PDA

View Full Version : Central Illinois Metalfest 2011

mankvill
01-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Making a preemptive thread. From Facebook:

CIM 2011 dates announced as soon as tomorrow possibly....Tickets go on sale and the first bands announced in possibly 2 weeks!! If your a young act 0r mid card act and always wanted to play the CIM ...we may have a option for you .....message us for more details!!

mankvill
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM
CIM 2011 is july 22,23 and 24 once again in Urbana, IL @ the Canopy Club

Will be 43 bands in total!! First bands for 2011 are

First Bands for CIM 2011 ARE

EXHUMED (CA)
CEPHALIC CARNAGE (CO)
NACHTMYSTIUM (IL)
DECREPIT BIRTH (CA)
GORGASM (IN)
PESHMERGA (IL)
GORETRADE (Columbia)
ROTTENNESS (mex)
GRAVEHILL (CA)
FACE OF RUIN (WI)
DROGHEDA (OH)
SEXUAL ATROCITIES (WI)
ENGAGED IN MUTILATING (Tx)
MORGUE SUPPLIER (IL)
CYGNUS LOOP (IL)

More bands be announced over the next months!

DethMaiden
01-31-2011, 08:42 PM
I know people who will definitely be going to this. Gotta decide if it's worth it to me. So far Cephalic Carnage, Gorgasm, and Gravehill are most intriguing.

jd091
01-31-2011, 08:56 PM
I know people who will definitely be going to this. Gotta decide if it's worth it to me. So far Cephalic Carnage, Gorgasm, and Gravehill are most intriguing.

YOU FORGET DECREPIT BIRTH

DethMaiden
01-31-2011, 08:57 PM
YOU FORGET DECREPIT BIRTH

Nah.

idrinkwine732
01-31-2011, 09:15 PM
A great start.

jd091
01-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Nah.

Blasphemy! :nonono:

christopher
01-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Exhumed needs to start playing LA! I'm glad to see Gravehill is getting exposed more, those guys are some good homies.

mankvill
01-31-2011, 10:43 PM

Listen to Exhumed. Now.

ShatteredFlame
02-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Exhumed are good but the rest suck

Natrlhi
02-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Nah.

Decrepit Birth are better than Cephalic Carnage any fucking day, broski.

mankvill
02-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Getting a needle shoved through your dick is better than Cephalic Carnage any fucking day, broski.

fixed

mankvill
03-06-2011, 12:28 PM
MACABRE (IL)
NUNSLAUGHTER (OH)
EMBALMER (OH)
...BLASHPEMER (ITALY)
CEREBRAL EFFUSION (SPAIN)
CALLTHE PARAMEDICS (NJ)
MALEBOLGIA (NC)
VERMILLION (WI)
GROTESQUEUPHORIA (NY)
FESTERFUCK (WI)
GORGY (TN)
SOLIDIFICATION (OH)
CARPATHIAN FUNERAL (IL)

more bands announced soon!!

llama lom
03-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Unless I stay at near school for the summer (highly unlikely) there's no way I could go to this. Maybe some other year when I have money to rent an apartment.

DethMaiden
03-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Macabre and Nunslaughter too...damn, I might have to try to make this. Depends on who plays which nights, I think, because I probably wouldn't do all three days.

Wizzbang11
03-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd be all over this if I was in the area.
Doesn't live up to 2007 when they had Impetigo reunite..but that's almost unbeatable. I need to see Nunslaughter at some point. The more material I hear from Macabre the less I feel the need to see them. Had Sinister Slaughter been their last release they'd be one of the greatest death metal acts around, but everything they have done since that has been lame and increasingly more so, I haven't even listened to the whole new album but I don't want to keep lowering my expectations of what they could be live.

christopher
03-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I'd be all over this if I was in the area.
Doesn't live up to 2007 when they had Impetigo reunite..but that's almost unbeatable. I need to see Nunslaughter at some point. The more material I hear from Macabre the less I feel the need to see them. Had Sinister Slaughter been their last release they'd be one of the greatest death metal acts around, but everything they have done since that has been lame and increasingly more so, I haven't even listened to the whole new album but I don't want to keep lowering my expectations of what they could be live.

There are a handful of awesome songs on the Murder Metal Album I like. I saw Macabre a few years ago in Hollywood. My friend has seen them come through here a bunch of times and they never headline, so they only play 45 minutes or so each time. Its definitely worth seeing. Now, a Nunslaughter/Macabre tour would be pretty sweet :rocker: