PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

DethMaiden
01-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Wellll, it's 8:38 p.m., how late is too late to take a nap?

Natrlhi
01-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Never. Stupid fucking question.

Next topic?

;)

powerslave_85
01-13-2011, 05:51 PM
If I take naps in the evening, I can't sleep that night, so I don't do it if I have somewhere to be the next morning. I hardly ever take naps, though.

larvtard
01-13-2011, 06:03 PM
The first time I tried to get into a 21+ venue was for a Vital Remains show, but they canceled at the last second, so the doorman didn't even bother checking ID's. The 2nd time I showed my ID but they wouldn't let me go in.

meh. Do you think going in the back door of the bar would work? (assuming someone would eventually let me in)

ChildrenofSodom
01-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Damn this snow. I was about to drive somewhere to do something gay.

mankvill
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
meh. Do you think going in the back door of the bar would work? (assuming someone would eventually let me in)

Hmm. Well, if there's no doorman at the back door, then I'd say go for it? Maybe have a friend or someone whose already in let you in DURING an opening band? I dunno if they'd card you again if you're inside. Depends on if there's enough people there where they wouldn't recognize that they didn't let you in.

larvtard
01-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Hmm. Well, if there's no doorman at the back door, then I'd say go for it? Maybe have a friend or someone whose already in let you in DURING an opening band? I dunno if they'd card you again if you're inside. Depends on if there's enough people there where they wouldn't recognize that they didn't let you in.

that sounds like it could work :cool:
Newb question: are there usually doormen at the back door?

mankvill
01-13-2011, 06:27 PM
that sounds like it could work :cool:
Newb question: are there usually doormen at the back door?

The place in KC has like an actual outside bar/dj stuff so they usually do, but if it's the actual back door into the establishment, I would doubt they'd have one.

larvtard
01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
The place in KC has like an actual outside bar/dj stuff so they usually do, but if it's the actual back door into the establishment, I would doubt they'd have one.

all right, thanks for the help dude

SomewhereInTime72
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I've had the displeasure of taking a "nap" at 4pm only to wake up at 12:30 realizing I just slept the entire day and am no longer able to sleep that night. :(

Maiden33
01-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm not 100% sure how Facebook privacy rules work on my profile anymore, but I know a bunch of you are friends with me anyway.

Check out my cover of Adrian Smith's Caught Somewhere In Time solo!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1794416137258

powerslave_85
01-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Wow, EXCELLENT work dude. That was just about note-perfect. What guitar are you using?

Also, it seems to me that Adrian's solos would be the easiest to learn perfectly, since he's more restrained and methodical. T/F?

Maiden33
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow, EXCELLENT work dude. That was just about note-perfect. What guitar are you using?

Also, it seems to me that Adrian's solos would be the easiest to learn perfectly, since he's more restrained and methodical. T/F?

Thanks a lot, man. I play an Epiphone Les Paul Studio. Been my guitar of choice for about 6 and a half years now. I've owned and played other guitars but nothing really "does" it for me like that damn guitar, haha. It's so worn down by this point though.

And I'd say your assessment is pretty accurate. I've only ever tried to learn one Dave solo (The Prisoner, since my band covered it as a 4-piece, I played both solos), but it wound up being more or less improve around general themes rather than trying to learn it note for note. Also, Adrian has been a HUGE influence on the way I play and the way my brain "thinks" musically, so figuring out his solos can be pretty easy for me. I'm sure I'll get to posting another one or two eventually.

Indestructible
01-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm not 100% sure how Facebook privacy rules work on my profile anymore, but I know a bunch of you are friends with me anyway.

:metal::metal:

powerslave_85
01-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks a lot, man. I play an Epiphone Les Paul Studio. Been my guitar of choice for about 6 and a half years now. I've owned and played other guitars but nothing really "does" it for me like that damn guitar, haha. It's so worn down by this point though.

And I'd say your assessment is pretty accurate. I've only ever tried to learn one Dave solo (The Prisoner, since my band covered it as a 4-piece, I played both solos), but it wound up being more or less improve around general themes rather than trying to learn it note for note. Also, Adrian has been a HUGE influence on the way I play and the way my brain "thinks" musically, so figuring out his solos can be pretty easy for me. I'm sure I'll get to posting another one or two eventually.
I've heard good things about Epiphone Les Pauls. Maybe if I ever get back on the wagon and start playing again I'll buy one.

Maiden33
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM
I've heard good things about Epiphone Les Pauls. Maybe if I ever get back on the wagon and start playing again I'll buy one.

Yeah, I think they're amazing, especially for the price. I can't find another guitar in the <$600-ish bracket I like more than my Epi Les Paul in terms of overall sound and product quality.

They're not very common for guitarists in my "line of work" since they're not really "ideal" shredder guitars. The neck on a Strat-style guitar is usually MUCH "faster" and "smother". I can knock arpeggios out with half the effort on my Strat, but the tone is like 1/100th as good. Also, a lot of my big guitar influences are people who make "shred" work on a Les Paul. See: John Sykes, Neal Schon, Gary Moore, Doug Aldrich, Mark Reale.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I also did a cover of Dream Theater's "Another Day":
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1794461818400

jd091
01-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I think they're amazing, especially for the price. I can't find another guitar in the <$600-ish bracket I like more than my Epi Les Paul in terms of overall sound and product quality.

They're not very common for guitarists in my "line of work" since they're not really "ideal" shredder guitars. The neck on a Strat-style guitar is usually MUCH "faster" and "smother". I can knock arpeggios out with half the effort on my Strat, but the tone is like 1/100th as good. Also, a lot of my big guitar influences are people who make "shred" work on a Les Paul. See: John Sykes, Neal Schon, Gary Moore, Doug Aldrich, Mark Reale.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I also did a cover of Dream Theater's "Another Day":
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1794461818400

Epi Les Pauls also weigh about a fucking metric ton. My first electric was one, and I love it to death, but it just hurts to play it standing up.

In terms of shredding and arpeggios, nothing beats my Jackson Dinky. I don't care what you say!

Dextrimental
01-14-2011, 04:39 AM
Ibanez RG 350, I can fly up and down that bad boy no bother at all.. I've had it since I was 18, amazing guitar, tone is perfect and it just does EVERYTHING.. However, I want a Les Paul someday for the fucking rock n roll tones you can get out of it.. I am a huge blues fan, so I would love that so when I jam the blues or feel like playing some Gary Moore or Rory Gallagher, I can really blast it :D

Also righteous covers Maiden33 :) Must post one of my covers on here someday, when I am bothered!

DethMaiden
01-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Never. Stupid fucking question.

Next topic?

;)

If I take naps in the evening, I can't sleep that night, so I don't do it if I have somewhere to be the next morning. I hardly ever take naps, though.

I've had the displeasure of taking a "nap" at 4pm only to wake up at 12:30 realizing I just slept the entire day and am no longer able to sleep that night. :(

Well, I just woke up from mine, 13.5 hours later. :eyes:

Div
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
hope noone out there got a zodiac tattoo, lol....

Maiden33
01-14-2011, 09:49 AM
hope noone out there got a zodiac tattoo, lol....

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

ChildrenofSodom
01-14-2011, 12:49 PM
For the love Pete, that stuff is all made up bullshit....why do some people care so much?

Derelict
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
For the love Pete, that stuff is all made up bullshit....why do some people care so much?

Wait...so the day 9 months after your parents had sex doesnt dictate the rest of your life? Hm.

IrritatedTrout
01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
I fucking hate Zodiac signs. :hecho:

SomewhereInTime72
01-14-2011, 02:43 PM

:rocker: :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
So I'm taking a poli sci class entitled Genocide in the Modern World this coming semester. I got the books for it in the mail the other day and I've been reading one that deals with the prosecution of Serbian war criminals in The Hague. I "knew" about the wars in Yugoslavia before this but I didn't really understand it as it is a very complicated conflict. In the past few hours I've been doing a lot of reading about the wars (mostly on Wikipedia, scholarly, I know) and especially about the war crimes, crimes against humanity, and ethnic cleansing that occurred on all sides. I literally feel sick. The witness testimonies and the pictures and descriptions of all the atrocities are unimaginable. It's so fucked up on such an inhuman level that I don't even know how to feel about it except depressed.

