PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

mankvill
02-01-2011, 10:31 AM
He'd play some of his old extreme stuff like Dopesmoker, Summoning (forget which album), Cryptopsy, and Ulver (black metal records) and we couldn't believe that we used to like the stuff.

Disregard my last post, it seems that you just found out you were gay.

Can't help you with that, bud! Take care in your new and exciting lifestyle! :)

;)

DethMaiden
02-01-2011, 10:37 AM
So I'm bored and I figured I'd ask and see if anyone else feels / has felt this way before. Within the past year I've found myself increasingly less interested in metal. Not music, and definitely not 70s / 80s hard rock, as I'm more interested in a lot of that type stuff now than I ever have been. So much metal just seems so uninteresting to me nowadays. My best friend (who shares very similar tastes) is going through pretty much the same thing as well. Last time we hung out we were just chilling and listening to different bands in each others music libraries and we thought some of the albums we used to like were downright funny. He'd play some of his old extreme stuff like Dopesmoker, Summoning (forget which album), Cryptopsy, and Ulver (black metal records) and we couldn't believe that we used to like the stuff. Hell, Nattrens Madrigal or whatever by Ulver made us bust out laughing. In return I played him a bunch of my power metal like Demons & Wizards, Hammerfall, and Savage Circus and some other stuff like Korpiklaani and Suidakra. I know tastes changing is something that happens all the time but I can't even take half of my old stuff seriously anymore. In fact I've probably deleted at least half of the metal (excluding heavy metal) on my computer within the past year or so.

So I guess what I'm asking is have any of you all ever fallen out with metal? It seems I can't even get into the bands I respect anymore such as Sodom, Enslaved, Morbid Angel, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, and so on.:hecho:

I hear this a lot, but I have no idea what it's like. I don't envy you, but hey, do what feels right. I feel the same way now when I hear "The Number of the Beast" or "Blinded By Fear" or "Nightfall" that I did when I was 12. I don't see myself ever bailing on metal.

I go through periods wanting for something deep and meaningful that isn't metal from time to time. Hell, I was (and still am to a lesser degree) obsessed with Radiohead for about 3 months last year. I am definitely broadening my tastes when it comes to metal and music in general. I can definitely get into the more eclectic versions of metal, but that also whets my appetite for the boneheaded metal that I've always loved. So it's a win-win. :D

Right. I go on trips of other stuff but I don't bail on anything that I've liked. I'll take time off from it and come back to it craving it even more. I'd say my tastes expand, but they never really change.

mastodon421
02-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I like metal the same amount, but I have been branching out and trying different styles of music/ artists from genre I do like that I hadn't gotten into in the past. I'm digging some of the stuff I am hearing and others I can't stand. On the metal front, I tried out black metal again in the past few months and I am starting to get into it. I really dig Emperor, Watain,Gorgoroth and (old) Dimmu Borgir now. So no I can't say I have gone through a phase were I faded out of metal and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

IrritatedTrout
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Disregard my last post, it seems that you just found out you were gay.

Can't help you with that, bud! Take care in your new and exciting lifestyle! :)

;)

Well, that would explain why I still really like Judas Priest.

mankvill
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Right. I go on trips of other stuff but I don't bail on anything that I've liked. I'll take time off from it and come back to it craving it even more. I'd say my tastes expand, but they never really change.

Samesies.

Like Phobia says, "If You Used To Be Punk, You Never Were"

:shred:

DethMaiden
02-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I like metal the same amount, but I have been branching out and trying different styles of music/ artists from genre I do like that I hadn't gotten into in the past. I'm digging some of the stuff I am hearing and others I can't stand. On the metal front, I tried out black metal again in the past few months and I am starting to get into it. I really dig Emperor, Watain,Gorgoroth and (old) Dimmu Borgir now. So no I can't say I have gone through a phase were I faded out of metal and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

So I have to make that "So You're Interested in Black Metal..." thread that has been sporadically demanded on here soon, don't I? ;)

IrritatedTrout
02-01-2011, 11:05 AM
I hear this a lot, but I have no idea what it's like. I don't envy you, but hey, do what feels right. I feel the same way now when I hear "The Number of the Beast" or "Blinded By Fear" or "Nightfall" that I did when I was 12. I don't see myself ever bailing on metal.

Yeah, my feelings about certain bands like Maiden, Megadeth, Sabbath, Mastodon, Agalloch, etc haven't changed at all. In fact I've come to love some of the "classic" bands like Metallica and Dio much more than I did at the height of my interest in metal (which was probably around 08-09). I think a lot of the stuff I've turned my back on is stuff I "forced" (for lack of a better word) on myself for the sake of more musical diversity. My old theory on music was that more is better and therefore I'd be happier but nowadays I feel like a specific selection of favorites brings me a lot more satisfaction than listening to every band under the sun does. Maybe a lot of the metal that is now being thrown to the wayside is so because part of my enjoyment of them was only for diversity's sake.

tl;dr I don't think the average person over thinks their music to this degree.:lol:

mastodon421
02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
So I have to make that "So You're Interested in Black Metal..." thread that has been sporadically demanded on here soon, don't I? ;)

I think that might be in order;)

JRA
02-01-2011, 11:38 AM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/Justin-Beiber/ImageMacro/2870860/Bastard-sons-Begat-yr-cunting-daughters.jpg

ravenheart
02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Looking at the stack of CDs I've yet to listen to (most unopened) and wondering where the fuck to start.

And no, not at the top :p

larvtard
02-01-2011, 11:44 AM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/Justin-Beiber/ImageMacro/2870860/Bastard-sons-Begat-yr-cunting-daughters.jpg

:rocker:

ChildrenofSodom
02-01-2011, 12:31 PM
I just signed up for my Spring 2011 classes. To close out my second year, I'm taking:

Political Science 553H - International Political Economy
Economics 501.01 - Macroeconomic Theory
Spanish 104 - My last Spanish class ever!
Boxing 1 - Fundamentals of Boxing

Better watch out, I'm gonna be ready to kick ass in 4 or 5 months!

Wizzbang11
02-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Like Phobia says, "If You Used To Be Punk, You Never Were"

Easily my favorite Phobia song title, and I havent even given the new EP a decent listen. Truer words have never been spoken.

Crionics
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Holy shit I made a "B" in AP US History for the first semester! :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I just signed up for my Spring 2011 classes. To close out my second year, I'm taking:

Political Science 553H - International Political Economy

I'm in that right now too.

Travis The Dragon
02-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Metallica doing Disposable Heroes live for the first time EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoVavpbhBfM

ChildrenofSodom
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm in that right now too.

What do you think? I'm taking it because 1) its in my major, 2) I don't know a lot of about international politics, 3) the instructor is teaching the class I'm currently in, and I really like him.

IrritatedTrout
02-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I've only been in class for a week but it's alright so far. I'm only on theories right now but they seem a lot more complex than the ones I had in International Law which was also a 400 level class. I enjoy the material in the classroom because I have a very good professor but my textbook is awful so the out of class work isn't very interesting and or rewarding. I think I'll like it a lot more once we get out of pure theory and heuristic stuff though.

Bear in mind I'm not terribly interested in economics so that probably affects my perception of the class.

ChildrenofSodom
02-01-2011, 03:25 PM
I've only been in class for a week but it's alright so far. I'm only on theories right now but they seem a lot more complex than the ones I had in International Law which was also a 400 level class. I enjoy the material in the classroom because I have a very good professor but my textbook is awful so the out of class work isn't very interesting and or rewarding. I think I'll like it a lot more once we get out of pure theory and heuristic stuff though.

Bear in mind I'm not terribly interested in economics so that probably affects my perception of the class.

Ah. I'm an econ/polisci double major, so I think I can dig it. I'm taking the honors version, but my buddy took the non-honors version and really liked it. He left me have one of his text books, which was just a bunch of point-counterpoint essays. Seems like stuff you would hear about a lot in the news, but never really care enough to look up unless you were directly affected.

mankvill
02-01-2011, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=595nkT2XDD0

Check out my latest cover video! Constructive criticism only, plz! :)

El Gordo
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=595nkT2XDD0

Check out my latest cover video! Constructive criticism only, plz! :)

I couldn't possibly criticize something so perfect.

mankvill
02-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I couldn't possibly criticize something so perfect.

thx! i actually just mimed the guitar parts, what I really strived for was accurate choreography.

El Gordo
02-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Metallica doing Disposable Heroes live for the first time EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoVavpbhBfM

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

El Gordo
02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
thx! i actually just mimed the guitar parts, what I really strived for was accurate choreography.

Totally. Playing it for real would be completely gay.

rjturtle9
02-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Just got done cleaning vomit outta my car's backseat. Not very fun.

mankvill
02-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Just got done cleaning vomit outta my car's backseat. Not very fun.

My fucking roommate puked in my backseat my first semester of college when we lived in the dorms. He was so drunk he couldn't walk and people kept pushing him around. They pushed him down in my car and he vomitted. When we got back, we drug his drunk ass up to our room, and then a friend helped me clean out my car.

I used some Axe body wash to help scrub it out, and although it smelled really bad for like a week after, the Axe combined with the vomit and made my car smell like box wine. :confused:

Sepultura69
02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD MUST WATCH THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF_uyxAvYsM

:hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZSKen1Vgc&feature=related

:lol:

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Watch this video. If you're a heavily religouse don't watch because you might get offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMyjKQ725E
Just watch every video by youtube user Darkmatter2525

mankvill
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Watch this video. If you're a heavily religouse don't watch because you might get offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMyjKQ725E
Just watch every video by youtube user Darkmatter2525

so dark and offensive and edgy and cool, what a cool guy i bet he shops at hot topic and listens to slipknot :shred:

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
so dark and offensive and edgy and cool, what a cool guy i bet he shops at hot topic and listens to slipknot :shred:

Ive shopped at hot topic:eyes::eyes:, and I listen to Slipknot

IrritatedTrout
02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
We know.

DethMaiden
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZSKen1Vgc&feature=related

:lol: :lol:

JRA
02-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Trying to record a conversation of the two people next to me as part of an assigment for my intro to production class. Fuck my asshole professor for this. Doesn't this idiot realize that public places have obnoxious ambient noise?

BloodoftheKings
02-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Ive shopped at hot topic:eyes::eyes:

I went inside a hot topic recently to see if the store got any better/worse and wow that store gets lamer every time I go in their. It used to atleast try to be a metal store but I only saw 2 metal shirts in the whole store (and they were Iron Maiden and Metallica).

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
I went inside a hot topic recently to see if the store got any better/worse and wow that store gets lamer every time I go in their. It used to atleast try to be a metal store but I only saw 2 metal shirts in the whole store (and they were Iron Maiden and Metallica).

I heard Hot Topic was actually cool in the 90's, but it does suck now.

Div
02-02-2011, 04:45 PM
I heard Hot Topic was actually cool in the 90's, but it does suck now.

na, same shit as now, people just dont want to admit they wore jnco jeans and slipknot shirts

Sepultura69
02-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I remember one time, one of our friends was wearing this awesome Judas Priest shirt. It looked like some old ass vintage shirt that he go from a tour in the early 90's or something. Turns out it was a shirt that he got from hot topic back in 1999:cool:

It's a pretty awesome shirt though:eyes:

larvtard
02-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I recently saw this band Inter Arma from Richmond, VA play. The guitarist was wearing this absolutely sick Slayer longsleeve. Turned out he got it from Hot Topic. :eek:

If you're a heavily religouse don't watch because you might get offended.

Um, you're on a metal board.

evildeadjedi
02-02-2011, 05:59 PM

It seems the good shirts actually go on clearance which is the only time I go to Hot Topic. Last time I got Suffocation, Mastodon, Slayer, and Napalm Death ones for only five bucks each.

makethemsuffer12
02-02-2011, 06:01 PM

Really? I find that every now and then HT carries some good shirts (Suffocation, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Korpiklaani, Amon Amarth, etc.), but most of the time it's cringe worthy stuff.

BloodoftheKings
02-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Really? I find that every now and then HT carries some good shirts (Suffocation, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Korpiklaani, Amon Amarth, etc.

I didn't see anything like that. All I saw were those deathcore shirts that look like someone vomited on after eating a bunch of fruity pebbles.

Dextrimental
02-02-2011, 06:14 PM
EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD MUST WATCH THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF_uyxAvYsM

:hecho:

Theres something I never thought I would see posted here. That show is The Late Late Show, its on every Friday here on RTE 1, its our local biggest talk show. That presenter is Gay Byrne, he's been gone off it for years, it was never the same without him.

makethemsuffer12
02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I didn't see anything like that. All I saw were those deathcore shirts that look like someone vomited on after eating a bunch of fruity pebbles.

Well that usually dominates the band shirt section, but if you look good enough they have some good stuff.

evildeadjedi
02-02-2011, 06:31 PM

Check the clearance section, normally that is where the good stuff ends up. Good for people like me but, sad for the state of music today.

jd091
02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Ive this before I like some death metal now:eek::eek:
Spent all most six years hating on it, guess I can handle it now.

That sentence doesn't even make sense.

Indestructible
02-02-2011, 10:19 PM

Ill delete the post then. And you can delete the post you quoted me in, and all this is forgotten.

Sepultura69
02-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Ive this before I like some death metal now
Spent all most six years hating on it, guess I can handle it now.
Ill delete the post then. And you can delete the post you quoted me in, and all this is forgotten.

lolz

mastodon421
02-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Really? I find that every now and then HT carries some good shirts (Suffocation, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Korpiklaani, Amon Amarth, etc.), but most of the time it's cringe worthy stuff.

The Hot Topic in my area actually has a bunch of awesome shirts. Sure there is the lame Asking Alexandria/Bring Me The Horizon shit, but the last time I was there they had Cannibal Corpse,Behemoth,Septic Flesh,Suffocation,Lazarus A.D,Mastodon,The Faceless,Immortal and Napalm Death shirts.

Indestructible
02-03-2011, 08:46 AM
I found this funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6udST6lbE

ChildrenofSodom
02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
I just found my Xanga page from 2006......HOLY SHIT. I am so sorry for posting such bullshit on here, guys. I know I did it a lot, and reading what I wrote on Xanga, I feel so stupid :lol:. My about me: "Interests: First Off...I am dedicated to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ[praise him]......I am a Reaganaut...I agree with everything Ronald Reagan did before, during, and after presidency..RIP....I take a strong liking to music of the metal persuasion."

I spewed this filth on here for a few years, and I'm truly sorry. Good news: I weigh less now than I did back then. :party:

Wizzbang11
02-03-2011, 06:24 PM
I just found my Xanga page from 2006......HOLY SHIT. I am so sorry for posting such bullshit on here, guys. I know I did it a lot, and reading what I wrote on Xanga, I feel so stupid :lol:. My about me: "Interests: First Off...I am dedicated to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ[praise him]......I am a Reaganaut...I agree with everything Ronald Reagan did before, during, and after presidency..RIP....I take a strong liking to music of the metal persuasion."

I spewed this filth on here for a few years, and I'm truly sorry. Good news: I weigh less now than I did back then. :party:

:eek:

Indestructible
02-03-2011, 06:44 PM

Be glad you're not like that anymore

ChildrenofSodom
02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Sorry for spamming here, but I have to post this somewhere. It is so hilarious, sad, and wrong at the same time.

I made an A to Z of why I hated my generation. American Patriotism (lack of it), Brains (kids hate school), Counseling (people are weak for not dealing with their own problems), Danger (people are too afraid to join military),....Heaven (lament the lack of religiosity in youth today.)

But by far the worst:

I=ignorance----now...i am victim of this. Ignorance is wrong. Hating because of race is wrong....Jesus was an Arab.....and a jew..but not liking Gays is fine. I HATE GAYS...not some much the people, but their choice of being homos.IT IS SIN.....so go ahead,,,be ignorant, if that means voicing your personal disagreement about something..

I want to kill myself just thinking about what I used to believe. I read too many Michael Savage books. In other words, the Tea Party is made up of middle aged versions of 15 year old Camerons.

Indestructible
02-03-2011, 07:01 PM
the Tea Party is made up of middle aged versions of 15 year old Camerons.
nothing wrong with the tea party. I think politicans like Sarah Palin jump on the tea party to give it a bad name.

ChildrenofSodom
02-03-2011, 07:04 PM
nothing wrong with the tea party. I think politicans like Sarah Palin jump on the tea party to give it a bad name.

I ain't puttin' a fork in that cake....

Maiden33
02-03-2011, 07:05 PM
I ain't puttin' a fork in that cake....

That's what he said!

:eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
02-03-2011, 07:06 PM
That's what he said!

uh....:lol: I'm trying to visualize that....having some difficulty...I lack the necessary level of imagination...

Indestructible
02-03-2011, 07:07 PM
American Patriotism (lack of it), Brains (kids hate school), Counseling (people are weak for not dealing with their own problems), Danger (people are too afraid to join military)
I have thoughts on some of these

American Patriotism- There are people who have it and are trying to change things but there are also people who just don't care to see what is wrong to try and fix anything.

Brains(Kids hate School)- School is boring. Why do you think kids refuse to learn and go to school, why do you think they do bad. I really think kids try hard to pay attention, but are quick to zone out because way to many teachers bore them to death. Really there are alot of things schools tell us that are forgetful and not worth learning.

Maiden33
02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
uh....:lol: I'm trying to visualize that....having some difficulty...I lack the necessary level of imagination...

I'll give you one hint... The fork is a penis. I'm guessing I don't have to tell you what the cake is...

ChildrenofSodom
02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
I'll give you one hint... The fork is a penis. I'm guessing I don't have to tell you what the cake is...

Can't it just be a cake? :eyes: I love dessert.

Maiden33
02-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Can't it just be a cake? :eyes: I love dessert.

...I was going to make a joke similar to this in my last post. :lol:

treghet
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Images of Cameron in my mind that I don't need. :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
02-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Images of Cameron in my mind that I don't need. :eyes:

Oh yeah baby...

Anyway, I posted my spring schedule a few days ago. I just made some changes. In addition to my 15 credit hours of regular (hard) classes (Economics, Political Science, and Spanish) and Boxing I, I added Karate I and First Aid, which will get me Red Cross certified. :party:

19 credit hours. 3 real classes, 3 fake classes. It should be an interesting experience, to say the least. Not a lot of time in between each class, so I'll be hurrying across campus. The good thing is, when the weather gets nice, tons of chicks lay out in the sun in the middle of campus. We call it the Green Beach. No matter where you look, you'll be smiling.

Wizzbang11
02-04-2011, 08:09 AM
So every 4 years at my high school they do this anti-drunk driving shock campaign called "Every 15 minutes.." in which they fake a bloody car crash, have a huge assembly etc. Anyway, the art teacher asked me if I could draw something for this thing since I'm "always drawing ghouls, skeletons and gory stuff." I hate anti-drug stuff at school, but I'm of course against drunk driving, and they wanted a Grim Reaper so a few weeks ago I did this in the moning when I got asked and gave it to the teacher at the end of the period. Today, they call me up to the office and apparently it's getting printed on a bunch of T Shirts for the event.
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9175/dvdcoverevery15minutesc.jpg
It's not that great, and now I kinda wish I had spent more time on it, but I am extremely pleased that the school is going to be printing shirts of a badass Grim Reaper smoking a cigarette, wearing Hellhammer glasses, a bullet belt, a Genocide shirt and with a GISM patch on his leg. It's also significantly more violent than I think they wanted, but w/e

DethMaiden
02-04-2011, 08:22 AM
:lol: Fuck dude. Coolest anti-drunk driving image ever. :rocker:

Div
02-04-2011, 08:23 AM
So every 4 years at my high school they do this anti-drunk driving shock campaign called "Every 15 minutes.." in which they fake a bloody car crash, have a huge assembly etc. Anyway, the art teacher asked me if I could draw something for this thing since I'm "always drawing ghouls, skeletons and gory stuff." I hate anti-drug stuff at school, but I'm of course against drunk driving, and they wanted a Grim Reaper so a few weeks ago I did this in the moning when I got asked and gave it to the teacher at the end of the period. Today, they call me up to the office and apparently it's getting printed on a bunch of T Shirts for the event.
[IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9175/dvdcoverevery15minutesc.jpg[/IMG
It's not that great, and now I kinda wish I had spent more time on it, but I am extremely pleased that the school is going to be printing shirts of a badass Grim Reaper smoking a cigarette, wearing Hellhammer glasses, a bullet belt, a Genocide shirt and with a GISM patch on his leg. It's also significantly more violent than I think they wanted, but w/e

thats pretty cool, reminds me of that old school thrash style artwork, could easily see this as cover art for a small band. the only thing that really jumped out at me was the scythe looks a little small.

ChildrenofSodom
02-04-2011, 10:13 AM
the only thing that really jumped out at me was the scythe looks a little small.

I was about to say that :lol: Such a nerdy thing to point out.

makethemsuffer12
02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
I found this funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6udST6lbE

Welcome to 10 years ago.

jd091
02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Despite what anyone here might think of Born of Osiris, I think this new album art is just plain awesome. Much cooler than 95% of modern Sumeriancore/deathcore/metalcore albums!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tg6TKG1uz4w/TUlNLlr6FWI/AAAAAAAAAR4/DXGF0MSJS4o/s400/discoveryboo.jpg

:cool:

ChildrenofSodom
02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Despite what anyone here might think of Born of Osiris, I think this new album art is just plain awesome. Much cooler than 95% of modern Sumeriancore/deathcore/metalcore albums!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tg6TKG1uz4w/TUlNLlr6FWI/AAAAAAAAAR4/DXGF0MSJS4o/s400/discoveryboo.jpg

They're not awful. I'm seeing them with Darkest Hour, As Blood Runs Black, and The Human Abstract in March. Should be an interesting show. I'm excited to test out some karate moves on the crowd.

mankvill
02-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Just got back from my job interview. It went really good! If I get the job, I'm looking at a 6-figure salary :cool: u jelly?

jd091
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
They're not awful. I'm seeing them with Darkest Hour, As Blood Runs Black, and The Human Abstract in March. Should be an interesting show. I'm excited to test out some karate moves on the crowd.

When I saw them open for All That Remains, there were absolutely 0 karate kids. Just a massive mosh, topped off with a great wall of death. :bliss: Atticus Metal tour isn't coming by me, but it would be a great show to see!

ChildrenofSodom
02-04-2011, 01:07 PM
In Anthropology, we were watching a video about chimps. My professor made a comment about how stupid people are when they try to keep chimps as pets, mostly because of how strong they are. She said that if chimps wrapped their arms around you in a bear hug, it would break all of your ribs. She then said that our ancestor, the Neanderthal, could also do that.

Question: Is it wrong, and sadistic, to want the physical strength capable of crushing someone's ribs? :eyes:

Nick_to_the_face
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM

Wow wasn't sure if anyone on here liked Born of Osiris. I didn't like the newest one but i really liked the first one. I wanna see As Blood Runs black, halfway for nostalgic value for when i was 14 and used to listen to them. By the way is there a thread with the dates for that tour :eyes:

Fires Of Sedition
02-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Found an 80GB Zune on ebay for $155. Sound like a good deal?

Nick_to_the_face
02-04-2011, 01:45 PM

yes.
just make sure it works good :eyes:

Fires Of Sedition
02-04-2011, 01:53 PM
yes.
just make sure it works good :eyes:

I've bought the majority of my belongings from ebay, including my HDTV, with no problems so I'm never worried about buying from there.

DethMaiden
02-04-2011, 02:01 PM
In Anthropology, we were watching a video about chimps. My professor made a comment about how stupid people are when they try to keep chimps as pets, mostly because of how strong they are. She said that if chimps wrapped their arms around you in a bear hug, it would break all of your ribs. She then said that our ancestor, the Neanderthal, could also do that.

Question: Is it wrong, and sadistic, to want the physical strength capable of crushing someone's ribs? :eyes:

Watch the first third of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

mankvill
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM

Last 1/3 of that movie = the biggest fucking mindfuck I've ever had from watching a movie.

DethMaiden
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Last 1/3 of that movie = the biggest fucking mindfuck I've ever had from watching a movie.

:lol: Yeah, it's definitely up there. I watched it twice back to back because I figured I must have missed something.

treghet
02-04-2011, 02:33 PM

New song here: http://www.facebook.com/bornofosiris?v=app_178091127385

I think the keyboards completely killed it. But it wouldn't be anything special without them anyway. Veil of Maya blows these guys away.

BloodoftheKings
02-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Currently the highest bidder on this lot of cd's

ANTHRAX - The Greater Of Two Evils

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

Superjoint Ritual - A Lethal Dose Of American Hatred

D.R.I. - Full Speed Ahead

Sepultura - Chaos A.D.

Sepultura - Arise

Sepultura - Roots

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

Sepultura - Blood Rooted

Danzig - Danzig II Lucifuge

Soulfly - Prophecy

I better win this. I already own Chaos AD and Danzig 2 so I guess i'll be selling those if I win.

ChildrenofSodom
02-04-2011, 04:01 PM

Yet another movie I haven't seen.

Natrlhi
02-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Just got back from my job interview. It went really good! If I get the job, I'm looking at a 6-figure salary :cool: u jelly?Unless you're in law school or med school, somebody's lying to somebody up in this mother fucker.

ChildrenofSodom
02-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Unless you're in law school or med school, somebody's lying to somebody up in this mother fucker.

Maybe a lifetime sum of 6 figures.

mankvill
02-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Unless you're in law school or med school, somebody's lying to somebody up in this mother fucker.

six figures including the $ and the ,

Sepultura69
02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Currently the highest bidder on this lot of cd's

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

D.R.I. - Full Speed Ahead

Sepultura - Chaos A.D.

Sepultura - Arise

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

Sepultura - Blood Rooted

Danzig - Danzig II Lucifuge

:rocker::party:

daimonos
02-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Had somewhat of a mental breakdown earlier. Kind of lost as far as my life goes right now :(

Natrlhi
02-04-2011, 04:55 PM
It's a tricksy one, my precious is

larvtard
02-04-2011, 05:00 PM

Haha, I was slightly curious about that ;) :lol:

Anything over 75 dollars for that piece of shit, you'll be overpaying. In the past 4 years, I've owned at least 3 different Zunes. Every single one operated like shit. A bunch of people on this board have Zunes and will tell you they had a positive experience, which is fine, but I do find it kind of coincidental that I have had a negative experience with all three or four of my Zunes, to say the least.

I'd recommend it to my worst enemy, but I don't even know you.... :eyes:

Sepultura69
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Had somewhat of a mental breakdown earlier. Kind of lost as far as my life goes right now :(

Sorry to hear about that. Hope for the best, my brotha from another mothers Uterus:fist:

mankvill
02-04-2011, 05:39 PM

Anything over 75 dollars for that piece of shit, you'll be overpaying. In the past 4 years, I've owned at least 3 different Zunes. Every single one operated like shit. A bunch of people on this board have Zunes and will tell you they had a positive experience, which is fine, but I do find it kind of coincidental that I have had a negative experience with all three or four of my Zunes, to say the least.

Exact opposite of me. In the 3 years I've had my Zune, my roomie has gone through several iPod's (and iPhone's) and the only problem I've ever had with my Zune is the software, which is apparently fixed now.

mankvill
02-04-2011, 09:37 PM
God damn, I ventured over to the Mayhem Fest boards. It was so fucking unbearable.

Indestructible
02-04-2011, 09:50 PM
God damn, I ventured over to the Mayhem Fest boards. It was so fucking unbearable.

Everyone on the mayhem boards are worse than everyone here and on blabbermouth.

jd091
02-04-2011, 10:29 PM
New song here: http://www.facebook.com/bornofosiris?v=app_178091127385

I think the keyboards completely killed it. But it wouldn't be anything special without them anyway. Veil of Maya blows these guys away.

Totally agree, [id] was killer as well as catchy. Didn't care much for VoM's first album, but I'm pretty stoked to see them live. Only got 1 guitarist now... It will be interesting. BOO put on a great concert surprisingly, and no hardcore dancing was like icing on the cake :cool:

Fires Of Sedition
02-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Totally agree, [id] was killer as well as catchy. Didn't care much for VoM's first album, but I'm pretty stoked to see them live. Only got 1 guitarist now... It will be interesting. BOO put on a great concert surprisingly, and no hardcore dancing was like icing on the cake :cool:

Only one guitarist..? He better play the solos...

treghet
02-04-2011, 10:35 PM
He does play them. It's really cool to watch him loop stuff and play something else over it.

Fires Of Sedition
02-04-2011, 10:36 PM

Thanks for the warning, but I think I'll take my chances. It comes with a one year warranty so I don't have anything to worry about.

Fires Of Sedition
02-04-2011, 10:37 PM
He does play them. It's really cool to watch him loop stuff and play something else over it.

Ok good. Then I'm still excited for the show. :D

jd091
02-04-2011, 10:57 PM

SICK! Can't wait to see Veil of Maya! I'm getting there early so I'm on the rail, can observe his performance and not worry about the karate kids. Great band.

Maiden33
02-04-2011, 11:10 PM

With all due respect, ever think that maybe YOU are the problem, instead of the player?

jd091
02-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Seriously, the Mayhem boards are one of the biggest displays of asshattery and ignorance I've ever seen. Thank satan for this site; people here actually have brains in their goddamn heads.

http://www.rockstarmayhemfest.com/boards/f/8/t/1845133

mankvill
02-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Seriously, the Mayhem boards are one of the biggest displays of asshattery and ignorance I've ever seen. Thank satan for this site; people here actually have brains in their goddamn heads.

http://www.rockstarmayhemfest.com/boards/f/8/t/1845133

lol, that's the same thread that I saw

ChildrenofSodom
02-05-2011, 05:11 AM
SICK! Can't wait to see Veil of Maya! I'm getting there early so I'm on the rail, can observe his performance and not worry about the karate kids. Great band.

Oh my god, Veil of Maya 1) suck shit, and 2) draw the dumbest fans. I saw them open for BTBAM and thought "Oh, they're named for a Cynic song, that's promising." NOPE. And it was the first time I ever saw karate kids.

DethMaiden
02-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Oh my god, Veil of Maya 1) suck shit, and 2) draw the dumbest fans. I saw them open for BTBAM and thought "Oh, they're named for a Cynic song, that's promising." NOPE. And it was the first time I ever saw karate kids.

Seconded. Horrendous band. Just because your breakdowns are kind of in weird time signatures doesn't make your deathcore remotely progressive.

mastodon421
02-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I <3 Veil Of Maya:D

ChildrenofSodom
02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Seconded. Horrendous band. Just because your breakdowns are kind of in weird time signatures doesn't make your deathcore remotely progressive.

I wish they would unplug their instruments. Now that's progressive.

larvtard
02-05-2011, 09:02 AM
With all due respect, ever think that maybe YOU are the problem, instead of the player?

Go on...

I hate VoM but they're surprisingly really good live. They have all this electronic shit going on.

Sepultura69
02-05-2011, 05:12 PM
CREED Song Saves Norwegian Boy From Wolves

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net
/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152561

"CAN YOU TAKE MEEEEE HIIIIIIII-AWWWRH"

ChildrenofSodom
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
So, random bitching moment: I've got this friend, who I like hanging out with, but he has another friend that is a pretentious nerd asshole and I can't stand him. Therefore, the three of us hanging out is no longer fun. Fuck that guy.

Dextrimental
02-05-2011, 08:50 PM
So, random bitching moment: I've got this friend, who I like hanging out with, but he has another friend that is a pretentious nerd asshole and I can't stand him. Therefore, the three of us hanging out is no longer fun. Fuck that guy.

Only question I would ask is how much the friend would mean to you, is he just a friend from college, or have you guys been friends for a long time?

ChildrenofSodom
02-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Only question I would ask is how much the friend would mean to you, is he just a friend from college, or have you guys been friends for a long time?

Well, I'm socially shy and this is my only real friend that I hang out with. He's quite the opposite, and has a lot of friends, so its probably not a big deal for him. I've known him for a year and a half. I really just need to make more friends, but I've found that sitting in the company of other people tends to leave me nervous, bored, or annoyed.

Oh well. Life goes on.

Dextrimental
02-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Well, I'm socially shy and this is my only real friend that I hang out with. He's quite the opposite, and has a lot of friends, so its probably not a big deal for him. I've known him for a year and a half. I really just need to make more friends, but I've found that sitting in the company of other people tends to leave me nervous, bored, or annoyed.

Oh well. Life goes on.

Then dude, I would say don't ditch him. Least not until you make some more friends. I'm as shy and awkwad as they come, its just a matter of saying hello most of the time!

makethemsuffer12
02-06-2011, 05:13 AM
CREED Song Saves Norwegian Boy From Wolves

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net
/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152561

"CAN YOU TAKE MEEEEE HIIIIIIII-AWWWRH"

Old news. The original story was that it was a Megadeth song, but in actuality it was Creed. I remember getting a good little chuckle out of that.

larvtard
02-06-2011, 11:00 AM

I'm the same way, I prefer hanging out with just one person. But everyone tells me that that won't happen at college :(
Actually, one of my best friends that I met in freshman year used to be shy and sorta awkward like me but now he's gained so much confidence and now he's just an asshole.

jd091
02-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Has anyone here seen Kataklysm before? I'm a HUGE Decrepit Birth fan, as well as a pretty big All Shall Perish fan, and ironically the headliner, Kataklysm, is the band I've heard the least.

I plan on getting front and center rail for DB and ASP, then moving to the pit when Kataklysm comes on. If someone could confirm that their pits are good, I would feel nice and warm inside :)

Fires Of Sedition
02-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Has anyone here seen Kataklysm before? I'm a HUGE Decrepit Birth fan, as well as a pretty big All Shall Perish fan, and ironically the headliner, Kataklysm, is the band I've heard the least.

I plan on getting front and center rail for DB and ASP, then moving to the pit when Kataklysm comes on. If someone could confirm that their pits are good, I would feel nice and warm inside :)

I've seen them before, they are a lot of fun to headbang along with. Tulsa death metal shows have less than 50 people the majority of the time so the pits never get too intense, so I can't say if they're good or not.

ChildrenofSodom
02-07-2011, 04:16 AM

I saw them way back in 2006 on the Metal Crusaders Tour. They play death metal. :D

Sepultura69
02-07-2011, 10:33 AM

I saw them open up for Napalm Death back in 2009. They did get a nice circle pit goin' for most of their set, but I think the majority of the crowed was just waiting for Napalm Death.

Not a big fan of Kataklysm but from what I got too see, they sure did kick a boatload of ass:rocker:

Fires Of Sedition
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Is anyone on here good at Photoshop? I want a flyer made for a party this weekend.

mastodon421
02-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Is anyone on here good at Photoshop? I want a flyer made for a party this weekend.

I'm decent, but I don't have Photshop on my computer now.

BloodoftheKings
02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
I lost the auction for the lot with the sepultura cds but this si my new target.

1.Prong - Cleansing

2. Marilyn Manson - Remix & Repent

3. Cannibal Corpse - Vile

4. Kittie - Oracle

5. Crowbar - Time Heals Nothing

6. Ministry - Filth Pig

7. Solitude - ?

8. Kreator - Out Of The Dark Into The Light

9. Tad - Infrared Riding Head

10. Sepultura - Chaos AD

11. Carcass - Heartwork

Will get some good albums out of this if I win, others in this lot will make nice coasters.

evildeadjedi
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/56bn

I like sports but, this is funny. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/56bn

I like sports but, this is funny. :lol:

P90X!! That was hilarious, even though I do like a lot of those things....

ChildrenofSodom
02-09-2011, 06:13 AM
I jokingly suggested that student government play some metal at our annual reception for higher education funding. And the two people I was talking to delivered facepalm worthy responses:

"Yeah, like some screamo stuff haha."
"You listen to metal, Cameron? You would..."

Indestructible
02-09-2011, 08:18 AM
"You listen to metal, Cameron? You would..."

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/B_Oceander/Miscellaneous/facepalm_rev.png

jd091
02-09-2011, 10:47 AM

Whenever I show someone I met what I listen to, they always fucking call it screamo. SCREAMO.

KNOW YOUR FUCKING GENRES!

:flame:

evildeadjedi
02-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Whenever I show someone I met what I listen to, they always fucking call it screamo. SCREAMO.

KNOW YOUR FUCKING GENRES!

:flame:

Exactly, screamo is about bitching about being dumped, cutting yourself, wearing eyeliner and screaming like you have your nuts stuck in a vice. Death metal is about cookie monster or death growls, wearing mostly black t-shirts with band names in crazy fonts, killing, mutilation, dissection, death, genocide, etc.

Wizzbang11
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Exactly, screamo is about bitching about being dumped, cutting yourself, wearing eyeliner and screaming like you have your nuts stuck in a vice.

Not real screamo...

mankvill
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Exactly, screamo is about bitching about being dumped, cutting yourself, wearing eyeliner and screaming like you have your nuts stuck in a vice.

There are too many things wrong with this statement, but just so you know, that's not what screamo is.

Maiden33
02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
My band took new promo pics yesterday, and as usual, screwed around in the process.
For anyone familiar with the South Park episode "Christian Rock Hard", this should be pretty amusing:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/181793_1840593971675_1145330772_2251430_6721666_n. jpg

ChildrenofSodom
02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
There are too many things wrong with this statement, but just so you know, that's not what screamo is.

Ok, this may sound hypocritical of me, but yes - that is what screamo is. All the bands from 3-5 years ago that were doing the emo/fringe hair/tight jeans (basically scene kids now, except with no growls back then, just screams)...they called themselves screamo, they were called screamo on FUSE. If you guys have some concept of screamo from the 90s, the first wave of screamo or whatever you want to say, thats fine. But in this particular instance we're talking a very specific genre of music called "screamo". You know exactly what we're talking about, and you only feel the need to point out the difference because you presumably like old screamo and don't like the new shit being compared to it. INHALE. /rant.

rjturtle9
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
My band took new promo pics yesterday, and as usual, screwed around in the process.
For anyone familiar with the South Park episode "Christian Rock Hard", this should be pretty amusing:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/181793_1840593971675_1145330772_2251430_6721666_n. jpg

:lol: I love this!

mankvill
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Ok, this may sound hypocritical of me, but yes - that is what screamo is. All the bands from 3-5 years ago that were doing the emo/fringe hair/tight jeans (basically scene kids now, except with no growls back then, just screams)...they called themselves screamo, they were called screamo on FUSE. If you guys have some concept of screamo from the 90s, the first wave of screamo or whatever you want to say, thats fine. But in this particular instance we're talking a very specific genre of music called "screamo". You know exactly what we're talking about, and you only feel the need to point out the difference because you presumably like old screamo and don't like the new shit being compared to it. INHALE. /rant.

No. That's like my dad saying every genre of metal with screaming in it is "screamo". I know people always flip their shit because "omg labels/made up genres" but it's the truth. Post-hardcore with an emphasis on fashion and haircuts =/= screamo.

Do yourself a favor and listen to bands like Circle Takes The Square, Saetia and Orchid to find out what "screamo" is. Just because it's popular to call shit bands "screamo" doesn't mean they're screamo.

Wizzbang11
02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
No. That's like my dad saying every genre of metal with screaming in it is "screamo". I know people always flip their shit because "omg labels/made up genres" but it's the truth. Post-hardcore with an emphasis on fashion and haircuts =/= screamo.

Do yourself a favor and listen to bands like Circle Takes The Square, Saetia and Orchid to find out what "screamo" is. Just because it's popular to call shit bands "screamo" doesn't mean they're screamo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs9rnkEnQ74

And that picture is awesome. Easily the best SP episode, I've seen it way to many times and I still find it amusing.

Maiden33
02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
And that picture is awesome. Easily the best SP episode, I've seen it way to many times and I still find it amusing.

Yeah, it's definitely in my top 5 episodes.

powerslave_85
02-09-2011, 12:31 PM
But in this particular instance we're talking a very specific genre of music called "screamo". Yes, we are, but it's not what you or evildeadjedi are talking about. Screamo is stuff like Antioch Arrow, Saetia, Orchid, and Circle Takes the Square. It was an offshoot of emo and post-hardcore, and has nothing to do with the scenster Hot Topic stuff you're referring to.

EDIT: I swear I didn't steal that from Mank's post :eyes:

Jeff: "I'm going to kill you one day, Token."

Wizzbang11
02-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Right now is finishing off everything for the split 7" my band is doing with the Lima/Portland war metal act Nexwomb. Hopefully I'll be able to mail it off tonight and then it should be out soon. It's kinda useless to plug on this forum, but I'll probably end up doing it more when it comes out. It's gonna fucking rule. Here's the cover:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/754/frontcoverge.jpg

mankvill
02-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Right now is finishing off everything for the split 7" my band is doing with the Lima/Portland war metal act Nexwomb. Hopefully I'll be able to mail it off tonight and then it should be out soon. It's kinda useless to plug on this forum, but I'll probably end up doing it more when it comes out. It's gonna fucking rule. Here's the cover:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/754/frontcoverge.jpg

unf unf unf

IrritatedTrout
02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs9rnkEnQ74

:lol: Wow...

ChildrenofSodom
02-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Yes, we are, but it's not what you or evildeadjedi are talking about. Screamo is stuff like Antioch Arrow, Saetia, Orchid, and Circle Takes the Square. It was an offshoot of emo and post-hardcore, and has nothing to do with the scenster Hot Topic stuff you're referring to.

EDIT: I swear I didn't steal that from Mank's post :eyes:

Jeff: "I'm going to kill you one day, Token."

Fuck it. I'm not getting into these word games with you guys. I consider "screamo" to be the screamo according to the FUSE/Hot Topic standard. When I hear the word, I think of that particular genre. I'm happy in my ignorance of real "screamo."

The whole fucking point of my post was to point out that a lot of people think "metal"="screamo"(the Hot Topic standard.) I think everyone here can relate to people misinterpreting metal as untalented screaming.

mankvill
02-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm happy in my ignorance of real "screamo."

As long as you acknowledge your wrongness!

ChildrenofSodom
02-09-2011, 02:28 PM
As long as you acknowledge your wrongness!

Anal Nakthaval is the only advice I'll take from you, when it comes to music.

mankvill
02-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Anal Nakthaval is the only advice I'll take from you, when it comes to music.

:nonono:

El Gordo
02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Fuck it. I'm not getting into these word games with you guys. I consider "screamo" to be the screamo according to the FUSE/Hot Topic standard. When I hear the word, I think of that particular genre. I'm happy in my ignorance of real "screamo."

The whole fucking point of my post was to point out that a lot of people think "metal"="screamo"(the Hot Topic standard.) I think everyone here can relate to people misinterpreting metal as untalented screaming.

I know exactly what you're saying here. The other night my wife had one of her co-workers over for drinks (a young, pretty naive but very nice woman) and she wanted to hear my old band, which is strictly death-thrash. She referred to it as screamo. You know for a fact that she's not talking about Saetia or any of these 'tr00 screamo' bands that have just been mentioned in this thread and neither was your friend/classmate or whatever it was that started this whole thing.

ChildrenofSodom
02-09-2011, 03:56 PM
I know exactly what you're saying here. The other night my wife had one of her co-workers over for drinks (a young, pretty naive but very nice woman) and she wanted to hear my old band, which is strictly death-thrash. She referred to it as screamo. You know for a fact that she's not talking about Saetia or any of these 'tr00 screamo' bands that have just been mentioned in this thread and neither was your friend/classmate or whatever it was that started this whole thing.

Exactly. Its a misuse of the word, but the use of a word eventually imparts a new meaning, so.....

"My favorite screamo band was Hawthorne Heights." :D

treghet
02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
My favorite screamo band is probably Napalm Death. But their songs are too short.

BloodoftheKings
02-09-2011, 04:56 PM
My favorite screamo band is Metallica.

Div
02-09-2011, 05:14 PM
My favorite screamo band is definitely Blaze

IrritatedTrout
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM
My favorite screamo band is definitely Blaze

:blaze:

evildeadjedi
02-09-2011, 05:30 PM

Exactly, you were referring to as a general label that all "metal" gets lumped into by clueless people. Jd091 was pissed that people refer to everything he listens to as "screamo". I was giving a broad generalization of the two types.

My favorite screamo band of the moment is The Lord Weird Slough Feg.

makethemsuffer12
02-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Listening to goregrind/pornogrind songs on Youtube. This shit brings teh lulz.

mankvill
02-09-2011, 05:37 PM

Actual goregrind/pornogrind bands I enjoy:

Last Days Of Humanity
Rompeprop

makethemsuffer12
02-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Actual goregrind/pornogrind bands I enjoy:

Last Days Of Humanity
Rompeprop

Here is one that caught my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6enoKdLAPA&feature=related

jd091
02-09-2011, 05:42 PM

Gotta love some Flayed Whale Vagina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqluLhz3IY

BloodoftheKings
02-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Here is one that caught my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6enoKdLAPA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCe6z3m_LqQ

This bands vocals are just delightful

BloodoftheKings
02-09-2011, 05:46 PM

Did this starve himself and put the mic up to his stomach while it was growling?

makethemsuffer12
02-09-2011, 05:47 PM

:lol: That is the thing I've ever heard in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgvmZLV_RM8

These guys brought me the lulz back in the day. Go to 1:38 for the best part.

evildeadjedi
02-10-2011, 09:18 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/A-sign-mocking-Jared-Sullinger-will-soon-hang-at?urn=ncaab-319144

Many players would have ripped up the sign. Sully really is a class act all the way.

Crionics
02-10-2011, 12:20 PM
God damnit, I took the SAT a second time and got a worse score on every single subject :bouville:

SAT Score still stands as..
670 Math
570 Critical Reading
570 Writing
1810 Total

Meh, I really hope I can bring up those CR and Writing scores.

jd091
02-10-2011, 12:25 PM
God damnit, I took the SAT a second time and got a worse score on every single subject :bouville:

670 Math
570 Critical Reading
570 Writing
1810 Total

Only 20% of people do that. Feel unique!

mastodon421
02-10-2011, 01:26 PM

670 Math
570 Critical Reading
570 Writing
1810 Total

Dude, that's a great score. You scored points 500 higher than I did:eyes:

larvtard
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Dude, that's a great score. You scored points 500 higher than I did:eyes:

Dude, I got the same score as you!
On a 1600 pt scale ;)

daimonos
02-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I got an 1100 (reading and math) my first time, and I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever to take it again.

DethMaiden
02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Us Ohioans can't count past 36. I got a 32 on my ACT.

idrinkwine732
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
ACT > SAT

Crionics
02-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't exactly dislike my score, but i dislike the fact that my 2nd test was pretty much a waste. Still, atleast a 1900 total and 1300 M&R would be nice.

I actually might take the ACT, I took a few practice tests and it seemed much easier.

DethMaiden
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't exactly dislike my score, but i dislike the fact that my 2nd test was pretty much a waste. Still, atleast a 1900 total and 1300 M&R would be nice.

I actually might take the ACT, I took a few practice tests and it seemed much easier.

ACT is a goddamn joke dude. I didn't open one prep book or even learn the format before taking it and I got a 32, which is a free pass to any college in the Midwest pretty much. Take that fucking test.

Crionics
02-10-2011, 03:33 PM
ACT is a goddamn joke dude. I didn't open one prep book or even learn the format before taking it and I got a 32, which is a free pass to any college in the Midwest pretty much. Take that fucking test.

I felt that way as well. On the one practice test i've taken so far, I only got about 3 or so Reading questions wrong, which is a joke since I'm pretty bad at Critical Reading. Got perfect on the Math and only 2 wrong on the Science and English.

I think East Colleges prefer the SAT, but I believe a good ACT score wouldn't hurt.

ChildrenofSodom
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
When is Maria Sharapova gonna do porn already? She ain't getting any younger...

larvtard
02-10-2011, 04:48 PM
The reading section is much, much easier on the ACT. I got a 35 on the ACT reading but only a 640 on the SAT reading. The passages tend to be longer but the questions are much easier than the SAT.
As for math, it goes either way, but I found that the first half or so of the ACT math is easy as hell, and the second half is much harder than anything on the SAT. It just depends on what kind of math thinker you are, though, as I remember the ACT having more straightforward math questions rather than the SAT's tricky word problems. I got a 670 on the SAT math but only a 26 on the ACT math. Take that for what you will, I guess. My overall act score was 31; my overall sat score was 1310 + 750 on writing.

Oh yeah, and no penalty for guessing on the ACT :bliss:

idrinkwine732
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I got a 31 overall, which I was fine with, but my fucking writing got an 8. I was so embarrassed, it was a fucking great essay, I think I'm a damn good writer, and I got an 8.

The people who graded my essay better never meet me in a dark alley.

daimonos
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM
busting my ass trying to adjust my double bass drum pedal. I hate drum hardware

ChildrenofSodom
02-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh, to add to the test discussion: I got a 32. English was 33, Reading was 33, Math was 31 (the only section I studied for, because I suck/am lazy at math), and Science was 32. My writing score was 11 (out of 12). My SAT: Reading was 720, Math was 630, and writing was 750. Essay was 12, I think out of 12. My scores got me into George Washington University, but I went to Ohio State

I had a really bad mentality about math back in high school, and I regret it today. I guess I'm lazy and didn't take the time to really think through it. I like statistics and economics, but I think I would be much better at those two subjects if I was better at math. Oh well, you can't change the past. Moral of the story, kids: do your math homework. :D

makethemsuffer12
02-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I got a 1640 on my SATs.

daimonos
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
I got a 1640 on my SATs.

I got a 1630 and I'm perfectly happy with it.

IrritatedTrout
02-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I have absolutely 0 idea what I got on the SAT. Just glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.:cool:

larvtard
02-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh, to add to the test discussion: I got a 32. English was 33, Reading was 33, Math was 31 (the only section I studied for, because I suck/am lazy at math), and Science was 32. My writing score was 11 (out of 12). My SAT: Reading was 720, Math was 630, and writing was 750. Essay was 12, I think out of 12. My scores got me into George Washington University, but I went to Ohio State

Damn, those are really good scores. :fist:

Wine, I think I got the same writing score as you too.

jd091
02-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Watching the new Scale the Summit studio update for "The Collective"

http://www.guitarworld.com/sts_guitars

HOLY BALLS this sounds amazing. More melodic and heavy than any of their stuff yet. I've already got the record pre-ordered; even with new Faceless, Opeth and potential Lamb of God coming out this year, I still think this is gonna be my top CD of 2011.

treghet
02-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Watching the new Scale the Summit studio update for "The Collective"

http://www.guitarworld.com/sts_guitars

HOLY BALLS this sounds amazing. More melodic and heavy than any of their stuff yet. I've already got the record pre-ordered; even with new Faceless, Opeth and potential Lamb of God coming out this year, I still think this is gonna be my top CD of 2011.

Yeah, the song MetalSucks released was great. I can't wait to hear the rest. :D

ChildrenofSodom
02-10-2011, 07:50 PM
So, my mom just did my FAFSA for the 2011-2012 school year. Due to presumable financial issues in our household (I don't really pry into my parents' business), my brother also being in college, and the fact that I only worked 2 months during the summer, my EFC dropped about $1800 to just over $700. Paying for college is really fucking stressful, and I hope the university and government can help me out. If not, I'm extremely screwed for the next two years. Not to mention grad school.

evildeadjedi
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
So, my mom just did my FAFSA for the 2011-2012 school year. Due to presumable financial issues in our household (I don't really pry into my parents' business), my brother also being in college, and the fact that I only worked 2 months during the summer, my EFC dropped about $1800 to just over $700. Paying for college is really fucking stressful, and I hope the university and government can help me out. If not, I'm extremely screwed for the next two years. Not to mention grad school.

Shouldn't you qualify for a Pell grant with an EFC of 700?

ChildrenofSodom
02-11-2011, 04:12 AM
Shouldn't you qualify for a Pell grant with an EFC of 700?

I certainly hope so. All I've qualified for in the past was an institutional grant, an honors scholarship, a state grant that is being defunded this year, and federal loans.

DethMaiden
02-11-2011, 08:24 AM
EFC is bullshit.

"Well, Brad, your folks should give you $10,000 for college this year."
"Well, I mean, we have five kids, so they're not giving me any."
"Oh, well, tough shit. Good luck finding $10,000!"

powerslave_85
02-11-2011, 08:26 AM
EFC is bullshit.

That's precisely what happened to me my senior year. It's so fucking stupid.

ChildrenofSodom
02-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Well, my family doesn't really have $700 saved up either. And we certainly don't have $16,000 a year.

mastodon421
02-11-2011, 09:15 AM
I felt that way as well. On the one practice test i've taken so far, I only got about 3 or so Reading questions wrong, which is a joke since I'm pretty bad at Critical Reading. Got perfect on the Math and only 2 wrong on the Science and English.

I think East Colleges prefer the SAT, but I believe a good ACT score wouldn't hurt.

East Colleges do perfer the SAT. SAT's are the reason I got denied from every school I applied to which is why I am currently at community college.

evildeadjedi
02-11-2011, 09:32 AM
EFC is bullshit.

Very true that makes it worse when you have to include your parents income even if they're having financial issues or in your case multiple dependents. Thankfully, I'm independent and don't have to do that. However, I have had my share of financial aid issues in the past two years of school. My problem was I got laid off my job and then four months later I started school so my EFC was based on what I made when I was working. It was not until Summer that I was able to finally get my FAFSA adjusted to show what I was making on unemployment.

Nick_to_the_face
02-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Speaking of college...I have absolutely no desire to do my Political Science exam that i should be doing..

SomewhereInTime72
02-11-2011, 11:04 PM
EFC is bullshit.

"you guys are pretty rich right, you can afford this"
"no...no we're not...?"
"suuuuuure you are here's $1000"
Debts++;

TehSuckUpPrince
02-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Tryin to find the COLLEGE BASKETBALL/SPORTS THREAD, someone wanna help me out! ON WISCONSIN!! Bucky bucked #1 ranked BUCKEYES!!!

ChildrenofSodom
02-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Tryin to find the COLLEGE BASKETBALL/SPORTS THREAD, someone wanna help me out! ON WISCONSIN!! Bucky bucked #1 ranked BUCKEYES!!!

:bouville:

mankvill
02-12-2011, 08:25 PM
http://eliaisquire.com/2011/02/12/is-radioheads-next-album-being-released-tomorrow/

New Radiohead tomorrow :party:

ChildrenofSodom
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Sex is happening VERY loudly down my hall. Hilarious. She's a good actor.

Maiden33
02-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Sex is happening VERY loudly down my hall. Hilarious. She's a good actor.

...Not necessarily.

ChildrenofSodom
02-12-2011, 11:05 PM
...Not necessarily.

I passed the guy in the bathroom a few hours ago, and he was on the phone, "Just come over here, I wanna bang you so bad." Then sex happens. Then another girl comes by, presumably drunk, and wants to make sex with his roommate (who isn't there, obviously). The moron didn't lock the door, so she interrupts the coitus. He comes out into the hallway in just his boxers to find out who it was, and finds two drunk guys are stumbling around. One guy touches his bare chest and says "you're sexy", which results in some yelling and eventually punches to the head by both guys. They walk away, and the dude continues sex with this girl. Three other drunk guys are down at the other end of the hall and accidentally hit the fire alarm.

Weird night.

elturtleboy
02-12-2011, 11:09 PM
came back from a lucha libre show:mexico::rocker:

Maiden33
02-12-2011, 11:10 PM
It's stuff like that that makes me very glad I'm NOT at college. My girlfriend bitches about stuff like this all the time. Not so much sex, but just random rude/drunk/stupid people making noise at all hours of the night.

jd091
02-12-2011, 11:44 PM
came back from a lucha libre show:mexico::rocker:

That's awesome... but have you ever been to an actual bullfight? That's fucking metal. Especially if the matador gets gored when you're watching and the bull won't die after the backup matador plunged a sword through it's heart.

DethMaiden
02-13-2011, 08:03 AM
It's stuff like that that makes me very glad I'm NOT at college. My girlfriend bitches about stuff like this all the time. Not so much sex, but just random rude/drunk/stupid people making noise at all hours of the night.

I'm as annoyed by drunken antics as the next guy, but I think it's pretty silly to try to consolidate the college experience into that one complaint. There's about a trillion reasons college is better than living at home/going to high school.

ChildrenofSodom
02-13-2011, 08:46 AM
For the record, I wasn't complaining. That series of events was hilarious.

elturtleboy
02-13-2011, 09:21 AM
That's awesome... but have you ever been to an actual bullfight? That's fucking metal. Especially if the matador gets gored when you're watching and the bull won't die after the backup matador plunged a sword through it's heart.

im gonna have to go to Tijuana to see someone die,USA wont allow it.Mexico doesnt give a shit:rocker:

jd091
02-13-2011, 10:22 AM
im gonna have to go to Tijuana to see someone die,USA wont allow it.Mexico doesnt give a shit:rocker:

It was probably the most metal thing I've ever witnessed. Totally with it. Lucha libre sounds badass too :fist:

Maiden33
02-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm as annoyed by drunken antics as the next guy, but I think it's pretty silly to try to consolidate the college experience into that one complaint. There's about a trillion reasons college is better than living at home/going to high school.

I wasn't trying to claim that as a result of that one thing that college wasn't worth it. :lol:
That would be retarded on a level I can't even comprehend. I'm just saying that based on all the stories I've heard, it's one of the things that would annoy me most about the whole experience.

ChildrenofSodom
02-13-2011, 10:58 AM
I have facebook "friends" who are still in high school, and facebook keeps suggesting that I add their 15 year old female friends. The internet: making pedophilia easy. :eyes:

TonyD
02-13-2011, 11:33 AM
^ Slightly related, about a month ago there was a furry con and a cheerleading tournament happening on the same weekend in downtown SJ.

Simple solution for college: don't live on campus, unless you're a doucher or an athlete.

ChildrenofSodom
02-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Simple solution for college: don't live on campus, unless you're a doucher or an athlete.

....or can't afford to live off campus.

DethMaiden
02-13-2011, 11:55 AM

**or poor

mankvill
02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I lived in the dorms my first year and it was fun. Don't be a shut-in and try and be friendly and you should have a good time.

elturtleboy
02-13-2011, 01:45 PM
It was probably the most metal thing I've ever witnessed. Totally with it. Lucha libre sounds badass too :fist:

i saw a dvd one time at my friends house. I couldnt stop laughing. Lucha Libre is really grindcore

jd091
02-13-2011, 02:45 PM
I lived in the dorms my first year and it was fun. Don't be a shut-in and try and be friendly and you should have a good time.

Pretty much all my college friends and I met by living in the same dorm our first year. It's not bad at all.

mankvill
02-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Arcade Fire won Best Album of the Year over Eminem and Lady Gaga.

Esperanza Spalding won Best New Artist over Justin Bieber.

I'm cumming so hard right now at the butthurt on the internet, uuunnnnggg...

Div
02-13-2011, 08:04 PM
not sure about other colleges, but the main goal at mine with the living situations seems to be that you want to make friends in your first year so you can move off campus the following year. (i think the school requires freshman to live in dorms) if your college is in a city then it shouldnt be too hard to get 3 or 4 people together to rent a house. working a shitty weekend job for the rent is definitely worth the freedoms you get over dorms.

Derelict
02-14-2011, 07:59 AM
First single Valentines day in ages, which blows, but my friend's wife unexpectedly gave birth 2 weeks early, which more than makes up for it.

jd091
02-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Still pissed that Decrepit Birth won't be on the Kataklysm tour for me. I am disappoint.

makethemsuffer12
02-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Esperanza Spalding won Best New Artist over Justin Bieber.

Who?

mankvill
02-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Who?

An awesome jazz bassist. Grammys =/= MTV Music Awards.

makethemsuffer12
02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
If I had a dollar for every time Whitesnake used "love" in a song title...

El Gordo
02-14-2011, 04:48 PM
I wish Exodus and Steve Souza would make nice with each other so that they can stuff that jerk-off Rob Dukes into a pinata shaped like a dick and launch him into space, where he will hopefully land on some alien planet where they worship the music of Limp Bizkit. I fucking hate Rob Dukes, he looks like a dick, acts like a dick, he must actually be a fucking dick. I haven't been able to enjoy an Exodus album since Tempo. Bleh.

End rant.

Cue 'cool story bro'.

BloodoftheKings
02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I wish Exodus and Steve Souza would make nice with each other so that they can stuff that jerk-off Rob Dukes into a pinata shaped like a dick and launch him into space, where he will hopefully land on some alien planet where they worship the music of Limp Bizkit. I fucking hate Rob Dukes, he looks like a dick, acts like a dick, he must actually be a fucking dick. I haven't been able to enjoy an Exodus album since Tempo. Bleh.

End rant.

Cue 'cool story bro'.

Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH8c5_KI_oU

El Gordo
02-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH8c5_KI_oU

Lol no I haven't! That's hilarious though, thanks!

BloodoftheKings
02-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Lol no I haven't! That's hilarious though, thanks!

They made a sequel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPuB2dRWn04
This one is a more accurate representation of Dukes' vocals.

DethMaiden
02-14-2011, 06:55 PM
So as I've pimped on here a few times before, I'm the editor for WEEKEND, the entertainment section/insert/whatever for the student paper. Anywho, we're going through a redesign right now, so my workload is even more enormous than it usually is, and I'm stressin' balls nonstop. We stand to lose a lot and gain little if I don't call a bunch of meetings and argue my case, which I'm doing, and this is in addition to generating all the content I always have to generate and dealing with reporters/sources/photographers/management. Clearly it's a big deal.

BUT the point of this story is now I'm totally eating it in my classes. :( I've gotta turn things around. I was not built to manage this kind of stress.

jd091
02-14-2011, 06:58 PM
If I had a dollar for every time Whitesnake used "love" in a song title...

Would you have more if it was Van Halen?

mankvill
02-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Sounds like b-rad needs a full body massage from the missus.

slapguitarer
02-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Playing some Pokémon. :rocker:

Derelict
02-14-2011, 07:29 PM

End rant.

Cue 'cool story bro'.

I'm more a fan of his blatant racism onstage. What a doucher.

JRA
02-14-2011, 07:47 PM

End rant.

Cue 'cool story bro'.

:lol: :lol:

RAZOR
02-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Playing some Pokémon. :rocker:

Which one?

slapguitarer
02-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Which one?

Silver.

idrinkwine732
02-14-2011, 08:17 PM

End rant.

Cue 'cool story bro'.

I've met Dukes a few times, and he is a totally nice guy. With that said, I couldn't agree with this whole bit more. Can't stand him on stage. I prefer Zetro, he's just as nice and sounds better.

idrinkwine732
02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Editing a satire I just wrote. Not at all my best writing, but I like it.

jd091
02-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Silver.

HELL YEAH. Tell me you went with Totodile. Its the only way.

El Gordo
02-15-2011, 03:13 AM
I've met Dukes a few times, and he is a totally nice guy. With that said, I couldn't agree with this whole bit more. Can't stand him on stage. I prefer Zetro, he's just as nice and sounds better.

Yeah. Generally, making assumptions about musicians, actors, etc. and their personalities is a bad idea. I just really miss Zetro fronting Exodus, he rules in almost completely the same way Blitz rules.

ravenheart
02-15-2011, 04:18 AM
Currently puzzling through the pretty ridiculous ticketing process for the 2012 Olympics.

ravenheart
02-15-2011, 04:21 AM
So as I've pimped on here a few times before, I'm the editor for WEEKEND, the entertainment section/insert/whatever for the student paper. Anywho, we're going through a redesign right now, so my workload is even more enormous than it usually is, and I'm stressin' balls nonstop. We stand to lose a lot and gain little if I don't call a bunch of meetings and argue my case, which I'm doing, and this is in addition to generating all the content I always have to generate and dealing with reporters/sources/photographers/management. Clearly it's a big deal.

BUT the point of this story is now I'm totally eating it in my classes. :( I've gotta turn things around. I was not built to manage this kind of stress.

DEMAND A PAY RISE AND AN UNDERLING!

Worked for me ;)

Nick_to_the_face
02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
HELL YEAH. Tell me you went with Totodile. Its the only way.

THIS

larvtard
02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Editing a satire I just wrote. Not at all my best writing, but I like it.

I just wrote a satire for my AP Lit class as well. Thinking it was pretty good, I posted it on reddit.com to see what other people thought of it.
They hated it. :(:(

LAXdef16
02-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm procrastinating...

Div
02-15-2011, 06:02 PM
"donald duck did it" (http://www.cracked.com/article_19021_5-amazing-things-invented-by-donald-duck-seriously.html) is the new "simpsons did it"

Wizzbang11
02-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Stumbled upon this extremely gay picture of Werwolf again for the first time in awhile, figured I'd post it because of how amazing it is:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2HeqI5FEvQ4/TPtHrfl5S0I/AAAAAAAAAAo/R-K1g0B_6YM/S220/satanic%2Bwarmaster%2Bfunny.jpg

jd091
02-15-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm procrastinating...

Try procrasturbating. More fun.

jd091
02-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Dude... DUDE... The new Human Abstract sounds fuckin' amazing. I just preordered the new album based on this preview. Maybe I'm crazy? Its just up my alley so much.

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/exclusive_stream_the_human_abstracts_complex_terms/

:bliss:

Butcher of Birth
02-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Watching Sky Sports!

Getting my Footy on at 3am!

TonyD
02-16-2011, 10:00 AM
"like Cream on a rocket to hell"

Rolling Stone on High on Fire.
:wallbang:

evildeadjedi
02-16-2011, 10:46 AM

:wallbang:

I don't see it either. :confused:

Natrlhi
02-16-2011, 10:53 AM

:wallbang::lol: I guess I've heard worse descriptions, but I generally agree with you and Jedi.

All descriptions of HoF should have references to Black Sabbath on the instrumental side, and Lemmy on the vocal side, or they're totally invalid. Anything else the writer wants to add to be cute is fine, as long as it doesn't suck.

jhdeity
02-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Just watched A Perfect Circle on Carson Daly that I forgot I dvr'd.

Ungodly amazing! I was hoping it was new stuff but it was The Vanishing and The Package from the Avalon show I've seen other clips of.

I sense a HUGE APC bender coming on...

makethemsuffer12
02-16-2011, 11:15 AM
"donald duck did it" (http://www.cracked.com/article_19021_5-amazing-things-invented-by-donald-duck-seriously.html) is the new "simpsons did it"

Haha I read that yesterday. Shit blew my mind.