PDA

View Full Version : Wolves In The Throne Room -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- January 6th, 2011

bigguytoo9
01-07-2011, 06:14 AM
WHAT A SHOW!!!!! WOW!!!!

the stage was ONLY lit by two candles standing on a table and some lanterns places around different areas of the stage as well.

They of course used a fog machine, To its fullest extent. Maybe not like a Sunn0))) show but it got the job more then done.

I cant remember the setlist that much but they did play

-Ahrimanic Trance
-Cleansing
-I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots

Someone please help me out on that one. Also I didnt catch the opening bands and am runnin on two hours sleep before work. Maybe ill do a more indepth review of the performance later. Wish I could have taken pictures.

Northern_Shaman
01-07-2011, 08:31 AM
I was really thinking about going to this, but ended up not being able to. I bet it was an awesome show! What time did it end?

Also, where the fuck do you park for shows at the Rickshaw?

Natrlhi
01-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Also, where the fuck do you park for shows at the Rickshaw?I was about to :lol: at this, but thankfullly I read it again. It's a good thing you didn't ask "where is rickshaw parking located?", or I would still be laughing.

bigguytoo9
01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I was really thinking about going to this, but ended up not being able to. I bet it was an awesome show! What time did it end?

Also, where the fuck do you park for shows at the Rickshaw?

I dont drive, and I come out from White Rock so parking is never an issue for me. There's parking stalls near the Rickshaw Theater like around the corner from Hastings.

Northern_Shaman
01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
I dont drive, and I come out from White Rock so parking is never an issue for me. There's parking stalls near the Rickshaw Theater like around the corner from Hastings.

Ahhh. Parking there is sketchy as shit but I guess it's the only option. The other place I'm regularly at is UBC and bussing from there/back is hell. I don't think you can even make it after 12:30.

:lol: at Nat though. Yes. I am a time traveller.

floydhunter9
01-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I would love to see this show.

bigguytoo9
01-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Iits like 30 seconds into every song the band gets swallowed in Fog and the ambiance begins. They also had tree branches and other things related to nature covering the amps and even in the bass drum.

Quite the spectical.