PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27

daimonos
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Yep, welcome to college. It's the same shit where I go. No one wants to talk to anyone. It's sad cause I used to be that way, but I pulled myself together and I love meeting and talking to people now. It's really cool when I do get into a nice conversation with someone, but it feels dumb when they just cut it short.

I'm not in any clubs at all, there's nothing here that really pertains to my interests. Just a bunch of race and religion groups really. But that hasn't stopped me from meeting new people.

What school do you go to?

GarageMetal468
09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
What school do you go to?

Northern Illinois University (NIU)

Dextrimental
09-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Okay, I'll definitely look into it. Right now I'm using Putty to connect to an external Linux machine, then editing with Nano. I'm loving it. It feels great to actually use the skills behind the languages to DO things with the computer, versus creating pointless "say this" and "calculate that" programs.

Its awesome, it forces you to learn how to ACTUALLY use a computer. Also, Linux comes with its own very complete defense program, your computer is virtual untouchable to virus' with it!

GarageMetal468
09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Its awesome, it forces you to learn how to ACTUALLY use a computer. Also, Linux comes with its own very complete defense program, your computer is virtual untouchable to virus' with it!

"Windows is unprotected sex. Linux is using a condom, the pill, a vasectomy, and the Berlin wall."

daimonos
09-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Northern Illinois University (NIU)

Ah ok. My roommates brother goes there.

ravenheart
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM

It forces you to learn how to use a computer the hard, and unnecessary way and in the end you can't achieve anything more than you could before. That's from a standard computing point of view. I found it an utter waste of my time.

And it's untouchable by viruses for the same reason Mac's are. Because comparatively no one uses them so the losers who make viruses don't bother wasting their time making viruses to target them.

I love how Linux just doesn't crash anywhere near as much as Windows, its amazingly refreshing!

Also, this is a tired and outdated complaint. I honestly can't remember the last time a computer running Windows crashed on me. It doesn't happen anymore. No matter how much *nix users wish it did.

ravenheart
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Learning how to use Linux for my Computer Systems class. I swear to god, I feel like the biggest badass just changing the name of a directory or compiling a simple program with only command prompt. :lol:

Reasons number 1, 2 and 3 why all Linux users love Linux.

Dextrimental
09-15-2011, 07:02 PM
It forces you to learn how to use a computer the hard, and unnecessary way and in the end you can't achieve anything more than you could before. That's from a standard computing point of view. I found it an utter waste of my time.

And it's untouchable by viruses for the same reason Mac's are. Because comparatively no one uses them so the losers who make viruses don't bother wasting their time making viruses to target them.

Also, this is a tired and outdated complaint. I honestly can't remember the last time a computer running Windows crashed on me. It doesn't happen anymore. No matter how much *nix users wish it did.

1) As I said, Ubuntu is a Linux version which has been made to be virtually the same as that of Windows aesthetically and in terms of user-friendly interface, just more stable, and with far more protection which I will hit on in point 3.

2) That's flat out wrong. Linux is actually getting very big, in fact its actually threatening Windows in terms of the percentage of businesses using it for their servers, http://blogs.computerworld.com/17146/big_business_go_big_on_linux. That's for businesses, not for casual use, mind, but the Playstation 3 originally came built in with Linux, and curiously enough, not a year after Sony dropped Linux in a firmware update, what happened to the Playstation Network? Even now, the most common thing anyone who wants to edit or hack their PS3 does is put Linux on it.

3) So you've never had a program say 'Not Responding'? Admittedly with Windows 7 it happens less, but it still happens, a lot more than it should. Several of my best friends are, right now, studying courses in college in Video Game design and computer programming, and the only reason they are forced to use Windows is for compatibility, and even then more and more of the programs are switching to Linux, including big time games of developers, because they knows its more stable, AND has built in anti-virus, that can destroy 99.99999999% of virus' and infections, because its constantly being updated. It is genuinely the best interface out there for value and performance.

Also, off the cuff, wanna know the best part about Linux? Every version is fucking FREE.

jd091
09-15-2011, 08:13 PM
"Windows is unprotected sex. Linux is using a condom, the pill, a vasectomy, and the Berlin wall."

:lol:

1) As I said, Ubuntu is a Linux version which has been made to be virtually the same as that of Windows aesthetically and in terms of user-friendly interface, just more stable, and with far more protection which I will hit on in point 3.

2) That's flat out wrong. Linux is actually getting very big, in fact its actually threatening Windows in terms of the percentage of businesses using it for their servers, http://blogs.computerworld.com/17146/big_business_go_big_on_linux. That's for businesses, not for casual use, mind, but the Playstation 3 originally came built in with Linux, and curiously enough, not a year after Sony dropped Linux in a firmware update, what happened to the Playstation Network? Even now, the most common thing anyone who wants to edit or hack their PS3 does is put Linux on it.

3) So you've never had a program say 'Not Responding'? Admittedly with Windows 7 it happens less, but it still happens, a lot more than it should. Several of my best friends are, right now, studying courses in college in Video Game design and computer programming, and the only reason they are forced to use Windows is for compatibility, and even then more and more of the programs are switching to Linux, including big time games of developers, because they knows its more stable, AND has built in anti-virus, that can destroy 99.99999999% of virus' and infections, because its constantly being updated. It is genuinely the best interface out there for value and performance.

Also, off the cuff, wanna know the best part about Linux? Every version is fucking FREE.

*slow clap*

Dextrimental
09-15-2011, 08:48 PM

*slow clap*

I win at the internetz!

mankvill
09-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I need a new computer. Someone build me one that can run current gaemz.

JRA
09-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Yep, welcome to college. No one wants to talk to anyone.

Story of the past 7 years of my life. I almost want to start a class action lawsuit against anyone who has made a college sex comedy.

larvtard
09-15-2011, 09:19 PM
You guys aren't being very encouraging :(

Anyways, if you guys have been noticing that I've been cutting down on the self-pity posts recently, it's because I'm enjoying college a bit more now :bliss: I just feel a little lame being the only one in my room on a Thursday night though...

Dextrimental
09-15-2011, 09:24 PM

Anyways, if you guys have been noticing that I've been cutting down on the self-pity posts recently, it's because I'm enjoying college a bit more now :bliss: I just feel a little lame being the only one in my room on a Thursday night though...

Buck up dude, it will all get better, but that's up to you. Just talk to people more, learn to lighten up and open up to people more. It can get easier if you try!

mankvill
09-15-2011, 09:24 PM

it's okay, bro! :fist: Join a club or something

TonyD
09-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Going to Humboldt at 5 in the morning because my friends are idiots

MPF
09-16-2011, 12:33 AM
If they use Mac, tell them we only have PC. If they have PC, tell them we only have Apple. If they have both, tell them we only use Linux. If they have that too, just tell them all of our systems are down.

jd091
09-16-2011, 12:43 AM
FUCK MAN! The cops just cock blocked me. I was a fucking inch away. AAAAHGHHAGAGHAGAGHAHAGGHGGHG FUCK

TonyD
09-16-2011, 12:44 AM
FUCK MAN! The cops just cock blocked me. I was a fucking inch away. AAAAHGHHAGAGHAGAGHAHAGGHGGHG FUCK

huh?

jd091
09-16-2011, 12:48 AM
huh?

A little too drunk to explain. But I was so close to sex. Oh my lord.

MPF
09-16-2011, 12:52 AM

A little too drunk to explain. But I was so close to sex. Oh my lord.

8 year olds, Dude...

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1185473172760&id=1e05d20809736eebae3bc8d3f0b6a6e8

Natrlhi
09-16-2011, 12:53 AM
FUCK MAN! The cops just cock blocked me. I was a fucking inch away. AAAAHGHHAGAGHAGAGHAHAGGHGGHG FUCKIf the cops were able to be involved in the situation in any way, it wasn't going to be any good. Better off to wait until a situation where they couldn't possibly be a factor whatsoever.

