PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

DethMaiden
04-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Recovering from the madness that was Magrudergrind. I now firmly believe that grindcore shows are the most fun you can have at a metal concert.

Interesting wording since my two "if they are touring, I will fucking see them" live acts (Clutch and Rob Zombie) are both more rock n' roll. You may well be right about the way you put it though. ;)

jd091
04-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Our own jd091 has grown up and seen the light.:D
Haha yes dude... It was so awesome. I think I'm gonna have to see Anal Cunt next month here, even though I've barely heard their stuff.

Interesting wording since my two "if they are touring, I will fucking see them" live acts (Clutch and Rob Zombie) are both more rock n' roll. You may well be right about the way you put it though. ;)

Yeah, I mean, Two of the most amazing concerts I've ever seen were Deadmau5 and Phish, but you really can't compare metal with trance electonica or jam rock. Granted, I have yet to see a folk metal show, which I hear are amazing. I missed Ensiferum and Fintroll this fall, which sucked.

But in terms of death metal, metalcore, deathcore, prog metal, black metal, thrash metal... The grindcore experience is just SO much different. I can't describe it. You just need to be there.

christopher
04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
The grindcore experience is just SO much different. I can't describe it. You just need to be there.

I know exactly what you mean. Grindcore and Power Violence shows have been the most fun shows I've been to lately. There is just so much energ y involved. Plus these shows are usually at tiny holes in the wall where everyone is crammed together, so everyone is forced to be involved.

jd091
04-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I know exactly what you mean. Grindcore and Power Violence shows have been the most fun shows I've been to lately. There is just so much energ y involved. Plus these shows are usually at tiny holes in the wall where everyone is crammed together, so everyone is forced to be involved.

Yep. I mean, musically, I love prog metal and technical metal live just to watch the performance. But when it comes to getting physically involved in moshes and crowd energy, grindcore is so awesome. And I love the exclusive, small dirtly club feel with about 100 people. I definitely woudlnt have gotten involved with Magrudergrind if it wasn't for this forum, and now you guys officially converted me to a grind fan. :agree:

treghet
04-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Yep. I mean, musically, I love prog metal and technical metal live just to watch the performance. But when it comes to getting physically involved in moshes and crowd energy, grindcore is so awesome. And I love the exclusive, small dirtly club feel with about 100 people. I definitely woudlnt have gotten involved with Magrudergrind if it wasn't for this forum, and now you guys officially converted me to a grind fan. :agree:

Now go listen to Wormrot! :cool:

larvtard
04-10-2011, 07:20 PM

and apparently Wormrot just played in Chicago last night too... I haven't seen magrudergrind but Wormrot is probably the best live band out there in terms of grindcore :(

jd091
04-10-2011, 07:22 PM

Y'know, I have. And it's pretty good. The thing is, I can't really stand listening to grindcore on my iPod or something. I just love the live experience. And I didn't find out until today that wormrot played in Chicago... the same day as Magrudergrind! I think it was afterwards, and it might have been at some 21+ bar, so I would have been screwed since I'm only 20.

But I'm definitely gonna try and keep up with grindcore and catch whatever shows I can in the future.

GarageMetal468
04-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Y'know, I have. And it's pretty good. The thing is, I can't really stand listening to grindcore on my iPod or something. I just love the live experience. And I didn't find out until today that wormrot played in Chicago... the same day as Magrudergrind! I think it was afterwards, and it might have been at some 21+ bar, so I would have been screwed since I'm only 20.

But I'm definitely gonna try and keep up with grindcore and catch whatever shows I can in the future.

Wormrot, Skeletonwitch, and Macabre all played shows that same night. I went to Macabre since the other 2 were 21+. But I was at that Magrudergrind show as well, the end of it was hilarious when security got owned by all the stage divers!

Also, jd, did you see that shirtless hardcore dancer who was walking like a gorilla and running on all fours? Freakin hilarious.

mankvill
04-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Folk metal concerts > Grind/PV concerts

:D

jd091
04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Wormrot, Skeletonwitch, and Macabre all played shows that same night. I went to Macabre since the other 2 were 21+. But I was at that Magrudergrind show as well, the end of it was hilarious when security got owned by all the stage divers!

Also, jd, did you see that shirtless hardcore dancer who was walking like a gorilla and running on all fours? Freakin hilarious.

HAHA YES! That kid was hilarious! I totally saw that, and a major :wtf: went through my head. That kid was out for blood the whole night; I felt bad for the guys just trying to watch the show in the back.

The end of Magrudergrind was brutal, I totally stagedived and fell flat on my ass. It was awesome! :lol: I was a skinny guy with short hair in a Psycroptic shirt, I don't know if you saw me at all that night. The security guys couldn't contain the onslaught of bodies, and tottotally got caught up in the mosh. So hilarious.

I'm seeing Converge there in May, and I expect the security guards to DIE after that show.

christopher
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
HAHA YES! That kid was hilarious! I totally saw that, and a major :wtf: went through my head. That kid was out for blood the whole night; I felt bad for the guys just trying to watch the show in the back.

The end of Magrudergrind was brutal, I totally stagedived and fell flat on my ass. It was awesome! :lol: I was a skinny guy with short hair in a Psycroptic shirt, I don't know if you saw me at all that night. The security guys couldn't contain the onslaught of bodies, and tottotally got caught up in the mosh. So hilarious.

I'm seeing Converge there in May, and I expect the security guards to DIE after that show.

Damn, that sounds like a place that Despise You or Ceremony should play at.

DethMaiden
04-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Had a bummer of a text conversation with a girl that began with "I can't. It's not you, it's me."

...AND IT WASN'T MY GIRLFRIEND.

it was the girl I asked to co-edit with me in the fall :snivel:

mankvill
04-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Had a bummer of a text conversation with a girl that began with "I can't. It's not you, it's me."

fuck bitches, man. i got ur back. let's go drinking and play some CoD <3

christopher
04-10-2011, 11:26 PM

Dude, why can't you live in Cali? Drinking and CoD sound fucking amazing right now

jd091
04-10-2011, 11:37 PM

I'm not gonna lie... drinking and SUPER SMASH BROS is where its at. But that still sucks about the girl problems, I feel ya

DethMaiden
04-11-2011, 08:08 AM
To clarify, I was being funny, these aren't "girl problems," they're journalist problems. Still sucks and all, but her gender is irrelevant here. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2011, 08:37 AM
You havin' journal problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a pitch ain't one.

powerslave_85
04-11-2011, 08:56 AM
You havin' journal problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a pitch ain't one.
Ok, that was pretty good :lol:

TonyD
04-11-2011, 12:30 PM
My internet and cable are finally reconnected, explaining why I haven't posted much or at all for a week. Shit got disconnected because there are 3 or more units in our house, and the cable box is a clusterfuck, so they cut ours instead of somebody else's.
Nobody showed up until the 3rd appointment I had to make, so I ended up getting $20 bucks on top of the week we don't have to pay for and 6 months of Showtime, so we get to watch the Giants reality show :rocker:

GarageMetal468
04-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Yeah I saw you actually, you were by me at some points. I did see someone stage dive and literally no one caught him, it was pretty brutal. I don't know if that was you though.

I was in a Testament shirt, the only person in a Testament shirt there lol

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2011, 01:31 PM
"ya'll are a bunch of two faced bitches, your so fake it makes me laugh."
Is anyone else sick of seeing teenage girls post this status on facebook?

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2011, 01:40 PM
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/muckfetalcore/ronswanson.jpg

JRA
04-12-2011, 01:40 PM

Huh, even though it's not your girlfriend, that's still pretty depressing.

Indestructible
04-12-2011, 02:10 PM
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/muckfetalcore/ronswanson.jpg

What about it.

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
What about it.

the thumbnail and the comment

bt11763
04-12-2011, 02:27 PM
the thumbnail and the comment

:tp: :lol:

RAZOR
04-12-2011, 03:14 PM
"ya'll are a bunch of two faced bitches, your so fake it makes me laugh."
Is anyone else sick of seeing teenage girls post this status on facebook?

I didn't know you could see my Facebook. :eyes:

rjturtle9
04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
So I heard Rebecca Black is worth 1.2 Million dollars now.

:bouville:

Butcher of Birth
04-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Just got my flag! That's what I'm doing!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/rokulikesatan/MAIDEN-1.jpg

powerslave_85
04-12-2011, 03:46 PM
So I heard Rebecca Black is worth 1.2 Million dollars now.

Yep, all because people who hate her soooooo much made sure to click on her video lots of times, giving her noteriety and making her into an actual pop-star. She went from anonymous 13 year-old with a crappy song to having said song performed by Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots on national TV. I think she got the last laugh on this one.

I don't think I've ever seen internet hate backfire this epically :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
04-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Yep, all because people who hate her soooooo much made sure to click on her video lots of times, giving her noteriety and making her into an actual pop-star. She went from anonymous 13 year-old with a crappy song to having said song performed by Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots on national TV. I think she got the last laugh on this one.

People at Ohio State are playing her song in their dorms, at meetings, and at parties. Gang vocals on "yeah!"

Its gone from mockery to enjoyment. I hate that song so much....The meme has crossed over.

Crionics
04-12-2011, 04:55 PM

This :lol: Thankfully I've yet to actually hear her song outside of Youtube though. Maybe I just don't get out often enough.

rjturtle9
04-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Gotta give her credit on that one. Trolls tried to troll, and she profited from it. Damn internets. :hmm:

GarageMetal468
04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
People at Ohio State are playing her song in their dorms, at meetings, and at parties. Gang vocals on "yeah!"

Its gone from mockery to enjoyment. I hate that song so much....The meme has crossed over.

Oh lord I never took this into consideration, I guarantee frat parties at my college are playing this at some point and people are so drunk that they'd actually interpret it as a "good" song. Those aren't parties anyway. Just loud pop music, piss water beer and dry humping. Now a real party was when Cross Examination played in Chicago last month. People were shotgunning and funneling beers, going nuts with circle pits and crowd surfing among other insane things, and everyone was having an awesome time.

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2011, 07:13 PM
lolwut? (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156702)

rjturtle9
04-12-2011, 07:16 PM
lolwut? (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156702)

Fans of ICP will go all the way, even if there was no date.

Crionics
04-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Fans of ICP will go all the way, even if there was no date.

:lol:

makethemsuffer12
04-12-2011, 07:23 PM

lol @ Coldplay being dead last.

IrritatedTrout
04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Just got my flag! That's what I'm doing!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/rokulikesatan/MAIDEN-1.jpg

That's pretty sweet, man.

daimonos
04-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Oh lord I never took this into consideration, I guarantee frat parties at my college are playing this at some point and people are so drunk that they'd actually interpret it as a "good" song. Those aren't parties anyway. Just loud pop music, piss water beer and dry humping. Now a real party was when Cross Examination played in Chicago last month. People were shotgunning and funneling beers, going nuts with circle pits and crowd surfing among other insane things, and everyone was having an awesome time.

These are the kinds of things I need to know about Chicago before I go to school there. Thank you for the information. :D

jd091
04-12-2011, 08:09 PM
These are the kinds of things I need to know about Chicago before I go to school there. Thank you for the information. :D

Where are these crazy events in the Chi town? And why don't I know about it?

es156
04-12-2011, 11:07 PM

Hang on, Sacred Reich is going to be at Reggie's?? I may have to catch that one.

christopher
04-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Just formed a new project called String Violence, more info on it will be posted in the next few months. It will be glorious! haha

Nick_to_the_face
04-13-2011, 07:34 AM
My first show ever is next week, and I'm scared shitless :eyes:

Dextrimental
04-13-2011, 07:35 AM
My first show ever is next week, and I'm scared shitless :eyes:

just make sure you know your part to the point where you can play it backwards, and you're good! :)

Nick_to_the_face
04-13-2011, 09:15 AM
just make sure you know your part to the point where you can play it backwards, and you're good! :)

I've only been in the band like a month :eyes:

jd091
04-13-2011, 09:35 AM
I've only been in the band like a month :eyes:

What style of music is it? And what do you play?

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 09:45 AM

Vegetarian post-hardcore sludge.

Indestructible
04-13-2011, 09:58 AM

I would listen to it. They can call their band BRUTAL VEGTABLE!!

TonyD
04-13-2011, 10:19 AM
I would listen to it. They can call their band BRUTAL VEGTABLE!!

More like Jicama Jolocaust

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 10:21 AM
More like Jicama Jolocaust

Jelly should never be jiggled.

That is all.

GarageMetal468
04-13-2011, 11:21 AM

No problem! I know pretty much anything that goes on in Chicago since I know everyone in the community here so you can ask me anything when you do move here.

Where are these crazy events in the Chi town? And why don't I know about it?

This was kept as low key as possible since it was in the basement of some tenants, so it was discussed and spread around on facebook. But the next Klash (the cross exam show was called "Klash of the Thrash", translation = batshit crazy thrash party) is May 21 with Nocturnal, Witchaven, and some Chicago locals. There is a page on facebook about it, you should be able to find it if you search.

Hang on, Sacred Reich is going to be at Reggie's?? I may have to catch that one.
Yep, it's 18+ though and $25-$30, so pretty pricy but worth it to see these legends.

rjturtle9
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Birthday cake at work is awesome. My co workers kick ass!

mankvill
04-13-2011, 04:32 PM
RIP Peter Steele. It'll have been one whole year tomorrow.

:(

JESUS CHRIST LOOKS LIKE ME

illuminatus917
04-13-2011, 04:36 PM

JESUS CHRIST LOOKS LIKE ME

It still burns me how his death fell by the wayside and all we heard about from anyone was Paul Gray and Jimmy Sullivan.

Here's to a superior person, and musician, to the aforementioned. :fist:

mankvill
04-13-2011, 04:53 PM
It still burns me how his death fell by the wayside and all we heard about from anyone was Paul Gray and Jimmy Sullivan.

Here's to a superior person, and musician, to the aforementioned. :fist:

Truth.

Dio
Chuck
Peter

The fallen trinity

With backup from Quorthon

ravenheart
04-13-2011, 05:04 PM

How the fuck did that happen?

ravenheart
04-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Yep, it's 18+ though and $25-$30, so pretty pricy but worth it to see these legends.

:lol: :lol:

Sorry.

mankvill
04-13-2011, 05:09 PM
How the fuck did that happen?

God has a morbid sense of humor.

JRA
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM
It still burns me how his death fell by the wayside and all we heard about from anyone was Dio

Fixed.

I heard way more about Steele's death than Gray's anyway.

mankvill
04-13-2011, 05:23 PM
HELLO ME

MEET THE REAL ME

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4849/1302740021293.jpg

illuminatus917
04-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Fixed.

I heard way more about Steele's death than Gray's anyway.

I thought about Dio, but his attention was more deserved.

I heard nothing about Peter's, or Chuck's. Only Dio, Gray, and Sullivan.

TonyD
04-13-2011, 05:33 PM
HELLO ME

MEET THE REAL ME

Ha

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 05:39 PM
HELLO ME

MEET THE REAL ME

Almost died on the spot.

Also, Peter = Dio = Chuck > Paul > Sullivan

illuminatus917
04-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Almost died on the spot.

Also, Peter = Dio = Chuck > Paul > Sullivan

I would say Chuck > Peter > Dio > Sullivan > Paul

But now I just feel like an asshole for rating dead people.

brutal_descent
04-13-2011, 06:04 PM

But now I just feel like an asshole for rating dead people.

Well, I was doing the "=" out of respect but I you want me honestly speaking, this is it:

Peter > Chuck > Dio > Paul > Sullivan

El Gordo
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Since we're rating dead people...

DIO >>>>>>> everybody else.

DONE. ('cept Burton, but that was like, a long time ago and stuff)

Indestructible
04-13-2011, 06:49 PM

IMO it goes
Peter> Dio> Chuck> Paul> Sullivan

makethemsuffer12
04-13-2011, 06:49 PM
HELLO ME

MEET THE REAL ME

OLD SHIT MANKS

Though I have to admit, I was fooled the first time I saw this.

Dextrimental
04-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Finishing off college assignments. One week then thats it, my interview for a diploma is in May then after that we'll see where I end up.

christopher
04-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Just bought a mandolin

jd091
04-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Just bought a mandolin

:shred:

christopher
04-14-2011, 12:44 AM
:shred:

hell yeah! I'm excited about it! I am going to start a string violence band

jd091
04-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Seeing Amon Amarth tonight, Chicago, first stop of their tour, at a sold out show! Good thing I got my ticket early!

If anyone is going to it, I'll be a skinny guy in the pit the whole time wearing a Nile "Amongst the Catacombs of Nephrem-Ka" shirt. Fuck yeah! :rocker:

El Gordo
04-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Just bought a mandolin

YES. You just got like 25% cooler.

masterguy49
04-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Seeing Amon Amarth tonight, Chicago, first stop of their tour, at a sold out show! Good thing I got my ticket early!

If anyone is going to it, I'll be a skinny guy in the pit the whole time wearing a Nile "Amongst the Catacombs of Nephrem-Ka" shirt. Fuck yeah! :rocker:

PLZ get the set :rocker:

GarageMetal468
04-14-2011, 03:34 PM

Have fun man. Yesterday morning I decided I wanted to go but it sold out, turns out its been sold out for a while now. But I'm sure it'll be one hell of a time.

christopher
04-14-2011, 06:36 PM
YES. You just got like 25% cooler.

Well thank you. My collection of instruments now includes two electric guitars, one of which is a 7 string, the 7 string that Shane Embury used in Brujeria. A 5 string bass, an acoustic bass, an acoustic guitar, a banjo and a mandolin and I know how to play them all :D though I'm still sucking at banjo, I can play simple shit for the moment.

ChildrenofSodom
04-14-2011, 07:07 PM
I made April 14 on facebook because voting for student government starts today. 30 happy birthdays later, I think only 3 or 4 people have caught on. Voting ends tomorrow night, so I'm changing it again....we'll see how many more well wishes I get.

christopher
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Just saw this and got extremely excited for a split second to go to, then realized it was complete bullshit cause no way would Venom and Slayer play a backyard show as a benefit for Ozzy hahaha ahh what a tease.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206451_215258651822755_100000158657883_933905_7787 07_n.jpg

slapguitarer
04-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Got my copy of The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues by Between the Buried and Me
:dance: :party: :rocker: :shred: :bowdown: :drool: :cool:

Butcher of Birth
04-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Did this earlier lol

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/rokulikesatan/SAM_0009.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/rokulikesatan/SAM_0008.jpg

mankvill
04-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Ed Force One :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
04-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh shit, they changed the decals? It must be nice having the funds to do that on a whim (let alone having the funds to buy a freaking plane to begin with)...

jd091
04-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Got my copy of The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues by Between the Buried and Me
:dance: :party: :rocker: :shred: :bowdown: :drool: :cool:

So is it good? Compared to The Great Misdirect?

larvtard
04-15-2011, 07:50 PM

You haven't heard the stream yet? In my opinion, it's mediocre.

evildeadjedi
04-15-2011, 08:08 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156804

"I've never once seen him once go like this *throws horns* cause he doesn't have to he is this if he did it would be redundant."

Neil Fallon of Clutch talking about Lemmy from Motorhead.

ChildrenofSodom
04-15-2011, 10:37 PM
My student government senate campaign ended at midnight....I won three games of beer bong, and I'm pretty drunk right now. No regrets, man. Its 1:30am, and I figure the best way to celebrate a hard fought campaign is with some Iced Earth, As I Lay Dying, and drunk hitting on girls on facebook. :D

ChildrenofSodom
04-15-2011, 11:09 PM
This guy tried to explain to me how intense and hardcore his Chiodos concert was. He asked if I knew what moshing and a Wall of Death were. Fuckin' noob. I saw fuckin' Vader on 6/6/06, can't tell me shit about concert craziness.

slapguitarer
04-15-2011, 11:13 PM

Compared to The Great Misdirect, it's meh.

That being said, it's fucking awesome.

jd091
04-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I saw fuckin' Vader on 6/6/06, can't tell me shit about concert craziness.

That is literally the most metal thing I have ever heard.

TonyD
04-16-2011, 12:15 AM
I got grounded for some stupid shit, played Slayer really loud until my mom realized she grounded me for some stupid shit. Pretty metal rite guise?

larvtard
04-16-2011, 10:11 AM
I have to write a fake interview between Joseph Conrad (author of Heart of Darkness) and the director of Apocalypse Now (which is based on Heart of Darkness, if you didn't know) for my AP Lit class. Conrad would be asking the director why he made the changes he did. The problem? I cannot for the love of humanity, follow movies...so I have no idea what happened in the movie when we watched it last week. :hmm:

daimonos
04-16-2011, 11:51 AM
I got grounded for some stupid shit, played Slayer really loud until my mom realized she grounded me for some stupid shit. Pretty metal rite guise?

...aren't you like 24 years old? :eyes:

TonyD
04-16-2011, 12:35 PM
...aren't you like 24 years old? :eyes:

I'm 20, was referring to 6/6/06, when I was 15. Still pretty lame.

illuminatus917
04-16-2011, 03:31 PM
People still get grounded after the age of 12 or 13:confused:

Is this a serious question?

ChildrenofSodom
04-16-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm trying to mentally sort/rate my dating prospects. 3 girls last night gave indications that I should at least ask them out sometime, I've just got to figure out how to go about it.

Derelict
04-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm trying to mentally sort/rate my dating prospects. 3 girls last night gave indications that I should at least ask them out sometime, I've just got to figure out how to go about it.

Ask all three, at least one of them will say yes

brutal_descent
04-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Ask all three, at least one of them will say yes

:fist:

Indestructible
04-17-2011, 09:27 AM

Try to go out with all 3 at seperate times and see which one you have more of a connection with.

DethMaiden
04-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Try to go out with all 3 at seperate times and see which one you have more of a connection with.

Go out with all three the same night and don't tell them. Take many bathroom breaks to go see the others. Film it and add a laugh track.

brutal_descent
04-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Listening to BTBAM EP on vinyl. :eek: :rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Go out with all three the same night and don't tell them. Take many bathroom breaks to go see the others. Film it and add a laugh track.

I was going to find three movies that are playing at roughly the same time at the same theater, a la Kenan & Kel.

powerslave_85
04-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Don't forget to wear an earpiece so your wacky friend can feed you advice and things to say.

ShatteredFlame
04-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Regaining your music library has to be the most frustrating thing ever. I haven't been putting much effort into it but my drives been broken for 2 weeks and I've only just got done with getting all the "B" artist back. Getting them isn't bad (especially when I have a RYM to remind me of what's good) but reorganizing everything just makes me completely lazy. This can go on for a year at this rate.

ChildrenofSodom
04-17-2011, 04:04 PM
I won my student government Senate seat. Came in third out of six candidates, with the top four getting seats. SO FUCKING PUMPED!

DethMaiden
04-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Broke up with my girlfriend. I'd been underutilizing the My Dying Bride in my collection for too long anyway.

:( :( :( :( :(

Dextrimental
04-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Broke up with my girlfriend. I'd been underutilizing the My Dying Bride in my collection for too long anyway.

:( :( :( :( :(

Tough break dude! What happened?

DethMaiden
04-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Tough break dude! What happened?

It was mostly the distance thing. With me going to London for two months then her going to Chile to study abroad in the fall there was just no way unless we thought we were gonna stay together forever, and that just wasn't a feeling we had yet. It sucks dick but it's better than the alternative of trying to do a relationship over skype that isn't serious enough to justify it. Fun three months, whatevs.

Dextrimental
04-17-2011, 06:07 PM
It was mostly the distance thing. With me going to London for two months then her going to Chile to study abroad in the fall there was just no way unless we thought we were gonna stay together forever, and that just wasn't a feeling we had yet. It sucks dick but it's better than the alternative of trying to do a relationship over skype that isn't serious enough to justify it. Fun three months, whatevs.

Yeah I get ya. I was getting serious with a girl who lived in Scotland for a while. Talking to someones profile on bebo or facebook and then hearing them every so often over Skype isn't worth it unless you're already a sreally strong couple. Least now you can enjoy Europe completely uninhibited! ;)

DethMaiden
04-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah I get ya. I was getting serious with a girl who lived in Scotland for a while. Talking to someones profile on bebo or facebook and then hearing them every so often over Skype isn't worth it unless you're already a sreally strong couple. Least now you can enjoy Europe completely uninhibited! ;)

That's your cue to have some sweet Irish tail waiting for me when I land in Dublin on the 11th. ;)

Dextrimental
04-17-2011, 06:14 PM
That's your cue to have some sweet Irish tail waiting for me when I land in Dublin on the 11th. ;)

Ill see what I can do, no promises ;) thats my birthday that day anyway, so if I'm partying in Dublin you gotta pop along!

Nick_to_the_face
04-17-2011, 06:45 PM
It's metal and such...not confident to show anyone on here :eyes:

This.

mastodon421
04-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Last Chance To Reason posted my review of their new record Level 2 on their Facebook and Twitter pages:party:

SomewhereInTime72
04-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Contemplating why my Spring Break had to go and not line up with any other school except for a couple of NYC schools. Now I have a week to only hang out with people I can pretty much see any day during the school year, so coooool. :eyes: :bouville:

jd091
04-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Last Chance To Reason posted my review of their new record Level 2 on their Facebook and Twitter pages:party:

Nice! :horns:

Nick_to_the_face
04-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Got my Peter Gabriel tickets :D

Div
04-18-2011, 10:53 AM
re-did my Foobar skin, looks sick now :D

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8554/desktop9.png

christopher
04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Ehh just got yelled at. I left my beer boot in the back of my car with dried up beer in it. Apparently that is considered an open container by a cop. :hecho: My dad was driving my car and a cop pulled him over, but gave him a warning for my mistake. Good to know to clean that boot before taking it with me in the car haha...

Derelict
04-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Sorry to hear about the breakup, but good attitude. In my experience, long distance relationships are a waste of time for the most part.

Dextrimental
04-18-2011, 04:41 PM
re-did my Foobar skin, looks sick now :D

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8554/desktop9.png

Foobar the music player yes? Not familiar with that particular one!

illuminatus917
04-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Why do people enjoy the daytime so much? You just can't beat night air.

Sepultura69
04-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Ehh just got yelled at. I left my beer boot in the back of my car with dried up beer in it. Apparently that is considered an open container by a cop. :hecho: My dad was driving my car and a cop pulled him over, but gave him a warning for my mistake. Good to know to clean that boot before taking it with me in the car haha...

jd091
04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
So apparently a CTA train derailed on the north side of Chicago this morning, shutting down the entire train system on the north side. Public transportation is supremely fucked up right now; I had to pay up for a taxi in order to get back to campus on time for my class.

ChildrenofSodom
04-19-2011, 03:04 PM
I just submitted my resume for a summer paid research assistant position 45 minutes from home. I've been looking everywhere for something to do over the summer, and this is the only paid thing that relates to my career goals (public policy). Its $12/hour, 350 hours over the summer. Not quite a full-time job, but $4200 before taxes, a resume gem, and a letter of recommendation is still pretty damn good.

rjturtle9
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Just bought a Big 4 ticket for 50 bucks on ebay.

ChildrenofSodom
04-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I just submitted my resume for a summer paid research assistant position 45 minutes from home. I've been looking everywhere for something to do over the summer, and this is the only paid thing that relates to my career goals (public policy). Its $12/hour, 350 hours over the summer. Not quite a full-time job, but $4200 before taxes, a resume gem, and a letter of recommendation is still pretty damn good.

The guy in charge of the project is a professor here at OSU, and he already responded to my email: I'm meeting him on Thursday. :) My first real job that doesn't involve touching food.

ravenheart
04-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Finally polishing off photos from Accept's London show last month.

jd091
04-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Is it just me, or does Bleed by Meshuggah never get old? It should. It's a relatively simple song. I've listened to it at least a thousand times, at least once a week since ObZen came out. Why do I never get sick of it?!

Indestructible
04-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Is it just me, or does Bleed by Meshuggah never get old? It should. It's a relatively simple song. I've listened to it at least a thousand times, at least once a week since ObZen came out. Why do I never get sick of it?!

Some bands are like that.
I can listen to Nevermore and Type O Negative over and over and over again and they never get old or boring.

treghet
04-20-2011, 12:49 AM
This made me laugh.

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/1d7eb76be6ff8a7b5ffe66dd4b246d4d.jpg

makethemsuffer12
04-20-2011, 06:55 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

GarageMetal468
04-20-2011, 07:28 AM
lol he mad

ChildrenofSodom
04-20-2011, 08:35 AM
He's been a scene kid for most of his life? So, lets say he's 16 years old...that means he has been a scene kid for 9 years, so...since he was 7. If he's 20, and god I hope he isn't that old, then he has been a scene kid for 11 years, since he was 9 years old.

Who the fuck has a scene when they're in 3rd grade? HE'S A LIAR!

DethMaiden
04-20-2011, 08:36 AM
My friend and I were talking about how scene/haircut/BMTH kids are officially not gonna be "kids" starting roughly next year. The timing works out that, if people got into this music in junior high/early high school and haven't grown out of it, there's gonna be the first huge influx of scene kids who are freshmen in college next year. Which is scary as shit.

rjturtle9
04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
My friend and I were talking about how scene/haircut/BMTH kids are officially not gonna be "kids" starting roughly next year. The timing works out that, if people got into this music in junior high/early high school and haven't grown out of it, there's gonna be the first huge influx of scene kids who are freshmen in college next year. Which is scary as shit.

You know, now that i think of it, I have never seen a scene kid at my college. Oh my...

Sepultura69
04-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Happy 4/20

:stoned: :stoned: :stoned: :stoned: :stoned: :stoned: :stoned:

BloodoftheKings

Very possible. At my school there wasn't that many scene kids the first couple years but last year the new freshman class was roughly 30% scene kids and now they're all over the place. I don't really have a problem with them though, most of them aren't very annoying.

EDIT: Just saw that picture, wow what a moron. Scene kids have only been around for a few years, what is he 4?

jd091
You know, now that i think of it, I have never seen a scene kid at my college. Oh my...

You lucky sonnovabitch. Although they're more of a high school thing... and everyone mutates horribly into HIPSTERS once they reach college.....

:wallbang:

DethMaiden
04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't think they're bad people (until they karate kick me in the head), I just think it's the saddest thing ever that people are using that music not as a gateway but as a be all, end all. How many people at an Asking Alexandria show have heard a full Iron Maiden album? I don't care what the over/under is, I'm taking under.

BloodoftheKings
04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't think they're bad people (until they karate kick me in the head), I just think it's the saddest thing ever that people are using that music not as a gateway but as a be all, end all. How many people at an Asking Alexandria show have heard a full Iron Maiden album? I don't care what the over/under is, I'm taking under.

This

powerslave_85
04-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Happy 4/20

Happy birthday, Hitler! :party: :dance:

BloodoftheKings
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM

R.I.P. Mitchell Henderson

jd091
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM

:nonono:

:eyes:

:dance:

bt11763
04-20-2011, 10:54 AM

terminate with extreme prejudice

Wizzbang11
04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
From an interview with Blood Freak:
There was also a change that I heard of with the new album art, from the original idea of using some Ed Repka artwork to going with my good pal Mark K Allen of Cerebral Fallout Fanzine/Frightfeast Comix. How did you get to working with this infernal artist?

Neil: Mark’s art rules! I told Billy to shove Repka’s art up his ass! No disrespect to Ed Repka, he’s a great artist. Billy owns the art. He offered it to me to use for free but I don’t want any half assed charity. We moved on and found an artist that could do something that fit the insane fucked up vibe of the music. The Repka art was too “Ghoulish -Surfin’ Dead – Monster Mash” looking for what this music demanded.

Reference for those who haven't seen both covers (to illustrate my sadness towards Maniac Neil's stupidity):
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZIX-t609fUZlT4m4oVvTVVANLkEwIzO4rbpDny-vqjJ_hvb_rlQ&t=1
http://image.kazaa.com/images/54/798546270154/Blood_Freak/Mindscraper/Blood_Freak-Mindscraper_3.jpg

llama lom
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM

Oh fuck.

Div
04-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Happy 4/20

:punk:

id love to be out riding my bike but ive got a PHP code project thats already past due, nothing worse than having to sit inside on a nice day :hmm:

larvtard
04-20-2011, 01:09 PM
terminate with extreme prejudice

:fist:

ChildrenofSodom
04-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Rest in hell, Timmy McVeigh.

mankvill
04-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Happy Columbine Day

brutal_descent
04-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Happy Columbine Day

:hug:

jd091
04-20-2011, 05:45 PM
If you take out the "lu" from columbine, it makes Combine, which reminds me of Half Life 2, which reminds me of Valve, which reminds me of Portal, which reminds me of Portal 2, which reminds me...

GarageMetal468
04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Listened to Celtic Frost's Into the Pandemonium for the first time and I couldn't even make it through all the way. What the hell is this crap?

daimonos
04-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Listened to Celtic Frost's Into the Pandemonium for the first time and I couldn't even make it through all the way. What the hell is this crap?

I felt the same way the first time I heard it. Give it a chance and listen to it a couple more times and you might be able to appreciate it. It's definitely not like their stuff before it, but I actually think it's a decent album.

Wizzbang11
04-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Every now and then someone is like "Hey, maybe I should listen to these horrible sounding bands Dayan posts because Nunslaughter is awesome!1!!" (ok, once)
Now is your chance!
Here's a recording of a local(ish) radio show my bandmate and I guest hosted and chose half the playlist from. It's long, but it will kill time if you want to hear some extreme shit and my voice.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BDJCF0JE

Playlist was...

Venom “Die Hard”
Energetic Krusher “The Blades”
Midnight "All Hail Hell"
Perversor “Look Into the Abyss of Death”
Bathory “Armageddon”
Nunslaughter "Raid the Convent"
Darkthrone “Hiking Metal Punks”
Halla “King of the Monsters”
Blasphemy “War Command”
Bestial Warlust “Legion of Wrath”
Resusitator “Black Mass”
Gorphyryac “Green Inferno”
Blasphemophagher “Fleshripping Terrordeath”
Impetigo “Boneyard”
Nocturnal Breed “Maggot Master”
Revenge “Annihilate or Serve”
Sargeist “Black Fucking Murder”
Gnaw Their Tongues “Nihilism; Tied Up and Burning”
Mortuary Drape “Crepuscular Whisper”
King Diamond “Welcome Home”
Coffinworm “Strip Nude for Your Killer”
Death Monk “Forest Fire”

*bold chosen by us

JRA
04-20-2011, 09:31 PM
I felt the same way the first time I heard it. Give it a chance and listen to it a couple more times and you might be able to appreciate it. It's definitely not like their stuff before it, but I actually think it's a decent album.

I think it's an excellent album. Sure the interludes are stupid, but songs like Inner Sanctum and Rex Irae fucking kill (in two separate but equal ways might I add)!

jd091
04-20-2011, 10:57 PM
So what should we call it? Nu-nu-metal? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-j7GDwPwls&feature=related)

Wow. This is just sad. I really used to like Winds of Plague also, back in the day. The Impaler, Decimate the Weak, Origins and Endings... those were all great symphonic deathcore songs, haters gonna hate. I loved it. But this... I can't describe it other than saying it sucks. Completely.

:crosseyed

mastodon421
04-21-2011, 08:32 AM
So what should we call it? Nu-nu-metal? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-j7GDwPwls&feature=related)

Wow. This is just sad. I really used to like Winds of Plague also, back in the day. The Impaler, Decimate the Weak, Origins and Endings... those were all great symphonic deathcore songs, haters gonna hate. I loved it. But this... I can't describe it other than saying it sucks. Completely.

That song does blow really hard. The new record is a dissapointment, but thankfully California is by far the worst song on it.

BloodoftheKings
04-21-2011, 09:15 AM

That was on of the worst things I've ever heard. Fucking wiggers.

makethemsuffer12
04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
That was on of the worst things I've ever heard. Fucking wiggers.

Half of it was really bad wigger slam and half of it was decent sounding hardcore. No thank you.

mastodon421
04-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm expecting a flame war between me and Rose Funeral, I just told them to go fuck themselves on the Summer Slaughter page. They keep posting links to a ton of bands pages on Facebook saying to like their page and it's getting extremely annoying.

ChildrenofSodom
04-21-2011, 10:32 AM
What a travesty! Someone call NATO!

TonyD
04-21-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm expecting a flame war between me and Rose Funeral, I just told them to go fuck themselves on the Summer Slaughter page. They keep posting links to a ton of bands pages on Facebook saying to like their page and it's getting extremely annoying.

You wouldn't be the first. So awesome that we actually have the Uno guy on this board :lol:

powerslave_85
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
...You do know that you can hide updates from people on FB, right? Or just, I don't know, unfriend them.

mastodon421
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
What a travesty! Someone call NATO!

I have, they are getting on it pronto.

jd091
04-21-2011, 11:42 AM

:party::party::party::party::party:

Actually, the uno thread is what introduced me to this forum. It was one of the funniest things I've ever read, and probably the greatest thread on any forum I've ever seen. Whatever happened to Fires of Sedition? He was my hero for a long time. :bowdown:

And as for the new Winds of Plague album, I'm probably gonna download it tonight and try and give it a fair review here. Stay posted. :cool:

mastodon421
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM

Actually, the uno thread is what introduced me to this forum. It was one of the funniest things I've ever read, and probably the greatest thread on any forum I've ever seen. Whatever happened to Fires of Sedition? He was my hero for a long time. :bowdown:

And as for the new Winds of Plague album, I'm probably gonna download it tonight and try and give it a fair review here. Stay posted. :cool:

I just wrote a review for the new Winds Of Plague on my blog if you would like to read it http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/2011/04/album-review-winds-of-plague-against.html

jd091
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I just wrote a review for the new Winds Of Plague on my blog if you would like to read it http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/2011/04/album-review-winds-of-plague-against.html

Nice, that's a very fair review. I feel like my listening experience is going to be very similar to yours.

mastodon421
04-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Nice, that's a very fair review. I feel like my listening experience is going to be very similar to yours.

Thanks man. You and I have a very similar taste in music, so I wouldn't be shocked if our thoughts were the same on it.

ChildrenofSodom
04-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I just interviewed for that research job. The professor knew about my blog, which I haven't written anything for since November. I don't know how he found it. Kinda creepy that we don't have "privacy" online.

GarageMetal468
04-21-2011, 01:05 PM

Can somebody link me to the thread you're talking about? Thanks

jd091
04-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Can somebody link me to the thread you're talking about? Thanks

Prepare to laugh your fucking head off. Read FoS's review halfway down the page. (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12542)

BloodoftheKings
04-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Prepare to laugh your fucking head off. Read FoS's review halfway down the page. (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12542)

GarageMetal468
04-21-2011, 02:57 PM

:lol:awesome! I really hope that they come to Chicago on a good tour just so I can troll the hell out of them, I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in it either.

EDIT: Contrary to Into the Pandemonium, I'm listening to Monotheist from Celtic Frost right now... HO-LY FUCK.:bowdown:

treghet
04-21-2011, 07:29 PM

Too fair, I think...

The songs that were mentioned to be reminiscent of the band's second album, Decimate the Weak, basically sound like rehashed and completely uninspired attempts to give the fans what they want. There are a few short solos on the album, which is a plus, but they're nothing too special. Their new keyboardist, Alana, doesn't even come close to filling Kristen's shoes. Most of her parts feel misplaced and awkward; the most notable evidence of this is in "Most Hated", starting a little after twenty seconds where it sounds like numerous grandfather clocks are chiming simultaneously. For most of album she just lingers in the background unnoticed. On top of all that are the atrocious lyrics, but that problem is minuscule in the scope of the whole picture. In short, the music is boring and doesn't flow well, but it does have a few alright moments here and there. It's not something I would listen to again, seeing as there is much better deathcore to satisfy me when the need arises.

ChildrenofSodom
04-21-2011, 08:29 PM
They were bad live. I can't attest to whether or not they were loyal to the studio quality, but all I know is that their live performance was unpleasant.

Their singer is in pretty good shape for a bigger guy though. :eyes:

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/winds-of-plague-mayhem-festival-2010-pnc-bank-mGD1Ll.jpg

jd091
04-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Their singer is in pretty good shape for a bigger guy though. :eyes:

You can say that again.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2452/3644194340_6da34a1b81.jpg

idrinkwine732
04-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Anaal Nathrakh's Facebook

Today we got a USA booking agent and we are workin on a USA tour!

:party:

jd091
04-22-2011, 09:11 AM
:party:

FUCK YESSS!

And I just happened to make my avatar pic this last night. Coincidence? I think not!

brutal_descent
04-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Maroon Five US tour announcement on Monday ;)

Wizzbang11
04-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Cameron, you should complain about this. (http://www.peta.org/action/action-alerts/Live-Dogs-Abused-in-Heart-Attack-Tests-in-OSU-Laboratory.aspx)

ChildrenofSodom
04-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Cameron, you should complain about this. (http://www.peta.org/action/action-alerts/Live-Dogs-Abused-in-Heart-Attack-Tests-in-OSU-Laboratory.aspx)

There isn't a date on that page, but I assume its fairly recent, which is scary. I am newly elected to the undergraduate student government (USG) Senate, which actually has a lot of weight to throw around. So, I'll one up your "phone call or email" with an official resolution of condemnation against this guy. Being in USG, I have access to the administration. I'll see what I can find out. ;)

DethMaiden
04-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Going to a friend's frat/sorority-lampooning-themed birthday party dressed as a sorostitute.

So, in drag. :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Going to a friend's frat/sorority-lampooning-themed birthday party dressed as a sorostitute.

So, in drag. :eyes:

pix or it didn't happen, you know the routine

ChildrenofSodom
04-22-2011, 08:17 PM
This is probably my favorite piece of artwork (or at least up there on my list.) And very relevant this weekend.

http://www.nuclearblast.de/shop/artikel/bilder/grave-digger-the-last-supper/127554.jpg?x=1000&y=1000

treghet
04-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Holy shit those are some huge hands.

ChildrenofSodom
04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Holy shit those are some huge hands.

Yeah, I've thought that too. I wonder how big the nails were....

illuminatus917
04-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I've thought that too. I wonder how big the nails were....

The nails went in the wrists...

makethemsuffer12
04-22-2011, 11:21 PM
The nails went in the wrists...

Nice one.

jd091
04-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Oooh, just realized that Sepultura is playing here the same night as Terror. Still think I'm gonna go to Terror.

treghet
04-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Oooh, just realized that Sepultura is playing here the same night as Terror. Still think I'm gonna go to Terror.

I'd go to Terror too. Just don't stage dive during Trapped Under Ice. ;)

jd091
04-23-2011, 01:03 AM

Uh... why not?

treghet
04-23-2011, 01:11 AM
http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16404

elturtleboy
04-23-2011, 01:23 AM

:LOLFC:

jd091
04-23-2011, 09:43 AM
http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16404

Oh shit! Thanks for the warning! I expect everyone will probably jump on Jesse from Stick to Your Guns, so I'll save that tomfoolery for them.

I also don't really have any hardcore band shirts... is it fair game for me to wear a death metal shirt to a hardcore show? :eyes:

JuuKun
04-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Just had to stop myself from listening to the new CoB album a few songs in. After AYDY and Blooddrunk, I don't expect anything amazing, but I figure it might be passable. However, after listening to the new Primordial and Moonsorrow back to back, it just sounds like total garbage and I don't want to go in with that sort of bias.

brutal_descent
04-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I also don't really have any hardcore band shirts... is it fair game for me to wear a death metal shirt to a hardcore show? :eyes:

Shows you have taste ;)

Nick_to_the_face
04-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Last night was my first show with my band, and I was scared shitless..
and we advanced to the finals :party:

jd091
04-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Last night was my first show with my band, and I was scared shitless..
and we advanced to the finals :party:

Awesome! I remember the first time I played a show in high school, and we totally failed incredibly hard at the battle of the bands. It was at the Cleveland House of Blues though, which was amazing to play at. I guess the judges didn't like Phish-style jam bands over pop punk groups. :hmm:

treghet
04-23-2011, 02:45 PM
I really want this shirt, but there's no way I'm paying fifty fucking dollars for it.

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/time-machine-2011/rush-original-burnout-t-shirt.html

TonyD
04-23-2011, 02:48 PM
It's rediculous how much old touring bands charge for merch, evem more rediculous that people still shell out money for stuff.

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2011, 09:02 AM
From a review of Nailed.Dead.Risen by Impending Doom: "There are only two people that this CD is NOT for: Hardline, hardcore Satanists, and people who don't like death metal. Buy this album to save your souls."

:lol: :lol: :lol: This guy actually thinks that Satanists actually exist in large enough numbers to be talked about with any consequence.

treghet
04-24-2011, 10:14 AM
From a review of Nailed.Dead.Risen by Impending Doom: "There are only two people that this CD is NOT for: Hardline, hardcore Satanists, and people who don't like death metal. Buy this album to save your souls."

:lol: :lol: :lol: This guy actually thinks that Satanists actually exist in large enough numbers to be talked about with any consequence.

Satanists that are hardline AND hardcore.

jd091
04-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Satanists that are hardline AND hardcore.

It was to my understanding that satanist != hardcore.

ChildrenofSodom
04-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Dude. Bruce Banner was born in Dayton, Ohio.

jd091
04-25-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm not gonna lie, this video just pumped me up for the new Trivium record. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2o-K6dxojE&feature=player_embedded)

*fingers crossed for a progressive acoustic blues album*

Dextrimental
04-25-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm not gonna lie, this video just pumped me up for the new Trivium record. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2o-K6dxojE&feature=player_embedded)

*fingers crossed for a progressive acoustic blues album*

Really reminds me of the All Hope Is Gone press releases. This record, it will either be really good or really bad, hopefully really good. I hope they tour the US alot for this one, they lost quite a bit of ground there in the last few years, Europe, we will get the usual big headlining tour, always does decent.

hellawaits77ny
04-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Really reminds me of the All Hope Is Gone press releases. This record, it will either be really good or really bad, hopefully really good. I hope they tour the US alot for this one, they lost quite a bit of ground there in the last few years, Europe, we will get the usual big headlining tour, always does decent.

Agreed!! I saw them headling in '09, and they had a nice, ~80 minute set. Hope they do it again!

Dextrimental
04-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Agreed!! I saw them headling in '09, and they had a nice, ~80 minute set. Hope they do it again!

They did an Irish mini-tour in 08 and we got around 100 minutes, but that was an off date of the Unholy Alliance tour, so there were only two openers, The Haunted and Rise To Remain. Great show though, I've seen them four times and everytime they've really got the energy going. I'm also quite happy about them not using 7 strings for this album, as we may get some less played songs of Ascendancy and Ember To Inferno.

jd091
04-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Man, I don't care who you are, Ascendency was the shit. I'm pumped to hear some new stuff from them.

makethemsuffer12
04-25-2011, 08:01 AM
They did an Irish mini-tour in 08 and we got around 100 minutes, but that was an off date of the Unholy Alliance tour, so there were only two openers, The Haunted and Rise To Remain. Great show though, I've seen them four times and everytime they've really got the energy going. I'm also quite happy about them not using 7 strings for this album, as we may get some less played songs of Ascendancy and Ember To Inferno.

Well their recent sets have been 80% Ascendancy, so there you go. Personally, I think they need to chill with the Ascendancy worship for a little bit (always talking about how the new album is like Ascendancy, playing most of those songs live). Don't get me wrong, I love that album, but goddammit, The Crusade needs some love as well! Or at least play some deeper cuts from Ascendancy. (I'm looking at you, Departure). Oh well, looking forward to the new album regardless.

ShatteredFlame
04-25-2011, 09:06 AM
So a Sonic finally opened up in New York, and conveniently on Long Island of all places :). After college road tripping to many other states this past year and a half, every time I had yet to find a Sonic (all though I did find Dairy Queen in almost all of them), so this better be worth the wait. Heading out now!

jd091
04-25-2011, 10:17 AM
So a Sonic finally opened up in New York, and conveniently on Long Island of all places :). After college road tripping to many other states this past year and a half, every time I had yet to find a Sonic (all though I did find Dairy Queen in almost all of them), so this better be worth the wait. Heading out now!

:drool: so...good...

brutal_descent
04-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Has anybody who plays guitar noticed that the opening notes for Fade to Black and Welcome Home Sanitarium are the same? Same with Dead Skin Mask and South of Heaven :eyes:

jd091
04-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Has anybody who plays guitar noticed that the opening notes for Fade to Black and Welcome Home Sanitarium are the same? Same with Dead Skin Mask and South of Heaven :eyes:

Yeah, I have :lol:

I mean, whenever you take a subgenre of metal, there's bound to be crossover in the notes. Has anyone who's ever listened to metalcore or deathcore noticed that ALL THE BREAKDOWNS JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE SAME NOTE?!?

makethemsuffer12
04-25-2011, 10:43 AM

A part of me wants to go out, but it's going to be ungodly crowded today, so I'll wait until later this week.

makethemsuffer12
04-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Fade to Black is more similar to One than Sanitarium.

ChildrenofSodom
04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
I got that job I've been blabbing about.

ShatteredFlame
04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
A part of me wants to go out, but it's going to be ungodly crowded today, so I'll wait until later this week.

I gave up. A 2 hour wait on drive through, or a 1 hour wait standing. I would be up for the challenge, but its fast food. Most likely not going to be worth that wait. And it's such a nice day, you could get a sun tan waiting on line.

Dextrimental
04-25-2011, 01:04 PM

yup, Metallica love that Em power chord with the raised octave! more noticeable with One compared to Fade to Black.

larvtard
04-25-2011, 01:12 PM

cherry cream slush :drool:

evildeadjedi
04-25-2011, 04:21 PM

Best thing about Sonic is the drinks by far!!! Cherry Limeaide :drool: After that I would say probably the chilli-cheese coney. I also seems to like their chilli cheese frito wrap.

illuminatus917
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM

Has anyone ever noticed that the opening riff to Undead by Hollywood Undead is a direct rip of Crazy Train?

Dextrimental
04-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that the opening riff to Undead by Hollywood Undead is a direct rip of Crazy Train?

I had not!

Holy Roller by Throwdown, the fast riff sounds like Rise by PanterA.

hellawaits77ny
04-25-2011, 11:52 PM
I had not!

Holy Roller by Throwdown, the fast riff sounds like Rise by PanterA.

I miss Throwdown's old shit.

Maiden33
04-25-2011, 11:55 PM

Holy fuck. I just looked it up and yeah... that is NOTE FOR NOTE. Sounds like it's even in the same key too, but I'm too lazy/don't care enough to check.

Dextrimental
04-25-2011, 11:57 PM
I miss Throwdown's old shit.

You and me both. I didn't get into them until after that album. Them and Hatebreed are now essentially metal bands with hardcore influences, rather than it being the other way around.

illuminatus917
04-26-2011, 12:02 AM
We should start a "what bands rip off other bands" thread.

Dextrimental
04-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Holy fuck. I just looked it up and yeah... that is NOTE FOR NOTE. Sounds like it's even in the same key too, but I'm too lazy/don't care enough to check.

I checked out a tab to see, seems to be in D instead, biut its the same notes of the scale, played in the same sequence.

Dextrimental
04-26-2011, 12:11 AM

That'd be cool!

Maiden33
04-26-2011, 12:15 AM
If we're gonna talk similarities, I gotta bring this up. Even though neither band is really what people on this board are into.

Exhibit A: "Until We Touch the Burning Sun" by Thunderstone (2003)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dspuR9CNTKg

Exhibit B: "Walk the Earth" by Silent Force (2007)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcwqWF4GJBo

Now, you will hear almost nothing in these songs that is a note-for-note similarity, but if you take the time to study the song structure, chord structures, some of the melodies, and just the overall big picture... you realize that this songs are uncannily alike. The best comparison I can use is to think of two houses built with the same schematics/floor plans - but furnished differently, and maybe one has had a little remodeling. But they're still eerily similar.

Dextrimental
04-26-2011, 12:20 AM
If we're gonna talk similarities, I gotta bring this up. Even though neither band is really what people on this board are into.

Exhibit A: "Until We Touch the Burning Sun" by Thunderstone (2003)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dspuR9CNTKg

Exhibit B: "Walk the Earth" by Silent Force (2007)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcwqWF4GJBo

Now, you will hear almost nothing in these songs that is a note-for-note similarity, but if you take the time to study the song structure, chord structures, some of the melodies, and just the overall big picture... you realize that this songs are uncannily alike. The best comparison I can use is to think of two houses built with the same schematics/floor plans - but furnished differently, and maybe one has had a little remodeling. But they're still eerily similar.

Wow, thats ridiculous. If I didn't know better, I'd swear one band wrote the song, but a member left to join the other one, and wrote an altered version of the same song with them. It does sound like they both have the same blue prints, just built it a little differently.

jd091
04-26-2011, 12:20 AM

Yes, yes, and YES. But it can't be obvious shit, like, OH THIS BREAKDOWN SOUNDS THE SAME SINCE BECAUSE ITS DEATHCORE AND ALL THAT JAZZ. Good things, like specific riffs and whatnot.

hellawaits77ny
04-26-2011, 01:51 AM
You and me both. I didn't get into them until after that album. Them and Hatebreed are now essentially metal bands with hardcore influences, rather than it being the other way around.

Have you heard Throwdown's newest album? More like Godsmack w/ a metal influence. It sucked.

ChildrenofSodom
04-26-2011, 06:58 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20054357-504083.html

God DAMN

jd091
04-26-2011, 09:43 AM
If that's not metal, I don't know what is.

Nick_to_the_face
04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20054357-504083.html

God DAMN

and they say metal fans are bad :lol:

ShatteredFlame
04-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Finally had some Sonic. Somehow managed to beat the rush and made it their with only a 15 minute wait, which was weird considering how immediately after us the line went on and stretched around the block. Burgers remind me of Nathans except it doesn't kill your stomach on the first bite. Fries were decent. I got a cherry slushy as a drink that was pretty good. Then I got an oreo ice cream Sonic Blast and that is fucking delicious :drool:

mankvill
04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
It's so funny to me that people everywhere don't have Sonic.

powerslave_85
04-26-2011, 12:03 PM
We don't have anything here :( I'd love to have Sonic. Cherry Limeades on a hot summer day are ambrosia.

ChildrenofSodom
04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
All of their food is bad, but the slushies are pretty good if you've got a sweet tooth. And you get GIANT quantities. :)

illuminatus917
04-26-2011, 01:32 PM
All of their food is bad, but the slushies are pretty good if you've got a sweet tooth. And you get GIANT quantities. :)

I think they're one of the few fast food restaurants that have decent burgers. I also think their cheese fries are pretty bitchin', but I know you try to eat healthy, so...

ChildrenofSodom
04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I think they're one of the few fast food restaurants that have decent burgers. I also think their cheese fries are pretty bitchin', but I know you try to eat healthy, so...

Well, even before that point, I never found their food appealing. In my hometown, they were situated next to a Chipotle, next to a Culver's, and within a mile of BK, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendys, and all the other fast food joints. They never really stood out to me.

mastodon421
04-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Sonic's food is pretty average. The first (and only) in my area opened a couple of years ago and I was pretty disapointed. I will say their drinks are amazing.

slapguitarer
04-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Well, the Vanilla forums just went to complete shit.

illuminatus917
04-26-2011, 06:45 PM

Haha, I noticed. Things seem to be falling apart at the moment over there.

rjturtle9
04-26-2011, 06:47 PM

By the way, your avatar kicks serious ass!

slapguitarer
04-26-2011, 07:10 PM
By the way, your avatar kicks serious ass!

:cool:
:allan:

mankvill
04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
At BTBAM

JFAC is horrendous live, good lorc