PDA

View Full Version : Scion Rock Fest 2011

Pages : [1] 2

larvtard
01-10-2011, 05:44 PM
NOTHING OFFICIALY ANNOUNCED YET.

Okay. So there's definitely a Scion Rock Fest next year. It says so on the website http://www.scion.com/rockshow

I actually just Googled "scion rock fest 2011" and I found something interesting, if not suspicious. This was one of the results:

French: Scion Rock Fest 2011 (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffuneralfrench.blogspot.com%2F2011 %2F01%2Fscion-rock-fest-2011.html&rct=j&q=scion%20rock%20fest%202011&ei=DbQrTZ3NNIaZOpvG5ZAK&usg=AFQjCNHtSloa3A3IQ6Iy23XV2V2NiBfBFw&sig2=MG7laoQwGfODQHemQAWfoQ&cad=rja)
Jan 10, 2011 ... Scion Rock Fest 2011. I'm so stoked, I just got to draw this for the Scion Rock Fest this year, "Morbid Angel" and "Obituary" ... its gonna ...
funeralfrench.blogspot.com/2011/01/scion-rock-fest-2011.html

... and when I clicked on the link, the page suddenly did not exist. Notice how the thing was posted TODAY. Obviously the site posted something they weren't supposed to. Perhaps Morbid Angel and Obituary are playing? I doubt that but ya never know...

Oh yeah, and I've been listening to Owen Hart today and I stumbled upon an interview between them and the Tacoma Weekly. They said they're doing Scion Rock Fest in March. :party:

mankvill
01-10-2011, 05:51 PM
SCION GARAGE FEST WAS IN LAWRENCE, BRING ON DA METALS

also: Morbid Angel finally playing in the US? Yesplz.

alsoalso: Owen Hart is on This Comp Kills Fascists Vol. 2 and they are awesome.

DethMaiden
01-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Come on, Bloomington.

Seriously though - anywhere in the eastern half of the Midwest and I'll try to be there.

larvtard
01-10-2011, 05:53 PM
SCION GARAGE FEST WAS IN LAWRENCE, BRING ON DA METALS

also: Morbid Angel finally playing in the US? Yesplz.

alsoalso: Owen Hart is on This Comp Kills Fascists Vol. 2 and they are awesome.

Owen Hart's new album is awesome :rocker:

mankvill
01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Come on, Bloomington.

Seriously though - anywhere in the eastern half of the Midwest and I'll try to be there.

Lawrence? :snivel:

DethMaiden
01-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Lawrence? :snivel:

If it comes there I'll be happy for you and not attend. ;)

elturtleboy
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Owen hart the grind band and the wrestler are both badass. Any idea of were its gonna be?

brian
01-10-2011, 11:24 PM
I heard California...LA maybe?

TonyD
01-11-2011, 12:31 AM
SPRING BREAK ROADTRIP

BlackmoreOfBowling
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Duly noted.

elturtleboy
01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
I heard California...LA maybe?

SOURCES?!?!?

TMHUNH213
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
The info isn't that hard to find.

But allow me to be the one to provide the scoop:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eJ_G3PHZ_6I/TSsEy2oXWTI/AAAAAAAAExM/e4Yd8j7eP-8/s400/rock%2Bfest%2B3.jpg

detuned
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
March 5th - Pomona, CA (http://www.theprp.com/2011/01/11/news/morbid-angel-obituary-and-more-reportedly-in-the-running-for-2011-scion-rock-fest/)

mankvill
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eJ_G3PHZ_6I/TSsEy2oXWTI/AAAAAAAAExM/e4Yd8j7eP-8/s400/rock%2Bfest%2B3.jpg

wowowowowowowoowowowowow

moobys37
01-11-2011, 03:27 PM

:wow:

Agalloch really seems odd on that bill though.

mastodon421
01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Jesus Christ, Morbid Angel:drool::drool:. God damn this being in California.

Wizzbang11
01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm goin.

AnataFan4Life
01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
:drool:

Fuck you California. That is all.

DethMaiden
01-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Atheist and Kvelertak!? Shiiiiit, please be attached to a real US tour...

treghet
01-11-2011, 03:38 PM
OH MY GOD I AM SO THERE.

Wizzbang11
01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
MS meetup for people who can't go to MDF?
:D

Northern_Shaman
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM

If not a troll...

Wow. Scion is a bro of a company. I'm just looking at their past lineups and they rival most metal festivals these days...

RAZOR
01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Damn you, California. :finger2:

makethemsuffer12
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM

OH COME ON! Fucking California...

Morbid Angel, Death Angel...
All we need is a Dark Angel reunion and we're good to go.

Wizzbang11
01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Damn you, California. :finger2:

2/21: Immortal
5/26-5/29: Maryland Deathfest

Shut up.

larvtard
01-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Morbid Angel, Wormrot, Woe, Death Angel, Nails, Black Breath, Municipal Waste...DAMN.

I'd rather go to this than MDF, but alas, this is on the opposite fucking coast....

idrinkwine732
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
I'll totally drive down to LA for that...

slapguitarer
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I'll totally drive down to LA for that...

Can I tag along?

elturtleboy
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool::drool::drool:: drool::drool:

Morbid Angle:rocker:
Obituary:rocker:
Death angle
Municipal Waste!:rocker:
Bastard Noise!
Integrity
Atheist!
Black Breath!
Nails!:rocker:
Wormrot:rocker:
Fuck the Facts!:rocker:
Bonded By blood!

holy fuck i just came so many timess

TMHUNH213
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Morbid Angel and Agalloch alone is enough for me to go cross country.

But the rest of the line up is unreal also.

The real underrated addition here is Primate. I realize some here may not be familiar with them since they are new to the game, but Primate is a side project of Bill from Mastodon with Kevin Sharp on vox. They rule.

TonyD
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Fuck. This is nowhere near spring break but if the lineup turns into an offer I can't refuse, I might have to make the trip. Well Kvelertak is in and there are less than 2 months between shows in Europe they have booked, and this is right in the middle of it. Looks like the west coast should get some dates for sure.
Not to mention Floor is playing.

mankvill
01-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Morbid Angle:rocker:

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/morbidangle-500x306.jpg

elturtleboy
01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/morbidangle-500x306.jpg

LOL thats a funny pic.

But you try to type with good grammar while finding out that an amazing line up like this is coming near you for free.

Sepultura69
01-11-2011, 06:30 PM

JESUS H. TAP DANCING CHRIST!!?!?!?!!?!

OBITUARY!?!??!! DEATH ANGEL?!?! MORBID ANGEL!???!??!:hecho::light::drool::D:bliss::eek: :punk::dance::metal::shred: :blaze::agree:

I just have simply one question to ask:confused:

It says "free entry"....so this is a "first come, first serve" free gig? There's not going to be any entry fee(I hope it's the latter. That way I don't have to go super early and stand in line for hours)??? Either way the Glasshouse is only about 20 minutes away from where I reside so the drive will be easy as pie.....I'm just concerned if the show is going to be a FREE gig or what???

Wizzbang11
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM
I really hope it's a free ticketed event, even if that means little bullshit charges.
I don't want to go all the way to LA and get turned away..

MPF
01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Floor is back together? Holy Shit!!!

Honestly thought I'd go to see every band, if it wasn't a 3 day car trip away.

Sepultura69
01-11-2011, 06:47 PM
I really hope it's a free ticketed event, even if that means little bullshit charges.
I don't want to go all the way to LA and get turned away..

I'm hoping it's not a FREE gig. I feel like I would have a better chance at getting in the show if they have a standard ticket price(20 bucks ect).

I just don't want to have to go through the trouble of leaving super early just to "claim my spot" in line and wait for hours upon hours until they open the door. But if it has to be done then it has to be done. I really wan't see Obituary again and I've never seen Morbid Angel or Death angel so they are on my list of Bands to see before I croke. I almost went and saw Morbid Angel in Los Angeles back in 2009, but I backed out last minute because I was drained and totally dead/tired from Kreator and Napalm death(who were BOTH playing around the same exact week aswell as morbid angel. All 3 bands had gigs in LA in that same week/month.....ALSO LA is a bitch of a drive...ESPECIALLY when you drive down there twice in two days for two different shows....especially during rush hour. :hecho:).

smearCampaign
01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Floor is back together? Holy Shit!!!

Honestly thought I'd go to see every band, if it wasn't a 3 day car trip away.

Yeah, Floor is most definitely back together. I saw them twice in one day this summer during FunFunFunFest and an after party.

I too would love to see these bands if it weren't so damn far.

I'm hoping it's not a FREE gig. I feel like I would have a better chance at getting in the show if they have a standard ticket price(20 bucks ect).

The one they did last year in Columbus, you had to RSVP online and then you got a confirmation email and then you picked up your free ticket from a record store in your area. Also the one in Columbus was spread across multiple venues. People on the board here who went could provide more info.

Sepultura69
01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
The one they did last year in Columbus, you had to RSVP online and then you got a confirmation email and then you picked up your free ticket from a record store in your area. Also the one in Columbus was spread across multiple venues. People on the board here who went could provide more info.

:( poop....

I have like NO RECORD stores around me what so ever.....Any record store that did exist is now six feet under the dirt and has now been revamped into a new liquor store or wall mart. Grrrrrr I hope there's more info on how to get tickets if the show is free :bouville::mad::flame::eyes::hecho: :(

BlackmoreOfBowling
01-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Have fun, West Coast. We still got Maryland Deathfest.

DethMaiden
01-11-2011, 07:19 PM

All of that pretty much covers it. :cool:

Wizzbang11
01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
All of that pretty much covers it. :cool:

Now what does that mean for someone who lives 7 hours away from the place with no real record stores in my area...

idrinkwine732
01-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Now what does that mean for someone who lives 7 hours away from the place with no real record stores in my area...

For us I'd expect us to be able to pick them up in SF. Next time you're at a show or something drop on by the Haight and go to Amoeba or something.

Or you could pick them up in LA the day before or something.

Sepultura69
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
For us I'd expect us to be able to pick them up in SF. Next time you're at a show or something drop on by the Haight and go to Amoeba or something.

Or you could pick them up in LA the day before or something.

grrrrr probably a stupid question, but would I be able to pick up my tickets from F.Y.E:eyes:

That's the only record store around me:hmm:

DethMaiden
01-11-2011, 07:44 PM
You could pick up Cbus tickets as far as Indy and Cleveland, so you guys might be okay...

If not, there was will call, but you had to get to the gig like four hours early to make sure you got one because they said outright that they oversell 'em.

treghet
01-11-2011, 07:59 PM
grrrrr probably a stupid question, but would I be able to pick up my tickets from F.Y.E:eyes:

Yeah, I don't see why not. My friend buys tickets there sometimes.

Wizzbang11
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
So it's at The Glass House and the Fox Theater and they are building 2 outdoor stages between them. And the rest of the bands are being announced thursday.
In case you guys missed that.

brian
01-11-2011, 11:06 PM
For the Scion Fest in Atlanta, out of towners were able to register online and were placed on a will-call list. Nobody was turned away that year...people were walking in right before Neurosis even. Don't know how it worked in Columbus. I'm sure they'll put up a FAQ once all the news is officially released.

ravenheart
01-12-2011, 04:46 AM
This is the one thing that the US can pull off that we can't. There is absolutely no way on Earth a line-up of this calibre would be able to do ONE free show here, let alone a tour.

mankvill
01-12-2011, 04:48 AM
This is the one thing that the US can pull off that we can't. There is absolutely no way on Earth a line-up of this calibre would be able to do ONE free show here, let alone a tour.

It's not a tour, you thilly.

rjturtle9
01-12-2011, 11:39 AM

They will distribute through local record stores. Probably The Glass House record store or other small places.

But wow, the idea of closing down Pomona's Art District for this is amazing. I'm very familiar with the area and it is by far the perfect place for something like this to happen. Very stocked for final band announcement. Here's hoping for Toxic Holocaust and Skeletonwitch.

ADD
01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Bay Area heads who wants to roadtrip?

larvtard
01-12-2011, 12:14 PM
The first year's lineup was still the best, I think, but this year's lineup is almost as good. 6 bands I genuinely want to see (Wormrot, Woe, Morbid Angel, Death Angel, Nails, Black Breath) and at least 2 bands I think would be freakin awesome live (Municipal Waste, Agalloch).

I'm still pissed that the first fest was 18+ :mad::mad: How often does a fest like that come to Atlanta, of all places, for fuckin free??? (Though I honestly don't care that it was free, I would've gladly paid a shitload of money to go.)

TMHUNH213
01-12-2011, 12:19 PM
They will distribute through local record stores. Probably The Glass House record store or other small places.

But wow, the idea of closing down Pomona's Art District for this is amazing. I'm very familiar with the area and it is by far the perfect place for something like this to happen. Very stocked for final band announcement. Here's hoping for Toxic Holocaust and Skeletonwitch.

Don't hold your breath.

Through the first 3 scions, the promoters have made it a point of never having the same band twice.

Toxic Holocaust and Skeletonwitch both played in Atlanta.

treghet
01-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I still can't get over how awesome this is. It will probably be one of the best shows I've ever been to.

idrinkwine732
01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Totally going once the RSVP site is announced.

Sepultura69
01-12-2011, 04:47 PM
How many people on this board are actually going to go through a mission to get to this show. It seems like a lot of people on here are going through a bit of a mission to get to the glasshouse *3-7 of hours of driving *:confused:

Thankfully the glasshouse is only about 20-25 minutes away from my pad, give or take.:hmm:

Wizzbang11
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I realize it probably won't be big bands...but this would be a really cool time for Autopsy to make their CA reunion debut :D

treghet
01-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I realize it probably won't be big bands...but this would be a really cool time for Autopsy to make their CA reunion debut :D

That would be awesome!

And Sepultura69, I am definitely going since I live about 45 minutes to an hour from the Glasshouse. :cool:

Wizzbang11
01-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm definitely going, but I hope the next 6 bands are good or at least I know them. I listen to like 5 of these bands.

Sepultura69
01-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I can see Warbringer getting added to this gig.:rocker:

Then again, they did say they were going to take a long break from touring for so damn long.(But then again, they just finished a little tour with Rob Halford, and are opening up for Sepultura this coming Friday... so who the fuck knows):cool:

The shows in 2 months, anyone know when more info on this gig will be announced:confused:

I wan't to go to this show very badly but I just want to figure out how the ticketing thing works. I cant really see this type of gig being distributed through ticketmaster and mainstream ticket outlets(and FYE is the only Record store around me and they only sell LIVE NATION/ticket master events. So I doubt I can go to FYE/ticketmaster to get my tickets there.)

I apologize for the lame rant, just kind of want to get my ticket and get it over with so i don't have to worry about it selling out(which this show will NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. Especially if its at the glasshouse. I been to that place twice. One time in 2006 and another in 2008 and what I remember is it was pretty medium-small size.). :bouville:

treghet
01-12-2011, 08:54 PM
The RSVP starts Friday, and I would assume it will be on the website that's on the flier. If it isn't I'm sure somebody else will figure it out and post it, so don't worry.

Sepultura69
01-12-2011, 09:02 PM
The RSVP starts Friday, and I would assume it will be on the website that's on the flier. If it isn't I'm sure somebody else will figure it out and post it, so don't worry.

No doubt about it man. :rocker:

I'm pretty certain someone on this board will make the first *I GOT MY TICKET* post and then they can just tell us from there on how to get tickets. I will most likely skip the Death Angel tour if I go to this(driving expenses and Gas is pretty hectic for me these days so what better way then to see a line up of this magnitude for the price of one....like killing two birds with one stone)

rjturtle9
01-12-2011, 09:03 PM

I'm almost positive the glass house record store will distribute the tickets.

elturtleboy
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM

friday as soon as it hits 12?

TMHUNH213
01-13-2011, 12:12 PM
I can see Warbringer getting added to this gig.:rocker:

Then again, they did say they were going to take a long break from touring for so damn long.(But then again, they just finished a little tour with Rob Halford, and are opening up for Sepultura this coming Friday... so who the fuck knows):cool:

The shows in 2 months, anyone know when more info on this gig will be announced:confused:

I wan't to go to this show very badly but I just want to figure out how the ticketing thing works. I cant really see this type of gig being distributed through ticketmaster and mainstream ticket outlets(and FYE is the only Record store around me and they only sell LIVE NATION/ticket master events. So I doubt I can go to FYE/ticketmaster to get my tickets there.)

I apologize for the lame rant, just kind of want to get my ticket and get it over with so i don't have to worry about it selling out(which this show will NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. Especially if its at the glasshouse. I been to that place twice. One time in 2006 and another in 2008 and what I remember is it was pretty medium-small size.). :bouville:

Warbringer already played Scion 09, they aren't being added.

As for your concerns about the tickets/capacity....I will try and address them, but this is strictly based on prior experience from attending both prior fests.

You will RSVP through Scion's website. Apparently this opens up tomorrow. You will want to do that now as opposed to next month, because they will shut it off once a certain amount of people RSVP. This is the "selling out" scenario you mention, but they do RSVP way more people than can fit, but that has always worked out with the amount of no-shows.

If you don't frequent one of the local record stores/establishments that they list on the site when you sign up, you just select the will call option.

If you are will call, you just stand in a long line on the day of the fest, and hope you get to the front to get your wristband before they "sell out", but you have to be on the RSVP list, they look you up and check IDs. In the past 2 fests there were enough no shows that I dont think anyone ever got turned away, but everyone lines up pretty early just in case because you dont want to travel all the way and get sent packing.

With 2 venues involved, each venue has its own capacity where if enough people go to one place at the same time, you may not get in if you are bouncing from stage to stage. They will have 4 stages going at once, and they spread it out pretty well so you can usually see who you want to see, but who knows. Some people choose to post up at one venue.stage and stay there, other people bounce around. Dont expect to see more than 50 percent of the bands, and thats only if you are seeing half sets. They will have 4 stages going at once all day.

They will try and match the bigger bands to the larger capacity stages and what not. It always has run very smooth and is very well run for a large fest.

larvtard
01-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I will most likely skip the Death Angel tour if I go to this(driving expenses and Gas is pretty hectic for me these days so what better way then to see a line up of this magnitude for the price of one....like killing two birds with one stone)

Eh, I dunno about that man. There may be a band you'd rather see that's playing at the same time as Death Angel. Plus, what most people do from what I hear, is see half of one band's set so they can get to another band in time. In addition, DA's headlining set will probably be a lot longer than their Scion set.

Just a heads-up.

NecroRob
01-13-2011, 07:31 PM
If this show was just one week later I would have definitely made the trip down, but it just happens to be on the Saturday before I have finals. God. Fucking. Dammit. It's actually kind of blowing my mind how awesome that bill is.

Oh well, here's to hoping some of those bands decide to make the short trip up to Seattle before or after the show.

Natrlhi
01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
"The initial lineup has officially been revealed for this years “Scion Rock Fest” over at the festivals Facebook. The free event is expected to take place at the Glasshouse and Fox Theater in Pomona, CA on March 05th and on par with recent rumors, will feature:

Morbid Angel
Obituary
Death Angel
Municipal Waste
Agalloch
Integrity
Bastard Noise
Atheist
Floor
Black Breath
Nails
Primate
Crom
Wormrot
Kvelertak
Necrite
Woe
Fuck The Facts
Bonded By Blood
Christian Mistress

More bands are set to be added soon while RSVP ticketing for the show will kick off at Scion.com tomorrow, January 14th."

----------

You fucking west coast fuckers. This shit is just getting ridiculous.

On a serious note, I actually asked my wife if she'd be up for a trip to Pomona, CA in a few months - just for the hell of it - to see what she'd say.

Let's just say it doesn't look like I'll be going to Scion in 2011. :nag:

elturtleboy
01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
someone on last.fm added Owen Hart and Anaal Nathrakh tot he date. No idea if this is true or false.

mankvill
01-13-2011, 08:08 PM
someone on last.fm added Owen Hart and Anaal Nathrakh tot he date. No idea if this is true or false.

1. shut the fuck up

2. shut the fuck up

3. shut the fuck up

4. SERIOUSLY SHUT THE FUCK UP I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET TO CALIFORNIA RIGHT NOW

5. shut the fuck up

6. I'll talk with people I know to see if I can confirm AN being there

7. shut the fuck up

8. oh my god SHUT UP IF ANAAL NATHRAKH PLAYS IN CALIFORNIA AND NOWHERE ELSE I'LL KILL MYSELF

larvtard
01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
1. shut the fuck up

2. shut the fuck up

3. shut the fuck up

4. SERIOUSLY SHUT THE FUCK UP I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET TO CALIFORNIA RIGHT NOW

5. shut the fuck up

7. shut the fuck up

8. oh my god SHUT UP IF ANAAL NATHRAKH PLAYS IN CALIFORNIA AND NOWHERE ELSE I'LL KILL MYSELF

lol, I was reading the comments on the MetalSucks' post about this lineup, and someone said Anaal Nathrakh was supposed to play :eek:

Natrlhi
01-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Fuck me sideways with a baseball bat. If the above rumor is true, and Mankvill makes the trip, then I solemnly promise right here and now that I will also make the trip to Pomona somehow, even if I have to risk a divorce to do it.

mankvill
01-13-2011, 08:17 PM
lol, I was reading the comments on the MetalSucks' post about this lineup, and someone said Anaal Nathrakh was supposed to play :eek:

WELL ALMOST ANYWHERE

They've only played two dates in north america, MDF 2007 and one in California. Mick remembers me from the forums and even sent me a personalized goodie from a show in the Czech Republic, so hopefully he remembers to give the midwest some lovin ;_;

RAZOR
01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Anyone wanna help me hitchhike there? :D

idrinkwine732
01-13-2011, 09:03 PM
If any Bay Area guys are roadtripping, I'd be down. Don't think I can put the mileage on my car.

elturtleboy
01-13-2011, 10:38 PM
RSVP IS UP!
(https://secure.scion.com/scion/ssl/rsvp/scionRockFestTickets.do)

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Wizzbang11
01-13-2011, 10:43 PM
1. shut the fuck up

2. shut the fuck up

3. shut the fuck up

5. shut the fuck up

7. shut the fuck up

You know this is funny because the other day I was like 'Hey Jackson, what if Anaal Nathrakh plays' and your like 'Nah, I'm too cool for CA.' I hope they play just because you aren't going to go.
Just but a fucking plane ticket!

rjturtle9
01-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey Nat and Mankvill, you guys can crash at my pad if come down haha.
Especially Nat, since I may need some help in April when I go to Cleveland ;)

mankvill
01-14-2011, 01:42 AM

You know this is funny because the other day I was like 'Hey Jackson, what if Anaal Nathrakh plays' and your like 'Nah, I'm too cool for CA.' I hope they play just because you aren't going to go.
Just but a fucking plane ticket!

FAHHHHHHHHH

Q

christopher
01-14-2011, 11:56 AM
The places to get tickets are pretty much for the locals only. San Fran, San Diego and Pheonix are pretty much the farthest places they will hand out tickets. Those traveling could do will call, but risk not getting in, so it would be a waste to travel so far.

ADD
01-14-2011, 12:01 PM
https://secure.scion.com/scion/ssl/rsvp/scionRockFestTickets.do

Bay heads can pick up their ticket at Aquarius Records in SF, nice of them to hook up a retailer here instead of making will call the only choice. Wine, StonyD, other volk from the better half of the golden state, roadtrip is on. My car is no good though for that distance, but if someone's got a good machine I'll fade my share n more for ga$$ n chemicals.

TonyD
01-14-2011, 12:34 PM
I would volunteer, my truck fits 5 but only 2 comfortably.

rjturtle9
01-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Just looked up how the tents are gonna be set up. Pretty much the whole area is within looking distance. 2 minute walk to each stage. I'm so damn excited. Plus, the Art colony of Pomona is such a beautiful place to be in. And free parking. I cannot wait for this!

ChildrenofSodom
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I just dropped in to see if this had been announced: WHAT THE FUCK? Death Angel, Agalloch, Municipal Waste, and Atheist? Screw you guys!

I was actually kind of hoping that they would keep this in the Midwest....

elturtleboy
01-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Owen Hart: “If you are interested in our touring. We will be playing Scion Rock Fest in March… followed by a quick west coast tour with our friends Xibalba from Los Angeles. Than we make our way out towards Austin to play 2 SXSW showcases and Bro Fest in Dallas.”

:party:

Sepultura69
01-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Well, I just submitted my rsvp and just got my conformation email. Unfortunately there is no record store around me that I can pick my tickets up from so I put it on Will call. Would I just have to go to the glass house and I can get my tickets over there at the will call? :confused::hecho:

Or is the will call somwhere else and not at the glass house:confused:

Do the Will Call peepz just pick there tickets up at the glasshouse?:confused:

Bleh, sorry for the mass questions. I'll fuck off now :bouville:

idrinkwine732
01-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I RSVP'd to pick up at Aquarius.

mankvill
01-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Well, I just submitted my rsvp and just got my conformation email. Unfortunately there is no record store around me that I can pick my tickets up from so I put it on Will call. Would I just have to go to the glass house and I can get my tickets over there at the will call? :confused::hecho:

For Scion Garage fest, I registered and picked up my wristband at a local record store, but they also had a table set up outside one of the venues to get will-call wristbands too.

TMHUNH213
01-14-2011, 03:51 PM

you wait until the day of the fest and line up in the designated line. Will call opens 2 hours before start (2PM)

Wizzbang11
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM
For how much longer do you think they'll still have tickets?
I dunno when I can make it to SF..

mankvill
01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
For how much longer do you think they'll still have tickets?
I dunno when I can make it to SF..

better rsvp now

TonyD
01-16-2011, 12:56 AM
I doubt they'll turn anyone away if you get to the show by door time, I figure the bigger problem will be switching venues.

Sepultura69
01-16-2011, 03:40 AM
better rsvp now

Good Thing I already did Mine:D

So I basically just take a print out of my name, i.d and my email confirmation to the will call and BOOM I'm in?...easy like that???...and I'll be able to see all these fucking bands???

I have never been to a free gig so this is all new to me:hmm:

Xenocide
01-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Fuck you, California.

TonyD
01-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Fuck you, California.

The last two were in Ohio and Georgia, fuck whoever won't bother taking a road trip and complains.

elturtleboy
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
The last two were in Ohio and Georgia, fuck whoever won't bother taking a road trip and complains.

:blaze:

rjturtle9
01-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Good Thing I already did Mine:D

So I basically just take a print out of my name, i.d and my email confirmation to the will call and BOOM I'm in?...easy like that???...and I'll be able to see all these fucking bands???

I have never been to a free gig so this is all new to me:hmm:

Dude, it's not rocket science!

Wizzbang11
01-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Well shit.
It's sold out.

Sepultura69
01-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Dude, it's not rocket science!

Cool your jets :cool:

rjturtle9
01-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Well shit.
It's sold out.

Damn, still needed to sign my cousin up.

Xenocide
01-16-2011, 12:57 PM

I'm 15 and in Rhode Island. A 6 hour road trip is beyond my abilities.
Asshole.

idrinkwine732
01-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Asshole.

You have legs don't you?

Tony's right. For a long time we've seen a lot of awesome bills get announced for the east coast then when we finally get a bone thrown our way, some guy has to go "fuck California."

Wizzbang11
01-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Asshole.

Buses, friends, parents, trains, it's not beyond your abilities.
This fest however is now beyond my abilities because it's sold out. Goddamnit. Shoulda taken Manky's advice..

Xenocide
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
You have legs don't you?"

What if I don't?

rjturtle9
01-16-2011, 02:13 PM
What if I don't?

I've seen guys in wheelchairs at shows. Even in the pits!

Seriously though, I wish I could have gone last year, but a road trip for the show was not possible. Not the concert's fault, nor the city that is hosting said show's fault either.

Xenocide
01-16-2011, 02:31 PM
I've seen guys in wheelchairs at shows. Even in the pits!

Seriously though, I wish I could have gone last year, but a road trip for the show was not possible. Not the concert's fault, nor the city that is hosting said show's fault either.

So it was the state's. :D

mankvill
01-16-2011, 02:56 PM
You have legs don't you?

Tony's right. For a long time we've seen a lot of awesome bills get announced for the east coast then when we finally get a bone thrown our way, some guy has to go "fuck California."

>never get a bone thrown your way for metal shows
>California

pick one

larvtard
01-16-2011, 03:10 PM
You have legs don't you?

meh, you guys on the West Coast get pretty much every single metal show. All the big cities that matter anyway (LA, San Fran, Portland, Seattle).

We on the East Coast may have MDF but that's it, really.

idrinkwine732
01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
meh, you guys on the West Coast get pretty much every single metal show. All the big cities that matter anyway (LA, San Fran, Portland, Seattle).

So false it's crazy.

mankvill
01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
So false it's crazy.

not really

Wizzbang11
01-16-2011, 04:12 PM
not really

Yes, really.

larvtard
01-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Yes, really.

well it sure as hell seems like it.

idrinkwine732
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
A lot of the bands that don't have the funds for a full US tour will only tour the East Coast. It sucks.

Wizzbang11
01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I should probably specify bands that I care about.
We get a lot of tours in CA, certainly more than other parts of the country, but like Ryan said lots of bands opt for just the east coast, and those are usually bands without money, which is often the financial situation of bands I like.

Xenocide
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
The East Coast yes, New England not so much.

mankvill
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/57328475/134311_177596932280967_1000009.jpg

stfu

RAZOR
01-16-2011, 07:22 PM
All this talk of, "oh, take a road trip to California to see the show, it's not that hard," is idiotic. Traveling from the East Coast to get to the other side of the country is definitely easier said than done.

larvtard
01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
A lot of the bands that don't have the funds for a full US tour will only tour the East Coast. It sucks.

True, but I meant that pretty much every national tour hits your city.

Wizzbang11
01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
All this talk of, "oh, take a road trip to California to see the show, it's not that hard," is idiotic. Traveling from the East Coast to get to the other side of the country is definitely easier said than done.

Then be content with MDF which is 50x better than this.

RAZOR
01-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Then be content with MDF which is 50x better than this.

I never said I wasn't.

idrinkwine732
01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
True, but I meant that pretty much every national tour hits your city.

You'd be surprised here in San Francisco. The scene here is pretty fucking good, but a lot of the bands that are sort of tweeners in theater/club size don't make it here.

LA will get pretty much every national tour, but not San Francisco or Portland.

rjturtle9
01-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Lets just rename this thread to the "Official hate on So-Cal Thread"

Sometimes you can't make every tour, deal worth it. I've traveled from outside my state to see hows. When Megadeth didn't play L.A. on the Endgame tour, I went and saw them. When Ozzfest was in Dallas, I went to Dallas and saw that.
And later on in the year, I'm gonna be going to Cleveland and Florida to see Rush and Iron Maiden.

I know traveling may not be an option for some people, doesn't make that the fault of the band's management. I've seen many threads started on here at say East Coast Tour, and I never bitched about it. And besides, this is the first time this fest is even on this side of the country. God damn!

larvtard
01-16-2011, 08:10 PM
You'd be surprised here in San Francisco. The scene here is pretty fucking good, but a lot of the bands that are sort of tweeners in theater/club size don't make it here.

LA will get pretty much every national tour, but not San Francisco or Portland.

Ah I gotcha.

treghet
01-16-2011, 08:32 PM
There is a solution to all of this arguing... We obviously need awesome metal festivals in all of the big cities. :D

TonyD
01-16-2011, 09:18 PM

I'm saying the last 2 years have been on the east cost in the midwest.

And yeah, a lot of tours only hit LA/SD because it's close enough to the southwest and the only other major markets on the west coast are the bay, Portland and Seattle.

brian
01-16-2011, 10:54 PM
fuck california

TonyD
01-16-2011, 11:04 PM
fuck california

Yeah bro

elturtleboy
01-16-2011, 11:21 PM
This thread went from super badass to super annoying

Sepultura69
01-17-2011, 10:42 AM
The Official "Fuck California" Thread

idrinkwine732
01-17-2011, 11:01 AM
The Official "Fuck California" Thread

:tongue: Takes one to know one :tongue:

elturtleboy
01-17-2011, 12:21 PM
fuck california

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4632136/-I-dont-think-so.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Arnold-dd

Wizzbang11
01-17-2011, 01:34 PM
This is just ridiculous.
Like I've said 5 times already, MDF is better than this every year and that thread isnt filled up with 'Fuck Maryland.'
Some places get lucky with festivals, some don't. Scion hasn't even been in CA before.
Fuck Kansas.

mankvill
01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
From Facebook:

Anaal Nathrakh have just confirmed a Californian tour date, it will be announced on wednesday!

;_;

mankvill
01-17-2011, 02:33 PM
This is just ridiculous.
Like I've said 5 times already, MDF is better than this every year and that thread isnt filled up with 'Fuck Maryland.'
Some places get lucky with festivals, some don't. Scion hasn't even been in CA before.
Fuck Kansas.

yeah bro how'd you like D666 last year?

christopher
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Scion hasn't even been in CA before.
Fuck Kansas.

Uhhh there are free Scion shows every two months at the Roxy in Hollywood. Before the Roxy, there was a few at the Knitting Factory and Echo in LA, and the first one was at the Showcase in Corona, CA back in march of 2008. So no, this is not the first Scion show in CA. The first Scion rock fest out here, but not show.

tarvos
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Anaal Nathrakh pretty much confirmed they are playing:

Anaal Nathrakh: have just confirmed a Californian tour date, it will be announced on wednesday!

idrinkwine732
01-17-2011, 02:57 PM
From Facebook:

Anaal Nathrakh have just confirmed a Californian tour date, it will be announced on wednesday!

;_;

Anaal Nathrakh pretty much confirmed they are playing:

We know.

TonyD
01-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Mankvill, couldn't you have pretty much gone anywhere you wanted for college?

mankvill
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Mankvill, couldn't you have pretty much gone anywhere you wanted for college?

I may live in the suburbs and be white, but I sure ain't rich

TonyD
01-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I may live in the suburbs and be white, but I sure ain't rich

I'm not talking ivy league, I mean location wise.

mankvill
01-17-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm not talking ivy league, I mean location wise.

whut?

out of state = more expensive

idrinkwine732
01-17-2011, 04:22 PM
whut?

out of state = more expensive

Not always.

DethMaiden
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
My philosophy when I picked IU from a financial perspective was that my parents have $0 saved for my college anyway, so I might as well go where I want. A little more costly than it would have been to go to OSU or something, but either way I'm taking on an unfathomable amount of loans. :party:

:snivel:

mankvill
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Not always.

For me it wwwaaaassssss. Plus I love Lawrence.

Wizzbang11
01-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Uhhh there are free Scion shows every two months at the Roxy in Hollywood. Before the Roxy, there was a few at the Knitting Factory and Echo in LA, and the first one was at the Showcase in Corona, CA back in march of 2008. So no, this is not the first Scion show in CA. The first Scion rock fest out here, but not show.

Shhhh. I meant Rockfest.
And Anaal Nathrakh being confirmed is hilarious.

Sepultura69
01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
I wish it was March 5th already :(

Onioner
01-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh fuck me. Every year I go to Orange County on the weekend nearest March 5th to hang with some friends in the area that I never get to see. Why did it have to be this weekend, hell, this day?!

NecroRob
01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
From Facebook:

;_;

Wow, fuck California.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lehff9M0go1qzxqzt.png

RAZOR
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
From Metal Underground

"The recently announced Scion Rock Fest 2011 is already free, but now Scion is giving away 5 prize packages that include airfare, hotel accomodations and a ticket for you and a friend (limited to residents of the USA). Starting today through February 14, 2011, you can sign up for the sweepstakes here (http://www.facebook.com/scionavmetal?v=app_28134323652). To enter, each person must "Like" the Scion A/V Metal page on Facebook, fill out the entry form with their name, email address, and phone number, and agree to the rules and conditions of the sweepstakes."

Northern_Shaman
01-18-2011, 03:18 PM
From Metal Underground

"The recently announced Scion Rock Fest 2011 is already free, but now Scion is giving away 5 prize packages that include airfare, hotel accomodations and a ticket for you and a friend

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_252/120661221713exlZ.jpg

(limited to residents of the USA).

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/kbfmedia/kbfmedia0908/kbfmedia090800113/5426532-a-young-kid-looks-angry-or-disappointed-holding-two-hands-to-his-forehead.jpg

mankvill
01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
If I win the sweepstakes, Brad, I'll take you.

Wizzbang11
01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
If I win the sweepstakes, Brad, I'll take you.

Psh I'm not taking you anymore if I win.

makethemsuffer12
01-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Entered dat shit. :D

mankvill
01-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Psh I'm not taking you anymore if I win.

changing my mind, i'll take you. brad blasphemed against anaal nathrakh

Wizzbang11
01-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Also just for the record since my chances are extremely slim of winning this, if anyone has tickets that cannot use for some reason I will pay a sum of US currency for them. Goddamn my lack of speed for RSVP'ing.

elturtleboy
01-18-2011, 08:31 PM
you guys have no idea how good the smell of my printed email saying i have a for sure ticket is.

rjturtle9
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
you guys have no idea how good the smell of my printed email saying i have a for sure ticket is.

I'm gonna print it out, smoke it, then print another out, just cause I can.

:tongue:

Sepultura69
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM

Same here :D :dance:

elturtleboy
01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm gonna print it out, smoke it, then print another out, just cause I can.

:tongue:

LMAO!!! and then we can laugh about manky all night long

treghet
01-18-2011, 09:27 PM
LMAO!!! and then we can laugh about manky all night long

Careful guys, he's most likely in a deep depression already. :tongue:

rjturtle9
01-18-2011, 09:39 PM

No making fun of Jackson. I would be mad if someone was making fun of me for not seeing Maiden...

Oh wait, I am seeing Maiden ;)

mankvill
01-18-2011, 09:53 PM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1097/wenis.gif

I didn't know you guys also had personalized messages from Mick of Anaal Nathrakh (http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/720/sejmout4.jpg).

rjturtle9
01-18-2011, 10:02 PM

I didn't know you guys also had personalized messages from Mick of Anaal Nathrakh (http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/720/sejmout4.jpg).

Get something like that from a band that I care about, then you will have an argument.

mankvill
01-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Get something like that from a band that I care about, then you will have an argument.

Sorry, I don't have any J Bieb memorabilia. :D

TonyD
01-19-2011, 01:06 AM
That one cut deep

rjturtle9
01-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Sorry, I don't have any J Bieb memorabilia. :D

Dude, I can actually use that shit on ebay haha

Natrlhi
01-19-2011, 10:13 AM
So has the AN rumor been proven or disproven yet?

detuned
01-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Anaal Nathrakh
Cough
Dark Castle
Dispirit
Immolation
The Body

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/free/scion-rock-fest-2011-unannounced-bands-uh-announced/

TonyD
01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
There you go.

Sepultura69
01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
IMMOLATION GOT ADDED!?!?!?!?!

:hecho: :drool: :flame: :confused: :confused: :blaze: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Wow.....I'm really happy I RSVP'd before they sold out:tongue:

Time to do the happy dance :dance:

treghet
01-20-2011, 06:14 PM
I jizzed in my pants.

Sepultura69
01-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I jizzed in my pants.

What time you actually plan on leaving to get to the show? I just want to get a good idea of how early I should get there from hearing other peoples plans. Doors open/Show starts at 4pm. Will call line starts at 2pm.....obviously its going to be a bit of mission getting everyone in and breaking the news to the people that can't get in.....so How early do you think you'll be going?? :confused:

I think I will most likely get in line by 1 PMish....maybe earlier :hecho:

treghet
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
I honestly don't know. My friend is the one driving, so it depends on what time he's okay with. I'd like to get there as early as possible, but 1 sounds good. But if you have will-call you might want to get there earlier.

Sepultura69
01-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I honestly don't know. My friend is the one driving, so it depends on what time he's okay with. I'd like to get there as early as possible, but 1 sounds good. But if you have will-call you might want to get there earlier.

You are coming from Los Angeles eh? I dont think traffic gets ugly untill passed 2pm:hecho:

Thankfully I have a measly 20 minute drive ahead of me...give or take.:hmm:

Damn it feels good that I didn't have to shell out any cash for this show. Now all the funds can go into food, water and more food and water...and hopefully an awesome Morbid Angel shirt or something:rocker:

treghet
01-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I am actually coming from Orange County, near the beach. I just put LA as my location so people have a better idea of where I live. And I'm definitely going to be buying stuff too. :D I'm hoping Kvelertak brings their album with them, because I don't think they have a label for the US yet.

mankvill
01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Well I hope I win that sweepstakes :D

treghet
01-20-2011, 09:32 PM

Good luck. It'd be cool if you could join our west coast Metalsetlists meet up. :cool:

Sepultura69
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
It'd be cool if you could join our west coast Metalsetlists meet up. :cool:

Is there really? :confused:

I wouldn't mind saying whats up to you guys:eyes:

I mean I know I probably got a lot of shit for my bold postings and some of my stupid posts/comments on these boards when I first joined, but meh.... I'd still like say whats up to ya guys and go ape shit in the pits with yall:cool:

I'd say I'm a pretty calm cool collected Cat if ya got to know me:cool:

RAZOR
01-20-2011, 09:53 PM

Me too! :D

treghet
01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Is there really? :confused:

I wouldn't mind saying whats up to you guys:eyes:

I mean I know I probably got a lot of shit for my bold postings and some of my stupid posts/comments on these boards when I first joint, but meh.... I'd still like say whats up to ya guys and go ape shit in the pits with yall:cool:

I'd say I'm a pretty calm cool collected Cat if ya got to know me:cool:

I was just saying because it seems like a few of us are planning to attend. And no worries man, I think we're all over that.

Sepultura69
01-20-2011, 10:06 PM
I was just saying because it seems like a few of us are planning to attend. And no worries man, I think we're all over that.

If there really is an official "Metalsetlist meet up" I will defintley be down to meet up with you guys and say whats up.

Unfortunately this show sold out before any of my buddies could even RSVP, so this will be my 3rd metal gig that I'll be attending, by myself(We had no idea this show would sell out faster then flies on shit. I just kinda RSVP'd out of boredom....good thing I did):rocker:

We should get a list going on around the end of February to see whos all officially going. I wonder if any Bay Area-Heads on these boards are going as well :rocker:

bt11763
01-20-2011, 11:29 PM

i entered that too :lol:

RAZOR
01-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Immolation, Atheist, Anaal Nathrakh, Dispirit, Cough, and Dark Castle have been added.

christopher
01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Well at least AN is confirmed, but we already knew about Atheist

NecroRob
01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
I can't believe I'm missing this show because of school :bouville:

Anaal Nathrakh best be planning on touring the rest of the country while they're here. AN/Wormrot U.S. tour? I like the sound of that.

brian
01-21-2011, 11:10 AM

Anaal Nathrakh best be planning on touring the rest of the country while they're here. AN/Wormrot U.S. tour? I like the sound of that.

Wormrot is touring with Tombs.

Dispirit's demo is damn good. Would love to see them. AN would be quality, too.

mankvill
01-21-2011, 12:52 PM

highly highly highly doubt it

elturtleboy
01-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Cool to se AN got in but no Owen Hart?:bawling:

christopher
01-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Cool to se AN got in but no Owen Hart?:bawling:

Hmm or we could get Owen Hart at the Blvd on a headlining show! How bout that? Instead of accidentally missed them cause we're stuck at another stage.

elturtleboy
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Hmm or we could get Owen Hart at the Blvd on a headlining show! How bout that? Instead of accidentally missed them cause we're stuck at another stage.

i was hoping that too. With Graf Orlock would be perfect:blaze:

Rocco44
01-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Fuck yes!!! I cant wait, even though I didn't ask my friends if they could come before it sold out, oh well.

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
BUMPIN THE THREAD FOR OL' Time sake:D

39 MOE DAYZ MUTHA FUCKUHZZZZ:rocker:

AnataFan4Life
01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
California gets this and the Big 4 reunion show. Why must I be stuck in fucking Virginia?!:mad:

mankvill
01-25-2011, 08:08 PM
California gets this and the Big 4 reunion show. Why must I be stuck in fucking Virginia?!:mad:

Dude, they never get any metal tours or fests or shows. It's about time for them, ya know?

idrinkwine732
01-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Dude, they never get any metal tours or fests or shows. It's about time for them, ya know?

:rolleyes:

mankvill
01-25-2011, 08:29 PM
:rolleyes:

elturtleboy
01-25-2011, 10:18 PM

:party::party::party:

jd091
01-25-2011, 10:50 PM

And Lamb of God is from Richmond! :wtf:

mankvill
02-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't think the set times have been posted yet:

https://secure.scion.com/pub-share/rock/images/rockfest_setlist.jpg

christopher
02-05-2011, 04:18 PM
GOD DAMNIT! MA and AN are playing at the same time!!

mankvill
02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
GOD DAMNIT! MA and AN are playing at the same time!!

Yeah, that'd be the biggest fucking problem for me. If it were LITERALLY ANY OTHER BAND THAN ANAAL NATHRAKH, even Iron Maiden or Sodom, I'd watch Morbid Angel.

Sepultura69
02-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Death Angel - 8:40-950 pm
Obituary - 9:00-9:55

:wallbang:

mastodon421
02-05-2011, 04:36 PM

That's such an easy choice, Death Angel.

christopher
02-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Looks like my day will consist of showing up around 11 or so to get in line, wait and wait, then wait some more. First thing I'll do when I go in is get a pit wrist band from the Fox so I'm up close for MA. Watch Wormrot and BBB, then debate on Nails or Atheist for a while and give into Nails haha, then debate on going back to the Fox and wait for MA or see Death Angel.

christopher
02-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Woah! WTF!! Why is Wormrot only scheduled 10 minutes? Thats fucked up

ShatteredFlame
02-05-2011, 05:10 PM
then debate on Nails or Atheist for a while and give into Nails haha,

:fist:

Sepultura69
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Looks like my day will consist of showing up around 11 or so to get in line, wait and wait, then wait some more. First thing I'll do when I go in is get a pit wrist band from the Fox so I'm up close for MA. Watch Wormrot and BBB, then debate on Nails or Atheist for a while and give into Nails haha, then debate on going back to the Fox and wait for MA or see Death Angel.

You're going to show up around 11 am? I think the Will call starts at 2 pm. But I plan on getting there by 11:30ish-12pmish. Also, what do you mean by "getting a pit wristband from the fox theater". Is this show going to be pretty strict on what sections and areas you can be and not be at?? I assumed you just go early, get int line, hopefully get entrance to the show and BOOM...You're in, hassle free.:hecho:

DethMaiden
02-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd be walking around making sure I saw Kvelertak, Atheist, Obituary and Anaal Nathrakh and the bands between them would be incidental.

mankvill
02-05-2011, 05:23 PM
When I did Scion Garage Fest, I picked up my wristband the day I could from a local record store. With it, I can get into any of the venues in any of the sections of it. Only one had something other than a GA area, but I had no problems sitting there instead of the GA.

Sepultura69
02-05-2011, 05:47 PM
When I did Scion Garage Fest, I picked up my wristband the day I could from a local record store. With it, I can get into any of the venues in any of the sections of it. Only one had something other than a GA area, but I had no problems sitting there instead of the GA.

I really hope that the will call booth is where I get my wrist band. I would hate to go there and find out I'm going into the will call booth for something totally different AND THEN find out I have to go in another completely different line to get my wristband.:hecho:

TonyD
02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't think I'm gonna go...

treghet
02-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Looks like none of the bands I really want to see are conflicting! :party: However, a few others are. I wanted to see Death Angle, Nails, and Integrity. I'll probably run over to see Crom near the end of Wormrot's set. I have yet to completely figure out my schedule though.

Woah! WTF!! Why is Wormrot only scheduled 10 minutes? Thats fucked up

Agreed. But at least they're playing at The Blvd.

I'd say just go see them at Chain Reaction. I've been there a bunch of times, and it's pretty fun. It's more of a personal experience with the bands since it's a pretty small venue.

mankvill
02-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I really hope that the will call booth is where I get my wrist band. I would hate to go there and find out I'm going into the will call booth for something totally different AND THEN find out I have to go in another completely different line to get my wristband.:hecho:

For Garage Fest they had a big table outside one of the venues with multiple people working it where you'd go up, show them your ID and get your wristband.

treghet
02-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I have a feeling it's not going to be as crazy trying to get in as people think. They seem to have everything pretty organized so far, so don't worry about it.

idrinkwine732
02-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't think I'm gonna go...

Did you RSVP?

EDIT:

Also, I think I'm gonna see Anaal Nathrakh, Morbid Angel will come around some time, but I'm not sure AN will ever come to San Francisco.

mankvill
02-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Did you RSVP?

EDIT:

Also, I think I'm gonna see Anaal Nathrakh, Morbid Angel will come around some time, but I'm not sure AN will ever come to San Francisco.

Well, 66.6666666667% of the shows they've played outside of Europe have been in California.

larvtard
02-05-2011, 07:11 PM
https://secure.scion.com/pub-share/rock/images/rockfest_setlist.jpg

This is the main problem with these types of festivals. I couldn't fathom choosing between Morbid Angel and Anaal. Plus, I would be missing Municipal Waste who I would have liked to seen.

This is how my day would probbaly look like, though:

Wormrot- 4:40 to 4:50
run over to Tent 2 for...
Woe 5:35 to 6:10
run back over to Tent #1 and see the last ten minutes or so of Primate as I wait for...
Nails 6:45 to 7:10
choose between running over to the Fox to see Agalloch from 7:40 to 8:30 or the Glass House to see Immolation from 7:30 to 8:15. Either way I'd be missing Black Breath, who are really good live.
If I decide to see Immolation, I'll just stay at the Glass House after their set and wait for...
Death Angel- 8:40 to 9:35
...If I decide to see Anaal Nathrakh, then I'll start my trek to the Fox. On the way maybe I'll stop at Tent 1 if Integrity is any good. I bet a lot of people will be thinking of doing this, so my plan may not even work, but I'll try to see the first 15-20 min of Morbid Angel, haul it over to Tent 2 for Anaal 10:50 to 11:30. Then I'll try to catch the last 15 minutes of Morbid Angel 9:30 to 10:45, which probably won't work out, so I may have to leave before Anaal's last song.
...If I decide to see Morbid Angel, I'll do the same thing as above, without stopping at Tent 2 at all. But who knows, I may decide to stay for Municipal Waste a bit then go over to the Fox or Tent 2.

...If I was going :eyes:

mankvill
02-05-2011, 07:39 PM
If I was going, I'd do:

Wormrot
Crom
Kvelertak
Atheist
Immolation
Agalloch
Obituary
Municipal Waste
Anaal Nathrakh

slapguitarer
02-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I was going I'd go
Atheist
Agalloch
Obituary
Dispirt(depending how much time they had left after Obituary)
Morbid Angel

idrinkwine732
02-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Wormrot
Kverlertak
Atheist (They spelled it wrong on the poster...)
Agalloch
Obituary
Last 1/2 of Dispirit
Anall Nathrakh

Rough sketch of my day.

TonyD
02-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Did you RSVP?

Yeah. If I went I would just be able to see Crom, Kvelertak, Floor, Immolation, Death Angel and Waste. 8 hour drive each way, gas money, no where to stay makes it pretty unattractive.

idrinkwine732
02-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah. If I went I would just be able to see Crom, Kvelertak, Floor, Immolation, Death Angel and Waste. 8 hour drive each way, gas money, no where to stay makes it pretty unattractive.

If it's possible, is there any way I could take your ticket?

treghet
02-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Here's what I'm planning to do:

Wormrot (4:40 - 4:50) - After they're done I'll catch the rest of Crom's set.
Crom (4:45 - 5:10) - Then after Crom I'll probably go buy merch and then go wait for Kvelertak.
Kvelertak (5:35 - 6:15)
Atheist (6:25 - 7:10)
Immolation (7:30 - 8:15) - After Immolation is done I'll go watch the rest of Agalloch's set.
Agalloch (7:40 - 8:30)
Death Angel (8:40 - 9:35) - I'll watch a few songs and then go see Obituary.
Obituary (9:00 - 9:55) - Afterward I'll go watch Integrity.
Integrity (9:30 - 10:25) - I'll leave a few minutes before they finish to ensure I get a good spot for Morbid Angel. :rocker:
Morbid Angel (10:30 - 11:45)

TonyD
02-05-2011, 08:43 PM
If it's possible, is there any way I could take your ticket?

I would have to pick it up in the city next weekend, which I might be able to do. If you're on the waiting list you should get in because they gave kind of a short window to pick up tickets in store, I think a lot of people won't.

idrinkwine732
02-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I would have to pick it up in the city next weekend, which I might be able to do. If you're on the waiting list you should get in because they gave kind of a short window to pick up tickets in store, I think a lot of people won't.

I RSVP'd, but I have a friend who didn't.

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Immo and Agalloch playing at the same time, that's gotta hurt..

ShatteredFlame
02-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Agalloch easily. Immo tour all the time.

elturtleboy
02-06-2011, 01:07 AM
this shit kicked my ass hard. I gotta think for this

EDIT:nvm i think i got it

4:45-510-Crom(ill see wormrot the day before if anything)
5:10-Fuck The Facts

6-625:Primate(idk who they are but theyre in the grind/hxc stage and im tired of BBB)
6:25-7:10-Atheist(unless for some damn reason I dont see Nail this month then ill ditch Atheist)
7:35-8:10-Black Breath
8:30-9:10-Necrite

9:00-9:55-Obituary
10-10:55-Municipal Waste
10:55-11:30-Anaal Nathrakh(For Manky!!)

jd091
02-06-2011, 01:47 AM
Agalloch easily. Immo tour all the time.

Gotta agree, Immolation were good on tour but not amazing. If I were you guys, I would stick with Agalloch.

Wizzbang11
02-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I'd be pretty disappointed at the lineup if I had gotten a ticket, every band I really would like to see overlaps with another one (besides Christian Mistress.)

Christian Mistress
Fuck the Facts
Atheist
Immolation/Agalloch?
Bastard Noise/Obituary?
Morbid Angel/Anaal Nathrakh/Municipal Waste?

Now, if I had to choose I'd go:
Christian Mistress
Fuck the Facts
Atheist
Immolation
Bastard Noise
Morbid Angel

but that's really hard...

christopher
02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
You're going to show up around 11 am? I think the Will call starts at 2 pm. But I plan on getting there by 11:30ish-12pmish. Also, what do you mean by "getting a pit wristband from the fox theater". Is this show going to be pretty strict on what sections and areas you can be and not be at?? I assumed you just go early, get int line, hopefully get entrance to the show and BOOM...You're in, hassle free.:hecho:

Yeah I will, I also am going to pick up my tickets before hand, so I don't have to deal with will call. Why would you do will call and not just go to a record store?

For some unknown reason, the Fox decided to do what the Wiltern does and limit the amount of people who go in the front section of the pit. They didn't do this a year ago, but in the last 6 months or so they cracked down and only allowed those with a wristband to be up front against the rail. If you didn't have the wrist band, then you had to stand about 40 feet back. I'm not sure if they will be strict about it for this show or not.

treghet
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Hopefully they don't do the wristband thing, because with people going back and forth between stages chances are there will always be room for more people on the floor level...

elturtleboy
02-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Bastard Noise/Obituary?

Bastard Noise are boring as fuck live. Great on a ipod but they suck ass live. Plus im sure they'll play around you soon.

Sepultura69
02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd say just go see them at Chain Reaction. I've been there a bunch of times, and it's pretty fun. It's more of a personal experience with the bands since it's a pretty small venue.

Yeah, I feel ya on that one brotha. I saw Destruction at the Chain Reaction back in 2009, and I will admit, I really liked how small and "intimate" the venue was. Really damn small and intimate. I've only been there once but I did have a blast, indeed.:rocker:

Though I gotta admit. The biggest downer about Destruction was they had to cut their setlist by a decent amount of tunes. I would hate for the same to happen to Death Angel.:wallbang:

elturtleboy
02-10-2011, 09:12 PM
they changed the times,so im gonna have to miss like 10 mins of some bands now. UGHHHH:wtf::lame::censored::foaming::badidea::piss ed:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/167817_10150387590815103_131869355102_17397048_379 1988_n.jpg

I think its cool they gave Wormrot more time now but ugh this kinda sucks,im gonna have to leave early for some bands now

treghet
02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
As long as the stages are all on time, it looks like my plans will still work out. I'll be cutting some things close though.

elturtleboy
02-10-2011, 09:37 PM
the only thing that grinds my gears is that the 5 min time of Obituary to Wste is gone. I dont mind missing the last 10 min of Wormrot/Primate caus im seeing them the day before. % min of FTF isnt bad since ive seen em before. Meh i guess i complained for nothing.

Sepultura69
02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm still deciding on whether I want to see Morbid Angel or Anaal Nathrakh for the grand finale. I don't want to pull this "I'm seeing this band for 30 minutes and seeing the last 30 minutes of the other band" bullshit. If i'm going to choose, I want to choose one band and stick for the entire set.

:bouville:

elturtleboy
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm still deciding on whether I want to see Morbid Angel or Anaal Nathrakh for the grand finale. I don't want to pull this "I'm seeing this band for 30 minutes and seeing the last 30 minutes of the other band" bullshit. If i'm going to choose, I want to choose one band and stick for the entire set.

:bouville:

im gonna miss the first ten min of AN due to municipal Waste. After that ill try to catch the last 10 min of Morbid Angel:tongue:

mankvill
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
>band comes from Europe
>playing only their third show out of Europe
>give them 45 minutes

awesome.

elturtleboy
02-10-2011, 10:41 PM
I looked up Primate. Kevin from Brutal Truth and the dude from mastadon(not a fan) im excited for this. I dont mind leaving 5 before they end cause the jumped inthe wormrot bill the day before as well.:blaze:

idrinkwine732
02-11-2011, 12:00 AM
>band comes from Europe
>give them 45 minutes

awesome.

Frankly, I'm no complainer about their set length. 45 minutes would be just dandy if they weren't playing when fucking Morbid Angel are.

Sepultura69
02-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Frankly, I'm no complainer about their set length. 45 minutes would be just dandy if they weren't playing when fucking Morbid Angel are.

this

brian
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
>band comes from Europe
>give them 45 minutes

awesome.

You're right, it's just a lot better for them to not play the show at all.

Scion is known for giving bands the hookup when they play their shows...fancy hotels and all that shit. No band is going to be complaining about a free vacation.

brian
02-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I looked up Primate. Kevin from Brutal Truth and the dude from mastadon(not a fan) im excited for this. I dont mind leaving 5 before they end cause the jumped inthe wormrot bill the day before as well.:blaze:

I've seen them twice and am gonna see them again in a few weeks with Cro-Mags. Granted one of those sets was a Black Flag cover set and there's really no way that can't be fun, but they put on a hell of a show.

elturtleboy
02-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I've seen them twice and am gonna see them again in a few weeks with Cro-Mags. Granted one of those sets was a Black Flag cover set and there's really no way that can't be fun, but they put on a hell of a show.

ughhh thats sounds fun.

christopher
02-15-2011, 06:53 PM

Oh shit! Wormrot, Murder Construct and Primate at the Blvd??? Fucking sick!

elturtleboy
02-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh shit! Wormrot, Murder Construct and Primate at the Blvd??? Fucking sick!

yes,we will have another chance to hug kevin sharp at the blvd again. Im really excited for this band,and i was wondering why he had a monkey on his shirt.

christopher
02-15-2011, 07:34 PM
yes,we will have another chance to hug kevin sharp at the blvd again. Im really excited for this band,and i was wondering why he had a monkey on his shirt.

metalsetlists group hug with kevin sharp? I think we need a pic of it :D