...on the other hand, you could be like those two Opie & Anthony fans a few years back and do it in a church while there's a service going on, and get full-on cuffed and stuffed afterward. That would be a story to tell your grandkids in the future. :D

jd091
09-16-2011, 02:22 AM
I'm too sad to talk straight. Shall explain tomorrow. For now, it's drunk Team Fortress 2. AAAAGHGHGHHG FML

mastodon421
09-16-2011, 06:29 AM
If they use Mac, tell them we only have PC. If they have PC, tell them we only have Apple. If they have both, tell them we only use Linux. If they have that too, just tell them all of our systems are down.

YES! Chappelle's Show ftw.

ravenheart
09-16-2011, 06:32 AM
YES! Chappelle's Show ftw.

I bought the box set of all of that for about 7 recently. Finally shipped this week. Now that is a win :D

GarageMetal468
09-16-2011, 07:16 AM

Hey I was one of the few actually studying last night in the library. I have a huge managerial accounting exam this evening. It's at 5 pm and I'm done with classes at 11... wat

larvtard
09-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey I was one of the few actually studying last night in the library. I have a huge managerial accounting exam this evening. It's at 5 pm and I'm done with classes at 11... wat

well I wasn't even studying lol, I was just listening to music in my room.

regarding clubs: I can't find any I even like :( I mean, I'm writing for the paper, but that doesn't really count in my mind. Also, I fucked up and missed the Outing Club signups

GarageMetal468
09-16-2011, 07:38 AM
well I wasn't even studying lol, I was just listening to music in my room.

regarding clubs: I can't find any I even like :( I mean, I'm writing for the paper, but that doesn't really count in my mind. Also, I fucked up and missed the Outing Club signups

Yeah there's nothing that I like where I go either. But I've been really busy lately and it's looking like that for the rest of the semester and the next one so clubs would just be in the way anyway.

DethMaiden
09-16-2011, 07:41 AM
You guys go to bummer schools or have bummer groups of friends or something. College rules, and you don't have to stumble through it perpetually drunk and high to think so.

larvtard
09-16-2011, 07:50 AM
You guys go to bummer schools or have bummer groups of friends or something. College rules, and you don't have to stumble through it perpetually drunk and high to think so.

:violin: You can cry on my shoulder if you want, Brad. I'm here for you buddy.

ravenheart
09-16-2011, 08:03 AM

This. I miss uni.

larvtard
09-16-2011, 08:23 AM
I am considering starting a metal club, though. I just don't know what we would do in it :eyes:

Epidemic Reign
09-16-2011, 08:30 AM
I am considering starting a metal club, though. I just don't know what we would do in it :eyes:

Smoke crack and worship Satan?

ravenheart
09-16-2011, 08:32 AM
I don't think I participated in a single club at uni...

Nick_to_the_face
09-16-2011, 09:14 AM
it's okay, bro! :fist: Join a club or something

Fuck clubs

Thats how i feel, there isn't jack shit here that interests me.

larvtard
09-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Smoke crack and worship Satan?

:lol: But seriously.

ChildrenofSodom
09-16-2011, 09:41 AM

I did just this one night when I was drunk. I filled out the online forms, and I still get emails from people asking to join. We are listed as a real org in the student directory :lol: Haven't had a single meeting, never intend to.

OSU True Metal :shred:

ShatteredFlame
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
...wat

I didn't follow that at all :eyes:

basically I am optimistic about college and making friends but I keep meeting other freshman who absolutely hate the school. The upperclassmen say they were like that in the beginning but it got better once they were able to get to know friends in the club. So it will get better eventually but its just annoying how us freshman have no confidence right now.

and you don't have to stumble through it perpetually drunk and high to think so.

Well it's hard not to be pressured when all 3 of your roommates are the type of people who can't have fun without drinking. No tv, no videogames, no sports, no gym etc. Every weekend plan has been to go to the liquor store to buy shit. I also have a friend who was on the same medication that I am and says to immediately get off it because it will cause nothing but depression, part of the reason being you can't drink without serious side effects. Honestly have never experienced peer pressure to drink until I came to college.

larvtard
09-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I also have a friend who was on the same medication that I am and says to immediately get off it because it will cause nothing but depression, part of the reason being you can't drink without serious side effects. Honestly have never experienced peer pressure to drink until I came to college.

Oh fuck, really? I know you're not supposed to mix antidepressants with alcohol, but I met a couple metalheads and we're gonna take shots of vodka in their rooms this weekend :realchug: Well, I guess we'll see how it goes then...

GarageMetal468
09-16-2011, 11:59 AM
You guys go to bummer schools

That I do, actually. NIU is I think the 7th most dangerous school in the entire nation. Last year when a girl got murdered in the woods outside campus, there was literally NO ONE outside at any time of the day or night for the next month or so. From what I remember 2 years ago when I lived in the dorms, like half of my floor were shut ins and never left the room. I did what I could to meet new people, and from time to time I'll text or call them to hang out if I really got nothing to do. But for the most part, aside from the academics, my college pretty much blows. I don't care anymore, though, I'm here to get an education and meeting new people is a bonus.

jd091
09-16-2011, 12:34 PM
If the cops were able to be involved in the situation in any way, it wasn't going to be any good. Better off to wait until a situation where they couldn't possibly be a factor whatsoever.

...on the other hand, you could be like those two Opie & Anthony fans a few years back and do it in a church while there's a service going on, and get full-on cuffed and stuffed afterward. That would be a story to tell your grandkids in the future. :D

:lol: Good advice. I was pretty pissed/drunk last night, shouldn't have posted here. Whatever. Short story is I was hitting it off well with this girl who was way into me, and right before we took it to the next level, cops show up to the party, we get out, then I can't find her in all the confusion. Whatever, there's always tonight! :fist:

IrritatedTrout
09-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Heading to Slovenia in the morning.

GarageMetal468
09-16-2011, 01:49 PM
:lol: Good advice. I was pretty pissed/drunk last night, shouldn't have posted here. Whatever. Short story is I was hitting it off well with this girl who was way into me, and right before we took it to the next level, cops show up to the party, we get out, then I can't find her in all the confusion. Whatever, there's always tonight! :fist:

Could've been worse. 2 years ago I got cock blocked by a girl's DUFF (designated ugly fat friend)

:bouville:

jd091
09-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Could've been worse. 2 years ago I got cock blocked by a girl's DUFF (designated ugly fat friend)

:bouville:

Yeah, that's true. :lol: I feel for you, man.

And I just watched this video, and again feel like killing myself again after not seeing Agalloch live earlier this year. Q____Q

http://vimeo.com/24248732

masterguy49
09-16-2011, 02:00 PM

And I just watched this video, and again feel like killing myself again after not seeing Agalloch live earlier this year. Q____Q

Logan stops bitching and you start!
God dammit, will there ever be an end to the bitching!? ;)

(<3 Logan)

christopher
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Logan stops bitching and you start!
God dammit, will there ever be an end to the bitching!? ;)

(<3 Logan)

Can we change the title of this thread or create a new one called The Official 'Now Bitching' Thread :lol:

masterguy49
09-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Can we change the title of this thread or create a new one called The Official 'Now Bitching' Thread :lol:

It probably be more suitable! :lol:

GarageMetal468
09-16-2011, 02:24 PM

There's always MDF next year. Also, that show sticks out the most out of every single show I've ever been to.

I showed up at like 8:30, which is way later than most Reggies shows start. The show was packed as hell, and the atmosphere felt different. They had incense candles on the sides of the stage. I can't put my finger on it, but everything just seemed so... relaxing. It was a hell of an experience, though.

dcmetal108
09-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Just had Comcast come and fix my internet.

ChildrenofSodom
09-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Moved into my dorm, motherfuckers. Let junior year commence!

jd091
09-16-2011, 04:04 PM
There's always MDF next year. Also, that show sticks out the most out of every single show I've ever been to.

