PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ShatteredFlame
03-05-2011, 07:19 AM
The Book of Mormon - pretty sure it's running for awhile, I know it's just getting started.

Thanks for telling me about this. I have gone to 2 shows this past week and didn't even notice it on the play bill. I'mma have to go some time this month.

DethMaiden
03-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Proudly, I just dont get involved inalot of that stuff.. If I have a problem with someone, I make it a point to say it to them before the party, or if needs be during, and talk it out with them. Its often surprising the difference it makes if you just say the point you have directly to the person and have at it there and then.

It's just a matter of people saying shit drunk they wouldn't say sober and people being pissed. It's never as bad as they think it is in the moment, either.

Actually...the nights when townies show up and get in fistfights with students, those are pretty much as bad as they sound if not worse. :eyes:

idrinkwine732
03-05-2011, 11:14 AM
In N Out at the Grapevine :cool:

brutal_descent
03-05-2011, 11:24 AM
just finished watching the Matrix for the trillionth time. The best movie soundtrack I've ever heard since Dazed & Confused, now that I've paid attention to it.

Rob Zombie, The Prodigy, Rammstein, the Deftones, Marilyn Manson, Rage Against the Machine, Massive Attack... :rocker: Perfect 90s soundtrack. Will rewatch second Matrix tomorrow too.

rjturtle9
03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Listening to MW while drinking apple juice. Today will be a good day.

El Gordo
03-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Getting ready to go see the Blackhawks (hopefully) clobber the Maple Leafs. Gotta love wearing the away team's jersey when the away team wins!

DethMaiden
03-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Getting ready to go see the Blackhawks (hopefully) clobber the Maple Leafs. Gotta love wearing the away team's jersey when the away team wins!

Air Canada Centre is the shit.

Indestructible
03-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Jack Blood and Callers Expose Alex Jones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LSPB14tfKo

El Gordo
03-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Ahhhh! Hawks raped the Leafs... We're back bitches! 8 wins in a row!

powerslave_85
03-05-2011, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't exactly call 5-3 a beatdown.

El Gordo
03-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't exactly call 5-3 a beatdown.

Didn't say it was a beatdown! They just got raped! RAPED!!!

(Let me enjoy it ok? Haven't seen the Hawks live in three years.... RAPE!)

brutal_descent
03-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Friend asked me to put on some Interpol for her - I scrolled to the I in my iTunes library and accidentally put on Immortal. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
03-06-2011, 12:38 AM
I pray that Hammerfall are writing a song about tigerblood and Adonis DNA. And Sacred Steel are writing about High Priest Vatican Assassin Warlocks (of Metal).

jd091
03-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Friend asked me to put on some Interpol for her - I scrolled to the I in my iTunes library and accidentally put on Immortal. :lol:

"Accidently"... sure :lol:

brutal_descent
03-06-2011, 01:06 AM
"Accidently"... sure :lol:

:D not my fault I can't tell the difference between black metal and shoegaze indie rock.

Derelict
03-06-2011, 05:40 AM
Thanks for telling me about this. I have gone to 2 shows this past week and didn't even notice it on the play bill. I'mma have to go some time this month.

My buddy and I really enjoyed it, pretty funny shit

BloodoftheKings
03-06-2011, 10:28 AM
I was at my grandma's house picking up my overkill tickets that got sent there by accident and I was wearing my faith no more shirt and as I was leaving my grandma's friend stops me and says "faith no more? what is that?, the devil." :lol: @ old people.

mankvill
03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
:D not my fault I can't tell the difference between black metal and shoegaze indie rock.

;_; noooo Interpol isn't Shoegaze at all

ChildrenofSodom
03-06-2011, 12:31 PM
SUCK IT LEBRON JAMES! 3 EMBARRASSING LOSSES IN A ROW!

DethMaiden
03-06-2011, 12:34 PM
The Heat are now 1-for-16 on game-tying or game-winning shots in the last 10 seconds. :lol: They have two of the allegedly most clutch players in the NBA? Gimme Kobe or Manu any day.

brutal_descent
03-06-2011, 12:58 PM
;_; noooo Interpol isn't Shoegaze at all

I once went to an Interpol/Silversun Pickups show. The poster read - two of America's strongest shoegaze indie rock bands come together to make your summer the best it can be.

Plus it's one of Interpol's most-used tags on Last.FM and Last.FM is never wrong. ;)

jd091
03-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Plus it's one of Interpol's most-used tags on Last.FM and Last.FM is never wrong. ;)

Soooo... You're saying last.fm knows more about music than mankvill? Blasphemy.

brutal_descent
03-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Soooo... You're saying last.fm knows more about music than mankvill? Blasphemy.

No, I'm saying that in five minutes the tickets for Muse's concert here in May are going on sale and I can't be bothered to read what's going on here while I'm waiting.

But yes. 8k people can't be wrong ;)
Nothing personal manks.

mankvill
03-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I once went to an Interpol/Silversun Pickups show. The poster read - two of America's strongest shoegaze indie rock bands come together to make your summer the best it can be.

Hmmmmmmmm. I will admit I'm not a huge listener of shoegaze, but I've never thought of Interpol as that!

brutal_descent
03-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Hmmmmmmmm. I will admit I'm not a huge listener of shoegaze, but I've never thought of Interpol as that!

Admitting your problem is always the first step to progressing into an INDIE FREAK OMFG

mankvill
03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Admitting your problem is always the first step to progressing into an INDIE FREAK OMFG

Radiohead is my #6 artist on last.fm. I'm getting there!

ravenheart
03-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Here's a question. What the fuck is shoegaze anyway?

People (at large) need to stop making up genres just to claim what they listen to is new and original.

mankvill
03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Here's a question. What the fuck is shoegaze anyway?

People (at large) need to stop making up genres just to claim what they listen to is new and original.

Shoegaze has been around for a loooong time. I know that bands like My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive are the pioneers of it.

jd091
03-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Shoegaze has been around for a loooong time. I know that bands like My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive are the pioneers of it.

Yeah, I'm not necessarily a fan, but Shoegaze has been around since the 80's. It was like, indie before indie ever existed. Woah.

mankvill
03-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I'm not necessarily a fan, but Shoegaze has been around since the 80's. It was like, indie before indie ever existed. Woah.

BWAAAAAAAAM

brutal_descent
03-06-2011, 02:08 PM
BWAAAAAAAAM

/the sound of hipsters dying

ITS LIKE AGENT SMITH BEING FINALLY DESTROYED

My last.fm charts are weird and fucked up, but here you go http://www.last.fm/user/lincolnp75

ShatteredFlame
03-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I love shoegaze and I do disagree about Interpol being shoegaze also, they do borrow from post-punk and their vocals are often very low and they do have a somewhat dreamy sound to them. But compare them to bands like Astrobrite, Lovesliescrushing, Medicine, or Star. Way off from the shoegaze sound. Shoegaze is more of a noise genre then an indie genre. There are noise rock type shoegaze bands like A Place to Bury Strangers and Scarling. but they generally are a lot heavier then stuff like Interpol.

For metal fans I recommend stuff like Have a Nice Life, Jesu, and The Angelic Process. All fuse post-metal/doom/drone/post-punk with shoegaze and create some of the most crushing music around!

Many of you also listen to the band Alcest. Their first album is a shoegaze album with black metal influences, their second one is more a black metal album with shoegaze influences. Ameoseours was also a shoegaze band.

I wouldn't call shoegaze hipster anymore either. There hasn't been a pure shoegaze band to cause hype in years. There was Asobi Seksu, but nobody likes them now.

brutal_descent
03-06-2011, 02:28 PM
I love shoegaze and I do disagree about Interpol being shoegaze also, they do borrow from post-punk and their vocals are often very low and they do have a somewhat dreamy sound to them. But compare them to bands like Astrobrite, Lovesliescrushing, Medicine, or Star. Way off from the shoegaze sound. Shoegaze is more of a noise genre then an indie genre. There are noise rock type shoegaze bands like A Place to Bury Strangers and Scarling. but they generally are a lot heavier then stuff like Interpol.

For metal fans I recommend stuff like Have a Nice Life, Jesu, and The Angelic Process. All fuse post-metal/doom/drone/post-punk with shoegaze and create some of the most crushing music around!

Many of you also listen to the band Alcest. Their first album is a shoegaze album with black metal influences, their second one is more a black metal album with shoegaze influences. Ameoseours was also a shoegaze band.

I wouldn't call shoegaze hipster anymore either. There hasn't been a pure shoegaze band to cause hype in years. There was Asobi Seksu, but nobody likes them now.

:rocker:

El Gordo
03-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't consider Interpol to be shoegaze, since I actually like their music. :lol:

idrinkwine732
03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
loling at Man U deciding to suck dicks now.

mankvill
03-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I love shoegaze and I do disagree about Interpol being shoegaze also, they do borrow from post-punk and their vocals are often very low and they do have a somewhat dreamy sound to them.

They are Joy Division 2.0 ;)

elturtleboy
03-06-2011, 09:41 PM

sad but true

mankvill
03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
sad but true

But I like em!

jd091
03-06-2011, 10:28 PM
sad but true

da du du du du
heeeeey
I'm yerrr life
I'm tha one who takes you therrrrrrr...

:)

Derelict
03-07-2011, 12:08 PM
been watching clutch videos all day, happens without fail every time i see them

ShatteredFlame
03-07-2011, 12:29 PM

nah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI3s68dB-vM)

evildeadjedi
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
been watching clutch videos all day, happens without fail every time i see them

Nice! :)

makethemsuffer12
03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Listening to some tracks from the new Bodom album on Youtube. Ehh, I don't really know what to think about it. Just too much of the same shit, though that was to be expected anyway.

Maiden33
03-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Listening to a couple of my band's tracks from our 2009 CD... Remixed and "cleaned up" by one of my favorite guitar players. Pretty weird but awesome feeling.

mastodon421
03-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Listening to some tracks from the new Bodom album on Youtube. Ehh, I don't really know what to think about it. Just too much of the same shit, though that was to be expected anyway.

I actually really dug the new Bodom:eyes:

hellawaits77ny
03-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Listening to the Pens/Sabres game, about to go to the gym. And not looking forward to work tonight

makethemsuffer12
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I actually really dug the new Bodom:eyes:

Nothing wrong with that, but I wasn't really crazy about the songs I listened to. They make the songs on Bloodrunk look really good in comparison. But I must say, that Eddie Murphy cover was AWESOME.

ChildrenofSodom
03-09-2011, 07:12 AM
It still amazes me that some people don't "get" the Onion. I like sharing articles with folks, and here's how it usually goes.

"Hey, you know The Onion?"
"Yeah."
"Well they had an article about _____."
"Oh my god, that is crazy. Is that really happening? Are you serious?"

What? You just said you knew what the Onion was, why the fuck would you think ____ is real?

brutal_descent
03-09-2011, 07:20 AM
It still amazes me that some people don't "get" the Onion. I like sharing articles with folks, and here's how it usually goes.

"Yeah."

What? You just said you knew what the Onion was, why the fuck would you think ____ is real?

My hipster friends post links to the Onion all the time on their Facebooks, MySpaces, etc etc and their dumbass friends are like OMFG ARE YOU FOR REAL and someone has to come along and ruin it by saying "It's the Onion - none of it is real." :finger2:

rjturtle9
03-09-2011, 11:52 AM

"Yeah."

I loved when they came out with the story about wrestling fans being fake too. Loved it!

SomewhereInTime72
03-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone, I forgot to come to this place for about 2 weeks, what's up? :D :eyes:

brutal_descent
03-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Does anybody have any idea when I'm supposed to get notified whether I won my backstage pass from Megadeth Fan Club for next Tuesday's European Carnage? Thanks, I'm getting a bit worried now.

Dextrimental
03-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Does anybody have any idea when I'm supposed to get notified whether I won my backstage pass from Megadeth Fan Club for next Tuesday's European Carnage? Thanks, I'm getting a bit worried now.

You'll be notified if you got it. If you get no notification, then you won't have gotten it.

brutal_descent
03-10-2011, 09:33 AM
You'll be notified if you got it. If you get no notification, then you won't have gotten it.

No shit, Sherlock.

What I meant was when am I getting the PM? Day of the concert? Day before? Two days? :confused:

Dextrimental
03-10-2011, 09:41 AM
No shit, Sherlock.

What I meant was when am I getting the PM? Day of the concert? Day before? Two days? :confused:

fuck you smartass. assuming you get it, they probably would have told you by now.

brutal_descent
03-10-2011, 09:49 AM
fuck you smartass. assuming you get it, they probably would have told you by now.

Hey, no harsh feelings here. We're all friends. :nonono:

Let me put it this way - nobody in Moscow has any fucking idea what 'Megadeth Cyber Army' is. They pick ten people out of each city who enter to go backstage, and I'll bet A LOT of money that apart from me, maaaaaaybe one or two other people have entered for my date.

Dextrimental
03-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Hey, no harsh feelings here. We're all friends. :nonono:

Let me put it this way - nobody in Moscow has any fucking idea what 'Megadeth Cyber Army' is. They pick ten people out of each city who enter to go backstage, and I'll bet A LOT of money that apart from me, maaaaaaybe one or two other people have entered for my date.

You say that, but I guarantee you'd be surprised with this sorta stuff.

DethMaiden
03-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Moscow=Buffalo?

mastodon421
03-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Moscow=Buffalo?

:lol:

brutal_descent
03-10-2011, 11:08 AM
You say that, but I guarantee you'd be surprised with this sorta stuff.

Well, I'm pretty sure if you don't get it they send you a message anyhow saying that "-thank you for trying out, unfortunately you did not win. Better luck next time."

brutal_descent
03-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Moscow=Buffalo?

IrritatedTrout
03-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Moscow=Buffalo?

A+

TonyD
03-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Just turned down a free ticket to the Big 4 show
:bouville:

IrritatedTrout
03-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Bad call, bro.;)

daimonos
03-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Got accepted to Columbia College in Chicago :party:

larvtard
03-10-2011, 05:48 PM

I want to go to college in Chicago... :(
I did submit a late app to Northwestern but I highly doubt I'll be getting in.
Good job though

ChildrenofSodom
03-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Good job though

I didn't. :D

larvtard
03-10-2011, 06:04 PM
I didn't. :D

Oh fuck, and your SAT scores were way better than mine (I remember you listing yours). Was your app essay good? Because, as it stands, that's my best chance...

daimonos
03-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Good job though

Thanks man, I went to Chicago the other week and it seems like it'd be a pretty cool place to live. I'm just not used to cities like that, but it would be an experience I'm sure. I still am waiting to hear back from some other schools though, so we'll see what I'm doing.

Good luck to you though. :D

DethMaiden
03-10-2011, 06:42 PM

Say hi to Matt Serey, one of the coolest people in the world, for me.

jd091
03-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Good job though

Thanks man, I went to Chicago the other week and it seems like it'd be a pretty cool place to live. I'm just not used to cities like that, but it would be an experience I'm sure. I still am waiting to hear back from some other schools though, so we'll see what I'm doing.

Good luck to you though. :D

COLLEGE IN CHICAGO FUCKING ROCKS. :rocker::rocker::rocker: Trust me. Its an amazing city, with amazing venues. I can't recommend coming here enough.

El Gordo
03-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Just turned down a free ticket to the Big 4 show
:bouville:

It would be a fun time, but not really that big a loss dude. Don't get all cloudy and shit.

larvtard
03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
COLLEGE IN CHICAGO FUCKING ROCKS. :rocker::rocker::rocker: Trust me. Its an amazing city, with amazing venues. I can't recommend coming here enough.

Where do you go?

jd091
03-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Where do you go?

DePaul, in Lincoln Park on the north side. Their Computer Science and game dev programs are pretty good.

idrinkwine732
03-10-2011, 10:20 PM
DePaul, in Lincoln Park on the north side. Their Computer Science and game dev programs are pretty good.

I got accepted to DePaul on Monday.

DementedX14
03-10-2011, 10:47 PM

I go to DePaul as well, but I commute from the suburbs. The school is okay and the city is great for attracting concerts. The thing is that there are too many hipsters plus all the problems involving traffic, construction, and weather are horrible.

RAZOR
03-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Congrats to all you newly accepted to college folk.

idrinkwine732
03-10-2011, 11:02 PM
It would take Arizona rescinding their acceptance for me to go to DePaul, frankly.

mankvill
03-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Holy shit, hopefully Boris, Coffins, Fastkill, etc. weren't in Japan tonight D:

TonyD
03-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Holy shit, hopefully Boris, Coffins, Fastkill, etc. weren't in Japan tonight D:

Shit yeah that looks ugly

jd091
03-11-2011, 12:13 AM

Nice! Congrats! I love this school a lot.

I go to DePaul as well, but I commute from the suburbs. The school is okay and the city is great for attracting concerts. The thing is that there are too many hipsters plus all the problems involving traffic, construction, and weather are horrible.

Yep, its definitely a big commuter school, but its got a great campus community also. Hell, its located practically on top of the Fullerton L stop, making it SUPER easy to get anywhere in the city for concerts. I'm 10 minutes away from the House of Blues, and 20 away from Reggies, train-wise. I really feel for the commuters: coming into Chicago is a BITCH traffic-wise.

Yes, there are a lot of hipsters. But aren't there that at most colleges now? I guess I prefer hipsters to frat bros, which isn't a huge scene here. Its not an *amazing* school academically, and technically I could have gone to more challenging schools, but it has a great digital arts/cinema school. They offer tons of courses specializing in Video Game programming (what I'm minoring in), and DePaul students have put out two amazing games, The Devil's Tuning Fork and Octodad in the last 2 years which won awards at the Independent Game Developer's conference, over any other school with game dev programs. Just a little shameless plug, there.

I WILL say that it is verrrrrrrry liberal. Good or bad, depending on your views. Aren't most colleges, though? Chicago is the belly of the democratic party beast. Most of my friends don't give two shits about politics, which is good. I know, like, 2 other metalheads here, but mostly its filled with dubstep and fuckin' indie rock people. Indie rock bands sell out the Metro all the time; even though we have a good metal scene, indie is HUGE here. Fucking hipsters. Cleveland had a great metal scene where I grew up, and I miss Peabody's a lot.

But yeah, depending on your major, DePaul is great. And Lincoln Park is like, the most affluent, beautiful neighborhood in Chicago. Much better location than Loyola or Northwestern, in my completely arrogant opinion :D

jd091
03-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Oh, and, ahem.... post 660... 6 more to go....

:)

TonyD
03-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Ok, time to stop worrying about Japan and start worrying about ourselves. I'd guess Hawaii is gonna get rocked and there is a serious warning for northern and central CA.

rjturtle9
03-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Ok, time to stop worrying about Japan and start worrying about ourselves. I'd guess Hawaii is gonna get rocked and there is a serious warning for northern and central CA.

True that I just heard about that. We can get hit by a quake any minute.

brutal_descent
03-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Just got confirmation email that I will meet Megadave on Tuesday.

TonyD
03-11-2011, 02:06 AM
True that I just heard about that. We can get hit by a quake any minute.

It's more about a tsunami

w00tasaurus
03-11-2011, 03:10 AM
last day of class before spring break..

although I'm not doing anything special, and most of my good friends are going away on vacation :p

idrinkwine732
03-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm gonna go pick up some emergency stuff later today. I knew we had some back when the 5.something hit a few years ago, but I think if one hits San Andreas it would come a lot bigger than that.

brutal_descent
03-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Worrying about my brothers in San Francisco. :eek:

And also convincing the members of Ghost through Facebook to come to Russia :D

ChildrenofSodom
03-11-2011, 10:17 AM
So, I interviewed for a junior class honorary, and was 99% sure I would get in. I was told of the two honoraries, the one I chose was the easiest to get into. Well, I didn't get in. Not bummed about not having to do community service every quarter, but it really makes me question if I'm qualified for graduate school. They didn't give me any feedback on my application/interview (which I thought went well), they just said I didn't get in.

Kinda put a damper on my day.

jd091
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
POST 666! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamAhPeYoC8)

:666::666::dfork::fingers::naughty::666::666:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/images-4/satan.jpg
http://realorange.org/Satan's%20Throne.jpg
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/ob/satan/satan-tenacious-d.jpg
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Freemasonry/baphomet-pentagram.jpg

illuminatus917
03-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Does anyone here think things are "meant to be?"

I ask this seriously. For some reason I'm seeking some thought on this.

Sepultura69
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
You know what sucks more than working?......When you're falling pretty hard for a girl that you work with :(

Fuckin' A' :(

w00tasaurus
03-11-2011, 03:15 PM
@illimunatus: generally I don't believe in any sort of fate thing but certain experiences make me think its possible.

@sepultura: awhh, thats cute ;)

ChildrenofSodom
03-11-2011, 05:10 PM

I think the human brain tries to attach meaning to events it can't explain, and "coincidence" isn't a satisfying answer to our egos. I think people try to analyze the past to make sense of the present, which can be helpful, but I don't believe in fate or "just because."

Dextrimental
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM

I do, because alot of things in my life have fit together very nicely, and allowed other things to happen in such a way that it ust felt like it was all some sort of domino effect. I don't believe that if we just sit solitary for our whole lives we will automatically meet our soulmate, our best friend, raise a family and become famous or mean the world to alot of people or whatever your dream is, but I do believe there is a kind of, path we are all following, and that by going out we putting ourselves on that path and following it.

mankvill
03-11-2011, 05:22 PM
I have to get this off my chest.

I expect to get flamed.

Here we go:

Reagers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wino

evildeadjedi
03-11-2011, 05:24 PM
You know what sucks more than working?......When you're falling pretty hard for a girl that you work with :(

Fuckin' A' :(

Ahhh that does especially if you're a firm believer in "don't shit where you eat".

idrinkwine732
03-12-2011, 01:05 AM
So I just saw Kvelertak play their first live show in the US.

daimonos
03-12-2011, 07:23 AM

I applied to DePaul but I couldn't get in because I couldn't meet all the requirements for the audition for the deparment I'm going into, but I was there the other week.

Are you gonna be going their Wine?

Maiden33
03-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Just won 4 tickets to see Thin Lizzy on March 24th! :D

Crionics
03-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Oh fuck, and your SAT scores were way better than mine (I remember you listing yours). Was your app essay good? Because, as it stands, that's my best chance...

Hey you applied to UVA right? How did that go?

idrinkwine732
03-12-2011, 10:14 AM
I applied to DePaul but I couldn't get in because I couldn't meet all the requirements for the audition for the deparment I'm going into, but I was there the other week.

Are you gonna be going their Wine?

No, I got into Arizona and I just found out I got into American, two schools I really like. I don't see myself going to DePaul.

daimonos
03-12-2011, 12:17 PM
No, I got into Arizona and I just found out I got into American, two schools I really like. I don't see myself going to DePaul.

Oh nice. I applied to American but I haven't heard back from them yet.

ChildrenofSodom
03-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh nice. I applied to American but I haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm going to apply to American and GWU for grad school, as well as Ohio State, Northwestern, and probably Michigan, Indiana, and University of Chicago.

larvtard
03-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey you applied to UVA right? How did that go?

I haven't found out yet. Probably two more weeks or so. I can't wait!

DethMaiden
03-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm going to apply to American and GWU for grad school, as well as Ohio State, Northwestern, and probably Michigan, Indiana, and University of Chicago.

:bliss:

ChildrenofSodom
03-12-2011, 01:39 PM
:bliss:
;)

Crionics
03-12-2011, 01:57 PM
I haven't found out yet. Probably two more weeks or so. I can't wait!

I hope you get in man. I'm currently trying to bring up my SAT Scores (3rd try on Tuesday) and hopefully will have a better chance of getting in. I've heard that if you have straight 660+'s they will just "check off" the SAT portion of your application and move on to another portion. I'm going to apply for EA after this year is over and it is without a doubt my #1 choice. Good luck! :horns:

larvtard
03-12-2011, 04:01 PM
I hope you get in man. I'm currently trying to bring up my SAT Scores (3rd try on Tuesday) and hopefully will have a better chance of getting in. I've heard that if you have straight 660+'s they will just "check off" the SAT portion of your application and move on to another portion. I'm going to apply for EA after this year is over and it is without a doubt my #1 choice. Good luck! :horns:

Have you visited it? It sounds like a great school from what I've read. My dad and younger brother were visiting UNC and, on an impulse, decided to drive up to UVA as well. They said I would absolutely love it.

UVA is far more difficult for out-of-staters, though. If I was in-state I'd probably have a much better chance.

illuminatus917
03-12-2011, 05:14 PM
My dad and younger brother were visiting UNC

I'll be going there for grad school.

:party:

Crionics
03-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Have you visited it? It sounds like a great school from what I've read. My dad and younger brother were visiting UNC and, on an impulse, decided to drive up to UVA as well. They said I would absolutely love it.

UVA is far more difficult for out-of-staters, though. If I was in-state I'd probably have a much better chance.

While I havn't taken one of those campus tours, I've been to the campus a couple of times and loved it. It really is a great school, but the competition for getting accepted can be very tough, even if you're in-state like myself. Not only are all the decent VA students applying to UVA, but also those who are just one step away from making some Ivy League Schools. I'm really hoping I can bring up my Reading and Writing from 570 to 660, I've improved a lot so we shall see. They like to see that you're in the top 10% of your class, I'm in the top 12% and I need to pass 6 people to make it into the top 10%, so that probably won't happen. But my school is pretty competitive and I still have a 4.14 GPA, so I think I can make up for it with a better SAT Score..Wish me luck guys haha!

ChildrenofSodom
03-12-2011, 06:55 PM
I'll be going there for grad school.

:party:

What are you studying?

illuminatus917
03-12-2011, 07:00 PM
What are you studying?

I'm majoring in international business and minoring in political science and Chinese.

slapguitarer
03-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Chillin' at my bro's house :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
03-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Fuck Daylight Savings. :lol: I'm trying to study for finals, and I'm gonna lose an hour.....of watching every single episode of Futurama on netflix

illuminatus917
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
When there's anticipation of UNC vs DUKE, a restless night ensues.

treghet
03-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Enjoying bacon and egg quesadillas. Smothered in hot sauce. :drool: And then I'm going to catch up on some new music I've been wanting to check out.

Wizzbang11
03-13-2011, 11:42 AM
http://truthsurvival.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/fukushima-nuclear-radiation-spread-map.jpg?w=500&h=279

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

idrinkwine732
03-13-2011, 11:48 AM
We'll be fine.

Wizzbang11
03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
We'll be fine.

I know, just got my finger's crossed all three reactors don't meltdown...

idrinkwine732
03-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I know, just got my finger's crossed all three reactors don't meltdown...

There's a lot of alarmist stuff going on right now, especially on the west coast. I don't think there's much of a chance of anything happening here. Fukishima is only a level four on the INES, the International Nuclear Event Scale, which is limited to local repercussions only. That's in comparison to Chernobyl, a seven, the difference being much bigger, and had few consequences outside Ukraine.

es156
03-13-2011, 12:14 PM
http://truthsurvival.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/fukushima-nuclear-radiation-spread-map.jpg?w=500&h=279

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Wait, what I meant was......

:eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
03-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Plenty of land here in Ohio. :D

evildeadjedi
03-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Would you like Clutch news, tourdates, links, music, etc sent straight to your cellphone? Text CLUTCH to 94253 to receive free mobile updates from Neil, Tim, Jean Paul, Dan, and the bandís label Weathermaker Music!

daimonos
03-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Currently checking out the following 2011 albums:

Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light
Total Fucking Destruction - Hater
Devildriver - Beast
Impiety - Worshippers of the Seventh Tyranny
Black Witchery - Inferno of Sacred Destruction
Neuraxis - Asylon
Belphegor - Blood Magick Necromance
Trap Them - Darker Handcraft

Wizzbang11
03-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Black Witchery - Inferno of Sacred Destruction

2010 bro, although the CD/DVD special edition might have come out in early 2011 from HH.

treghet
03-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Before and after pictures of the tsunami damage. :(

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm

TonyD
03-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Chickenfoot is naming their new album Chickenfoot IV, awesome.

ChildrenofSodom
03-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Who are the ads on Hulu for? I can understand the phone ads appealing to the 18-25 male demographic, but do they really think I have the money to go out and buy a brand new car? JUST LET ME WATCH THE CLEVELAND SHOW!

makethemsuffer12
03-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Who are the ads on Hulu for? I can understand the phone ads appealing to the 18-25 male demographic, but do they really think I have the money to go out and buy a brand new car? JUST LET ME WATCH THE CLEVELAND SHOW!

In that case, I think I'd rather watch the ads...

BloodoftheKings
03-14-2011, 12:33 PM
In that case, I think I'd rather watch the ads...

This

daimonos
03-14-2011, 07:21 PM
2010 bro, although the CD/DVD special edition might have come out in early 2011 from HH.

Oh damn, well it's a pretty cool album.

idrinkwine732
03-14-2011, 07:24 PM
So there's this girl at UCLA who made a pretty racist video about Asian people in the libraries there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg3tIERI-D4&feature=related

Now, this is no revelation that people are racists, but I'm now listening to this dubstep remix of the video and I can't keep a straight face. I'm not a dubstep fan, but I just can't keep it together while listening to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_13T8Dix8M

ChildrenofSodom
03-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Fuck, I think she's a political science major. Damn it. Probably a CR.

larvtard
03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
So there's this girl at UCLA who made a pretty racist video about Asian people in the libraries there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg3tIERI-D4&feature=related

Now, this is no revelation that people are racists, but I'm now listening to this dubstep remix of the video and I can't keep a straight face. I'm not a dubstep fan, but I just can't keep it together while listening to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_13T8Dix8M

haha watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAEGzpCt7fE&feature=related

DethMaiden
03-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Sitting in my hotel room waiting for the College Jeopardy test to begin. Feeling good about this. :allan:

ChildrenofSodom
03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Also taking the College Jeopardy test. 1 minute away.

slapguitarer
03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm not a dubstep fan,

What about that 2.5/4 dubstep you said you were going to make? I'd listen to it even though I hate dubstep.

ChildrenofSodom
03-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Can't tell em apart.

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/4/4_photo.jpg
http://swampland.com/img/Image/articles/allmanlegends/ABB%20Promofillmorejpg.jpg

mankvill
03-16-2011, 06:54 PM
No more MDF for me. :(

Currently looking into CIM, Rites of Darkness, Chaos in Tejas or something else.

Wizzbang11
03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Rites of Darkness

Kevin and I are going and I am beyond down to sleep on a floor, we should get a cheap room and split it 3 ways!

mastodon421
03-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Hanging around editing a paper right now. I don't have class today because of a "state holiday". Gotta love St.Patrick's Day in Massachusetts, everybody's hammered by 10 AM and pretty much everything that isn't a bar is shut down.

Derelict
03-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Hanging around editing a paper right now. I don't have class today because of a "state holiday". Gotta love St.Patrick's Day in Massachusetts, everybody's hammered by 10 AM and pretty much everything that isn't a bar is shut down.

Thats a state holiday up there? Amazing.

evildeadjedi
03-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Some very exciting college basketball so far today:

Butler wins on a buzzer beater.
Morehead jumps on Louisville and just when you think Louisville is going to win. Morehead drains a three with 3.5 seconds left! Louisville gets blocked on their final possession of the game. Fourth year in a row a 13 seed takes down a 4 seed.
Temple hit a desperation jumper with 0.4 left sending Penn State packing.

treghet
03-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Found a guy on eBay who is selling all his old metal CDs. Almost all of them are original presses. Lots of quality thrash, death, and more. Some of you might want to check this out (specifically Wizzbang ;)).

http://shop.ebay.com/billy_mays86/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

El Gordo
03-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Found a guy on eBay who is selling all his old metal CDs. Almost all of them are original presses. Lots of quality thrash, death, and more. Some of you might want to check this out (specifically Wizzbang ;)).

http://shop.ebay.com/billy_mays86/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Wow, I wish I had some extra cash laying around.

Derelict
03-18-2011, 09:25 AM
shaved my winter beard off today, went with a spring fumanchu - looks fucking horrendous

Natrlhi
03-18-2011, 10:33 AM

http://shop.ebay.com/billy_mays86/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686Thanks for posting. He has one that I want very badly. It's already up over $20, and there are still two days left on the auction. I'm watching it. I might put in a bid at some point. I can get it used in pretty good shape for about $30 elsewhere, but really nice copies can go for $70 to $80 or more. This guy looks like he's got good stuff.

evildeadjedi
03-18-2011, 12:59 PM
shaved my winter beard off today, went with a spring fumanchu - looks fucking horrendous

Does it look like this fellows?

http://leino-online.com/pics/fu-manchu-Pappa.jpg

Or this guy?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/369840646_703a6dc148.jpg

Although, I'm putting my money on this magnificent bastard!

http://funny.picturepie.com/images/ultimate_fumanchu_beard.jpg

BloodoftheKings
03-18-2011, 01:17 PM
My Dre Beats crapped out yesterday so I took them to best buy to replace them. Apparently the kind I had aren't sold anymore so I got these instead.
http://www.boseonsale.com/images/bose-ie2-headphones_09.jpg

treghet
03-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Thanks for posting. He has one that I want very badly. It's already up over $20, and there are still two days left on the auction. I'm watching it. I might put in a bid at some point. I can get it used in pretty good shape for about $30 elsewhere, but really nice copies can go for $70 to $80 or more. This guy looks like he's got good stuff.

Good luck to you, if you bid. A few of the CDs I was watching went for incredibly high prices: Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220754200410&si=zabUQB%252BVpPMSo0HznYAccpGRcDs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1123) & Invocator - Excursion Demise (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220754094825&si=zabUQB%252BVpPMSo0HznYAccpGRcDs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1123). :eek:

Wizzbang11
03-19-2011, 08:40 AM

I had no idea Razor CD's were that valuable!
Perhaps it's because I almost exclusively buy records and tapes, but I just can't understand paying more than $25 for a CD. I'm amazed those are going for such high prices, some fantastic albums, but for instance the Nuclear Assault CD that's going for $36 right now I got the LP version of last summer at a thrift store for $5. I have no idea if the vinyl had a huge pressing and the CD a very small one, that would probably explain it, but I'm just not used to CD's being the rare/more valuable of the two.
Great find!

And that Morbid Saint album fucking destroys, but not at a $150 price tag haha.

Nick_to_the_face
03-20-2011, 01:31 AM
My Dre Beats crapped out yesterday so I took them to best buy to replace them. Apparently the kind I had aren't sold anymore so I got these instead.

Did you really spend that much money on head phones?

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Did you really spend that much money on head phones?

It was a christmas gift. And I got the $99 ear buds not those giant $300 ones.

treghet
03-20-2011, 12:58 PM

Those things are $300??? I've seen a ton of people with them in the past couple months, and I had no idea they were that expensive. Headphones shouldn't cost double the amount of the mp3 player you're plugging them into. :eyes:

evildeadjedi
03-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Those things are $300??? I've seen a ton of people with them in the past couple months, and I had no idea they were that expensive. Headphones shouldn't cost double the amount of the mp3 player you're plugging them into. :eyes:

This brings up another thought: Your sound system or rims shouldn't cost more than your car.

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2011, 05:39 PM

I have no idea how all those people were able to afford them. You think it would be just rich kids but pretty much all of the ghetto kids have them which makes no sense.

makethemsuffer12
03-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I have no idea how all those people were able to afford them. You think it would be just rich kids but pretty much all of the ghetto kids have them which makes no sense.

They could have stole them.

Either that or they're rich kids that try to act ghetto (not uncommon on this island).

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2011, 06:18 PM
They could have stole them.

Im thinking it's half this and the other half bought it with drug deal money.

DethMaiden
03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Well, those are some pretty big and racially uncomfortable assumptions you're making up there, fellas.

BloodoftheKings
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Well, those are some pretty big and racially uncomfortable assumptions you're making up there, fellas.

At what point did either of us say a specific race. I just said ghetto kids, white people can be just as ghetto as any black or spanish kid.

Maiden33
03-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh god, can we please just skip the next 2-3 pages of bullshit?

JRA
03-20-2011, 07:51 PM
So Brad, tell us about that vacation in Tampa

mankvill
03-20-2011, 08:08 PM
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCK
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAALK
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY
HAWWWWWWWWWWK

KAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ChildrenofSodom
03-20-2011, 08:11 PM
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCK
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAALK
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY
HAWWWWWWWWWWK

KAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

O-H!

mankvill
03-20-2011, 08:22 PM
O-H!

You ho.

Nick_to_the_face
03-20-2011, 11:25 PM

Ah a gift... But still. JESUS WHO WOULD SPEND THAT MUCH ON EARPHONES.

TonyD
03-20-2011, 11:29 PM
At what point did either of us say a specific race. I just said ghetto kids, white people can be just as ghetto as any black or spanish kid.

FLIPPED THAT SHIT AROUND

Natrlhi
03-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Good luck to you, if you bid. A few of the CDs I was watching went for incredibly high prices: Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220754200410&si=zabUQB%252BVpPMSo0HznYAccpGRcDs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1123) & Invocator - Excursion Demise (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220754094825&si=zabUQB%252BVpPMSo0HznYAccpGRcDs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1123). :eek:Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't bid. The final price was too close to what I could buy it for from other, more reputable sources.

I'm watching another auction for the same CD, though, so we'll see... :snivel:

This brings up another thought: Your sound system or rims shouldn't cost more than your car.Rims, yes. Sound system, no. I once had an old used Delta 88 - that's a big old fucking boat, for those who don't know - which was worth about a grand at the time, and I had put a system in it that was worth easily a grand, maybe more. Then it got stolen. :mad:

...but I fucking loved it when I had it. The subwoofers (four Cerwin Vegas hard-mounted behind the back seat, I think - don't remember the size) would give you a back massage when you were sitting in the back seat. It was fucking awesome. :D :rocker: :D

That was right around the time I bought Tool's "Undertow", among other awesome albums. Good times. :bliss:

Nick_to_the_face
03-21-2011, 07:22 AM
So according to Wikipedia, Heaven Shall Burn is metalcore..not agreeing with this

brutal_descent
03-21-2011, 08:22 AM
So according to Wikipedia, Heaven Shall Burn is metalcore..not agreeing with this

I think they're (really fucking awesome) deathcore. :cool:

Metalcore it is not.

Nick_to_the_face
03-21-2011, 08:32 AM
I think they're (really fucking awesome) deathcore. :cool:

Metalcore it is not.

What ever the fuck they, they are badass

brutal_descent
03-21-2011, 08:40 AM
What ever the fuck they, they are badass

'Endzeit' has to be one of the most fucking awesome core, if not metal, songs I have ever heard. I look forward to seeing them this year at Graspop :hecho:

Nick_to_the_face
03-21-2011, 08:44 AM
'Endzeit' has to be one of the most fucking awesome core, if not metal, songs I have ever heard. I look forward to seeing them this year at Graspop :hecho:

Bastard..pretty sure they haven't been to the US..ever

brutal_descent
03-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Bastard..pretty sure they haven't been to the US..ever

One US tour - in 2008.

Nick_to_the_face
03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
One US tour - in 2008.

Dammit...either way they probably didn't come to KC :bouville:

brutal_descent
03-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Dammit...either way they probably didn't come to KC :bouville:

04/11 Sacramento CA
04/13 Seattle WA
04/16 Minneapolis MN
04/17 Mokena IL
04/18 Cleveland OH
04/19 Toronto ON
04/20 Detroit MI
04/21 Louisville KY
04/23 Charlotte NC
04/24 Washington DC
04/25 Pompton Lakes NJ
04/26 Worchester MA

Natrlhi
03-21-2011, 11:58 AM
What no story about rims? :confused:
No, because like you said, that would be stupid.

BloodoftheKings
03-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Ah a gift... But still. JESUS WHO WOULD SPEND THAT MUCH ON EARPHONES.

People who want to get the most out of thier music.

evildeadjedi
03-21-2011, 12:22 PM
No, because like you said, that would be stupid.

Brainfart I should have had a second cup of coffee today :wallbang:

Nick_to_the_face
03-21-2011, 12:29 PM
People who want to get the most out of thier music.

Or people wit lots 'O money who have nothing better to spend it on

i can think of literally 50+ other things that would be better than spending 100 bucks on head phones

BloodoftheKings
03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Or people wit lots 'O money who have nothing better to spend it on

i can think of literally 50+ other things that would be better than spending 100 bucks on head phones

If you had high quality headphones for one week you wouldn't want to go back to standard i-pod headphones, just saying.

TonyD
03-21-2011, 12:36 PM
True, that's why I don't use high quality headphones :lol:
I haven't bought new ones in a while but right now I'm in the $20-30 range, I think once these crap out I'll get some better ones.

Nick_to_the_face
03-21-2011, 12:45 PM
If you had high quality headphones for one week you wouldn't want to go back to standard i-pod headphones, just saying.

I wouldn't want to..but I would :tongue:

Crionics
03-21-2011, 02:08 PM
National Honors Society Induction today, yay!

elturtleboy
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
i just graduated high skool :egrin:

rjturtle9
03-21-2011, 03:20 PM
i just graduated high skool :egrin:

Congrats man!

treghet
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM

I had $100 Bose ones for a long time and then bought some $20 Skullcandy ones. Needless to say, the Bose ones were better, but not by much. It really wasn't worth the extra $80.

BloodoftheKings
03-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I had $100 Bose ones for a long time and then bought some $20 Skullcandy ones. Needless to say, the Bose ones were better, but not by much. It really wasn't worth the extra $80.

Skullcandy is garbage. They aren't built to last, they break very easily and crap out in less then 2 months 90% of the time.

elturtleboy
03-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Congrats man!

:hug:

treghet
03-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Skullcandy is garbage. They aren't built to last, they break very easily and crap out in less then 2 months 90% of the time.

I've had mine since November and they're fine. The Bose ones only lasted me 6 months every time I bought them.

Maiden33
03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
In all honesty, the ear buds that came with my Zune are by far my favorite earbuds I've ever used. I dislike them in general though, and never use them at home.

BloodoftheKings
03-21-2011, 06:10 PM
I've had mine since November and they're fine. The Bose ones only lasted me 6 months every time I bought them.

strange

RAZOR
03-21-2011, 06:12 PM
I still use the iPod earbuds that came with my iPod Mini almost six years ago. :lol:

makethemsuffer12
03-21-2011, 06:14 PM
I've been using Skullcandy Dubs. Cheap as hell (like 10 bucks), but they work and sound decent.

mankvill
03-21-2011, 06:36 PM
wtf? Here's the track listing for Green Day's new live album:

1. "21st Century Breakdown"
2. "Know Your Enemy"
3. "East Jesus Nowhere"
4. "Holiday"
5. "°Viva la Gloria!"
6. "Cigarettes and Valentines"
7. "Burnout"
8. "Going to Pasalacqua"
9. "J.A.R."
10. "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?"
11. "Geek Stink Breath"
12. "When I Come Around"
13. "She"
14. "21 Guns"
15. "American Idiot"
16. "Wake Me Up When September Ends"
17. "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"

WTF? They put a whole lot of good fucking songs in that set. If the other, shitty songs didn't completely ruin everything they're associated with for me, I'd probably buy this.

Maybe they're foreshadowing their return to fun pop/punk.

DethMaiden
03-21-2011, 06:39 PM

2. "Know Your Enemy"
3. "East Jesus Nowhere"
4. "Holiday"
5. "°Viva la Gloria!"
7. "Burnout"
8. "Going to Pasalacqua"
9. "J.A.R."
11. "Geek Stink Breath"
12. "When I Come Around"
13. "She"
14. "21 Guns"
15. "American Idiot"

WTF? They put a whole lot of good fucking songs in that set. If the other, shitty songs didn't completely ruin everything they're associated with for me, I'd probably buy this.

Forgot to bold the American Idiot songs and Good Riddance. Yes, 21st Century Breakdown sucked. No, those other songs do not. :nutkick:

BloodoftheKings
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
I actually kinda like old Green Day. American Idiot and 21st Centruy Breakdown are god awful though.

mankvill
03-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Forgot to bold the American Idiot songs and Good Riddance. Yes, 21st Century Breakdown sucked. No, those other songs do not. :nutkick:

Everything after Inernational Superhits with the sole exception of Cigarettes and Valentines is painfully, painfully bad.

mankvill
03-21-2011, 06:42 PM
I actually kinda like old Green Day. American Idiot and 21st Centruy Breakdown are god awful though.

International Superhits is such a good compilation!

Indestructible
03-21-2011, 06:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with Green Day old or new. I do not get why people hate American Idiot so much it is their best album.
IMO the setlist for that live album could be a little better. IT could have more songs on it too don't do 30 songs a night?

BloodoftheKings
03-21-2011, 06:47 PM
There is nothing wrong with Green Day old or new. I do not get why people hate American Idiot so much it is their best album.
IMO the setlist for that live album could be a little better. IT could have more songs on it too don't do 30 songs a night?

Should have seen this coming.

Indestructible
03-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Green Day ruins their songs live.

mankvill
03-21-2011, 07:05 PM
American Idiot is their second worst album and 21st Century Breakdown is their worst album and they should only play music live that was from before American Idiot and those two albums are really bad and they are not good and fluoride

Indestructible
03-21-2011, 07:20 PM
1. American Idiot
2. Dookie
3. 21st Century Breakdown
4. 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
5. Insomniac
6. Kerplunk
7. Nimrod
8. Shenanigans
9. Warning
:D:D:D

mankvill
03-21-2011, 07:21 PM
No sorry you are wrong because you just like bad music and 21st Century Breakdown and American Idiot are the bottom two because they are bad and not good and just are bad.

Indestructible
03-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Looks like Mankvill has been drinking too much fluoride.

mankvill
03-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Oh, i'm sorry, I forgot this is metalsetlists.com and it's illegal to have a differing opinion.

BloodoftheKings
03-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh, i'm sorry, I forgot this is metalsetlists.com and it's illegal to have a differing opinion.

Wizzbang11
03-21-2011, 07:32 PM

When I saw them 6 years ago they played Longview, All By Myself, Hitchin' a Ride, Brain Stew, Jaded, 2000 Light Years Away, Basket Case, She, King for a Day, Minority and Maria. If they were foreshadowing something...I missed it.

mankvill
03-21-2011, 07:35 PM
When I saw them 6 years ago they played Longview, All By Myself, Hitchin' a Ride, Brain Stew, Jaded, 2000 Light Years Away, Basket Case, She, King for a Day, Minority and Maria. If they were foreshadowing something...I missed it.

;___;

larvtard
03-21-2011, 08:12 PM
didn't get into my top choice school :(

idrinkwine732
03-21-2011, 08:16 PM
didn't get into my top choice school :(

Me either, it sucks. However, it's a rare occasion for someone to go to college and not be happy with where they end up.

Like Douglas Adams used to say. "I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be."

Or you could be like me and appeal the decision. I WANT TO BE A FUCKING LONGHORN DAMNIT.

larvtard
03-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Me either, it sucks. However, it's a rare occasion for someone to go to college and not be happy with where they end up.

Like Douglas Adams used to say. "I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be."

Or you could be like me and appeal the decision. I WANT TO BE A FUCKING LONGHORN DAMNIT.

Hmmm, didn't know you could appeal a decision. If they accept your appeal are you expected to attend?
Honestly, I'm sort of having a breakdown right now. My other top choice is UVM, where I'm in already. It's 24 grand a year plus room and board. I'm also in UGA with free tuition. Sure, I'd rather go to UVM, but I'm not a chump. Besides, how am I gonna pay for grad school? (I'm getting a liberal arts degree so grad school is pretty much mandatory for me...)

idrinkwine732
03-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Hmmm, didn't know you could appeal a decision. If they accept your appeal are you expected to attend?
Honestly, I'm sort of having a breakdown right now. My other top choice is UVM, where I'm in already. It's 24 grand a year plus room and board. I'm also in UGA with free tuition. Sure, I'd rather go to UVM, but I'm not a chump. Besides, how am I gonna pay for grad school? (I'm getting a liberal arts degree so grad school is pretty much mandatory for me...)

Depends on the place, but it's a growing trend. I'd check with the admissions department to see if they handle appeals.

The truth is it should only be done if you plan on attending the school if you get in, otherwise you'd just appeal every decision. The way my counselor explained it to me is that they'll examine their amount of open spaces and then set a number of appeals they can overturn. They'll read them all, but only the more enticing and more likely to attend will get overruled. I plan on sending an appeal to UT in mid-April, with an appeal letter that includes me saying if I get in, I'll go. My grades were awesome this last trimester, so I hope that's enough to prove I'm not a deadbeat.

larvtard
03-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Depends on the place, but it's a growing trend. I'd check with the admissions department to see if they handle appeals.

The truth is it should only be done if you plan on attending the school if you get in, otherwise you'd just appeal every decision. The way my counselor explained it to me is that they'll examine their amount of open spaces and then set a number of appeals they can overturn. They'll read them all, but only the more enticing and more likely to attend will get overruled. I plan on sending an appeal to UT in mid-April, with an appeal letter that includes me saying if I get in, I'll go. My grades were awesome this last trimester, so I hope that's enough to prove I'm not a deadbeat.

Yeah that makes sense, you don't want to waste their time or anything. I'm not a fan of binding decisions anyway.

Indestructible
03-21-2011, 08:35 PM

It's not your opinion it's that right now my grammar is better than yours.

Wizzbang11
03-21-2011, 08:58 PM

You just don't get things, do you?

idrinkwine732
03-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Don't ever leave.

powerslave_85
03-21-2011, 09:32 PM

2. "Know Your Enemy"
3. "East Jesus Nowhere"
4. "Holiday"
5. "°Viva la Gloria!"
7. "Burnout"
8. "Going to Pasalacqua"
9. "J.A.R."
11. "Geek Stink Breath"
12. "When I Come Around"
13. "She"
14. "21 Guns"
15. "American Idiot"

I still bought it, despite hating 21st Century Breakdown. But it doesn't matter, because it has my three favorite songs on it (J.A.R., She, Geek Stink Breath).

Also, it always pissed me off that they left out Jaded on the Bullet In a Bible DVD. It's always supposed to go with Brain Stew!

Also also, I don't hate American Idiot. It has a ton of filler, but I honestly think Jesus of Suburbia and Letterbomb are among the best songs they've ever done.

Natrlhi
03-22-2011, 08:34 AM
It's not your opinion it's that right now my grammar is better than yours.Your grammar is never better than anybody's. Ever.

mastodon421
03-22-2011, 09:10 AM
21st Century Breakdown is easily the worst Green Day album to date. I didn't like American Idiot either, but it's fucking brilliant compared to 21st Century Breakdown. 21st Century Breakdown is a wannabe artsy piece of shit that is Green Day trying to make their sound accessible to 12 year old girls.

BloodoftheKings
03-22-2011, 09:55 AM
I just noticed I have over 1000 post :rocker:

Derelict
03-22-2011, 10:01 AM
I just noticed I have over 1000 post :rocker:

and an awesome avatar

rjturtle9
03-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Your grammar is never better than anybody's. Ever.

God damn that was good.

BloodoftheKings
03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
My friend just showed me this new white rapper named Mac Miller and he's gotta be one of the worst i've ever heard. He makes Fred Durst look like KRS One.

daimonos
03-22-2011, 07:45 PM
My friend just showed me this new white rapper named Mac Miller and he's gotta be one of the worst i've ever heard. He makes Fred Durst look like KRS One.

Yup. But everyone where I live absolutely worships him just because he's from Pittsburgh. Same thing with Wiz Khalifa.

BloodoftheKings
03-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Yup. But everyone where I live absolutely worships him just because he's from Pittsburgh. Same thing with Wiz Khalifa.

Dont get me started on Wiz Khalifa. It's bad enough over here I cant even imagine how it is in Pittsburgh.

mankvill
03-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Wiz Khalifa

FUCK Rollin' Papers
I'm a rebel, bitch
I'm ashin' blunts

daimonos
03-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Dont get me started on Wiz Khalifa. It's bad enough over here I cant even imagine how it is in Pittsburgh.

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I've never heard so many people get so excited over somebody with so little talent. If he was a good rapper I would understand.

Also, what probably makes me more mad than anything is the fact that you can't walk down the hall in my high school without seeing somebody flash the 'devil horns' and say "Taylor Gang". Because the horns no longer have anything to do with metal music, supposedly, and there's a whole generation of kids who associate it with Wiz Khalifa's 'gang sign'.

FUCK Rollin' Papers
I'm a rebel, bitch
I'm ashin' blunts

:(

RAZOR
03-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I've never heard so many people get so excited over somebody with so little talent. If he was a good rapper I would understand.

Also, what probably makes me more mad than anything is the fact that you can't walk down the hall in my high school without seeing somebody flash the 'devil horns' and say "Taylor Gang". Because the horns no longer have anything to do with metal music, supposedly, and there's a whole generation of kids who associate it with Wiz Khalifa's 'gang sign'.

:(

When I was still in school, this group of like 15 or so girls got shirts airbrushed to say "Mrs. Kalifa" on the back.

...thank the lord I graduated before "Black and Yellow" came out.

DethMaiden
03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Wiz Khalifa is playing Little Five this year, along with Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Travis Barker (he drums behind rap now), some more rappers, some dubstep and some electronic.

Thankfully Coffinworm will be gracing The Bishop with some unholy black sludge that weekend as well.

Fires Of Sedition
03-23-2011, 12:02 AM
My first show of the year was a rave...:eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ3OaPEivFg

mastodon421
03-23-2011, 05:09 AM
I can't stand Wiz Khalifa either. What confuses the hell out of me thought is quite a few of my friends who are metalheads love Wiz Khalifa. It really doesn't make any sense. I enjoy some rap, but Wiz Khalifa is just fucking awful.

Natrlhi
03-23-2011, 06:06 AM

God damn that was good....because it's true. :cool:

Nick_to_the_face
03-23-2011, 07:16 AM
I can't stand Wiz Khalifa either. What confuses the hell out of me thought is a quite of my friends who are metalheads love Wiz Khalifa. It really doesn't make any sense. I enjoy some rap, but Wiz Khalifa is just fucking awful.

This makes no sense to me..I shitload of friends into rap and they don't even like him...god i can't stand him..plus i have to hear him all the damn time because of my girl friend's brother loves him..

IrritatedTrout
03-23-2011, 08:30 AM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Horrible shit.

Fires Of Sedition
03-23-2011, 08:37 AM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Horrible shit.

This Wiz guy is the fucker that wrote that song? That song is annoying as fuck. I know people who mainly only listen to rap who hate that song.

Nick_to_the_face
03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
On the topic of shitty things and shitty music....
As some know, I might be seeing ADTR for the sake of my girl friend..
well for some damn reason, the fucking thing is sold out but i Still want to find tickets anyway cause she really wants to go, so i look on craigslist.

and people are selling them for 140$

WHAT THE FUCK

BloodoftheKings
03-23-2011, 11:49 AM
I can't stand Wiz Khalifa either. What confuses the hell out of me thought is quite a few of my friends who are metalheads love Wiz Khalifa. It really doesn't make any sense. I enjoy some rap, but Wiz Khalifa is just fucking awful.

Im guessing they're stoners. Alot of stoners will like certain things (movies,artist,etc.) just because it's marijuana related.

mastodon421
03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Im guessing they're stoners. Alot of stoners will like certain things (movies,artist,etc.) just because it's marijuana related.

A couple of them are, but they aren't the kind of people that like an artist or a movie just because they are about weed. Plenty of people I went to high school with were like that and loved shit like Kottonmouth Kings just because they rapped about weed.

BloodoftheKings
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
A couple of them are, but they aren't the kind of people that like an artist or a movie just because they are about weed. Plenty of people I went to high school with were like that and loved shit like Kottonmouth Kings just because they rapped about weed.

I really dont get people like that. I was watching Pineapple Express with a friend who is a stoner once and he would laugh at the site of the characters smoking weed. How exactly is that funny?

mastodon421
03-23-2011, 01:00 PM
I really dont get people like that. I was watching Pineapple Express with a friend who is a stoner once and he would laugh at the site of the characters smoking weed. How exactly is that funny?

That's something that has always confused me as well. I really don't get certain stoners, thankfully my friends that smoke weed aren't like that.

larvtard
03-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Thinking about going to Bonnaroo this summer as a volunteer. I have to stay after the fest two days to help clean up, but I go for free. And my cousin's going, so I can hang out with her.

Now why can't they have a volunteer program for MDF :bouville: (Probably because it's all indoor, thus not as much to clean? I don't know, never attended.)

Dextrimental
03-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Thinking about going to Bonnaroo this summer as a volunteer. I have to stay after the fest two days to help clean up, but I go for free. And my cousin's going, so I can hang out with her.

Now why can't they have a volunteer program for MDF :bouville: (Probably because it's all indoor, thus not as much to clean? I don't know, never attended.)

Its simply because its smaller, MDF probably have enough staff that can be called to sort out the venue already, Bonnaroo needs more than the staff they normally have to to clean it all up, and the volunteer program is an easy way to get those people without paying them.

powerslave_85
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh god, I can't imagine some of the things you would come across while cleaning up a huge outdoor music festival...

Dextrimental
03-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Oh god, I can't imagine some of the things you would come across while cleaning up a huge outdoor music festival...

A few friends of mine have done it over the ears for various Irish festivals, they say its actually disgusting, puke, shit, piss, condoms, tampons, blood... you name it they have to clean it up. And the amount of passed out bodies they find as well is ridiculous..

larvtard
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
And the amount of passed out bodies they find as well is ridiculous..

Natrlhi
03-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Oh god, I can't imagine some of the things you would come across while cleaning up a huge outdoor music festival...Especially one where people camp out for several days on the festival grounds. You couldn't pay me enough to do that fucking job - free entry into the festival or no. FUCK THAT. :barf:

Now why can't they have a volunteer program for MDF :bouville: (Probably because it's all indoor, thus not as much to clean? I don't know, never attended.)MDF is not all indoors. It is half indoors and half outdoors, and the street outside the Sonar gets pretty fucked up after three or four days of metalheads abusing every which way but loose. I wouldn't volunteer for that shit either, and I've been to MDF and know how awesome it is. I'll just buy my ticket, thanks. :eyes: