PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Don't say you'll never get a hangover. I usually don't get hangovers, but when I mix whiskey with dark beer, I feel so terrible the next day. If I do drugs while drinking, then I will feel like I want to die the next day. It all depends on what you have in your system when you are coming down

Yeah well I dont drink anymore. Though Jager bombs are the best thing ever :drool:

But last time I smoked pot while drinking it turned out to be one of the most insane nights of my life :lol: One that experiencing once is enough.

idrinkwine732
07-24-2011, 10:03 PM
But last time I smoked pot while drinking it turned out to be one of the most insane nights of my life :lol: One that experiencing once is enough.

It's not to be taken lightly, that's for sure.

Cocktailing drugs like that is to be avoided when possible, though.

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 10:09 PM
It's not to be taken lightly, that's for sure.

Cocktailing drugs like that is to be avoided when possible, though.

Yeah I ended up vomiting and thinking it was blood. Spent the rest of the night telling my friend I'm going to die :tp:

Definitely not something I'd recommend.

daimonos
07-24-2011, 10:36 PM
I only drink when I'm invited or bored or want to have a good time or need to talk to a girl or it's the weekend or I'm eating something that would taste good with a beer or....

:eyes:

This. Basically anytime I do anything with anybody at night, alcohol is involved, now that I think about it. Hmmm.... :eyes:

I remember the first time I ever smoked while drinking. Crazy shit. I think I was 15 at the time? Anyways after you do it a couple times you get used to it. Now I almost always smoke at least something before/while I'm drinking, but thats just because its a normal habit, I guess.

christopher
07-24-2011, 10:56 PM
This. Basically anytime I do anything with anybody at night, alcohol is involved, now that I think about it. Hmmm.... :eyes:

I remember the first time I ever smoked while drinking. Crazy shit. I think I was 15 at the time? Anyways after you do it a couple times you get used to it. Now I almost always smoke at least something before/while I'm drinking, but thats just because its a normal habit, I guess.

First part: That summarizes my life too, with the addition of Super Street Fighter 4 haha

Second Part: I remember the first few times I was cross faded. I just wanted to die cause I was soo sick both times. After a while, my tolerance built up so I could handle doing both and getting away with having a good night. I've learned that I have to smoke early on in the drinking or I will be too messed up and get sick again. I also can't smoke too much weed while drinking or I'll get sick. Its just something I have to judge at the time. I've made it a habit to get cross faded most of the times I go to shows, so driving myself home is always interesting :eyes:

MPF
07-25-2011, 12:36 AM
I just made the playlist for my first radio segment. I think it's a really good mix of Hard Rock and Metal that people will enjoy. If anyone wants to see it, I can post it, maybe see what you guys think? (although it would ruin the surprise Next Tuesday for those who wanna listen). I'm listening to it now just to make sure everything flows together.

ChildrenofSodom
07-25-2011, 06:12 AM
So, Varg hasn't said anything on facebook since his Thursday status saying "War." And although this Anders nutjob is a Christian, his views against immigrants and multiculturalism don't run contrary to the nationalist neopaganism that Varg subscribes to. Any word on the connection? I don't want metal to be the scapegoat for this terrible event, but if Norway is anything like the US, these nationalist bands are probably very closely tied to the militia movement.

I'm really starting to dig Fallen and Belus, so I hope I don't have to go back to not listening to Burzum on principle...

larvtard
07-25-2011, 09:04 AM
dude :lol: I totally remember this one time that I was hammered as FUCK, and I was stumbling around the place like crazy. I had also just smoked a massive bowl so I was just fuckin' trippin,' man. I seriously thought everyone was trying to kill me. My anxiety even gave me a nosebleed of epic proportions, while I had this insane nausa-inflected headache.

...nah, I'm just kidding, I've never done anything like that before :(

jd091
07-25-2011, 09:40 AM
dude :lol: I totally remember this one time that I was hammered as FUCK, and I was stumbling around the place like crazy. I had also just smoked a massive bowl so I was just fuckin' trippin,' man. I seriously thought everyone was trying to kill me. My anxiety even gave me a nosebleed of epic proportions, while I had this insane nausa-inflected headache.

...nah, I'm just kidding, I've never done anything like that before :(

I was about to say... that wasn't weed you just smoked.

jd091
07-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Finally seeing Skeletonwitch for the first time this week. Avatar has been adjusted accordingly.

ShatteredFlame
07-25-2011, 09:49 AM
I usually am on some medication of some sorts so I can't drink/smoke but I don't care anyway. I have experimented a bunch of times but overall I am just not that type of guy.

DethMaiden
07-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Interviewing WITTR in an hour! :party:

makethemsuffer12
07-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Passed my road test. :party:

ShatteredFlame
07-25-2011, 01:06 PM

Congrats!

MPF
07-25-2011, 01:20 PM

Congrats!

Not much beats listening to Make Them Suffer while driving. If you haven't done that yet, get on it! It's a great brutal song to drive to.

jd091
07-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Congrats!

Not much beats listening to Make Them Suffer while driving. If you haven't done that yet, get on it! It's a great brutal song to drive to.

I've scared many a child by pointing at them and screaming, "NOW YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING TO DIE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR" at that end breakdown.

MPF
07-25-2011, 01:27 PM
I've scared many a child by pointing at them and screaming, "NOW YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING TO DIE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR" at that end breakdown.

Try Triptykon- A Thousand Lies

Now that definitely fucks with people:

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE

jd091
07-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Try Triptykon- A Thousand Lies

Now that definitely fucks with people:

Ha, that sounds like a good idea. Lately I've been doing a lot of Terror. There's something sadistically satisfying in screaming, "FUCK EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE" at old ladies. Or maybe I'm just a bad person...

MPF
07-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Ha, that sounds like a good idea. Lately I've been doing a lot of Terror. There's something sadistically satisfying in screaming, "FUCK EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE" at old ladies. Or maybe I'm just a bad person...

I would so similar. Right after I Graduated, my school marching band always had practice right in front of the school and the band tear was a giant Peter Griffin looking asshole. So anytime I'd drive by when they were getting lectured. I would blast all the Death Metal I could out my car so piss him off. It worked tremendously.

BloodoftheKings
07-25-2011, 01:51 PM
There's something sadistically satisfying in screaming, "FUCK EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE" at old ladies.

:lol:

daimonos
07-25-2011, 01:52 PM
I would so similar. Right after I Graduated, my school marching band always had practice right in front of the school and the band tear was a giant Peter Griffin looking asshole. So anytime I'd drive by when they were getting lectured. I would blast all the Death Metal I could out my car so piss him off. It worked tremendously.

:lol: I do that when I drive past every kind of practice, but I remember there were a couple band practices that my friends and I drove by and we just laid on the horn the whole 20 sec it took us to pass. Good times.

mastodon421
07-25-2011, 02:29 PM

I loved doing shit like that (I still do actually). I live in a pretty wealthy community and there are a lot of snobby people. Nothing better then blaring some Fleshgod Apocalypse, Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Cattle Decaptation, or various other death/extreme metal bands to piss them off. It's always funny.

Nick_to_the_face
07-25-2011, 03:40 PM
If I do that around here, I just get weird looks and/or threatened

jd091
07-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Doing some Facebook stalking. No big deal. :eyes:

I mean, don't you think most everybody is a stalker? Few people actually admit it, I think.

daimonos
07-25-2011, 06:13 PM
being under 21 and having to rely on people to get you alcohol fucking sucks.

3 more years... :bouville:

Nick_to_the_face
07-25-2011, 06:19 PM
I hate pre-college shit :mad:

mastodon421
07-25-2011, 06:42 PM

It does suck. Especially when the people that get it for you are throughly unreliable.

MPF
07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
That's why I didn't start drinking till I was 2 weeks before turning 21.

christopher
07-25-2011, 07:07 PM

I found a place about 20 minutes from me that sold me alcohol when I was 19, so I went there all the time till about a month before I turned 21. I spent soo much god damn money on 4 Lokos there:drinking:

jd091
07-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I found a place about 20 minutes from me that sold me alcohol when I was 19, so I went there all the time till about a month before I turned 21. I spent soo much god damn money on 4 Lokos there:drinking:

4 Loko... May you forever rest in peace. :boohoo:

And it sucks not being 21, I know. You just gotta have connections.

christopher
07-25-2011, 08:06 PM
4 Loko... May you forever rest in peace. :boohoo:

And it sucks not being 21, I know. You just gotta have connections.

4 Loko and I had such a great relationship going on. We were one united, where ever I went, people always knew I would have a fruit punch Loko with me. Then they had to take the caffeine out of it and make it more sugary. RIP 4 Loko :(

masterguy49
07-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Fuck I wish I tried a Four Loko before

AnataFan4Life
07-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Fuck I wish I tried a Four Loko before

They're an easy way to get shitfaced pretty much. Sucks what they did to them. I wonder if Joose will go in the same direction :snivel:

rjturtle9
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
R.I.P. number one cause of date rape in the U.S.

ChildrenofSodom
07-26-2011, 04:57 AM
I made some salsa last night. Homegrown hot yellow peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and avocado. I let it sit in the fridge over night and GODDAMN it got spicy. Almost burned the back of my throat.

ravenheart
07-26-2011, 05:26 AM
What the fuck is Four Loko?

jd091
07-26-2011, 05:52 AM
What the fuck is Four Loko?

Only the best alcoholic drink out there. It was perfect for parties: it got you drunk relatively quickly without having to consume too much (1 made you very tipsy, 2 got you shitfaced), yet tasted great. Much better than hard liquor, in my opinion. It got drastically changed an plain outlawed in most places because the amounts of caffiene in it were "dangerous". Psssssh.

RIP FOUR LOKO- YOU'LL ALWAYS REMAIN IN OUR LIVERS

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/dailyrecordnews.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/8/8c/f2e/88cf2ece-e061-11df-9ab1-001cc4c03286-revisions/4cc5c56031592.image.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
07-26-2011, 06:48 AM
"Dangerous"? It fucks your heart up. That's just the caffeine and alcohol. God only knows what all the sweeteners, coloring agents, and other gobble-dy-gook is doing to your insides. No living creature should consume that shit.

ravenheart
07-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Looks like something aimed squarely at dumb kids :p

DethMaiden
07-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Yeah, for the record, never had a Four Loko and never hope to. When I say I like drinking, I don't mean "I LIKE GETTING FUCKED UP LOL," I mean I like relaxing with a few beers, and trying new beers whenever I can. Not drinking this shit.

EDIT: ^ What Andy said.

Natrlhi
07-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Looks like something aimed squarely at dumb kids :pDing ding ding, we have ourselves a winner.

powerslave_85
07-26-2011, 07:29 AM
I had it once to see what it was like. It's a very weird drunk, being wired like that (usually drinking makes me really sleepy).

daimonos
07-26-2011, 11:13 AM
So, Varg hasn't said anything on facebook since his Thursday status saying "War." And although this Anders nutjob is a Christian, his views against immigrants and multiculturalism don't run contrary to the nationalist neopaganism that Varg subscribes to. Any word on the connection? I don't want metal to be the scapegoat for this terrible event, but if Norway is anything like the US, these nationalist bands are probably very closely tied to the militia movement.

I'm really starting to dig Fallen and Belus, so I hope I don't have to go back to not listening to Burzum on principle...

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/war_in_europe01.shtml

This is his journal entry about the man behind the attacks. I don't think he says anything extremely offensive, but it's clear he doesn't support the events. Interesting read.

brutal_descent
07-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Birthday is tomorrow :fist:

DethMaiden
07-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Birthday is tomorrow :fist:

Finally turning 12?

jd091
07-26-2011, 11:39 AM

brutal_descent
07-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Finally turning 12?

No, 16. :bliss:

Sepultura69
07-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Finally turning 12?
I laughed pretty hard when i read this post. I was thinking more along the lines of 13 or 14 ;)

larvtard
07-26-2011, 11:43 AM
No, 16. :bliss:

Are you in bliss?

brutal_descent
07-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Are you in bliss?

Possibly.

SomewhereInTime72
07-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Shortly before Four Loko was banned in NY, we happened to be having a party where we needed to run to the store to restock. Knowing full well that it was disgusting, upon seeing it in store we bought a ton of it anyway, as a farewell to one of the most horrific things of our generation.

:( Wine + four loko = Worst hangover ever.

powerslave_85
07-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah, the hangover was fucking brutal.

DethMaiden
07-26-2011, 12:23 PM
I've only ever really been hungover when I have the brilliant idea to drink strong craft beers and take vodka shots in the same night. Which has happened quite a bit. :eyes:

christopher
07-26-2011, 12:31 PM
I never really got a hangover from Four Loko. One got me a good buzz, I was able to hang out with friends for a few hours, then go home just fine. Two would get me pretty drunk. Joose lost its caffeine as well :( Last time I had a Joose was at Dio's funeral just cause it was the Dragon Joose haha. There are a few new drinks I have replaced Four Loko with. For awhile, I was mixing Sailor Jerry with Red Bull and that was giving me a similar drunk. Just mix caffeine with alcohol and you're fine. There's a new drink I've been hitting up lately called Colt 45 Blast. Its pretty much the Colt 45 version of the new Four Loko without tasting terrible.

mankvill
07-26-2011, 12:33 PM
My roommate went and bought a huge case of Four Loko right before it got recalled and now he sells cans at parties. :cool:

christopher
07-26-2011, 12:38 PM
I just remembered I still have two of the original Jooses in my closet. I wonder if they are still good? haha

jd091
07-26-2011, 12:48 PM
My roommate went and bought a huge case of Four Loko right before it got recalled and now he sells cans at parties. :cool:

This has to be one of the best ideas I've heard. I know people who would pay a pretty penny for an original... probably me included. :eyes:

idrinkwine732
07-26-2011, 01:07 PM

There are a ton of people who do this here, it's sort of annoying. Good thing I don't drink it.

christopher
07-26-2011, 01:56 PM
I just discovered a band called From the Cradle to the Rave. They basically took crack rock steady and mixed it with D&B with a little bit of rap mixed in. So weird but awesome haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCTUgUI_jZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEyHKUITA7M

Natrlhi
07-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Waiting in line for GA admission to U2. This is always my least favorite part. :(

EDIT: inb4 "that's what you get for liking that shitty non-metal band hurr durr"

RAZOR
07-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Waiting in line for GA admission to U2. This is always my least favorite part. :(

Ouch, have fun. They've been talking about that on the news all day long, there's people from England that came here to see them. England!!

xStructualDefect
07-26-2011, 02:39 PM
So I haven't posted or been on here since last December. I used to post here frequently for a few years so some of you might recognize me. I left because I felt some people didn't get along with me because my perspective on things and my musical tastes. Also cuz i was enlisting in the Marine Corps back then so I wanted to move on with my life and have nothing to do with Internet drama.

So warp to present day. Back in December I realized I couldn't enlist because of a temporary bad knee pain I had back then. Last month I realized it wasn't in pain anymore so I got all my physical and medical all completed and I've been going to Marine training with the other recruits for the past month and I'm supposed to swear in and take my oath to the military soon. So after that I'm still gonna be around for another at least 6 months waiting for a ship date so I thought I'd come back and stick around for awhile.

My love for metal hasn't changed. I've been going to concerts all year after leaving the board. I even made a brief appearance and reviewed Scion Rock Fest and Finntroll/Ensiferum shows.

So yeah I'm gonna be back and sticking around for now until I ship out to boot camp.

daimonos
07-26-2011, 02:41 PM

EDIT: inb4 "that's what you get for liking that shitty non-metal band hurr durr"

This concert has been fuckin up Pittsburgh all weekend. They've been setting up for it since Thursday, I think. Blocking off roads, ect, making things harder for me to navigate my way through the city for the Clutch and Slayer shows. Thanks, Bono.

Also, This kinda makes me wonder how much it costs for them to tour. To shut down two roads just to load equipment into a football stadium for one concert, as well as setting up for days on end.

larvtard
07-26-2011, 02:43 PM
So I haven't posted or been on here since last December. I used to post here frequently for a few years so some of you might recognize me. I left because I felt some people didn't get along with me because my perspective on things and my musical tastes. Also cuz i was enlisting in the Marine Corps back then so I wanted to move on with my life and have nothing to do with Internet drama.

So warp to present day. Back in December I realized I couldn't enlist because of a temporary bad knee pain I had back then. Last month I realized it wasn't in pain anymore so I got all my physical and medical all completed and I've been going to Marine training with the other recruits for the past month and I'm supposed to swear in and take my oath to the military soon. So after that I'm still gonna be around for another at least 6 months waiting for a ship date so I thought I'd come back and stick around for awhile.

