PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge -- Hollywood, CA -- January 4th, 2011

andrew_metalhead
01-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Really enjoyed the show. Alter Bridge were great although I didn't enjoy each and every song they played. Didn't dig the super slow stuff all that much. Other than that it was great. The support band Taddy Porter blew my mind. Didn't like the other opener Like A Storm at all.

P.S. I read on AB's twitter after the show that Eddie and Wolfgang Van Halen were watching the show from the side of the stage. I didn't see them. I guess I was facing the other side of the stage.

TP set list:

Fire In the Streets
Gotta Getcha Back
I Want You (She's So Heavy) (The Beatles cover)
Whatever Haunts You
Mean Bitch
Shake Me
Big Enough

AB set list:

Slip Into the Void
Ghost of Days Gone By
All Hope Is Gone
I Know it Hurts
Ties That Bind
Come to Life
Brand New Start
Buried Alive
Coming Home
Before Tomorrow Comes
Blackbird
Watch Over You
White Knuckles
Find The Real
One Day Remains
Metalingus
Broken Wings
Open Your Eyes
Isolation
Rise Today (with Slash)

Video of the last song: http://bit.ly/f7BJCi

NickLed19
01-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Like a Storm is the worst band of all time. Saw them open for Staind, and I seriously laughed for 25 min.

The_jman
01-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I actually didn't think like a storm was bad. saw them open for creed. they covered man in the box, and it was pretty fun to sing along.

NickLed19
01-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Thats the show I saw, and it was terrible. I left after Staind because Creed blows. Staind was worth the $10 for sure though.

The_jman
01-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Thats the show I saw, and it was terrible. I left after Staind because Creed blows. Staind was worth the $10 for sure though.
unfortunately I didn't see staind... I had to sit through hubastank... would have rather had staind.

NickLed19
01-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Man your show sounded terrible.

MetalIsArt
01-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Does Staind even exist today?

The_jman
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
yes, the best part of the show that night was creed.

yes staind does exist still.

jhdeity
01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Someone covered my favorite Beatles song ever penned? That impresses the shit outta me. I'll check them out for that reason alone. How was it? I'm assuming they did a shortened version but still...

NickLed19
01-07-2011, 04:04 PM

Yeah they are taking a break.

The Ghost at Number One
01-08-2011, 10:29 AM
P.S. I read on AB's twitter after the show that Eddie and Wolfgang Van Halen were watching the show from the side of the stage. I didn't see them. I guess I was facing the other side of the stage.Blabbermouth actually reported that Wolfgang played drums on a song (One Day Remains).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151972

andrew_metalhead
01-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Blabbermouth actually reported that Wolfgang played drums on a song (One Day Remains).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151972

Oh that was him?? Ah! Myles did bring out two guest musicians, that much I knew. But from where I was (almost to the side of the stage) I couldn't even see the drummer, and the place was packed so I couldn't move to a better spot.