PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]

makethemsuffer12
09-26-2011, 08:48 PM
No offense Logan, but she probably thinks you're an obsessive creep or something. Let it go.

Edit: and if you see her, just flash her the goods and show the bitch who's boss. :fist:

BloodoftheKings
09-26-2011, 08:48 PM
>Power through day on a 5 hour sleep hoping to get tired early enough that night to get a good sleep.
>Stay up til midnight.

Me everyday :bouville:

BloodoftheKings
09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
No offense Logan, but she probably thinks you're an obsessive creep or something.

:lol:

larvtard
09-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes. You blew it. She doesn't want to be your friend. Walk away.

Thanks for being so blunt... Damn, so it is too late.

C'mon guys, I just want someone to say that it wasn't all my fault, that she's a bitch too and it's partly her fault...

BloodoftheKings
09-26-2011, 09:00 PM

C'mon guys, I just want someone to say that it wasn't all my fault, that she's a bitch too and it's partly her fault...

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks, move on.

illuminatus917
09-26-2011, 09:05 PM

this bitch is hiding somethin

A bitch iz a bitch etc.

No offense Logan, but she sounds like a bitch that you're better off without.

bitches.

Dextrimental
09-26-2011, 09:08 PM

Its not all your fault.. Some blame definitely rests on her, but any of us saying that isn't going to help you. You're shy, awkward and obsessive, all of which will destroy most relationships you encounter unless you change yourself for the better. Little steps can help, like talking to a stranger, or even wearing clothes that would be more inviting (band t shirts don't generally bode well for inviting people to talk to you). I know it sucks, trust me, but from the sounds of things you're trying to make positive changes, and obsessing over this one girl isn't going to help.

Seriously, fuck it, forget about it. Read an awesome book or play a totally engrossing video game.

tl;dr - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvwCtMFcHqI

larvtard
09-26-2011, 09:08 PM

Two of those were from you :tp:

jd091
09-26-2011, 09:09 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this forum.

larvtard
09-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Its not all your fault.. Some blame definitely rests on her, but any of us saying that isn't going to help you. You're shy, awkward and obsessive, all of which will destroy most relationships you encounter unless you change yourself for the better. Little steps can help, like talking to a stranger, or even wearing clothes that would be more inviting (band t shirts don't generally bode well for inviting people to talk to you). I know it sucks, trust me, but from the sounds of things you're trying to make positive changes, and obsessing over this one girl isn't going to help.

Seriously, fuck it, forget about it. Read an awesome book or play a totally engrossing video game.

tl;dr - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvwCtMFcHqI

Thanks man :fist:

All right, I've decided I'm not gonna even try anymore. Whatever, I fucked up. Okay. I'm awkward, these things happen. Maybe if I don't stress about it or push it positive change will come.

And maybe one time when I'm drunk, I'll stumble into the hall and call her a cunt :lol:

Wizzbang11
09-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm withdrawing from the internet after an odd revelation concerning the modern world I've experienced over the last few days. No point in creating a "IM GONE FOR GOOD" statement since I might pop in from time to time, who knows. Facebook etc. is gone. Most of you who care have my number I think. To the rest of you, cheers! It's been fun.
:dragon:

mankvill
09-26-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm withdrawing from the internet after an odd revelation concerning the modern world I've experienced over the last few days. No point in creating a "IM GONE FOR GOOD" statement since I might pop in from time to time, who knows. Facebook etc. is gone. Most of you who care have my number I think. To the rest of you, cheers! It's been fun.

wtf you faggot

Wizzbang11
09-26-2011, 10:12 PM
wtf you faggot

Im still goin to rites dnt worry bb

jd091
09-26-2011, 10:19 PM

wtf you faggot

:lol: I can understand pulling out of facebook. But come on. Forsaking us is just a low blow.

treghet
09-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Noooooooooo don't leave!

Wizzbang11
09-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Im not gone alltogether, just following tonight my guest appearances will be rare since Im going to attempt to avoid the internet as much as possible. Social networking is gone though. Text me if you want to talk, Im probably not going to die anytime soon.

idrinkwine732
09-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Im probably not going to die anytime soon.

...:hecho:

;)

Epidemic Reign
09-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Im not gone alltogether, just following tonight my guest appearances will be rare since Im going to attempt to avoid the internet as much as possible.

THIS IS TWENTY ELEVEN THE INTERNET WILL FUCKING FIND YOU

Epidemic Reign
09-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Trying to figure out what to do with my 500th post so...

here it is. Only took 2 years :party:

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 02:20 AM

Hippy.

christopher
09-27-2011, 03:41 AM
Tonight was probably one of the best nights I've had all year. I'm going to post my review of the Goddamn Gallows show in the morning. I'm still grinning from how amazing the entire night was. The perfect thing I needed.

GarageMetal468
09-27-2011, 08:43 AM
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/09/enslaved_alcest.html

They got merch pictures for the Enslaved tour. Both those Alcest shirts look pretty sick, I may get the black tour one!

daimonos
09-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Too many awesome Enslaved shirts to choose from.

ShatteredFlame
09-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Wish I could've went, shirts are awesome.

jd091
09-27-2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/09/enslaved_alcest.html

They got merch pictures for the Enslaved tour. Both those Alcest shirts look pretty sick, I may get the black tour one!

Hmmm. Not sure about those Enslaved shirts; I may get one of the more simple ones. I'm definitely picking up both Alcest shirts, though! :party:

GarageMetal468
09-27-2011, 06:08 PM
My shoes are still soaked from yesterday... :mad: I've been wearing my workout/running shoes since then and it's just not the same...

In other news... that's about it. It's been a boring week so far.

RAZOR
09-27-2011, 06:10 PM
In other news... that's about it. It's been a boring week so far.

It is only Tuesday. ;)

GarageMetal468
09-27-2011, 06:24 PM
It is only Tuesday. ;)

But it's going by so slow :( Probably because I'm anticipating Enslaved/Alcest this weekend, along with working on more drum tracks for my black metal/country/grindcore project. I'm also playing bass in another band and we got a show in December. Go figure, it's a melodic death metal band and I hate most melo death for the most part... but my friends are actually really good at song writing, especially for melo death and thrash. They're in another band called Smash Potater, very quality thrash with a lot of humor!

smearCampaign
09-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Sitting here after a long day of work, sipping on a couple glasses of red wine and sparking one up before heading out to see Wolves in the Throne Room.

RAZOR
09-27-2011, 07:35 PM
...working on more drum tracks for my black metal/country/grindcore project....

wat

dcmetal108
09-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Just finished the new episode of tosh.o

ShatteredFlame
09-27-2011, 07:50 PM
wat

it's apparently a new experimental trend going on with a lot of solo musicians.

Seriously people advertise it on last.fm all the time

RAZOR
09-27-2011, 07:51 PM
it's apparently a new experimental trend going on with a lot of solo musicians.

Seriously people advertise it on last.fm all the time

Really? :lol:

christopher
09-27-2011, 09:04 PM
black metal/country/grindcore project

wow that sounds awesome if you can pull it off. Goddamn Gallows covering In League with Satan is the closest thing I've heard to black metal/country, but I haven't imagined it with grindcore mixed in. I want to hear asap//

daimonos
09-27-2011, 09:47 PM
But it's going by so slow :( Probably because I'm anticipating Enslaved/Alcest this weekend, along with working on more drum tracks for my black metal/country/grindcore project. I'm also playing bass in another band and we got a show in December. Go figure, it's a melodic death metal band and I hate most melo death for the most part... but my friends are actually really good at song writing, especially for melo death and thrash. They're in another band called Smash Potater, very quality thrash with a lot of humor!

Sounds cool man! I'm a drummer, and since I'm in a new city I'm trying to find some new musical ventures, of course. If you're ever interested in trying something out just let me know!

jd091
09-27-2011, 09:53 PM
But it's going by so slow :( Probably because I'm anticipating Enslaved/Alcest this weekend

Dude. I know. It's going by so goddamn slow for me.

MPF
09-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Just got back from Evergrey/Sabaton/Powerglove/Blackguard/The Absence

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

Just read my thread in the Setlist page.

bt11763
09-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Trying to set up an interview with Guy Picciotto on friday... wat :drool:

GarageMetal468
09-28-2011, 11:36 AM
wat

wow that sounds awesome if you can pull it off. Goddamn Gallows covering In League with Satan is the closest thing I've heard to black metal/country, but I haven't imagined it with grindcore mixed in. I want to hear asap//

It's more of a grindcore band than anything, but we're putting black metal riffs where there aren't blast beats. The country part comes from mostly the song titles and lyrics but my friend is trying to get a banjo and use that in our music. We're basically ripping off of Insect Warfare and Aborted for the majority of the sound. This is a joke band for the most part. The only thing we're taking seriously is getting our stuff written and done and maybe recording, which we know we got covered.

I mean with song titles like these, how can you think this is serious?
Pitchfork Sodomy
Corn Cob Crucifixion
Cattle Prod Masturbation
Drown in Compost
Into the Corn Catacombs

...and like 20 more! Our band name is Backwoods Butchery. Me and like 3 other friends came up with the idea one night when we were bored and my friend just started shouting out song titles. So far we've got 6 rough drum tracks but we're gonna try and get as much done as we can in the near future. And if we do end up playing live we're going to make our live show as chaotic and intense as possible. Including dressing up in bloody farmer outfits (overalls, straw hats, etc.)

Sounds cool man! I'm a drummer, and since I'm in a new city I'm trying to find some new musical ventures, of course. If you're ever interested in trying something out just let me know!

I'm actually drumming :lol: And if I were to do any other bands I would probably be drums as well but I'll keep you in mind. The only problem is that you're in the city and I'm out in DeKalb for the most part.

mankvill
09-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Pitchfork Sodomy
Corn Cob Crucifixion
Cattle Prod Masturbation
Drown in Compost
Into the Corn Catacombs

Oh, so you're Cemetery Rapist? :tongue:

GarageMetal468
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh, so you're Cemetery Rapist? :tongue:

:lol: I just looked him up and odd enough he's from Illinois as well. Southern IL but still, those are some funny song titles

dcmetal108
09-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm actually drumming :lol: And if I were to do any other bands I would probably be drums as well but I'll keep you in mind. The only problem is that you're in the city and I'm out in DeKalb for the most part.

I'll do vocals!:rocker:

idrinkwine732
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
4 going on 5 naps today.

GarageMetal468
09-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I'll do vocals!:rocker:

We got every instrument covered except bass haha. My other friend is doing vocals and coming up with some crazy lyrics! For bass I want to get my other friend (who's actually on here but doesn't post that much anymore, I think it's bassmasta527 or something) since he fucking rips the 6 string but I don't think it'll work out.

jd091
09-28-2011, 02:59 PM
if you chicago guys wanna start a trancecore band i'm game

BloodoftheKings
09-28-2011, 03:02 PM
There's this guy I sit at the same lunch table with who i'm cool with but never really talk to so I had no idea what kinda music he's into. I just saw on the facebook sidebar that he's listening to Sonata Artica and Manowar on Spotify. I'm gonna start talking to this guy more.

GarageMetal468
09-28-2011, 03:10 PM
if you chicago guys wanna start a trancecore band i'm game

...........no.

:allan:

Epidemic Reign
09-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Mixing trance with metal is one of those things that sounds like a great idea but usually doesn't work.

Blood Stain Child is an exception :fist:

jd091
09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
...........no.

:allan:

:bawling:

daimonos
09-28-2011, 03:50 PM

Oh alright. I just figured I'd throw that out there, ya know. Thanks anyways, though. I haven't really started to look for a band or anything out here, but I really want to get a doom/stoner/sludge project going, because I could never find the people for one in Pittsburgh.

mankvill
09-28-2011, 09:55 PM
I need more tech support advice. :snivel:

jd091
09-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I need more tech support advice. :snivel:

Fuck up the new computer? :eek: :eyes:

mankvill
09-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Fuck up the new computer? :eek: :eyes:

No! That's not here yet.

Just got a new monitor (HD, son!) but when I plug it into my old-ass old computer, it doesn't pick it up.

I'm juts assuming my compy is too old and too shitty to give out a right signal for my monitor? :P

es156
09-28-2011, 10:39 PM
:lol: I just looked him up and odd enough he's from Illinois as well. Southern IL but still, those are some funny song titles

Hi, I'm from Cheecawgo and everything south of I-80 = southern IL.

:hecho:

es156
09-28-2011, 10:40 PM
"panties in a bunch thread Part IV"

Officially, now.

Oh, we are way past Part IV.

jd091
09-28-2011, 10:46 PM

MPF
09-28-2011, 11:32 PM
In case anyone is interested, I got some Station IDs for my radio show last night at Evergrey in St. Paul. Tom Englund made the best ID ever at the very end of this. Check it out.

http://soundcloud.com/jrundquist/that-drummer-guys-station-ids

llama lom
09-28-2011, 11:53 PM
So there's a good chance I'm going to be a part of my school's radio station. On the metal show. :D

MPF
09-29-2011, 12:21 AM
So there's a good chance I'm going to be a part of my school's radio station. On the metal show. :D

NICE!

:rocker:

GarageMetal468
09-29-2011, 05:09 AM

Yeah pretty much to me :lol: No use denying that! I'm guessing you're from an area south of I-80?

Anyway, guess what school had another shooting last night?! That's right, NIU!!!!!!!!! Way to go us! Here's to another time where the people still haven't gotten their shit together and just have to shoot someone!

:wallbang:

ravenheart
09-29-2011, 06:49 AM
No! That's not here yet.

Just got a new monitor (HD, son!) but when I plug it into my old-ass old computer, it doesn't pick it up.

I'm juts assuming my compy is too old and too shitty to give out a right signal for my monitor? :P

Do you have something which does output to a HD monitor? Xbox?

jd091
09-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Anyway, guess what school had another shooting last night?! That's right, NIU!!!!!!!!! Way to go us! Here's to another time where the people still haven't gotten their shit together and just have to shoot someone!

:wallbang:

Shit!

GarageMetal468
09-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Shit!

NIU is actually a very good school in terms of academics. They just let in the wrong people which brings worse friends of those people, and you have a shooting every month or so. There were actually 2 other shootings outside of campus this past weekend. Added on to this, I think we set a record! :rocker:

larvtard
09-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Nice, I'm trying out for that as well. Doubt I'll get a show, though.

mankvill
09-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Do you have something which does output to a HD monitor? Xbox?

Yeah, I have a 360.

I tried my new monitor + old plugs, new monitor + new plugs, old monitor + new plugs, and old monitor + old plugs but nothing would work. My old computer is seriously a piece of stinky shit, so I'm just assuming it's the computers problem, not my monitor's.

Especially since the monitor was working until I had to unplug it to try out my new monitor. :dorky:

Epidemic Reign
09-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I have a 360.

I tried my new monitor + old plugs, new monitor + new plugs, old monitor + new plugs, and old monitor + old plugs but nothing would work. My old computer is seriously a piece of stinky shit, so I'm just assuming it's the computers problem, not my monitor's.

Especially since the monitor was working until I had to unplug it to try out my new monitor. :dorky:

You sure you're using the right jack on the back of your computer tower?

I know it sounds like a stupid question but I've made this mistake before. Took me a while to realize my tower had two monitor jacks.

Epidemic Reign
09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
I just stepped out for a smoke and found eight dollars lying in my front yard :eyes:

MINE NOW :party:

mankvill
09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
You sure you're using the right jack on the back of your computer tower?

I know it sounds like a stupid question but I've made this mistake before. Took me a while to realize my tower had two monitor jacks.

Yeah. I'm plugging it into the same one that had my old stuff plugged into it.

:P I guess I'll just have to have ONE computer til my new one gets here.

GarageMetal468
09-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Gah, shitty weather and none of my friends at school can hang out tonight. Oh well, looks like I'll be looking up some music I haven't checked out yet. Mostly power/speed metal stuff.

BloodoftheKings
09-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Feel like an asshole for doing nothing for 2 non school nights in a row.

larvtard
09-29-2011, 08:53 PM

You feel like an asshole? :confused:

BloodoftheKings
09-29-2011, 08:55 PM
You feel like an asshole? :confused:

I feel stupid. I'm not saying that I feel like a douchebag or an actual anus.

larvtard
09-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I feel stupid. I'm not saying that I feel like a douchebag or an actual anus.

Oh, so you mean you feel like a loser! ;)

Don't worry bro. I know the feeling.

BloodoftheKings
09-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Oh, so you mean you feel like a loser! ;)

Don't worry bro. I know the feeling.

Yeah pretty much.

You don't need to remind me, I can just go to any random page of this thread. ;)

larvtard
09-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah pretty much.

You don't need to remind me, I can just go to any random page of this thread. ;)

.....i can't believe you just said that

seriously

treghet
09-29-2011, 09:19 PM
.....i can't believe you just said that

seriously

:lol: It's okay, we love you.

TonyD
09-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Heard Battery and Fury Whip in a bar last night. It was awesome. That is all.

christopher
09-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Staring to read Star Wars Death Troopers. Zombies + Star Wars = epicness.

Heard Battery and Fury Whip in a bar last night. It was awesome. That is all.

That's fucking badass. I actually heard a country band cover the into to Battery the other night and it sounded badass!

OraclesofAgony
09-30-2011, 12:43 AM

Pfft. 2 nights? Don't sweat it man. I pretty much did nothing all through high school and college up to this point (Aside from listening to music by myself). Imagine how dumb I feel.

masterguy49
09-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Apperently members of Vektor go on Reddit, I talked to Blake on reddit last night, pretty awesome. :D

larvtard
09-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Apperently members of Vektor go on Reddit, I talked to Blake on reddit last night, pretty awesome. :D

whaaaaaaaaaaaattt

omg i love reddit

ravenheart
09-30-2011, 08:21 AM
What is reddit even for?

masterguy49
09-30-2011, 09:37 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaattt

omg i love reddit

I know right!
I said come to Miami and I'd smoke them out cause it was on r/trees :3

jd091
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Does anyone here like/know the indie band AWOLNATION? I might go with my friend tomorrow night to check 'em out live.

bt11763
09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Does anyone here like/know the indie band AWOLNATION? I might go with my friend tomorrow night to check 'em out live.

i know one song by them, i thought it was pretty cool

dcmetal108
09-30-2011, 03:22 PM

I saw a song of theirs at the Q101 fest and thought they were decent at best.

DethMaiden
09-30-2011, 03:44 PM
About to go meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time. This will never not suck.

JRA
09-30-2011, 03:49 PM
About to go meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time. This will never not suck.

You are editor of a paper. Have plenty of stories with that and it should go by pretty smoothly. You're a success story, most parents love that.

Shit, aren't you dating a photographer from the IDS?

mankvill
09-30-2011, 04:26 PM

SO HAVE YOU BEEN INTIMATE WITH MY DAUGHTER

DethMaiden
10-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, she's an assistant photo editor there.

They loved me. I was nervous because for once I gave a shit. None of my past girlfriends have particularly mattered to me, so this was new and frightening. :eyes:

Maiden33
10-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah, she's an assistant photo editor there.

They loved me. I was nervous because for once I gave a shit. None of my past girlfriends have particularly mattered to me, so this was new and frightening. :eyes:

Wow, what a nice and romantic sentiment. :tongue:

ChildrenofSodom
10-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Panties in a bunch: I was walking to get food and this group of cute girls behind me asked me to take their picture (they were going to the football game, and all decked out in Buckeyes stuff.) I said yes, and they started making small talk. Exchanged names and then I was on my way. Well, they tailed me and asked me if I was going to the game and all that jazz. I wasn't. They saw my green shirt and thought I was a Michigan State fan. I'm not. "Are you a freshman? Oh, a junior, wow!"

Anyway, we were just chatting and they turned to go into their dorm. They said, "Thanks again for the picture!" "Nice meeting you!" "Maybe we'll see you around sometime." The whole situation reeked of "asking for our names and phone numbers wouldn't be a bad idea." And I passed it up. Didn't know what to say or do. I was getting hit on by girls and I blew it. I was sitting down to eat, kicking myself...and they came in a few minutes later to eat too!

And the socially awkward penguin that is me didn't say a word. I have GOT to quit fucking these things up. I'm going to die alone if this doesn't change.

makethemsuffer12
10-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Panties in a bunch: I was walking to get food and this group of cute girls behind me asked me to take their picture (they were going to the football game, and all decked out in Buckeyes stuff.) I said yes, and they started making small talk. Exchanged names and then I was on my way. Well, they tailed me and asked me if I was going to the game and all that jazz. I wasn't. They saw my green shirt and thought I was a Michigan State fan. I'm not. "Are you a freshman? Oh, a junior, wow!"

Anyway, we were just chatting and they turned to go into their dorm. They said, "Thanks again for the picture!" "Nice meeting you!" "Maybe we'll see you around sometime." The whole situation reeked of "asking for our names and phone numbers wouldn't be a bad idea." And I passed it up. Didn't know what to say or do. I was getting hit on by girls and I blew it. I was sitting down to eat, kicking myself...and they came in a few minutes later to eat too!

And the socially awkward penguin that is me didn't say a word. I have GOT to quit fucking these things up. I'm going to die alone if this doesn't change.

I'll give you the same advice I gave to Logan; Show them your pee-pee. It works like a charm! Until the cops come.

mastodon421
10-01-2011, 12:54 PM
I'll give you the same advice I gave to Logan; Show them your pee-pee. It works like a charm! Until the cops come.

It sure does. I whip out my cock every time I meet a girl! I get laid frequently!

Crionics
10-01-2011, 01:44 PM

I know exactly how you feel.

ravenheart
10-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Or they were just being polite. Not every girl who says more than 'fuck off' is hitting on you. Just sayin'.

Now, if they'd come of to your table, that would have been different.

ChildrenofSodom
10-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Or they were just being polite. Not every girl who says more than 'fuck off' is hitting on you. Just sayin'.

Now, if they'd come of to your table, that would have been different.

And I can't tell the difference. So, thanks for being encouraging.

BloodoftheKings
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Taking pictures is a little more then being polite.

ravenheart
10-01-2011, 03:05 PM
And I can't tell the difference.

You and the rest of us buddy :lol:

ravenheart
10-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Taking pictures is a little more then being polite.

Taking pictures with them, sure. Taking pictures of them with their own camera, not really.

Epidemic Reign
10-01-2011, 03:35 PM
(they were going to the football game, and all decked out in Buckeyes stuff.)

RED FLAG

Chicks don't like football. They like football players. If you're not a football player, you probably didn't do anything wrong. ;)

Maiden33
10-01-2011, 03:53 PM

Honestly I don't think you missed the amazing opportunity you think you did. This was a group of girls. How do you think they would've perceived some guy just randomly asking for all of their names and numbers? You would like a total douche in that situation. Now if this was ONE girl and you had a similar in encounter, I think you would've been on to something.

jd091
10-01-2011, 04:05 PM
My friends and I are dressing up as over-the-top hipsters for the AWOLNATION concert tonight. :party:

I'm going as the IRONIC METAL HIPSTER. It's pretty beautiful, I'll upload pictures later.

ChildrenofSodom
10-01-2011, 04:17 PM
RED FLAG

Chicks don't like football. They like football players. If you're not a football player, you probably didn't do anything wrong. ;)

Uh....Do you know anything about college football, Ohio State in particular? Its not about football, its about the social experience.

treghet
10-01-2011, 04:47 PM
My friends and I are dressing up as over-the-top hipsters for the AWOLNATION concert tonight. :party:

I'm going as the IRONIC METAL HIPSTER. It's pretty beautiful, I'll upload pictures later.

Eagerly awaiting these pictures. :lol:

JRA
10-01-2011, 04:50 PM
This was a group of girls. How do you think they would've perceived some guy just randomly asking for all of their names and numbers? You would like a total douche in that situation.

I was just thinking this exact thing.

ChildrenofSodom
10-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I wasn't going to ask for all of their numbers. One in particular was talking me up.

christopher
10-01-2011, 05:21 PM

:lol: aww poor Logan

Epidemic Reign
10-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Uh....Do you know anything about college football, Ohio State in particular? Its not about football, its about the social experience.

Only to the people who aren't there for the football.

jd091
10-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Eagerly awaiting these pictures. :lol:

I posted them in the "pics of yourself" thread. :D And on facebook.

DethMaiden
10-01-2011, 09:51 PM
So, quitting my night job. Not sure how I thought with 18 credit hours and a full-time editorship I could do it. Guess I'm gonna be broker than I thought this semester.

Div
10-01-2011, 10:01 PM
saw this posted on facebook by the official band page

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/292065_222005731194394_103269996401302_580789_1810 080198_n.jpg

the caption should continue "...and learn some new riffs."

BloodoftheKings
10-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Manowar "The Warrior's Shield" condoms

http://store.magiccirclemusic.com/img/graphics/default/mw_pp_rdf_large.jpg

You know you want those.

GarageMetal468
10-01-2011, 10:59 PM
So, quitting my night job. Not sure how I thought with 18 credit hours and a full-time editorship I could do it. Guess I'm gonna be broker than I thought this semester.

Damn man. 18 credit hours alone is just brutal, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Epidemic Reign
10-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Manowar "The Warrior's Shield" condoms

http://store.magiccirclemusic.com/img/graphics/default/mw_pp_rdf_large.jpg

You know you want those.

:lol: A lot of bands seem to be doing this lately.

Akumu
10-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Apparently it was introduced in 2007. Which doesn't make it any less horrible.

I now hate the world a little more for having seen that.

jd091
10-02-2011, 02:41 AM

wat

Akumu
10-02-2011, 02:43 AM
wat? (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86941) :eyes:

ravenheart
10-02-2011, 02:48 AM

KISS introduced their "Kondoms" before that.

Pathetic, isn't it?

ravenheart
10-02-2011, 02:50 AM

Probably was a bit optimistic.

Is "credit hours" the number of hours it's estimated you should be spending on lectures/classes plus out-of-class work combined? Or just lectures and classes?

We called them "contact hours", which was just lectures and classes. I had 24 on my course. There were some courses with 5. That was pathetic.

jd091
10-02-2011, 02:59 AM

Why the fuck would that be horrible? It's a good business decision, honestly. The best are Ensiferum's "Hard as Iron" condoms! (http://www.fanzone.fi/ensiferum/productinfo.cfm?tuotenumero=203561&lang=en)

Epidemic Reign
10-02-2011, 03:18 AM
Why the fuck would that be horrible? It's a good business decision, honestly. The best are Ensiferum's "Hard as Iron" condoms! (http://www.fanzone.fi/ensiferum/productinfo.cfm?tuotenumero=203561&lang=en)

The best business decision is to pull out ;)

brutal_descent
10-02-2011, 03:21 AM

i c wut u did thar

Akumu
10-02-2011, 03:26 AM

Because Manowar's presence makes it specifically horrible. D:

... those Ensiferum ones are kind of clever, but that disclaimer is scary. :lol:

brutal_descent
10-02-2011, 04:44 AM
I had this hella surreal dream last night where I was at some European metal festival, and I apparently arrived late and missed half the bands on the first day. I had very little time until the band I came to see (Wolves in the Throne Room, actually) began their set, so I needed to find the stage where they were performing and FAST. :lol:

I walked into performances by Genesis and Tool on the way by accident, and then when I finally found the supposed stage where WITTR were playing, it turned out to be an autograph booth and Grace Perry was there signing shit for people and saw me, and told me she was a big fan of my artwork.

But... I don't draw.

DethMaiden
10-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Probably was a bit optimistic.

Is "credit hours" the number of hours it's estimated you should be spending on lectures/classes plus out-of-class work combined? Or just lectures and classes?

We called them "contact hours", which was just lectures and classes. I had 24 on my course. There were some courses with 5. That was pathetic.

Yeah, just lectures and classes. Most professors expect you'll spend at least equal time that you do in class per week on out of class stuff.

slapguitarer
10-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Going into the studio.

ravenheart
10-02-2011, 11:35 AM
... those Ensiferum ones are kind of clever, but that disclaimer is scary. :lol:

I liked how they tried to make the "stylish" box a selling point.

larvtard
10-02-2011, 01:01 PM

That actually is a pretty good business decision, if you think about it :lol:

larvtard
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Damn. I was just reading a thread on Reddit titled "why does society tend to look down on introverts?" and I just realized something. I'm not introverted. If anything, I'm probably extroverted. I do genuinely like talking to people, and I am NOT comfortable with silence at all. Actually, come to think of it, "socially awkward extrovert" kinda makes sense if you think about it. We want to be social, we just don't know how to. Whereas introverts don't mind not talking. The thread was saying how introverts spend most of their time alone, and they're fine with it. I spend most of my time alone, but I'm not fine with it....at all :hmm:

Sorry, not trying to get off on another "wahhh I'm socially awkward" tangent (I've been starting these in much greater frequences since I've started college, I've noticed :eyes:), just wanted to share a relevation that I had!

GarageMetal468
10-02-2011, 02:45 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/42095051/Portal+42093477.gif

Fuck yeah Portal! :shred:

ravenheart
10-02-2011, 02:58 PM
"why does society tend to look down on introverts?"

Interesting question. But actually, it's OK, because introverts looks down on society ;)

DementedX14
10-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Interesting question. But actually, it's OK. Introverts looks down on society ;)

Damn right! :cool:

jd091
10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Damn. I was just reading a thread on Reddit titled "why does society tend to look down on introverts?" and I just realized something. I'm not introverted. If anything, I'm probably extroverted. I do genuinely like talking to people, and I am NOT comfortable with silence at all. Actually, come to think of it, "socially awkward extrovert" kinda makes sense if you think about it. We want to be social, we just don't know how to. Whereas introverts don't mind not talking. The thread was saying how introverts spend most of their time alone, and they're fine with it. I spend most of my time alone, but I'm not fine with it....at all :hmm:

Sorry, not trying to get off on another "wahhh I'm socially awkward" tangent (I've been starting these in much greater frequences since I've started college, I've noticed :eyes:), just wanted to share a relevation that I had!

awwwww

:hug:
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/42095051/Portal+42093477.gif

Fuck yeah Portal! :shred:

:lol: Although, that seems like something I'd do...

ShatteredFlame
10-02-2011, 03:56 PM

I come to this conclusion all the time to stop looking down on myself and realize how much I actually accomplish in any given day.

The main thing that I hate about my life is that I have never got off the label of "that quiet kid". Well people do like me since when I talk I am enthusiastic about it and do try my hardest to keep up a conversation because I hate silence. But in the end I guess being quiet is just part of who I am.

DementedX14
10-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Silence is golden :D

Dextrimental
10-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I once got told that to be truly comfortable with someone you have to be able to sit in silence with each other.

jd091
10-02-2011, 04:17 PM
I once got told that to be truly comfortable with someone you have to be able to sit in silence with each other.

Yeah, that someone was Pulp Fiction. :lol:

treghet
10-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Did illuminatus tell you that?

TonyD
10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
I come to this conclusion all the time to stop looking down on myself and realize how much I actually accomplish in any given day.

The main thing that I hate about my life is that I have never got off the label of "that quiet kid". Well people do like me since when I talk I am enthusiastic about it and do try my hardest to keep up a conversation because I hate silence. But in the end I guess being quiet is just part of who I am.

Not to shit on you, but here we go again

MPF
10-02-2011, 04:35 PM
And now for something completely different. The best Non-Music Related News Of The Year:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a343448/arrested-development-new-episodes-movie-confirmed.html

xStructualDefect
10-02-2011, 07:39 PM
So it looks like I'm gonna see Warbringer, Lazarus AD and Landmine Marathon for free at the Key Club tomorrow. Grill 'Em All Truck is putting anyone who sends an email at grillemalltruck@yahoo.com with their full name on the body on the guest list with a free ticket. They're doing this because tomorrow will be their one month anniversary since they have been cooking at Key Club and they said they want the place packed. I'm guessing the ticket sales weren't that great probably due to the fact that they are playing Chain Reaction on Tuesday and more people probably prefer that venue over Key Club.

So if anyone in the LA area is interested in seeing Warbringer for free tomorrow there you go! Gotta do that by noon tomorrow. After that the guest list closes.

ravenheart
10-03-2011, 02:20 AM
And now for something completely different. The best Non-Music Related News Of The Year:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a343448/arrested-development-new-episodes-movie-confirmed.html

The movie is old news, but the new episodes = awesome.

Had to happen eventually. Nearly everything Jason Bateman has done since AD has been shit.

Dextrimental
10-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Did illuminatus tell you that?

Nope!

Yeah, that someone was Pulp Fiction. :lol:

And, nope, but true enough it is from that movie, but the person who told me, I would be surprised if they got it from there.

It was on a secondary school retreat, in our last year. This sort of pseudo spiritual thing where we talked about our immediate plans and where we wanted to go with our lives. One of the guys was this really old dude who told us all about connections with people, and love and other such hippy-esque things. Anyway, he gave us that advice, and sure enough it has made sense to me at least over the last few years. Only people I truly feel comfortable with are the ones with whom there is barely ever an awkward silence.

MPF
10-03-2011, 11:44 AM
The movie is old news, but the new episodes = awesome.

Had to happen eventually. Nearly everything Jason Bateman has done since AD has been shit.

That's more of what I was getting at, but yeah this is awesome!

And I must agree, he's a good actor, but he picks the shittiest movies to be in.

Epidemic Reign
10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Just stubled upon this

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316647_10150332820173889_604043888_8064776_1888725 270_n.jpg

makethemsuffer12
10-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Just stubled upon this

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316647_10150332820173889_604043888_8064776_1888725 270_n.jpg

If only :(.

On the bright side, though, I scored a job interview with Best Buy tomorrow. Wish me luck!
(Though I'm hoping and praying that I'll still be able to go to Dream Theater next week, if I do get hired, that is.)

jd091
10-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Just stubled upon this

I, for one, can back this statement. But only as long as you're playing Jack Johnson songs. ;) Bitches love some Jack Johnson.

Epidemic Reign
10-03-2011, 02:02 PM
I, for one, can back this statement. But only as long as you're playing Jack Johnson songs. ;) Bitches love some Jack Johnson.

I'm a little disheartened that the station wagon didn't turn into a Camaro though. The guy in the picture kind of only half-won.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 02:12 PM
On the bright side, though, I scored a job interview with Best Buy tomorrow. Wish me luck!
(Though I'm hoping and praying that I'll still be able to go to Dream Theater next week, if I do get hired, that is.)

The one by Walt Whitamn?

TonyD
10-03-2011, 02:52 PM
If only :(.

Any time I try to get a new job it always seems like there is something I have to miss because I can't be like "sure I'll start Friday, can I have Saturday off?"

Epidemic Reign
10-03-2011, 02:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y82ks6Q1tLY/TWXZWxPCzdI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/KqQXBjiEMqw/s1600/666.png

jd091
10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
FAREWELL, PART IV!

Hoping that this thread will contain fewer bunched up panties, but not counting on it.

:radar:

I don't think we succeeded. :lol:

christopher
10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
666 pages of bitching and moaning :tp:

Epidemic Reign
10-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Why don't we just make a separate "Official Panties in a Bunch" thread?

treghet
10-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Why don't we just make a separate "Official Panties in a Bunch" thread?

We actually had that for a while.

RAZOR
10-03-2011, 03:22 PM
FAREWELL, PART IV!

I don't think we succeeded. :lol:

I'm gonna make a bet, the next installment of this thread will have even more bunched up panties!

ravenheart
10-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Any time I try to get a new job it always seems like there is something I have to miss because I can't be like "sure I'll start Friday, can I have Saturday off?"

I love that I've never had that problem. Something to aim for! :lol:

makethemsuffer12
10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
The one by Walt Whitamn?

Yup.

Crionics
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm gonna make a bet, the next installment of this thread will have even more bunched up panties!

I could seriously start the next one with a panties story :lol:

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
So the other day I was doing laundry a somehow several pairs of panties got in my dryer load. I was confused by this but I just bunched them up and put them in a separate hamper.

RAZOR
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
I could seriously start the next one with a panties story :lol:

Dooo ittttt. :tongue:

jd091
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
awww come on guys, why would you go over 666. :( Someone get a mod in here!