My love for metal hasn't changed. I've been going to concerts all year after leaving the board. I even made a brief appearance and reviewed Scion Rock Fest and Finntroll/Ensiferum shows.

So yeah I'm gonna be back and sticking around for now until I ship out to boot camp.

welcome back man!

powerslave_85
07-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Ouch, have fun. They've been talking about that on the news all day long, there's people from England that came here to see them. England!!
Why on earth would you fly from England to the US to see a band that's 1.) Irish and 2.) constantly on tour?

RAZOR
07-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Why on earth would you fly from England to the US to see a band that's 1.) Irish and 2.) constantly on tour?

My thoughts exactly.

JRA
07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
I never really got a hangover from Four Loko. One got me a good buzz, I was able to hang out with friends for a few hours, then go home just fine. Two would get me pretty drunk. Joose lost its caffeine as well :( Last time I had a Joose was at Dio's funeral just cause it was the Dragon Joose haha. There are a few new drinks I have replaced Four Loko with. For awhile, I was mixing Sailor Jerry with Red Bull and that was giving me a similar drunk. Just mix caffeine with alcohol and you're fine. There's a new drink I've been hitting up lately called Colt 45 Blast. Its pretty much the Colt 45 version of the new Four Loko without tasting terrible.

Whoa whoa whoa. You were at Dio's funeral?

christopher
07-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. You were at Dio's funeral?

Yeah, there were a few of us that went. It was the public memorial service, so I guess its not truly his funeral, but close enough

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13605&highlight=dios+memorial

Dextrimental
07-26-2011, 02:59 PM
This concert has been fuckin up Pittsburgh all weekend. They've been setting up for it since Thursday, I think. Blocking off roads, ect, making things harder for me to navigate my way through the city for the Clutch and Slayer shows. Thanks, Bono.

Also, This kinda makes me wonder how much it costs for them to tour. To shut down two roads just to load equipment into a football stadium for one concert, as well as setting up for days on end.

These guys spend ALOT on their tours. for the 360 tour, they had two of the same set up being used due to the amount of time it took to set it up in each arena. I have yet to see them live, but I do know their shows are worth it, they pay for you to get an excellent show!

DethMaiden
07-26-2011, 03:02 PM
These guys spend ALOT on their tours. for the 360 tour, they had two of the same set up being used due to the amount of time it took to set it up in each arena. I have yet to see them live, but I do know their shows are worth it, they pay for you to get an excellent show!

Shut up, ya mick.

:eyes:

daimonos
07-26-2011, 03:37 PM

Thats what I was thinking, that they would have to have multiple set ups in order to play different cities on different nights, given the amount of time it takes to set up. Thats crazy, if you ask me.

Dextrimental
07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Thats what I was thinking, that they would have to have multiple set ups in order to play different cities on different nights, given the amount of time it takes to set up. Thats crazy, if you ask me.

Well, the promoter are going to charge the same amount for tickets regardless. Would you rather the band just played with a backdrop, or gave you a huge experience for your money too?

mankvill
07-26-2011, 03:45 PM
I know it'd never happen, but I wish HUGE bands would decide to take a paycut and do some rougher-than-normal living for a few weeks and play venues that are way too small for them.

I would die if I could see Metallica in an inside venue that wasn't an arena.

MPF
07-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I know it'd never happen, but I wish HUGE bands would decide to take a paycut and do some rougher-than-normal living for a few weeks and play venues that are way too small for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_Grimey%27s

mankvill
07-26-2011, 03:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_Grimey%27s

I know that, but I meant like doing a whole tour. :tongue:

Kinda like what Slayer did when Undisputed Attitude came out

MPF
07-26-2011, 03:54 PM
I know that, but I meant like doing a whole tour. :tongue:

Kinda like what Slayer did when Undisputed Attitude came out

I'd like to see that too but there's also a few things to consider. The biggest being availability. It takes 10-15 minutes for Metallica to sell out Stadiums, imagine the downtown venues that host bands like Torche...it'd be like 10-15 seconds. Also, Metalocalypse made a good reference about bands going back to their roots and playing clubs.....no band wants to go back to the club scene after playing venues, unless they want to do one off intimate shows.

In the matter of Slayer, they will never play a club again in fear of lawsuits, insurance, and death. I'd never dare see Slayer at a club. There's a reason why they have it in their tour rider that ambulances must be readily available at every show they play.

Dextrimental
07-26-2011, 03:56 PM

It would be amazing, I would kill to see Slayer in such a setting. The problem nowadays is the insurance cost for venues for hosting such shows, even beyond the bands agreeing to do it.

mankvill
07-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I'd like to see that too but there's also a few things to consider. The biggest being availability. It takes 10-15 minutes for Metallica to sell out Stadiums, imagine the downtown venues that host bands like Torche...it'd be like 10-15 seconds. Also, Metalocalypse made a good reference about bands going back to their roots and playing clubs.....no band wants to go back to the club scene after playing venues, unless they want to do one off intimate shows.

In the matter of Slayer, they will never play a club again in fear of lawsuits, insurance, and death. I'd never dare see Slayer at a club. There's a reason why they have it in their tour rider that ambulances must be readily available at every show they play.

Yeah, I don't mean like a club, though. Unless someone like Metallica played under a different name for a secret show, ya know.

I'm talking about the same venues that Motorhead and the Mastoklok tour went to in Kansas City. Big, but not huge.

Dextrimental
07-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I don't mean like a club, though. Unless someone like Metallica played under a different name for a secret show, ya know.

I'm talking about the same venues that Motorhead and the Mastoklok tour went to in Kansas City. Big, but not huge.

They're the venues that Slayer play here anyway on their own.. Only problem is most venues really aren't up for the risk of a Slayer gig. We had one but it was shut down :(

mastodon421
07-26-2011, 04:09 PM

Good to have you back man!

mankvill
07-26-2011, 04:15 PM
They're the venues that Slayer play here anyway on their own.. Only problem is most venues really aren't up for the risk of a Slayer gig. We had one but it was shut down :(

First time I saw Slayer in Kansas City, it was at a place called Municipal Auditorium. It was pretty big, they used to play basketball there. And back in the day, bands like Dio-Sabbath and World Slavery Tour-Maiden would play there. Every other time, they've been a part of a package, so they've played amphitheaters.

larvtard
07-26-2011, 04:22 PM
I'd never dare see Slayer at a club. There's a reason why they have it in their tour rider that ambulances must be readily available at every show they play.

Speechless.

Dextrimental
07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
First time I saw Slayer in Kansas City, it was at a place called Municipal Auditorium. It was pretty big, they used to play basketball there. And back in the day, bands like Dio-Sabbath and World Slavery Tour-Maiden would play there. Every other time, they've been a part of a package, so they've played amphitheaters.

They haven't brought even a package tour around the UK/Ireland since 2008, and then there wasn't an irish date because we had no arena. Its all been UK festival appearances since then. I hope they get their act together for a solo world tour next year, even just once more I'd be fucking happy!

MPF
07-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Speechless.

I'll put it in better terms...

I DON'T WANNA DIE!

larvtard
07-26-2011, 04:44 PM

I DON'T WANNA DIE!

Pussy :tongue:

Thinking back, I actually did see Slayer in a club in Italy. It was about 2,500 capacity I think. It wasn't any more dangerous than your typical Slayer show.

MPF
07-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Pussy :tongue:

Thinking back, I actually did see Slayer in a club in Italy. It was about 2,500 capacity I think. It wasn't any more dangerous than your typical Slayer show.

Which is dangerous enough as it is. I hate moshers in the first place, let alone being caught in the middle of a Slayer pit.

masterguy49
07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Which is dangerous enough as it is. I hate moshers in the first place, let alone being caught in the middle of a Slayer pit.

Better than being caught in the middle of a Hatebreed hardcore dance orgy :tongue:

larvtard
07-26-2011, 04:59 PM

They're easy to avoid.

JRA
07-26-2011, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA5oOPE-xg&feature=channel_video_title

and I've already called dibs, BTW. :money:

MPF
07-26-2011, 05:14 PM

You can have your dibs. I'm banging her first.

El Gordo
07-26-2011, 05:26 PM
You can have your dibs. I'm banging her first.

I bet she'd bang the guy who's NOT afraid of Slayer fans first. :lol:

MPF
07-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Oh sna....oh wait never mind doesn't work.

I'm not afraid of Slayer fans, I am a Slayer fan and almost all my best friends are slayer fans. I just hate asshole moshers.

But yeah I'm banging her first.

JRA
07-26-2011, 05:34 PM
dibs = penetration

brutal_descent
07-26-2011, 05:37 PM
A friend of mine was at the same Slayer show as I was at back in March, and after moshing through World Painted Blood and Hate Worldwide, he took a breather, and while he was standing there, listening to the band, some guy headbutted him by accident right in the face. It didn't hurt him, but he had a hole in his eyebrow where his piercing had been, and it started bleeding, and after three or four people including myself asked him if he was okay, he felt the blood coming down, and left to the bathroom. He didn't return :lol:

I called him later, and he said that he was "never going again to a Slayer show, those fans are complete fucktards".

ravenheart
07-26-2011, 05:40 PM

Really? Because she would clearly NEVER SHUT THE FUCK UP. Like, ever. During any activity. Ever.

Dextrimental
07-26-2011, 05:43 PM
The Unholy Alliance in 2006 literally beat any shred of new show-goer out of me. My second proper metal concert, and by god, from the second Children of Bodom took to the stage, it did not stop. Slayer opened with Disciple, and the crowd just tore itself apart. It was one of the most fun but grueling concerts of my life :lol:

RAZOR
07-26-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm still feeling it from Slayer this past Saturday. :hecho:

larvtard
07-26-2011, 06:45 PM

Well played :party:

But as far as Slayer pits go, I agree. They're way too violent (this is probably due in part to the size of the moshers). With that being said, they are easy to avoid.

LAXdef16
07-26-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm relaxing after my 7 hour shift at Six Flags.

christopher
07-26-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm relaxing after my 7 hour shift at Six Flags.

You work at Six Flags Over Texas? How you like it there? I went there once in 2006

christopher
07-26-2011, 07:57 PM
A friend of mine was at the same Slayer show as I was at back in March, and after moshing through World Painted Blood and Hate Worldwide, he took a breather, and while he was standing there, listening to the band, some guy headbutted him by accident right in the face. It didn't hurt him, but he had a hole in his eyebrow where his piercing had been, and it started bleeding, and after three or four people including myself asked him if he was okay, he felt the blood coming down, and left to the bathroom. He didn't return :lol:

I called him later, and he said that he was "never going again to a Slayer show, those fans are complete fucktards".

Children shouldn't play near a Slayer pit...;)

makethemsuffer12
07-26-2011, 08:18 PM

They did smaller places on the Garage Inc. tour. Of course, they mostly played covers, so the fun is kinda taken out of it haha.

Also, Slayer pits aren't always crazy violent. When I saw them last year I had a blast, moshing throughout their whole set. But the pit was no more violent than any other legit metal show I've been to. That being said, I've heard from a couple of other people that the pits at the show I went to were weak, but I had the time of my live so I don't care.

jd091
07-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Look, nothing is as bad as getting jacked by huge hardcore dancers. I was bleeding profusely from Terror. Worth it, though. :D

LAXdef16
07-26-2011, 09:02 PM
You work at Six Flags Over Texas? How you like it there? I went there once in 2006

Yes. I'm in ride operations for the Gotham City flat rides, so I work by myself (operator and attendant) for two different rides. I would have much rather been at the new Texas Giant :drool:, but I'm still getting paid so I'm fine with where I am. It's a lot easier than I thought it would be though

rjturtle9
07-26-2011, 09:46 PM

I DON'T WANNA DIE!

I see what you did there ;)

christopher
07-27-2011, 03:23 AM
I'm listening to Opeth for the first time on a serious note. They seam awesome and I would love to get into them, just downloaded Blackwater, Deliverance, Damnation, Ghost Reveries, Orchids, and Watershed. Definitely a lot to get into, but I'll figure it out haha, any particular songs you all recommend??

Crionics
07-27-2011, 03:52 AM
Back from the UK, time to relax and start posting here again :lol:.

MPF
07-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Back from cuddling (yup you heard right), Have yet to sleep, gotta drive to Minnesota and back now, get some sleep this afternoon, and start recording my radio show for next Tuesday.

Pretty god damn good day so far.

jd091
07-27-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm listening to Opeth for the first time on a serious note. They seam awesome and I would love to get into them, just downloaded Blackwater, Deliverance, Damnation, Ghost Reveries, Orchids, and Watershed. Definitely a lot to get into, but I'll figure it out haha, any particular songs you all recommend??

FUCKING DELIVERANCE. That song is incredible.

Ghost Reveries is another great place to start: Ghost of Perdition, Baying of the Hounds, and Beneath the Mire are all great. Backwater Park is a lot more dense and progressive, but Bleak and the Title track are both fantastic. Heir Apparent and The Lotus Eater are good from Watershed.

I'm trying to recommend their heavier stuff, since I feel like it's easier to get into. Damnation is all softer stuff, and same with tunes like Isolation Years and Atonement. Interesting that you would choose to download Orchid, also. That seems o be the hardest album out there for new people since it's such a different style. If you like that old style, I'd highly recommend Morningrise instead. The Night and the Silent Water is one of my favorite songs. Also check out My Arms, Your Hearse. I think you'd really like Demon of the Fall.

ShatteredFlame
07-27-2011, 07:57 AM
The best Opeth songs are "The Moor" from Still Life and "The Night and the Silent Water" from Morningrise. Morningrise and My Arms, Your Hearse are the best albums.

christopher
07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
FUCKING DELIVERANCE. That song is incredible.

Ghost Reveries is another great place to start: Ghost of Perdition, Baying of the Hounds, and Beneath the Mire are all great. Backwater Park is a lot more dense and progressive, but Bleak and the Title track are both fantastic. Heir Apparent and The Lotus Eater are good from Watershed.

I'm trying to recommend their heavier stuff, since I feel like it's easier to get into. Damnation is all softer stuff, and same with tunes like Isolation Years and Atonement. Interesting that you would choose to download Orchid, also. That seems o be the hardest album out there for new people since it's such a different style. If you like that old style, I'd highly recommend Morningrise instead. The Night and the Silent Water is one of my favorite songs. Also check out My Arms, Your Hearse. I think you'd really like Demon of the Fall.

Thanks!! Oh there was no particular reason I downloaded those albums. I was on soulseek late last night and decided to look up Opeth. I was mainly looking to download Deliverance only, but the guy I was downloading from had a download speed of 2500k/sec, so I couldn't resist getting all he had by them haha

larvtard
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Just got a filling on my cavity from the dentist for the first time in, like, ten years :dorky:

jd091
07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Shit shit shit shit shit. I'm sitting at work and I still feel kind of sick, like I might be getting a fever. I'm pretty tired and get dizzy when I go to walk somewhere. But I have Obscura and Skeletonwitch tonight! I need to go to this show, but I don't want to die! Shit!

larvtard
07-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Shit shit shit shit shit. I'm sitting at work and I still feel kind of sick, like I might be getting a fever. I'm pretty tired and get dizzy when I go to walk somewhere. But I have Obscura and Skeletonwitch tonight! I need to go to this show, but I don't want to die! Shit!

If you do go, just don't mosh or anything.

mastodon421
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
If you do go, just don't mosh or anything.

This. I was pretty sick when I saw Hatebreed,Cannibal Corpse, and Unearth a couple of years ago, but I just took it easy and I was fine.

Sepultura69
07-27-2011, 12:47 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15755

It's no club, that's for sure. But it's the closest to "Small and intimate" that you're ever going to get. I highly doubt metallica will ever do something like this again, AND I am very blessed and happy to have been a part of that show.

And yes Manks I know, I know...this is probably my four thousand, 324709230482308423 and 30th time that I have brought this show up , and quite frankly, I dont give rats lower Bung-hole.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

KEEP it real folks, I'm off to work, peace out:cool:

:D

jd091
07-27-2011, 12:53 PM
That's a lot of smiley faces, Sep. I'm starting to doubt your sexuality...

christopher
07-27-2011, 01:05 PM

Nick_to_the_face
07-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Sponge Bob is really gay

jd091
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Sponge Bob is really gay

Fuck off.

AnataFan4Life
07-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Watching my friend play Catherine. Fucking weird game.

brutal_descent
07-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Watching my friend play Catherine. Fucking weird game.

Just got in in the mail, can't wait to start!

GarageMetal468
07-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Finally back home. Gonna be hanging out with friends soon, holy shit I missed them all so much. Anyway, I just found out yesterday about Exhumed and Goatwhore coming to Chicago on October 30th, and have decided that I will not be surviving that month. I'm gonna be seeing Enslaved, Immolation, Devin Townsend, Warbringer, Opeth and Exhumed/Goatwhore all in the same month... god help me

christopher
07-27-2011, 07:23 PM
I just had a trial run with a new dog I may get. It's a 3 month old German Shepard/Cattle Dog mix. My friends mom's friend found it a shelter near my school and needed to find a home for it. I named the dog Sage after Sage Francis:D It's an adorable dog and my family really likes him. The only problem I have is my current dog. I have a 12-13 year old female pit bull mixed with other things. She's a great dog, but just becomes a real bitch when she feels dominated. I introduced them earlier and they seemed pretty calm but weren't friendly yet. I am going to have Sage come over every day for the next week to see if my dog can get used to her so that they can get along and be compatible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

jd091
07-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Currently watching Obscura. Christian Muezner is right up there with Satriani, Beck, and Anastasio as the best guitarists I've ever seen...

AnataFan4Life
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Currently watching Obscura. Christian Muezner is right up there with Satriani, Beck, and Anastasio as the best guitarists I've ever seen...

How did their music translate live?

treghet
07-27-2011, 09:01 PM

I thought they were way better live.

GarageMetal468
07-27-2011, 09:40 PM
When I saw them their sound was kind of muffled, but their performance was incredible. Must've been the venue. I also met Christian Muenzer, he's kind of shy but a really cool guy.

masterguy49
07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I normally don't give a shit but I'm really sick of people giving me shit about my hair. I don't give a fuck if they think "I look like a girl" with my hair so long, but shit can get annoying. It's really pissing me off.

daimonos
07-27-2011, 10:10 PM
I normally don't give a shit but I'm really sick of people giving me shit about my hair. I don't give a fuck if they think "I look like a girl" with my hair so long, but shit can get annoying. It's really pissing me off.

you're like 15, right?

when I was around that age, i had my hair long and people used to give me shit. I used to get kinda down about it, I guess, but it wasn't anything serious. I did eventually cut it, and I was indeed a better looking person (:lol:), for my age at least. Now I have my hair long and I like it alot, but I look at pictures from when I had long hair at that age and I will admit it looked ridiculous, but I know that deep down inside I wanted it.

When you're older people won't be dicks about it, at least not from my experiences. But don't let people's shit influence your life, and that's my point.

masterguy49
07-27-2011, 10:37 PM
you're like 15, right?

when I was around that age, i had my hair long and people used to give me shit. I used to get kinda down about it, I guess, but it wasn't anything serious. I did eventually cut it, and I was indeed a better looking person (:lol:), for my age at least. Now I have my hair long and I like it alot, but I look at pictures from when I had long hair at that age and I will admit it looked ridiculous, but I know that deep down inside I wanted it.

When you're older people won't be dicks about it, at least not from my experiences. But don't let people's shit influence your life, and that's my point.

The weird thing is lots of people tell me I look better with long hair(the same people who to tell me to cut it! wtf!?) And yeah i tend to not let people's shit get to me but when you hear it all the time, it gets to me at times, especially when I'm already in a bad mood. When I'm upset/pissed last thing I want to hear is cut your hair you look like a girl/fag.

mankvill
07-27-2011, 10:40 PM
The weird thing is lots of people tell me I look better with long hair(the same people who to tell me to cut it! wtf!?) And yeah i tend to not let people's shit get to me but when you hear it all the time, it gets to me at times, especially when I'm already in a bad mood. When I'm upset/pissed last thing I want to hear is cut your hair you look like a girl/fag.

People still call guys with long hair fags? Is it the 60s? Are we in the movie Remember The Titans?

masterguy49
07-27-2011, 10:48 PM
People still call guys with long hair fags? Is it the 60s? Are we in the movie Remember The Titans?

Tell it to them, dude. There are some really stupid and ignorant people here :tongue:

illuminatus917
07-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Long hair kicks ass. It brings out the insanity in me.

RAZOR
07-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Hooray long hair! :party:

illuminatus917
07-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Hooray long hair! :party:

It's cool that you like it. A lot of chicks are disgusted by it.

Sepultura69
07-28-2011, 02:50 AM

Nope. I'm as straight as a straight edge. :rocker:

No dudes for me, thank you very much :rocker:

Akumu
07-28-2011, 04:35 AM

That is... bizarre. :confused:

jd091
07-28-2011, 06:23 AM

Absolutely incredible. The crowd was pretty much dead, but I didn't care since I was just sitting back by the bar watching them in complete awe. I'll get a setlist/epic review up later today when I'm back from work and iron out a couple songs that Skeletonwitch played.

They played 3 new ones, by the way, and a full hour set! :D

Crionics
07-28-2011, 09:22 AM

There is this one guy at my school that keeps on pestering me (been going on for atleast a year and a half now..If I was going to listen wouldn't I have done it by now?) to cut my hair. It's pretty strange because I don't really like the guy and neither do any of my friends yet he keeps on hanging around us and acts like his opinion must mean the world to me..It would annoy me at first, but I don't let it get to me, especially since I really don't care what he thinks and that I like it myself.

jd091
07-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I also found out by accident on Facebook that my good friend from back home lived down the hall from ChildrenOfSodom at OSU and I didn't even know about it! Crazy odds, there.

larvtard
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
So one of my managers at work has started calling me "Rain Man." I've never seen the movie, but I read the description, and he's autistic :mad: Just because I don't have much common sense doesn't mean I'm autistic...

jd091
07-28-2011, 10:26 AM
So one of my managers at work has started calling me "Rain Man." I've never seen the movie, but I read the description, and he's autistic :mad: Just because I don't have much common sense doesn't mean I'm autistic...

You shouldn't post something like this on this site, Rain Man.

ChildrenofSodom
07-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I also found out by accident on Facebook that my good friend from back home lived down the hall from ChildrenOfSodom at OSU and I didn't even know about it! Crazy odds, there.

:shred:

GarageMetal468
07-28-2011, 11:37 AM

This guy in my anthropology class last semester knew me from last.fm, now THAT was a :eek: moment. I live in too small of a world.

masterguy49
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Slightly wrong, I mean every scene kid I know gets plenty of girls and they all have straight long hair. Though not that long, just enough to cover their eyes :lol:

christopher
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
There is this one guy at my school that keeps on pestering me (been going on for atleast a year and a half now..If I was going to listen wouldn't I have done it by now?) to cut my hair. It's pretty strange because I don't really like the guy and neither do any of my friends yet he keeps on hanging around us and acts like his opinion must mean the world to me..It would annoy me at first, but I don't let it get to me, especially since I really don't care what he thinks and that I like it myself.

Watch, you two are going to be friends for life;)

masterguy49
07-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Watch, you two are going to be lovers ;)

Probably :tongue:

Nick_to_the_face
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Fuck off.

You honestly like that show? There is something wrong with you.

you're like 15, right?

This, with me at least. When I started growing my hair it went through that weird awkward stage, plus i looked young so people would actually mistake me for a chick. Plus with living in the ghetto, I've been asked to be someones bitch a couple of times..

Nick_to_the_face
07-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Slightly wrong, I mean every scene kid I know gets plenty of girls and they all have straight long hair. Though not that long, just enough to cover their eyes :lol:

There's a difference though. They have their prettied-up straightened hair that goes to their chin, I have my hair down to my third nipple and it's not prettied up..hell I don't even touch it most of the day

masterguy49
07-28-2011, 12:36 PM
This, with me at least. When I started growing my hair it went through that weird awkward stage, plus i looked young so people would actually mistake me for a chick.

Oh well my hair is already done with its awkward stage :D and I look the exact opposite of young, hell people were still calling me a girl when I had a beard going on :tp:

Plus with living in the ghetto, I've been asked to be someones bitch a couple of times..

:lol: That sucks but it's still kinda funny.

There's a difference though. They have their prettied-up straightened hair that goes to their chin, I have my hair down to my third nipple and it's not prettied up..hell I don't even touch it most of the day
I have my hair just passed my shoulders at this point and I don't touch it most of the time but I've been putting my hair in a pony tail and brushing it a lot recently.

christopher
07-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Probably :tongue:

jd091
07-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Short hair is only for the trooest of the troo hXc moshbros! Keep the Faith! :dorky:

OraclesofAgony
07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
I tried growing my hair out once. It just turned into a big fro.

BloodoftheKings
07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
When I let my hair get long it gets all swooshy and stupid.

