook wall. Either this guy is the world's greatest troll, or the world's most retarded fuckhead. I'm putting my money on the latter.

https://mail.google.com/mail/h/13qq0k2nbgs6i/?view=att&th=12f805a0abd9e1f2&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

AnataFan4Life
04-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Just found one of the biggest displays of douchebag asshattery EVER on the Summer Slaughter Facebook wall. Either this guy is the world's greatest troll, or the world's most retarded fuckhead. I'm putting my money on the latter.

https://mail.google.com/mail/h/13qq0k2nbgs6i/?view=att&th=12f805a0abd9e1f2&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

link?

jd091
04-22-2011, 08:47 PM
link?

Here's the link to the Summer Slaughter facebook, I don't know if I can link directly to this post since its on the wall. It was posted at 4:23 pm, so 6 hours ago from now. (http://www.facebook.com/SummerSlaughterTour)

larvtard
04-22-2011, 08:58 PM

this guy?

"All you old motherfuckers need to understand that all the older metal bands have had their time to headline and play their own tours, now it's time for the newer metal bands to start headlining. So stop fuckin complaining about how dying fetus should be headlining and shit, that just means that you can leave earlier and then we can really mosh with all of the old ass fat motherfuckers out of the place."

AnataFan4Life
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Is it the guy talking about the older bands having their time to headline or something like that?

kommie
04-22-2011, 09:02 PM
if Dying Fetus were to headline, those people would be bitching that Rings of Saturn should headline, no one's ever really happy.

jd091
04-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Is it the guy talking about the older bands having their time to headline or something like that?

The Summer Slaughter facebook page is having a war right now:

Side 1:
All us true, dedicated metalheads who loved SS for the awesome blend of death and tech death it had. It was an great summer tour outlet for us against mainstream tours, a la Warped, Mayhem Fest, Atticus Metal, etc.

Side 2:
The kids. Most are 16, maybe 17, possibly 15. They are "OMG SO STOKED" for this tour. Deathcore galore. I mean, I'll be the first one to defend deathcore on this forum because I like a lot of the bands, but these kids are just a stain to the name of metal. High and mighty, they denounce other metal as "ohh so shitty man eww", while praising "WHite chapel is sOOOO hardcore im gonna slam so hard to that shit : DDDDDDDD <333"

Our friend here is of the second breed, complaining that, I quote,

"all the older metal bands have had their time to headline and play their own tours, now it's time for the newer metal bands to start headlining."

Ummm. What. The. FUCK?!?!! :mad:

I don't know what in the world gives him the notion that "old" metal bands, aka good death metal and tech bands like Necrophagist, Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Ensiferum, Kataklysm, Vader, Decapitated, Immolation, need to stop headlining great tours, just because of how old they are. Wait, I'm not allowed to enjoy a band because of their age? I HAVE to listen to new music, and let new bands take spots of old bands? Fuck you, man. Fuck you so hard. He's just brain dead. I can't believe someone would actually hold that point. Ever.

So, to you Mr. Dylan Tracy:
:bigfinger

kommie
04-22-2011, 09:57 PM
if you look at that guy's profile, it looks almost like he was a Whitechapel poster behind him, so yeah. Wow, just watched one of Whitechapel's videos and there are some small parts with 'hardcore' dancing in it. Still have no idea how people can like Whitechapel.

llama lom
04-22-2011, 10:06 PM
The newest Whitechapel is what all deathcore bands should strive for. It's completely different from what all other deathcore bands have put out IMO.

hellawaits77ny
04-22-2011, 10:07 PM
So, to you Mr. Dylan Tracy:
:bigfinger

Yep. Fuck him

GarageMetal468
04-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Seriously, the summer slaughter facebook page is the biggest disappointment I've seen since the actual lineup this year was announced. I hate to ask it, but is this what the future of metal is going to look like? Fucking everyone flaming the older bands and worshiping the watered down rip offs of the older bands but are too ignorant to realize it? This is just sad. Guess all the U.S. has left for a good metal festival is Maryland Deathfest, at least that won't be filled with bad haircuts and beginner karate moves.

combustion07
04-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Seriously, the summer slaughter facebook page is the biggest disappointment I've seen since the actual lineup this year was announced. I hate to ask it, but is this what the future of metal is going to look like? Fucking everyone flaming the older bands and worshiping the watered down rip offs of the older bands but are too ignorant to realize it? This is just sad. Guess all the U.S. has left for a good metal festival is Maryland Deathfest, at least that won't be filled with bad haircuts and beginner karate moves.

Give it a couple of years :eyes:

jd091
04-22-2011, 11:23 PM

this

The newest Whitechapel is what all deathcore bands should strive for. It's completely different from what all other deathcore bands have put out IMO.

I see what you're saying, but I don't know how much to the extent I agree. Is Whitechapel a "better" band after changing styles? I guess. But do I enjoy the new album as much as I do The Somatic Defilement? Not one bit. For me, Whitechapel pioneered that generic, typical breakdown sound of deathcore, and most other bands try to blatantly rip them off. Call me crazy, but I love that album.

I would say that I like moreso the direction Job For A Cowboy took with Ruination; that album was straight up death/tech death, and it was so much better than the stuff they put out before. If more bands went that direction, I would be fine. Although there a couple excellent deathcore bands that play deathcore- namely All Shall Perish. ASP's first album was very "meh", but the last couple they've done have been incredible. I can't wait to see what they put out this year.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, I still feel that deathcore has absolutely no business being on Summer Slaughter. This year's lineup makes me feel a little sick to what this tour has become, and the validity of its future.

Now, here's an idea I have: THE GREAT NORTH AMERICAN PILLAGE TOUR (folk metal!)

Ensiferum, Tyr, Finntroll, Turisas, Wintersun! :shred:

treghet
04-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I see what you're saying, but I don't know how much to the extent I agree. Is Whitechapel a "better" band after changing styles? I guess. But do I enjoy the new album as much as I do The Somatic Defilement? Not one bit. For me, Whitechapel pioneered that generic, typical breakdown sound of deathcore, and most other bands try to blatantly rip them off. Call me crazy, but I love that album.

Although there a couple excellent deathcore bands that play deathcore- namely All Shall Perish. ASP's first album was very "meh", but the last couple they've done have been incredible. I can't wait to see what they put out this year.

I would argue that All Shall Perish was more of a pioneer of that style and Whitechapel merely popularized it. Hate.Malice.Revenge came out in 2003 and The Somatic Defilement came out in 2007 (although most of it was written in 2006). All Shall Perish laid the foundation for that generic sound, but The Somatic Defilement had much more of an impact on the scene, just as Suicide Silence's album, The Cleansing. I think 2007 was the year the genre exploded, with Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, and Carnifex all releasing their first albums.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, I still feel that deathcore has absolutely no business being on Summer Slaughter. This year's lineup makes me feel a little sick to what this tour has become, and the validity of its future.

I sort of agree with this. As much as I would love the tour to be devoid of deathcore, Ash (of Sumerian Records) is the one who puts it together, so it's inevitable that there will be deathcore on it.

hellawaits77ny
04-23-2011, 12:06 AM
I would argue that All Shall Perish was more of a pioneer of that style and Whitechapel merely popularized it. Hate.Malice.Revenge came out in 2003 and The Somatic Defilement came out in 2007 (although most of it was written in 2006). All Shall Perish laid the foundation for that generic sound, but The Somatic Defilement had much more of an impact on the scene, just as Suicide Silence's album, The Cleansing. I think 2007 was the year the genre exploded, with Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, and Carnifex all releasing their first albums.

Yes. HMR was the first "modern" deathcore album I can think of. I liked it, but I like The Price Of Existence and Awaken The Dreamers much more. I'm excited for the release of their new album.

What suprises me about deathcore so much is how such generic Whitechapel ripoffs are becoming popular. I mean I like Whitechapel, but they're so generic themselves, and the kids dig it so much.

Because of the popularity of deathcore keeps increasing, I respect Job For A Cowboy even more. I said this in my review of their Montreal show; they could have continued making deathcore records, and continued to be THE deathcore band. They have lost a lot of popularity the past 2 years because of it. Yes, Ruination was a fantastic, successful album. But have a look at their facebook page : Kids bitching "yo where are the pig squeals? yall used to be da best!!!11" . Not that it really matters, I still think they'll sell a lot when their new EP comes out, but the popularity of deathcore is starting to scare me. Dude, DYING FETUS IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS LINEUP! That's all that needs to be said (and has many times, LOL).

jd091
04-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Dude, DYING FETUS IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS LINEUP! That's all that needs to be said (and has many times, LOL).

This, again! :lol: Last year, frickin' Decapitated headlined it, and Vitek has been dead since 2007! DF has to be more popular than Decapitated, especially newer Decapitated. This is total shit that they're in the middle (although I have no qualms with Black Dahlia headlining, I love that band).

I would argue that All Shall Perish was more of a pioneer of that style and Whitechapel merely popularized it. Hate.Malice.Revenge came out in 2003 and The Somatic Defilement came out in 2007 (although most of it was written in 2006). All Shall Perish laid the foundation for that generic sound, but The Somatic Defilement had much more of an impact on the scene, just as Suicide Silence's album, The Cleansing.

Ahhh... I didn't realize Hate.Malice.Revenge came out that early. In that case, yes, All Shall Perish really did start deathcore. I don't even think Doom by JFAC came out until 2004, which I always considered to be the first deathcore record. I agree that deathcore as we know it was started by Whitechapel in 2006; they had a very distinct, simple sound compared to the muddiness and noise of Hate.Malice.Revenge and the more melodic, metalcore-like progressions of Doom. All in my opinion, of course.

mastodon421
04-23-2011, 04:30 AM
A lot of good points in this thread and I pretty much agree with everything said. The Summer Slaughter tour page is pretty disgraceful. I honestly can't even believe some of the garbage kids are saying. I know this been said a million times, but deathcore kids piss me off so fucking much. I mean I like some deathcore, but a lot of the fans are just so fucking ignorant. I know people personally that pretty much only like deathcore and they are nothing likes punk bitches running their mouths spewing ignorant garbage. I'm all for difference of opinion, but one think I can't deal with is blatant ignorance.

On the topic of the lineup, I am just happy that Black Dahlia Murder is headlining this. They are a real fucking death metal band and I can't even tell you how much it excites they are headlining this over Whitechapel. I have nothing against Whitechapel, they just shouldn't be headlining a tour of this nature. Bottom line is I will still go to this tour, it's just somewhat dissapointing that it will attract some of these ignorant motherfuckers that ruin everyone's fun.

Steev
04-23-2011, 06:22 AM
When it comes down to it I'm just happy Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour, and Powerglove are playing together

JuuKun
04-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Now, here's an idea I have: THE GREAT NORTH AMERICAN PILLAGE TOUR (folk metal!)

Ensiferum, Tyr, Finntroll, Turisas, Wintersun! :shred:

No thnx except for Wintersun. I like all of the above, but the Folk Metal bands that are doing pretty well over here (Finntroll, Ensiferum, etc) need to stop touring together, capitalize on the current popularity of Folk Metal, and bring over other bands that haven't had the chance. I could see a Finntroll/Manegarm tour going over unbelievably well. Ensiferum/Equilibrium. Primordial/Moonsorrow/Thyrfing (I'm not sure either Primordial or Moonsorrow are big enough over here to headline by themselves, but together they might be able to pull it off doing smaller venues).

Back on topic, I'll not be going to SS this year. I like Fleshgod, and Dying Fetus are alright, used to like em more than I do now. Other than that, don't have any interest in Black Dahlia Murder, Darkest Hour, Whitechapel, etc., so I'll be passing.

kommie
04-23-2011, 08:19 AM
it'd be a shame for Wintersun to be the OPENING band.

jd091
04-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Oh shit! I forgot that Powerglove is playing a special halftime event!

POKeMOOoooooOoON! :rocker:

AnataFan4Life
04-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Where exactly are Powerglove fitting in the lineup?

Steev
04-23-2011, 12:00 PM

probably right smack in the middle(definately before Six Feet Under and some of the bigger names)

think Gwar the 1st two years of Sounds Of The Underground

Steev
04-23-2011, 12:10 PM
and yes the FB page is hilarious, then again so is the page for any festival/tour in the US

people here reeeeeally like to complain

jd091
04-23-2011, 01:03 PM
and yes the FB page is hilarious, then again so is the page for any festival/tour in the US

people here reeeeeally like to complain

TERMINATE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE :fist:

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-23-2011, 01:21 PM

In the parking lot.

kommie
04-23-2011, 06:50 PM
rose funeral faggots posted again

AnataFan4Life
04-23-2011, 07:07 PM
rose funeral faggots posted again

They are just desperate to get people to like them aren't they?

AnataFan4Life
04-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I just made a post on the SS wall saying that they are all morons.

First reply? "fagg"

:tp:

jd091
04-23-2011, 07:44 PM

First reply? "fagg"

I just agreed with your post!
:dance:

larvtard
04-23-2011, 07:45 PM

First reply? "fagg"

OMG NOW I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

But yeah, there are way too many idiots on here....

larvtard
04-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I just agreed with your post!
:dance:

NOW I KNOW WHO YOU ARE... JOHN DAVIDSON

jd091
04-23-2011, 07:48 PM
NOW I KNOW WHO YOU ARE... JOHN DAVIDSON

Are you Ben Braunstein? :cool: :allan:

larvtard
04-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Are you Ben Braunstein? :cool: :allan:

Yeah, that's me. :D

jd091
04-23-2011, 07:55 PM
I have new facebook friends!
:lovedup:

:dorky:

AnataFan4Life
04-23-2011, 07:57 PM
We're all facebook official now >_>

jd091
04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
We're all facebook official now >_>

:hug:

bt11763
04-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Sweet, I really, REALLY, wanted Revocation or the Contortionist, but CFTG is a solid band. Leagues and bounds better than Rings of Saturn, or Within the Ruins.

*leaps* and bounds ;)

jd091
04-23-2011, 08:33 PM
*leaps* and bounds ;)

LEAGUES

bt11763
04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
LEAGUES

20,000 leaps under the sea

bt11763
04-23-2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/in+leaps+and+bounds

ba-boom

http://endurojet.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/grammar-nazi.jpeg

jd091
04-23-2011, 09:05 PM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/in+leaps+and+bounds

ba-boom

http://endurojet.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/grammar-nazi.jpeg

Haha no, you're totally correct. I'm a member of the grammar nazi Reich also, you see.

AnataFan4Life
04-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Once again, Rose Funolol are trying to get people to like them again.

orlandodavis
04-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Once again, Rose Funolol are trying to get people to like them again.

Rose Funeral likes this.

AnataFan4Life
04-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I will LOL if they actually make a reference to Uno on their next album.

jd091
04-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I still can't get over how Skeletonwitch didn't make it on this lineup. They are more perfect for this tour than almost everyone. One of my favorite bands, and I have yet to see them live. Fuck.

At least we get, you know, Oceano and As Blood Runs Black. I'm totally satisfied with them over the mighty skeletontits.

bt11763
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
I still can't get over how Skeletonwitch didn't make it on this lineup. They are more perfect for this tour than almost everyone. One of my favorite bands, and I have yet to see them live. Fuck.

At least we get, you know, Oceano and As Blood Runs Black. I'm totally satisfied with them over the mighty skeletontits.

something definitely fell through with them, because they posted on their page if we would rather skeletonwitch or 1349 on the tour months ago.

AnataFan4Life
04-25-2011, 01:31 PM
I think this year had potential to be great, but alot of the good bands fell through, so they had to scrape around for what they could get, thus resulting in a lackluster lineup.

NecroRob
04-25-2011, 01:45 PM
The Summer Slaughter Tour
Attn Kansas area!! Should we add WICHITA or LAWRENCE on August 3?
12 hours ago

Manks, looks like your dreams have come true!

jd091
04-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I think this year had potential to be great, but alot of the good bands fell through, so they had to scrape around for what they could get, thus resulting in a lackluster lineup.

Actually, I disagree completely with this. You really think that good bands fell through, and thats why the lineup looks like this?

Look. Deathcore sells more now. Its more popular. More kids coming to the show = more money for the guys booking it, so thats why we got Whitechapel up top with Black Dahlia. Actually, Whitechapel is easily twice as popular as BDM, and I'm incredibly surprised they actually booked them behind just because of the pure popularity they have with the kids these days.

Take the Cleveland date, for example. Every year its been held at Peabody's, this little awesome hole in the wall thats the best venue in Cleveland. This year, its moving up to the House of Blues, a venue that can easily hold 4-5 times the amount of people that Peabody's can. The people booking a tour wanted these bands, they didn't scrape for what they could get. In the process, the hardcore death metal fan got screwed over.

mankvill
04-25-2011, 03:43 PM
12 hours ago

Not mine! It would be cool, but I know some peopel would freak out over this!

AnataFan4Life
04-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Just curious, but which year has sold the most tickets so far?

mankvill
04-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Just curious, but which year has sold the most tickets so far?

I would assume either 2008 or 2009

Nick_to_the_face
04-25-2011, 06:57 PM
12 hours ago

lawrence, dammit

smokebeer420
04-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Actually, I disagree completely with this. You really think that good bands fell through, and thats why the lineup looks like this?

Look. Deathcore sells more now. Its more popular. More kids coming to the show = more money for the guys booking it, so thats why we got Whitechapel up top with Black Dahlia. Actually, Whitechapel is easily twice as popular as BDM, and I'm incredibly surprised they actually booked them behind just because of the pure popularity they have with the kids these days.

Take the Cleveland date, for example. Every year its been held at Peabody's, this little awesome hole in the wall thats the best venue in Cleveland. This year, its moving up to the House of Blues, a venue that can easily hold 4-5 times the amount of people that Peabody's can. The people booking a tour wanted these bands, they didn't scrape for what they could get. In the process, the hardcore death metal fan got screwed over.
I agree and disagree with you on this,I think regardless they would have gotten whitechapel to play no matter who else was on the bill,But i do think they did scrape around for bands after skelentonwitch and 1349 dropped off.Im 100% sure that if both sw and 1349 were on this bill that oceano or abrb or maybe sfu wouldnt be on the tour,so i think they just got a few shitty bands that are popular to play cause to make up for ticket sales(white chapel not being apart of this cause they would have been on this tourregardless)

AnataFan4Life
04-26-2011, 11:15 AM
I was mainly referring to bands like Oceano and ABRB when I said that. I completely understand them getting Whitechapel though. I had mentioned this before, but my friend tried to go see them and the show sold out while he was waiting in line.

I think it's only a matter of time before Suicide Silence is headlining this :barf:

jd091
04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
I think it's only a matter of time before Suicide Silence is headlining this :barf:

It already happened.

http://i28.tinypic.com/t728lf.jpg

smokebeer420
04-26-2011, 12:15 PM
It already happened.

http://i28.tinypic.com/t728lf.jpg

good thing that hasnt happened here yet

AnataFan4Life
04-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah good thing it hasn't happened...yet.

I'm surprised they haven't gotten Cannibal Corpse for this yet.

mastodon421
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah good thing it hasn't happened...yet.

I'm surprised they haven't gotten Cannibal Corpse for this yet.

Cannibal has a new record due out next year, so maybe they will headline next year.

GarageMetal468
04-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Cannibal has a new record due out next year, so maybe they will headline next year.

I hope. Maybe they'll put 1349 and Skeletonwitch on there next year as well since they've all toured together. And maybe the scene fad will start to die out by then too...

kommie
04-26-2011, 06:26 PM
I hope. Maybe they'll put 1349 and Skeletonwitch on there next year as well since they've all toured together. And maybe the scene fad will start to die out by then too...

it won't so long as FaceBook users are the one's screaming for the shit bands. if it weren't for the FaceBook input, it might not be so bad. I hate FaceBook

mankvill
04-26-2011, 07:48 PM

CC, 1349 and Skeletontits toured together last year!

Also CC is way too big for Summer Slaughter

OraclesofAgony
04-26-2011, 08:28 PM
What would be awesome is if Behemoth headlined next year.

MPF
04-26-2011, 08:33 PM
What would be awesome is if Behemoth headlined next year.

No I'd rather have them not tour with some shitty Deathcore bands.

Nick_to_the_face
04-26-2011, 09:28 PM
You know...I might go to this. I actually like ABRB, and Manks said SFU are playing old school CC songs..plus Fleshgod Apocalypse kicksass, and BDM has a helluva show live

OraclesofAgony
04-26-2011, 09:51 PM
No I'd rather have them not tour with some shitty Deathcore bands.

Yeah, good point.

The good thing about Summer Slaughter though (well for people in So Cal at least) is that they usually play at SOMA in San Diego where the tickets are really cheap and you don't get hit with any BS fees. For some reason though they didn't book that venue this year.

jd091
04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
You know...I might go to this. I actually like ABRB, and Manks said SFU are playing old school CC songs..plus Fleshgod Apocalypse kicksass, and BDM has a helluva show live

Screw the deathcore bands, if you pass up an opportunity to see Dahlia at any time, I paint you a fool.

kommie
04-27-2011, 04:13 AM
Screw the deathcore bands, if you pass up an opportunity to see Dahlia at any time, I paint you a fool.

call me a fool then cause I don't care for them at all, much less stand through lots of shit to see em.

GarageMetal468
04-27-2011, 07:40 AM
it won't so long as FaceBook users are the one's screaming for the shit bands. if it weren't for the FaceBook input, it might not be so bad. I hate FaceBook

There is no way that they based off this year's lineup from facebook. Sure, with all the scene kids I see still posting their Within the Ruins and Rings of Saturn votes on there it would make sense, but I think they wanted to do something different and appeal to a different crowd.

And I hope that they realize that it's a fucking mistake and bring back the awesomeness that was 2009's lineup.

llama lom
04-27-2011, 08:38 AM
There is no way that they based off this year's lineup from facebook. Sure, with all the scene kids I see still posting their Within the Ruins and Rings of Saturn votes on there it would make sense, but I think they wanted to do something different and appeal to a different crowd.

And I hope that they realize that it's a fucking mistake and bring back the awesomeness that was 2009's lineup.

As much as I'd like this to happen, it's probably going to be sales based. If this year manages to get more money than the 08 and 09 lineups, then sadly I have the feeling this is going to end up like Mayhem Fest.

Nick_to_the_face
04-27-2011, 09:02 AM

Hey..I like ABRB :cool:

And i'm not :finger: I've seen them twice and good jesus, they kick some major ass
and as long as this hits up Lawrence, I'm going. :D

jd091
04-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Hey..I like ABRB :cool:

And i'm not :finger: I've seen them twice and good jesus, they kick some major ass
and as long as this hits up Lawrence, I'm going. :D

I wasn't necessarily saying "screw deathcore", more like "If you hate deathcore screw the fact that there is deathcore on this tour, Black Dahlia is still playing and you would be foolish to pass them up".

GarageMetal468
04-27-2011, 09:46 AM
As much as I'd like this to happen, it's probably going to be sales based. If this year manages to get more money than the 08 and 09 lineups, then sadly I have the feeling this is going to end up like Mayhem Fest.

Yeah you've got a very good point there. Maybe an annual death metal or even thrash metal U.S. touring festival could pop up for death/thrash fans. I'm just saying that this is a mistake because there's enough core on Mayhem Fest and Warped Tour, there really is no need for another core festival.

llama lom
04-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah you've got a very good point there. Maybe an annual death metal or even thrash metal U.S. touring festival could pop up for death/thrash fans. I'm just saying that this is a mistake because there's enough core on Mayhem Fest and Warped Tour, there really is no need for another core festival.

Yeah this would be awesome. As much as I love that all these bands can manage to do their own tours and still have some success, I think an annual tour would be so much better for both sides.

Nick_to_the_face
04-27-2011, 11:51 AM
I wasn't necessarily saying "screw deathcore", more like "If you hate deathcore screw the fact that there is deathcore on this tour, Black Dahlia is still playing and you would be foolish to pass them up".

Haha I know, I knew you wouldn't rag on deathcore you know since you like poop like White Chapel ;)

jd091
04-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Haha I know, I knew you wouldn't rag on deathcore you know since you like poop like White Chapel ;)

It's spelled "Whitechapel"! :fingers:

llama lom
04-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Opening band is being announced tonight.

AnataFan4Life
04-27-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up about the opening band.

jd091
04-27-2011, 06:14 PM

I reached that point a long time ago.

Honestly, being pragmatic, I really hope it's Conducting From the Grave. They're pretty decent deathcore.

kommie
04-27-2011, 06:17 PM

you should like, totally edit the first post and put all the info about summer slaughter in it as it's not really in this thread until page 50-something.

jd091
04-27-2011, 06:20 PM
you should like, totally edit the first post and put all the info about summer slaughter in it as it's not really in this thread until page 50-something.

Good point. I for one am down if we make a new thread, with all the dates and the whole lineup on it, but whatever. I've been posting the hell out of this thread for months, I don't have much more to say about Summer Slaughter this year.

kommie
04-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Good point. I for one am down if we make a new thread, with all the dates and the whole lineup on it, but whatever. I've been posting the hell out of this thread for months, I don't have much more to say about Summer Slaughter this year.

there was another one, but I dunno if it was deleted, locked or what. It'd be awesome if Revocation opened, but unlikely.

jd091
04-27-2011, 06:29 PM
It'd be awesome if Revocation opened, but unlikely.

Agree wholeheartedly, but this is what happens when you turn it into a popularity contest. Fuck.

kommie
04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Agree wholeheartedly, but this is what happens when you turn it into a popularity contest. Fuck.

considering I might be able to win free tickets to this (the venue gives out free tickets to shows on a weekly basis, you gotta e-mail em ASAP with what show you wanna go to) I'd go for the opener if it were Revo, maybe The Contortionist, and Fleshgod(only band I really like on it this year) for sure, and then leave, not worth having to see 2 shit deathcore bands in a row to see DF(I like em) and be amused by SFU to leave after them.

AnataFan4Life
04-27-2011, 06:48 PM
If I go, i'd probably show up a bit late considering the opener will probably be Within the Ruins, but not too late or else I will miss Fleshgod, which would be bad since they are one of my main reasons for even considering going alongside Dying Fetus, Darkest Hour, and The Black Dahlia Murder.

llama lom
04-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Within the Ruins is opening. This may change whether I go. Here's how everyone voted: http://pad.indiemerch.com/b/ss2011-votes.pdf

The interesting thing is that they did this based on position, with first pick getting four points, second getting two, and third getting one. I don't even think half the people that voted did it like this, and at least I don't remember Summer Slaughter saying to rank your picks. The page doesn't even tell you how many points each band got.

Northern_Shaman
04-27-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't understand a lot of the posters here. Why do you guys want 1-2 excellent bands to be put on such shitty tours? To spend full-price money for less than an hour of decent music? I don't get it. Personally, I love it when a tour is 100% shitty. No temptation to go at all > slight temptation for a horrible deal. It also lets the actual decent tours pick up better openers as well.

I just... Don't get it. I see it around here often. Saw it with the Mayhem fest too. Even people saying stuff like 'God, Mayhem is going to suck this year. Wish they'd at least get _________', as if that would completely make up for it.

Explain yourselves!

jd091
04-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Within the Ruins is opening. This may change whether I go. Here's how everyone voted: http://pad.indiemerch.com/b/ss2011-votes.pdf

The interesting thing is that they did this based on position, with first pick getting four points, second getting two, and third getting one. I don't even think half the people that voted did it like this, and at least I don't remember Summer Slaughter saying to rank your picks. The page doesn't even tell you how many points each band got.

FUCK. At least its not Rings of Saturn.

Kind of thought Conducting was gonna get it. I would have preferred them. Thats really cool that they did put the list up, I found my name. Contortionist, Revocation, and Augury, and DAMN PROUD OF IT. Within the Ruins do nothing for me, I find them so boring.

Now I need to catch Revocation and The Contortionist some other time, I still need to see both those bands live.

OraclesofAgony
04-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Oh well, I'll probably see Revocation on that Forbidden tour anyways.

jd091
04-28-2011, 12:20 AM
I don't understand a lot of the posters here. Why do you guys want 1-2 excellent bands to be put on such shitty tours? To spend full-price money for less than an hour of decent music? I don't get it. Personally, I love it when a tour is 100% shitty. No temptation to go at all > slight temptation for a horrible deal. It also lets the actual decent tours pick up better openers as well.

I just... Don't get it. I see it around here often. Saw it with the Mayhem fest too. Even people saying stuff like 'God, Mayhem is going to suck this year. Wish they'd at least get _________', as if that would completely make up for it.

Explain yourselves!

Black Dahlia, Dying Fetus, 6FU, Darkest Hour, and Fleshgod are all good. Definitely worth a ticket price. Its still a "good" tour, I haven't given hope up on it yet. Thats at least an hour from Dahlia, 30 minutes from Fetus, 6FU, DH, and Fleshgod, which = 3 hours of solid metal, not 1.

And for me personally, I enjoy Whitechapel, and probably won't mind sitting back and watching As Blood Runs Black and Within The Ruins. So Whitechapel is around another good 30-45 of enjoyment, and I can relax for 2 bands. The only band I really don't want to witness at all is Oceano. Overall, well worth the price.

Sure, I would prefer that the good death metal/tech bands came together and formed their own tour as an alternative (http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/2182756/Summer+Slaughter+Tour+2007.jpg), but I'll take what I can get. My :2cents:.

hellawaits77ny
04-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Now I need to catch Revocation and The Contortionist some other time, I still need to see both those bands live.

Was planning on catching The Contortionist this weekend, but I have a buddy coming back home for the weekend, so figured it's gotta happen on the same weekend.

I agree w/ you on your points about why you'll enjoy this tour. True it's not as good as say, 2009's tour, but Dying Fetus is one of my favorite bands, and I like Whitechapel, SFU, and to an extent, BDM. For a ~$25 ticket, that's not a bad deal.

mankvill
04-28-2011, 01:37 AM
"The Summer Slaughter Tour
How stoked would you be for a SLAUGHTER SURVIVORS TOUR featuring Conducting From The Grave, Rings of Saturn, The Contortionist, Volumes and Structures?"

looks like all you people wanting a terrible tour are getting it.

hellawaits77ny
04-28-2011, 03:21 AM

Dude, I think I agree w/ pretty much everything you say. The past few nights, I took some time and listened to both 'This Is Exile' and 'A New Era of Corruption' in their entirties. I've listened to 'The Somatic Defilement' many times, but never the 2 newer ones all the way through. And I totally agree: TSD is just straight-up brutal deathcore. Grabs you right by the balls and doesn't let go:horns:. SO many bands have tried to rip that sound off, and do sound like them, but for whatever reason, it sounds like garbage to me when those imitators do it.

TIE was kinda 'blah' to me. I liked Posession quite a bit, that was the only song that really stood out to me. ANEOC is better. And like the guy before said, they took themselves to a new direction. Not neccessarily melodic, but more structured and "skillful", I guess. While I do like the album, and it's better than This Is Exile, it still doesn't come close to The Somatic Defilement IMO. Can't really put my finger on it, cause it's still heavy and shit, it just doesn't sound as good to my ears.

And I remember you posted this back in setlist thread, it's a Goddamn shame they were only playing 2 songs from TSD on their last tour. Granted, Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation is my favorite WC song, they gotta play more than 2 on SS.

masterguy49
04-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Fucking dammit, they spelled my last name wrong on the voter's list :flame:

brutal_descent
04-28-2011, 03:27 AM
LINCOLN NORTH REVO AUG AXIS

;)

Statutory-Mike
04-28-2011, 04:52 AM
"The Summer Slaughter Tour
How stoked would you be for a SLAUGHTER SURVIVORS TOUR featuring Conducting From The Grave, Rings of Saturn, The Contortionist, Volumes and Structures?"

looks like all you people wanting a terrible tour are getting it.

honestly, I'd go for the contortionist, volumes, and structures. that'd be fucking cool.

kommie
04-28-2011, 05:41 AM
so 4/10 bands are deathcore, but at the same time deathcore kids do also like Dying Fetus, and do that karate shit during them, so 5 bands that appeal to deathcore kids.

Nick_to_the_face
04-28-2011, 09:02 AM
It's spelled "Whitechapel"! :fingers:
:finger:

so 4/10 bands are deathcore, but at the same time deathcore kids do also like Dying Fetus, and do that karate shit during them, so 5 bands that appeal to deathcore kids.

So for one of the only death metal bands, I have to deal with karate kids?? well fuck..

mastodon421
04-28-2011, 09:45 AM
So for one of the only death metal bands, I have to deal with karate kids?? well fuck..

Not necesscarily, I saw Dying Fetus a couple of weeks ago and there was no karate kickers at all.

kommie
04-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Not necesscarily, I saw Dying Fetus a couple of weeks ago and there was no karate kickers at all.

when I saw em in 2008 during the Pillage the Village tour, small tour they did after SS Canada, kids were karate chopping everywhere. stopped completely during Necro though.

jd091
04-28-2011, 10:14 AM
It's Dying Fetus, guys. Moshes will be destroying EVERYTHING, I wouldn't worry too much.

Dude, I think I agree w/ pretty much everything you say. The past few nights, I took some time and listened to both 'This Is Exile' and 'A New Era of Corruption' in their entirties. I've listened to 'The Somatic Defilement' many times, but never the 2 newer ones all the way through. And I totally agree: TSD is just straight-up brutal deathcore. Grabs you right by the balls and doesn't let go:horns:. SO many bands have tried to rip that sound off, and do sound like them, but for whatever reason, it sounds like garbage to me when those imitators do it.

TIE was kinda 'blah' to me. I liked Posession quite a bit, that was the only song that really stood out to me. ANEOC is better. And like the guy before said, they took themselves to a new direction. Not neccessarily melodic, but more structured and "skillful", I guess. While I do like the album, and it's better than This Is Exile, it still doesn't come close to The Somatic Defilement IMO. Can't really put my finger on it, cause it's still heavy and shit, it just doesn't sound as good to my ears.

And I remember you posted this back in setlist thread, it's a Goddamn shame they were only playing 2 songs from TSD on their last tour. Granted, Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation is my favorite WC song, they gotta play more than 2 on SS.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Someone who understands! Who's a normal metal head! I feel like you and I share the exact same tastes in metal.

llama lom
04-28-2011, 10:33 AM

Wait. No flailing scene kids in Massachusetts? Maybe there is a God!

And to add to the WC discussion, growing up, TSD was probably my favorite album because of the sheer brutality and because I loved Jack the Ripper stuff. :P Now though, I think A New Era of Corruption is the best work they've put out for different reasons. These guys are truly growing and I think they're the future of deathcore, which with them in the scene, could hopefully turn out better than what it's in right now.

jd091
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Lyrically, TSD was so over the top and brutal to te point of hilarity. Now they sing about... y'know, Hell and death and all this generic crap. I miss the disgusting necrophelia songs. :(

kommie
04-28-2011, 10:54 AM
on topic of deathcore, can The Faceless at all be considered deathcore? I say no, but I've read otherwise.

llama lom
04-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Lyrically, TSD was so over the top and brutal to te point of hilarity. Now they sing about... y'know, Hell and death and all this generic crap. I miss the disgusting necrophelia songs. :(

Well now people have the super underground brutal death bands to give them hilarious lyrics. But yeah, it'd be nice to have some semblance of gore back.

As for The Faceless, I'd just say they're tech death with deathcore influences. The only thing that is even deathcore in the slightest are the "breakdowns".

jd091
04-28-2011, 11:28 AM
on topic of deathcore, can The Faceless at all be considered deathcore? I say no, but I've read otherwise.

No, no, no, and no. Not deathcore in the slightest. If they have "breakdowns", then you'll have to call Suffocation and Dying Fetus deathcore also. Whoever says they're deathcore is wrong and you should not trust them for the rest of your life.

christopher
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
when I saw em in 2008 during the Pillage the Village tour, small tour they did after SS Canada, kids were karate chopping everywhere. stopped completely during Necro though.

Ahh I hate hardcore aerobics

mastodon421
04-28-2011, 11:38 AM

I say no. Sure they have some breakdowns, but they aren't really in the deathcore style. I don't get why some people lump in the deathcore. They are a progessive/tech death band for sure.

larvtard
04-28-2011, 02:03 PM
:lol: :lol: they counted the votes from people who only voted for 1 band :lol:

OraclesofAgony
04-28-2011, 05:23 PM

They don't sound anything like deathcore to me. They probably get lumped in with core bands because of the record label they're on.

treghet
04-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Because the vocals on their demo sounded like deathcore vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVwUuKGDu9o

Also, breakdowns aside, some of the early songs have metalcore-esque riffs. "Leica" would be a good example of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn2aIsl4Ai4

Obviously they were not a straight deathcore band, but they had some influences in the beginning that might give people a good enough reason to say they were a "technical deathcore" band.

MPF
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Same could also be said of the Contortionist. Their early stuff used have a ton of Deathcore influence. Thankfully they dropped almost, if not all of it.

NecroRob
04-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Akeldama definitely had some core influence in it, but with Planetary Duality they went pretty much completely away from it.

treghet
04-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Same could also be said of the Contortionist. Their early stuff used have a ton of Deathcore influence. Thankfully they dropped almost, if not all of it.

Sounds like straight deathcore to me. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBwMThP9dyU

Also, they still have plenty of single note breakdowns and the high/low vocals, so I will continue to call them a deathcore band, although a progressive one.

Akeldama definitely had some core influence in it, but with Planetary Duality they went pretty much completely away from it.

Yeah, they pretty much revamped their sound with that album. I enjoy both albums though.

kommie
04-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I want to like The Contortionist more than I do, but there's a lot more deathcore in it than I can really take

MPF
04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Sounds like straight deathcore to me. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBwMThP9dyU

Also, they still have plenty of single note breakdowns and the high/low vocals, so I will continue to call them a deathcore band, although a progressive one.

That is from their first EP back in 2008.

While there is still some Deathcore elements. I think of it much like how BTBAM still has their hardcore elements even in their new EP.

This is soooooo much better, especially from 1:54 on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nov3l4lgShM&feature=related

kommie
04-28-2011, 07:12 PM

While there is still some Deathcore elements. I think of it much like how BTBAM still has their hardcore elements even in their new EP.

aren't The Contortionist kinda Djent, Djent Guy?

NecroRob
04-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah, they pretty much revamped their sound with that album. I enjoy both albums though.

Oh yeah me too. I like that their two albums don't sound like clones of each other. And the breakdowns on Akeldama don't make me cringe like some deathcore breakdowns do :lol:

treghet

I haven't listened to Between the Buried and Me enough, so I can't relate. But yes, I know that was from their first EP, I was listening to it not long after it came out. :eyes: And I agree, the album blows it away. But I wish there was less deathcore stuff, and more parts like the end of "Oscillator" or the part starting at :33 in "Advent".

MPF
aren't The Contortionist kinda Djent, Djent Guy?

:eyes:

I've never heard anyone say that until just now. I've heard Progressive Deathcore before, but Never Djent. But yeah it has that guitar tone to it, but that's it. I wouldn't consider them Djent, then again I don't consider any band Djent.

I haven't listened to Between the Buried and Me enough, so I can't relate. But yes, I know that was from their first EP, I was listening to it not long after it came out. :eyes: And I agree, the album blows it away. But I wish there was less deathcore stuff, and more parts like the end of "Oscillator" or the part starting at :33 in "Advent".

I absolutely agree, but you can tell by the time of their next album the Deathcore will be fully out of their system. I hope the same is true for Born Of Osiris. Both bands have the possibility of taking the Metal world by storm if they get rid of the pig raping and the open note chords. But I know it will happen.

I love both sections in Oscillator and Advent. :rocker:

larvtard
04-28-2011, 07:24 PM

I really liked that solo near the middle-end. But the rest of the song is total deathcore that happens to be a bit technical.

MPF
04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I really liked that solo near the middle-end. But the rest of the song is total deathcore that happens to be a bit technical.

The Beginning: Yes
The Very End: Yes
The Middle: HELL NO!

But yeah, that solo is fucking badass!

hellawaits77ny
04-28-2011, 09:06 PM

Yeah the Jack the Ripper narratives were pretty funny. But awesome at the same time.

And of course, they had to be political w/ This Is Exile. Kinda pisses me off when bands try to be political. A song or 2 doesn't bother me, but when they devote most of or an entire album to it, I don't dig it.

jd091
04-30-2011, 01:24 PM
The Chicago House of Blues' website has the date listed as "THE SUMMER SLAUGHTER Tour w/ The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Darkest Hour, Six Feet Under, Dying Fetus, Powerglove, As Blood Runs Black, and Oceano", implying that Powerglove will play after ABRB and before Dying Fetus.

:D

AnataFan4Life
04-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Off topic, but jd091, your avatar got me to check out Kvelertak, and they are pretty damn awesome I must say.

jd091
04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Off topic, but jd091, your avatar got me to check out Kvelertak, and they are pretty damn awesome I must say.

YES! :party: :party: :agree:

What I love most about them is that they are so goddamn unique. There's literally no band out there with the same style as them. And it's catchy as hell! They absolutely need to tour the states.

kommie
05-02-2011, 09:43 PM
with Rape-Me charges the NYC date is $36.75. Jersey is $30.60.

hellawaits77ny
05-02-2011, 09:55 PM
with Rape-Me charges the NYC date is $36.75. Jersey is $30.60.

Montreal is $30 before charges. Most of the dates will probably be $25ish

kommie
05-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Montreal is $30 before charges. Most of the dates will probably be $25ish

If you have access to get to the venue to buy it there, no rape-me charges, but I don't often go to the city enough to buy tickets strait from the venue.

hellawaits77ny
05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
If you have access to get to the venue to buy it there, no rape-me charges, but I don't often go to the city enough to buy tickets strait from the venue.

Yeah, you're right. The thing is, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to ensure I have a ticket. Nothing would suck more than to show up only to have the show be sold out.

MPF
05-02-2011, 10:46 PM
From Facebook:

SLAUGHTER SURVIVORS TOUR will be happening this August! CONDUCTING FROM THE GRAVE, THE CONTORTIONIST, RINGS OF SATURN and MORE TBA!! Would you be stoked to see SCALE THE SUMMIT on this package?!

Why does Scale The Summit have to be the red-headed step child of every tour they are on. They better be headlining if this is true.

jd091
05-03-2011, 12:24 AM
From Facebook:

Why does Scale The Summit have to be the red-headed step child of every tour they are on. They better be headlining if this is true.

WTF? Scale the Summit just needs to stick to touring with great other prog bands. Actually though, I'll probably hit up that show just to see the Contortionist, and Scale would be the perfect complement for them. I need to see them headline sometime, when they came here in February they played all but 1 song off The Collective. It's a good album, but Carving Desert Canyons is one of my all time favorites.

AnataFan4Life
05-03-2011, 06:20 AM
A Neuraxis, Augury, Revocation tour would be much more awesome IMO, along with Scale the Summit of course.

mastodon421
05-03-2011, 06:22 AM
A Neuraxis, Augury, Revocation tour would be much more awesome IMO, along with Scale the Summit of course.

Yeah that would be a lot, lot better. Scale The Summit is horribly out of place on a bill with Conducting From The Grave and Death Metal Dragonforce(Rings Of Saturn)

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Meshuggah should play next year.

:drool:

jd091
07-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Meshuggah should play next year.

:drool:

This is what you fucking are:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/mtg%20art/Starter/Gravedigger.jpg

...but yeah, Meshuggah would be good :D

AnataFan4Life
07-30-2011, 02:48 PM
This is what you fucking are:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/mtg%20art/Starter/Gravedigger.jpg

...but yeah, Meshuggah would be good :D

I think Behemoth might have a good chance of doing it next year actually.

jd091
07-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I think Behemoth might have a good chance of doing it next year actually.

Good call, actually, since they got a new album coming out 2012. Should be album of the year. ;)

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Good call, actually, since they got a new album coming out 2012. Should be album of the year. ;)

Behemoth and Meshuggah headlining... oh shit. :drool:

AnataFan4Life
07-30-2011, 02:57 PM
I also hope they try to use all/mostly bands who haven't gotten to be on the tour before.

larvtard
07-30-2011, 02:58 PM
As much as I respect Nergal for his amazing recovery, as well as his hasty return to the stage (which, to be fair, I don't think many of us were even expecting), I'd be pretty disappointed if he does Summer Slaughter next year. That'd be the most underwhelming comeback ever.

I doubt he's gonna do that, though, so we're all good :bliss:

AnataFan4Life
07-30-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm kinda starting to lose my excitement for Summer Slaughter honestly. While I had a lot of fun when I went in 2009 and 2010, they keep reusing bands, and they don't seem intent on bringing the tour in my area anymore.

brutal_descent
08-05-2011, 03:15 PM
The Faceless have been added to all TX dates.

LAXdef16
08-05-2011, 04:01 PM
The Faceless have been added to all TX dates.

Are you fucking kidding me? :mad:
This means less time for other bands... Fleshgod Apocalypse

jd091
08-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? :mad:
This means less time for other bands... Fleshgod Apocalypse

The Faceless >>>> Fleshgod.

mankvill
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM

no

jd091
08-05-2011, 05:36 PM
no

Yes. Suck ma dick, Manks, you know it be true.

OraclesofAgony
08-05-2011, 05:41 PM

I love Planetary Duality, but no.

AnataFan4Life
08-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I love The Faceless, but I gotta side with Manks on this one. Fleshgod Apocalypse are amazing beyond belief. :rocker:

jd091
08-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Okay, maybe my opinion will change when I see them on Suday, but on record, Fleshgod is just so... average. Mediocre. Standard. Nothing jumps out at me or piques my interest enough to finish listening to the whole album. I've tried both Oracles and Agony, both to the same result.

So suck it, Machine Keene will always be better.

OraclesofAgony
08-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Okay, maybe my opinion will change when I see them on Suday, but on record, Fleshgod is just so... average. Mediocre. Standard. Nothing jumps out at me or piques my interest enough to finish listening to the whole album. I've tried both Oracles and Agony, both to the same result.

So suck it, Machine Keene will always be better.

Must be all that Whitechapel clouding your judgement. ;)

jd091
08-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Must be all that Whitechapel clouding your judgement. ;)

:lol: Honestly though, what makes them unique in your guy's mind? There's too much tremelo/blastbeats without riffs in my opinion. But what do I know? ;)

AnataFan4Life
08-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I enjoy their ability to mix brutality, technicality, and atmosphere together. Sometimes you need death metal bands who can just FLOOR you with their intensity, and Fleshgod are amazing at doing this, and they put their unique spin on it. I personally enjoy the riffs, as well as the neoclassical leads mixed in, as well as the tasteful use of symphonics.

Not to mention their drummer is on fucking crack.

treghet
08-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Hour of Penance > Fleshgod

OraclesofAgony
08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Hour of Penance > Fleshgod

Close, but I still like Fleshgod more. Hour of Penance rips as well though. It's too bad they don't have Paoli on vocals anymore.

AnataFan4Life
08-05-2011, 06:57 PM
HoP is awesome too, but I still gotta go with Fleshgod.

treghet
08-05-2011, 07:05 PM
But guyz... this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA-2mPNJxRI :snivel:

AnataFan4Life
08-05-2011, 07:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv7F8MyR84I :horns:

treghet
08-05-2011, 07:17 PM
But I don't like their new album. ;) And I like everything Hour of Penance has done.

Although even if I liked the new album, I'd still prefer Hour of Penance :tongue:

AnataFan4Life
08-05-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm liking what I've heard so far off the new album. I just wish they didn't change their logo >_<

OraclesofAgony
08-05-2011, 07:32 PM

:horns:

AnataFan4Life
08-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Let's just agree that all three bands are awesome. :rocker:

Now Oceano, Within the Ruins, and As Blood Runs Black are three bands that blow :D

mastodon421
08-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Fleshgod Apocalypse is awesome. I think they are one of the most unique death metal acts around. The classical elements are epic and Tomasso Ricardi is one of hell of a vocalist. Agony made them go up even higher in my book.

LAXdef16
08-05-2011, 08:51 PM

My favorite Hour of Penance song!

MPF
08-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Darkest Hour just dropped off the tour due to unforeseen circumstances.

AnataFan4Life
08-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Is that why The Faceless are playing the last three dates?

MPF
08-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Is that why The Faceless are playing the last three dates?

Makes sense to me.

masterguy49
08-18-2011, 03:53 PM

Yeah during my show last night they said it was their last show on the tour so they went all out, it was kick ass. :D