PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Crionics
09-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Terrible first week of school, the last five days have felt like five months..I don't know how to feel.

idrinkwine732
09-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Terrible first week of school, the last five days have felt like five months..I don't know how to feel.

You're at UVA right? Are you in the dorms?

Crionics
09-09-2011, 04:43 PM
You're at UVA right? Are you in the dorms?

Nah I'm still in high school, senior year. I want to go to UVA though.

BloodoftheKings
09-09-2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/09/odd-future-show-coming-to-adult-swim-in-2012/

Why?

hellawaits77ny
09-09-2011, 05:02 PM
:horns:My buddy went out of town for the weekend and asked me to stay at his badass house and take care of his dog. Four days of drinking, movies and blasting metals on his killer sound system... I'm in heaven :party:

Dude, you gotta get some broads over there and do some work on 'em :horns:

makethemsuffer12
09-09-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/09/odd-future-show-coming-to-adult-swim-in-2012/

Why?

zomg sellouts

mankvill
09-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Is there such a thing like a reverse bucket list? If so, I can add "see My Chemical Romance" to that list.

Epidemic Reign
09-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Is there such a thing like a reverse bucket list? If so, I can add "see My Chemical Romance" to that list.

Yeah, it just sucks cause once you've inadvertently done one of the things on your reverse bucket list, you'll never have it completed.

Maiden33
09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm really getting sick of these (primarily younger local) bands who think they're too good to list their influences on their band pages, or say shit like "We don't sound like anybody else, durrr" - Get over yourself. If you're in a band you should be as proud of where you come from as you are of where you're going. Chances are if you do this shit, you're either really insecure, or totally suck - probably both.

mankvill
09-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Seeing blink-182 tonight pretty much capped off my first ten years of seeing concerts. Mazel tov!

Dextrimental
09-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm really getting sick of these (primarily younger local) bands who think they're too good to list their influences on their band pages, or say shit like "We don't sound like anybody else, durrr" - Get over yourself. If you're in a band you should be as proud of where you come from as you are of where you're going. Chances are if you do this shit, you're either really insecure, or totally suck - probably both.

I find the best acts are the ones who can't talk enough about their artists and where their playing came from. Its more modest to show where you're getting inspiration, and acknowledge that the ideas you're coming up with aren't totally original, but more a merging of two ingredients that someone else had not yet thought to merge.

ChildrenofSodom
09-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Not really that big of a deal...I'm sure there are worse things in the world to direct your anger.

Maiden33
09-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Not really that big of a deal...I'm sure there are worse things in the world to direct your anger.

I get this a lot... and I think it's honestly because people don't understand how little things actually bother me even if I bother to post about being angry about them. I'm not literally ANGRY - just a little annoyed, it's a pet peeve of mine, that's all. Not that I feel it needs justification, but I am in a band on the local level, and have to deal with many bands on the local level, so I have a lot more exposure to some of this sort of stuff than the average non-musician does.

GarageMetal468
09-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Holy fuck Grave was intense! Blood Red Throne were sick as hell too! There was a HUGE fight in the middle of Grave's set, shit was really messed up. Don't know exactly what happened but a bunch of people got kicked out. This happens way too many times at shows in Chicago. I've seen fights at Immortal (hey JRA, jk that was fucking awesome!), Desaster, Destruction, Immolation, probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Oh, and forgot to mention, jd will know this: I'm almost positive that the frog leap guy from Magrudergrind was there! He wasn't doing any of his stupid shit though, he'd definitely get his ass kicked at a Grave show doing that

Wizzbang11
09-10-2011, 07:10 AM
http://ancientdarkness.dk/picture/illud01.jpg

mankvill
09-10-2011, 07:39 AM
^ faggots

makethemsuffer12
09-10-2011, 08:49 AM

:lol: That's a great way of spending 200 bucks (or however much the thing costed).

I do like some of the album, though. :eyes:

IrritatedTrout
09-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Shit, is that the box set version?

jd091
09-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Holy fuck Grave was intense! Blood Red Throne were sick as hell too! There was a HUGE fight in the middle of Grave's set, shit was really messed up. Don't know exactly what happened but a bunch of people got kicked out. This happens way too many times at shows in Chicago. I've seen fights at Immortal (hey JRA, jk that was fucking awesome!), Desaster, Destruction, Immolation, probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

EDIT: Oh, and forgot to mention, jd will know this: I'm almost positive that the frog leap guy from Magrudergrind was there! He wasn't doing any of his stupid shit though, he'd definitely get his ass kicked at a Grave show doing that

Dang, sounds intense! Writing a review? Really wish I went to that show, now. My night turned out to be pretty shitty, but I won't bore you guys with details. And I don't remember seeing fights at reggies in the past... especially at Immolation. But I was on the rail the whole time, so that might have been it.

And by "frog leap guy", you mean that skinny ass kid who didn't have a shirt and kept running around like an ape? :lol: :lol: That kid was hilarious! Were there many people at the show for a reggies show?

GarageMetal468
09-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Dang, sounds intense! Writing a review? Really wish I went to that show, now. My night turned out to be pretty shitty, but I won't bore you guys with details. And I don't remember seeing fights at reggies in the past... especially at Immolation. But I was on the rail the whole time, so that might have been it.

And by "frog leap guy", you mean that skinny ass kid who didn't have a shirt and kept running around like an ape? :lol: :lol: That kid was hilarious! Weretere many people at the show for a reggies show?

Not gonna bother with a review, I only watched like 2 songs from Pathology, all of Blood Red Throne's and Grave's sets and I don't know the set lists for the openers. Grave's was the same but they cut out a song since the show was running late. And the fights always happen in the pit, so yeah you may have not seen it at Immolation.

And yeah that's the guy! I said that it was him to Brian and he's like "Are you fucking kidding me... if he does that shit again we're beating his ass" :lol:

And the venue was like half full, not a lot of people really. But Grave still kicked ass regardless.

jd091
09-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Not gonna bother with a review, I only watched like 2 songs from Pathology, all of Blood Red Throne's and Grave's sets and I don't know the set lists for the openers. Grave's was the same but they cut out a song since the show was running late. And the fights always happen in the pit, so yeah you may have not seen it at Immolation.

And yeah that's the guy! I said that it was him to Brian and he's like "Are you fucking kidding me... if he does that shit again we're beating his ass" :lol:

And the venue was like half full, not a lot of people really. But Grave still kicked ass regardless.

Gotcha. I always liked pathology, too. Decent slam metal. :D

daimonos
09-10-2011, 11:00 AM

I didn't know about that show, but I was going to check out Record Breakers yesterday afternoon, and I ran into some bearded dude in the back alley who looked like a metal head, and he asked me for a cig. Two minutes later I found out about the show, and was just like "Damn, that was some dude from one of the bands." I think he might've been in BRT.

powerslave_85
09-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm back from two days without a computer. My home internet and my work computer coincidentally were both down at the same time :hecho: :hecho:

jd091
09-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Okay, serious hypothetical question time:

Do you guys have any experience/know anyone who has experience using a fake ID to get into a concert? Have you/they ever succeeded, and if you/they haven't, what was the worst that happened?

Hypothetical, of course.

BloodoftheKings
09-10-2011, 06:30 PM

Do you guys have any experience/know anyone who has experience using a fake ID to get into a concert? Have you/they ever succeeded, and if you/they haven't, what was the worst that happened?

Hypothetical, of course.

I made a thread about this once.

mankvill
09-10-2011, 06:39 PM

Hypothetical, of course.

When I went to Exodus, I tried using my regular ID to get in. I was 20, they said I couldn't. Not a big deal, I'd just watch from outside.

As I was outside, I met the guys from Hammerlord and so many other people, and they would've gotten me in had I not tried with my normal ID earlier.

So...don't do that.

MPF
09-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Lynyrd Skynyrd is playing a half a mile from my house on my town's old high school football field.

I'm occasionally sitting on my deck enjoying it. Hell it's not often live music comes here. why not enjoy it?

ShatteredFlame
09-10-2011, 09:51 PM
"Adult Swim announced it has picked up the live-action series Loiter Squad, a 15 minute live-action show that features sketches, man on the street segments, pranks and music from Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All. The cast, featuring the Los Angeles collective of rappers, artists, and skateboarders, channel their multi-faceted creative talents in this Jackass-style showcase"

can't be worse than most of the crap Adult Swim has on today.

MPF
09-10-2011, 10:17 PM

Who the fuck is Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All?

slapguitarer
09-10-2011, 10:23 PM

Where the fuck have you been?

mankvill
09-10-2011, 10:27 PM

he mad

MPF
09-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Where the fuck have you been?

Getting laid?

Unless it's Rock or Metal, I don't keep tabs on it.

christopher
09-10-2011, 11:45 PM
AMERICA...FUCK YEAH!!

christopher
09-10-2011, 11:50 PM
AMERICA...FUCK YEAH!!

Goddammit, I tried to make fuck yeah bigger than america but it failed

jd091
09-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Goddammit, I tried to make fuck yeah bigger than america but it failed

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/meh.ro7280.jpg

:fist:

christopher
09-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Its time to get drunk and celebrate 9/11/2001 because Leftover Crack's first album Mediocre Generica came out that tower tumbling morning :D I am forever grateful to have it in my life.

OraclesofAgony
09-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Just got back from seeing Down. Fuckin crazy show.

And my Fleshgod Mafia shirt finally came in the mail. So stoked.

GarageMetal468
09-11-2011, 05:50 AM

Seriously? People have been wanting new Venture Bros for almost a year now and they give us this shit instead? God damn, this and Avenged Sevenfold touring for the 3rd time in less than a year is just frustrating

Wizzbang11
09-11-2011, 06:23 AM

That shitty rap band with Tyler the Creator that all the hipsters have been raving about for the past few months.

GarageMetal468
09-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Its time to get drunk and celebrate 9/11/2001 because Leftover Crack's first album Mediocre Generica came out that tower tumbling morning :D I am forever grateful to have it in my life.

Saw this:

Ten years ago on this very day something happened that has affected all of our lives. Something that has touched us deeply and should never be forgotten. Ten years ago on September 11th, 2001...

Slayer released "God Hates Us All".

:lol:

idrinkwine732
09-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Getting laid?

Unless it's Rock or Metal, I don't keep tabs on it.

Anyone who has gotten laid in the last 8 months has heard of Odd Future.

brutal_descent
09-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Anyone who has gotten laid in the last 8 months has heard of Odd Future.

I'd say that's pushing it. :tp:

DethMaiden
09-11-2011, 07:40 AM
I'd wager that more Odd Future fans are getting laid than Mike Portnoy fans on average. Not sure what MPF's argument there was with regard to the correlation between liking popular music and getting tail.

ShatteredFlame
09-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Seriously? People have been wanting new Venture Bros for almost a year now and they give us this shit instead? God damn, this and Avenged Sevenfold touring for the 3rd time in less than a year is just frustrating

I was talking more about all the random live action shows they have been making that last a season because they are so poorly done. Can't be worse than those :tongue:

And there were surprisingly a lot of hot girls at the Odd Future show I went to, which was at a small ass venue. I was surprised girls would even listen to it.

DethMaiden
09-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Here's a piece I contributed to/edited about the best art inspired by 9/11:

http://www.idsnews.com/news/weekend/story.aspx?id=82739

larvtard
09-11-2011, 09:35 AM
I'd wager that more Odd Future fans are getting laid than Mike Portnoy fans on average. Not sure what MPF's argument there was with regard to the correlation between liking popular music and getting tail.

:lol: :fist:

Maiden33
09-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Are we SERIOUSLY having this discussion?

IrritatedTrout
09-11-2011, 09:51 AM

A bunch of assholes.

ShatteredFlame
09-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Are we SERIOUSLY having this discussion?

Agreed lets not turn this into BrooklynVegan

"sausage"

ShatteredFlame
09-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Anyway Happy 9/11 :jima:

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Still can't get into Tyler, the Creator. But the war between his fans and Lil Wayne fans, who call each other faggots all over youtube, is getting annoying. Both are GREATLY over-rated.

In other news, Nas and Damien Marley's collaboration is badass. :D

ShatteredFlame
09-11-2011, 10:23 AM
That happens? What is weird is Tyler loves Lil Wayne. They are even on the same track in the new Game album.

And I love Distant Relatives.

MPF
09-11-2011, 12:52 PM
That shitty rap band with Tyler the Creator that all the hipsters have been raving about for the past few months.

That would definitely explain why I haven't heard of them.

MPF
09-11-2011, 12:56 PM

It was the only argument I had. And that's not what MPF stands for actually. The initials fit, but no, that's not it.

jd091
09-11-2011, 12:58 PM
That would definitely explain why I haven't heard of them.

But you post on this board.

HOW HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED

treghet
09-11-2011, 01:03 PM

HOW HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED

cuz he's been gettin laid bro.

MPF
09-11-2011, 01:03 PM

HOW HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED

Calm down guy.

I just...haven't. No other way to describe it. I'm not a hipster, there is very little rap I listen to, and my cable company took away Cartoon Network a couple years ago.

So, yeah, I haven't heard of them.

DethMaiden
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM

HOW HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED

This.

cuz he's been gettin laid bro.

But mostly this.

Listen, I like about five Tyler songs total and find OFWGKTA interesting but far from musical saviors. Nothing by any of them will sniff my year-end list. But quit acting like there's something to be proud of in being out of tune with what's happening in music. "I'm so true, I don't even know what this huge phenomenon is!" If there's some war going on that doesn't involve your country do you loudly announce that you don't know about that too?

treghet
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
EDIT... Brad's post > mine.

larvtard
09-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah, that "I've been getting laid" response was pretty weak. Odd Future is popular enough that you'd know about them just from daily interactions with people. You wouldn't have to frequent this board to know about them (and you do seem to frequent here, so... ;))

If you were getting laid that much, how would you know about all these underground metal bands, anyway?

MPF
09-11-2011, 01:16 PM
This.

But mostly this.

Listen, I like about five Tyler songs total and find OFWGKTA interesting but far from musical saviors. Nothing by any of them will sniff my year-end list. But quit acting like there's something to be proud of in being out of tune with what's happening in music. "I'm so true, I don't even know what this huge phenomenon is!" If there's some war going on that doesn't involve your country do you loudly announce that you don't know about that too?

Where am I acting like I'm proud of not knowing who they are? The getting laid quote was a joke. Anyone who knows me would know that. I'm sorry I didn't add ":tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:;););)" After it to show it was a joke.

Honestly I'm not saying I'm proud of it, I just don't know them. I'm sorry I don't check every single thread here, and every single post. Damn. If you noticed the first thing I typed about them, I asked who they are. Did I say that I don't know who these guys are and I'm proud of it? No I didn't.

And what the fuck does my country of origin have to do with anything? I don't get that at all.

Seriously, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not calling anyone here a hipster, I'm not doing anything. And again I'm sorry for not keeping tabs on stuff I don't know about. I'll start looking up Quantum Physics and Egyptian Burial grounds as well now because of this discussion...

mankvill
09-11-2011, 01:22 PM
i extremely enjoy tyler the creator and ofwgkta and there's not a goddamn thing you faggots can do about it

es156
09-11-2011, 01:25 PM

Huge phenomenon? And correlating it as being as newsworthy as a war? Get a grip man. I have not ever heard a single mention of this person or band except for on this board. Nowhere else.

(And yeah, I know... I may be old and out of touch, but still.)

es156
09-11-2011, 01:27 PM
i extremely enjoy tyler the creator and ofwgkta and there's not a goddamn thing you faggots can do about it

We can make fun of the Chiefs.

;)

ravenheart
09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't know who they are... and don't care that I don't know.

DethMaiden
09-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I seriously have no idea how deeply your head would have to be buried in the sand to not know who OFWGKTA is at this point. All the television appearances, music videos, Tyler's VMA, every pop culture and music publication on the globe having done a minimum of ten stories on them by now...

I'm just curious, do you people who don't know Odd Future know, say, Bon Iver? Arcade Fire? St. Vincent? Washed Out? Vampire Weekend? I don't even like a lot of these acts but to somehow not know who they are -- and bear in mind that Odd Future is bigger right now than all of them except maybe Bon Iver and Arcade Fire -- is just beyond me.

ravenheart
09-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Let's see, I've heard of Bon Iver, Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend. Not the others.

Bear in mind I don't listen to the radio, watch awards shows, watch music video channels, or read magazines. None of them are of any use to me.

MPF
09-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Let's see, I've heard of Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend. Not the others.

Bear in mind I don't listen to the radio, watch awards shows, watch music video channels, or read magazines. None of them are of any use to me.

This!

ravenheart
09-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Even then, I'm fairly certain Odd Future and associated acts aren't anywhere near as big here as they seem to be in the US.

Dextrimental
09-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Even then, I'm fairly certain Odd Future and associated acts aren't anywhere near as big here as they seem to be in the US.

They're not. Arcade Fire are fairly big though, they play stadium shows and headline festivals.

ravenheart
09-11-2011, 02:07 PM
They're not. Arcade Fire are fairly big though, they play stadium shows and headline festivals.

Oh yeah, I think they headlined a couple of nights at the O2 Arena in London recently.

Dextrimental
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Oh yeah, I think they headlined a couple of nights at the O2 Arena in London recently.

They did the o2 here and headlined Oxegen the same year. They also got absolutely slated for winning the best album grammy I think it was last year, it was quite funny seeing Lady Gaga and Eminem fans get so worked up about it!

daimonos
09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm just curious, do you people who don't know Odd Future know, say, Bon Iver? Arcade Fire? St. Vincent? Washed Out? Vampire Weekend? I don't even like a lot of these acts but to somehow not know who they are -- and bear in mind that Odd Future is bigger right now than all of them except maybe Bon Iver and Arcade Fire -- is just beyond me.

I hadn't heard of Tyler the Creator or OFWGKTA until everyone here started freaking out about them. And actually, I haven't heard of anything else you just mentioned, except for Arcade Fire, who I only know because they opened for Kiss. I was actually extremely shocked whenever I found out that they were actually a popular band. I didn't know about them, or their popularity because frankly, I didn't care, and I still don't. I'm not trying to be trve or kvlt, either, that's just the way it is. If the music doesn't interest me, I don't go out of my way to learn anything about it. I'm so out of touch with any and all music thats popular, that it's actually kind of embarrassing sometimes, especially since I've been at school. Everyone is talking about these bands then they look like they're going to shit themselves when I say I've never heard of them. For example, I had no idea who Lupe Fiasco was until yesterday, and I still don't. I just know the name now, and that's all that I'm going to know about him, because thats as much as I care.

Make sense?

DethMaiden
09-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm just shocked that you don't, like, accidentally know those acts. :lol: I suppose they aren't so ubiquitous that you could never manage to not know them, but I guess I get it. I'm steeped in this stuff by the nature of my work, so of course I know them, and maybe I don't have the best radar for knowing who everyone knows and who rockcrit types know.

I still hold that bothering to come on here talking about how you don't know who certain popular/critic-approved bands are is just waving a flag of ignorance that shows that you're not interested. I mean, honestly, who fucking cares that you don't know them? I don't know most of the thrash bands on what's his face's thread in Album Reviews, but I didn't go in there and say "I've never heard of this band" after every other entry, because hey, if you love thrash enough to get to know all those obscure bands, eat your heart out, you know?

ravenheart
09-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I still hold that bothering to come on here talking about how you don't know who certain popular/critic-approved bands are is just waving a flag of ignorance that shows that you're not interested. I mean, honestly, who fucking cares that you don't know them? I don't know most of the thrash bands on what's his face's thread in Album Reviews, but I didn't go in there and say "I've never heard of this band" after every other entry, because hey, if you love thrash enough to get to know all those obscure bands, eat your heart out, you know?

You're right, as much as a few of them deny it, there are some people who do just that. As you said earlier, like it's some kind of mark of pride. I could do it with all the weird and wonderful death/grind/shit (;)) bands manks comes up with, but what would be the point? That was kind of my point when I said I don't care that I don't know who some act or other is. Because it doesn't matter and no one should care.

JRA
09-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I've still never heard Skid Row's "I Remember You."

ravenheart
09-11-2011, 02:34 PM
I've still never heard Skid Row's "I Remember You."

Listen to "I Remember You Too" instead :eyes:

MPF
09-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm just shocked that you don't, like, accidentally know those acts. :lol: I suppose they aren't so ubiquitous that you could never manage to not know them, but I guess I get it. I'm steeped in this stuff by the nature of my work, so of course I know them, and maybe I don't have the best radar for knowing who everyone knows and who rockcrit types know.

Wow, you sound very pissed off at me...

I said I didn't know one group and I asked who they were. Get the fuck over it!

JRA
09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Listen to "I Remember You Too" instead :eyes:

I heard that sounds like Matchbox 20.

And Brad is acting way more self-important about not knowing Odd Future than the other people not knowing who they are.

Shit I just went to wikipedia to look at what their current album or hit is and their last album was released in 2010. How do you expect people outside the box to know who they are at this exact moment if they don't even have any music out?

I pay zilch attention to modern music now, but I know who Adele, LMFAO, and Foster The People are. Yes they all vary in quality but that's not the point. The point is your whole "OMG U DON NO WHU THEY R" whining doesn't hold a lot of water when only one member of the group has a solo record out.

daimonos
09-11-2011, 02:40 PM
It is waving a flag of ignorance, and it indeed shows that I'm not interested, and I'm ok with that, because I'm not interested. I know that no one cares that I don't know them, I was just sticking up for MPF. I don't read reviews from popular critics, because they don't care about the stuff that I care about, and if they did, what are the chances that I'm going to have the same opinion as them? I hardly ever read reviews anymore, actually. To form an opinion about music, I'd rather hear it myself, ya know?

I'm not saying anyones right or wrong, I was just backing MPF up, I guess.

EDIT - It has nothing to do with pride, either. Its just the way it is for me.

MPF
09-11-2011, 02:46 PM
It is waving a flag of ignorance, and it indeed shows that I'm not interested, and I'm ok with that, because I'm not interested. I know that no one cares that I don't know them, I was just sticking up for MPF. I don't read reviews from popular critics, because they don't care about the stuff that I care about, and if they did, what are the chances that I'm going to have the same opinion as them? I hardly ever read reviews anymore, actually. To form an opinion about music, I'd rather hear it myself, ya know?

I'm not saying anyones right or wrong, I was just backing MPF up, I guess.

EDIT - It has nothing to do with pride, either. Its just the way it is for me.

Thanks! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

That's how it is for me. I could give a fuck less if I'm popular or not for what I listen to. I don't keep up with Trends. I'm 23. I'm set in my ways by now. I'm not going to listen to something just because it's popular. It's gotta interest me. If it doesn't I ignore it and forget about it unless it begins to interest me or for some reason am subjected to it. Then I can give a real opinion.

Just remember, the last couple pages on this Metal board has been fighting about a trendy rap group...just saying. Lets get things back to normal.

ravenheart
09-11-2011, 02:48 PM
I heard that sounds like Matchbox 20.

Erm, I wouldn't say that. It's certainly not what you'd expect from an '80s hard rock band though.

DethMaiden
09-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome to metal: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT :jima:

MPF
09-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Welcome to metal: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT :jima:

That's the spirit guy!

es156
09-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Welcome to metalsetlists: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT :jima:

Fixed.

;)

jd091
09-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Fixed.

;)

GarageMetal468
09-11-2011, 03:25 PM
This accounting project I gotta do by tomorrow is seriously kicking my ass. I'm honestly contemplating turning in a finished product but with the final answers wrong. I really don't care at this point, this is fucking ridiculous.

Wizzbang11
09-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Goddamn that was a retarded 3 pages. Odd Future suck but I have no idea how theyve slipped under the radar during the last 2 months for anyone who talks to other people.

larvtard
09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Goddamn that was a retarded 3 pages. Odd Future suck but I have no idea how theyve slipped under the radar during the last 2 months for anyone who talks to other people.

Yes, exactly.

JRA
09-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Yes, exactly.

But what if you only talk to people who don't talk to other people? Like a self-sustaining anti-social biodome?

Maiden33
09-11-2011, 04:28 PM
I seriously have no idea how deeply your head would have to be buried in the sand to not know who OFWGKTA is at this point. All the television appearances, music videos, Tyler's VMA, every pop culture and music publication on the globe having done a minimum of ten stories on them by now...

File me under the category of "I have never heard about them away from this board". But that's not surprising. I haven't had cable TV in any capacity for a year and a half, I pay no attention to any VMA nominations or winners, and I don't read any form of pop culture or music publications either online or in physical form. Furthermore I don't listen to the radio at all. Also, since being out of school for so many years and only now commuting to college - I don't REALLY have a lot of exposure to people with VASTLY different music tastes than I have. None of my "real life" friends ironically listen to music like this in a hipster-like fashion.

Yes, Yes, No, No, Yes. See everything I just said above.

christopher
09-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I never heard of OFWGKTA before this board freaked out. I still haven't heard anyone mention it outside of this board. I think I've seen two friends on facebook post a video for Tyler the Creater over the last year, but that's all I ever hear. I think getting upset at someone for not knowing about OFWGKTA is retarded. This is a metal website and we come here to look for setlists and news about metal.

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
In all fairness, Brad, its kind of your job to know about all things pop culture...And I think the "metalheads" here are getting annoyed, I include myself here, by the nonstop ballsucking being done of Odd Future and Tyler the Creator. Its not that they aren't metal, because lots of people here listen to non-metal (Wu-Tang, anyone?) But the fact that they are, as you briefly touched on, being heralded as these geniuses or musical saviors. Its annoying to be force fed that message. It has become a collective FACT that they are "great" artists. There is never a debate when it comes to pop culture; we are just told by the media that an artist is the hot new thing based on reviews or album sales, and either you're with it or you aren't. Everyone has to endure the high-praise, but no one wants to hear the dissent. Music is completely subjective, and people who don't like the "it" band are made out to be whiny bitches for speaking up against the trend.

ShatteredFlame
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM

Agreed! Talk about Odd Future is the most easy conversation music wise to start with anyone in my experience.

Also I never met anyone who hates them irl :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Agreed! Talk about Odd Future is the most easy conversation music wise to start with anyone in my experience.

Also I never met anyone who hates them irl :lol:

I've never met anyone who has heard of them irl, besides Brad.

ShatteredFlame
09-11-2011, 05:08 PM
In other news does anyone have problems charging an iPod with their laptops? i have never done this until I moved to college and it seems I have been having battery problems for the past 3 weeks. Like today it was fully charged and I only listened to 1 1/2 albums and suddenly the battery dies. I start it backup and at first it's on like 1% of battery but in a minute more than half the battery is charged. Weird shit like that keeps happening.

Hopefully I can find a physical charger somewhere. I use to use a soundsystem at home.

treghet
09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
In other news does anyone have problems charging an iPod with their laptops? i have never done this until I moved to college and it seems I have been having battery problems for the past 3 weeks. Like today it was fully charged and I only listened to 1 1/2 albums and suddenly the battery dies. I start it backup and at first it's on like 1% of battery but in a minute more than half the battery is charged. Weird shit like that keeps happening.

Hopefully I can find a physical charger somewhere. I use to use a soundsystem at home.

How long have you had your iPod? After a few years my iPod started having the same problems.

christopher
09-11-2011, 05:20 PM

That sucks. It feels like I rarely charge my ipod and I'm always listening to it. I've had it for two or three years now.

mastodon421
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM

That's odd. I only charge mine on my laptop and I haven't had any problems (yet).

ShatteredFlame
09-11-2011, 05:42 PM
How long have you had your iPod? After a few years my iPod started having the same problems.
I'm aware of this since I had like the 2nd iPod model for a couple years before it died out, and I got the 2nd video model. I had it for like 4 years thinking about it. But even so i really believe some devices charge better than others. I had 2 stereo systems at home, the more expensive one designed for surround sound tv would make the battery last for about a week. Using my computer or the cheaper system in my room only made it last about 3 days. The laptop lasts a day.

christopher
09-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm sad I missed Agnostic Front tonight in Pomona. I told my friend I would see his band play in LA tonight. On the way, I got a text saying AF was playing right next to my house and playing Victim in Pain al the way through. I couldn't bail on my friends. Fml :( I've baan wanting to see AF for 8 years.

jd091
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
On the way, I got a text saying AF was playing right next to my house and playing Victim in Pain al the way through.

HO-LEE SHIT, really? If they do that on this upcoming tour, I need to see this.

christopher
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
HO-LEE SHIT, really? If they do that on this upcoming tour, I need to see this.

I missed the Victim in Pain tour last year and was extremely bummed about it. I didn't know they were still doing it until my friend said they played it in Hollywood on Thursday. I hate I missed my last chance, but it would have been a dick move on my behalf. I had a few friends relying on me to give a ride to my friends show. Oh well, I'll see them on day. My friends show was in a sketchy ass location. I've never felt so awkward to pregame in my car haha

xStructualDefect
09-12-2011, 03:53 AM
I went to my first "actual" legit punk show the other night. I saw The Voids play a bar house type venue. Basically an indoor punk gig at a legit place instead of a backyard. But it was a lot of fun. Openers were meh, but once The Voids came on the pit was packed with everyone singing along and moshing.

Maybe some of you LA folks have heard of them. They're from the LA area and have been around for over 10 years.

Also that was my 90th show.

Wizzbang11
09-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Cracked.com is an awful website. Everyone on facebook constantly posts links from it, and every time I read it I'm left in a state of "goddamn, that was some smug and probably complete bullshit writing." The attitude of every article there is so aggravatingly douchey it's hard to stomach. What pisses me off the most is the blindness with which people accept their shit as truth. Today I read something about "Unsolved mysteries that have been solve" (the actual title escapes me) and the entire thing is written with a superior/sarcastic/"look how stupid people are for believing this shit" motif. A few months ago they threw up some movie article about terrible things that certain directors had done during the filming of their movies, and the entire thing was not only littered with evidence-less gossipy bullshit but also contained urban legends which have been debunked by everyone for the last 30 years, the most heinous of which was them stating as fact that someone died during the filming of Ben Hur (which I didn't even realize anyone still believed.) I pick up on this shit in probably every other cracked article I see, and it sickens me that people buy this shit because it's written with sass and presented as fact. Fuck cracked.com.

brutal_descent
09-12-2011, 10:36 AM
The only punk bands I've seen are The Exploited, The Dead Kennedys and Fucked Up.

That's not including pop-punk/ska bands.

Wizzbang11
09-12-2011, 10:37 AM
The only punk bands I've seen are The Exploited, The Dead Kennedys and Fucked Up.

You haven't seen the Dead Kennedys.

mankvill
09-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah, cracked is pretty fucking lame. People link to it all the fucking time on Facebook and it's mostly just HURR GUESS WHICH MOVIES U LIEKED AS A KID ACTUALLY SUCK!?!

JRA
09-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Yea, Cracked has kinda jumped the shark. They still squeeze a couple chuckles out of me though.

brutal_descent
09-12-2011, 10:52 AM
You haven't seen the Dead Kennedys.

Without Jello, but I have seen Jello's Guantanamo School of Medicine so it adds up

Wizzbang11
09-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Without Jello, but I have seen Jello's Guantanamo School of Medicine so it adds up

That it does ;)

DethMaiden
09-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Cracked.com is an awful website. Everyone on facebook constantly posts links from it, and every time I read it I'm left in a state of "goddamn, that was some smug and probably complete bullshit writing." The attitude of every article there is so aggravatingly douchey it's hard to stomach. What pisses me off the most is the blindness with which people accept their shit as truth. Today I read something about "Unsolved mysteries that have been solve" (the actual title escapes me) and the entire thing is written with a superior/sarcastic/"look how stupid people are for believing this shit" motif. A few months ago they threw up some movie article about terrible things that certain directors had done during the filming of their movies, and the entire thing was not only littered with evidence-less gossipy bullshit but also contained urban legends which have been debunked by everyone for the last 30 years, the most heinous of which was them stating as fact that someone died during the filming of Ben Hur (which I didn't even realize anyone still believed.) I pick up on this shit in probably every other cracked article I see, and it sickens me that people buy this shit because it's written with sass and presented as fact. Fuck cracked.com.

This x1000, thank you for saying this.

christopher
09-12-2011, 11:38 AM
I went to my first "actual" legit punk show the other night. I saw The Voids play a bar house type venue. Basically an indoor punk gig at a legit place instead of a backyard. But it was a lot of fun. Openers were meh, but once The Voids came on the pit was packed with everyone singing along and moshing.

Maybe some of you LA folks have heard of them. They're from the LA area and have been around for over 10 years.

Also that was my 90th show.

Really? We are so spoiled with constant punk shows all the time since we are from the LA area. Circle One, Adolescents, D.I., The Grim, The Dickies, OFF!, Battalion of Saints, Decry, TSOL, Symbol Six, Fear and Dr Know usually play on a pretty regular basis. I get to see those shows all the time. It's great :D

mankvill
09-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I guess the only tr00 punx bands I've seen would be:

Hellbastard
The Bronx
Street Dogs
Whole Wheat Bread (if that counts)
Title Fight (if that counts)
Bane
Trapped Under Ice
Alpha & Omega
Cruel Hand
Peelander-Z (deal)
The Casualties (deal)

jd091
09-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Title Fight (if that counts)

Hipster hardcore/pop punk. So not troo. Great band, though!

christopher
09-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Hmm my list would go on...lets see

TSOL
Dickies
D.I.
Ch 3
Leftover Crack
Toxic Narcotic
GBH
Circle Jerks
OFF!
Black Fag
Meatmen
Bad Religion
Strung Out
Misfits
Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine
M.I.A.
Decry
Battalion of Saints
Fear
The Grim
Adolescents
Fang
Dr Know
Citizen Fish
Intro5pect
Naked Aggression
Steve Ignorant(Crass)
Amebix
Hellbastard
Despise You
Lack of Interest
Low Threat Profile
Antiseen
Murder Junkies
7 Seconds

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, I'm sure there was more..

ChildrenofSodom
09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I like Cracked. It gives me something to read for 10 minutes every other day. Fills my "I'm bored, but not bored enough to pick up a book" void.

ChildrenofSodom
09-12-2011, 01:40 PM
This 290 lbs guy (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-sues-white-castle-because-over-booth-size-160126946.html?nc) is suing White Castle because he is too fat for the booths. Says their refusal to expand the booths is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I usually don't support "tort reform", but jackasses like this have no business near a court room.

christopher
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I finally got around to reading Volume 14 of Walking Dead. It's been a year since I read any Walking Dead. Oh my fucking god! Shit got intense in this one. I fucking hate how they leave us hanging on this. I need to read more asap:hmm:

BloodoftheKings
09-12-2011, 03:12 PM
This 290 lbs guy (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/man-sues-white-castle-because-over-booth-size-160126946.html?nc) is suing White Castle because he is too fat for the booths. Says their refusal to expand the booths is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. I usually don't support "tort reform", but jackasses like this have no business near a court room.

There's people who actually eat White Castle for nutritional purposes? What a dumbass.

ChildrenofSodom
09-12-2011, 03:53 PM
There's people who actually eat White Castle for nutritional purposes? What a dumbass.

No, he isn't mad that their food is fattening. He's mad that the store refused to accommodate his fat ass.

BloodoftheKings
09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
No, he isn't mad that their food is fattening. He's mad that the store refused to accommodate his fat ass.

I know, but he's making it seem like he seriously needs to eat at White Castle.

jd091
09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Hmm my list would go on...lets see

TSOL
Dickies
D.I.
Ch 3
Leftover Crack
Toxic Narcotic
GBH
Circle Jerks
OFF!
Black Fag
Meatmen
Bad Religion
Strung Out
Misfits
Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine
M.I.A.
Decry
Battalion of Saints
Fear
The Grim
Adolescents
Fang
Dr Know
Citizen Fish
Intro5pect
Naked Aggression
Steve Ignorant(Crass)
Amebix
Hellbastard
Despise You
Lack of Interest
Low Threat Profile
Antiseen
Murder Junkies
7 Seconds

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, I'm sure there was more..

I love your musical tastes. So much.

larvtard
09-12-2011, 04:07 PM

:confused:

You need to work on your reading comprehension, man.

ShatteredFlame
09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
So I get to meet 3oh!3 and Sam Adams if I work stage crew that night. What joy :hmm:

BloodoftheKings
09-12-2011, 04:15 PM

:confused:

You need to work on your reading comprehension, man.

I understand how that post could have been misinterpreted but read my last post in response to ChildrenofSodom.

christopher
09-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Four Loko + 5 Hour Energy + a few games of tennis = epic day :D

ShatteredFlame
09-12-2011, 05:50 PM
That moment when you join a club because the girl you like joined it and she doesn't show up the day you attend :bouville:

Well it's easy talking to her anyway so I'll hopefully get her eventually.

GarageMetal468
09-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Gah, Deceased is playing in Chicago on the 24th but of course it's 21+ and the venue is strict as shit about underage people getting in. Something tells me that this entire year leading up to my 21st in the middle of July is going to be filled with awesome shows all being 21+. I'm 100% sure there's going to be one at least 2 days from when I do turn 21.

LAXdef16
09-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Procrastinating... I should be writing an essay for AP European History, but IDGAF because I'm a senior!

Crionics
09-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Procrastinating... I should be writing an essay for AP European History, but IDGAF because I'm a senior!

I'm taking this class too :tongue:.

jd091
09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Four Loko + 5 Hour Energy + a few games of tennis = epic day :D

MPF
09-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Tomorrow I'm competing in the 2011 Guitar Center Drum Off. This is my video from last year. I plan on being completely different this time around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v12pz7jKXOg

Dextrimental
09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJTuSy4A1I&NR=1

Not sure if its been seen here before, but this is fucking brilliant!!

MPF
09-12-2011, 06:55 PM

Oh yeah, Rose fUNOral. I forgot they were still around.

mankvill
09-12-2011, 07:24 PM
TOM BRADY

38 FANTASY POINTS

517 YARDS

I AM IN LOVE <3

jd091
09-12-2011, 07:25 PM

:lol: That incident was the article that first led me to this website. I haven't been the same since. :lovedup: Yeah, SURE the people here gave them death threats. Someone talks shit about you on the internets and you take the first punch? Idiots. :tp:

Oh, and:

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/DSCF8719.jpg

treghet
09-12-2011, 07:50 PM
:lol: That incident was the article that first led me to this website. I haven't been the same since. :lovedup: Yeah, SURE the people here gave them death threats. Someone talks shit about you on the internets and you take the first punch? Idiots. :tp:

Have you read the Vader thread too?

http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11815

jd091
09-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Have you read the Vader thread too?

http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11815

Yeah, I remember that one. Not nearly as epic as the Nile one, though. :D FIRES OF SEDITION, U WILL ALWAYS BE MY HERO

christopher
09-12-2011, 08:10 PM

I remember that class. I took it in 2005. Damn, it doesn't feel like that long ago:eyes:

christopher
09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I love your musical tastes. So much.

Thank you sir:D Oh I forgot to add Cro Mags to that list. I'll add more as time goes on. There are a LOT of power violence/hardcore(such as Ceremony and Nails) bands I feel that you guys are all talking about more of the true punk bands from back in the day. Plus, my list would be too long to remember them all :lol:

larvtard
09-12-2011, 08:15 PM
For the past few hours I've been trying to read Discourse on Method and Meditations on First Philosophy by Descartes, but GODAMMIT, I always get distracted and can't read for more than two minutes at a time. So I started doing Sparknotes :cool: I have a huge essay on this due on Thursday, though, so I'm gonna have to read the fucking thing eventually. But the Meditations actually sound sorta interesting, so it may not be that hard.

idrinkwine732
09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey, I have a question for those in the VA area, or anyone who has been to a show at Jaxx. What time is the absolute latest you've ever gotten out of a show there?

I'm planning on going to Enslaved/Alcest and I'll be taking the Metro out and then taking a cab, but the Metro closes at 3 and I want to have a ton of insurance time. Will I make it?

JRA
09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/rap-critic/music-video/31872-cut-down

This guy > Tyler, The Creator or anyone in OMGICAMESOHARDIPOOPEDALITTLE

jd091
09-12-2011, 08:56 PM
For the past few hours I've been trying to read Discourse on Method and Meditations on First Philosophy by Descartes, but GODAMMIT, I always get distracted and can't read for more than two minutes at a time. So I started doing Sparknotes :cool: I have a huge essay on this due on Thursday, though, so I'm gonna have to read the fucking thing eventually. But the Meditations actually sound sorta interesting, so it may not be that hard.

http://www.philosophybro.com/

The greatest (and most hilarious) website ever. Use it as your survival guide.

jd091
09-12-2011, 09:02 PM
So I'm thinking I might start getting some vinyl, but primarily to mount onto the wall of my apartment bedroom. I think I want to start with Mastodon's Blood Mountain and Leviathan that I saw in Reckless Records today...

https://www.auralexploits.com/ebay_images/lp/Mastodon_BloodMountain_Deluxe.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FjLGrAFxkXA/SnsxlNzVAqI/AAAAAAAAAEg/GzyXPhnqkFg/s320/mastodon-leviathanlp-60188.jpg

PROBLEM IS
I'm not sure how I should mount them. I absolutely cannot poke holes in the wall, so I figure I'd need some sturdy 2-way indoor mounting tape and some sort of... shelf? I don't know. Any suggestions?

slapguitarer
09-12-2011, 09:04 PM
So I'm thinking I might start getting some vinyl, but primarily to mount onto the wall of my apartment bedroom. I think I want to start with Mastodon's Blood Mountain and Leviathan that I saw in Reckless Records today...

https://www.auralexploits.com/ebay_images/lp/Mastodon_BloodMountain_Deluxe.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FjLGrAFxkXA/SnsxlNzVAqI/AAAAAAAAAEg/GzyXPhnqkFg/s320/mastodon-leviathanlp-60188.jpg

PROBLEM IS
I'm not sure how I should mount them. I absolutely cannot poke holes in the wall, so I figure I'd need some sturdy 2-way indoor mounting tape and some sort of... shelf? I don't know. Any suggestions?

My friend has the same problem, so he uses these thick, double sided adhesive strips. I don't know what they're called though...

treghet
09-12-2011, 09:14 PM
PROBLEM IS

Move to an apartment complex that doesn't have shitty rules. ;)

jd091
09-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Move to an apartment complex that doesn't have shitty rules. ;)

damn you

My friend has the same problem, so he uses these thick, double sided adhesive strips. I don't know what they're called though...

Should I just stick that on the back of the record cases? Is that safe to the case?

Wizzbang11
09-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I do not advise hanging records you ever plan on playing on the wall...

RAZOR
09-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Album Frames (http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=8098378&navAction=jump&navCount=)
+
Command Hooks (http://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-Command-10-pc.-Small-Hook-Set-White/16783494)
=
http://media.guydecor.com/urban-album-frames.jpg

jd091
09-12-2011, 09:29 PM

>got no player
>want vinyl because it looks cool

And why not? Can't you just take them down and play them? That makes no sense to me.

jd091
09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Album Frames (http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=8098378&navAction=jump&navCount=)
+
Command Hooks (http://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-Command-10-pc.-Small-Hook-Set-White/16783494)
=
http://media.guydecor.com/urban-album-frames.jpg

THIS is a useful answer. Thanks, Razor!

TonyD
09-12-2011, 09:34 PM

I have a couple hung up, you just take the sleeve out and put a cardboard backing behind the cover.

RAZOR
09-12-2011, 09:41 PM
THIS is a useful answer. Thanks, Razor!

Always here to help! *tips hat*

jd091
09-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Any other ideas, though? That's definitely doable, but at $15 per frame it's also a bit pricey...

RAZOR
09-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Any other ideas, though? That's definitely doable, but at $15 per frame it's also a bit pricey...

Wait, nevermind. I was looking at the wrong thing. :lol:

Uhm, I know Michael's sells album frames. Can't remember how much though and their website is goofy and doesn't give prices.

ChildrenofSodom
09-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm watching Your Highness and packing for college. I'm excited to get back to campus, but I'm going to miss the food here. :(

jd091
09-12-2011, 09:49 PM
$15 for 10 frames!

What? At Urban Outfitters?! The link said 1 for $15, 2 for $20. Where are these demonic prices coming from?

treghet
09-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah, it's one for $15. I just put them in the basket to see. JD, see if you can find similar frames cheaper elsewhere. Urban Outfitters is known for being pricey.

jd091
09-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, it's one for $15. I just put them in the basket to see. JD, see if you can find similar frames cheaper elsewhere. Urban Outfitters is known for being pricey.

Ok, I'll keep a look out on the internet. I'd love to get that awesome Blood Mountain cover right above my desk where I do my homework every day... :fist:

RAZOR
09-12-2011, 09:52 PM
What? At Urban Outfitters?! The link said 1 for $15, 2 for $20. Where are these demonic prices coming from?

I was looking at the wrong thing. :lol:

Wizzbang11
09-13-2011, 06:58 AM
>got no player
>want vinyl because it looks cool

And why not? Can't you just take them down and play them? That makes no sense to me.

If sun hits the wall and you don't do a really awesome job securing them theyll probably get warped to fuck, plus since Im guessing you dont put them in dust jackets when hanging youll probably get some pretty dirty records after awhile.

GarageMetal468
09-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Meanwhile, in Sweden...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/314610_2173418207982_1022605109_2531414_2000985629 _n.jpg

christopher
09-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Meanwhile, in Sweden...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/314610_2173418207982_1022605109_2531414_2000985629 _n.jpg

I believe I posted this story on here on Friday, but here's the link again cause its fucking funny

Drunk Moose (http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/09/08/sweden.drunken.moose/index.html?iref=NS1)

christopher
09-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Was there a thread about who we've seen live? I was looking for it and couldn't find it and search was useless for it. I was thinking about compiling a list just cause I'm bored as shit and have nothing to do today :lol: I'm also curious to how big the list would be. The list I made of punk bands gave me the idea to do more..

ravenheart
09-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Heh, we had the moose story in the London papers over a week ago. Classic stuff.

ravenheart
Was there a thread about who we've seen live? I was looking for it and couldn't find it and search was useless for it. I was thinking about compiling a list just cause I'm bored as shit and have nothing to do today :lol: I'm also curious to how big the list would be. The list I made of punk bands gave me the idea to do more..

That would be the Concerts Attended thread.

Natrlhi
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6974&highlight=concerts+attended

ravenheart
09-13-2011, 08:24 AM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=6974&highlight=concerts+attended

See? ;)

christopher
09-13-2011, 08:31 AM
haha I should've thought of the obvious word other than shows. Thanks.

christopher
09-13-2011, 09:01 AM
This list is taking a lot longer than I thought. I'm just making a list of the bands I've seen instead of going through the work of matching it up to the actual concert related to it. I'm going to take a nap break and finish it up in a bit...:zzz:

ravenheart
09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
A nap? Whatayou, 60?

christopher
09-13-2011, 01:21 PM
A nap? Whatayou, 60?

I went into work at 4am this morning after only 2 hours of sleep. The lack of sleep caught up to me:hecho:

Crionics
09-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Homework for today

Physics- Answer questions on five lab scenarios
English- Write a 350 word letter
AP Calc- Book assignment and study for quiz on limits
Anatomy- Study for quiz
And until lunch today, I thought I would also have to read 50 pages of AP Euro.

Yep, this blows. :bouville:

mankvill
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM

will do it for you

christopher
09-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Homework for today

Physics- Answer questions on five lab scenarios
AP Calc- Book assignment and study for quiz on limits
Anatomy- Study for quiz
And until lunch today, I thought I would also have to read 50 pages of AP Euro.

Yep, this blows. :bouville:

Physics - fucking easy
English - sounds boring but easy
Calc - book assignment aka homework should be easy since limits are the easiest thing about calculus
Anatomy - don't know how much detail your teacher wants you to know, but its not bad

What are you complaining about?

Crionics
09-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Physics - fucking easy
English - sounds boring but easy
Calc - book assignment aka homework should be easy since limits are the easiest thing about calculus
Anatomy - don't know how much detail your teacher wants you to know, but its not bad

What are you complaining about?

I'm just an incredibly slow worker. What should take someone about an hour to complete usually will take me two as an example. Not exactly a problem of difficulty, just the workload gets to me.

christopher
09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm just an incredibly slow worker. What should take someone about an hour to complete usually will take me two as an example. Not exactly a problem of difficulty, just the workload gets to me.

It could also be distractions. Just take the overall workload and take it a step at a time so it doesn't feel like its overwhelming you. Right now, you are at the basic parts of Calculus and Physics, so if it takes long time now, then its going to take forever in a few months when you get to the difficult shit.

mankvill
09-13-2011, 03:00 PM
so apparently Tom can still do the scream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLypwbyXHM&feature=related)

Crionics
09-13-2011, 03:03 PM
It could also be distractions. Just take the overall workload and take it a step at a time so it doesn't feel like its overwhelming you. Right now, you are at the basic parts of Calculus and Physics, so if it takes long time now, then its going to take forever in a few months when you get to the difficult shit.

I see what your saying, for the most part I'm not too distracted, but I do find myself "zoning out" while staring at my homework. I think I'm just overwhelmed by having homework in every class today and some quizes (first of the year). Also writing can take me awhile. Wish I could find a solution to the zoning problem though.

dcmetal108
09-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Watching/Listening to that Anthrax show stream as I fill out a Best Buy job application.

Epidemic Reign
09-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Finally ripping this to my computer so I can put it on my ipod.

http://www.on-parole.com/shop/26215-29765-large/va---swedish-death-metal--3-cd-digi-cdbook---boxcd.jpg

Bought it a couple years ago and it's mostly just sat on the shelf since. Now it's time to rock. :rocker:

jd091
09-13-2011, 03:53 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrgmvkIGYM1qzamioo1_500.png
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrgmvkIGYM1qzamioo2_500.png

daimonos
09-13-2011, 04:03 PM

BloodoftheKings
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM
They have an animated version of that on Newgrounds.

larvtard
09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
so apparently Tom can still do the scream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLypwbyXHM&feature=related)

:lovedup:

My hero :party:

jd091
09-13-2011, 04:10 PM
They have an animated version of that on Newgrounds.

Aweseome! Didn't know that website even still existed. :confused:

larvtard
09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Just did my first toilet plunge of college :lovedup:

GarageMetal468
09-13-2011, 05:25 PM

... what the hell is that

JRA
09-13-2011, 05:39 PM

That is...beautiful

larvtard
09-13-2011, 05:49 PM
... what the hell is that

Sorry, should have rephrased: I just lost my toilet-plunging virginity (first time plunging a toilet in college, that is).

JRA
09-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Sorry, should have rephrased: I just lost my toilet-plunging virginity (first time plunging a toilet in college, that is).

There's not really a difference. :eyes:

christopher
09-13-2011, 07:21 PM

makethemsuffer12
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM

You know you don't get out much when you start posting this on internet forums.

es156
09-13-2011, 07:34 PM
You know you don't get out much when you start posting this on internet forums.

> applies to 95% of the posts on this site.

ShatteredFlame
09-13-2011, 07:36 PM

...the fuck?

makethemsuffer12
09-13-2011, 07:42 PM
> applies to 95% of the posts on this site.

True, but excitement over unclogging toilets seems a bit more out of the ordinary.

Unless it is some sort of obscure sexual reference that I am unaware of.

ChildrenofSodom
09-13-2011, 07:44 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/275892_12450685_545946488_n.jpg

larvtard
09-13-2011, 07:46 PM
why are you guys so surprised by this? :eyes:

I think it's pretty cool... assholes.

treghet
09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
why are you guys so surprised by this? :eyes:

I think it's pretty cool... assholes.

It's really not. I don't get why you would be remotely excited about it.

ShatteredFlame
09-13-2011, 08:30 PM
So you unclogged a toilet and you're happy about it?

jd091
09-13-2011, 08:37 PM
It's really not. I don't get why you would be remotely excited about it.

It's his weird sense of humor. Just pretend to give him compliments; it usually works.

We're so proud of your plunger abilities, Logan! *pats head*

treghet
09-13-2011, 08:39 PM

christopher
09-13-2011, 08:40 PM
It's his weird sense of humor. Just pretend to give him compliments; it usually works.

MPF
09-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I won the prelims for the Guitar center Drum Off. Videos (2 different views and sources) will be up in the next day or two (I'm hoping sooner)

DethMaiden
09-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Best night ever:

-Got the call that I passed my drug test to work at Kroger and scheduled orientation
-Got out of the newsroom on time with everything looking good
-Applied to go to SXSW in Austin this spring for a class on social media reporting
-Found out I'm one of the top 40 critics on Metacritic for Watch the Throne: http://www.metacritic.com/music/watch-the-throne/critic-reviews (third from bottom)
-Made fish tacos with a made up off the top of my head recipe that are seriously maybe the best thing I've ever made and close to the best thing I've ever had
-Tried two new incredible beers
-Got laid on a Tuesday night

God. Damn. Not trying to be an asshole, but wow, what a goddamn night.

mankvill
09-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Got the call...to work at Kroger

nope

jd091
09-13-2011, 09:11 PM
-Got laid on a Tuesday night

show off

MPF
09-13-2011, 09:13 PM
To those interested, because I am so happy it's catching on. Here is This Will Not End Well: Five Finger Donkey Punch

Watch from 24:00 on:

http://youtu.be/3x9P4l8GZNo

brutal_descent
09-13-2011, 09:55 PM

:D

Epidemic Reign
09-14-2011, 03:52 AM
My friend's status update on facebook:

So I'm determined to come up with one, very well worded and grammaticaly correct post a day untill I come home. I would have failed if it wasn't for auto correct on my phone. Thank god for technology.

My reply:

‎"Grammatically" has two L's, "until" has only one. There should be a comma after "so" in the phrase "So, I'm determined...", but no comma in the phrase "one very well-worded". "Well-worded" should be hyphenated as aforementioned, as should "auto-correct". "Post a day" should be "post per day", and while "wasn't" isn't a major grammatical error, "weren't" certainly sounds much better. Lastly, the first letter of "god" is not capitalized... good call. ;-)

es156
09-14-2011, 07:56 AM

So I'm determined to come up with one, very well worded and grammaticaly correct post a day untill I come home. I would have failed if it wasn't for auto correct on my phone. Thank god for technology.

My reply:

‎"Grammatically" has two L's, "until" has only one. There should be a comma after "so" in the phrase "So, I'm determined...", but no comma in the phrase "one very well-worded". "Well-worded" should be hyphenated as aforementioned, as should "auto-correct". "Post a day" should be "post per day", and while "wasn't" isn't a major grammatical error, "weren't" certainly sounds much better. Lastly, the first letter of "god" is not capitalized... good call. ;-)

Nice.

jd091
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM

My reply:

Logan, here's another member of the Reich!

christopher
09-14-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm listening to a Hank III bootleg that was just recorded the other night in Texas. I'm really pumped for the show next week

Hank III Live in Texas (http://www.archive.org/details/HW32011-09-09.PCM-M10.stephan)

Edit: Cattle Callin live sounds like insanity!!

mankvill
09-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Darkthrone and Isengard were two of my first metal bands, and I just now found out that Isengard is Fenriz's solo project!

GarageMetal468
09-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Got the Carcass patch sewed on to my hat :D

larvtard
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Logan, here's another member of the Reich!

Welcome, my good sir :D

:lol: I was gonna say this at some point. But jeez, I didn't think my sense of humor was that weird :confused:

Got laid

Jelly.

But fuck Kroger. They're a bunch of baby-eating Nazis :mad:

DethMaiden
09-14-2011, 11:36 AM
But fuck Kroger. They're a bunch of baby-eating Nazis :mad:

It's that or declaring bankruptcy when I graduate. :)

JRA
09-14-2011, 11:44 AM
I have shopped at Kroger for quite a couple of years in the very same town. I have not once seen a free smorgasboard of aborted fetus nor have I heard "ZEIG HEIL" over the intercom (although certain locations have a sad lack of chicken thighs :mad:).

ChildrenofSodom
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Well, Brad, that sounds like fun but here's what I did on my Tuesday night:

Took at nap from 430 to 730 that featured violently unsettling dreams/nightmares. Woke up pissed off and brain fogged. Made a sandbag for working out. Watched Super. Fell asleep around 1:30.

larvtard
09-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I have shopped at Kroger for quite a couple of years in the very same town. I have not once seen a free smorgasboard of aborted fetus nor have I heard "ZEIG HEIL" over the intercom (although certain locations have a sad lack of chicken thighs :mad:).

I worked at Publix in senior year (a southern supermarket chain), and Kroger was our main competitor. So now I pretend to hate Kroger with a passion whenever someone brings it up.

JRA
09-14-2011, 12:47 PM
I worked at Publix in senior year (a southern supermarket chain), and Kroger was our main competitor. So now I pretend to hate Kroger with a passion whenever someone brings it up.

Ah. Well I'd hate our competitor two if my store was one letter away from sounding "Pubics." I think that's what I'll call them from now on. Pubics.

powerslave_85
09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Watched SuperWhat did you think? I had mixed feelings about it.

ChildrenofSodom
09-14-2011, 04:26 PM
What did you think? I had mixed feelings about it.

I only laughed a few times. The gore kind of caught me off guard. I wouldn't watch it again, but I don't regret the hour and a half I spent watching it. Rainn Wilson can't escape "Dwight Shrute".

ShatteredFlame
09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
First album review I have to do for my school radio.

Mogwai - Earth Division EP

:D ....but I have to also select 3 songs good for radio play and there is only 4 songs :lol:

powerslave_85
09-14-2011, 04:31 PM
I only laughed a few times. The gore kind of caught me off guard. I wouldn't watch it again, but I don't regret the hour and a half I spent watching it. Rainn Wilson can't escape "Dwight Shrute".
Yeah, it was much much darker than I expected. Loved Kevin Bacon as the bad guy, though.

ChildrenofSodom
09-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah, it was much much darker than I expected. Loved Kevin Bacon as the bad guy, though.

Yeah, that was interesting. And I liked watching Ellen Page, as usual.

ShatteredFlame
09-14-2011, 07:21 PM
is Super just Kick-Ass again?

ChildrenofSodom
09-14-2011, 07:35 PM

There are a lot of similarities, but it isn't the same. Similar "normal guy wants to become a superhero" premise, but the story lines are completely different.

AnataFan4Life
09-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Celebrating the Gurkha victory on Deadliest Warrior :rocker:

powerslave_85
09-14-2011, 10:26 PM
No, it's much grittier, and actually more violent. Or at least it feels that way, since it's so much more realistic. And most of the violence isn't played for laughs like it is in Kick-Ass.

jd091
09-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Learning how to use Linux for my Computer Systems class. I swear to god, I feel like the biggest badass just changing the name of a directory or compiling a simple program with only command prompt. :lol:

xStructualDefect
09-14-2011, 10:49 PM
I enjoy Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony a lot, but am I the only one who thinks the songs somewhat drag on after awhile? Maybe it's just me but songs that go over 5 minutes tend to drag on for me. If each song were maybe around 4 minutes I'd probably enjoy it more than I do.

mankvill
09-14-2011, 11:00 PM
I enjoy Fleshgod Apocalypse's Agony a lot, but am I the only one who thinks the songs somewhat drag on after awhile? Maybe it's just me but songs that go over 5 minutes tend to drag on for me. If each song were maybe around 4 minutes I'd probably enjoy it more than I do.

I actually prefer longer songs most of the time. In my experience, longer songs have to be good because...well, they HAVE to be good because they're that long!

But long to me is over 10 minutes.

treghet
09-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Small earthquake just now. Gotta love California.

Edit: Magnitude 3.5

daimonos
09-15-2011, 07:49 AM

I haven't been listening to it much since I bought it, but I know what you mean about some of the songs dragging on a little bit. I just have a real hard time getting into it, it just seems too symphonic for me. I think if they brought the guitars out more in the mix, it would sound twice as good.

I'm just waiting for the new Hour of Penance...

Nick_to_the_face
09-15-2011, 10:21 AM
My band had a chance to open up for Decrepit Birth..and I fucked up :mad::mad::flame::flame:

jd091
09-15-2011, 10:45 AM
My band had a chance to open up for Decrepit Birth..and I fucked up :mad::mad::flame::flame:

:hmm:

christopher
09-15-2011, 11:04 AM

hmm I didn't feel it, yet that was right when my alarm went off to get up for work, so maybe it helped wake me :lol:

idrinkwine732
09-15-2011, 12:18 PM

I miss home :(

ShatteredFlame
09-15-2011, 01:21 PM
I feel like I'm the only freshman who doesn't drink/smoke who is actually optimistic about college. I keep attending clubs and it seems everyone who attends these things joins because they hate the school. And every senior said they hated the school as freshman which is why they joined the club, and they made some friends. Now I join these clubs to make friends but I'm having trouble solidifying friends with all this drama of others finding trouble doing the same. It's very awkward when everyone lacks confidence. Now I've been meeting people everyday but there seems to be not as much of the process of gathering info like the kids who drink do. We don't wanna sound desperate to hang out with people even though we really need to, it sucks.

El Gordo
09-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Learning how to use Linux for my Computer Systems class. I swear to god, I feel like the biggest badass just changing the name of a directory or compiling a simple program with only command prompt. :lol:

That's the way it should be. I was never more comfortable with an operating system than I was with good ol' DOS way back when... Stupid visual-based operating systems... Never used Linux though.

larvtard
09-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I feel like I'm the only freshman who doesn't drink/smoke who is actually optimistic about college. I keep attending clubs and it seems everyone who attends these things joins because they hate the school. And every senior said they hated the school as freshman which is why they joined the club, and they made some friends. Now I join these clubs to make friends but I'm having trouble solidifying friends with all this drama of others finding trouble doing the same. It's very awkward when everyone lacks confidence. Now I've been meeting people everyday but there seems to be not as much of the process of gathering info like the kids who drink do. We don't wanna sound desperate to hang out with people even though we really need to, it sucks.

...wat

I didn't follow that at all :eyes:

ravenheart
09-15-2011, 03:31 PM

:lol: I fucking hate Linux.

Dextrimental
09-15-2011, 03:41 PM

Check out Ubuntu, its a more Windows-like version of Linux. I love how Linux just doesn't crash anywhere near as much as Windows, its amazingly refreshing!

jd091
09-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Check out Ubuntu, its a more Windows-like version of Linux. I love how Linux just doesn't crash anywhere near as much as Windows, its amazingly refreshing!

Okay, I'll definitely look into it. Right now I'm using Putty to connect to an external Linux machine, then editing with Nano. I'm loving it. It feels great to actually use the skills behind the languages to DO things with the computer, versus creating pointless "say this" and "calculate that" programs.

mankvill
09-15-2011, 04:14 PM
http://soundcloud.com/decibelmagazine/anaal-nathrakh

Anaal Nathrakh covering The Specials

If this wasn't just a one-off, silly cover, I'd be really worried.

Mick is playing djent for half of this song. The fuck? :\ so glad it's a cover.

larvtard
09-15-2011, 04:27 PM
http://soundcloud.com/decibelmagazine/anaal-nathrakh

Anaal Nathrakh covering The Specials

If this wasn't just a one-off, silly cover, I'd be really worried.

Mick is playing djent for half of this song. The fuck? :\ so glad it's a cover.

awww man, I was sure that was gonna work. When I first heard the original song, I could figure out why Anaal Nathrakh would want to cover it.

GarageMetal468
09-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Yep, welcome to college. It's the same shit where I go. No one wants to talk to anyone. It's sad cause I used to be that way, but I pulled myself together and I love meeting and talking to people now. It's really cool when I do get into a nice conversation with someone, but it feels dumb when they just cut it short.

I'm not in any clubs at all, there's nothing here that really pertains to my interests. Just a bunch of race and religion groups really. But that hasn't stopped me from meeting new people.