PDA

View Full Version : Paul DiAnno -- Hollywood, CA -- January 5th, 2011

andrew_metalhead
01-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Fantastic and very memorable show. Loved each and every minute of DiAnno's set and also Icarus Witch were really good. Was in the front row the whole time. Might go to tomorrow's show in Santa Ana too depending on whether I get a ride back.

Paul DiAnno set list (A cover of AC/DC's Highway To Hell was played before "Iron Maiden", and "Sanctuary" wasn't played)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs076.snc6/168641_479976887132_628232132_6344881_933189_n.jpg

christopher
01-06-2011, 04:03 AM
Awesome show! I got there around 8, picked up my ticket, then my friends and I went back to my car for lots of smokes and Blue Moons. Around 1045, a cop pulled up into the parking lot, so my stoned ass freaked out haha and ran inside and found a spot right up front on the left side of the stage. Great set. Too bad they played Highway to Hell instead of Sanctuary. My friends and I were still fucked up after the show...so we decided it would be a good idea to hit up the nearest strip club hahaha...good way to end the night haha

elturtleboy
01-06-2011, 12:02 PM
The show was so much fun. A great way to start all my shows for 2011. Fuck haters. I will definitely catch him next time:rocker:

rjturtle9
01-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Never going to see that loser again! Music was great, but Paul is an ass.

elturtleboy
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM

u smell like ass

rjturtle9
01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
u smell like ass

Yeah, but you like that.

elturtleboy
01-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah, but you like that.

nope,i liked this show. Di'Anno was fuckin badass. And anibubu agrees. And what he says-goes.

rjturtle9
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
nope,i liked this show. Di'Anno was fuckin badass. And anibubu agrees. And what he says-goes.

Dude he likes Winds of Plague and Whitechapel.

Sepultura69
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
u smell like ass
Yeah, but you like that.

:lol:

elturtleboy
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM

i still love him!

ijwthstd
01-07-2011, 08:27 AM

It's well known in certain circles that Bruce Dickinson is quite possibly the biggest asshole in the history of music. That said, that behavior is somewhat more tolerable from a broken down 52 year old man who has to live in a van most of the year than someone who travels by private jet and works a few months a year.

andrew_metalhead
01-07-2011, 10:51 AM
It's well known in certain circles that Bruce Dickinson is quite possibly the biggest asshole in the history of music. That said, that behavior is somewhat more tolerable from a broken down 52 year old man who has to live in a van most of the year than someone who travels by private jet and works a few months a year.

I can't say from my experience whether Bruce is an ass or not, because I never met him, but Paul is definitely not. Whatever he says on stage is not meant to be taken seriously anyway. He just jokes around.

elturtleboy
01-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I can't say from my experience whether Bruce is an ass or not, because I never met him, but Paul is definitely not. Whatever he says on stage is not meant to be taken seriously anyway. He just jokes around.

and this is coming from a hardcore maiden fan:rocker:

Maiden33
01-07-2011, 11:38 PM

I happen to think Bruce Dickinson is simply one of the most opinionated and blunt people in the music industry. He's made it and can do whatever he wants to and say whatever he wants to say. He doesn't need to take any shit from anyone. I honestly LOVE that he's completely unafraid to rant. I think more people need that amount of balls.

...this is entirely based on interviews and what I've seen of them live. I've never met the guy. Maybe he's a prick. I don't really care.

Butcher of Birth
01-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Good video interview, I usually don't check them out but you did well! Love the site you have put together.

If you ever need a correspondent in Central Florida I would gladly say yes! :rocker:

ravenheart
01-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I honestly LOVE that he's completely unafraid to rant. I think more people need that amount of balls.

This isn't why everyone else in metal thinks he's a dick...

JRA
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I honestly LOVE that he's completely unafraid to rant.

For real. That's what makes him a great frontman.

Butcher of Birth
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
This isn't why everyone else in metal thinks he's a dick...

What is the reason then?

Dextrimental
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I have two friends who have met Bruce, and apparently he is genuinely just a normal guy. There is no animosity about him, he talks to you like he would anyone else, jokes with you like he would anyone else and you'd wouldn't know he is Iron Maidens frontman if you met him normally. Apparently same goes for all the Maiden boys, much like Sabbath, they've never forgotten where they came from. I mean with Maiden especially, they all have that working class spirit, none of them likes to sit around and do nothing.