Sleeping Giant
The Human Abstract
Darkest Hour

mankvill
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
lol

mastodon421
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
That's actually not a bad lineup, imo. I really want to see Darket Hour and Born Of Osiris, The Human Abstract is pretty good too.

jd091
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Awesome! Born of Osiris put on a great show back in November, and I've been waiting to see Darkest Hour for a while. Can't wait to see dates!

The column that the guitarist from the Human Abstract does on Metalsucks is really, really good. They're extremely smart when it comes to writing music; it'll be great to see them too.

Bergman101
01-08-2011, 08:40 PM
uhhh. Don't get me wrong, I like most of those bands but I really hope Darkest Hour is way higher on that bill, like headlining would be nice...

jd091
01-09-2011, 08:54 AM
uhhh. Don't get me wrong, I like most of those bands but I really hope Darkest Hour is way higher on that bill, like headlining would be nice...

They would HAVE to be headlining, no question. This is just a rough draft of the bands attending, I assume. It's probably gonna be:

Darkest Hour
Born of Osiris
As Blood Runs Black
Sleeping Giant
The Human Abstract

MPF
01-09-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm happy to see The Human Abstract is back. I've always dug them a lot.

That bill is actually not too shabby.

brian
01-09-2011, 11:57 AM
They would HAVE to be headlining, no question. This is just a rough draft of the bands attending, I assume. It's probably gonna be:

Darkest Hour
Born of Osiris
As Blood Runs Black
Sleeping Giant
The Human Abstract

Darkest Hour would not be headlining. Just because they're the best (really the only good band on the bill) does not mean they have the most draw. I don't think you realize just how big Born of Osiris is...

In 2004 yeah, maybe Darkest Hour could have headlined a big tour like this but this is 2011. They'll probably be 2nd after The Human Abstract. Maybe 3rd after Sleeping Giant.

mastodon421
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
There is zero chance Darkest Hour will play before Sleeping Giant. Born Of Osiris might headline over them, but Darkest Hour will play before the other bands on the bill for sure.

MPF
01-09-2011, 12:10 PM
After looking up who Sleeping Giant is, I don't think Darkest Hour will be playing No God on this tour.

jd091
01-09-2011, 12:12 PM
After looking up who Sleeping Giant is, I don't think Darkest Hour will be playing No God on this tour.

:lol:

:fist:

brian
01-09-2011, 12:15 PM
I had Sleeping Giant confused with another band. Yeah Darkest Hour will be after them. But they certainly won't be headlining. Born of Osiris is huge these days. Kids don't care about Darkest Hour anymore...pretty much every headlining tour they've done in recent memory has come with report after report of people leaving after the direct support band. It sucks. They used to be so good.

MPF
01-09-2011, 12:22 PM
I had Sleeping Giant confused with another band. Yeah Darkest Hour will be after them. But they certainly won't be headlining. Born of Osiris is huge these days. Kids don't care about Darkest Hour anymore...pretty much every headlining tour they've done in recent memory has come with report after report of people leaving after the direct support band. It sucks. They used to be so good.

It's simple, get Kris Norris back in the band.

Undoing Ruin and Deliver Us are their 2 best albums. It also didn't hurt Devin Townsend helped out on both albums. When i hung out with Darkest hour during Sounds Of The Underground, Kris Norris was easily the coolest guitarist I had met until that time. I don't think I was the first, but it was right around that time he told me he wanted to make a solo album. Devin Townsend meets Liquid Tension Experiment. That's exactly what Icons Of The Illogical is.

Anyways enough ranting. I will always like Darkest Hour, but they won't be headlining tours again until they get Kris Norris back in the fold.

mastodon421
01-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Darkest Hour is headlining, the offical tour announcment and poster is on the Atticus Facebook page.

brian
01-10-2011, 02:59 PM
They're actually co-headlining with Born of Osiris but I'm happy to be wrong. Darkest Hour fucking rules.

jd091
01-10-2011, 05:56 PM
They're actually co-headlining with Born of Osiris but I'm happy to be wrong. Darkest Hour fucking rules.

Co-headlining makes sense, even though DK SHOULD be headlining. BOO's new album will be out by the time this tour hits, so their popularity is only gonna rise. They're good live, so I'm not complainin'.

MPF
01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Judging from this, Darkest Hour gets top billing:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/AtticusMetal2011.jpg

jd091
01-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Please, Please, PLEASE go to either the Metro or House of Blues in Chicago. That would be pretty awesome.

MPF
01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Tour Dates:

Feb. 25 - Washington, DC - 930 Club (DARKEST HOUR CD-release show)
Feb. 26 - Virginia Beach, VA - Skate High
Feb. 27 - Greensboro, NC - Greene St
Feb. 28 - Pittsburgh, PA - Diesel
Mar. 01 - Joliet (Chicagoland), IL - Mojoes (w/ IN THE MIDST OF LIONS)
Mar. 02 - Sauget (St. Louis), IL - Pop's (w/ IN THE MIDST OF LIONS)
Mar. 03 - Covington, KY - The Madhatter (w/ IN THE MIDST OF LIONS)
Mar. 04 - Detroit, MI - Harpos (w/ IN THE MIDST OF LIONS)
Mar. 05 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave (w/ IN THE MIDST OF LIONS)
Mar. 06 - St. Paul, MN - The Station (w/ IN THE MIDST OF LIONS)
Mar. 07 - Iowa City, IA - Blue Moose
Mar. 08 - Omaha, NE - Sokol Underground
Mar. 09 - Colorado TBA
Mar. 10 - Salt Lake City, UT - Club Sound (w/ NORMA JEAN, STICK TO YOUR GUNS)
Mar. 11 - Reno, NV - The Alley
Mar. 12 - Sacramento, CA - Ace of Spades
Mar. 13 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
Mar. 14 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
Mar. 15 - Boise, ID - The Venue
Mar. 17 - Santa Clara, CA - The Avalon (w/ SLEEPING GIANT)
Mar. 18 - Modesto, CA - Seasons Hall (w/ SLEEPING GIANT)
Mar. 19 - Anaheim, CA - The Grove - California Metalfest V
Mar. 20 - Tucson, AZ - The Rock
Mar. 22 - Tulsa, OK - Marquee Theatre
Mar. 24 - Indianapolis, IN - Emerson Theatre
Mar. 25 - Dayton, OH - The Attic
Mar. 26 - Lancaster, PA - Chameleon Club (w/ THIS OR THE APOCALYPSE)
Mar. 27 - Albany, NY - Northern Lights (w/ THIS OR THE APOCALYPSE)

jd091
01-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Thank you, Darkest Hour, for coming to yet another suburb of fuckin' Chicago instead of the goddamn city because I don't have a car right now. I appreciate it. Because, y'know, there's only about 30 different venues in the city you can go to.