I feel like this will be the most challenging class I've ever taken.

ChildrenofSodom
01-14-2011, 04:13 PM
So I'm taking a poli sci class entitled Genocide in the Modern World this coming semester. I got the books for it in the mail the other day and I've been reading one that deals with the prosecution of Serbian war criminals in The Hague. I "knew" about the wars in Yugoslavia before this but I didn't really understand it as it is a very complicated conflict. In the past few hours I've been doing a lot of reading about the wars (mostly on Wikipedia, scholarly, I know) and especially about the war crimes, crimes against humanity, and ethnic cleansing that occurred on all sides. I literally feel sick. The witness testimonies and the pictures and descriptions of all the atrocities are unimaginable. It's so fucked up on such an inhuman level that I don't even know how to feel about it except depressed.

I feel like this will be the most challenging class I've ever taken.

Now imagine that in a score of other places on the planet, maybe more. Right now.

IrritatedTrout
01-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I know, that's what I was thinking about when I went running tonight. To say it's a travesty is an understatement.

mankvill
01-14-2011, 05:25 PM
eatin some local kc bbq

u jelly

idrinkwine732
01-14-2011, 05:26 PM
eatin some local kc bbq

u jelly

I've been to KC, Nashville and Austin many a time, but nothing will beat the bbq right here in my home town.

DethMaiden
01-14-2011, 05:26 PM
eatin some local kc bbq

u jelly

Nah son. I'm not even from Texas and I know Texas BBQ is better.

mankvill
01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
I've been to KC, Nashville and Austin many a time, but nothing will beat the bbq right here in my home town.

well yeah, you grow up with only pig-disgusting non-bbq to eat and you grow attached to it. I don't blame you.

mankvill
01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Nah son. I'm not even from Texas and I know Texas BBQ is better.

>has never eaten KC, Memphis or Texas BBQ

idrinkwine732
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM
well yeah, you grow up with only pig-disgusting non-bbq to eat and you grow attached to it. I don't blame you.
I'll admit, you've got some fine stuff over there, but it's all eclipsed by this little joint on the other side of the Caldecott Tunnel.

>has never eaten KC, Memphis or Texas BBQ

He's from Indiana man. Don't get on his case, he's going through enough ;).

mankvill
01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
He's from Indiana man. Don't get on his case, he's going through enough ;).

:D

larvtard
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM

San Francisco BBQ? Never heard of it :allan:
Georgia BBQ is pretty killer, too, though I'm sure we're inferior to Texas and Memphis.

Maiden33
01-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Just confirmed I'm going to Atlanta for ProgPower USA XII's Wednesday/Thursday shows this year! Not gonna be staying for Friday/Saturday due to lack of interest, but Wednesday is an Acoustic Evergrey performance + Metal Karaoke, and Thursday is Evergrey/Vanden Plas doing a double headliner. Finally seeing Evergrey after over 6 years of faithful waiting and fanship! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

DethMaiden
01-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Just confirmed I'm going to Atlanta for ProgPower USA XII's Wednesday/Thursday shows this year! Not gonna be staying for Friday/Saturday due to lack of interest, but Wednesday is an Acoustic Evergrey performance + Metal Karaoke, and Thursday is Evergrey/Vanden Plas doing a double headliner. Finally seeing Evergrey after over 6 years of faithful waiting and fanship! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Still wanna know if they're playing closer to home? :tongue:

Maiden33
01-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Still wanna know if they're playing closer to home? :tongue:

I still would like to know, because if I KNOW I can see them in NYC or something, I probably will save the money and just do that. But no matter what, I'm gonna see them somehow, haha.

ChildrenofSodom
01-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Finally seeing Evergrey after over 6 years of faithful waiting and fanship! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

I saw them in 2006, after only liking them for a month or two. :lol:

Maiden33
01-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I saw them in 2006, after only liking them for a month or two. :lol:

Could've seen them on that tour, but I just refused to pay the money to see them play only like 6 or 7 songs on a bill full of bands I had NO interest in. Also, they were supporting my least favorite album of theirs at the time.

Crionics
01-14-2011, 07:50 PM

This is great man! I'd love to hear your thoughts on my stuff a few pages back, but you sound great!

ChildrenofSodom
01-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Could've seen them on that tour, but I just refused to pay the money to see them play only like 6 or 7 songs on a bill full of bands I had NO interest in. Also, they were supporting my least favorite album of theirs at the time.

Fair enough. It was my first time seeing In Flames and Nevermore as well. Could have done without Throwdown. :hecho:

DethMaiden
01-15-2011, 09:38 AM
About to leave to pick up the punching bag I scored on Craigslist. My gloves aren't in yet, so you'd better believe I'm going to do serious damage to the bones in my fingers tonight! :party:

BloodoftheKings
01-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Im so tired of elitist. My friend was calling me a retard because of the albums I bought yesterday. He said that Morbid Angel is god awful and that them and Death killed metal. He also said that Descendants is an emo metalcore band (lolwut?). Then he said Accept is just a Judas Priest rip off band. He is probably trolling with what he said about Descendants and Accept but I know he was dead serious about Morbid Angel. At the end of his agrument he claimed he proved Morbid Angel sucks and that I wasted 5 dollars all though his only points were that you cant understand what the vocalist is saying and that they play to fast. Even if those were valid arguments you cant prove that a band sucks, even if you are talking about something as shitty as Bullet For My Valentine. All in all :tp:

ChildrenofSodom
01-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Death killed metal? Was this guy a Ratt and Poison fan?

Indestructible
01-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Im so tired of elitist. My friend was calling me a retard because of the albums I bought yesterday. He said that Morbid Angel is god awful and that them and Death killed metal. He also said that Descendants is an emo metalcore band (lolwut?). Then he said Accept is just a Judas Priest rip off band. He is probably trolling with what he said about Descendants and Accept but I know he was dead serious about Morbid Angel. At the end of his agrument he claimed he proved Morbid Angel sucks and that I wasted 5 dollars all though his only points were that you cant understand what the vocalist is saying and that they play to fast. Even if those were valid arguments you cant prove that a band sucks, even if you are talking about something as shitty as Bullet For My Valentine. All in all :tp:

I hate most death metal but even I can tell you that Death and Morbid Angel didn't kill metal. They were the pioneers of the death metal genre. Also Accept sounds more like AC/DC than they do Judas Priest. I never heard of Descendants

BloodoftheKings
01-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Death killed metal? Was this guy a Ratt and Poison fan?

:lol: it's funny you say that cause his favorite band is actually Nirvana.

BloodoftheKings
01-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I never heard of Descendants

Their a melodic punk band, they really have nothing to do with metal let alone metalcore.

SomewhereInTime72
01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
IRL trolling?

One must hope.

Indestructible
01-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Their a melodic punk band, they really have nothing to do with metal let alone metalcore.

I just looked them up, their first formation was 1978, emo and metalcore didn't even exsist yet.

makethemsuffer12
01-15-2011, 12:56 PM

Kick you're friend in the balls. IN THE BALLS I SAY.

Maiden33
01-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Also Accept sounds more like AC/DC than they do Judas Priest.

Eh, I think it depends on what material of all bands you're comparing, but overall I disagree.

JRA
01-15-2011, 01:48 PM

This is the funniest shit I've ever heard. (Though when you think about it, he's not necessarily that far off with Accept)

slapguitarer
01-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Reading my new copy of Decibel. :D

daimonos
01-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Reading my new copy of Decibel. :D

Some good bands featured this month, though I think Decibel is a pretty poor magazine. I mainly bought it because Electric Wizard was on the cover :lol:
The Ghost interview was interesting, as well.

slapguitarer
01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Some good bands featured this month, though I think Decibel is a pretty poor magazine. I mainly bought it because Electric Wizard was on the cover :lol:
The Ghost interview was interesting, as well.

This is just my 2nd issue but I'd say it's better than any other Metal magazine to come out of North America.

ChildrenofSodom
01-15-2011, 10:44 PM
This is just my 2nd issue but I'd say it's better than any other Metal magazine to come out of North America.

When I first got into metal, I read Hit Parader. Decibel is to Hit Parader, as the Nobel Prize is to your kindergarten graduation diploma.

jd091
01-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Drunk posting on metalsetlists! While listening to the faceless!

:rocker:

jd091
01-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Now painfully sober-posting. While listening to some crazy Russian Circles. :cool:

Maiden33
01-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Just realized Gamma Ray's show in NYC is the day the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise ends. I see a potential problem...

TonyD
01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Just saw the newest member is "costco pizza"
So metal

makethemsuffer12
01-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Just saw the newest member is "costco pizza"
So metal

:lol::lol::lol:
I fucking love Costco pizza. Shit's amazing.

rjturtle9
01-17-2011, 11:44 AM
:lol::lol::lol:
I fucking love Costco pizza. Shit's amazing.

And affordable.

DethMaiden
01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Just got off the phone with Evergrey's Tom S. Englund.

I know things some of you want to know. :tongue:

Maiden33
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM

TELL ME NAO.

ChildrenofSodom
01-17-2011, 01:08 PM
TELL ME NAO.

They have a new album coming out. Its called Glorious Collision. Wonderful news, right?

MPF
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM

They are touring the US for the new album?

RIGHT????

DethMaiden
01-17-2011, 01:53 PM
I guess it's no big secret and I'll be publishing it before long anyway: Yes, Evergrey will be embarking on a four-week U.S. headlining tour, with ProgPower being its first date.

mankvill
01-17-2011, 02:41 PM
I guess it's no big secret and I'll be publishing it before long anyway: Yes, Evergrey will be embarking on a four-week U.S. headlining tour, with ProgPower being its first date.

@_@ omg daet 2 da Kanzas plox!

Maiden33
01-17-2011, 02:46 PM

:drool:

MPF
01-17-2011, 03:02 PM

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=333436291975&id=984f98cf9e3132a47760e4d21f40c31d&index=ch1

Maiden33
01-17-2011, 03:02 PM
DJ'ing. :allan:

http://www.wpapu.com

jd091
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=333436291975&id=984f98cf9e3132a47760e4d21f40c31d&index=ch1

:lol:

MPF
01-17-2011, 03:44 PM

:D

More great news. Atreyu just went on Indefinite Hiatus, and Haste The Day are now on their farewell tour.

This day just keeps getting better and better. :rocker:

Although I've been hearing reports that Brandon Saller is supposedly the new drummer of Avenged Sevenfold. If true, I will no longer listen to A7X.

mankvill
01-17-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/Californiav.jpg

HAHASDHFASHDAHAHAHA

ChildrenofSodom
01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Dear AILD and Darkest Hour: QUIT PLAYING WITH SHITTY BANDS!

makethemsuffer12
01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Although I've been hearing reports that Brandon Saller is supposedly the new drummer of Avenged Sevenfold. If true, I will no longer listen to A7X.

You still do?

I still put on the occasional Waking the Fallen or City of Evil song and get a little nostagic, but besides that I couldn't care less (though I do like some tracks from the self-titled album).

It would make sense if Saller did join A7X, though. I would assume that would be the cause for Atreyu going on hiatus.

treghet
01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
HAHASDHFASHDAHAHAHA

Missed the thread on that? :tongue:

MPF
01-17-2011, 09:11 PM
You still do?

I still put on the occasional Waking the Fallen or City of Evil song and get a little nostagic, but besides that I couldn't care less (though I do like some tracks from the self-titled album).

It would make sense if Saller did join A7X, though. I would assume that would be the cause for Atreyu going on hiatus.

I still do. Waken the Fallen was one of the first albums that got me into Metal besides Metallica. Everything since City Of Evil has way too many ballads and radio rock, but the other tracks made the albums worth listening to.

The reason I say that is because I fucking hate Atreyu with a fucking passion and Brandon Saller is the biggest reason why. His voice is worse then a cat getting butt raped by a panda. *that makes me a sad panda*

If he joins *which is looking very likely* I can no longer listen to anything A7X does. I'll be losing what got me into Metal and a band with actual talent will be going down the tubes even faster.

slapguitarer
01-17-2011, 09:29 PM

The Human Abstract ain't shitty. And DH just did a tour with Revocation and Periphery. They're not shitty either.

jd091
01-17-2011, 11:25 PM

After the Burial is not shitty, good sir. And all this fest is is a mash-up of the Atticus Metal Tour 3 and the AILD headlining run. Literally.

ChildrenofSodom
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Well...today in Anthropology we talked about how our bodies are full of synthetic chemicals that the FDA does not regulate, anything that we touch that is made of plastic poisons us, most of our food containers leach carcinogens into our food, animals store these poisons in fat which we then ingest when we eat meat, polar bears in the arctic as well as newborn babies have traces of these chemicals in them, which means none of us are safe.......and alot of the medicines we take have unknown side effects that can be more harmful than helpful.

And the only thing I've been able to think about in the last hour was a single thing my professor said: keeping your cell phone in your front pocket destroys your balls.

I'm gonna be depressed all afternoon....

Indestructible
01-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Well...today in Anthropology we talked about how our bodies are full of synthetic chemicals that the FDA does not regulate, anything that we touch that is made of plastic poisons us, most of our food containers leach carcinogens into our food, animals store these poisons in fat which we then ingest when we eat meat, polar bears in the arctic as well as newborn babies have traces of these chemicals in them, which means none of us are safe.......and alot of the medicines we take have unknown side effects that can be more harmful than hurtful.

Surprise surprise I agree with all of this.

ChildrenofSodom
01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Surprise surprise I agree with all of this.

Well, there's nothing "agree" with. Either it is happening or it isn't. It is happening...so....thanks FDA, FCC, and EPA for your incompetence/lapdoggedness.

Div
01-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Well...today in Anthropology we talked about how our bodies are full of synthetic chemicals that the FDA does not regulate, anything that we touch that is made of plastic poisons us, most of our food containers leach carcinogens into our food, animals store these poisons in fat which we then ingest when we eat meat, polar bears in the arctic as well as newborn babies have traces of these chemicals in them, which means none of us are safe.......and alot of the medicines we take have unknown side effects that can be more harmful than helpful.

And the only thing I've been able to think about in the last hour was a single thing my professor said: keeping your cell phone in your front pocket destroys your balls.

I'm gonna be depressed all afternoon....

keep in mind most professors like to use alarming "facts" to get students emotionally involved in their classes. an example would be showing Sicko in a class about health care without any rebuttals or opposing viewpoints.

heres an interesting article on cell phone radiation http://matus1976.com/science/cellphones.htm

mankvill
01-18-2011, 04:21 PM
you're all turning into indestructible

Div
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM
you're all turning into indestructible

the link i posted refutes the whole "ure phone will fry your balls" argument. camerons prof and indestructible probably get their info from alex jones anyway, who is a well meaning, yet deluded person.

DethMaiden
01-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I'd love to see sources for all of those things before I start getting paranoid.

Anyway, I'm making a top ten mustards list because I'm kind of a weirdo:

10. French's Yellow
9. Grey Poupon Dijon
8. Inglehoffer Stone Ground
7. Plochman's Chicago Fire
6. Culver's Honey Mustard
5. Koops' Dusseldorf Style
4. Oskar's House Brown
3. W.Y. Chinese
2. Gulden's Spicy Brown
1. Lee's Garden Restaurant House Recipe

ChildrenofSodom
01-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Well, Mike, that link is a word doc....and my professor is a tenured professor with 30+ experience....and she's a scientist. We're all early 20 somethings with little knowledge and lots of biases.

powerslave_85
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I'd love to see sources for all of those things before I start getting paranoid.

Anyway, I'm making a top ten mustards list because I'm kind of a weirdo:

10. French's Yellow
9. Grey Poupon Dijon
8. Inglehoffer Stone Ground
7. Plochman's Chicago Fire
6. Culver's Honey Mustard
5. Koops' Dusseldorf Style
4. Oskar's House Brown
3. W.Y. Chinese
2. Gulden's Spicy Brown
1. Lee's Garden Restaurant House Recipe
I...I think you have a problem, Brad.

DethMaiden
01-18-2011, 05:27 PM
WELL IF I'M COMPARING THEM ALL IN MY HEAD ANYWAY I MIGHT AS WELL WRITE IT DOWN :snivel: :snivel:

Doesn't help that I've been reading Inventory for the past couple of weeks, completely fueling my listmaking obsession and reassuring me that it's okay.

powerslave_85
01-18-2011, 05:28 PM
"Brad, we need to talk about your list-making. You need help."
"NO! NO, I'M FINE! Here's the top 10 reasons why I don't have a problem..."

DethMaiden
01-18-2011, 05:29 PM
:lol: :lol: Nailed.

JRA
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
and I thought I was the one who had a problem with lists.

Maybe its because no one has seen the extent of how bad it is for me.

ChildrenofSodom
01-18-2011, 06:18 PM
and I thought I was the one who had a problem with lists.

Maybe its because no one has seen the extent of how bad it is for me.

Do you work for David Letterman?

JRA
01-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Do you work for David Letterman?

nay

Div
01-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, Mike, that link is a word doc....and my professor is a tenured professor with 30+ experience....and she's a scientist. We're all early 20 somethings with little knowledge and lots of biases.

the fallacy of what your implying is that just because someone has a degree and held a steady teaching job for awhile automatically makes them intellectual paragons. if you read the word doc you'll see it uses pretty scientific reasoning. not trying to discredit your prof, but just cause someone is a scientist doesnt make them infallible, in fact constantly analyzing whats presented is what scientific pursuit is all about.

besides, one of my roommates has been using a cell phone for 13 years and has gotten two chicks pregnant ;)

mankvill
01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I won't make a new thread for it because there's no metal bands on it, but here's Coachella's 2011 line-up:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1443/1295416414907.jpg

powerslave_85
01-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Meh.

mankvill
01-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Meh.

Totally. I had no idea hipster/frat boy DJ/Dubstep/House music was so popular. I mean, I knew it was prevalent, but I never knew it was the plague.

I'd go on Sunday for The Strokes!

powerslave_85
01-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Coachella is usually good for at least one "Holy shit, REALLY?!" surprise, and I don't really see one this year. Pretty predicatable lineup.

jd091
01-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Totally. I had no idea hipster/frat boy DJ/Dubstep/House music was so popular. I mean, I knew it was prevalent, but I never knew it was the plague.

Okay... what the fuck is with Dubstep? I can't stand it, yet everyone around me seems to love it. I'm a trance guy when it comes to electronic genres.

mankvill
01-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Okay... what the fuck is with Dubstep? I can't stand it, yet everyone around me seems to love it. I'm a trance guy when it comes to electronic genres.

Dunno. Something about it makes hipsters go nuts.

jd091
01-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Dunno. Something about it makes hipsters go nuts.

Yeah. You could say that.

Anyway, this made me laugh my face off.
http://gunshyassassin.com/news/watain-could-only-win-at-the-%E2%80%9Cswedish-grammys%E2%80%9D/

article title: "Only Watain Could Win at the Swedish Grammys"

TonyD
01-19-2011, 01:11 AM
To explain dubstep simply, my roommate said at one point:
"dude I'm gonna start making music on my computer and I'm gonna start playing and parties and totally get more pussy than you"

larvtard
01-19-2011, 07:55 AM

Dude. All the kids at my school are going to these dubstep shows/raves every single weekend. It's totally the latest trend. I don't mind the music, but I doubt I'd go to one just because of the people there. They all wear those hip, colorful button-down plaid shirts, too.
My friend just went to one actually. He told me just started grinding against random chicks and made out with them as well.

treghet
01-19-2011, 08:55 AM
I didn't know Death From Above 1979 reformed.

JRA
01-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Isn't Coachella supposed to be a hip-hop only festival?

powerslave_85
01-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Isn't Coachella supposed to be a hip-hop only festival?
What? No, never has been.

Natrlhi
01-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I won't make a new thread for it because there's no metal bands on it...There are no metal bands on Wakarusa, either. Just sayin'. :finger:

Sepultura69
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152044

some harsh words from the great Tom Warrior about "Sodom":hmm:

ravenheart
01-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Slating the Lemmy movie.

ravenheart
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152044

some harsh words from the great Tom Warrior about "Sodom":hmm:

He didn't know it was Sodom, so he wasn't aiming it directly at them. Although he could probably work out who it was.

But honestly, is he that wrong? Sodom's lyrics are fucking dreadful (not that most of Slayer's are that much better), and the vocals were never exactly their best element...

mankvill
01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
There are no metal bands on Wakarusa, either. Just sayin'. :finger:

Peelander-Z is Peelander-core

Sepultura69
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM
He didn't know it was Sodom, so he wasn't aiming it directly at them. Although he could probably work out who it was.

But honestly, is he that wrong? Sodom's lyrics are fucking dreadful (not that most of Slayer's are that much better), and the vocals were never exactly their best element...

Agreed. I was just kind of bored, and thought this little article was worth posting on here(Or not):hmm::hecho::cool:

mankvill
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM
A press release about the new Batman movie came out today.

It's called "The Dark Knight Rises," Anne Hathaway is Catwoman and Tom Hardy is Bane.

Sepultura69
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM

It's called "The Dark Knight Rises," Anne Hathaway is Catwoman and Tom Hardy is Bane.

They should just get Michelle Pfeiffer to play as Catwomen again. Shes only like in her mid 50s :drool::tongue::bliss:

ravenheart
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM

Yes, well done :hecho:

ravenheart
01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Right, Lemmy movie suitably destroyed. I'm going to bed.

jd091
01-19-2011, 03:47 PM

Tom Hardy is the man

JRA
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Celtic Frost's are 10 times worse than either band.

And Tom Warrior is a grade-Z special needs adult.

Also, Catwoman and Bane. Huh. I'd like to know what exactly made the suits think that Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin would sell considerably less than this idea.

mankvill
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Celtic Frost's are 10 times worse than either band.

be quiet, junior. adults are talking.

JRA
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
be quiet, junior. adults are talking.

No, you be quiet fucktard. The intelligent people are giving discourse.

mankvill
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
No, you be quiet fucktard. The intelligent people are giving discourse.

>intelligent people
>doesn't like Celtic Frost

pick one

Sepultura69
01-19-2011, 05:44 PM
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/noseguy/Obama-I-Got-This.jpg

mankvill
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/noseguy/Obama-I-Got-This.jpg

>Sepultura60
>not posting an entire paragraph, an image macro, or size 7 font

pick one :D

Div
01-19-2011, 06:48 PM
>tom g warrior implying vocals and lyrics are an important enough part in thrash/black metal to warrant critical analysis

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9864/1274073967209.png

JRA
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Well, that certainly killed my beloved Opeth meme. Thanks alot jerks! Though to be honest, its been dead since 2009 anyway.

daimonos
01-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Just burnt myself the greatest Ozzy-Sabbath mix cd I could come up with :rocker:

Wizzbang11
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm on team Angelripper.

"I don't know what to think about that," Such said. "The last few albums they released as CELTIC FROST were crap. OK, I'm sure that they are making a great [new] album [The interview was conducted prior to the release of CELTIC FROST's 'Monotheist'. — Ed.], but I can't really trust them, coming back after all these years. . . Now they're getting a huge push, playing as headliners at the Wacken Open Air and Rock Hard Open Air festivals. We in SODOM have been playing and working our asses off non-stop for 25 years and we've never been invited to play the Rock Hard Festival! That really sucks! Maybe we should take a break for 15 years and then come back in wheelchairs. I'm sure then we would get a chance to play at some of those festivals!"
=
Pretty accurate statement.

"Sounds, to me, like a third-rate SLAYER copy with a bad accent and embarrassing lyrics."
=
Dumb as shit.

Hellhammer ruled, Morbid Tales was great, other CF-nah. Tryptikon is decent but Sodom, despite their shit 90's records have released a much greater amount of awesome music.
Also, I don't give a shit about lyrics in a blackened thrash band, but even though they are in evil english, Sodom's political lyrics are much more meaningful than all the Celtic Frost lyrics I've heard.

slapguitarer
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Mi tarea de Español. :mexico:

:cool:

JRA
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
What do you mean "nah" on To Mega Therion? :mad:

Wizzbang11
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
What do you mean "nah" on To Mega Therion? :mad:

I don't really care about it. In the Sign of Evil, Obsessed by Cruelty, Persecution Mania, Expurse of Sodomy, Agent Orange, M-16 and their self titled are all better.

mankvill
01-19-2011, 07:38 PM
comparing Celtic Frost to Sodom is just thilly.

Now choose: Sodom or Kreator?

Wizzbang11
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM

Sodom, duh. Not hard at all.

JRA
01-19-2011, 08:38 PM

Sodom has the better logo (and band name) but Kreator is the better band.

El Gordo
01-20-2011, 04:09 AM

The band that released Coma of Souls wins.

As far as what Tom G. said about that Sodom track, I feel inclined to sort of agree with him. Listen to it and pretend you don't know who it is. It really does sound like a bad Slayer rip-off with a bad accent! I'm not trying to slag Sodom here because I generally like their stuff, but the man has a point.

Div
01-20-2011, 09:55 AM
http://regretfulmorning.com/2010/11/4-reasons-being-an-internet-slut-isnt-as-cool-as-you-think/?utm_source=wahoha.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wahoha

Why is it cool for guys to sleep with a lot of girls, but when a girl does it she is considered a slut? A wise man once said:

“A key that can open many locks is called a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock.”

JRA
01-20-2011, 01:58 PM
http://regretfulmorning.com/2010/11/4-reasons-being-an-internet-slut-isnt-as-cool-as-you-think/?utm_source=wahoha.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wahoha

So serial rapists are cool because they penetrate many ladies? :tp:

Wizzbang11
01-20-2011, 02:36 PM

That's oddly out of character for you to be offended by.

Div
01-20-2011, 02:43 PM

I think you're taking that quote a bit out of context :eyes:

noone was talking about non-consensual behavior

JRA
01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
That's oddly out of character for you to be offended by.

It just bugs me. That quote has always pissed me off. What's worse is no girl can find a counter-argument to it.

mankvill
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Boy, it’s crazy to think we used to settle questions of paternity by dunking a woman in water until she admitted she made it all up. The 60's were a different time.

Dextrimental
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
It just bugs me. That quote has always pissed me off. What's worse is no girl can find a counter-argument to it.

Well, in fairness, all any girl has to do to get laid, is just be there. To get laid, any guy, who wishes to have co-consenual relations with alot of girls, has to be charming, generall well dressed, and a fake job. Any guy I know that gets laid quite alot is very charming, and is always quite well dressed when going out, and talks about himself around girls ALOT. Any girl I know who gets laid quite alot just has to, well, be there and through body language or otherwise, let everyone know that she is there.

That quote is accurate, when kept within the confines of co-consensual relations. Bringing rape into it is essentially like changing the quote to say 'A key that can open any lock is called a masster key, a lock that can be opened by any key is called a shitty lock, however one can also use a hammer, which can open the lock, but also damage it permanently'

ChildrenofSodom
01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Admit it:there's a double standard. Guys, myself included, bitch about it being hard to get girls, but then girls that "give it up" too easily are looked down on. If a girl slept with me, I wouldn't think she's a slut.....and a girl that would sleep with me would have to have pretty low standards. :lol:

BloodoftheKings
01-20-2011, 06:33 PM
I have a $25 ebay coupon. What should I get?

Crionics
01-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I seriously need to stop procrastinating, I'm pulling off a third all-night homework/project session for the third night in a row. Well, atleast I'm maintaining the good grades I need.

treghet
01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I have a $25 ebay coupon. What should I get?

Awesome music. I've found plenty of good stuff for low prices. :D

treghet
01-20-2011, 06:56 PM
I seriously need to stop procrastinating, I'm pulling off a third all-night homework/project session for the third night in a row. Well, atleast I'm maintaining the good grades I need.

I think we all need to stop procrastinating. It's human nature to do so.

El Gordo
01-20-2011, 07:16 PM
I just farted.

larvtard
01-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I think we all need to stop procrastinating. It's human nature to do so.

but especially us with ADD/ADHD. :D

ChildrenofSodom
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM
but especially us with ADD/ADHD. :D

This fucking machine that can do almost anything, and find any information I will it to, doesn't help either. Got an email from my school saying that I can start scheduling in 10 days, so I did the natural thing and spent an hour looking at classes, meticulously planning my spring quarter. Couldn't....get....away.

JRA
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm resisting the temptation to eat the last half of the pint of Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream in my fridge.

larvtard
01-20-2011, 09:05 PM
This fucking machine that can do almost anything, and find any information I will it to, doesn't help either. Got an email from my school saying that I can start scheduling in 10 days, so I did the natural thing and spent an hour looking at classes, meticulously planning my spring quarter. Couldn't....get....away.

I'm with you man. It's 12:05 right now and I'm doing homework. And I got home 8 hours ago.

Crionics
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
One chapter left..Almost done..But I think I'm about to cry o.O

AP US History test tomorrow as well..I already studied but damn I'm gonna be worn out..

DethMaiden
01-20-2011, 09:30 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm about to go buy some condoms. :cool:

treghet
01-20-2011, 09:36 PM

See naked woman: :dorky:
In action: :heat:
2 minutes afterward: :zzz:

RAZOR
01-20-2011, 09:54 PM

Get some. ;)

Sepultura69
01-20-2011, 09:54 PM

Fuck condoms.

GO RAW DEAL IN THAT SHIT, SON!!!! RAWWWWWWWWW DEAL!!!. :rocker:

Actually.....don't listen to me:hecho:

For those not familiar with old school underground hip hop

Raw Deal = Performing intercourse without the use of rubbers :hecho:

powerslave_85
01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
For those not familiar with old school underground hip hop

Raw Deal = Performing intercourse without the use of rubbers :hecho:Yeah, I kind of figured that out from the context.

JRA
01-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Raw deal is one of those things where you go out of your way to not do it just to be safe, but afterwards (especially if it's a one night stand) you really really wish you did.

Natrlhi
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Performing intercourse without the use of rubbers :hecho:Who bothers putting on galoshes when performing intercourse? I just wear my regular shoes. If they get soaked and ruined, then hey - it was a damned good night.

powerslave_85
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Who bothers putting on galoshes when performing intercourse? I just wear my regular shoes. If they get soaked and ruined, then hey - it was a damned good night.
Look man, don't look down on other people's kinks.

DethMaiden
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Listen, guys. At this point if I had a girl tell me I could only have sex with her on the condition that I wore a bear trap on my manhood, I'd do it.

Natrlhi
01-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Listen, guys. At this point if I had a girl tell me I could only have sex with her on the condition that I wore a bear trap on my manhood, I'd do it.I know a chick who's into that. I'll give her your number.

ChildrenofSodom
01-21-2011, 05:16 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-NHL-Guardian-Project-origin-story-Behind-th?urn=nhl-310128

Hockey is so boring and uninteresting to the young people that they're using COMIC BOOK SUPERHEROES to draw in viewers.

treghet
01-21-2011, 08:20 AM
"I understand what's happening right now. We're getting negative feedback from some of the hockey purist bloggers," said Baratta, chief creative officer for Guardian Media Entertainment.

Yeah, it's just those damn purists. Trying to keep completely irrelevant things out of a sport. Shame on them.

ChildrenofSodom
01-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Yeah, it's just those damn purists. Trying to keep completely irrelevant things out of a sport. Shame on them.

I'm just not sure who they are trying to win over. There is probably A LOT of crossover between hockey fans and comic book fans already....They aren't reaching into any new markets with this one.

powerslave_85
01-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Oh Jesus, the Guardian Project. Just...stop.

Natrlhi
01-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Gettin' ready to go upstairs and wake up my younger son from his nap, then we're going to meet my wife and older son for open swim at the Y for about an hour. After that, I'm picking up my buddy and we're driving to Pittsburgh to play some poker for a few hours in the casino before the Kylesa show tonight.

TODAY IS GOING TO ROCK BALLS.

mankvill
01-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Gettin' ready to go upstairs and wake up my younger son from his nap, then we're going to meet my wife and older son for open swim at the Y for about an hour. After that, I'm picking up my buddy and we're driving to Pittsburgh to play some poker for a few hours in the casino before the Kylesa show tonight.

I kinda wanna go see Dillinger Escape Plan when they come here just because it's at a casino and I can gamble before/after :)

Sepultura69
01-21-2011, 09:25 AM

Gambling is fuckin' Metal:rocker:

Losing money at Gambling is not fuckin' metal :(

BUT WINNING IT ALL BACK?!?! NOW THAT'S FUCKIN METAL :rocker:

Indestructible
01-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Listen, guys. At this point if I had a girl tell me I could only have sex with her on the condition that I wore a bear trap on my manhood, I'd do it.

That's Metal :D

Sepultura69
01-21-2011, 09:51 AM
That's Metal :D

Having a bear trap on your dick is not fuckin' Metal :hmm:

But the Bear Trap, itself? Its made out of Metal, so there for....It's fuckin' Metal :rocker:

Maiden33
01-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Why the fuck is it that on any given night that I spend at home, doing nothing, this board is usually DEAD, and then some. But when I happen to go away for 12 hours or a day, I come back to more new posts than I usually encounter in a week?

daimonos
01-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Sorry I'm not goin to the show.

What casino are you going to?

ravenheart
01-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Why the fuck is it that on any given night that I spend at home, doing nothing, this board is usually DEAD, and then some. But when I happen to go away for 12 hours or a day, I come back to more new posts than I usually encounter in a week?

It's because we're talking about you. We have to stop when you come into the room. It's a conspiracy. Ask Indestructible. He'll explain.

SomewhereInTime72
01-21-2011, 05:24 PM
It's because we're talking about you. We have to stop when you come into the room. It's a conspiracy. Ask Indestructible. He'll explain.

fluoridesetlists.com

BloodoftheKings
01-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Westboro Baptist Church's parody of Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train

Amazing, that’s how God rolls
Millions of people, drowning in woe
Crazy, it’s much too late
To speak about love, when you brought on is hate

Crying about your feelings, or your sin, no shame

You’re going straight to hell, on a crazy train

Let’s go

You listen to preachers, your leaders are fools
You’re raping false prophets, who make their own rules
The base is ascending, to rule and control
The media sells it, and you pay the toll

The station goes deceiving, their torment you in flames

We’ve told you your destruction is imminent
You should have listen to our words

Isn’t God’s fury?, That’s forced onto them,
The ruling rebellion, God is made to numb
Crazy, the pride as you well
Your birth will be brutal, he will say what is fair

God is not been sleeping, he’s gonna bring the pain
It’s time for your finally ride on this crazy train

You’re finally stop is hell on this crazy train

ChildrenofSodom
01-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Can we just lock every member of the WBC in a room with a bunch of those Patriot Guard biker guys for like 5 minutes?

mankvill
01-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Aw man, maybe I should go see Ozzy tomorrow. They're probably picketing.

daimonos
01-21-2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110120_KCMO-Ozzy-January-22.pdf

Holy shit.

Manks, have fun with these guys :lol:

EDIT:

Aw man, maybe I should go see Ozzy tomorrow. They're probably picketing.

Yes.

ChildrenofSodom
01-21-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm working my way into a one night stand, hopefully. Came home from school for the weekend and it kind of fell into my lap. We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

mankvill
01-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Doesn't Ozzy always say "God Bless You" to the crowd? :lol:

daimonos
01-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Doesn't Ozzy always say "God Bless You" to the crowd? :lol:

Every time I've seen him I think he did. I don't know if you've seen Ozzy before or not but I would recommend going, if you're going for free at least. Should be interesting to see some of the biggest assholes in America, though.

SomewhereInTime72
01-21-2011, 10:24 PM

Holy shit.

Manks, have fun with these guys :lol:

EDIT:

Yes.
"Britain, land of the sodomite damned." :lol: :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
"Britain, land of the sodomite damned." :lol: :lol:

They got banned from entering GB, so they're a little butthurt.

Indestructible
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM

Everything they said is invalid because their site is called god hates fags.

God loves, "fags", God loves Ozzy, God loves anyone who isnt an ignorant prick.
God hates religion

Div
01-21-2011, 10:44 PM
those fucking guys are always trolling around my campus! well, theres two types generally. the first is the guys who stand on the street corners and hand out those little green bibles. the second are the assholes with the signs and megaphone preaching about the end of the world and how jesus is gonna fuck your shit up unless you repent like the ungrateful sinner that you are.

i feel the latter is a prime example of what happens when the ignorant get a hold of a religion designed to empower the weak.

BloodoftheKings
01-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Everything they said is invalid because their site is called god hates fags.

God loves, "fags", God loves Ozzy, God loves anyone who isnt an ignorant prick.
God hates religion

You gotta see the documentary about these losers. Look up "The Most Hated Family In America" on youtube. According to them a "fag" dosn't just mean a homosexual. The term also applies to any one who supports homosexuals and thinks they have the right to exist. :tp:

jd091
01-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Got my tix for Parkway Drive/Ghost Inside and Whitechapel/Acacia Strain/Veil of Maya today. 3 words:

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/2958389/haters-gonna-hate.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Justin-Bieber

ChildrenofSodom
01-22-2011, 04:49 AM
those fucking guys are always trolling around my campus! well, theres two types generally. the first is the guys who stand on the street corners and hand out those little green bibles.

Those guys come to OSU every couple months. Very nice folks, and I always take a little green bible.

Indestructible
01-22-2011, 08:08 AM
You gotta see the documentary about these losers. Look up "The Most Hated Family In America" on youtube. According to them a "fag" dosn't just mean a homosexual. The term also applies to any one who supports homosexuals and thinks they have the right to exist. :tp:

Well then call me a fag:D

makethemsuffer12
01-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Well then call me a fag:D

I guess we're all fags then, with the exception of Magson, probably.

Indestructible
01-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Religious people always say you can't do this you can't do that. Why? if we can't do this and that then why did god create us with the ability to do the things you say we are not allowed to do? And it's not rapists and murderers these Jesus freaks go after, it's regular people like you and me who have committed no crime and have caused no damage to a person or their property. If you really want to go around telling people they aren't allowed to do this and that, go after the criminals who do not have the right to do what they want because of the crimes they have done.

Where did this hatred of gays come from. If god created everything then didn't god create some of us to be gay? God is fine with gays even if he didn't intend for people to be gay. I do not know what god is but I do know that god would not condemn it's own creation just because of a certain lifestyle. After all god gave us free will.

I would like to know where this no sex until marriage thing came from in religion, if god wanted us to wait until we were married then god wouldn't of made it so by age 13 we would want to fuck everything in sight. I'm fine if you want to wait for sex, but please do it because you really want to do it and feel in your hear that it is right, don't just do it because a corrupt mind is preaching it to you from a book.

Derelict
01-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Packing/trying to find my passport for 70000 tons....

ChildrenofSodom
01-22-2011, 08:48 AM

You might need that. :D

Derelict
01-22-2011, 08:52 AM
You might need that. :D

It's in the house somewhere...i've had it out lately showing people my Russian visa

Sepultura69
01-22-2011, 09:12 AM

Wow. You're actually going to that:confused:

More power to you. I heard Testament is suppose to be playing "The Legacy" and "New World Order" in it's entirety at that gig:rocker:

Derelict
01-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Wow. You're actually going to that:confused:

More power to you. I heard Testament is suppose to be playing "The Legacy" and "New World Order" in it's entirety at that gig:rocker:

Yep, I'm going. And you heard correct on testament

mankvill
01-22-2011, 02:16 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5269/goddamnitrevocation.jpg

ravenheart
01-22-2011, 05:52 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5269/goddamnitrevocation.jpg

Cyber-stalking, manks?

ravenheart
01-22-2011, 05:59 PM
www.GodHatesFags.com
www.GodHatesTheMedia.com
www.GodHatesTheWorld.com

... I thought God loved everyone and didn't even do hate? Seems to me anyone who believes God hates anything isn't a true follower of God (whatever one of those is).

EDIT: GodHatesTheWorld.com is hilarious.

"God has been delivering major God-smacks to the United Kingdom for centuries. Here are but a handful of the many examples:

December 31, 2009 - Freezing temperatures killed 7.

Reported August 17, 2009- Total dead soldiers from Afghanistan war: 204.

December 7, 2006 – London Tornado (6 injured).

July 7, 2005 – London Train Bombings (56 dead; 700 injured)

August 4-13, 2003 – European Heatwave, which included the U.K. (14,802 dead; 2,139 in the U.K.)

January 31, 1953 – North Sea Flood in England (531 dead)

December 5, 1952 – Great Smog in London (12,000 dead)

1918-1919 – Flu epidemic (225,000 dead)

1740-1741 – Great Irish Famine (100,000 dead)

September 2, 1666 – Great Fire of London (3/4 of London burned)

1665-1666 Great Plague of London (75,000 – 100,000 dead)

July 10, 1212 – London Fire (3,000 dead)"

Firstly, "God-smacks"? :lol: :lol:

Secondly, are they actually saying that the 7/7/05 bombings, conducted by Muslim terrorists, was the work of WBC's God? ... the fuck?

mankvill
01-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Living in Kansas, I have a degree on Knowledge Of The WBC.

They say that everything bad that happens in the world/the US (natural disasters, terrorism, sickness, famous people dying, etc.) is because God is angry at the world/the US because of them being okay with gay people and stuff like that.

Indestructible
01-22-2011, 06:53 PM
The muses of any age know that the mysterious mixture of scale, melody, rhythm and lyrics can combine in powerful ways to evoke certain moods, emotions and sentiments. Plato wrote over 2500 years ago that, in the formation of the 'perfect' society, certain combinations in music were to be avoided at all costs, in that they would inevitable tear into the moral fabric of a culture. While much of what Plato wrote was sophistry, the point is clear - music can and does have a tremendous impact on the mores of a culture. Songwriting and performing has an increasing influence on the inhabitants of a society, as technology makes access to music readily available and musical consumption therefore inevitably increases. Satan knows this, and has used music for centuries to draw the minds of reprobates away from obedience to God and toward sin. When the children of Israel committed The Sin of the Calf, Moses knew what that sounded like:
:lol::lol::lol::LOLFC::LOLFC::666::fingers:

Indestructible
01-22-2011, 07:28 PM
The only lawful sexual connection is the marriage bed. All other sex activity is whoremongery and adultery, which will damn the soul forever in Hell. Heb. 13:4. Decadent, depraved, degenerate and debauched America, having bought the lie that It's OK to be gay, has thereby changed the truth of God into a lie, and now worships and serves the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen! Rom. 1:25. But the Word of God abides. Better to be a eunuch if the will of God be so, and make sure of Heaven. Mat. 19:12. Better to be blind or lame, than to be cast into Hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched. Mk. 9:43-48. Abstain, you fools
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::LOLFC::LOLFC:: LOLFC::devil::LOLFC::lol::lol:

Derelict
01-22-2011, 08:57 PM
The worst part is that only like 100 morons (or less) are members of that church, if people ignored them they'd go the fuck away.

BloodoftheKings
01-22-2011, 08:59 PM
The lulziest WBC protest i've ever heard of is when they protested comic con saying comic book readers are sinners because they idolize super heroes more then god.

DethMaiden
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
The lulziest WBC protest i've ever heard of is when they protested comic con saying comic book readers are sinners because they idolize super heroes more then god.

Not strictly true. I also idolize supervillains more than God.

Indestructible
01-22-2011, 09:13 PM

Atleast those super heroes fight crime instead of comitting it like them and their god.

BloodoftheKings
01-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Atleast those super heroes fight crime instead of comitting it like them and their god.

Super heroes dont really fight crime and god dosn't commit crime because neither of them exist.

JRA
01-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Apparently, Dookie has sold over 10 million copies as of 12 years ago. Huh.

jd091
01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Super heroes dont really fight crime and god dosn't commit crime because neither of them exist.

But if God doesn't exist... then Satan doesn't... exist...

:bouville:

treghet
01-23-2011, 12:32 AM
But if God doesn't exist... then Satan doesn't... exist...

:bouville:

In Theistic Satanism there is no such thing as God. Satanism doesn't have anything to do with Christianity. People only assume it does, because in Christianity there is Satan.

Sepultura69
01-23-2011, 01:52 AM
GOD HATES US ALL

GAWWWD HATESS US ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

jd091
01-23-2011, 12:34 PM
In Theistic Satanism there is no such thing as God. Satanism doesn't have anything to do with Christianity. People only assume it does, because in Christianity there is Satan.

Thanks for the clarification. I acually identify myself as Ásatrú. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_Neopaganism

mankvill
01-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I acually identify myself as Ásatrú. :D

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_Neopaganism?wasRedirected=true

Sup Varg?

Wizzbang11
01-23-2011, 02:17 PM

You mean LaVeyan Satanism, Theistic Satanism recognizes Satan as a deity. While there are a lot of different sects of it incorporating different religions, generally speaking they worship the biblical Satan.
..so it's just as stupid as all other religion, but slightly more badass.

larvtard
01-23-2011, 02:25 PM

:horns: :cool:

treghet
01-23-2011, 02:34 PM
You mean LaVeyan Satanism, Theistic Satanism recognizes Satan as a deity. While there are a lot of different sects of it incorporating different religions, generally speaking they worship the biblical Satan.

:confused: No. Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan is a total joke.

Wizzbang11
01-23-2011, 02:38 PM
:confused: No. Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan is a total joke.

It's atheistic, most Theistic Satanists follow the biblical Satan.
CoS is a bit over the top, but it's values make a shit ton more sense than believing in Christianity and choosing the bad guy.

ChildrenofSodom
01-23-2011, 02:48 PM
It's atheistic, most Theistic Satanists follow the biblical Satan.
CoS is a bit over the top, but it's values make a shit ton more sense than believing in Christianity and choosing the bad guy.

:eyes: :D

treghet
01-23-2011, 03:05 PM
You're taught that Satan is "the bad guy", but look at it from a different perspective. What I'm trying to say is that aside from a few things, Theistic Satanism and Christianity have nothing in common. I spent a lot of time reading about Theistic Satanism out of curiosity and my understanding is there is no God or heaven, only hell (which is a beautiful place, not a fiery pit). Satan did not fall from heaven, he was the original creator. Of course, much of Satanism is subjective, as there isn't really a "bible" for it. A lot of it is focused on self-meditation, rather than worship. You are not required to worship Satan, only have faith in him. There are also many demons you may summon during rituals/meditation to ask for help with specific problems in your life. And black magick is a totally unrelated, although many people believe in both.

I've read less about LaVeyan Satanism and the Satanic Bible, but it seems pretty hilarious. It is the one that represents the biblical Satan. This is from the "Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth":

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.

Also, from the "Nine Satanic Statements":

Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

You have to pay $200 to become a member. Business or a church?

Wizzbang11
01-23-2011, 03:18 PM
You're taught that Satan is "the bad guy", but look at it from a different perspective. What I'm trying to say is that aside from a few things, Theistic Satanism and Christianity have nothing in common. I spent a lot of time reading about Theistic Satanism out of curiosity and my understanding is there is no God or heaven, only hell (which is a beautiful place, not a fiery pit). Satan did not fall from heaven, he was the original creator. Of course, much of Satanism is subjective, as there isn't really a "bible". A lot of it is focused on self-meditation, rather than worship. You are not required to worship Satan, only have faith in him. There are also many demons you may summon during rituals/meditation to ask for help with specific problems in your life. And black magick is a totally unrelated, although many people believe in both.

I've read less about LaVeyan Satanism, but it seems pretty hilarious. This is from the "Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth":

Lots of the language in the Satanic bible is very hyperbolic, Anton LaVey is a moron, and there's really no need for any "satanic" parts of it, but the ideology is based around humanism, does not include any bullshit theology and promotes the principal of 'live and let live", so I have a hard time considering it any more hilarious than other religions, although its more of a philosophy. Actually, half of what you just described is present in LaVeyan Satanism, with the exception of the real hell/devil parts.
I can see the spinning of the fallen angel/strive for knowledge thing to make Satan a good guy, but come on- the devil is clearly the evil force in the bible, and he wouldn't be nearly cool enough to have millions of metal albums about him if that were not the case.

As for the business thing, of course it's a scam. All religion is. Anyone who would pay to join the church is a dumbass. You can however buy a copy of the Satanic bible for like $10, and take all the advice you want from it, which is what every satanist I know does. I've never met a card carrying member of the church.

treghet
01-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Lots of the language in the Satanic bible is very hyperbolic, Anton LaVey is a moron, and there's really no need for any "satanic" parts of it, but the ideology is based around humanism, does not include any bullshit theology and promotes the principal of 'live and let live", so I have a hard time considering it any more hilarious than other religions, although its more of a philosophy. Actually, half of what you just described is present in LaVeyan Satanism, with the exception of the real hell/devil parts.
I can see the spinning of the fallen angel/strive for knowledge thing to make Satan a good guy, but come on- the devil is clearly the evil force in the bible, and he wouldn't be nearly cool enough to have millions of metal albums about him if that were not the case.

I guess LaVeyan Satanism and Theistic Satanism have a lot more in common than I thought then.

And I agree, the metal albums wouldn't be nearly as badass. But at the same time, I find it interesting how Christianity portrays Satanism as such an evil religion, yet when I've read about Satanism, it's all about trying to make yourself a better person through meditation - not about casting spells to kill people. :lol:

But in the end... I still think religion is a waste of time. The only thing you can rely on is yourself.

treghet
01-23-2011, 03:29 PM
As for the business thing, of course it's a scam. All religion is. Anyone who would pay to join the church is a dumbass. You can however buy a copy of the Satanic bible for like $10, and take all the advice you want from it, which is what every satanist I know does. I've never met a card carrying member of the church.

That's probably the best idea. I'm sure there's some stuff worth reading in there, just as there are a lot of good lessons within the bible, if you read it with an open mind. Which reminds me, I always attend the Christian club at my school, despite hating Christianity. I've learned a lot about being a better person. I just ignore all the "JESUS IS YOUR SAVIOR" stuff.

jd091
01-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Seriously, I hate religion, even Satanism. There are no Gods or deities watching over us, just us and our infectious race. So go live your life: listen to some metal, get in some pits, drink a little and smoke a little, find a woman you love and enjoy waking up every day. When we're dead, we're dead. But that's not today.

edit: all IMAO. I don't want to offend any religious people who post here, just sharin' my views.

mankvill
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
GREEN BAYYYYYYYYYY

PAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKEEEEERRRRRSS

Wizzbang11
01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Which reminds me, I always attend the Christian club at my school, despite hating Christianity. I've learned a lot about being a better person. I just ignore all the "JESUS IS YOUR SAVIOR" stuff.

Somewhat unrelated, but that reminded me of 2 of my friends who do the same thing (attend the Christian club but hate Christianity) but they do it purely for the free food. It's kinda funny to because my friend Kyle has gone in wearing Archgoat shirts and other obviously anti-christian things, but they aren't actually allowed to kick anyone out so he keeps getting the food.
I wouldn't have the patience for that, especially since it's Domino's Pizza.

treghet
01-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Somewhat unrelated, but that reminded me of 2 of my friends who do the same thing (attend the Christian club but hate Christianity) but they do it purely for the free food. It's kinda funny to because my friend Kyle has gone in wearing Archgoat shirts and other obviously anti-christian things, but they aren't actually allowed to kick anyone out so he keeps getting the food.
I wouldn't have the patience for that, especially since it's Domino's Pizza.

In the beginning I only went for the food too, but since I started going I've learned things to help me become more successful in life. Although, sometimes they have really annoying preachers come in, who just tell us over and over how we're all going to hell if we don't repent and live for God. :hecho:

jd091
01-23-2011, 04:00 PM
GREEN BAYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah... its a little crazy here right now.

Indestructible
01-23-2011, 04:51 PM
I hate religon

TonyD
01-23-2011, 04:55 PM
GREEN BAYYYYYYYYYY

Shouldn't you still be busy celebrating your playoff berth?

mastodon421
01-23-2011, 04:57 PM
GREEN BAYYYYYYYYYY

:finger2:

DethMaiden
01-23-2011, 05:37 PM
So who else is so busy they want to jump off a building so they won't have to man up to their responsibilities?

:eyes:

makethemsuffer12
01-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Playing Dead Space to refresh my memory for Dead Space 2. :D

SomewhereInTime72
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
So who else is so busy they want to jump off a building so they won't have to man up to their responsibilities?

:eyes:

Me but I'm not that busy I just suck at responsibility. :cool:

Butcher of Birth
01-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Playing FIFA 11 on the 360! :rocker:

jd091
01-23-2011, 06:55 PM
You know what I don't understand at all? Women.

:wtf:

Wizzbang11
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM

Here we go again

Indestructible
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM

You know what I don't understand about women. Why do they think they are ugly when they are not.
If you don't look like mimi Bobek from the Drew Carey show, then you're doing fine.:D

ChildrenofSodom
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
If you don't look like mimi Bobek from the Drew Carey show, then you're doing fine.:D

Well played, young Jedi.

slapguitarer
01-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Organizing my CDs alphabetically. Previously I had them in chronological order from when I purchased them.

Maiden33
01-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Organizing my CDs alphabetically. Previously I had them in chronological order from when I purchased them.

I actually tried to arrange them in such a fashion once before, but trying to remember some of that shit from like 6 years ago is pretty difficult, even with a pretty good memory.

slapguitarer
01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
I actually tried to arrange them in such a fashion once before, but trying to remember some of that shit from like 6 years ago is pretty difficult, even with a pretty good memory.

It was working, but I too started to forget where some albums where because I got them so long ago. So I figured alphbetical would be easier.

BloodoftheKings
01-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Playing Dead Space to refresh my memory for Dead Space 2. :D

I was thinking about doing that but then I remembered DS 1's story was paper thin and theirs not much to remember. :tongue:

mankvill
01-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Shouldn't you still be busy celebrating your playoff berth?

Still happy from it :D

TonyD
01-23-2011, 08:23 PM
You know what I don't understand about women. Why do they think they are ugly when they are not.
True for a lot of them, and at least half the rest are bitches.

DethMaiden
01-23-2011, 10:27 PM
For the third straight semester, I just dropped a class. I really need to stop being so ambitious when I schedule.

I'm not senior standing anymore but I can still graduate after next spring which was the goal all along. Works for me. See ya later, Ethnic History of Central Asia.