GarageMetal468
07-28-2011, 01:47 PM
So Suffocation is doing a show up in Milwaukee on August 14th with like 10 other local bands. It said it was from 6 to 9 so I was wondering how long Suffocation would be playing, so I asked them on their facebook and got this:

"13 minutes, & 12 seconds, unless they force us to do an hour or so"

:bouville:

EDIT: They may or may not have been just joking around, I'd rather wait for it to be clarified.

illuminatus917
07-28-2011, 01:48 PM

When I say "long hair," I don't mean emo cuts that go into the eyes. That's what, like 5 or 6" long?

I'm talking three straight years of growth.

larvtard
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
When I say "long hair," I don't mean emo cuts that go into the eyes. That's what, like 5 or 6" long?

did it really take you 3 years to grow your hair that long? wow...

I'm way too vain about my looks, so I probably wouldn't grow it out haha

masterguy49
07-28-2011, 02:50 PM

Im on my 1st year of growing out my hair and its passed my shoulders. I will cut eventually just to see if I like my hair short or long, but so far I'm liking the long hair more. Most girls like it too, even the ones that tell me to cut it admit I look better with long hair, so it's just confusing :tongue:

christopher
07-28-2011, 02:51 PM
So Suffocation is doing a show up in Milwaukee on August 14th with like 10 other local bands. It said it was from 6 to 9 so I was wondering how long Suffocation would be playing, so I asked them on their facebook and got this:

EDIT: They may or may not have been just joking around, I'd rather wait for it to be clarified.

:lol: They were so fucking around with you hahahaha. They're definitely going to get a full set. A lot of times are wrong online cause people are too lazy to actually figure out the correct timing. I'm sure it'll start around 4 and go on till after midnight. Have fun!

larvtard
07-28-2011, 02:57 PM

NOW I KNOW YOUR NAME AND FACEBOOK PROFILE

And yeah, obviously they were kidding :tongue:

GarageMetal468
07-28-2011, 03:00 PM
onoz I've been caught!

Yeah it's safe to say they'd get a full headlining set. Sweet, looks like my friend and I (and maybe others, who knows) will be going up to Milwaukee!

christopher
07-28-2011, 03:29 PM
About to head out to Universal Studios to see A Perfect Circle:party: Its going to be a fun night! I don't think I'm going to put an effort to make a thread about reviewing the show cause it'll be the same set as before. I'll probably just ramble on about my night in this thread haha

RAZOR
07-28-2011, 06:49 PM

:D I actually prefer it to short hair.

BloodoftheKings
07-28-2011, 07:14 PM
I got a Spotify account. Now I can get into all those bands I like a couple songs by but never bothered to listen to a full album.

GarageMetal468
07-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Just got back from a bike ride in the rain with some people. Fun stuff regardless

illuminatus917
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
did it really take you 3 years to grow your hair that long? wow...

Yeah, I started in 2008 during my senior year in high school. But it was already decently long (5 or 6") when I decided to stop cutting it. By the end of my senior year it was approaching shoulder length. Since, I've only had split ends cut.

:D I actually prefer it to short hair.

You're awesome, RAZOR.

MPF
07-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Just got back from recording my radio show. I must say that it turned out pretty damn good.

I think people are going to dig it a lot.

Dextrimental
07-29-2011, 02:05 AM
7 years growing my hair this year, its been near my waist-line the last two years, just with trims to keep it healthy I haven't gotten it to that length yet!

jd091
07-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Question: Why is it that everyone on this site gets such boners for Odd Future? I haven't listened to them before, and I'm not exactly a huge hip-hop fan, but is there something that sets them out from the others in the genre?

And this site is the only place I've heard of them, too. Haven't heard any of my friends or anyone in college talk about them...

mastodon421
07-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Question: Why is it that everyone on this site gets such boners for Odd Future? I haven't listened to them before, and I'm not exactly a huge hip-hop fan, but is there something that sets them out from the others in the genre?

And this site is the only place I've heard of them, too. Haven't heard any of my friends or anyone in college talk about them...

Seriously? They absolutely exploded over the past few months. Personally, I am a hip-hop fan and what I enjoy about Tyler, The Creator and the rest of Odd Future is their unique approach. They are all just great rappers with good lyrics (most of the time) and good flows. I actually probably enjoy them a lot less than most of the people on here, but they are still a great group of rappers.

powerslave_85
07-29-2011, 09:41 AM

They're the Next Big Thing for "edgy" white kids.

mankvill
07-29-2011, 10:00 AM
They're the Next Big Thing for "edgy" white kids.

Would much rather listen to them than what other white kids are listening to, like beach house, neon Indian, lofi surf indie pop bullshit

mastodon421
07-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Would much rather listen to them than what other white kids are listening to, like beach house, neon Indian, lofi surf indie pop bullshit

Exactly. I would much rather listen to Odd Future then fucking Bon Iver.

GarageMetal468
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM

DUBSTEP

jd091
07-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I think I'll just stick with my shitty metal, thank you. ;)

masterguy49
07-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Fuck dubstep. I live in south florida which apparently is the best place for raves and I fucking hate them. Annoys the shit out of me.

I think I'll just stick with my shitty metal, thank you. ;)
Talking about shitty metal, I'm going to warped tour tomorrow.
I'll have sets up just for you on Sunday :lovedup:

GarageMetal468
07-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Speaking of which, I think I'm gonna get this shirt sometime soon:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/231027_10150167994244013_133411304012_6927213_1380 032_n.jpg

mastodon421
07-29-2011, 11:47 AM

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/231027_10150167994244013_133411304012_6927213_1380 032_n.jpg

:lol: That shirt is awesome.

masterguy49
07-29-2011, 11:48 AM

Shit I'm going to get that and go around the raves promoting metal shows :lol:

xStructualDefect
07-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Raves can be a lot of fun. I only went to 2 but had a blast. The music can get very repetitive but I guess it sounds cool when you're on ecstasy and in the moment having a fun time. I can't listen to any of that music especially dubstep when I'm sober though. It can get annoying fast.

I'm pretty sure I won't ever attend a rave again. Lots of douchebags there and not the type of crowd I'd like to be apart of. although I will admit I had fun and it was an experience.

jd091
07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Raves can be a lot of fun. I only went to 2 but had a blast. The music can get very repetitive but I guess it sounds cool when you're on ecstasy and in the moment having a fun time. I can't listen to any of that music especially dubstep when I'm sober though. It can get annoying fast.

I'm pretty sure I won't ever attend a rave again. Lots of douchebags there and not the type of crowd I'd like to be apart of. although I will admit I had fun and it was an experience.

Doesn't matter who you are, you're just stupid if you do ecstasy. And when it comes to electronic music, there's a huge difference between dubstep and trance. I happen to enjoy a bit of trance now and then.

jd091
07-29-2011, 12:39 PM

So which one should I shove them up, my ass or my pussy?

larvtard
07-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Doesn't matter who you are, you're just stupid if you do ecstasy. And when it comes to electronic music, there's a huge difference between dubstep and trance. I happen to enjoy a bit of trance now and then.

I'd like to try Ecstasy. But whenever I think about, I picture someone putting my brain in an ice cream bowl and taking a scoop. I know that's just a metaphor people use but I can't get that image out of my head

jd091
07-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Talking about shitty metal, I'm going to warped tour tomorrow.
I'll have sets up just for you on Sunday :lovedup:

Hey, the only really shitty bands on Warped toureggae I've tried listening to are Black Veil Brides, Attack Attack, Abandon All Ships and Asking Alexandria.

A Day To Remember = great
The Devil Wears Prada = great
Acacia Strain = super great
Enter Shikari = great
Miss May I = great
Winds of Plague = ...well, they used to be great

xStructualDefect
07-29-2011, 01:12 PM

I guess it's all matter of opinion. I'm not an e-tard who takes E every chance he gets. I've done it twice and don't plan on doing it again. I did it more just because of the experience, same reason why I went to a rave. It was a fun experience, but I won't do E or go to a rave again.

Yeah some electronic music can be cool. I have to be in the mood to listen it though. I can't just randomly put it on haha.

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2011, 01:29 PM

:lol: your a funny guy jd.

masterguy49
07-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey, the only really shitty bands on Warped toureggae I've tried listening to are Black Veil Brides, Attack Attack, Abandon All Ships and Asking Alexandria.

Acacia Strain = super great
Enter Shikari = great
Miss May I = great
Winds of Plague = ...well, they used to be great
THey still are! They only play 2 new songs and its still mostly off their new album!

And that's pretty much exactly who I'm seeing with the addition of August Burns Red :tongue:

See that's my problem, I have nothing against drugs, but If I need to be on drugs to not get bored out of my mind or annoyed as fuck, then I'd rather not be there. At least in concerts I can enjoy them sober and not sober. Raves are just annoying, filled with douchebags, and boring. Unless your on drugs. Also they are expensive, raves are like 30$+ now, I don't even pay that much for most of the shows I go to :hmm:

xStructualDefect
07-29-2011, 02:13 PM
See that's my problem, I have nothing against drugs, but If I need to be on drugs to not get bored out of my mind or annoyed as fuck, then I'd rather not be there. At least in concerts I can enjoy them sober and not sober. Raves are just annoying, filled with douchebags, and boring. Unless your on drugs. Also they are expensive, raves are like 30$+ now, I don't even pay that much for most of the shows I go to :hmm:

Have you ever actually been to a rave though? It seems like a lot of people talk so negatively on raves when they have never been to one. Sure there's a lot of douchebags there, but there's also a lot friendly people just having a fun time giving off good vibes (at least from my experience). The first rave I was having a lot of fun before I was on ecstasy, the drug just VERY enhances the experience in a very good way. I didn't even take a lot, just enough to feel good, equivalent to a good buzz in alcohol I could say. After that I could understand why people take ecstasy at raves. If they take them a lot all the time then they are idiots. The second rave I went to I didn't take E again but still had a lot of fun. The music is also very easy to get into when you're in the moment. Like I said before I can't listen to that music on my own time though.

I'm not really defending raves or ecstasy at all. I did it twice to experience, once on E, had a blast both times, won't do it again though. And yeah raves are pretty expensive, but I can say it was very much worth it.3

jd091
07-29-2011, 04:58 PM
:lol: your a funny guy jd.

Dude, if you got a problem with pop-punk, I can't help you. I've been so addicted to ADTR lately. On the other hand, I can see why someone wouldn't like The Devil Wears Prada and I understand, but I think they're great personally. I like their singer, too. He does some unique screams.

masterguy49
07-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Have you ever actually been to a rave though? It seems like a lot of people talk so negatively on raves when they have never been to one. Sure there's a lot of douchebags there, but there's also a lot friendly people just having a fun time giving off good vibes (at least from my experience). The first rave I was having a lot of fun before I was on ecstasy, the drug just VERY enhances the experience in a very good way. I didn't even take a lot, just enough to feel good, equivalent to a good buzz in alcohol I could say. After that I could understand why people take ecstasy at raves. If they take them a lot all the time then they are idiots. The second rave I went to I didn't take E again but still had a lot of fun. The music is also very easy to get into when you're in the moment. Like I said before I can't listen to that music on my own time though.

I'm not really defending raves or ecstasy at all. I did it twice to experience, once on E, had a blast both times, won't do it again though. And yeah raves are pretty expensive, but I can say it was very much worth it.3
Of course I've been to a rave, I live in rave central, Miami. I just found it very boring...

Dude, if you got a problem with pop-punk, I can't help you. I've been so addicted to ADTR lately. On the other hand, I can see why someone wouldn't like The Devil Wears Prada and I understand, but I think they're great personally. I like their singer, too. He does some unique screams.

Yeah ADTR is super catchy, aren't they? They were very good live headlining too.

Also I didn't like TDWP until I heard that Zombie Ep.... holy shit :drool:

Nick_to_the_face
07-29-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm really gay

I knew it ;)

masterguy49
07-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Me too, let's be lovers? :bliss:
Wow guys, get a room.

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Dude, if you got a problem with pop-punk, I can't help you. I've been so addicted to ADTR lately.

I actually enjoy some pop punk, but when it's fused with deathcore...:barf:

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm gonna listen to a shitload of Devin Townsend Stuff i've never heard on spotify this weekend.

masterguy49
07-29-2011, 07:26 PM
I actually enjoy some pop punk, but when it's fused with deathcore...:barf:

Its not fused with deathcore. It isn't even pop punk really. It's more pop punk mixed with hardcore, considering they are from my area they had a problem making pop punk without the local crowd hating them, so they put in some hardcore aspects so that people would like them and they can do what they like.

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Its not fused with deathcore. It isn't even pop punk really. It's more pop punk mixed with hardcore, considering they are from my area they had a problem making pop punk without the local crowd hating them, so they put in some hardcore aspects so that people would like them and they can do what they like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaNwItqNi50
This is deathcore if i've ever heard it before.

masterguy49
07-29-2011, 07:45 PM

The tuning isnt that low :tongue:

But yeah, not their strongest song...

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2011, 07:52 PM
I probably heard What Separates Me From You in it's entirety 30 times in my brother's car. That song I just posted is the only one that really stands out (not that it's good in any way) because every other song on the album sounds exactly the same.

larvtard
07-29-2011, 07:54 PM

That does sound like more of a deathcore breakdown than a metalcore one :eyes:

mankvill
07-29-2011, 08:09 PM
pfft, like you guys even know what pop punk is :tp: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYoWZgY2HAk)

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2011, 08:20 PM
pfft, like you guys even know what pop punk is :tp: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYoWZgY2HAk)

:nonono:
This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglbF-I28rQ

jd091
07-29-2011, 08:25 PM
That does sound like more of a deathcore breakdown than a metalcore one :eyes:

Exactly, man. It's definitely not deathcore. Yeah, not "true" pop-punk, but an interesting mix with metalcore that I really enjoy. Their older stuff was definitely rooted in the -core more, so I see how if you only really listened to "What Separates Me..", you would not get all the poppies that you would want. Their latest 2 albums are much better in that aspect.

And come on, I come from a metal background. If I'm gonna listen to pop punk, I naturally like it to be a bit heavier and edgier like ADTR.

larvtard
07-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Exactly, man. It's definitely not deathcore. Yeah, not "true" pop-punk, but an interesting mix with metalcore that I really enjoy. Their older stuff was definitely rooted in the -core more, so I see how if you only really listened to "What Separates Me..", you would not get all the poppies that you would want. Their latest 2 albums are much better in that aspect.

And come on, I come from a metal background. If I'm gonna listen to pop punk, I naturally like it to be a bit heavier and edgier like ADTR.

I get you man, but it's just a really bad mix.

slapguitarer
07-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Pop punk :barf:

mankvill
07-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Pop punk :barf:

honestly u r a fag

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2011, 08:52 PM
I like old Green Day, Descendents, NOFX, and Social Distortion. Though when pop punk comes up I usually think of shitty bands like Fall Out Boy and Blink 182.

mankvill
07-29-2011, 08:55 PM
I like old Green Day.

International Superhits = one of the best albums ever.

And fuck you, blink-182 kicks dicks >:

slapguitarer
07-29-2011, 08:57 PM
honestly u r a fag

But you're the one who listens to pop punk...

:confused:

mankvill
07-29-2011, 09:01 PM
But you're the one who listens to pop punk...

:confused:

BECAUSE IT OWNS

honestly it's probably my favorite genre of music

jd091
07-29-2011, 09:06 PM
BECAUSE IT OWNS

honestly it's probably my favorite genre of music

WOAH

WOOOOOAH

mankvill is SeargentD.

mind=blown. It all makes sense now.

mankvill
07-29-2011, 09:08 PM
WOAH

WOOOOOAH

mankvill is SeargentD.

mind=blown. It all makes sense now.

no. when i start spouting 4chan meme's in improper context and keep saying "u mad?" when i reference slightly obscure (to metalheads who have been listening to metal for 4 weeks) bands and say they suck.

grew up with pop punk and it's infectious and fucking amazing. When it's good, I fucking love it. :lovedup:

jd091
07-29-2011, 09:21 PM
no. when i start spouting 4chan meme's in improper context and keep saying "u mad?" when i reference slightly obscure (to metalheads who have been listening to metal for 4 weeks) bands and say they suck.

grew up with pop punk and it's infectious and fucking amazing. When it's good, I fucking love it. :lovedup:

Do you follow his blog, and not the stuff he does on Metalsucks? It's hilarious imo.

larvtard
07-29-2011, 09:26 PM
I still don't understand why people put apostrophes in plural nouns. Of all the common grammar mistakes that people make, that one makes the least sense of all...

oh, and I stopped reading Seargant D's posts when he kept talking about how metalheads are socially awkward. I know he was just trolling but it really got to me :eyes:

mankvill
07-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Do you follow his blog, and not the stuff he does on Metalsucks? It's hilarious imo.

Yeah, I liked SergeantD when he was underground :allan:

jd091
07-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I liked SergeantD when he was underground :allan:

hip-starrr.

jd091
07-29-2011, 09:28 PM
I still don't understand why people put apostrophes in plural nouns. Of all the common grammar mistakes that people make, that one makes the least sense of all...

Not everyone is smart and perfect like you, Ben. Chill yer boner.

larvtard
07-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Not everyone is smart and perfect like you, Ben. Chill yer boner.

You used to be a grammar nazi, too, you fucking twat :mad:

powerslave_85
07-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Pop-punk is one of my favorite genres too, but I think Manks and I have different ideas of what it is :lol:

mankvill
07-29-2011, 09:31 PM

oh, and I stopped reading Seargant D's posts when he kept talking about how metalheads are socially awkward. I know he was just trolling but it really got to me :eyes:

apostrophes's and comma's fuck me up majorly

mankvill
07-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Pop-punk is one of my favorite genres too, but I think Manks and I have different ideas of what it is :lol:

I love love LOVE radio-friendly, dumb simple pop-punk. Like I also like Dillinger Four and The Queers and stuff, but I LOVE that radio shit, mayne

powerslave_85
07-29-2011, 09:36 PM
I kind of grew out of the radio-friendly stuff and don't listen to any of the newer bands that do that style, but I still have a soft spot for Dude Ranch-era Blink and New Found Glory (whose last album was actually pretty good). But yeah, the most earnest, "underground" pop-punk is where it's at for me. Banner Pilot, Dear Landlord, D4, Broadway Calls, The Dopamines...that shit is my jam.

mankvill
07-29-2011, 09:37 PM
I kind of grew out of the radio-friendly stuff and don't listen to any of the newer bands that do that style, but I still have a soft spot for Dude Ranch-era Blink and New Found Glory (whose last album was actually pretty good). But yeah, the most earnest, "underground" pop-punk is where it's at for me. Banner Pilot, Dear Landlord, D4, Broadway Calls, The Dopamines...that shit is my jam.

:lovedup:

let's go to pop punk shows and jump up and down in time to the music

christopher
07-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Just found out my connection to free VIP passes to LA Rising didn't work out :( I'm going to go tomorrow and try to find a miracle GA ticket for cheap/free.

christopher
07-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Have you ever heard Operation: Cliff Clavin? They're a punk band with a very poppy sound, you should check them out.

GarageMetal468
07-29-2011, 11:58 PM
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU the Suffocation show in Milwaukee got canceled. Fucking promoter decided to for no reason given. Suffocation are just as pissed as everyone else.

treghet
07-30-2011, 12:20 AM
To be honest, I'm not very familiar with punk rock or pop punk, but you guys should check out this band, Joyce Manor, you might like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCLQN3d-nb8

They just released their debut album earlier this year.

powerslave_85
07-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Joyce Manor are great. "Constant Headache" is one of my favorite songs of the year so far.

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Lemuria are pretty good too.

jd091
07-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Oh man, what can of worms did I open up on this thread...

masterguy49
07-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Warming up for Warped in an our by listening TDWP's Zombie Ep :finger:

larvtard
07-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Oh man, what can of worms did I open up on this thread...

A rotten can, apparently... ;)

jd091
07-30-2011, 06:53 AM

It's so good, no? ;)

They said the new album coming out is gonna be more in the heavy vein of the Zombie EP, which is the best news ever. DWP is one of the few bands where I feel that the older their stuff is the shittier it is, while the newer their stuff is the better it is.

masterguy49
07-30-2011, 06:54 AM
It's so good, no? ;)

They said the new album coming out is gonna be more in the heavy vein of the Zombie EP, which is the best news ever. DWP is one of the few bands where I feel that the older their stuff is the shittier it is, while the newer their stuff is the better it is.

Yeah I still can't stand their old stuff, but I'm loving the Ep. Also I'm listening to the single "Born to Lose" and it sure as hell is catchy :tongue: I'm definitely anticipating the new album. :tongue:

jd091
07-30-2011, 07:17 AM
OH SHIT GUYS, OUR FAV BAND HAS A NEW VIDEO OUT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC76nKUBFkk&feature=player_embedded)

GarageMetal468
07-30-2011, 07:20 AM
OH SHIT GUYS, OUR FAV BAND HAS A NEW VIDEO OUT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC76nKUBFkk&feature=player_embedded)

Wow, couldn't tell what was worse, the song or the video itself.

mastodon421
07-30-2011, 08:21 AM
It's so good, no? ;)

I like TWDP to an extent (gulity pleasure of mine), but With Roots Above and Branches Below is by far their worst record imo. There is about 3 good songs, a lot of subpar ones, and quite a few shitty ones. Zombie EP is good though. It restored my faith in them.

jd091
07-30-2011, 08:38 AM
I like TWDP to an extent (gulity pleasure of mine), but With Roots Above and Branches Below is by far their worst record imo.

What.

What.

oh whatever, its really not worth arguing over.

mastodon421
07-30-2011, 08:57 AM
What.

What.

oh whatever, its really not worth arguing over.

That's pretty much the consensus on that record, it's not very well liked. It was their whinest record by far.

jd091
07-30-2011, 09:13 AM
That's pretty much the consensus on that record, it's not very well liked. It was their whinest record by far.

Well, I'm not exactly a scene kid, so I wouldn't know. But from only what I listen to, I've enjoyed With Roots the most out of any of their LP's.

mastodon421
07-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Well, I'm not exactly a scene kid, so I wouldn't know. But from only what I listen to, I've enjoyed With Roots the most out of any of their LP's.

For me it was Dear Love: A Beatiful Discord. The production is kind of rough, but I dug it a lot more than their other LP's. Zombie EP is my favorite by them fo sure. Born To Lose is pretty good, so I am expecting Dead Throne to be good too.

treghet
07-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Joyce Manor are great. "Constant Headache" is one of my favorite songs of the year so far.

:fist:

christopher
07-30-2011, 12:28 PM
On my way to LA Rising! I hope I can score a GA ticket when I get there. Hopefully I'm in by 4pm so I can see Immortal Technique :rocker:

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm also really gay and want to join you

honestly imma fag

So many people coming out :lol:

That really isn't a bad ep, not great, but it's listenable

Well, I'm a scene kid,

I knew it, once again ;)

evildeadjedi
07-30-2011, 02:57 PM
:nonono:
This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglbF-I28rQ

:rocker:

larvtard
07-30-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm talking to a kid on the UVM facebook group who really likes bands like Born of Orisis, Within the Ruins, August Burns Red, etc. I told him that I don't really listen to that technical deathcore stuff because most of the time they can't write an actual song. He mistaked this to mean that they aren't good at their instruments. I'm trying to explain what I mean but I'm having trouble articulating myself. Can anyone give me an example of a poorly-written tech-death/metalcore song (possibly one that's just mindless wankery) and then an actual well-written song of that genre? Thanks guys.

this is what I told him:

" well, I mean, sure they're talented. But I'm talking about songwriting. If it's written in insane time signatures with extremely difficult apreggios, that just means they can play well. Good songwriting means that they can actually compose a well-written song that I'll want to come back to. yes, Necrophagist is a good example of this. Am I making any sense?
" here, let me give you an example. Not many people like to listen to instrumental guitar albums because most of the time, the guitarist is just showing off. It's fun to listen to if you want to hear your favorite guitarist shred his ass off, but only to a certain extent; soon you may find yourself bored of mindless wankery and you'll want to heear an actual song."

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 04:51 PM
August Burns Red is a really good band, man.

BloodoftheKings
07-30-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm talking to a kid on the UVM facebook group who really likes bands like Born of Orisis, Within the Ruins, August Burns Red, etc. I told him that I don't really listen to that technical deathcore stuff because most of the time they can't write an actual song. He mistaked this to mean that they aren't good at their instruments. I'm trying to explain what I mean but I'm having trouble articulating myself. Can anyone give me an example of a poorly-written tech-death/metalcore song (possibly one that's just mindless wankery) and then an actual well-written song of that genre? Thanks guys.

I would send him a song by the bands you just mentioned but I guess that wouldn't work.

larvtard
07-30-2011, 04:55 PM
I would send him a song by the bands you just mentioned but I guess that wouldn't work.

@BrutalDessent GET OUT

inb4 jd stands up for them...

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 05:01 PM
@BrutalDessent GET OUT

inb4 jd stands up for them...

:finger: