Creeping Death
The Four Horsemen
No Remorse
Guitar Solo
Am I Evil?
Damage Inc.

Sanitarium78
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Can the mods fix the title? I copyed and pasted the date and I didn't notice that September was abbreviated.

elturtleboy
01-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Can the mods fix the title? I copyed and pasted the date and I didn't notice that September was abbreviated.

the setlist is so perfect i dont think they will mind

NickLed19
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Perfect setlist.

JRA
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Seeing as how you've completely immersed yourself in Master of Puppets iconography, I must ask if you've read the infamous Ultraboris review where not only he gives it a 0, but calls it "the album that killed heavy metal?" :D

Kapper
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
that setlist makes me weep tears of joy

Sanitarium78
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Seeing as how you've completely immersed yourself in Master of Puppets iconography, I must ask if you've read the infamous Ultraboris review where not only he gives it a 0, but calls it "the album that killed heavy metal?" :D

No I haven't and quite frankly it really doesn't matter to me what that person thinks of it. I know what I think of it and that's all that matters. It was the first thrash metal album I ever heard when my older brothers friend brought over the cassette of MOP and played it at my house in like 1987. It's the album that sparked my interest in heavy metal and it remains one of my all time favorite albums. If somebody else doesn't like it than too damn bad.

El Gordo
01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
No I haven't and quite frankly it really doesn't matter to me what that person thinks of it. I know what I think of it and that's all that matters. It was the first thrash metal album I ever heard when my older brothers friend brought over the cassette of MOP and played it at my house in like 1987. It's the album that sparked my interest in heavy metal and it remains one of my all time favorite albums. If somebody else doesn't like it than too damn bad.

You should give that review a read anyway. I don't agree with it, but he does make some good points. If nothing else, it's good for a laugh.

Maidenmagic
01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
First of all, like everyone has said, that setlist is great. I just read the Ultraboris review and I don't agree with most of it (Worse than Load and Reload?!) but I do agree that Metallica has too many "chugga chugga" riffs. Sadly, I think that's what makes them so popular, especially in America. Most Americans just don't get that clean melodic guitar sound of Maiden and power metal.

daimonos
01-12-2011, 06:09 AM

Who seriously gives a damn what that guy thinks? Hop off his balls for christs sake, he's not the overlord of metal opinions, he's some elitist nerd who has the idea that his opinions are the correct ones that others should follow, when they really aren't worth two shits.

Sepultura69
01-12-2011, 06:43 AM
This set list makes me horny

JRA
01-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Who seriously gives a damn what that guy thinks? Hop off his balls for christs sake, he's not the overlord of metal opinions, he's some elitist nerd who has the idea that his opinions are the correct ones that others should follow, when they really aren't worth two shits.

Eat my shit. I'm not "on his balls," as I don't agree with quite a few of the things he says (his Ozzy Osbourne reviews come to mind). I usually don't care about reviews but that particular one is so notorious I felt it was worth asking if he has read it!

daimonos
01-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Eat my shit. I'm not "on his balls," as I don't agree with quite a few of the things he says (his Ozzy Osbourne reviews come to mind). I usually don't care about reviews but that particular one is so notorious I felt it was worth asking if he has read it!

Well my apologies then, but I was thinking more about this thread:
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9908&highlight=heavy+metal+tier

JRA
01-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Well my apologies then, but I was thinking more about this thread:
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9908&highlight=heavy+metal+tier

That list would be very different if I were to make it now. Also, I don't think boris would be very happy about Ozzy being ranked higher than Helloween, Exodus, and Overkill.

darkguardian50
01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
That guy is serious? I thought based on his horrible off base reviews on multiple albums that he was an internet review troll. I'm not kidding. Also as a reviewer his writing is terrible.

Back to the topic at hand? Amazing setlist.

bennythedog
01-14-2011, 10:10 AM
I could see this show 100 times - and 100 times out of those 100 (if I was able to get myself out of a awe-struck state) I would say to myself, "I'm not sure there's anything I would change about what they played tonight!"

With that being said... If only I could see that show just 1 time now.

John