I showed up at like 8:30, which is way later than most Reggies shows start. The show was packed as hell, and the atmosphere felt different. They had incense candles on the sides of the stage. I can't put my finger on it, but everything just seemed so... relaxing. It was a hell of an experience, though.

I hate you

and I hate myself :(

mankvill
09-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I just got a fat paycheck. If there was the option, I'd buy MDF tix + airfare RIGHT NOW.

powerslave_85
09-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Moved into my dorm, motherfuckers. Let junior year commence!
Goddamn, OSU starts late.

ChildrenofSodom
09-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Goddamn, OSU starts late.

Classes don't start til Wednesday. Our last year on Quarters, at least.

ShatteredFlame
09-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I have a question for anyone who has the most up to date itunes for Windows 7. A few days ago I accidentally disconnected my iPod when it was still on "Do not disconnect". Well everything erased and I had to restore it. I updated iTunes before restoring. Now before when iPod sync was complete on itunes I would get the message "Ipod synch complete. Ok to disconnect." and the iPod would go back to it's menu. Now I get "Ipod sync is complete. eject before disconnecting." Well needless to say that extra step has really messed me up, 3 times I disconnected before ejecting and had to restore. Restoring takes like an hour cause I have over 3000 songs. So does anyone else get that page with the most current itunes? Or how would you change it?

GarageMetal468
09-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Holy shit that accounting test was brutal... glad to have gotten it out of the way though. This weekend should be good. I'm gonna be jamming with people tomorrow for our black metal/country/grindcore project. We've got song titles, now we're just gonna rip off Insect Warfare and Aborted and see what happens. I also have work, just in time! I need the money for MDF tickets in a couple weeks.

Epidemic Reign
09-16-2011, 06:52 PM
I have a question for anyone who has the most up to date itunes for Windows 7. A few days ago I accidentally disconnected my iPod when it was still on "Do not disconnect". Well everything erased and I had to restore it. I updated iTunes before restoring. Now before when iPod sync was complete on itunes I would get the message "Ipod synch complete. Ok to disconnect." and the iPod would go back to it's menu. Now I get "Ipod sync is complete. eject before disconnecting." Well needless to say that extra step has really messed me up, 3 times I disconnected before ejecting and had to restore. Restoring takes like an hour cause I have over 3000 songs. So does anyone else get that page with the most current itunes? Or how would you change it?

I don't have the newest version, but I believe it should only make you eject before disconnecting if you have your iPod set to manually manage items.... if you go to your iPod on the sidebar and check the "auto sync" box then it should automatically eject as soon as its done syncing, unless they've changed it.

On another note, I've disconnected without ejecting many times (accidentally) but I've never had my songs erased or had to restore. I think that usually only happens when you disconnect while you're iPod is in the sync process.

ShatteredFlame
09-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Looked on the free news stands. I thought they only had the school newspaper but I just snagged a copy of HearSayNow because on the front cover was none other than PRIMUS! :D

ShatteredFlame
09-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't have the newest version, but I believe it should only make you eject before disconnecting if you have your iPod set to manually manage items.... if you go to your iPod on the sidebar and check the "auto sync" box then it should automatically eject as soon as its done syncing, unless they've changed it.

I don't see an autosync button but the manually manage button is unchecked

treghet
09-16-2011, 07:01 PM

You have the "enable disc use" box checked. Uncheck it and your iPod will automatically eject after syncing.

Epidemic Reign
09-16-2011, 07:04 PM
You have the "enable disc use" box checked. Uncheck it and your iPod will automatically eject after syncing.

Interesting. I thought it had to do with whether you were manually managing or not.

And ShatteredFlame, you're right... there is no autosync box :lol: Guess I'm no help at all.

Epidemic Reign
09-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm running iTunes 10.2. Is there any advantage to updating to 10.4?

ShatteredFlame
09-16-2011, 07:22 PM

yes that work, thanks

mastodon421
09-17-2011, 05:29 AM
I bought the box set of all of that for about 7 recently. Finally shipped this week. Now that is a win :D

That is a big win!

DethMaiden
09-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Kiiiiiinda world-rocking email just now about a job opportunity. Freaking out ever so slightly.

Wizzbang11
09-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Kiiiiiinda world-rocking email just now about a job opportunity. Freaking out ever so slightly.

Rolling Stone?

DethMaiden
09-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Rolling Stone?

Nope. Kinda keeping it under my hat for now actually.

ravenheart
09-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Nope. Kinda keeping it under my hat for now actually.

In case it doesn't materialise? Probably wise.

DethMaiden
09-17-2011, 10:03 AM
In case it doesn't materialise? Probably wise.

Well, yeah. :lol:

ravenheart
09-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Well, yeah. :lol:

Well, if it's not in London it's not really that cool anyway ;)

DethMaiden
09-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Well, if it's not in London it's not really that cool anyway ;)

It wouldn't be.

Now stop 20 Questions'ing me into saying what it is. :finger:

ravenheart
09-17-2011, 10:08 AM
It wouldn't be.

Now stop 20 Questions'ing me into saying what it is. :finger:

:lol: I haven't asked once and wasn't going to. Paranoid much? :lol:

DethMaiden
09-17-2011, 10:13 AM
:lol: I haven't asked once and wasn't going to. Paranoid much? :lol:

Well duh! ;)

metallicbrian666
09-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Desperately looking for footage of Argonauts. First two performances today and zero clips on youtube.....

Maiden33
09-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Had another rehearsal with my "for fun" Maiden tribute band with friends. We got a few more songs up to "standard" for our gig in the indefinite future. Today we worked on Total Eclipse, 22 Acacia Avenue, Losfer Words, and Fear of the Dark. We also jammed on some other tunes like Caught Somewhere In Time and Running Free - in addition to the 12 or so more "staple"-esque songs we've already been playing. (Powerslave, Hallowed, Trooper, The Evil That Men Do, 23:58, Wicker Man, Flight of Icarus, Revelations, Wrathchild)

larvtard
09-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Just smoked two bowls with my buddy, at least 40 minutes ago. Don't feel shit. I also smoked just under half a blunt a couple weeks ago (first time) and I didn't feel anything, except I was a little claustrophobic, but looking back it was probably nothing.

I'm a little frustrated at this point but apparently it may take you a few times to actually get high, so I dunno? Also I kinda have bad spelling right now; using spellcheck. Fingers feel a little fidgety; I noticed that last time as well.

Also: listening to Sleep right now and they sound like boring doom metal. So I guess there you have it, folks: I'm not high.

Maiden33
09-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Honestly the biggest reason pot and potheads turn me off is that it just seems moronic to me based on the fact that the so called "pleasure" and effects of it just seem completely unequal to the amount of money usually spent on it... It just seems like a colossal waste of money to me.

Wizzbang11
09-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Just smoked two bowls with my buddy, at least 40 minutes ago. Don't feel shit. I also smoked just under half a blunt a couple weeks ago (first time) and I didn't feel anything, except I was a little claustrophobic, but looking back it was probably nothing.

I'm a little frustrated at this point but apparently it may take you a few times to actually get high, so I dunno? Also I kinda have bad spelling right now; using spellcheck. Fingers feel a little fidgety; I noticed that last time as well.

Also: listening to Sleep right now and they sound like boring doom metal. So I guess there you have it, folks: I'm not high.

Try smoking a lot more and worry less about getting high! It'll happen.

BloodoftheKings
09-17-2011, 09:42 PM

One of my friends smoked pot from time to time over the course of a year and never got high. He told me that one day he finally got high when he took massive hits from his friends bong but then he discovered that he doesn't like being high at all and it makes him really paranoid so he just stopped smoking.

And :lol: at that last part.

larvtard
09-17-2011, 09:44 PM
One of my friends smoked pot from time to time over the course of a year and never got high. He told me that one day he finally got high when he took massive hits from his friends bong but then he discovered that he doesn't like being high at all and it makes him really paranoid so he just stopped smoking.

And :lol: at that last part.

I took massive hits from my friend's bong, too... :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
09-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Honestly the biggest reason pot and potheads turn me off is that it just seems moronic to me based on the fact that the so called "pleasure" and effects of it just seem completely unequal to the amount of money usually spent on it... It just seems like a colossal waste of money to me.

This. One of my friends needs to smoke $20 worth of weed just to get high, and he does it everyday. Same goes for cigarettes, idk how anyone does that shit when they're charging $10 pack.

BloodoftheKings
09-17-2011, 09:48 PM

I think some people might have an immunity to weed or something, me being one of them. I don't smoke pot but i've been in situations where I was in a small closed space (once in a car and several times in a tool shed) where my friends were smoking pot and it surprises me that I never got any kind of second hand effect.

GarageMetal468
09-17-2011, 10:00 PM
This. One of my friends needs to smoke $20 worth of weed just to get high, and he does it everyday. Same goes for cigarettes, idk how anyone does that shit when they're charging $10 pack.

Cigs are like $4-$5 a pack when I'm at school. It's like 50 cents more back home. I smoke because of stress. Being a business major in general will do that to you.

larvtard
09-17-2011, 10:02 PM
I can't believe topher hasn't chimed in yet. WAKE UPFAGEGT

BloodoftheKings
09-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Cigs are like $4-$5 a pack when I'm at school. It's like 50 cents more back home. I smoke because of stress. Being a business major in general will do that to you.

Cig prices on Long Island range usually from $9 - $11.

GarageMetal468
09-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Cig prices on Long Island range usually from $9 - $11.

Yeah it's the same if you're in the city of Chicago. Suburbs for the win! :party:

Epidemic Reign
09-17-2011, 10:08 PM
I've smoked a few times, got high as fuck but never really enjoyed it. Just made me feel sick. So when I want an altered state of mind I stick to booze ;)

I do smoke cigs though, and yes, it's fucking expensive. It's around $7 a pack here in AZ most places, which is a lot better than $10, but the cost of living here is considerably lower than back east.

El Gordo
09-18-2011, 07:00 AM

It could just be shitty weed. If it's good weed, you should be able to pretty much smoke 2 bowls and be pretty high.

And who the hell said smoking weed is expensive? If it's costing a lot, you're probably smoking too much shit weed. I've been smoking from the same $60 bag since mid-summer, granted I don't smoke like I did when I was in high school, but my wife and I usually enjoy a puff once or twice a week, and if you've got some quality buds you don't need to smoke very much at all.

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2011, 07:14 AM
I asked a friend of mine how much it would cost to make pot brownies. "$10 for the brownies, $60 for the main ingredient." No thank you. I can buy a 40 for 2 bucks at the gas station and it will last longer.

El Gordo
09-18-2011, 07:24 AM
I asked a friend of mine how much it would cost to make pot brownies. "$10 for the brownies, $60 for the main ingredient." No thank you. I can buy a 40 for 2 bucks at the gas station and it will last longer.

Yup. But that's because you have to use a shitload of pot when you bake with it to get any kind of intoxicating effect.

dcmetal108
09-18-2011, 07:37 AM
On a different note I'm watch Zack And Miri Make A Porno!

Wizzbang11
09-18-2011, 08:25 AM

But you can buy a single brownie for like $10, and it's not like you'd down the entire pan of brownies in one sitting if you did go about making them yourself.

mastodon421
09-18-2011, 08:37 AM
I hang out with a good amount of people that smoke weed, but I've never really felt the need too. Doesn't really appeal to me. I will just stick to booze when I feel the need to get impaired.

daimonos
09-18-2011, 10:28 AM

Just give it a couple more trys. To be honest, you're probably not inhaling right...always take a deep breath in after you've got the smoke in your mouth. It took me like 3 or 4 months after I first smoked to get high, and I'm pretty sure it was for that reason.

larvtard
09-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Just give it a couple more tries. To be honest, you're probably not inhaling right...always take a deep breath in after you've got the smoke in your mouth. It took me like 3 or 4 months after I first smoked to get high, and I'm pretty sure it was for that reason.

haha, perhaps I will try again today...

BloodoftheKings
09-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Some of facebook's suggested people for my "Close friends" list:

Jackson May
Ben Braunstien
Arman Khoshneviss

:eyes:

idrinkwine732
09-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Just give it a couple more trys. To be honest, you're probably not inhaling right...always take a deep breath in after you've got the smoke in your mouth. It took me like 3 or 4 months after I first smoked to get high, and I'm pretty sure it was for that reason.

3 or 4 months??????

Wow...it took me maybe one time of being a little high and then the second time I got high. It's a little hard to explain, because everyone's different in how they react.

DethMaiden
09-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I got high like a half dozen times this past summer just to see what all the rage was about, didn't care all that much for it, and am now pretty much done with it. Beer tastes good and produces a better feeling than weed, why the fuck would I ever need to smoke?

JRA
09-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Yea, weed is overrated.

christopher
09-18-2011, 11:22 AM
I used to smoke a lot of weed at shows, but I haven't smoked in almost four months. I don't feel the need to anymore.

Also, I love how there's a conversation about weed every ten pages or so :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2011, 11:23 AM
The tray of brownies would have been split between 3 of us. Even then, 25 bucks each isn't really worth it.

JRA
09-18-2011, 11:33 AM
I used to smoke a lot of weed at shows, but I haven't smoked in almost four months. I don't feel the need to anymore.

Also, I love how there's a conversation about weed every ten pages or so :lol:

Really? This is the first time I've noticed it in this thread. :eyes:

daimonos
09-18-2011, 11:42 AM
3 or 4 months??????

Wow...it took me maybe one time of being a little high and then the second time I got high. It's a little hard to explain, because everyone's different in how they react.

Eh, I was like 14, and I was a noob, but I basically turned into a stoner over night after the first time I got ripped, and it all went downhill from there...mmmm those were the days :bliss:

Yeah, I got high like a half dozen times this past summer just to see what all the rage was about, didn't care all that much for it, and am now pretty much done with it. Beer tastes good and produces a better feeling than weed, why the fuck would I ever need to smoke?

It's all about personal preference, really. Honestly for me pot isn't even about the 'feeling' anymore, just a psychological/relaxation kind of thing. I know people who feel the same as you, and in the end alcohol does do more to you, but I just like to enjoy both, simultaneously.

jd091
09-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah it's the same if you're in the city of Chicago. Suburbs for the win! :party:

Yeah, bought a pack of cigs last night for $9.50. :hecho: Fuck that. I only do it when I need to relieve stress, which I REALLY fucking needed last night.

daimonos
09-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Yeah, bought a pack of cigs last night for $9.50. :hecho: Fuck that. I only do it when I need to relieve stress, which I REALLY fucking needed last night.

When I go home to PA next week I'm gonna buy a couple cartons to bring back and sell in my dorm :money:

I'm still amazed by how expensive cigarettes are here. I'm glad I never really got that into them.

ravenheart
09-18-2011, 01:08 PM

Jackson May

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

ravenheart
09-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I got high like a half dozen times this past summer just to see what all the rage was about

I'm not even that curious.

jd091
09-18-2011, 01:19 PM

Jackson May
Ben Braunstien
Arman Khoshneviss

:eyes:

:lovedup:

But who is dis Jackson May you speak of? Must be some metal elitist. :tp:

To be honest, you're probably not inhaling right...always take a deep breath in after you've got the smoke in your mouth.

^

mankvill
09-18-2011, 02:18 PM
AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

I will corrupt you!

jd091
09-18-2011, 02:40 PM
This is probably the greatest tumblr ever.

http://justintimberlakedoingthings.tumblr.com/

larvtard
09-18-2011, 02:46 PM
This is probably the greatest tumblr ever.

http://justintimberlakedoingthings.tumblr.com/

I'm thinking of starting a tumblr just to compile all the socially awkward penguin pics that describe me :cool:

DethMaiden
09-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm redoing my resume in Adobe InDesign, I program that I assure you is nothing like riding a bike.

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm redoing my resume in Adobe InDesign, I program that I assure you is nothing like riding a bike.

Oh?

[Insert countless memes that no one else would get.]

DethMaiden
09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh?

[Insert countless memes that no one else would get.]

Cut it, print it.

BloodoftheKings
09-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Today the topic of the illuminati, selling souls, etc. passed weed and nickelodeon nostalgia and became my most hated topic of discussion. Seriously, my friend is getting way to into this bullshit and it's all he talks about now. When ever I tell him to stop talking about it he starts accusing me of being ignorant and brainwashed but even if I was into this shit I wouldn't wan't to talk about it all the time, I have to get ready to take my SAT's and apply to college and a secret organization that collects the souls of rappers is the last thing on my mind.

/rant

ShatteredFlame
09-18-2011, 08:06 PM
getting really addicted to that Pumped Up Kicks song. Only college song that is soothing to listen to.

Then my roommate who never stops with the Mac Miller is saying it's getting played out :bouville: . I swear I'm gonna knock him out by the end of the year.

christopher
09-18-2011, 08:15 PM
getting really addicted to that Pumped Up Kicks song. Only college song that is soothing to listen to.

Foster the Kids is the shit!! I love that whole album. I wanted to see them the day before my birthday but don't want to spend $25 to see them haha

hellawaits77ny
09-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Streaming the Eagles/Falcons game. First night back to work after vacation. Ghey

larvtard
09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
just realized I haven't seen illuminatus917 around these parts for a while...

dcmetal108
09-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Just got back from work and have to be up in 6 hours for school! :(

jd091
09-18-2011, 09:36 PM
just realized I haven't seen illuminatus917 around these parts for a while...

He's off meditating, discovering his new spiritual calling in some obscure third world country that has dirty water and unclean toilets. :tp:

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2011, 09:38 PM
New girl in my dorm....we talked about Dune and she told me that I need to read some Isaac Asimov. Wife her?

mankvill
09-18-2011, 09:49 PM
New girl in my dorm....we talked about Dune and she told me that I need to read some Isaac Asimov. Wife her?

oh lawdy

jd091
09-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Without a doubt; Foundation is the best book series ever, COME AT ME JRR TOLKEIN

illuminatus917
09-18-2011, 09:51 PM
He's off meditating, discovering his new spiritual calling in some obscure third world country that has dirty water and unclean toilets. :tp:

That would definitely be preferable to this hellacious semester.

jd091
09-18-2011, 10:09 PM
That would definitely be preferable to this hellacious semester.

Yay! He's aliiiiiiive!

MPF
09-18-2011, 10:10 PM
A good friend of mine started posting videos of his band on youtube (he's the drummer), but I think this is the wrong way to go about it.

(Posted by the singer)

if you like BEHEMOTH! go like Prophets of Isa we're a hardcore metal band who is trying to get a start in the music business, when we reach 500 fans you all get a free EP from us!!! nothing better then freeeeee!! so go like and subscribe now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_szHwv5Uaqw

Wizzbang11
09-18-2011, 10:13 PM
A good friend of mine started posting videos of his band on youtube (he's the drummer), but I think this is the wrong way to go about it.

(Posted by the singer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_szHwv5Uaqw

That was goddamn painful.

Also, Isa is Jesus, so removed from the Behemoth context its just...christian. So. Ok.

ChildrenofSodom
09-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Without a doubt; Foundation is the best book series ever, COME AT ME JRR TOLKEIN

She didn't know shit about Dune, but she highly recommended the Foundation series. I may have to do some late-night Amazoning.

MPF
09-18-2011, 10:17 PM
That was goddamn painful.

Also, Isa is Jesus, so removed from the Behemoth context its just...christian. So. Ok.

Hahahahaha. I will give them credit back when their name was Party At The Quarantine, they were much worse.

But I am friends with the drummer. In other videos he's wearing a TYR shirt. But this is bad.

I had to start laughing at the Behemoth comment, and because of what you pointed out.

illuminatus917
09-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Yay! He's aliiiiiiive!

Yeah, I still lurk here once in a while.

She didn't know shit about Dune, but she highly recommended the Foundation series. I may have to do some late-night Amazoning.

I own this set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isaac-Asimov-3-PB-Foundation-Trilogy-Avon-Box-Set-/370532381336?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item5645737298#ht_1099wt_953
and I love it more than my family.

jd091
09-19-2011, 12:02 AM
I own this set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isaac-Asimov-3-PB-Foundation-Trilogy-Avon-Box-Set-/370532381336?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item5645737298#ht_1099wt_953
and I love it more than my family.

Fucking perfection. Second Foundation was the perfect end to a perfect trilogy. Definitely the most epic trilogy ever written.

Did you ever read any of them past Second Foundation, aka Foundation's Edge or Foundation and Earth? If you have, I'd advise against it. He pretty much destroys the perfection of the universe and ruins the series in my opinion. :(

illuminatus917
09-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Fucking perfection. Second Foundation was the perfect end to a perfect trilogy. Definitely the most epic trilogy ever written.

Did you ever read any of them past Second Foundation, aka Foundation's Edge or Foundation and Earth? If you have, I'd advise against it. He pretty much destroys the perfection of the universe and ruins the series in my opinion. :(

I haven't and I never intended to.

jd091
09-19-2011, 12:16 AM
I haven't and I never intended to.

Trust me, its better that way.

MPF
09-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Two amazing things happened for me tonight:

1.) James Monteith, Guitarist of TesseracT liked my DJ page.
2.) Stu Block of Iced Earth answered a question of mine

BM: Josh Rundquist (ME) and Jerry Simko asks, “What previous Iced Earth song are you the most excited about singing live?”, and “What is your favorite Iced Earth song and album?”

SB: Oh man. Well, I’d have to say one I’m really excited to do, and I know Jon’s been sorta hinting at it, so I can say it’s [song from Horror Show].

BM: Yeah.

SB: I’m real excited to do [song from Horror Show]. It is super epic and I love the Horror Show album. For obvious reasons and the previous questions, I’m a horror movie guy. I’ve been a fan ever since Burnt Offerings, and that took me through a journey that I was fully prepared to take and just kind of got me into Iced Earth. And as soon as they put out Horror Show, I mean, I loved it, man. It took me through all of my favorite characters that I went through, and Matt just fucking brought chills up my spine, man. I’d sit there in the dark with my flashlight or whatever, like a dim light, and listen to the fucking record and just, “Oh my god.” You know?

Epidemic Reign
09-19-2011, 03:51 AM
So they never revealed which song from Horror Show?

If it's "super epic" I'm guessing Dracula or Damien...

MPF
09-19-2011, 03:55 AM
So they never revealed which song from Horror Show?

If it's "super epic" I'm guessing Dracula or Damien...

It's Damien.

If it's Dracula, He would have outright said it because they've been doing it for years now. Because he did say later in the interview that Ten Thousand Strong and Declaration Day are staying in every setlist.

Epidemic Reign
09-19-2011, 04:03 AM
It's Damien.

If it's Dracula, He would have outright said it because they've been doing it for years now. Because he did say later in the interview that Ten Thousand Strong and Declaration Day are staying in every setlist.

Sweet, Damien rocks :fist:

GarageMetal468
09-19-2011, 06:36 AM

Dude, quit before you get addicted. It is NOT a good habit to pick up on. I understand the stress part, hell, that's how I started. But I kept going and now it's just :hecho: Just some advice

jd091
09-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Dude, quit before you get addicted. It is NOT a good habit to pick up on. I understand the stress part, hell, that's how I started. But I kept going and now it's just :hecho: Just some advice

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. None of my friends do it, so I don't really have any enabling factors. And it's so damn expensive. I guess it's just up to me and how many fucks I actually give about my life at the time. :hecho:

GarageMetal468
09-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. None of my friends do it, so I don't really have any enabling factors. And it's so damn expensive. I guess it's just up to me and how many fucks I actually give about my life at the time. :hecho:

Yeah when I started it was a pretty dark and stupid time but as of now I don't really have any urge to quit. I do enjoy the act of smoking but I do keep in mind what it does.

El Gordo
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM

I smoked for about 14 years. I tried to quit numerous times and it finally stuck in November '09... one of the hardest things I've ever done. If you can avoid it, don't start. It's probably the only thing in my life I really regret doing.

jd091
09-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah when I started it was a pretty dark and stupid time but as of now I don't really have any urge to quit. I do enjoy the act of smoking but I do keep in mind what it does.

So I got one person telling me its not good, which is probably a good thing. Any opposing views/second opinions? *coughVEGANTOPHERcough*

GarageMetal468
09-19-2011, 10:29 AM
So I got one person telling me its not good, which is probably a good thing. Any opposing views/second opinions? *coughVEGANTOPHERcough*

Well what El Gordo just said...

christopher
09-19-2011, 11:23 AM

:lol: I'm always down to put my 2 cents in. I started smoking in 07, and kept it up regularly until September 30th 2010. I swore I would never smoke another cig again until I started working the 4am shifts at work and needed a few to get me through the shift. I started back up at the beginning of July. Smoking is definitely a terrible habit for someone to have and it will lead to an early death. I'll quit one day, but I enjoy it at the moment. It hasn't affected my lungs like it has for some of my friends. I can easily run for 40 minutes to an hour on a daily basis and I won't have a problem breathing. I have some friends who will become short of breath after a few minutes of running and they smoke just as often as I do.

jd091
09-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Fuck this, I'm not buying any more packs after reading this page. :lol: I'll just stick with cigars.

larvtard
09-19-2011, 12:16 PM
See, I just fucking loathe the taste of cigarettes, so I guess I'm in a good position here :lol:

jd091
09-19-2011, 12:18 PM
See, I just fucking loathe the taste of cigarettes, so I guess I'm in a good position here :lol:

They taste/smell amazing to me now, you crazy. :tongue:

larvtard
09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
They taste/smell amazing to me now, you crazy. :tongue:

You know when you're roasting marshmallows over a fire, but you accidentally burn the marshmallow completely? That's what cigarettes taste like.

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Djarum cigarettes are the only smoking things I like, and I haven't smoked one in over a year. No interest in destroying my lungs for a few minutes of pleasure.

jd091
09-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Djarum cigarettes are the only smoking things I like, and I haven't smoked one in over a year. No interest in destroying my lungs for a few minutes of pleasure.

I smoke those regularly, but I feel so goddamn fruity when I do. :hecho: Would rather just take an hour with some friends and pay up for a real, decent cigar.

Oh, and I totally listened to these fools try and justify themselves for a whole 10 minutes. Pretty fucking hard to keep myself from bursting out in laughter.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/315860_296389133710430_100000180381677_2499492_136 930475_n.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Street extremists annoy me. Go dig a fucking well, guys. Be the change you want to see; quit wasting paper.

ShatteredFlame
09-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Got this weird corrupting problem with iTunes/my external HD. I load stuff onto foobar to edit tags, album works fine but when I import it to iTunes the file corrupts. This only happens to songs on my external though and I got a message to repair it. Hopefully everything turns out fine.

I swear all these iPod problems are depressing me.

DethMaiden
09-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Fucking hell, this week is stressful.

SWEDEN TAKES OHIO this weekend though. Three shows (Evergrey, Katatonia, Opeth) in four nights! :rocker:

BloodoftheKings
09-19-2011, 05:01 PM
You know when you're roasting marshmallows over a fire, but you accidentally burn the marshmallow completely? That's what cigarettes taste like.

I do that on purpose, and I like the taste. :eyes:

Dextrimental
09-19-2011, 05:37 PM
616, the (real) number of the beast!

Epidemic Reign
09-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Waiting for the Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen, then going to pick up Gears of War 3 at midnight :party:

christopher
09-19-2011, 07:20 PM

Not if you smoke menthols :D

GarageMetal468
09-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Not if you smoke menthols :D

Oh no please don't tell me you smoke... Newports

:barf:

christopher
09-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh no please don't tell me you smoke... Newports

:barf:

Oh fuck that. I smoke American Spirit. I seriously can't smoke anything else after smoking American Spirit. The harshness of AS is the only cig that will give me a head change. Everything else is like smoking air.

christopher
09-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Watching X Men First Class and sipping on some vodka and ice tea. I have work in 8 hours and not excited about it, but it's my last shift for a week and a half :D

jd091
09-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Watching X Men First Class and sipping on some vodka and ice tea. I have work in 8 hours and not excited about it, but it's my last shift for a week and a half :D

Wasn't a fan of that movie, really. So much wasted potential to be awesome.

I approve of the vodka/iced tea, though. :D

larvtard
09-19-2011, 09:53 PM
I do that on purpose, and I like the taste. :eyes:

I did that when I was a little kid, too :lol:

RAZOR
09-19-2011, 09:58 PM
I learned my first song on guitar a little bit ago. :party:

mankvill
09-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I learned my first song on guitar a little bit ago. :party:

Smoke on the water? :D

RAZOR
09-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Smoke on the water? :D

Even better...

Jingle Bells! :lol:

christopher
09-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Even better...

Jingle Bells! :lol:

What's next? Black Sabbath? :lol:

RAZOR
09-19-2011, 10:28 PM
What's next? Black Sabbath? :lol:

Well obviously. :tongue: Black Sabbath always comes after Jingle Bells when learning guitar.

Maiden33
09-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Created this earlier and posted it on Facebook, where it has been very well received...
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10118018.jpg

Dextrimental
09-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Created this earlier and posted it on Facebook, where it has been very well received...

hahaha very good! Virtually noone in my friends list would get that unfortunately...!

illuminatus917
09-19-2011, 10:58 PM
I wonder how many of those street extremists have read Das Kapital.

Epidemic Reign
09-19-2011, 11:03 PM

BLASPHEMY :flame:

brutal_descent
09-20-2011, 06:07 AM

Me too. :tongue:

I've tried it more than once but I never did like the taste.

GarageMetal468
09-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Oh fuck that. I smoke American Spirit. I seriously can't smoke anything else after smoking American Spirit. The harshness of AS is the only cig that will give me a head change. Everything else is like smoking air.

Ah, AS's were actually my first cigarette ever. They're ok, not something I'd smoke on a regular basis, though. Right now I've been digging Marlboro 27s, and on occasion the new special blends or reds.

ShatteredFlame
09-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Cab to my college to Webster Theater is $50, so $100 total there and back. Opeth ticket is $28.

wow transportation in CT fucking blows if you don't have a car. I'm not finding any trains/buses that go there and apparently it's in a bad neighborhood.

EDIT: wait it would take almost 4 hours to get there taking 6 buses. Only a 25 minute drive by car.

larvtard
09-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Cab to my college to Webster Theater is $50, so $100 total there and back. Opeth ticket is $28.

wow transportation in CT fucking blows if you don't have a car. I'm not finding any trains/buses that go there and apparently it's in a bad neighborhood.

EDIT: wait it would take almost 4 hours to get there taking 6 buses. Only a 25 minute drive by car.

Or you could try to find someone to drive you? Local metalheads? Upperclassmen?

ShatteredFlame
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
yeah I've been trying for the past 3 weeks but people have work to do on a Tuesday night. Also hipsters don't own cars.

Akumu
09-20-2011, 11:21 AM

I was about to say "wait, aren't you around New Haven?" and then realized that you're in New Britain. Yeah, our transportation is really crap. Sorry about that. :/

JRA
09-20-2011, 11:34 AM
I've been trying to listen to Pierced From Within for the last half hour on my iPod is being a fucking asshole! Now it's not even registering any music on it.:mad:

Wizzbang11
09-20-2011, 01:08 PM
I've been trying to listen to Pierced From Within for the last half hour on my iPod is being a fucking asshole! Now it's not even registering any music on it.:mad:

Sounds like your database is corrupted, aka reformat it and it will begin to die slowly over a period of months before it's inevitable demise. Happens to everyone I know :(

JRA
09-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Too late, the damn thing has already shit the bed. Fuck you Apple.

Oh well, at least this one lasted a little over 2 & 2/3 years.

SomewhereInTime72
09-20-2011, 01:14 PM

........this is the only way I can even stand to roast my marshmallows anymore.

........time to unquit smoking.

GarageMetal468
09-20-2011, 01:17 PM

Don't do it man! If you managed to quit before and not go back, you have no reason to start up again! :snivel:

larvtard
09-20-2011, 01:18 PM

:lol: Sorry...

SomewhereInTime72
09-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I jest about the latter part, but I loved my marshmallows completely charred. :eyes:

mankvill
09-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Too late, the damn thing has already shit the bed. Fuck you Apple.

Oh well, at least this one lasted a little over 2 & 2/3 years.

My Zune has lasted almost 4 years with nary a problem :cool:

ravenheart
09-20-2011, 03:21 PM
My Zune has lasted almost 4 years with nary a problem :cool:

Same for my Zen.

christopher
09-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I have always been very bad with using spare change, so I just put it in a drawer every night. Every 8 months or so I realize the drawer is full and count out all the change and wrap it up. I just counted out $96 worth of quarters, nickels and dimes :D I'm going to go cash it in at the bank, gas up my car, then use the rest for my Grave ticket tonight and alcohol:party:

larvtard
09-20-2011, 06:04 PM
I have always been very bad with using spare change, so I just put it in a drawer every night. Every 8 months or so I realize the drawer is full and count out all the change and wrap it up. I just counted out $96 worth of quarters, nickels and dimes :D I'm going to go cash it in at the bank, gas up my car, then use the rest for my Grave ticket tonight and alcohol:party:

It's funny, I'm always picking up coins from the ground, but I never put them in a drawer or anything... I'd be one rich mofo if I did, though :cool:

treghet
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM

See you in a bit! :fist:

JRA
09-20-2011, 09:28 PM
A quote from youtube I think Brad will appreciate.

Bateman`s killing sprees didn`t confirm his derangement.....but thinking post-1980 Genesis is better than pre-1980 Genesis certainly did....

Wizzbang11
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Well, Drive was the best movie Ive seen in a long time and facebook turned itself into a piece of shit. Huh.

christopher
09-21-2011, 01:04 AM
I just got home from Grave. Fucking sick!!! I was glad to hang out with treghet and meet srm90. I couldn't find Sep at all!!! I guess we just aren't met to meet yet :(

christopher
09-21-2011, 01:12 AM
I wish people would shut the fuck up about the new facebook layout. I went to my news feed and everything is about the change:bouville:

El Gordo
09-21-2011, 03:26 AM
A quote from youtube I think Brad will appreciate.

Bateman`s killing sprees didn`t confirm his derangement.....but thinking post-1980 Genesis is better than pre-1980 Genesis certainly did....

:lol: Whether Brad does or not, I definitely do!

jd091
09-21-2011, 07:24 AM
I don't know how I didn't know this before, but I just learned that Neil Fallon does guest vocals on Blood and Thunder! :eek:

larvtard
09-21-2011, 07:34 AM
I don't know how I didn't know this before, but I just learned that Neil Fallon does guest vocals on Blood and Thunder! :eek:

It's okay. They don't really make it too obvious that someone else is doing the vocals for that part. Doesn't sound too different than the rest of the vocals in the song, anyway.

ravenheart
09-21-2011, 08:02 AM
facebook turned itself into a piece of shit...

... in 2003.

mankvill
09-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, Drive was the best movie Ive seen in a long time and facebook turned itself into a piece of shit. Huh.

Drive actually looks surprisingly good

jd091
09-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Drive actually looks surprisingly good

This; I'm going out this weekend to see it!

Wizzbang11
09-21-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm telling you it's amazing, annnnd shockingly violent.

TonyD
09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I would totally go see it if my gf wouldn't be masturbating to that guy for the next week.

ShatteredFlame
09-21-2011, 11:33 AM
yes Drive and Kyuss Lives! gonna be a good weekend!

GarageMetal468
09-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah, the new facebook layout gives me a migraine. I think I'll stick to it on my phone, at least it's fully functional and, you know, not one big clusterfuck there.

jd091
09-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah, the new facebook layout gives me a migraine. I think I'll stick to it on my phone, at least it's fully functional and, you know, not one big clusterfuck there.

If you switch your language to English (UK) it fixes it. :cool:

brutal_descent
09-21-2011, 12:24 PM
If you switch your language to English (UK) it fixes it. :cool:

It didn't for me.

GarageMetal468
09-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah same here, I don't see how changing the language would make a difference...

Anyway I'm bored as all hell right now. I do have 2 exams in the next two days but I've studied enough for them and the second one is easy as hell to begin with anyway. If I study too much I stress out and do worse, it's weird.

jd091
09-21-2011, 03:30 PM
It didn't for me.

Yeah same here, I don't see how changing the language would make a difference...

Ah, oh well. That's what one of my friends told me, apparently its not true. I don't really mind the changes... :eyes:

larvtard
09-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Ah, oh well. That's what one of my friends told me, apparently its not true. I don't really mind the changes... :eyes:

Yeah, they're not drastic at all. Besides, it makes stalking so much easier :D

ShatteredFlame
09-21-2011, 03:51 PM
I am confused as hell with the changes. I doubt anyone has assembled stuff into groups.

Akumu
09-21-2011, 03:54 PM

It worked for me for like, a half hour this morning. Then it autoforced me. :/

ShatteredFlame
09-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Friend got pissed at me and told me I'm not black cause I texted "where u at"

:confused:

So just because I didn't write "where r u" I'm trying to act black :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
5 days on campus and here is the metalheadcount (c wut eye did thar?)

One Dragonforce shirt, One Disturbed shirt, One Trapped Under Ice shirt. The TUI guy actually called me over when he saw my Megadeth shirt. Today, I saw a tall hairy guy with an inverted cross necklace, all black clothes, chains, Norseman beard. He was talking hand-in-hand with a very pale, pimply, redhead chick in a Burzum shirt (cool). They looked like the least friendly people on campus, so I didn't say anything to them. They might have rolled their eyes at my Darkest Hour shirt.

Can't win with these people. I think I'm going to give band shirts another year or two...

ShatteredFlame
09-21-2011, 06:47 PM
I've been only seeing deathcore tees recently. I gave up on jd's list around the 3rd album.

larvtard
09-21-2011, 06:51 PM
I saw someone in a Slayer shirt, so I talked to him; turns out he's a huge metalhead. We're friends now. I also see a lot of Metallica shirts. I saw a guy in a The Acacia Strain shirt, and I actually told him "nice shirt" :barf:

I see SO many Dropkick Murphys shirts around cammpus. It must because they're from Boston.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Oh, on that subject: someone commented on my Revocation t-shirt today. I got excited and started talking to him, but he was talking so quietly, I couldn't hear him, so I gave up. Now I feel like an asshole because I'm probably that guy in most situations :(

El Gordo
09-21-2011, 07:13 PM
You guys should stop worrying about what t-shirts people are wearing. Seriously.

mankvill
09-21-2011, 07:14 PM
I went to a bar tonight in my Ares Kingdom shirt and got my dick sucked in the bathroom by two of the hottest chicks I'd ever seen.

BloodoftheKings
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I went to a bar tonight in my Ares Kingdom shirt and got my dick sucked in the bathroom by two of the hottest chicks I'd ever seen.

pics or it didn't happen.

GarageMetal468
09-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Got a business statistics exam tomorrow morning... Not sure what to think of it, all this is pretty basic and I've learned all of it before, but from what I hear from rateyourprofessor.com is that the exams for this class are just downright ridiculous and confusing. Then again, the people on that site write bad reviews and talk shit about teachers to justify for their laziness and shitty grades, so I don't know.

What I do know though is that my teacher is a flat out dick. If one person packs up early at the end of class he gives us a graded quiz. Happened on Tuesday and would've kept us past the time it was supposed to end if everyone hadn't said "fuck it" and left after the quiz. He's not a great teacher either, there have been tons of times where we had to correct shit for him. We'll see what happens tomorrow. It's either gonna be a huge joke or one big mindfuck.

jd091
09-21-2011, 07:30 PM
One Trapped Under Ice shirt. The TUI guy actually called me over when he saw my Megadeth shirt.

Awesome! I wish there was another person here other than me that wears Trapped Under Ice shirts... I did get someone to say to me once, "isn't that a Metallica song?"

/facepalm

And I TOTALLY saw a hot girl with an Every Time I Die shirt today, but I didn't say anything! I'm kicking myself right now...

GarageMetal468
09-21-2011, 07:31 PM
And I TOTALLY saw a hot girl with an Every Time I Die shirt today, but I didn't say anything! I'm kicking myself right now...

OH, at walgreens today I saw a hot girl with tattoos (good ones, too) with a Keepers of the Faith hoodie... what would you have done then? :lol:

Akumu
09-21-2011, 07:43 PM
There's a dude in my Soc. Problems class who came in with a Nevermore shirt last week, and I was able to chat with him yesterday about Sanctuary, Opeth, and Katatonia. He's kinda quiet though. :P

ChildrenofSodom
09-21-2011, 07:46 PM
You guys should stop worrying about what t-shirts people are wearing. Seriously.

I'm not "worried." I just wish there were some folks in town that I could go to metal shows with. As of right now, I'm going to three shows in October (Enslaved, Devin Townsend, and Skeletonwitch) by myself. There are 60,000 people at my school; I should be able to find at least a few folks who are also going. And the t-shirt is the best way to advertise that you're game for going to shows.

jd091
09-21-2011, 07:50 PM
OH, at walgreens today I saw a hot girl with tattoos (good ones, too) with a Keepers of the Faith hoodie... what would you have done then? :lol:

I would have wifed. On the motherfucking spot.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

larvtard
09-21-2011, 07:52 PM

Dude. Even I would've said something.

jd091
09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Dude. Even I would've said something.

She turned the corner, I saw her in the shirt, by the time I processed it was an ETID shirt, she was walking away...

:(

larvtard
09-21-2011, 08:02 PM
She turned the corner, I saw her in the shirt, by the time I processed it was an ETID shirt, she was walking away...

Oh. Well, in that case I would've done the same thing :cool:

jd091
09-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh. Well, in that case I would've done the same thing :cool:

If it was at a party, man... oh shit, I can't even process the possibilities! :eek:

SomewhereInTime72
09-21-2011, 08:09 PM
This page just got a little silly.

jd091
09-21-2011, 08:11 PM
This page just got a little silly.

"Panties in a bunch thread", PART IV????

MPF
09-21-2011, 08:13 PM
it didn't happen.

I gotta agree.

mankvill
09-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm not "worried." I just wish there were some folks in town that I could go to metal shows with. As of right now, I'm going to three shows in October (Enslaved, Devin Townsend, and Skeletonwitch) by myself. There are 60,000 people at my school; I should be able to find at least a few folks who are also going. And the t-shirt is the best way to advertise that you're game for going to shows.

Ended up meeting most of my friends I go to shows with because I went to my shows in college alone.

JRA
09-21-2011, 08:21 PM
and my iPod just died again. Apparently the fucksticks at Best Buy thought my iPod was a Windows so they reformatted it to Windows. Are these fuckin things down to $50 yet?

Wizzbang11
09-21-2011, 08:26 PM
I've done the metal chick thing, honestly, eh.
While it's a cool way to meet people, if that's the reason youre together it's not that awesome.

larvtard
09-21-2011, 09:21 PM
I've done the metal chick thing, honestly, eh.
While it's a cool way to meet people, if that's the reason youre together it's not that awesome.

I totally know what you're saying, but consider my side: rarely do I ever just randomly go up to a random person and start talking to him/her (we all know I'm actually talking about girls here, so I'll just go with her). If that girl had a metal shirt, it would be easier for me to talk to her, because I would have something to talk about. It may turn out that the relationship with the girl isn't based on metal; rather, metal was the jumping off point, if that makes any sense.

Wizzbang11
09-21-2011, 09:34 PM
I totally know what you're saying, but consider my side: rarely do I ever just randomly go up to a random person and start talking to him/her (we all know I'm actually talking about girls here, so I'll just go with her). If that girl had a metal shirt, it would be easier for me to talk to her, because I would have something to talk about. It may turn out that the relationship with the girl isn't based on metal; rather, metal was the jumping off point, if that makes any sense.

Totally, I'm just saying careful. Just cuz they like metal doesn't mean they don't pull the same retarded shit everyone else does.

RAZOR
09-21-2011, 09:37 PM
You guys are silly. :tongue:

moobys37
09-21-2011, 10:16 PM
You guys are silly. :tongue:

They're just jealous we're going to lunch before Enslaved Saturday.

daimonos
09-21-2011, 10:19 PM

You should get lunch here (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=242530902448201&ref=ts). My band plays at 2:40.

RAZOR
09-21-2011, 10:32 PM

They must be. ;D

jd091
09-21-2011, 11:14 PM

They must be. ;D

POST SETS!

christopher
09-21-2011, 11:51 PM
I had a really good last night of summer before going back to classes tomorrow. I went and got dinner with the girl, then went to Dave and Busters for a few hours of drinks and games. I used my tickets to get a shot glass and as I'm writing this out, I realized I left my shot glass at the bar when I went to pay my tip...fml:bouville:

jd091
09-22-2011, 12:11 AM
I had a really good last night of summer before going back to classes tomorrow. I went and got dinner with the girl, then went to Dave and Busters for a few hours of drinks and games. I used my tickets to get a shot glass and as I'm writing this out, I realized I left my shot glass at the bar when I went to pay my tip...fml:bouville:

http://chanarchive.org/content/25_sp/13429037/1310102025471.jpg

OraclesofAgony
09-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Having one last hurrah before school starts tomorrow (today). I probably shouldn't be drinking right now but oh well.

This next shot is for vegantopher. :lol:

christopher
09-22-2011, 12:53 AM
This next shot is for vegantopher. :lol:

:lol: good one man. I need to get more alcohol in me before I sleep and school tomorrow haha but I don't want to drive to the store at this point.

daimonos
09-22-2011, 05:50 AM

I'm actually thinking about leaving the fest early and heading to Mr. Smalls to catch the Enslaved show. I'm going to see it in Chicago no matter what, but I'm visiting home this weekend so it's just good timing. I'll have to see what my friends are doling.

ravenheart
09-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Wondering what to spend a 5 Amazon voucher on.

Thinking I might get a new release while it's still a new release for a change! :lol:

GarageMetal468
09-22-2011, 07:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osq-Pmb8g3s

Does someone wanna explain to me what in the living hell is going on in this video...

ShatteredFlame
09-22-2011, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osq-Pmb8g3s

Does someone wanna explain to me what in the living hell is going on in this video...

:lol: made my morning

ShatteredFlame
09-22-2011, 09:17 AM
So for Media Studies class I have to find the most offensive lyrics I can find without under the conditions that on the radio it wouldn't be bleeped.

I'm thinking of going with a Puscifer song but you guys got any metal songs in mind? :lol: