PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

mankvill
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
What kind of shitty website gives Iwrestledabearonce 3/5?

BloodoftheKings
07-30-2011, 07:13 PM
What kind of shitty website gives Iwrestledabearonce 3/5?

I love how the reviewer really had nothing good to say about it and still gave it a decent score.

mastodon421
07-30-2011, 07:13 PM
That's bad, but it's nothing compared to Decibel giving the new Chelsea Grin a 7 and giving the new Sepultura a 3:bouville:

jd091
07-30-2011, 08:30 PM
I would send him a song by the bands you just mentioned but I guess that wouldn't work.
:lol:
August Burns Red is a really good band, man.
Eh, they're alright. Not "really" good. All their music runs together and sounds similar, without good structure or catchiness. But they do try and be brootal for a metalcore kiddie band, so I appreciate that. ;)

@BrutalDessent GET OUT

inb4 jd stands up for them...
:lol: ;)

jd091
07-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm talking to a kid on the UVM facebook group who really likes bands like Born of Orisis, Within the Ruins, August Burns Red, etc. I told him that I don't really listen to that technical deathcore stuff because most of the time they can't write an actual song. He mistaked this to mean that they aren't good at their instruments. I'm trying to explain what I mean but I'm having trouble articulating myself. Can anyone give me an example of a poorly-written tech-death/metalcore song (possibly one that's just mindless wankery) and then an actual well-written song of that genre? Thanks guys.

this is what I told him:

" well, I mean, sure they're talented. But I'm talking about songwriting. If it's written in insane time signatures with extremely difficult apreggios, that just means they can play well. Good songwriting means that they can actually compose a well-written song that I'll want to come back to. yes, Necrophagist is a good example of this. Am I making any sense?
" here, let me give you an example. Not many people like to listen to instrumental guitar albums because most of the time, the guitarist is just showing off. It's fun to listen to if you want to hear your favorite guitarist shred his ass off, but only to a certain extent; soon you may find yourself bored of mindless wankery and you'll want to heear an actual song."

Wait... so you want me to give you an example of bad music that I think is good music? :lol: ;)

Seriously, what I would say: "If you want examples on how not to write good technical deathcore-y music, listen to anything Born of Osiris did after the New Reign and anything Within the Ruins has done". August Burns Red is not this "techincal deathcore/Sumeriancore" style; they're metalcore. But I would agree that they also can't write good songs. Like you said, they're great musicians and I think they'd probably be awesome live to mosh to and whatnot, but when it comes to good, catchy songwriting, they really fail. It's just too many riffs thrown together without a cohesive enough chorus or melody to tie it together.

Cool weedly riff 1 -> breakdowny part 1 -> cool weedly riff 2 -> breakdowny riff 2, etc. The stuff is never reprised, and therefore, not remembered. THEREFORE, not good songwriting.

Now, I do really, really, really, really, really, really, really enjoy that style of music when its done well. Like any genre, I'd argue, there are bands that are good and bands that are bad. Examples: After the Burial and Veil of Maya. I am an absolute fanboy for both these bands, and aren't afraid to admit it. They're fucking great. Both are able to meld together sick weedly guitar wankery that has melody and catches in your head, and keep that melody through the song. They revisit it. They know just how much technicality to throw in, yet not overwhelm you. Same with the breakdown-y parts; there's not too much, but just enough. And its similar throughout the song, so you understand and can remember the riffs. Hence, the song is remembered, and therefore can become catchy and "good" in my opinion. Bands like BOO and Within the Ruins have great potential to be like this, but they aren't, because they lack the songwriting skills.

So, Good examples of the genre:

"Berzerker", by After the Burial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWEA8XFtDK4)

"Namaste", by Veil of Maya (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeRS1YIfk2o)

"Empires Erased", by Born of Osiris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXHyuycJHI)
(I feel that their first EP was great songwriting-wise. They fell off after that.)

Examples on how NOT to do it:

"Invade", by Within the Ruins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXzWZt3iDcY)

"Now Arise", by Born of Osiris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1IcW36ihw)

"Concealed", by Circle of Contempt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDtoWOT9Hyo)
(CoC is a band that really shows of the lack of being able to put talent into good songwriting. Too much trying to breakdown uniquely, and it ends up not being a cohesive song.)

EDIT: You should somehow just link that kid to this post, so he can see everything I wrote, since I obviously know way fucking more about the genre than him. Even if he thinks he knows more. Anyway.

mankvill
07-30-2011, 08:39 PM
CoC

Only reserved for Corrosion Of Conformity, you bitch

jd091
07-30-2011, 08:40 PM

AA = Asking Alexandria, not Amon Amarth :dorky:

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 08:41 PM

:party:

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 08:43 PM
AA = Asking Alexandria, not Amon Amarth :dorky:

I think Asking Alexandra anyway when I see AA, but I think Corrosion when I see COC.

When I see CC however, that's when it confuses me whether you're talking about Cannabis Corpse or Cannibal Corpse.

treghet
07-30-2011, 11:39 PM
"Empires Erased", by Born of Osiris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXHyuycJHI)
(I feel that their first EP was great songwriting-wise. They fell off after that.)

What's with you calling EPs demos and albums EPs? :lol:

Triggz
07-31-2011, 01:36 AM
MY IN FLAMES INTERVIEW MADE IT TO BLABBERMOUTH!! SO DID MY FRIEND'S AMON AMARTH ONE!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BACK TO BACK headlines for the first time in our station's history!!! This is HUGE for us!!
:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

El Gordo
07-31-2011, 06:37 AM

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

jd091
07-31-2011, 07:33 AM
What's with you calling EPs demos and albums EPs? :lol:

Hey, I thought it was their first album, but according to Wikipedia, it was an EP! Don't look at me!

@Triggz: gratz man!

treghet
07-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey, I thought it was their first album, but according to Wikipedia, it was an EP! Don't look at me!

Well there's your problem.

Triggz
07-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Getting ready for Summer Slaughter!

larvtard
07-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Wait... so you want me to give you an example of bad music that I think is good music? :lol: ;)

Essentially, yes ;)

lol he wanted to stop "arguing." We were just having an intelligent debate :tp: But this was his closing argument:

" i dont wanna continue an endless argument, so i'll just say this. most songs r divided into segments (which can happen to be longer for insrumental bands). whether u like it or not depends on if u can break down the segments to understand the song. and remember, just because a song is well-written doesnt mean u have to like it. it just depends on the listeners. and im gonna make one last point, necrophagist sounds like a lot of nonsense. yeah they're awesome musicians, but their songs r one tempo and just shreading. doesnt mean i hate it, just means ur dissing a band that in essence, writes the same way necrophagist does"

Also, I looked at his photos and he looks semi-scene (probably about the same as BrutalDescent), and his tastes would make even jd laugh :lol:

Here's the band he's in. It should give you a good idea what music he likes (mastodon421 hates them too, so you know we're onto something ;))

http://www.facebook.com/romeoversusjuliet

mastodon421
07-31-2011, 04:37 PM
That's the kid you were getting into an argument within lol? I don't him personally (a friend of mine is the singer for that band he is in), but yeah they are defintely big scene band fans. From the people I have met in the band, they are a good group of dudes, but they just have shitty taste in music.

jd091
07-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Was going through my CD collection today, and picked up 10,000 Days. Goddamn, I forgot how perfect this CD was: not musically, but physically. I spent a good 15 minutes just looking through it and being amazed just like I was back in 2006. I really wish more bands would take the time to do things like this with their CD's; I'd rather pay a bit more and get something special.

christopher
07-31-2011, 05:59 PM
My favorite venue, The Blvd, just closed down for the moment. They are planning on getting it opened again, but for now all shows are cancelled :bawling:

GarageMetal468
07-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Just got back from Buckethead... HOLY SHIT. After having my car break down, getting fucked over by both my job and internship, and getting screwed over on a family vacation among other things, this show made up for all the shit I've been given this month. I don't even know what to say, my jaw was dropped literally the entire time. That guy is the epitome of badass. AND he's doing it up there by himself, no band. Greatest last minute decision ever.

The opener was awful. It was some guy on a beat up tuba, keyboard and turntable. It sounded like some shit you'd hear from Morbid Angel's new album (for a second I thought he was gonna cover Radikult). It was actually giving me a headache. Apparently he's been opening for Buckethead for years now but still, that was just awful. What's worse is that the Vic Theater in Chicago won't allow re entry, and there's no back room with merch or anything, so I had no choice but to watch it. I had forgotten about him anyway when Buckethead came on and made up for it.

I don't have a setlist and can't find one, but he played around an hour and a half. The first half he was doing songs on guitar. He did take a break and when he did, he was doing crazy shit with nun chucks on stage. After that, he started doing a robot dance (motioned with a sound track of a robot) and then danced on his own to a mix of space jam. After that he started throwing stuff from a big bag into the crowd. I don't know what they were exactly, but it looked like toys :lol: After that, he fucking ripped it up on bass guitar. He then did a few more songs on guitar to finish the set. He has to be the most talented person I have ever seen.

I'm speechless right now. If you have the chance to see Buckethead, DO IT. I'M DEAD FUCKING SERIOUS. YOU WILL MISS OUT ON A LOT.

BloodoftheKings
07-31-2011, 10:05 PM
(for a second I thought he was gonna cover Radikult)

In that case his set would have been awesome. :rocker:

treghet
07-31-2011, 10:22 PM
My favorite venue, The Blvd, just closed down for the moment. They are planning on getting it opened again, but for now all shows are cancelled :bawling:

Why did they close it?

christopher
08-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Why did they close it?

I guess they need to put a kitchen in to keep the place open. They're figuring out what to do and have promised to be back as soon as possible

larvtard
08-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Just got back from Buckethead... HOLY SHIT. After having my car break down, getting fucked over by both my job and internship, and getting screwed over on a family vacation among other things, this show made up for all the shit I've been given this month. I don't even know what to say, my jaw was dropped literally the entire time. That guy is the epitome of badass. AND he's doing it up there by himself, no band. Greatest last minute decision ever.

The opener was awful. It was some guy on a beat up tuba, keyboard and turntable. It sounded like some shit you'd hear from Morbid Angel's new album (for a second I thought he was gonna cover Radikult). It was actually giving me a headache. Apparently he's been opening for Buckethead for years now but still, that was just awful. What's worse is that the Vic Theater in Chicago won't allow re entry, and there's no back room with merch or anything, so I had no choice but to watch it. I had forgotten about him anyway when Buckethead came on and made up for it.

I don't have a setlist and can't find one, but he played around an hour and a half. The first half he was doing songs on guitar. He did take a break and when he did, he was doing crazy shit with nun chucks on stage. After that, he started doing a robot dance (motioned with a sound track of a robot) and then danced on his own to a mix of space jam. After that he started throwing stuff from a big bag into the crowd. I don't know what they were exactly, but it looked like toys :lol: After that, he fucking ripped it up on bass guitar. He then did a few more songs on guitar to finish the set. He has to be the most talented person I have ever seen.

I'm speechless right now. If you have the chance to see Buckethead, DO IT. I'M DEAD FUCKING SERIOUS. YOU WILL MISS OUT ON A LOT.

Looks like I made my decision :cool:

larvtard
08-01-2011, 06:54 AM
I guess they need to put a kitchen in to keep the place open. They're figuring out what to do and have promised to be back as soon as possible

What?

I don't even....it....

What?

rjturtle9
08-01-2011, 12:44 PM

Good!

powerslave_85
08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I love how the reviewer really had nothing good to say about it and still gave it a decent score.
Ugh, there are so many critics who do that and it infuriates me. If you go on and on about the negatives of something and mention nothing positive, why the hell are you still giving it an average score?

Wizzbang11
08-01-2011, 03:03 PM
What?

I don't even....it....

What?

I know this happened with DNA awhile back and a few other places. CA liquor laws are stupid, and if you just have a bar and don't have food (microwaved stuff doesn't count) you can get your license for underage shows and that shit revoked. I'm assuming that's why.

TonyD
08-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah it's pretty dumb but a fairly easy fix

GarageMetal468
08-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Going to a party tonight which supposedly has a ton of people going. Either way I'm sure it'll be a good time.

christopher
08-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Was just informed to watch the 30 Minutes or Less video by another member of this board and found out Danny McBride is wearing a Napalm Death shirt immediately hahaha

jd091
08-02-2011, 05:23 AM
Was just informed to watch the 30 Minutes or Less video by another member of this board and found out Danny McBride is wearing a Napalm Death shirt immediately hahaha

Yeah, then in the next scene he's wearing a Metallica shirt. Poseur!

Dextrimental
08-02-2011, 06:37 AM
So, In Waves leaked.. I'm enjoying it, some of its good, some of its bad.. Will do a review at some point..

Sepultura69
08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
HOLY SHIT! I just scored two tickets to go see Portishead at the Shrine Expo in Los angeles in October!!!! :rocker:

masterguy49
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM
So, In Waves leaked.. I'm enjoying it, some of its good, some of its bad.. Will do a review at some point..

PM me the link please :D

Dextrimental
08-02-2011, 04:48 PM
PM me the link please :D

PM sent!

slapguitarer
08-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I learned how to play Into the Void and Peace Sells on the bass.

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 04:57 PM
I learned how to play Into the Void and Peace Sells on the bass.

;) What inspired you do such a feat?

MPF
08-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I heard In Waves Leaked but I heard the quality of the leak is really shitty so I'm waiting for a better version to come out.

I'll reserve judgement on the actually music when that time comes.

slapguitarer
08-02-2011, 05:02 PM
;) What inspired you do such a feat?

Wine. I'm gonna go with him to Honduras and we're gonna jam those two songs. He'll be bustin' out the violin.

Good luck finding a ride to YOB now.

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Wine. I'm gonna go with him to Honduras and we're gonna jam those two songs. He'll be bustin' out the violin.

Good luck finding a ride to YOB now.

:hmm: :finger2:

Maiden33
08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I passed on the opportunity to meet Queensryche last night. Either I'm getting old or I REALLY don't care that much about them anymore.

larvtard
08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm getting old

aren't you like 22?

MPF
08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
aren't you like 22?

I'm going to be 23 in 2 weeks and I feel like one of the oldest guys here.

But anyways,

I recorded drums today (for the first time PROFESSIONALLY!) for my guitarist's Classic, Blues, Alternative Rock band, Black Dog Rd. I pulled off two off the sickest fills I have ever played in my life off the top of my head. Also I did all 7 songs in less then 2 takes each (that's a miracle in the recording world). I don't like to brag about my playing, but damn I feel proud of myself today.

Recording my 2nd radio show tomorrow.

jd091
08-03-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm going to be 23 in 2 weeks and I feel like one of the oldest guys here

PowerMaiden would like a word with you.

MPF
08-03-2011, 08:29 PM
I said feel like, Never said I was guy.

Nick_to_the_face
08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Did Brutal Descent start the "California doesn't get metal shows" thing?

christopher
08-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Did Brutal Descent start the "California doesn't get metal shows" thing?

I don't remember. I thought I did, just cause I was trying to annoy Manks, then a bunch of people started doing it haha

Nick_to_the_face
08-03-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't remember. I thought I did, just cause I was trying to annoy Manks, then a bunch of people started doing it haha

I think it's time to solve this mystery
http://www.automopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mystery-machine3.jpg

mankvill
08-03-2011, 09:25 PM
I think it's time to solve this mystery
http://www.automopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mystery-machine3.jpg

It was definitely someone from California, and even though I love the guy, I seem to remember it being idrinkwine :lol:

christopher
08-03-2011, 09:27 PM
It was definitely someone from California, and even though I love the guy, I seem to remember it being idrinkwine :lol:

You know what, I think you're right in he mentioned it a few times in reference to nor cal getting less shows than LA, then the official joke started from there.

Natrlhi
08-03-2011, 09:30 PM
It was definitely someone from California, and even though I love the guy, I seem to remember it being idrinkwine :lol::agree: Yup.

BloodoftheKings
08-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I was pretty sure rjturtle started the California joke.

rjturtle9
08-03-2011, 09:52 PM
I was pretty sure rjturtle started the California joke.

It totally wasn't me, I just went along with it. Although I remember it being someone who wasn't from California that was complaining about LA getting all the shows.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this was one of the factors that lead to it...

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15680

brutal_descent
08-03-2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16245

I think I started it :eyes: b

Natrlhi
08-03-2011, 10:01 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16245

I think I started it :eyes: bNah, the shit's definitely been going on for longer than that.

treghet
08-03-2011, 10:06 PM
No, I'm pretty sure that thread was the beginning of it.

mankvill
08-03-2011, 10:10 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=330327&postcount=103

there's the culprit. Sorry wine.

And my response:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=330348&postcount=108

treghet
08-03-2011, 10:13 PM
That may be the root of it, but it didn't turn into a meme until BrutalDescent's thread.

Nick_to_the_face
08-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I remember the meme before that thread

slapguitarer
08-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I made cookies

idrinkwine732
08-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I definitely made a tongue in cheek comment a while ago about no metal shows in California, but I definitely didn't mean it. Take a look at BrutalDescent's link.

:lovedup: That meme though :lovedup:

BloodoftheKings
08-03-2011, 11:40 PM
I went to go see Candlebox tonight. I didn't really know any of there songs but I figured whatever cause my friend had tickets. It was a pretty enjoyable show. The Crazy Donkey had a bunch of stupid openers that no one cares about as usual. The one really cool part was that Candlebox did a medley of classic hard rock songs in the middle of their set. It went Detroit Rock City/The Trooper/Immigrant Song/Crazy Train/Highway To Hell. All in all it was a pretty good show. I'm posting it here cause I don't have a setlist.

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Yesterday, my girlfriend messaged me on facebook and asked what I was doing. I said "Watching the love of my life. She responded "What?" So I sent her a live video of Landmine Marathon, she said "I should have figured"

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Yesterday, my girlfriend messaged me on facebook and asked what I was doing. I said "Watching the love of my life. She responded "What?" So I sent her a live video of Landmine Marathon, she said "I should have figured"

:lol:You and Brad should fight to the death for her. OK, just short of death. That I'd pay to see (provided of course that Landmine Marathon performs a ninety-minute set just prior to the main event).

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Oh yeah, the "no shows in CA" stuff was definitely a thing here before BrutalDescent joined. He just took it and ran like Forest Gump with it ;)

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 10:16 AM
I made cookiesWHAT KIND

EDIT: YOU CRUEL FUCKING BASTARD

powerslave_85
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
OK, just short of death. Brad would still make it to the death.

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Brad would still make it to the death.BECAUSE THAT'S METAL AS FUCK AND THAT'S HOW HE ROLLS, BITCH

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 10:23 AM
You and Brad should fight to the death for her. OK, just short of death. That I'd pay to see (provided of course that Landmine Marathon performs a ninety-minute set just prior to the main event).

Brad would still make it to the death.

I'm in :fight:
Brad looks to hipster for her anyway ;):D

powerslave_85
08-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Brad tends to get rather...attached to his celebrity crushes :lol:

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 10:35 AM
BECAUSE THAT'S METAL AS FUCK AND THAT'S HOW HE ROLLS, BITCH

Brad tends to get rather...attached to his celebrity crushes :lol:You're right. I'm probably wrong.

I'm in :fight:
Brad looks to hipster for her anyway ;):DNow it all makes sense. That's why she was pummeling him about the head, neck, shoulders and face at the infamous show in Toledo. It wasn't her flirting with him, it was her taking her hate for hipsters out on him. Of course. Why didn't we see that before?

Nobody tell Brad. He might jump off a bridge.

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Now it all makes sense. That's why she was pummeling him about the head, neck, shoulders and face at the infamous show in Toledo. It wasn't her flirting with him, it was her taking her hate for hipsters out on him. Of course. Why didn't we see that before?

Nobody tell Brad. He might jump off a bridge.

Exactly :lol: And she would obviously go with the more metal guy :cool:

jd091
08-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Brad would get her, definitely. She's a librarian; she likes those intelligent and learned types.

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Brad would get her, definitely. She's a librarian; she likes those intelligent and learned types.

I'm educated :snivel:
I guess college education isn't enough for anyone anymore :hmm:

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM
She's a librarianWOT'S ALL THIS THEN?!?

Don't fuck with me, bro. You're creating fanatasies in my mind that can't be uncreated. Tread lightly.

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
WOT'S ALL THIS THEN?!?

Don't fuck with me, bro. You're creating fanatasies in my mind that can't be uncreated. Tread lightly.

Those fantasies are spreading :eyes:

jd091
08-04-2011, 10:57 AM
WOT'S ALL THIS THEN?!?

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/02/11/landmine-marathon-grace-perry-librarian/

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/interviews/a/landminemarathoninterview.htm

Phoenix public library, I believe. I'm surprised you didn't know that. On most Landmine Marathon clips on YouTube, everybody comments, "OH MY GAWD I SAW GRACE THE OTHER DAY AT THE LIBRARY IT WAS THE BEST THING EVARRR".

I have a feeling Pornhub's "librarian" search will increase considerably today. ;)

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
THE PLAN:

Move to Phoenix.
Obtain library card.
Borrow as many books, videos and other media as possible.
DO NOT RETURN ANY OF THEM.
Two months later, Grace Perry shows up at filthy motel room where subject has been living in squalor and applies appropriate discipline.

IT CAN'T FAIL

jd091
08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
THE PLAN:

Move to Phoenix.
Obtain library card.
Borrow as many books, videos and other media as possible.
DO NOT RETURN ANY OF THEM.
Two months later, Grace Perry shows up at filthy motel room where subject has been living in squalor and applies appropriate discipline.

IT CAN'T FAIL

slapguitarer
08-04-2011, 12:52 PM
WHAT KIND

EDIT: YOU CRUEL FUCKING BASTARD

Oreo filled chocolate chip cookies

If your edit refers to me not responding, I went to bed before I could've read that. Sorry.

EDIT: Just noticed you posted that at 10:15 my time. I wasn't online yet.

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 01:11 PM
:lol:Don't tell Brad or Nick.

Or my wife.

Cuz I'm doin' it.

Thanks.

Natrlhi
08-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Oreo filled chocolate chip cookies

If your edit refers to me not responding, I went to bed before I could've read that. Sorry.

EDIT: Just noticed you posted that at 10:15 my time. I wasn't online yet.YOU ARE CRUEL FOR NOT SPECIFYING THE TYPE OF COOKIE IN THE FIRST PLACE WHAT KIND OF SICK FUCK ARE YOU ANYWAY

GarageMetal468
08-04-2011, 04:10 PM
hm just found out that David Ellefson is doing a free bass clinic at a Sam Ash 15 minutes from me :D Gonna be leaving in half an hour for that!

brutal_descent
08-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Cooking pancakes and listening to Opeth. :dance:

treghet
08-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Doing a damn fine job at wasting money.

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Don't tell Brad or Nick.

Or my wife.

Cuz I'm doin' it.

Thanks.

I'm doing the right thing..and telling your wife...
then defeating brad....
the stealing her for myself.
That's ethical...right?
:eyes:

treghet
08-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm doing the right thing..and telling your wife...
then defeating brad....
the stealing her for myself.
That's ethical...right?
:eyes:

You can't defeat Brad, he has a fucking beard from hell.

larvtard
08-04-2011, 06:26 PM
You can't defeat Brad, he has a fucking beard from hell.

True that.

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 06:29 PM
True that.

Does he still have the beard? Hmm....new strategy

DethMaiden
08-04-2011, 06:31 PM
First thread I open back from my road trip. Missed you guys. :bliss:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg734/scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=sjgpg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 06:37 PM

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg734/scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=sjgpg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

That's awesome.
And we missed you too :bliss:
Though now we have to fight to the death

masterguy49
08-04-2011, 06:54 PM

You left? ;)

Badass btw.

SomewhereInTime72
08-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Trying to catch up on all the minor things in my life (which includes this site ;)) after a 3 night hospital imprisonment (err, stay...). Also trying to figure out what to do with the fact that I can't drink for the next month or so... and it horrifies me. :eek: :bouville:

rjturtle9
08-05-2011, 12:44 AM
have the house to myself for a week. Drunk, listening to Rush, life is great!

MPF
08-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Well...I'm back to writing my screenplay. :(

christopher
08-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Really drunk. Too much Sailor Jerry for tonight :fingers: Good night cruel world, I'm leaving you today....hahahaha :lol:

christopher
08-05-2011, 02:41 AM
have the house to myself for a week. Drunk, listening to Rush, life is great!

where's my invite?

larvtard
08-05-2011, 08:55 AM
where's my invite?

I'm sure it just got lost in the mail.

mastodon421
08-05-2011, 09:22 AM
The Boston date for Odd Future sold out in 1 minute. One of my friends scalps tickets and he went to the venue and got 6 tickets. I am pretty sure I'm going to be able to go, he said he would sell me one for half of face value. I am pretty stoked.

larvtard
08-05-2011, 09:48 AM
The Boston date for Odd Future sold out in 1 minute. One of my friends scalps tickets and he went to the venue and got 6 tickets. I am pretty sure I'm going to be able to go, he said he would sell me one for half of face value. I am pretty stoked.

darn

Indestructible
08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere.
Wacken Open Air Festival live stream
http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/musik_konzerte/wacken/livestream/index.html

rjturtle9
08-05-2011, 10:44 AM
where's my invite?

Shit, if you aint doin anything tonight or tomorrow night, come down to my pad. Im having little shindigs all weekend. PM me for details or ask El Turtle Boy.

Dextrimental
08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
So it looks like Bloodstock is out the window. My dad is having a very basic brain/facial surgery Monday week. He doesn't mind if I'm not around, he's a very independent man, but I want to be around.

brutal_descent
08-05-2011, 02:02 PM
So now I've met idrinkwine732 and slapguitarer. Success!

Now I just have to meet the rest of you guys, and my life will be complete :bliss:

MPF
08-05-2011, 02:05 PM
So now I've met idrinkwine732 and slapguitarer. Success!

Now I just have to meet the rest of you guys, and my life will be complete :bliss:

Whenever you are in Minnesota or Northwestern Wisconsin, let me know.

christopher
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Shit, if you aint doin anything tonight or tomorrow night, come down to my pad. Im having little shindigs all weekend. PM me for details or ask El Turtle Boy.

I'll shoot ETB a text tomorrow if I'm free. I have to go into work in a few hours, so tonight's no good for me. Tomorrow I might be going to Huntington during the day to see MGMT for free. Not sure if I'll get stranded out there longer than I want. I'm definitely down to kick it. Thanks for the invite:D

brutal_descent
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM

Yeah, right. :lol:

christopher
08-05-2011, 02:10 PM

BD, be careful about this guy. You may think he's giving you candy on the way to see Cannibal Corpse, but they're really roofies:tongue: hahaha

mankvill
08-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere.
Wacken Open Air Festival live stream
http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/musik_konzerte/wacken/livestream/index.html

best post you've ever had.

Triptykon on now doing Procreation Of The Wicked

larvtard
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
best post you've ever had.

Triptykon on now doing Procreation Of The Wicked

they sound so fuckin' heavy live :eek:

much faster, too

mankvill
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
they sound so fuckin' heavy live :eek:

much faster, too

Really? I think Triptykon's version of CF material is even slower than reunited CF.

larvtard
08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Really? I think Triptykon's version of CF material is even slower than reunited CF.

I was talking about Goetia

mankvill
08-05-2011, 02:51 PM
I was talking about Goetia

Ah. :fist:

hellawaits77ny
08-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Killing time at work

jd091
08-05-2011, 03:08 PM
New Avatar time. Got a feeling it might be Black Dahlia Murder after Sunday...

JRA
08-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Man I really need to get in the habit of previewing stuff online before buying it on a whim in stores.

LAXdef16
08-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Registering for Pottermore :rocker:
I've had work all week so I really haven't been able to keep up with the clues.

jd091
08-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Registering for Pottermore :rocker:
I've had work all week so I really haven't been able to keep up with the clues.

What the fuck is that website, anyway?

larvtard
08-05-2011, 09:01 PM
just finished watching season 6 of 24. JD, you're crazy. I dunno how this season is any worse than any other season. Just as good.

also just realized there's eight seasons, not seven. Goddammit, I have to watch two seasons in two weeks :mad: (I don't plan on watching it on the computer at college)

SomewhereInTime72
08-05-2011, 10:00 PM
just finished watching season 6 of 24. JD, you're crazy. I dunno how this season is any worse than any other season. Just as good.

also just realized there's eight seasons, not seven. Goddammit, I have to watch two seasons in two weeks :mad: (I don't plan on watching it on the computer at college)

No you crazy man, I almost gave up on the show entirely after season 6 because it was so dreadfully bad. I wish I could have whatever you were smoking that made it an enjoyable watch instead of a snoozefest. ;)

LAXdef16
08-05-2011, 10:34 PM
What the fuck is that website, anyway?

It's an online Harry Potter gaming experience :party: I will have early access before it's released to the general public in October

slapguitarer
08-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I, slapguitarer, hereby declare my love for BrutalDescent, my lord and master.

:lovedup:

Nick_to_the_face
08-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I, slapguitarer, hereby declare my love for BrutalDescent, my lord and master.

:lovedup:

I assuming and hoping he somewhat got a hold of your password

slapguitarer
08-05-2011, 11:48 PM
I assuming and hoping he somewhat got a hold of your password

No, he's at my house, and I didn't bother logging off. :bouville:

Nick_to_the_face
08-05-2011, 11:50 PM

Ah :lol:

treghet
08-06-2011, 01:06 AM

So are you guys officially together now? ;)

treghet
08-06-2011, 03:12 AM
Asking myself why I wasn't here http://youtu.be/WL8IGuoo74Y?t=2m4s (Touché Amoré show)... Considering the venue is just down the street.

rjturtle9
08-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Totally drunk, might have myself my first threesome tonight! Fuck yeah!

:rocker:

treghet
08-06-2011, 03:18 AM

Turtle tagteam? :eyes:

jd091
08-06-2011, 07:45 AM
No you crazy man, I almost gave up on the show entirely after season 6 because it was so dreadfully bad. I wish I could have whatever you were smoking that made it an enjoyable watch instead of a snoozefest. ;)

This. Season 6 was terrible, and season 7 was so bad I stopped halfway through. Ben, you gotta be on some serious drugs to be enjoying the show that much at this point.

SomewhereInTime72
08-06-2011, 08:17 AM
This. Season 6 was terrible, and season 7 was so bad I stopped halfway through. Ben, you gotta be on some serious drugs to be enjoying the show that much at this point.

Really? I liked 7... was having a tough time in the beginning due to a somewhat slow start and my reluctance to really try it after the previous letdown but I found it to deliver more of the same shit you expect (in a good way) from the show once I gave it a chance. :eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw

...The question remains though, is it still not gay if the 3way is just 3 dudes....:eyes:

BloodoftheKings
08-06-2011, 09:34 AM

christopher
08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Getting ready to head out to Huntington Beach to see MGMT perform for free on the beach. It's going to be crowded as fuck and full of hipsters but it should be fun.

treghet
08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Getting ready to head out to Huntington Beach to see MGMT perform for free on the beach. It's going to be crowded as fuck and full of hipsters but it should be fun.

Also full of babes. ;) It would be fun even though I'm not a fan of MGMT, but I'm not even going to bother going down there (I live in HB) because it will be so crowded.

christopher
08-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Also full of babes. ;) It would be fun even though I'm not a fan of MGMT, but I'm not even going to bother going down there (I live in HB) because it will be so crowded.

So true, going to see a lot of beautiful women out there:D I went last year to see Weezer. Besides the awful parking, it wasn't too bad. I'm not leaving my area till 1:30 so I know I'll have more difficulty this year. Oh well, it will be a good time.

larvtard
08-06-2011, 12:20 PM
how was Season 6 that bad? Sure, it was kinda unrealistic that Jack could go right back into the field after being in China for two years, and the jump from securing the nuclear weapons to saving Audrey wasn't very smooth, but all in all, it was just another 24 season. Not as good as the other seaons, but it certainly wasn't bad by any means.

jd091
08-06-2011, 12:38 PM
how was Season 6 that bad? Sure, it was kinda unrealistic that Jack could go right back into the field after being in China for two years, and the jump from securing the nuclear weapons to saving Audrey wasn't very smooth, but all in all, it was just another 24 season. Not as good as the other seaons, but it certainly wasn't bad by any means.

Probably the single worst season of any TV show I've ever seen. Story, pacing, plot, realism, acting- it was all abysmal.

larvtard
08-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Probably the single worst season of any TV show I've ever seen. Story, pacing, plot, realism, acting- it was all abysmal.

Hmmm. Fair enough. Anyway, is it necessary to watch Redemption before I start season 7? Cuz' I don't think it's on Netflix Instant... :snivel:

GarageMetal468
08-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Ugh, Fatality and Mortifier are doing a show/party in Chicago tonight and I got work... Hopefully it's slow as hell so I can get off early enough to make it. If it's anytime before 9:30, I'll be going for sure. Doubt it though.

jd091
08-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Hmmm. Fair enough. Anyway, is it necessary to watch Redemption before I start season 7? Cuz' I don't think it's on Netflix Instant... :snivel:

Not really, if I remember correctly.

And Season 7... I forget which ones are which, but is that the one with the whole Private Military group debacle? When you come to it, you'll know. All I'm gonna say is that it was one of the most unrealistic portrayals of the US Military, ever. I'm kind of a military channel nerd, so that whole episode sequence pissed me off enough to stop watching the show.

Maybe I'm stupid. I don't know. There's enough awesome shows I have yet to watch through (especially now that I have access to HBO Go :fist:) that I don't need to waste time on something that doesn't entertain me.

rjturtle9
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Didn't happen haha

jd091
08-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Okay, people. OFWGKTA are coming to Chicago in October, at the Metro. Tickets are $23. I have not listened to them before, but I'm open to their style. Should I bite the bullet and buy one? I have a feeling this show is gonna sell out fast. I know some friends of mine are going, also.

DethMaiden
08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Should probably just start being gay so skyping beautiful women with no interest in me every night about their man problems isn't as debilitatingly depressing. :bouville:

mankvill
08-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Should probably just start being gay so skyping beautiful women with no interest in me every night about their man problems isn't as debilitatingly depressing. :bouville:

Or just quit doing that and quit allowing yourself to be in the friendzone, tell em you wanna suck on they titties :flame: also shave and grow hair

Nick_to_the_face
08-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Or just quit doing that and quit allowing yourself to be in the friendzone, tell em you wanna suck on they titties :flame: also shave and grow hair

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

christopher
08-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Didn't happen haha

Pics of the threesome or the turtle tagteam did happen :tongue:

christopher
08-07-2011, 12:28 AM

best advice so far

GarageMetal468
08-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Actually made it out to the Fatality show tonight! I guess there were problems with the venue location so they switched it back to the DIY place in Chicago where Nocturnal and Witchaven played back in May. I guess a majority of the bands playing dropped due to certain issues or lack of patience, not 100% sure of that. The show also started at like 10:15 instead of the 7 PM time and I got there at 10:30. But it was still an awesome night nonetheless. The bands that played were awesome and it was great seeing all of my good friends from shows. A lot of them were really excited to see me since I told everyone I wasn't showing up haha

christopher
08-07-2011, 12:57 AM
There were too many people in Huntington today. It took hours to find parking and I half most of MGMT's set due to slow walking. I had a lot of fun today after wandering around on the beach with my friends haha

christopher
08-07-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm really bored right now and occupying myself with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ8ViL7w2u0

brutal_descent
08-07-2011, 02:46 AM
So are you guys officially together now? ;)

;)

GarageMetal468
08-07-2011, 10:51 AM
So I posted on Rigor Mortis's facebook that they should play Maryland Deathfest next year and they liked it... I hope they're on to something :drool:

I also promised my friend I'd do this before their set if they get confirmed for MDF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFcrh2CN5bQ

Basically Exhorder part 2, where I get ridiculously trashed for one of my favorite thrash bands

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2011, 11:10 AM
God, when the fuck does football come back on TV? I'm so BORED.

LAXdef16
08-07-2011, 11:29 AM
God, when the fuck does football come back on TV? I'm so BORED.

Real football or American?

MPF
08-07-2011, 11:55 AM
This happened at my house while I was at band practice yesterday:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/283102_10150738362800459_629590458_20010701_106719 9_n.jpg
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282516_10150738363110459_629590458_20010706_592141 9_n.jpg
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/215053_10150738363430459_629590458_20010710_679205 4_n.jpg

Meanwhile, 40 minutes away at band practice...not a drop of rain. At my house, huge fucking thunderstorm!

brutal_descent
08-07-2011, 12:28 PM
slap put my music hella loud and turned on Wake Up (Suicide Silence)

don't appreciate being woken up like that :bouville:

larvtard
08-07-2011, 12:29 PM

awwww, you guys had a sleepover! :lovedup:

brutal_descent
08-07-2011, 12:33 PM
awwww, you guys had a sleepover! :lovedup:

logan don't test me

jd091
08-07-2011, 12:45 PM

y u mad, that's a good song. ;)

Ok and I'm at summer slaughter right now. You guys know my "musical diversity" when it comes to metal, and I have to say... Within The Ruins is LAUGHABLY bad.

treghet
08-07-2011, 12:51 PM
y u mad, that's a good song. ;)

Ok and I'm at summer slaughter right now. You guys know my "musical diversity" when it comes to metal, and I have to say... Within The Ruins is LAUGHABLY bad.

Just wait till Oceano starts playing. I challenge you to watch their whole set.

jd091
08-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Just wait till Oceano starts playing. I challenge you to watch their whole set.

I think I'll grab a burger and sit upstairs. Waiting for Fleshgod currently. Pretty excited, from what everybody's been saying.

jd091
08-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Fleshgod fucking destroyed! Great pits. Kind of hurt my thumb though, so I'm sitting down upstairs for a bit.

ABRB isn't bad, but nothing special. And did they replace every member of the band or something? They totally do not resemble the 2006 ABRB I remember...

They also look very un-scene. Perhaps why they lost popularity? ;)

GarageMetal468
08-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Fleshgod fucking destroyed! Great pits. Kind of hurt my thumb though, do I'm sitting down upstairs for a bit.

ABRB isn't bad, but nothing special. And did they replace every member of the band or something? They totally do not resemble the 2006 ABRB I remember...

Just wait til Dying Fetus. You're fucked.

Anyway, I'm debating on going to Summer Slaughter tomorrow... I'm off work, so if I have absolutely nothing going on I'll try buying at the door tomorrow.

mastodon421
08-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Within The Ruins is a LOT better than As Blood Runs Black or Oceano. I will see how they are live on Friday, but their studio stuff is pretty good.

jd091
08-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Just wait til Dying Fetus. You're fucked.

Anyway, I'm debating on going to Summer Slaughter tomorrow... I'm off work, so if I have absolutely nothing going on I'll try buying at the door tomorrow.

You gotta go for at least Fleshgod. I'm sure DF and BDM will kill it also.

ABRB = forgettable. Very generic. The only decent song they played was My Fears Have Become Phobias, and even then, I'm not 16 anymore... got a little bored.

evildeadjedi
08-07-2011, 03:14 PM

It definitely was not the best but not the worse season of a TV I have ever seen.There were moments I was thinking WTF though.

Redemption is not required, but does a good job of introducing characters important in Season 7.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2011, 03:24 PM
So I was in the mood to listen to Devin Townsend just before and Spotify took down all the Devin Townsend band albums. I hate when Netflix does this shit to me and now Spotify is doing it. :bouville:

DethMaiden
08-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Doing a ton of work for the fall semester at WEEKEND (student-run entertainment paper I edit at IU) today. Gonna be a little weird coming down from my summer to this, but I think I learned a lot that's gonna make it better. Stoked.

The_jman
08-07-2011, 08:13 PM
I just randomly discovered the awesomeness that is dark tranquility's album Projector... I like my melodeath to have some clean vocals in it, so had ruled out dt because I had never heard that Mikael ever sang clean vocals, well apparently he does on this album... and quite well too IMO.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM
I just randomly discovered the awesomeness that is dark tranquility's album Projector... I like my melodeath to have some clean vocals in it, so had ruled out dt because I had never heard that Mikael ever sang clean vocals, well apparently he does on this album... and quite well too IMO.

Dark Tranquility has clean vox on a lot of their albums. They have songs that are all clean vocals.

The_jman
08-07-2011, 08:32 PM
unless wikipedia's wrong it sounds like only a few of their albums do but wikipedia's not always right, lol. but thanks for the information... have any songs with clean vocals you'd recommend? other than on projector since I just went ahead and bought the album since I couldn't find a version to download for free, lol.

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2011, 08:43 PM
unless wikipedia's wrong it sounds like only a few of their albums do but wikipedia's not always right, lol. but thanks for the information... have any songs with clean vocals you'd recommend? other than on projector since I just went ahead and bought the album since I couldn't find a version to download for free, lol.

Misery's Crown is one of there biggest songs and it's mostly clean vocals. Every album from Projector and on has clean vocals. The albums I suggest you check out are Fiction, Damage Done, and Character.

The_jman
08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Misery's Crown is one of there biggest songs and it's mostly clean vocals. Every album from Projector and on has clean vocals. The albums I suggest you check out are Fiction, Damage Done, and Character.
thanks!

jd091
08-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Man, for some reason, I'm getting the biggest crush on Gemma Whelan, the actress who's gonna play Yara Greyjoy in Season 2 of Game of Thrones. I don't know why; she's not one of those girls who is automatically "hot", but somehow...

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/game-of-thrones-casts-gemma-whelan-as-theon-s-sister.jpg

:lovedup: SO CUTE :lovedup:

christopher
08-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm digging the new Blink 182 song :party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eBcSiIj2_E

El Gordo
08-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm digging the new Blink 182 song :party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eBcSiIj2_E

Fuck. Me too! This is surprisingly good.

DethMaiden
08-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Struggling to write sentences without "fucking" in them=too drunk to write?

christopher
08-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Struggling to write sentences without "fucking" in them=too drunk to write?

No not at all. When you start making absolutely no sense or you find yourself spelling every other word wrong, then that's when you should separate yourself from your phone:lol:

christopher
08-08-2011, 12:24 AM
I discovered a new band! I guess James Hunnicutt(one of my favorite country musicians) used to have a punk band with a Misfits/Danzig vibe to them. I can't get over how awesome it is.

http://www.myspace.com/miseryseed

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Just spent a couple of hours completing this alcohol online exam/course for college. Got an 83, passing grade is 75 so I'm good. Shit was long though and my internet kept disconnecting :mad:. But I'm done now at 3:30AM :D.

Butcher of Birth
08-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Enjoying my house that is currently without A/C!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Florida heat... You will be the death of me :flame:

jd091
08-08-2011, 05:20 AM
No not at all. When you start making absolutely no sense or you find yourself spelling every other word wrong, then that's when you should separate yourself from your phone:lol:

Yeah, I think Vegan is the master of drunk advice. He's the expert here. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
08-08-2011, 06:19 AM
I think I fucked up my ankle. I was moving an old car yesterday and had to move the wheels manually...so I was kicking at the tires to get them to turn, and caught the metal rim with the bottom of my foot. Shooting pain through my arch, along the top, and around my ankle. Shit hurts. :(

jd091
08-08-2011, 06:40 AM
BRAD! YOU'RE FAMOUS!

http://www.donewaiting.com/2011/08/07/photos-clutch-flogging-molly-live/

8th picture down. I can't copy the file location. BUT YOU'RE FAMOUS!

DethMaiden
08-08-2011, 06:48 AM
BRAD! YOU'RE FAMOUS!

http://www.donewaiting.com/2011/08/07/photos-clutch-flogging-molly-live/

8th picture down. I can't copy the file location. BUT YOU'RE FAMOUS!

:lol: Fuckin' awesome.

larvtard
08-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Just spent a couple of hours completing this alcohol online exam/course for college. Got an 83, passing grade is 75 so I'm good. Shit was long though and my internet kept disconnecting :mad:. But I'm done now at 3:30AM :D.

I got an 80. OMGWERE U DRUNK TAKING IT??? :lol:

larvtard
08-08-2011, 07:22 AM
so apparently my Facebook friends can read what I'm writing on my college group... WTF FACEBOOK :bouville:

jd091
08-08-2011, 07:37 AM
so apparently my Facebook friends can read what I'm writing on my college group... WTF FACEBOOK :bouville:

Yeah, I've been seeing that for a while. :lol: I wanted to comment, but I can't since I'm not part of the group.

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
yeah you seem to be quite popular on there

larvtard
08-08-2011, 08:29 AM
yeah you seem to be quite popular on there

Yup :D

mastodon421
08-08-2011, 08:37 AM

You've been blowing up my news feed lol. You seem to have a cult following on there.

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2011, 08:38 AM
I just found mine last night but I still need to be confirmed. Hopefully I can start finding some concert buddies.

larvtard
08-08-2011, 09:19 AM
You've been blowing up my news feed lol. You seem to have a cult following on there.

just wondering, is it just posts I make on there that go on your feed or also comments I make on posts?

oh, btw Shattered, one of my friends I met on that group is the same guy who just posted on your last.fm about carpooling to a show :lol: If we can get a ride we may head down to the Swans show in Boston.

also JD: you should join the group and troll us :D there was some random high-schooler that joined and starting calling all of us "faggots." It was priceless.

jd091
08-08-2011, 09:34 AM
just wondering, is it just posts I make on there that go on your feed or also comments I make on posts?

oh, btw Shattered, one of my friends I met on that group is the same guy who just posted on your last.fm about carpooling to a show :lol: If we can get a ride we may head down to the Swans show in Boston.

also JD: you should join the group and troll us :D there was some random high-schooler that joined and starting calling all of us "faggots." It was priceless.

I'm on it

mastodon421
08-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Both actually.

jd091
08-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Trolling has commenced. Kind of funny that they accepted me into the group so fast even though I have "DePaul class of 2014" emblazoned across my Facebook info.

Maiden33
08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
It seems like I'm perpetually busy anymore, and mostly with music stuff, which I guess I shouldn't complain about. I've been playing well-paying acoustic shows with my sister on many weekends of the past 2 months. My actual band is gearing up to start playing a few full-band shows again - as well as preparing to enter the studio around the end of the year. I've been doing some guest guitar and vocal work for another local band at some shows - AND I've been rehearsing with some friends for a special Maiden tribute set for a show on September 3rd where we're doing about an hour's worth of songs.

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2011, 01:33 PM

Small world i guess. Im also trying to go the Swans show. For me they have shuttle buses and amtrak that go to Boston and it seems simple. Hopefully i can go.

larvtard
08-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Im also trying to go the Swans show. For me they have shuttle buses and amtrak that go to Boston and it seems simple. Hopefully i can go.

yeah I know, that's why I mentioned it :D

also, just joined Quinnipiac's group. People, tell me what colleges you go to/went to so I can troll them.

ShatteredFlame
08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
They keep talking about this dayglow thing in my group. It looks like a gwar show if shpongle took over. Tempted to buy a ticket now.

jd091
08-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Guess I passed 3k posts. Cool.

larvtard
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Guess I passed 3k posts. Cool.

:tp:

jd091
08-08-2011, 07:01 PM
:tp:

Remember those days when you had more posts than me?

Yeah.

The_jman
08-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Man, for some reason, I'm getting the biggest crush on Gemma Whelan, the actress who's gonna play Yara Greyjoy in Season 2 of Game of Thrones. I don't know why; she's not one of those girls who is automatically "hot", but somehow...

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/game-of-thrones-casts-gemma-whelan-as-theon-s-sister.jpg

yara? did they change asha's name for the show? or did they make a new character that's not in the books?

The_jman
08-08-2011, 07:24 PM
they still do this shit? I was the first class in my school to be required to take it... lol.

MPF
08-09-2011, 01:45 AM
If you are like me and can't sleep at 3:45am. This will keep you entertained for hours. Just run the mouse over the picture fast or slow and have fun.

http://www.selfcontrolfreak.com/slaan.html

christopher
08-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Drunk, just drove home from Riverside. I was freaking out for a few minutes cause a cop was tailgating the shit out of me for a few miles, but I wasn't pulled over:D

christopher
08-09-2011, 02:55 AM
If you are like me and can't sleep at 3:45am. This will keep you entertained for hours. Just run the mouse over the picture fast or slow and have fun.

http://www.selfcontrolfreak.com/slaan.html

Fuck you man, this is too much comedy for me right now:lol:

jd091
08-09-2011, 05:21 AM
yara? did they change asha's name for the show? or did they make a new character that's not in the books?

Yep, they changed her name for some reason. Asha Greyjoy is now Yara Greyjoy. As long as they keep in that scene where Theon first meets her, I'm fine. :tongue:

ravenheart
08-09-2011, 05:37 AM
It seems like I'm perpetually busy anymore

America: learn to use "anymore" properly.

ravenheart
08-09-2011, 05:41 AM

How... old is she? :eyes:

El Gordo
08-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Drunk, just drove home from Riverside. I was freaking out for a few minutes cause a cop was tailgating the shit out of me for a few miles, but I wasn't pulled over:D

That's a shame. Maybe you would have learned something.

Crionics
08-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Remember those days when you had more posts than me?

Yeah.

Remember those days when I had more posts than both of ya? ;)

jd091
08-09-2011, 06:12 AM
How... old is she? :eyes:

23, I believe. She's definitely old enough. :lol:

ravenheart
08-09-2011, 07:10 AM
23, I believe. She's definitely old enough. :lol:

Marvelous ;)

GarageMetal468
08-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Summer Slaughter was pretty fun last night. I showed up just in time for Fleshgod, so I was happy about that. Mini review here:

Fleshgod Apocalypse: Awesome

As Blood Runs Black: They were okay, before one of their breakdowns I threw a handful of change down in the middle of the pit

Oceano: FUCKING KILL ME THEY WERE HORRIBLE. BREAKDOWN AFTER BREAKDOWN AFTER GOD DAMN FUCKING BREAKDOWN. Makes me ashamed to be from the same fucking city as these talentless fucks. Their drummer was actually worse than the vocalist, he couldn't even keep up a slow tempo beat.

Powerglove: Amazing! I'm so happy they played Power Wisdom Courage! I also got a foam sword from their merch table and got Chris Barnes to sign it.

Dying Fetus: Best band of the night, by far. I was raging the entire time to them, they were that good! They got their set cut short though, yet As Blood Runs Black got an extra song. That pissed me off.

Six Feet Under: They were okay, pretty cool to see live, sucks that Chris's vocals are pretty much shot though.

Whitechapel: Not bad, I'm not a fan of their studio stuff at all but they weren't bad live.

The Black Dahlia Murder: Always putting on a hell of a show, very good.

So it was pretty cool to go. I was off work and had the money and figured why not? I also met John and Sean from Dying Fetus, the bassist from Fleshgod Apocalypse and Chris Barnes.

Natrlhi
08-09-2011, 07:45 AM

http://www.selfcontrolfreak.com/slaan.htmlHours? Really? I got bored after about thirty seconds. You really need to get out more.

Powerglove: Amazing! I'm so happy they played Power Wisdom Courage! I also got a foam sword from their merch table and got Chris Barnes to sign it.
Let me make sure I have this straight. You paid hard-earned money for a foam sword from the merch table of a band that exclusively plays metal cover tunes of video game theme music, and had one of the band members autograph it for you, and you want us to not make fun of you. Is this correct?

DementedX14
08-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Summer Slaughter was amazing! :party::rocker:

GarageMetal468
08-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Let me make sure I have this straight. You paid hard-earned money for a foam sword from the merch table of a band that exclusively plays metal cover tunes of video game theme music, and had one of the band members autograph it for you, and you want us to not make fun of you. Is this correct?

Probably should've put that I didn't pay for it. I saw it on the floor underneath their table and just took it. And hey, Chris Barnes was right next to me, why not have him autograph it? I didn't get buy any merch this year.

ravenheart
08-09-2011, 07:49 AM

Sounds like incredibly wishful thinking to me.

GarageMetal468
08-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Yep, chill out brah

ShatteredFlame
08-09-2011, 07:59 AM
I dont know whats wrong with my internet this past week. My dad hooks up this fax machine where the router is and suddenly we get disconnected every few minutes. Also facebook runs the smoothest on my comp when other sites barely load, what does facebook use that maked this happen? Been posting on my phone and it sucks.

Natrlhi
08-09-2011, 08:16 AM
Probably should've put that I didn't pay for it. I saw it on the floor underneath their table and just took it. And hey, Chris Barnes was right next to me, why not have him autograph it? I didn't get buy any merch this year.

Yep, chill out brah

Defensive, much?

We're kidding, son. Easy does it.

ravenheart
08-09-2011, 08:18 AM
I dont know whats wrong with my internet this past week. My dad hooks up this fax machine where the router is and suddenly we get disconnected every few minutes.

Where's the fax machine plugged in? Is it in a separate wall-socket? Does that socket have a microswitch in it? Every socket that you use for any kind of telephony equipment needs to have a microswitch in it, not just the one the router is plugged in to.

Just a thought.

ravenheart
08-09-2011, 08:21 AM

So instead of spending hard-earned money on a foam sword, you just stole it?

Or were they not actually on sale?

jd091
08-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Nat's too old and mature to enjoy video games. Don't worry, Garagemetal! :hug:

larvtard
08-09-2011, 08:23 AM

Natrlhi
08-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Nat's too old and mature to enjoy video games. Don't worry, Garagemetal! :hug:Oh, son. You have NO FUCKING IDEA how wrong you are about that one. No. Fucking. Idea. :nonono:

Natrlhi
08-09-2011, 08:27 AM

Or were they not actually on sale?:lol: I try to throw the poor fucker a lifeline to ease his suffering, and you just pour on the gasoline. Typical. ;)

GarageMetal468
08-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Or were they not actually on sale?

I don't think they were on sale, they were just lying there and the merch people didn't say anything when I took it.

jd091
08-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Oh, son. You have NO FUCKING IDEA how wrong you are about that one. No. Fucking. Idea. :nonono:

Ok, big daddy, what games are your favs? What genres you into?

Natrlhi
08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok, big daddy, what games are your favs? What genres you into?Let's just say I've been around since the days of Pong, Space Invaders and Pac-Man. I've owned an Atari 2600, a Commodore 64 (which I used almost exclusively for games), a Nintendo (the original) and now own a PS3. I've played so many damn video games in my lifetime, it would make your fucking head spin. I'm still a big fan of the old-school arcade-style games, and when I first discovered M.A.M.E. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME) years ago, I spent the entire night and into the following morning downloading old classics and playing them on my PC. I almost spent a few thousand bucks trying to put together a M.A.M.E. machine for my basement, but in the end I realized it would take more time and effort than I was able to spare. My only real "time off" from video games has been the last five years or so, when family became more important, but now that my son is just starting to come of video game age, I bought the PS3 as a combo gift for him and me last Christmas. We love to play Burnout Paradise together. That game fucking rules. I also have about two dozen other games, only half of which I've even played so far. Hopefully this winter I'll get into some of the ones I haven't played yet. I really like first-person shooters. I was really into Doom, Quake, Half-Life, Unreal and even the original Castle Wolfenstein on PC. Turok is pretty awesome, to be honest (I've played both the PC and PS3 versions). I've played some Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed (I have the first two), and other games like that, and I like them pretty well. I liked Tomb Raider on the PC about ten years ago, and I have one of the Tomb Raider games for PS3 right now, as well as Uncharted 1 & 2, which I haven't played yet. I also have some sports games such as MLB 2K9 (I think) and NBA 2K10 (the last one where LeFuckface is still on the Cavs), but I've only played them a bit. Hell, I even like Sonic Unleashed, Ratchet & Clank (I have "A Crack in Time", I think) and Little Big Planet for their old-school arcade-style aspects, because again, I'm an old-school type who digs the games where reaction speed and strategy are key to winning. If someone were to hack the PS3 so that it could run M.A.M.E. (which they probably have, I just haven't heard about it), I'd probably never leave my house.

True story: I got a bike stolen once by a kid who noticed that I had left it outside the Uncle Bill's store in Rocky River and pumped one of the video games in the store full of quarters so that I could play for free, thereby distracting me for nearly an hour before I left and realized he'd taken my bike. I was so scared to go home and tell my Dad about it, I nearly shit myself.

That enough proof for ya?

EDIT: tl/dr - VIDEO GAMES WERE LIKE CRACK COCAINE TO ME FOR THE FIRST TWENTY YEARS OF MY LIFE, AND I HAVE BEEN A RECOVERING ADDICT EVER SINCE.

jd091
08-09-2011, 09:52 AM
:lol: Yeah, that about does it. That's really awesome! I know a couple older guys who have been around since the early days of gaming, and I always find that fascinating. It's changed so much since then. Thanks for the story.

I'm really big into western RPG's and strategy games on the PC, but this summer I got a Wii and have been regressing back to the more simple, arcade-ish/platformers. The more I game, the more I appreciate simplicity like that.

powerslave_85
08-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Somebody To Love
Surrealistic Pillow
Jefferson Airplane

Watched A Serious Man yesterday; this song was used masterfully.

DethMaiden
08-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Somebody To Love
Surrealistic Pillow
Jefferson Airplane

Watched A Serious Man yesterday; this song was used masterfully.

BUT I DON'T WANT SANTANA ABRAXAS!

powerslave_85
08-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Gah, wrong fucking thread. But yes :lol:

El Gordo
08-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Blablabla

You basically described my video gaming history, except for the Pong part, I was too young at the time I think. Also switch out NBA for NHL and there you go. I had an Atari 2600 too and I find myself often missing the time when games were simpler. Maybe not Atari simple, but at least NES/SNES simple.

mastodon421
08-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Leaving in an about an hour to go see blink-182 and My Chemical Romance. I will post the set in the General Chat to avoid the "herp derp this isn't metal" bitching shitstorm;)

edit: and btw, new Revocation fucking slays. I just finished listening to it. This year doesn't stop impressing me.

mankvill
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Leaving in an about an hour to go see blink-182 and My Chemical Romance. I will post the set in the General Chat to avoid the "herp derp this isn't metal" bitching shitstorm;)

I've always watched blink from the GA Lawn, but I've decided I'm gonna try and get on the rail for them this time. All the setlists have them ending the main set with Josie! So tell me how that is. :shred:

DementedX14
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know (or if you could care less stop reading) that I won't be posting under Absurd88 anymore. Since I already pass 300 posts, I figure it is best to lay that name to rest. :hecho: I will instead be posting under the new username: dementedx14. Which is basically the same as my xbox live and last.fm username. :cool:

mastodon421
08-09-2011, 12:33 PM

I've always watched blink from the GA Lawn, but I've decided I'm gonna try and get on the rail for them this time. All the setlists have them ending the main set with Josie! So tell me how that is. :shred:

Will do. I got lawn tickets because I didn't want to shell out $90 for tickets. The only thing that sucks it's supposed to start pouring here around 7:30 (a half hour into the show), should be fun though!

dementedx14
08-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Sup :D, One thing I wanted to mention about summer slaughter last night was the fact that Chris banres looks a lot like randy blythe.

GarageMetal468
08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Sup :D, One thing I wanted to mention about summer slaughter last night was the fact that Chris banres looks a lot like randy blythe.

Damn, so that was you all along! Of course I recognize your new username from last.fm haha

Natrlhi
08-09-2011, 12:48 PM
You basically described my video gaming history, except for the Pong part, I was too young at the time I think. Also switch out NBA for NHL and there you go. I had an Atari 2600 too and I find myself often missing the time when games were simpler. Maybe not Atari simple, but at least NES/SNES simple.I agree. The old-school video game addict in me likes the simple arcade-style games the best. However, the tech nerd in me also enjoys the sheer detail and realism that many of the PS3 and similar style games deliver nowadays as well. I can't believe how realistic the physics in Burnout Paradise are, for example - and from what I've heard, that's nothing compared to some of the newer games. I just love being blown away by improvements in technology in general, I guess - but give me a good game of Centipede, Bomb Jack, Super Pac-Man or Mario Bros. (the original single-screen game, none of this "Super Mario" side-scroller shit :rolleyes:) any fucking day, and watch my eyes light up. :D

larvtard
08-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know (or if you could care less stop reading) that I won't be posting under Absurd88 anymore. Since I already pass 300 posts, I figure it is best to lay that name to rest. :hecho: I will instead be posting under the new username: dementedx14. Which is basically the same as my xbox live and last.fm username. :cool:

DON'T LISTEN TO WIZZBANG we don't think you're a Nazi

but you can just PM EvilCheese or es156 to change your username

Butcher of Birth
08-09-2011, 01:32 PM
About to head out and play some soccer! WHOOP!

christopher
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM

I saw them play that song last year at Epicenter and it was awesome!!

christopher
08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
That's a shame. Maybe you would have learned something.

Oh I was fine to drive when I did make the drive. I had a few drinks before I drove, then waited till I was back to a good state, then I drank more after the drive and just happened to be drunk when I posted. I was just freaking out for a sec when the cop was behind me haha I know when to not drive. I've had it in with the cops before and learned a big ass lesson from it.

dementedx14
08-09-2011, 01:41 PM
DON'T LISTEN TO WIZZBANG we don't think you're a Nazi

but you can just PM EvilCheese or es156 to change your username

No thanks, I won't bother asking them I just wanted to start my posts from scratch again.