PDA

View Full Version : Big D and The Kids Table -- Asbury Park, NJ -- January 8th, 2011

Bergman101
01-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Yes, I am aware that this is Metalsetlists and not Skasetlists. Haters gonna hate and normally I would agree. I do not like most ska music but there are a select few bands in that genre I like, Big D happens to be in that few. We got there early and most of the opening bands weren't great. The first band was not good, they were generic ska and so forgetful that I forgot their name.... Anywho, the second band was The Far Away Boys and they weren't too bad, they played good punk in the same vain as Bad Religion. The last of the locals was The Best of The Worst, they were interesting. Kinda like skacore, ska with breakdowns... They were pretty good.

Finally, around 10:15 Big D and The Kids Table hit the stage and they were awesome. I haven't seen them since warped tour '09 and they were just great. A lot of energy, a lot of singing along, just a really awesome time. Set is a little out of order and I'm missing a few songs but this is pretty much what they played. 9.5/10

???
Myself
???
Souped-Up Vinyl
Rotten (new song)
Bender
Try Out Your Voice
Girls Against Drunk Bitches
My Girlfriends On Drugs
Digging In Your Nails
We Can Live Anywhere
Not Fucking Around
Lash Out
What The Hell Are You Going To Do?
Shining On
We All Have To Burn Something
New Song
Noise Complaint

encore:
Hell On Earth :party:
L.A.X. :party:

Had a great time, can't wait to see these guys on warped tour again this year!!

JRA
01-10-2011, 07:07 AM
You have to post stuff like this in general chat.

Bergman101
01-10-2011, 09:30 AM
uhhh, setlists go in the setlists forum???

IrritatedTrout
01-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Not non-metal or metal-related ones.

DethMaiden
01-10-2011, 09:36 AM
This is my favorite argument, let's please have it.

elturtleboy
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Fuck haters. Big D kicks ass. Big D>deathcore caca false metal bands ppl post here.

JRA
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
There are people who have posted their non-metal setlists moved by the mod. Why the fuck should you self-righteous assholes get special treatment?

Travis The Dragon
01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Rush isn't metal except their old stuff and it's allowed here.

IrritatedTrout
01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Big D>deathcore caca false metal bands ppl post here.

Very true but that isn't saying much.

mankvill
01-10-2011, 08:24 PM
There are people who have posted their non-metal setlists moved by the mod. Why the fuck should you self-righteous assholes get special treatment?

because he actually attended and reviews the show

would rather have this than "lol here's 8 random show setlists from the 80s with no source"

JRA
01-10-2011, 09:24 PM
because he actually attended and reviews the show

would rather have this than "lol here's 8 random show setlists from the 80s with no source"

Those did have sources, a bootleg site.

elturtleboy
01-10-2011, 09:48 PM
this guy went. He reviewed and he got the setlist. Stop being close minded and let him be

Maiden33
01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
God damn it, how hard is it to stop having this argument?

"Metal" = Metal/Rock, so anything that's just rock is still fine. But if something has no ties to rock/metal, it should be moved. At least this is the way it's usually been, though I think the rules keep changing. It's NOT about being "self righteous" or "close-minded", it's just about keeping things in order. Even though the active posters on this board enjoy reading show reviews, even if they are not metal/rock, nobody is coming here for completely non rock/metal setlists, and this site gets a LOT of views from non-posters.

mankvill
01-10-2011, 10:56 PM
God damn it, how hard is it to stop having this argument?

"Metal" = Metal/Rock, so anything that's just rock is still fine. But if something has no ties to rock/metal, it should be moved. At least this is the way it's usually been, though I think the rules keep changing. It's NOT about being "self righteous" or "close-minded", it's just about keeping things in order. Even though the active posters on this board enjoy reading show reviews, even if they are not metal/rock, nobody is coming here for completely non rock/metal setlists, and this site gets a LOT of views from non-posters.

ska = part punk

punk = ties to rock

woot

Maiden33
01-10-2011, 11:00 PM
ska = part punk

punk = ties to rock

woot

I honestly have no idea who the artist in question even is, I'm just stating my feelings on the issue either way.

But by that logic, almost any sort of genre of music is technically eligible.

Dextrimental
01-11-2011, 09:23 AM
My Stone Sour concert thread got moved when I posted it after halloween. If Stone Sour get moved, this DEFINITELY gets moved.

DethMaiden
01-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Nothing should get moved and people who come into threads for bands whom they know nothing about to whine about principles should be shot.

powerslave_85
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
WHO GIVES A FUCK

Maiden33
01-11-2011, 10:14 AM
people who come into threads for bands whom they know nothing about to whine about principles should be shot.

For the record, I only came in here because I saw this topic was getting a lot of attention.

DethMaiden
01-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I was more referring to JRA, thread cop.

And yeah, what Nick said.

Wizzbang11
01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
We're on a setlist forum, this is a goddamn setlist.
As much as I'd rather not have to see Ben Folds and Blink 182 sets, it's not like there is an overabundance of setlists to the point where some need to be weeded out.

elturtleboy
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
As much as I'd rather not have to see Ben Folds and Blink 182 sets, it's not like there is an overabundance of setlists to the point where some need to be weeded out.

:party:

mankvill
01-11-2011, 03:16 PM

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1097/wenis.gif