PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ShatteredFlame
08-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Where's the fax machine plugged in? Is it in a separate wall-socket? Does that socket have a microswitch in it? Every socket that you use for any kind of telephony equipment needs to have a microswitch in it, not just the one the router is plugged in to.

Just a thought.

the fax machine is plugged into my modem which also handles cable/phone/wifi not sure if any problems can come through that

I managed to fix it with this whole complicated process of looking up guides and downloading stuff on my phone, transferring them to my PC and getting into my router with a weak internet connection. But I managed to update my firmware and now my internet is running faster than ever so I feel accomplished :party:

evildeadjedi
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
You basically described my video gaming history, except for the Pong part, I was too young at the time I think. Also switch out NBA for NHL and there you go. I had an Atari 2600 too and I find myself often missing the time when games were simpler. Maybe not Atari simple, but at least NES/SNES simple.

Same here had the good ole Atari 2600. After that Commodore 64 and then my first ibm compatible pc. During the same time I got a NES. After that I would get a few more consoles and then I started getting more into PC gaming. After the xbox came out I went back to pc gaming and then decided to buy a xbox 360 instead of upgrade my pc. Two of those took a shit decided to stay with my ps3 and wii. A few years ago I built a new pc and have been heavy pc once again.

Consoles I've owned:

Atari 2600
NES
Super NES
Genesis
Sega CD
Atari Jaguar :eyes:
PSone
Sega Dreamcast (still own)
PS2 (still own)
PS3 (still own)
Xbox (still own)
Xbox 360
Wii (still own)

Portables:

Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Sega Game Gear :eyes:
Gameboy Advanced (still own)
Gameboy Advanced SP
Sony PSP (still own)
Nintendo DS (still own)
Nintendo DS Lite (still own)

I agree. The old-school video game addict in me likes the simple arcade-style games the best. However, the tech nerd in me also enjoys the sheer detail and realism that many of the PS3 and similar style games deliver nowadays as well. I can't believe how realistic the physics in Burnout Paradise are, for example - and from what I've heard, that's nothing compared to some of the newer games. I just love being blown away by improvements in technology in general, I guess - but give me a good game of Centipede, Bomb Jack, Super Pac-Man or Mario Bros. (the original single-screen game, none of this "Super Mario" side-scroller shit :rolleyes:) any fucking day, and watch my eyes light up. :D

Completely agree I can definitely have fun with old games. However, I love the fact I can boot up Crysis on max detail and :drool:. Or throw in Uncharted 2 in my ps3. It amazes me how far graphics have come since I first started gaming.

One thing I miss is arcades. I used to love to go to arcades.

jd091
08-09-2011, 08:44 PM
^ I can attest to Evil's gamer cred, on the PC at least. :fist:

powerslave_85
08-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Speaking of video games, I'm fairly certain I'm going to get a 3DS when they drop the price to $170 this weekend.

Nick_to_the_face
08-10-2011, 01:14 AM
I am legitimately disappointed in myself, due to how bad my grammar and punctuation has been lately.

jd091
08-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Speaking of video games, I'm fairly certain I'm going to get a 3DS when they drop the price to $170 this weekend.

I'm tempted, but I'm gonna stay away for now. Not gonna drop $170 for only 1 game I'd play.

ravenheart
08-10-2011, 05:31 AM
the fax machine is plugged into my modem which also handles cable/phone/wifi not sure if any problems can come through that

I managed to fix it with this whole complicated process of looking up guides and downloading stuff on my phone, transferring them to my PC and getting into my router with a weak internet connection. But I managed to update my firmware and now my internet is running faster than ever so I feel accomplished :party:

Well played.

And I just noticed your avatar. :party:

ravenheart
08-10-2011, 05:32 AM

IT WILL MAKE YOU BLIND!

ChildrenofSodom
08-10-2011, 09:45 AM
From the blabbermouth article about Dave Mustaine wanting to form a supergroup with Lars, James.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/mustainesolonew.jpg

Trollol

BloodoftheKings
08-10-2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/mustainesolonew.jpg

Trollol

:lol:

jd091
08-10-2011, 12:05 PM
HEY GUYS, I'M DOING A TOP DEATHCORE ALBUMS LIST! COME OVER AND RIP ON MY MUSICAL TASTES! (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?p=384570#post384570)

:snivel:

(shameless self-promotion)

JRA
08-10-2011, 01:07 PM
From the blabbermouth article about Dave Mustaine wanting to form a supergroup with Lars, James.

Trollol

This is perfect for "u mad bro?" or "Cool story bro. TELL IT TO READERS DIGEST!"

mankvill
08-10-2011, 01:23 PM
This is perfect for "u mad bro?" or "Cool story bro. TELL IT TO READERS DIGEST!"

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5871/megadave.jpg

christopher
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM

Natrlhi
08-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Made the local newspaper today. (Online copy of the article is here (http://www.ohio.com/business/b-w-s-new-greenhouse-gas-technology-to-get-test-1.229069).)

If you want to see what I look like when I'm not geared up for a metal show, click "View More Photos", and there is a pic of yours truly telling my company's story. Not the worst photo that's ever been taken of me, but I ain't no Brad Pitt - so don't say you weren't warned.

mankvill
08-10-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.ohio.com/polopoly_fs/1.229068.1312934787!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_500/image.jpg

"Now let me tell you why that's bullshit..."

powerslave_85
08-10-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.ohio.com/polopoly_fs/1.229065.1312934781!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_500/image.jpg

Geez Nat, all that Chipotle really took a toll on you.

;)

Natrlhi
08-10-2011, 03:25 PM
^ ^ :lol:

Dextrimental
08-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Been a really stressful time at home lately, what with my dads surgery coming up, our broadband and digital tv copping out on us, and my friends have decided to tear each other apart.

However, things are looking up, gonna start doing reviews for a local website, my first being 'In Waves', and I have two covers for my youtube channel, and my first two originals of my solo album almost finished. That, and the GoW 3 epic edition and Arkham City epic edition are pre-ordered :D

Natrlhi
08-10-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.ohio.com/polopoly_fs/1.229068.1312934787!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_500/image.jpg

"...and then you've got this fucker who calls himself Manksville (or however
the fuck he spells it), who's got a last name for a first name, doesn't know
his ass from a hole in the ground, and thinks TOOL sucks. I mean, I can't
decide whether this kid is ignorant or just plain stupid, know what I mean?!?"

ravenheart
08-10-2011, 03:46 PM
That, and the GoW 3 epic edition and Arkham City epic edition are pre-ordered :D

At those prices? Are you INSANE?!

mankvill
08-10-2011, 04:07 PM

I can't take you serious in that sweat-drenched shirt!

powerslave_85
08-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh man, this should be a caption contest.

mankvill
08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Also I think you'd like to know this Natty, I'm applying to work with Sean Ingram.

Dextrimental
08-10-2011, 04:35 PM
At those prices? Are you INSANE?!

Little bit! Arkham City is only 80e for the epic edition though!

jd091
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

DethMaiden
08-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Emailing with Anthony Bourdain's PR about doing a big story where I follow him around for 24 hours while he's in Indiana, no big deal. :allan:

jd091
08-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Emailing with Anthony Bourdain's PR about doing a big story where I follow him around for 24 hours while he's in Indiana, no big deal. :allan:

Dude! So awesome! I love No Reservations!

larvtard
08-10-2011, 06:17 PM
nvm you don't look at all like a redneck. sorry Natty patty :lovedup:

makethemsuffer12
08-10-2011, 06:42 PM
From All Shall Perish's Facebook:

"All Shall Perish are getting on stage with Disturbed tonight to cover WALK by Pantera at the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival... WTF?!?!? @Mayhemfest"

What the fuck indeed. Two bands I'd never even think of sharing the same stage.

JRA
08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
So...as of right now, this is my "top 10 of 2011"

10. At The Gates- The Red In The Sky Is Ours
9. Deicide- Once Upon The Cross
8. Terrorizer- World Downfall
7. Demilich- Nespithe
6. Obituary- Cause of Death
5. Atheist- Unquestionable Presence
4. Entombed- Left Hand Path
3. Burzum- Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
2. Emperor- In The Nightside Eclipse
1. Enslaved- Frost

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss would have been number 1 if Varg had decided to spend 14 minutes rocking out instead of being an Asshet.

larvtard
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
So...as of right now, this is my "top 10 of 2011"

10. At The Gates- The Red In The Sky Is Ours
9. Deicide- Once Upon The Cross
8. Terrorizer- World Downfall
7. Demilich- Nespithe
6. Obituary- Cause of Death
5. Atheist- Unquestionable Presence
4. Entombed- Left Hand Path
3. Burzum- Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
2. Emperor- In The Nightside Eclipse
1. Enslaved- Frost

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss would have been number 1 if Varg had decided to spend 14 minutes rocking out instead of being an Asshet.

new music isn't trve

christopher
08-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Having some drinks with my friend, then heading to Pasadena to see my friends band play. Tonight should be a good one.:party:

jd091
08-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Having some drinks with my friend, then heading to Pasadena to see my friends band play. Tonight should be a good one.:party:

Don't die while driving. I'm always afraid that's gonna happen to ya. :eyes:

christopher
08-10-2011, 08:05 PM

Oh I'm smart about my drinking and driving haha. I always try to make sure I'm fine and sober enough to go anywhere before getting in my car.

Natrlhi
08-10-2011, 09:01 PM
I can't take you serious in that sweat-drenched shirt!By "serious", I'm sure you meant "seriously", and what the fuck are you talking about with the shirt?!?

Also I think you'd like to know this Natty, I'm applying to work with Sean Ingram.That's awesome. In what capacity?

mankvill
08-10-2011, 09:25 PM
By "serious", I'm sure you meant "seriously", and what the fuck are you talking about with the shirt?!?

That's awesome. In what capacity?

He's the president of Blue Collar Distro, which is right here in Lawrence! It'd be a full-time job listening to metal all day. Pretty awesome!

OraclesofAgony
08-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Having some beers and still being awestruck by the new Revocation. :lovedup:

MPF
08-10-2011, 10:02 PM

Right now it's in my top 5 of 2011. and rising higher.

OraclesofAgony
08-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Right now it's in my top 5 of 2011. and rising higher.

I need to see this stuff live. I better be able to see that Chimaira/Revocation tour.

christopher
08-11-2011, 12:40 AM

I didn't die tonight haha. I didn't even get a buzz, but it was a fun night

larvtard
08-11-2011, 08:30 AM

yeah, after 5 or so listens, I'm starting to really like it now :bliss:

JRA
08-11-2011, 09:45 AM
new music isn't trve

Nah, I'm just more interested in metal's history than what's going on now.

DethMaiden
08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
My review of Watch the Throne:

http://thequietus.com/articles/06753-the-throne-watch-the-throne-album-review

powerslave_85
08-11-2011, 10:18 AM
My review of Watch the Throne:

http://thequietus.com/articles/06753-the-throne-watch-the-throne-album-review
Can I offer some constructive criticism? You kind of do the same thing as a lot of AV Club folks: you spend the first two or three paragraphs talking about something sort of related to what you're reviewing, but I'm not interested in that; I just want to know what you thought of the album. When I see stuff like that, I fast-foward to the part I'm interested in. :2cents:

GarageMetal468
08-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Damn, my so called "friends" that I've known all my life are fucking lame. I'm definitely gonna be getting a job up at school so I can stay there for weekends because there is literally no reason to come back home now.

DethMaiden
08-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Can I offer some constructive criticism? You kind of do the same thing as a lot of AV Club folks: you spend the first two or three paragraphs talking about something sort of related to what you're reviewing, but I'm not interested in that; I just want to know what you thought of the album. When I see stuff like that, I fast-foward to the part I'm interested in. :2cents:

Well, considering I want to work for the AV Club, I'll take that as an extremely backhanded compliment. :tongue:

Seriously though, I dig that, it's just sort of a style-conformity thing. The Quietus doesn't have word caps, we tend to try to kind of tie everything into something bigger and be analytical, so there's no reason not to spend a few paragraphs on that kind of tangential stuff. There's a billion blogspots that can tell you what an album sounds like and what they think about it, and while I can do that stuff too and do it well (and do for Jukebox and WEEKEND, for both style and word cap reasons), I do really enjoy the sort of looseness of my Quietus writing. It's what's gonna get me a job at Pitchfork or the AV Club, not my 125 word "this sounds like this, is good/bad" reviews.

powerslave_85
08-11-2011, 10:36 AM
The AV Club is just weird. Their movie reviews are usually like 500 words or so, but they can spend two to three times that talking about one episode of Community :lol:

Nah, I get it, maybe it's just a personal pet peeve. I like the analytical stuff too, but when a review is front-loaded with it, I tend to tune out. Even though I'm at odds with him 90% of the time, Roger Ebert is an example of someone who's good at weaving in the analysis throughout the review more organically.

I agree with your review, though. I think the album's pretty boring.

DethMaiden
08-11-2011, 10:45 AM
I tend to find really newsy leads for reviews like Ebert does jarring. "Such and Such is a terrible movie headlined by and unconvincing cast working with a painfully contrived script." Whoa, Rog, why don't you ease me in a little bit? Comes down to taste, though, I reckon.

powerslave_85
08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
See, I prefer his approach to a lot of other critics these days who are so obtuse and wishy-washy that you can't tell whether or not they even liked it unless you look at their rating.

DethMaiden
08-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Well, I definitely like that he's decisive, I just think he tends to write a bit too much like he's writing a Page One newspaper story sometimes. I truly believe that language is allowed to be flowery and useless when it's about something that doesn't matter at all like a movie or an album. :lol: ;)

mastodon421
08-11-2011, 11:00 AM
As a fellow writer (even though Brad is a lot, lot better than me) , I tend to take a pretty standard apporach. I go into my reviews pretty quick. I have found when I try to get wordy, it just becomes redundant. I like to get my views on the record or film out as clearly as possible and not have anybody getting bored with my review.

larvtard
08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Album reviews are stupid, unless written correctly. I don't need youto tell me what an album sounds like. I need you to give me a unique reason why I should listen to it. The only review I've ever written that I'm proud of is my review of Dragged Into Sunlights' Hatred For Mankind. In that review I offer a different perspective, comparing the album to Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

powerslave_85
08-11-2011, 01:45 PM
I don't need you to tell me what an album sounds like.Why not? The point of reviews isn't to reinforce what people already know, it's to help convince people to listen to something. If you're descriptive about the music, you can bring in people who might not otherwise give it a chance, or who maybe listen to similiar stuff, but haven't heard of that particular band.

idrinkwine732
08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Album reviews are stupid, unless written correctly. I don't need youto tell me what an album sounds like. I need you to give me a unique reason why I should listen to it. The only review I've ever written that I'm proud of is my review of Dragged Into Sunlights' Hatred For Mankind. In that review I offer a different perspective, comparing the album to Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

Why do you listen to music? Do you have a unique way for why you listen to each and every album?

I personally listen to every album I listen to because I'm looking for the next greatest album, not because I'm looking for random and, quite frankly, useless connections. I'm most likely never going to listen to an album and enjoy it because it brings Marlow's character into focus or anything like that. If it sounds good, I'll listen to it. What I do as a writer is try and flush out all of the reasons that I enjoy or dislike an an album, but beyond the "this is good, this is bad," obviously. There's no such thing as a universally good reviewer, so it's hard to try to fit yourself into that mold.

Dextrimental
08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I generally just look for an overview with a review. I don't care for the perspective, I just look for a general overview on how the album is, good or bad, and perhaps some comparison between this release and the bands previous releases. I'm working on my first review this evening, to be online this weekend, and I'm taking that perspective.

larvtard
08-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I generally just look for an overview with a review. I don't care for the perspective, I just look for a general overview on how the album is, good or bad, and perhaps some comparison between this release and the bands previous releases. I'm working on my first review this evening, to be online this weekend, and I'm taking that perspective.

But that's terribly generic. Almost all reviews are written in that way. Sure, I'd appreciate a few sentences saying "yeah this is really good doom/sludge for fans of Eyehategod," but beyond that, there's no point in saying "well I like this song because it has an awesome thrash break" because I can find that thrash break myself. If I wasn't going to listen to that album anyway, an awesome thrash break won't convince me otherwise.

BloodoftheKings
08-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I don't consider my self a reviewer but i've written some reviews. Basically I just say whether I liked or disliked the album and talk about what tracks stuck out to me as good or bad.

slapguitarer
08-11-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm going to SoCal tomorrow.

christopher
08-11-2011, 09:40 PM

Cool, for what? POTR?

rjturtle9
08-11-2011, 10:01 PM

Come say Hi?

mankvill
08-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Come say Hi?

The meeting of the turtles

slapguitarer
08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Cool, for what? POTR?

No, to visit family. My mom made it clear I would be going to no concerts down there. :bouville:

Come say Hi?

Depends on my schedule. I know one of the day I'm going to the beach with the family.

christopher
08-11-2011, 10:50 PM
No, to visit family. My mom made it clear I would be going to no concerts down there. :bouville:

Depends on my schedule. I know one of the day I'm going to the beach with the family.

Bummer about no shows. How long will you be in town for?

slapguitarer
08-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Bummer about no shows. How long will you be in town for?

Threw Sunday. I leave Monday morning.

OraclesofAgony
08-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Drunk and listening to Fleshgod Apocalypse.

MPF
08-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Just got done with Show 3 of my radio show.

christopher
08-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Drunk and listening to Fleshgod Apocalypse.

Nice:rocker:

makethemsuffer12
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Just downloaded Spotify.

treghet
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Just downloaded Spotify.

THE CD IS OVER MUSIC IS NOT A VIABLE SOURCE OF INCOME SPOTIFY WILL SAVE US.

DethMaiden
08-12-2011, 01:57 PM
THE CD IS OVER MUSIC IS NOT A VIABLE SOURCE OF INCOME SPOTIFY WILL SAVE US.

What?

treghet
08-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Ever heard of MetalSucks?

makethemsuffer12
08-12-2011, 02:04 PM
What?

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/08/08/century-media-pulls-out-of-spotify-buries-heads-in-the-sand/

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/08/09/century-media-responds-to-spotify-uproar-vince-responds-to-century-media/

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/08/10/century-media-responds-again-the-spotify-debate-rages-on/

DethMaiden
08-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Oh. Yes, but I don't really like it, so if you don't mind filling me in on the reference that would be great.

EDIT: Never mind, thanks.

treghet
08-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Both of them sound like kids arguing over a bucket. It is quite entertaining though.

ravenheart
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Threw Sunday. I leave Monday morning.

Why did you throw Sunday? Seems a touch mean.

brutal_descent
08-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Why did you throw Sunday? Seems a touch mean.

Sunday has feelings too!

idrinkwine732
08-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Fuckin' hate Sunday.

BloodoftheKings
08-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I got my drivers permit today. Should have got it a year ago but better late then never I guess.

OraclesofAgony
08-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I got my drivers permit today. Should have got it a year ago but better late then never I guess.

I didn't get my driver's license 'til I was 19. Missed so many awesome shows because of my laziness/stupidity. :mad:

LAXdef16
08-12-2011, 09:00 PM
I went to Six Flags Over Texas on my day off from there with my dad to finally go ride the new Texas Giant. At first I was afraid that it may have been over-hyped, but it did not disappoint, especially in the last row :drool:.It was absolutely awesome, but I think I still like the old Giant better just because it rattled your brains out and this one is so smooth. Still a great ride though. It's still tied for number 1 at the park with Mr. Freeze. All in all it was a great afternoon!

ShatteredFlame
08-12-2011, 09:01 PM
A drunk driver hit me today and completely fucked up my car :(.

I'm alright luckily and I have loads of witnesses/pics and insurance. But seriously he wasn't considered legally drunk (only tested 0.2) yet the cops found beer cans in his car, and he had a suspended license, and he had this fucked up metal hip and shouldn't have been driving in the first place. Yet they still couldn't arrest him? I hate the law sometimes. Even the cop was completely pissed at that guy.

larvtard
08-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I went to Six Flags Over Texas on my day off from there with my dad to finally go ride the new Texas Giant. At first I was afraid that it may have been over-hyped, but it did not disappoint, especially in the last row :drool:.It was absolutely awesome, but I think I still like the old Giant better just because it rattled your brains out and this one is so smooth. Still a great ride though. It's still tied for number 1 at the park with Mr. Freeze. All in all it was a great afternoon!

hey, you work there right? Dallas has been like 105 degrees each day this summer...must be brutal out there all day

LAXdef16
08-12-2011, 09:09 PM
hey, you work there right? Dallas has been like 105 degrees each day this summer...must be brutal out there all day

Yes I do and sometimes it is just ridiculous out there. We have first aid driving through the park for people passing out from dehydration all the time. It sucks so much working out in the heat especially if the sun is directly in your face. I envy those who work at Batman and Mr. Freeze.

OraclesofAgony
08-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Beer, Jack, and Metal. :rocker:

Butcher of Birth
08-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Eating breakfast. Later getting ready for Megadeth.

mastodon421
08-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Sitting around, i'm still exhausted from Summer Slaughter yesterday.

GarageMetal468
08-13-2011, 08:11 AM

I'm alright luckily and I have loads of witnesses/pics and insurance. But seriously he wasn't considered legally drunk (only tested 0.2) yet the cops found beer cans in his car, and he had a suspended license, and he had this fucked up metal hip and shouldn't have been driving in the first place. Yet they still couldn't arrest him? I hate the law sometimes. Even the cop was completely pissed at that guy.

Damn, good to know you're okay. I fucking hate drunk drivers and people who drink and drive. If that ever happened to me and I survived I don't think I could contain myself from beating the shit out of the drunk who hit me. Sucks about the car and the guy not getting arrested though. I'm sure it'll work out soon enough.

ShatteredFlame
08-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Damn, good to know you're okay. I fucking hate drunk drivers and people who drink and drive. If that ever happened to me and I survived I don't think I could contain myself from beating the shit out of the drunk who hit me. Sucks about the car and the guy not getting arrested though. I'm sure it'll work out soon enough.

Thanks for the concern. I was more in shock that I almost died, dude came straight at me at full speed and all I could do was turn a little to the left. Even if I did get out of the way the person behind me would have been fucked (they only got scraped a little).

makethemsuffer12
08-13-2011, 08:53 AM

Holy shit man, I'm glad you're alright.

jd091
08-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Holy shit man, I'm glad you're alright.

Same! That sucks so much!

Ape
08-13-2011, 02:14 PM
about to leave to see charlie daniels band about 2 minutes from my house. lol this should be interesting it was a free ticket and i only know one song. which should be obvious which one

christopher
08-13-2011, 02:28 PM
About to head out to POTR. I can't wait to see Winter! I hope they play Destiny:rocker:

about to leave to see charlie daniels band about 2 minutes from my house. lol this should be interesting it was a free ticket and i only know one song. which should be obvious which one

I bet its Long Haired Country Boy ;) Have fun! I always wanted to see him, but I don't think he's come out here in a while.

christopher
08-14-2011, 12:53 AM
I just got home from Power of the Riff. Fucking awesome! I'm going to put my review up tomorrow, or maybe tonight after I watch some Mad Men haha. I saw all who I wanted to see. I left before Pentagram and got some food during Trap Them.

Sepultura69
08-14-2011, 02:00 AM
I just got home from Power of the Riff. Fucking awesome! I'm going to put my review up tomorrow, or maybe tonight after I watch some Mad Men haha. I saw all who I wanted to see. I left before Pentagram and got some food during Trap Them.

ahahahahaah goddammit chris! Once again we have failed to meet up at a metal gig. My phone died about 2 seconds after I called you. I sware to god I think I probably passed you like 90 times at the show(Hell, you might have been next to me during EHG, I was in the very front center, about one person away from being on the rail.

Show was fucking great. I just got home(finally)..

Nat, PELICAN WAS FUCKING AMAZING, i was probably the only person in that entire venue going into a headbanging frenzie through out their entire set. AND I LITERALLY MEAN THE ONLY ONE. Everyone else was just kina...chillin?....:hecho:

Alright I'll shush now and save the rest of my rant for the gig section :dance:

christopher
08-14-2011, 02:28 AM
ahahahahaah goddammit chris! Once again we have failed to meet up at a metal gig. My phone died about 2 seconds after I called you. I sware to god I think I probably passed you like 90 times at the show(Hell, you might have been next to me during EHG, I was in the very front center, about one person away from being on the rail.

Show was fucking great. I just got home(finally)..

Nat, PELICAN WAS FUCKING AMAZING, i was probably the only person in that entire venue going into a headbanging frenzie through out their entire set. AND I LITERALLY MEAN THE ONLY ONE. Everyone else was just kina...chillin?....:hecho:

Alright I'll shush now and save the rest of my rant for the gig section :dance:

I think we were next to each other during EHG:bouville: That seriously sucks we missed out again!!! I called you 4 times and it went straight to voicemail :( Goddamnit!!!!!! Well I'm going to start my review thread soon so hopefully we both don't post one hahaha.

christopher
08-14-2011, 03:03 AM
Oh FUCK MY LIFE!!!!!! I just spent a good amount of time writing a long ass review of the show and I accidentally deleted it all, FML I'll post it tomorrow

jd091
08-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Oh FUCK MY LIFE!!!!!! I just spent a good amount of time writing a long ass review of the show and I accidentally deleted it all, FML I'll post it tomorrow

I've done that twice. It sucks so fucking goddamn much. Please post it though, since you write bomb reviews! :snivel:

And why am I not surprised that you and Sep69 would be, like, best friends? :lol:

Sepultura69
08-14-2011, 09:53 AM

POST ANOTHER ONE :flame:

larvtard
08-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Try to use correct grammar this time :cool:

christopher
08-14-2011, 12:01 PM
I've done that twice. It sucks so fucking goddamn much. Please post it though, since you write bomb reviews! :snivel:

And why am I not surprised that you and Sep69 would be, like, best friends? :lol:

I'll repost it shortly. Sep and I need to meet first before we can become best friends :lol:

Try to use correct grammar this time :cool:

hahaha. I try to use correct grammer when I post on here. You can tell I've been drinking when I sound like I never took an English class:tongue:

larvtard
08-14-2011, 12:33 PM
These all describe me perfectly :(

http://www.quickmeme.com/Socially-Awkward-Penguin/popular/

BloodoftheKings
08-14-2011, 01:05 PM
These all describe me perfectly :(

http://www.quickmeme.com/Socially-Awkward-Penguin/popular/

http://t.qkme.me/Bi0.jpg

I hate when this shit happens to me.

GarageMetal468
08-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Funny enough, the opposite happened to me at school last year. I thought these 2 girls walking in front of me were pointing at someone behind me, and after looking behind me and seeing no one and hearing them say something about "scary" and "shirt" it turned out they were pointing at my Skeletonwitch Breathing the Fire shirt :rocker:

christopher
08-14-2011, 02:49 PM
http://t.qkme.me/wM.jpg

BloodoftheKings
08-14-2011, 02:56 PM
http://t.qkme.me/e0r.jpg

lol'd hard at this one

christopher
08-14-2011, 03:00 PM
http://t.qkme.me/1gxu.jpg

Oh god, that ones great :lol:

makethemsuffer12
08-14-2011, 03:50 PM
:lol: These are great. Definitely relatable to myself, though not to that great of an extent anymore.

They're funny because they're soooooooo true. I guess I didn't realize how socially awkward I can be.

BloodoftheKings
08-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I can relate to Foul Bachelor Frog as well... not so much the gross ones.
http://www.quickmeme.com/Foul-Bachelor-Frog/

http://t.qkme.me/C1.jpg
Me, every day

idrinkwine732
08-14-2011, 04:07 PM
http://t.qkme.me/e0r.jpg

lol'd hard at this one

I did that today...:eyes:

makethemsuffer12
08-14-2011, 04:08 PM

http://t.qkme.me/C1.jpg
Me, every day

This too.

Maiden33
08-14-2011, 05:27 PM

...it scares me how many of these seem to apply to me and things I've actually done. :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
08-14-2011, 05:32 PM
...it scares me how many of these seem to apply to me and things I've actually done. :eyes:

I think most men have done a good share of these things.

jd091
08-14-2011, 05:41 PM
I think most men have done a good share of these things.

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/038/790/original/Foul-Bachelor-Frog-FINISHED-POOPING-10-MINUETS-AGO-STILL-PLAYING-GAMEBOY-ON-THE-TOILET.jpg?1265447916

Every fucking day. :eyes:

ShatteredFlame
08-14-2011, 06:45 PM
uhhh I took off my contacts, then hung around for awhile after. Went to take my contacts off again because something was wrong, my vision is actually better and it felt like I still had them on. Well my contacts are in my case and I kept trying to get them out of my eye until it hurt. Nothing came out and my vision is clearer, wtf?!?!?

jd091
08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
uhhh I took off my contacts, then hung around for awhile after. Went to take my contacts off again because something was wrong, my vision is actually better and it felt like I still had them on. Well my contacts are in my case and I kept trying to get them out of my eye until it hurt. Nothing came out and my vision is clearer, wtf?!?!?

Where can I get some of this cannabis? Sounds legit.

BloodoftheKings
08-14-2011, 08:41 PM

DethMaiden
08-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Currently writing my first installment of a column I'm doing this year called That's Unheard Of! on underexposed music. This one will be kind of an introduction to the idea of the column as well as a sort of sideways book review of Retromania.

BloodoftheKings
08-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Anthony Fantano (theneedledrop) sent me a reply when I told him about the new Wormrot EP. I feel special. :dorky:

christopher
08-14-2011, 11:59 PM

Seriously, I want what he's on.

christopher
08-15-2011, 12:05 AM
http://fuckyeahretailrobin.tumblr.com/

I really like this one :lol:

larvtard
08-15-2011, 07:11 AM
http://fuckyeahretailrobin.tumblr.com/

I really like this one :lol:

this is my life http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_louhxxCq4S1qm3qzeo1_400.jpg

jd091
08-15-2011, 07:26 AM
MY LIFE:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmuqsg29Se1qa1crjo1_400.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmare8ghop1qa1crjo1_400.png

http://i.qkme.me/9s.jpg

http://i.qkme.me/1gkm.jpg

And above all others, this:

http://i.qkme.me/1b1r.jpg

larvtard
08-15-2011, 07:30 AM
I was gonna post all the penguin pics that described me, and then I got a message that said I can only use 14 images in a post, not 45.

jd091
08-15-2011, 07:33 AM
I was gonna post all the penguin pics that described me, and then I got a message that said I can only use 14 images in a post, not 45.

larvtard
08-15-2011, 07:36 AM

And that wasn't nearly all of them, either. I had to go back to work :hecho:

jd091
08-15-2011, 07:37 AM
And that wasn't nearly all of them, either. I had to go back to work :hecho:

You officially made my Facebook quotations now. Check.

ShatteredFlame
08-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Went to get my blood drawn cause i have to every month for my medication. But this time i had to go with my brother cause he has to get a blood test before he starts football. Well mine went quick as usual but for my brother they needed a fax from the doctor and i have been sitting here for more than an hour, starving cause i had to fast for hours :flame:

larvtard
08-15-2011, 07:42 AM
You officially made my Facebook quotations now. Check.

:D

What about that other quote you said you'd do?

jd091
08-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Went to get my blood drawn cause i have to every month for my medication. But this time i had to go with my brother cause he has to get a blood test before he starts football. Well mine went quick as usual but for my brother they needed a fax from the doctor and i have been sitting here for more than an hour, starving cause i had to fast for hours :flame:

I thought you were gonna say your brother got some horrible deadly blood disease, but nope. You're just hungry. :lol:

ShatteredFlame
08-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Well my brother almost fainted cause he sucks with needles. I'm back home now. McDonalds breakfast is over and I'm still starving :(

idrinkwine732
08-15-2011, 08:17 AM
I used to give blood every two months, but I had to stop once I started traveling a lot. Now that I've been to Honduras and haven't been confirmed for not having malaria, I have another year or so, apparently...:(

ShatteredFlame
08-15-2011, 08:34 AM
What sucks is I have to go to college in CT but have to come back to Long Island twice every month. Once to get my blood drawn, and another for the doctors appointment.

DethMaiden
08-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Interviewing Jeff Bridges tomorrow. Yep.

powerslave_85
08-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Interviewing Jeff Bridges tomorrow. Yep.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't make any Lebowski references. I know, it's hard, but don't be "that guy."

mastodon421
08-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Just read that Dillinger isn't opening for BTBAM at the House Of Blues anymore. Apparently they have been replaced with Cave In and The Red Chord. Not bad replacements by any means (The Red Chord is also one of my favorite bands), but I was really excited to Dillinger again.

DethMaiden
08-15-2011, 10:48 AM

Don't make any Lebowski references. I know, it's hard, but don't be "that guy."

I know, I know. :lol: I'll save them for my intro to the Q&A. ;)

In all seriousness I'm going to try to find a classy way of thanking him for making it. That movie is basically the antidote for every bad mood I've ever been in, I've seen it easily 100 times, it would be hard for me to speak with Bridges and not at least express my gratitude.

powerslave_85
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
So what's the occasion? Does he have a new project coming out or something?

DethMaiden
08-15-2011, 11:04 AM
So what's the occasion? Does he have a new project coming out or something?

He's got a folk/country album coming out tomorrow, so it'll mostly be about that. Film-wise I'd expect Crazy Heart to be the one we talk about most, naturally.

powerslave_85
08-15-2011, 11:08 AM
I just pre-ordered the Big Lebowski Blu-Ray (it comes out tomorrow, but I don't feel like gambling on whether the stores here will have it).

idrinkwine732
08-15-2011, 04:05 PM
One of my best friends is leaving for school tomorrow and I don't know how to tell her how much I'm going to miss her.

mankvill
08-15-2011, 04:13 PM
One of my best friends is leaving for school tomorrow and I don't know how to tell her how much I'm going to miss her.

So cute. Run after her in the airport and tell her how much you love her.

jd091
08-15-2011, 04:19 PM

"Hey, (so and so), I'm really gonna miss ya. Keep in touch, alright?"

And there you go.

(passionate kiss afterwards would not be detrimental.)

ShatteredFlame
08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
i just found out there is an indie artist named Wolf Gang (http://www.last.fm/music/Wolf+Gang) LAME!!!!

idrinkwine732
08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
You guys really know how to react to a rare moment of sincerity from me ;).

Perhaps I should be more aware of my use of pronouns.

jd091
08-15-2011, 04:24 PM
You guys really know how to react to a rare moment of sincerity from me ;).

Perhaps I should be more aware of my use of pronouns.

Come on, man. Nobody has a "best friend" that's female that they haven't had a massive crush on for years.

At least give her a hug and let her know how much you'll miss her and to keep in touch.

mankvill
08-15-2011, 04:25 PM
i just found out there is an indie artist named Wolf Gang (http://www.last.fm/music/Wolf+Gang) LAME!!!!

Good thing there isn't one named Flog Gnaw!

masterguy49
08-15-2011, 04:36 PM
So cute. Run after her in the airport and tell her how much you love her.

This, except do it naked.

If all goes according to plan, have sex with her in the bathroom stalls.

idrinkwine732
08-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Come on, man. Nobody has a "best friend" that's female that they haven't had a massive crush on for years.
Of course I have one of those, this just isn't her.

illuminatus917
08-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Being "just friends" with a girl you find attractive might not be possible. I'm still trying to figure it out.

DethMaiden
08-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Being "just friends" with a girl you find attractive might not be possible. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Very possible! Half the time this frustrates me horribly, but some of my very best friends are very pretty girls.

powerslave_85
08-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Very possible! Half the time this frustrates me horribly, but some of my very best friends are very pretty girls.Well then it's not really possible, is it? :lol:

Dextrimental
08-15-2011, 07:16 PM

It is possible, I've a couple. It has taken a few years to get it right though!

Gonna give the new Chimaira a proper listen tonight, see how it goes. Hopefully this does them justice after Resurrection.

DethMaiden
08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Well then it's not really possible, is it? :lol:

"Half the girls," should say.

makethemsuffer12
08-15-2011, 08:15 PM
The Thrashin' of the Christ
Hazardous Mutation
Municipal Waste

:rocker:

larvtard
08-15-2011, 08:22 PM
The Thrashin' of the Christ
Hazardous Mutation
Municipal Waste

:rocker:

so you're thrashing Christ right now? Because this is the "What Are You Doing' thread ;)

makethemsuffer12
08-15-2011, 09:13 PM
so you're thrashing Christ right now? Because this is the "What Are You Doing' thread ;)

SUCK MY DICK LOGAN

masterguy49
08-15-2011, 09:27 PM
SUCK MY DICK LOGAN

Don't tempt him :eyes:

jd091
08-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Don't tempt him :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
My past 3 days have been very un-eventful and it looks like i'm not the only one whos been bored out of their minds lately, I must have seen about 50 truth is statuses in the past 2 days.

ShatteredFlame
08-15-2011, 11:12 PM
My past 3 days have been very un-eventful and it looks like i'm not the only one whos been bored out of their minds lately, I must have seen about 50 truth is statuses in the past 2 days.

For me everyone is leaving for college in the next 2 weeks so everyone is all depressed and shit. Plus the weather sucks and I have no car anymore. Honestly I am looking forward to college just to get away from how bleak life has been :hecho:

OraclesofAgony
08-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Drunk. That's been a recurring theme since my birthday last Monday.

Natrlhi
08-16-2011, 12:57 AM

Don't make any Lebowski references. I know, it's hard, but don't be "that guy."Does it count if he merely says "Thanks, Dude" at the end?

christopher
08-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Drunk. That's been a recurring theme since my birthday last Monday.

Same, but my bday was in October:lol:. When we are we going to grab a few drinks?

jd091
08-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Same, but my bday was in October:lol:. When we are we going to grab a few drinks?

Def. "Vegantopher": (noun) one who is in a perpetual state of inebriation.

larvtard
08-16-2011, 06:35 AM

Very true :lol:

ARMAN I'M GOING TO RAPE YOUR DOG

DethMaiden
08-16-2011, 06:44 AM
Does it count if he merely says "Thanks, Dude" at the end?

I actually do have a Lebowski reference as a part of one of my questions BUT IT'S TOTALLY RELEVANT TO THE INTERVIEW SO DON'T HATE! The AV Club's last interview with him closed on essentially, "So, why do you like The Big Lebowski so much?" so I think I've got that beat. ;)

christopher
08-16-2011, 11:37 AM

masterguy49
08-16-2011, 12:09 PM
ARMAN I'M GOING TO RAPE YOUR DOG
You'd like that wouldn't you :hecho:

jd091
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
I think the craziest concert ever already happened, and I missed it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKFkb9viccQ&feature=related)

:(

ShatteredFlame
08-16-2011, 04:20 PM
I think the craziest concert ever already happened, and I missed it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKFkb9viccQ&feature=related)

they played back in May and I had to miss it :mad:. That might've been there last show too

jd091
08-16-2011, 04:24 PM
they played back in May and I had to miss it :mad:. That might've been there last show too

Fuck, I just looked that up. OH MAI GOD. Fucking incredible. Fucking. Incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtjCKzXSOgA&feature=related

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm in a facebook group where my friend streams movies for a select number of people and this guy I know who's also in the group was bringing up the Human Centipede. I told him that movies over rated and if you want to see fucked up shit that movies nothing. He thought that Human Centipede and A Serbian Film are the most hardcore movie out there. I told him about Cannibal Holocaust and he seemed appalled by the things I told him about it. I didn't even bother to tell him about August Underground. :lol:

Some girl just commented saying the trailer for Human Centipede almost made her vomit. lightweights :lol:

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Holy shit when did I get over 2000 post? It says 2041 and it was just under 2000 a day ago.

makethemsuffer12
08-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Just saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Awesome movie.

christopher
08-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Holy shit when did I get over 2000 post? It says 2041 and it was just under 2000 a day ago.

They add up faster than we think they do:eyes:

jd091
08-16-2011, 09:05 PM
They add up faster than we think they do:eyes:

Yeah, man. It felt like last week I was at 3,000, now I'm past 3,300. :eyes:

Speaking of people addicted to this forum, where the fuck did BrutalDescent go? I miss his Russian accent. :(

christopher
08-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Yeah, man. It felt like last week I was at 3,000, now I'm past 3,300. :eyes:

Speaking of people addicted to this forum, where the fuck did BrutalDescent go? I miss his Russian accent. :(

He's probably at the store with his mommy, finding a new school outfit for his first day of middle school when he goes back to Russia :lol:

jd091
08-16-2011, 09:10 PM
He's probably at the store with his mommy, finding a new school outfit for his first day of middle school when he goes back to Russia :lol:

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm gonna start watching the post counter, there's no way I write 40 post a day.

jd091
08-16-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm gonna start watching the post counter, there's no way I write 40 post a day.

Yeah, Logan PM'd me once, saying "You know you posted 55 times yesterday?" I was like, "Fuck you, no way I did!" :lol:

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah, Logan PM'd me once, saying "You know you posted 55 times yesterday?" I was like, "Fuck you, no way I did!" :lol:

I figure it freezes the post count and then shoots up one day.

larvtard
08-16-2011, 09:36 PM

you wish :lol:

illuminatus917
08-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Human Centipede. I told him that movies over rated and if you want to see fucked up shit that movies nothing.

It's actually a deeply interesting film with a lot of stuff going on if you're willing to pay attention to it.

idrinkwine732
08-16-2011, 09:46 PM

I pay Ed to increase your post count every few days.

jd091
08-16-2011, 09:47 PM
It's actually a deeply interesting film with a lot of stuff going on if you're willing to pay attention to it.

:lol: Only you would say that.

illuminatus917
08-16-2011, 09:47 PM

Don't you post that much every day?

illuminatus917
08-16-2011, 09:48 PM
:lol: Only you would say that.

:lol: Be that as it may, I stand my ground.

jd091
08-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Don't you post that much every day?

Yeah... I dunno, it's pretty high. I should try doing some more drugs irl so I'm not addicted to this forum. :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm pretty much addicted to this forum but I think it's justified. When the day is done i'm basically glued to my computer chair from 11 pm - 2 am every night, and during that time i'm on the computer i'm cycling through facebook, this site, and some other shit while listening to music. It's not like I can just go to sleep.

illuminatus917
08-16-2011, 10:13 PM
So I cut off my hair to give to Locks of Love. I already miss it dreadfully. :(

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Apparently Scott Ian got a part as a zombie in the new season of The Walking Dead:
http://scott-ian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_2483.jpeg

idrinkwine732
08-16-2011, 10:22 PM
So I cut off my hair to give to Locks of Love. I already miss it dreadfully. :(

How short did you go?

slapguitarer
08-16-2011, 10:25 PM
I start my senior year of high school in less then 12 hours. :hecho:

illuminatus917
08-16-2011, 10:27 PM
How short did you go?

Severed at the ponytail, which was 11 or 12''. It doesn't even touch my shoulders anymore.

It looks like Johnny Depp from Secret Window.

christopher
08-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Apparently Scott Ian got a part as a zombie in the new season of The Walking Dead:
http://scott-ian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_2483.jpeg

Even though that's really cool, I'm sad to say Walking Dead is just going to go downhill from here. They were forced to cut down on how many zombies they are going to use in future episodes. WTF! Large quantity of zombies is what that fucking comic was about! They'll ruin the hordes part of the story...

idrinkwine732
08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Severed at the ponytail, which was 11 or 12''. It doesn't even touch my shoulders anymore.

It looks like Johnny Depp from Secret Window.

My condolences, I know that feel.

However, any Johnny Depp comparisons should be welcomed ones. I've come to know that females believe he is attractive.

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 02:29 AM
We don't have uniforms at our school, vegantopher.

jd091
08-17-2011, 05:27 AM

In soviet Russia, uniform wears you!

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 05:34 AM
In soviet Russia, uniform wears you!

That meme isn't funny, especially when you go to an American school in Russia full of stupid brats that think they're so funny when they say that.

jd091
08-17-2011, 05:39 AM
That meme isn't funny, especially when you go to an American school in Russia full of stupid brats that think they're so funny when they say that.

http://philosophistry.com/scans/2010/lol-face.jpg

Srs though, they have American schools there? So is your family from America (like no russian descent) and had to move to Russia for business or something, because I know someone who had to do that for China. He gets DVD's reeeeal cheap over there.

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 06:11 AM
http://philosophistry.com/scans/2010/lol-face.jpg

Srs though, they have American schools there? So is your family from America (like no russian descent) and had to move to Russia for business or something, because I know someone who had to do that for China. He gets DVD's reeeeal cheap over there.

My mom is Russian, and my dad is American. :hmm:

jd091
08-17-2011, 06:44 AM
My mom is Russian, and my dad is American. :hmm:

I never meant to hurt your feelings... :snivel: :hug:

MetalIsArt
08-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Looking for a new job!

christopher
08-17-2011, 07:22 AM

haha I was just messing with you. Anyways I never said anything about a uniform.

brutal_descent
08-17-2011, 07:24 AM
haha I was just messing with you. Anyways I never said anything about a uniform.

I never dress up for school, it's always a plaid shirt, a band tee, jeans, and sneakers. :tongue:

mastodon421
08-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Just saw an interview with Born Of Osiris, they confirmed they are touring with The Faceless, Veil Of Maya, and another Sumerian band TBA in late October/November :party:

powerslave_85
08-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Even though that's really cool, I'm sad to say Walking Dead is just going to go downhill from here. They were forced to cut down on how many zombies they are going to use in future episodes. WTF! Large quantity of zombies is what that fucking comic was about! They'll ruin the hordes part of the story...Blame the tightwads at AMC. They forced the Walking Dead crew to slash their budget (reportedly because Mad Men is so expensive). Frank Darabont fought them tooth and nail, and ended up getting forced off the show.

jd091
08-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Just saw an interview with Born Of Osiris, they confirmed they are touring with The Faceless, Veil Of Maya, and another Sumerian band TBA in late October/November :party:

:eek: HOLY SHIT!

Add Affter the Burial an it will be my Sumeriancore wet dream! Fucking amazing!

jd091
08-17-2011, 11:28 AM
I am currently trying with all of the powers given to me to shut down Design the Skyline's Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_the_Skyline

A wikpedia user by the name of Gunmetal Angel, the creator of the page, reverts any ticket I create to propose eventual deletion (a process which takes 7 days and needs to be reviewed anyway). In my opinion, Design the Skyline pass none of the 12 Wikipedia criteria to be a notable musical artist or ensemble:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability_(music)

1.Has been the subject of multiple, non-trivial, published works appearing in sources that are reliable and are independent from the musician or ensemble itself.[note 1]
This criterion includes published works in all forms, such as newspaper articles, books, magazine articles, online versions of print media, and television documentaries[note 2] except for the following:
Any reprints of press releases, other publications where the musician or ensemble talks about themselves, and all advertising that mentions the musician or ensemble, including manufacturers' advertising.[note 3]
Works comprising merely trivial coverage, such as articles that simply report performance dates, release information or track listings, or the publications of contact and booking details in directories.
Articles in a school or university newspaper (or similar) would generally be considered trivial but should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

2.Has had a single or album on any country's national music chart.

3.Has had a record certified gold or higher in at least one country.

4.Has received non-trivial coverage in independent reliable sources of an international concert tour, or a national concert tour in at least one sovereign country.[note 4]

5.Has released two or more albums on a major label or on one of the more important indie labels (i.e. an independent label with a history of more than a few years, and with a roster of performers, many of whom are notable).

6.Is an ensemble which contains two or more independently notable musicians, or is a musician who has been a member of two or more independently notable ensembles.

7.Has become one of the most prominent representatives of a notable style or the most prominent of the local scene of a city; note that the subject must still meet all ordinary Wikipedia standards, including verifiability.

8.Has won or been nominated for a major music award, such as a Grammy, Juno, Mercury, Choice or Grammis award.

9.Has won or placed in a major music competition.

10.Has performed music for a work of media that is notable, e.g. a theme for a network television show, performance in a television show or notable film, inclusion on a notable compilation album, etc. (But if this is the only claim, it is probably more appropriate to have a mention in the main article and redirect to that article. Read WP:BLP1E and WP:BIO1E for further clarifications)

11.Has been placed in rotation nationally by any major radio network.

12.Has been a featured subject of a substantial broadcast segment across a national radio or TV network.

...but this asshole tells me that they pass criteria 1, 4, 7, and 10, which I highlighted. :wtf: He is wrong, and I WILL HAVE MY SATISFACTION OF SEEING THIS PAGE DELETED. Does anyone know another way for me to report his edits to my deletion requests? Or to report him as a user?

powerslave_85
08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Try this:
1. Step away from your computer.
2. Go outside.

mastodon421
08-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Try this:
2. Go outside.

jd091
08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Try this:
2. Go outside.

That's actually probably the best solution. :eyes:

illuminatus917
08-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Take in the cool afternoon breeze.

larvtard
08-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Take in the cool afternoon breeze.

or think about the meaning of life, read a good book, etc.

DethMaiden
08-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Touch a flower and watch its color burst against the backdrop of the afternoon sky and realize that no matter how big something seems it's small in the context of this vast universe that we all share with the stars and planets and life that we've discovered and life that we haven't.

larvtard
08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Touch a flower and watch its color burst against the backdrop of the afternoon sky and realize that no matter how big something seems it's small in the context of this vast universe that we all share with the stars and planets and life that we've discovered and life that we haven't.

that too :lol:

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 01:48 PM

Fucking hippie.

DethMaiden
08-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Just my illuminatus impression. I've been working on it. :)

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I am currently trying with all of the powers given to me to shut down Design the Skyline's Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_the_Skyline

You need a hobby.

jd091
08-17-2011, 01:53 PM
You need a hobby.

Bored during work and nothing to do. What more do you want from me? :tongue:

IrritatedTrout
08-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I watched a video from that band. They're my new heroes along with the mighty Fred Durst.

idrinkwine732
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Just my illuminatus impression. I've been working on it. :)
Impeccable
Bored during work and nothing to do. What more do you want from me? :tongue:
Work.

jd091
08-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Work.

I don't think you read the "nothing to do" part. :tp:

BloodoftheKings
08-17-2011, 04:06 PM
I watched a video from that band. They're my new heroes along with the mighty Fred Durst.

:fist:

Natrlhi
08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't think you read the "nothing to do" part. :tp:Bullshit. You're WAY more than just "bored". You're clearly on a mission. Take the advice of the almighty TOOL in their song "The Grudge" and just LET IT GO.

jd091
08-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Bullshit. You're WAY more than just "bored". You're clearly on a mission. Take the advice of the almighty TOOL in their song "The Grudge" and just LET IT GO.

:lol: I've wound down for a couple hours playing some Zelda, and I feel better. Probably will just follow the wise man's advice here.

Natrlhi
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
:lol: I've wound down for a couple hours playing some Zelda, and I feel better. Probably will just follow the wise man's advice here.

:lol: I love how I was just trying to bust your chops, but I get accused of being wise in the process. :cool:

I only wish I had that kind of cred with my wife, friends, business associates, players at the poker table, etc. :lol:

GarageMetal468
08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Gah I've been at the car dealership for 3 hours and I got about another hour and a half here. I'm getting my tires changed, worth the wait and money though since my old ones were really bad. Didnt have anything planned tonight anyway.

jd091
08-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Got 10 Spotify invites I can hand out. Who wants one? I think Llama lom already called one...

daimonos
08-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Got 10 Spotify invites I can hand out. Who wants one? I think Llama lom already called one...

Is it free, by chance?

mankvill
08-17-2011, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb5MWlwUwP0&feature=related

Does anyone know what music festival this is? I've seen a ton of videos over the years from it but I always forget the name. I love how it's pretty small, but still big enough that big bands can play it. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of videos of Slayer playing it in like 2006.

edit: I figured it out! It's Hove Festival

IrritatedTrout
08-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Hole in the Sky?

BloodoftheKings
08-17-2011, 06:01 PM
This is serious business.
http://comics.ign.com/articles/118/1187420p1.html

mankvill
08-17-2011, 06:26 PM
This is serious business.
http://comics.ign.com/articles/118/1187420p1.html

Any character that can use The Force would easily dominate any Marvel character without psychic powers.

Darth Maul over Wolverine.
Luke Skywalker DOMINATING Spider-Man.
Obi-Wan Kenobia and Professor X would be tough. I think Professor X would win.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go eat a steak and get my dick sucked.

BloodoftheKings
08-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Any character that can use The Force would easily dominate any Marvel character without psychic powers.

Darth Maul over Wolverine.
Luke Skywalker DOMINATING Spider-Man.
Obi-Wan Kenobia and Professor X would be tough. I think Professor X would win.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go eat a steak and get my dick sucked.

I went by who I think is a better character rather then who would win the fight. And in that sense it's:

Wolverine > Darth Maul
Luke Skywalker > Spiderman
Obi Wan > Professor X (thats a tough one though)

slapguitarer
08-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Math

:bouville:

LAXdef16
08-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Math

EWWWWW

christopher
08-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Math

What's wrong with math? I love it. I'm actually reading in advance for my Multi Variable Calculus class I start next month.

slapguitarer
08-17-2011, 08:15 PM
What's wrong with math? I love it. I'm actually reading in advance for my Multi Variable Calculus class I start next month.

I'm in AP Calculus this year. I don't really hate it, but we're doing a bunch of review work, and I forget how to do a small chunk of it.

larvtard
08-17-2011, 08:22 PM

I didn't realize that I could take Logic (Philosophy) for a math credit, so I signed up for Applications of Finite Math :bouville: I dropped the class, but I can't find anything else right now, so I'll probably add something during the 2-week Add/Drop period. I'm at 4 classes right now, but one of them is an Honors College seminar and I want to take as many classes as I can in college, not just because I want to learn as much as I can, but because I want to justify my parents spending this much money.

christopher
08-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm in AP Calculus this year. I don't really hate it, but we're doing a bunch of review work, and I forget how to do a small chunk of it.

Oh you're still in high school right? I don't remember exactly what I went over in high school cause its been a while, but the main thing I hated was trig substitution in take derivatives. I though power series were pointless cause it felt like it was the same concept over and over and over.

slapguitarer
08-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh you're still in high school right? I don't remember exactly what I went over in high school cause its been a while, but the main thing I hated was trig substitution in take derivatives. I though power series were pointless cause it felt like it was the same concept over and over and over.

Yeah. I'll be sure to watch out for those.

christopher
08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah. I'll be sure to watch out for those.

Is this the first year in Calculus for you?

slapguitarer
08-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Is this the first year in Calculus for you?

Yes.

christopher
08-17-2011, 09:31 PM
I didn't realize that I could take Logic (Philosophy) for a math credit, so I signed up for Applications of Finite Math :bouville: I dropped the class, but I can't find anything else right now, so I'll probably add something during the 2-week Add/Drop period. I'm at 4 classes right now, but one of them is an Honors College seminar and I want to take as many classes as I can in college, not just because I want to learn as much as I can, but because I want to justify my parents spending this much money.

This is your first year at college right? How many units do the 4 classes you have add up to. Different schools have different rules for units, its stupid. 4 classes at my school would be a full load(16 units), and I wouldn't want to deal with anymore.

JRA
08-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Someone needs to crack a Peter North joke :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
08-17-2011, 11:34 PM

BloodoftheKings
08-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Plot summary for the Human Centipede 2:
The story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film in the series, The Human Centipede, and uses sandpaper to pleasure himself whilst watching the film. He decides to create a "human centipede" of his own, this time comprised of twelve victims as opposed to the first film's three. He uses his human centipede to his own sexual delight, taking sexual pleasure in watching the victims of the centipede defecate in each other's mouths, and using barbed wire wrapped around around his penis to rape the woman at the end of the centipede.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Dextrimental
08-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Plot summary for the Human Centipede 2:
The story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film in the series, The Human Centipede, and uses sandpaper to pleasure himself whilst watching the film. He decides to create a "human centipede" of his own, this time comprised of twelve victims as opposed to the first film's three. He uses his human centipede to his own sexual delight, taking sexual pleasure in watching the victims of the centipede defecate in each other's mouths, and using barbed wire wrapped around around his penis to rape the woman at the end of the centipede.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Early October, you guys get a limited theatrical run of this, see it in my honor!