PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

llama lom
07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
they're always fun, and maybe you'll get some good recommendations out of it! :fist:

True. I'll try making a list first then.

slapguitarer
07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Wasn't there a list thread for favorite album for every year you've been alive? I wanted to do that, but can't find it...

mankvill
07-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Wasn't there a list thread for favorite album for every year you've been alive? I wanted to do that, but can't find it...

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15658 :D

slapguitarer
07-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks

jd091
07-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Damaged Justice tour set:

"Blackened"
"For Whom the Bell Tolls"
"Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
"Harvester of Sorrow"
"The Four Horsemen"
"The Thing That Should Not Be"
Bass Solo
"Master of Puppets"
"Fade to Black"
"Seek & Destroy"
"...And Justice for All"
"One"
"Creeping Death"
Guitar Solo
"Battery"
"Last Caress" (Originally performed by the Misfits)
"Am I Evil?" (Originally performed by Diamond Head)
"Whiplash"
"Breadfan"

Ok, look here, if you're gonna have an AJFA set, you need to put in Dyer's Eve. You just need to. No if, and, or, buts about it.

DethMaiden
07-08-2011, 08:12 AM
So I'm still doing the Quietus but from the States, and since I'm our only guy over here, "bureau chief" would be a fair definition of my duties. Here's what's lined up already and I've only been back home for about five days:

-Covering the Liturgy gig in Bloomington tonight. Had to sort the photographer and snagged a friend from IU to do it, so he'll be on the site as well.
-Interviewing Mike "Tubular Bells" Oldfield who now lives in the Bahamas next Friday, who will kill me if all I want to talk about is Tubular Bells.
-Reviewing the Seven Sisters of Sleep album. (Probably.)
-Starting work on a big piece on David Lynch and his post-Inland Empire desire to do just about everything possible except for actually make a movie.

jd091
07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
I just read that Quietus article you did on urban black metal. Really well done, man! Keep it up!

larvtard
07-08-2011, 11:17 AM
True, but now you can call them starting July 1 and they'll tell you over the phone for $8. But you need your AP number, and I lost mine :lol: :eyes:

Just got mine over the phone. Got a 4 in Literature! :party: But I got a 2 in Government... :bouville: Oh well, I'm planning on taking Social Science classes anyways, so I don't need the Government credit. As for Literature, I don't need to take any classes in there now, so that's all that matters.

jd091
07-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Just got mine over the phone. Got a 4 in Literature! :party: But I got a 2 in Government... :bouville: Oh well, I'm planning on taking Social Science classes anyways, so I don't need the Government credit. As for Literature, I don't need to take any classes in there now, so that's all that matters.

Well, "Anarchy" is in your name, so it's only natural that you're not good at gov. ;)

larvtard
07-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Well, "Anarchy" is in your name, so it's only natural that you're not good at gov. ;)

HUR HUR HUR :finger:

OMG 2,000th POST

jd091
07-08-2011, 11:33 AM
HUR HUR HUR :finger:

OMG 2,000th POST

:lovedup:

...about time you joined the club.

larvtard
07-08-2011, 11:34 AM
...about time you joined the club.

refer to my messages on your wall.

larvtard
07-09-2011, 11:03 AM
just got a Google +
seems kinda stupid so far, but eh.
https://plus.google.com/111803372902370997778/posts

oh yeah, and I didn't mean to invite you Brad, I thought you were already on it haha.

treghet
07-09-2011, 10:40 PM
So I got this energy drink called Speed Shot. I'm wondering if it's like shooting up speed?

EDIT: (5 1/2 hours later) Definitely a good energy drink... And it tasted like Hawaiian Punch!

BloodoftheKings
07-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I am very unclear on the definition of a hip hop MC. When I looked it up recently it said the it means "Master of Ceremonies" so basically a rapper that is a good live performer. But whenever I hear the term used they don't use it in reference to a live performance. Most hip hop fans make it seem like to be an MC is to be a good lyricist. It's either most of the hip hop community doesn't know their own terminology or every source that ever posted the definition doesn't know the real definition. I am very confused.

JRA
07-09-2011, 11:21 PM
MC also means "move the crowd"

jd091
07-10-2011, 01:43 PM
This thread has slowed to almost a halt.

Let's kick it off: I'm currently listening to audio books while playing Mount and Blade on my computer in my basement with Mythbusters going on the TV while sipping on coffee and snacking on cashews in my Dillinger Escape Plan hoodie and new Origin shirt.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING, BITCH.

BloodoftheKings
07-10-2011, 01:46 PM
MC also means "move the crowd"

Exactly, also means being a good live performer.

larvtard
07-10-2011, 01:47 PM

Let's kick it off: I'm currently listening to audio books while playing Mount and Blade on my computer in my basement with Mythbusters going on the TV while sipping on coffee and snacking on cashews in my Dillinger Escape Plan hoodie and new Origin shirt.

:lol: how the hell can you play a computer game and listen to a book at the same time? As my government teacher said, "multitasking just means you're doing both tasks poorly."

jd091
07-10-2011, 02:42 PM
:lol: how the hell can you play a computer game and listen to a book at the same time? As my government teacher said, "multitasking just means you're doing both tasks poorly."

Its kind of like a strategy/rpg game, really weirdly set up but really fun. Anyway, in the game right now, I'm just kind of grinding out trade routes and making bank on trade caravans so I can build up my army (probably have no idea what I'm talking about), so its a little mind numbing but fun. Books on tape help me pass the time in games, especially ones that aren't RPG's heavy on dialogue and reading. When games require you to read and think heavily about the situation, its hard to pay attention, so I'd rather just listen to music. When you can get into the groove of a game and not need to really concentrate on it, you can listen to the book well and concentrate on the story. I used to do it a lot when I'd grind levels in WoW, but I'm done with that game.

And I'm trying to power through A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin so I can start reading A Dance With Dragons the day it comes out in a week or so! :party:

El Gordo
07-10-2011, 02:47 PM

Alright. I'm currently watching How I Met Your Mother, enjoying an Okanagan Spring Pale Ale, while my wife cooks dinner and the dog watches her every move. Life is pretty good.

powerslave_85
07-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I can listen to audiobooks and spoken word stuff just fine as long as I'm playing something that doesn't have a lot of dialog.

larvtard
07-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I can listen to audiobooks and spoken word stuff just fine as long as I'm playing something that doesn't have a lot of dialog.

Well, I don't play computer games, but I just think it would be hard to give attention to both tasks. But then again, most of the time I drive on autopilot.

evildeadjedi
07-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Anyone good with Accounting?

illuminatus917
07-10-2011, 04:23 PM

What do you need exactly?

evildeadjedi
07-10-2011, 04:30 PM
What do you need exactly?

PM sent

jd091
07-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Need to find out how much $ you spent on the Steam summer sale? ;)

evildeadjedi
07-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Need to find out how much $ you spent on the Steam summer sale? ;)

:lol: I'm not done yet I have my eye on several titles including Vampires: The Masquerade Bloodlines.

brutal_descent
07-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Hey, uh, Mayhem Festival was great and all, but can you guys not start a thread on the Mountain View date yet? Either I or Slap will do it. Thanks :cool:

brutal_descent
07-11-2011, 03:42 PM
You posting shit like this is why I never feel bad when yelling at you :D

He means well, manks :tp:

Travis The Dragon
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
You posting shit like this is why I never feel bad when yelling at you :D

:lol: I can't blame you there!

GarageMetal468
07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Got fucked out of my current job and the internship I was supposed to start. God fucking dammit I am pissed. I really don't want to talk about it right now but it doesn't help that a good portion of this shit isn't my fault. I'll post again when I'm not so pissed explaining what happened.

christopher
07-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Having a few beers at a famous pizza place next to the Whisky, waiting to go to the Viper Room to so JB Beverley perform an acoustic show. I saw Lemmy walking here on sunset a few minutes ago:D

JRA
07-12-2011, 09:59 PM
http://www.celebjihad.com/celeb-jihad/what-celebrity-pussy-smells-like

I've haven't laughed this hard in months.

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2011, 10:06 PM
http://www.celebjihad.com/celeb-jihad/what-celebrity-pussy-smells-like

I've haven't laughed this hard in months.

The Ke$ha one made me laugh and gag at the same time.

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2011, 10:29 PM
One of my friends really doesn't understand that there's other things in life then video games. I wan't to say something to him about it but I don't want to make him feel bad.

DethMaiden
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Posting only slightly drunk but mostly just exhausted after a bizarre night that involved catching up with a high school friend by an open fire, my neighbor's door being beaten down by the police and his subsequent rough arrest, and one of the hardest text message conversations I've ever been a part of. But I made it!

GarageMetal468
07-13-2011, 08:24 AM
One of my friends really doesn't understand that there's other things in life then video games. I wan't to say something to him about it but I don't want to make him feel bad.

Tell him now. If it's anything like me he'll get over it himself in a few years but you could make it happen now. Believe me, I spent all of high school literally doing nothing but video games and it was a waste.

jd091
07-13-2011, 09:23 AM

Of course there is.

Anime... and comic books... and Dungeons and Dragons...

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Of course there is.

Anime... and comic books... and Dungeons and Dragons...

I hate that there's thousands of people who have those four things...and metal.

Natrlhi
07-13-2011, 09:34 AM
I hate that Mankvill only has those four things...and metal.I know what you mean, brother. My heart bleeds for that boy.

jd091
07-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Posting only slightly drunk but mostly just exhausted after a bizarre night that involved catching up with a high school friend by an open fire, my neighbor's door being beaten down by the police and his subsequent rough arrest, and one of the hardest text message conversations I've ever been a part of. But I made it!

Now that is the cocktease of the century if I've ever seen one! Story time!

And GarageMetal, I feel you man. Hope your day is going better; I can only imagine how much that sucks. :hug:

GarageMetal468
07-13-2011, 11:49 AM
And GarageMetal, I feel you man. Hope your day is going better; I can only imagine how much that sucks. :hug:

Thanks man, I'm looking into some other jobs right now but I can't really apply or do much because I'll be on vacation from the 17th to the 27th. When I get back, though, I'm gonna go at it again.

mankvill
07-13-2011, 12:49 PM
I know what you mean, brother. My heart bleeds for that boy.

I CAST MAGIC MISSLE AT YOU

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 01:04 PM
I know what you mean, brother. My heart bleeds for that boy.

Dunno why but this exchange made me :lol: pretty hard.

Now that is the cocktease of the century if I've ever seen one! Story time!

Personal fucking story right now, mate. Those three incidents were totally unrelated, though. ;)

powerslave_85
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT

jd091
07-13-2011, 01:48 PM

No joke man, that's actually a useful fucking move from my experience. It doesn't do a ton of damage (Only 1d4 + a d4 per caster level), but it's consistent damage since it never misses. Saved many a lifeore than once. ;)

LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT

Best video EVER

mankvill
07-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Skrillex sold out tonight. My friend is working there and said people are lined up all around the block.

:\ why do people like shitty music

jd091
07-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Skrillex sold out tonight. My friend is working there and said people are lined up all around the block.

:\ why do people like shitty music

Hey, Skrillex was pretty good when I saw him open for Deadmau5. Nowhere near as good as Deadmau5 since he's more dubstep than trance, but still good. AND he had a Burzum shirt on!

larvtard
07-13-2011, 07:28 PM

sorry to hear that man. I hate when shows sell out on me :mad:

masterguy49
07-13-2011, 07:59 PM
sorry to hear that man. I hate when shows sell out on me :mad:

Dude that's the first time I :lol: at these forums for real. Congrats.

mankvill
07-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey, Skrillex was pretty good when I saw him open for Deadmau5. Nowhere near as good as Deadmau5 since he's more dubstep than trance, but still good. AND he had a Burzum shirt on!

no

treghet
07-13-2011, 08:05 PM

So does this guy

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o169/bleargh_bucket/burzum.jpg

larvtard
07-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Dude that's the first time I :lol: at these forums for real. Congrats.

:D

TonyD
07-13-2011, 08:26 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1360.snc4/163222_1506865751091_1217707119_31120187_2199803_n .jpg

jd091
07-13-2011, 08:35 PM
So does this guy

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o169/bleargh_bucket/burzum.jpg

Yeah, its the hipster thing to do. Probably doesn't even know who Varg is.

jd091
07-13-2011, 08:36 PM
no

to what? That deadmau5 isn't dubstep? Or that I saw him live and enjoyed the hell out of it? :D

illuminatus917
07-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah, its the hipster thing to do.

Yeah, he probably doesn't listen to anything but Mumford & Sons and Velvet Underground.

brutal_descent
07-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey, I love The Velvet Underground :nonono:

But Mumford & Sons suck :D

BloodoftheKings
07-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Those aren't even really hipster bands. If you wan't to know what the hipsters listen to these days just look at this from time to time.
http://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/2011

jd091
07-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Those aren't even really hipster bands. If you wan't to know what the hipsters listen to these days just look at this from time to time.

#4 - SYMPHONY X

illuminatus917
07-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey, I love The Velvet Underground :nonono:

I know, it just seems like they've become a hipster staple.

But Mumford & Sons suck :D

I actually really liked their debut. :eyes:

Expecting a new record out late this year.

Nick_to_the_face
07-14-2011, 12:23 AM
I know, it just seems like they've become a hipster staple.

That makes me sad..

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 12:28 AM
That makes me sad..

What, you had no idea hipsters love that shit? Bowie? Reed? Patti Smith? I mean, some of them are going around in Black Flag (and Burzum apparently) shirts. What the fuck do you expect? :tp:

Nick_to_the_face
07-14-2011, 12:37 AM
What, you had no idea hipsters love that shit? Bowie? Reed? Patti Smith? I mean, some of them are going around in Black Flag (and Burzum apparently) shirts. What the fuck do you expect? :tp:

Apparently I am very unaware of hipsters..I'm so underground

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Apparently I am very unaware of hipsters..I'm so underground

You don't pay attention to your girlfriend? ;)

Nick_to_the_face
07-14-2011, 12:50 AM
You don't pay attention to your girlfriend? ;)

HEY.
She's only half hipster :D

Also: Your post just granted us many lulz :lol:

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 12:57 AM
HEY.
She's only half hipster :D

Also: Your post just granted us many lulz :lol:

You're welcome :D

Nick_to_the_face
07-14-2011, 01:04 AM

Tyr is hipster now??

DethMaiden
07-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Week after next I get to hear the mixes of the new Wolves in the Throne Room album before they send it off to the label, interview the band, and write a feature. So that's pretty cool.

Nick_to_the_face
07-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Week after next I get to hear the mixes of the new Wolves in the Throne Room album before they send it off to the label, interview the band, and write a feature. So that's pretty cool.

That's badass.
Though I haven't heard much from them really, just a few songs. Where is a good place to start?

DethMaiden
07-14-2011, 11:06 AM

Scratch that. Hearing it tomorrow. :allan:

That's badass.
Though I haven't heard much from them really, just a few songs. Where is a good place to start?

They're my favorite heavy band to have formed in the last 20 years, honestly. I'm pretty okay with awarding them that distinction. Two Hunters is the best full-length, but if you're plucking for songs, I'd say the best ones are "Vastness and Sorrow," "I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots," "Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog," and the mighty, mighty clean-female-vox track "A Looming Resonance."

mankvill
07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
B-rad luuuuvs dat hipster black metal

ShatteredFlame
07-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Been driving my family all over lately and since no one wants to listen to any of my CDs I have to listen to the radio. Now I don't mind stuff on the radio but damn they play the same fucking songs every hour. Pitbull, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, and Rihanna. They give like 4 Ke$ha songs which I'm always fascinated how she sounds like absolute trash yet I still like it for some reason. The new Lady Gaga songs are just ok, nothing great but nothing bad. I miss hearing her old stuff.

Then any Katy Perry song that comes on is an absolute pleasure to listen too. But besides that I am going nuts here. :hmm:

jd091
07-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Been driving my family all over lately and since no one wants to listen to any of my CDs I have to listen to the radio. Now I don't mind stuff on the radio but damn they play the same fucking songs every hour. Pitbull, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, and Rihanna. They give like 4 Ke$ha songs which I'm always fascinated how she sounds like absolute trash yet I still like it for some reason. The new Lady Gaga songs are just ok, nothing great but nothing bad. I miss hearing her old stuff.

Then any Katy Perry song that comes on is an absolute pleasure to listen too. But besides that I am going nuts here. :hmm:

If I'm gonna have to listen to normal radio, I always try and find a classical music station, or jazz at the least.

BloodoftheKings
07-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Just tell them if they don't like your cd's they can get the fuck out of your car.

larvtard
07-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Just tell them if they don't like your cd's they can get the fuck out of your car.

good idea

LAXdef16
07-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm getting ready to head up to the movie theater to wait in line for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2

:rocker::party::rocker::party::rocker::party:

DethMaiden
07-14-2011, 02:10 PM
My music writing empire expands – I'll be contributing a piece for the excellent My Band T-Shirt in the next couple weeks. Haven't totally settled on what shirt I'm going to write about. My old Blind Guardian Nightfall in Middle-Earth shirt is probably most likely.

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 02:29 PM
A few of the shirts I ordered last week from Rockabilia arrived - Mayhem, Deicide and Down. Fuckin' sweet :rocker:

jd091
07-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm getting ready to head up to the movie theater to wait in line for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2

:rocker::party::rocker::party::rocker::party:

Tell us how it is. Personally, those movies had gone downhill for me. They just don't do the books justice.

MPF
07-14-2011, 05:27 PM
My new lady friend is at the Mall Of America with her ticket in hand to go see the last Harry Potter movie.

Apparently the trailer for the new Batman is in the previews.

powerslave_85
07-14-2011, 05:38 PM
I already saw a bootleg of the Batman trailer, so I don't have to waste money or be engulfed by the hordes of Potter fans. Thank god nothing I want to see is also coming out this weekend.

RAZOR
07-14-2011, 08:49 PM
If I want to see the Batman trailer I can just go walk around downtown. :tongue:

Nick_to_the_face
07-14-2011, 11:41 PM
A few of the shirts I ordered last week from Rockabilia arrived - Mayhem, Deicide and Down. Fuckin' sweet :rocker:

Screw Rockabilla..I ordered a Mastodon Leviathan hoodie..and the zipper broke in the washer within a month. :flame:

Plus their shiz is expensive

masterguy49
07-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Just got back from Harry Potter movie.

Best one of them all, really, really good. I'd say perfect in the prospective of a huge fan.

And the Batman trailer :drool:

I think I know what's replacing my porn :tongue:

TonyD
07-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Screw Rockabilla..I ordered a Mastodon Leviathan hoodie..and the zipper broke in the washer within a month. :flame:

Plus their shiz is expensive

Glad I never ordered anything from there. It's all the same generic shit that you would find at Hot Topic...

jd091
07-15-2011, 05:29 AM
And the Batman trailer :drool:

I think I know what's replacing my porn :tongue:

Oh shit, I forgot that was gonna happen! Noe I'm more excited for that then the actual movie!

...though it's probably already on YouTube now...

christopher
07-15-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm listening to the new Blink 182 song....its terrible :(

masterguy49
07-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Oh shit, I forgot that was gonna happen! Noe I'm more excited for that then the actual movie!

...though it's probably already on YouTube now...

Yeah I didn't know it was going to happen so I almost shit myself when I saw it :lol:

But they kept fucking up on the film so I pretty much saw the trailer three times last night :tongue:

mankvill
07-15-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm listening to the new Blink 182 song....its terrible :(

It's growing on me

but yeah, it's fucking weird

Nick_to_the_face
07-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Glad I never ordered anything from there. It's all the same generic shit that you would find at Hot Topic...

I've never seen a Death shirt at Hot Topic..

BloodoftheKings
07-15-2011, 01:43 PM
I've never seen a Death shirt at Hot Topic..

This. Rockabilia isn't bad. I got my favorite shirts from that site. Hot Topic doesn't have anything worth wiping my ass with.

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2011, 01:49 PM
This. Rockabilia isn't bad. I got my favorite shirts from that site. Hot Topic doesn't have anything worth wiping my ass with.

That's why I've gotten Kreator and Nevermore shirts from there. :finger:

But most of their stuff is shit. I honestly cringe every time I walk into one, but they occasionally have some good shirts, and if you're lucky, in the clearance section.

BloodoftheKings
07-15-2011, 02:00 PM

But most of their stuff is shit. I honestly cringe every time I walk into one, but they occasionally have some good shirts, and if you're lucky, in the clearance section.

The last time I was in a Hot Topic I saw nothing but A Day to Remember and Bring Me the Anal Lube shirts. I did manage to find a Faith No More shirt for $6 in the clearance bin though.

Nick_to_the_face
07-15-2011, 03:52 PM

Exactly. For a while they a whole thrash section going :bliss: didn't last long of course.

And I've managed to snag some good shirts from the clearance section.

Especially my Nuclear Assault shirt :lovedup:

DethMaiden
07-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Hey everybody, just wanted to point out that this photo shoot happened:

http://www.gq.com/images/women/2011/08/community-girls/community-gillian-jacobs-alison-brie_628.jpg

powerslave_85
07-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Pfft, welcome to yesterday :tp: I already have the six-foot poster version ordered from the print shop.

DethMaiden
07-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Pfft, welcome to yesterday :tp: I already have the six-foot poster version ordered from the print shop.

:lol: I saw the video right after it posted when a friend of mine shared it on Facebook and, upon learning the full content would be available in an iPad app, immediately bought an iPad. ;)

powerslave_85
07-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider it.

The video, in handy .gif form!

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/brie-jacobs.gif

Alison Brie (deservedly) gets the attention, but Gillian is highly underrated.

mankvill
07-15-2011, 07:25 PM
idk who these whores are

slapguitarer
07-15-2011, 07:40 PM
I think I'm coming down with the carpal tunnel :hecho:

JRA
07-15-2011, 07:44 PM
I think I'm coming down with the carpal tunnel :hecho:

From wacking off to those photos?

slapguitarer
07-15-2011, 07:48 PM
From wacking off to those photos?

That's the second time I've heard that today... But no, it's in my left hand and I'm a righty.

Maiden33
07-15-2011, 08:05 PM
You mean that WASN'T a masturbation joke? Damn, very weird timing.

illuminatus917
07-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I think I'll sleep on the beach tonight.

DethMaiden
07-15-2011, 08:48 PM
I think I'll sleep on the beach tonight.

Don't forget to bring your best friend from prep school who you secretly have a jealous crush on!

10 points to whoever gets that one.

jd091
07-15-2011, 09:51 PM
idk who these whores are

^

GarageMetal468
07-15-2011, 11:00 PM
They're from the NBC show Community which is actually a very good show. And yeah Alison Brie is SO MUCH hotter than Gillian. For some reason my friend thinks Gillian is hotter though... maybe it's because they're both hipsters! :cool:

Nick_to_the_face
07-15-2011, 11:46 PM
I've never been prouder of the music my band writes until today :D

ChildrenofSodom
07-16-2011, 06:11 AM
10 points to whoever gets that one.

:party: They can climb trees together later.

daimonos
07-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Hungover today, so I'm gonna spend it relaxing on my couch and listening to music that I haven't gotten a chance to hear yet :D

makethemsuffer12
07-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Stand
Deconstruction
Devin Townsend Project

Holy fuck, I'm finally seeing him today. Been waiting for this for a while now.

BloodoftheKings
07-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Stand
Deconstruction
Devin Townsend Project

Holy fuck, I'm finally seeing him today. Been waiting for this for a while now.

Wrong thread dude

makethemsuffer12
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Wrong thread dude

Shit. :lol:

It happens.

christopher
07-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Wrong thread dude

:lol: I thought I was tripping out for a second. I knew I clicked the right link but I didn't see the right thing haha

mankvill
07-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Got off work a bit early!

Heading out now to:

Rob Zombie
As I Lay Dying
All That Remains
HAMMERLORD!!!@#
TROGLODYTE!!!!!!!!!!

Nick_to_the_face
07-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Got off work a bit early!

Heading out now to:

Rob Zombie
As I Lay Dying
All That Remains
HAMMERLORD!!!@#
TROGLODYTE!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEAAAH

christopher
07-16-2011, 05:03 PM
God damnit! I hate how my house is a dead zone :bouville: I always have cell phone problems. People will often call me but my phone won't ring because there is no service for the moment. Sometimes I'll be waiting for someone to hit me up for something and I won't ever get the call and miss out on opportunities. Well one of my close friends, who I haven't talked to in a long time called me from his new home in Reno and my phone didn't go off, I just got a voice mail saying that was the new number and the only way to contact him for a while, but I didn't get the number, so I won't be able to get a hold of my friend unless he calls me again...

idrinkwine732
07-16-2011, 05:08 PM
God damnit! I hate how my house is a dead zone :bouville: I always have cell phone problems. People will often call me but my phone won't ring because there is no service for the moment. Sometimes I'll be waiting for someone to hit me up for something and I won't ever get the call and miss out on opportunities. Well one of my close friends, who I haven't talked to in a long time called me from his new home in Reno and my phone didn't go off, I just got a voice mail saying that was the new number and the only way to contact him for a while, but I didn't get the number, so I won't be able to get a hold of my friend unless he calls me again...

That happens to me all the fucking time. If I'm waiting for a call, sometimes I'll just have to go out. It is soooo aggravating.

christopher
07-16-2011, 05:55 PM
That happens to me all the fucking time. If I'm waiting for a call, sometimes I'll just have to go out. It is soooo aggravating.

It sucks when I'm trying to have a conversation on the phone and I keep losing the call cause of the shitty service. Lately I've been talking a lot more on the phone, so I just use the house line. I feel like I'm in highschool again haha

jd091
07-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I totally feel your pain. Just yesterday I was in the middle of a texting conversation with this chick while I was in my basement. It had been like 25 minutes and I hadn't received a reply from her. I was like, "okay, I guess she's sick of me and doesn't want to talk anymore... I'll consolidate my losses" :( then I look at my text history, and the reply I thought I sent off 25 minutes ago never sent. :bouville: So she probably though I was the dick not responding to her. wtf.

slapguitarer
07-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't know if this belong in Misinformation and Propoganda or not, so I'll just post it here.

For any King Diamond fans, if you have a skype account, you have an opportunity to talk to King Diamond himself! All you have to do is add him on Skype and stay online. If you're lucky enough, he'll invite you to chat. It's voice only. More info here.

http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=5454.0

jd091
07-16-2011, 08:22 PM
My soon-to-download list:

Wolves in the Throne Room! (I had 1 album long ago, and forgot about it :()
Tombs (their first album... I need to find it somewhere!)
Argoslent
Mogwai
Sylosis
All Pigs Must Die (need to find somewhere that has this, too)
Gorod
Blood For Blood
A Day to Remember :finger:

larvtard
07-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Download all of those NOW. Not because I think they're good, but because I think it's a horrible idea to have a queue. I've had one written on the whiteboard on my wall for 2 months and I haven't downloaded any of them because I'm so lazy and I won't remember why I liked them or what album to get from them. If you find an album you like, download it immediately.

treghet
07-16-2011, 08:37 PM
My soon-to-download list:

Argoslent

Arghoslent*

Don't worry, you'll learn it eventually. :tongue:

MPF
07-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Going on a date in a little over an hour. I'm totally aware that will be well after midnight. That's what sometimes happen when both parties are over 21. haha

Dextrimental
07-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Going on a date in a little over an hour. I'm totally aware that will be well after midnight. That's what sometimes happen when both parties are over 21. haha

Good luck bro! Let us all know how you get on!

jd091
07-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Arghoslent*

Don't worry, you'll learn it eventually. :tongue:

Ah, sorry :D I saw that everyone here loves 'em, and I haven't heard 'em before, so I must download! Hopefully they'll be my next Anaal Nathrakh :lovedup:

MPF
07-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Good luck bro! Let us all know how you get on!

Will do. Until things get more serious, in the words of The Dude...

"She's not my fucking girlfriend. She's my fucking lady friend, man."

ChildrenofSodom
07-16-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm drunk, and I just ate some mushrooms with hot sauce. My motherfuckin mouth burns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!

mankvill
07-16-2011, 10:11 PM
I was driving home from Rob Zombie and right before I got into town, a huge fucking thing that kinda looked like a bat but was EASILY half my size flew out in front of my car.

:hecho:

masterguy49
07-16-2011, 10:15 PM
I was driving home from Rob Zombie and right before I got into town, a huge fucking thing that kinda looked like a bat but was EASILY half my size flew out in front of my car.

......wut?

mankvill
07-16-2011, 10:41 PM
......wut?

fucking Jersey Devil or Mothman or something fuck i dunno but the more I think about it, the more creeped out I get

illuminatus917
07-16-2011, 10:46 PM

I saw a Pterodactyl the other day.

Weird shit is afoot.

GarageMetal468
07-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Gah I gotta get up at 5 AM tomorrow for a flight. I'm gonna be going to a resort in Cancun, Mexico with my family from tomorrow to the 27th, so I'll be gone in that time period. I'm hoping to come back to some epic announcement. I'm also disappointed I'm gonna be missing Exhumed and Macabre but I'm sure Exhumed will be back.

powerslave_85
07-16-2011, 11:11 PM

Probably just an owl. Some of those fuckers can get really big.

mankvill
07-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Probably just an owl. Some of those fuckers can get really big.

NO IT FUCKING LOOKED LIKE IT WAS ALL SKIN AND NO FEATHERS :hecho:

ChildrenofSodom
07-17-2011, 04:18 AM
Fuck. Not drinking for several months and then throwing back gin, vodka, Sierra Nevada, and Blue Moon was a BAD idea. So sick.

ShatteredFlame
07-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I start a job tomorrow. It's part of a cleanup crew for the town, I'm not exactly sure what I have to do but the fact that I have to wear long pants in this blistering heat for hours sounds unbearable. The hours are long to 7:30AM-4:00PM. $8 an hour pay. Hopefully this goes.

El Gordo
07-17-2011, 08:03 AM
I start a job tomorrow. It's part of a cleanup crew for the town, I'm not exactly sure what I have to do but the fact that I have to wear long pants in this blistering heat for hours sounds unbearable. The hours are long to 7:30AM-4:00PM. $8 an hour pay. Hopefully this goes.

:lol: The hours are long? That's 8.5 hours! You might as well be working at a bank! Long pants in the heat suck though.

ShatteredFlame
07-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes the hours are long for the amount of time in the sun with long pants.

El Gordo
07-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Fuck. Not drinking for several months and then throwing back gin, vodka, Sierra Nevada, and Blue Moon was a BAD idea. So sick.

Yeah you probably should've stuck to one of those four. Not ALL of those four. That kind of mix would cause even most seasooned drinkers problems!

DethMaiden
07-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah you probably should've stuck to one of those four. Not ALL of those four. That kind of mix would cause even most seasooned drinkers problems!

Yeah, you know what they say. Never mix Sierra Nevada and Blue Moon! ;)

El Gordo
07-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Yeah, you know what they say. Never mix Sierra Nevada and Blue Moon! ;)

I have no idea what Sierra Nevada is...

DethMaiden
07-17-2011, 08:11 AM
I have no idea what Sierra Nevada is...

Beer. Pretty sure you can mix beer and beer and get away with it. :tongue:

El Gordo
07-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes the hours are long for the amount of time in the sun with long pants.

It's definitely long if you're not used to it. If you think about a lot of contractors, for instance landscapers or irrigation techs, they'll work 14 hour days doing some pretty back-breaking work -- at least up here where the season is about seven months long. So just think about it when you're out there sweating your balls off, it could be worse! ;)

El Gordo
07-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Beer. Pretty sure you can mix beer and beer and get away with it. :tongue:

:lol: I do it all the time!

ShatteredFlame
07-17-2011, 08:29 AM
It's just a seasonal summer job for some youth program dealing with road work in my town. Mind you, I'm only 18 and am starting college in the fall. They will probably just make me pick up trash :tongue:.

christopher
07-17-2011, 08:57 AM

Eh you'll be fine. You shouldn't mix all that together or you're asking for a hangover. Were those the fun mushrooms you were having last night as well? I can usually get away with mixing beer and tequila or rum, but if I mix whiskey with dark beer, I'm usually pretty much fucked the next day.

Nick_to_the_face
07-17-2011, 09:45 AM
How does anyone put up their girl friends family :hecho:

or am I the only one who has a girl friend with a retarded family?

jd091
07-17-2011, 09:50 AM

or am I the only who has a girl friend a retarded family?

Speak English, please.

Nick_to_the_face
07-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Speak English, please.

Does anyone else have issues with their girl friend's family?

Sorry I'm annoyed :hecho:

mankvill
07-17-2011, 10:51 AM

you have a girlfriend, so 85% of this board envies you.

Nick_to_the_face
07-17-2011, 11:54 AM
you have a girlfriend, so 85% of this board envies you.

:lol:

Awww is Manky lonely? :hug:

treghet
07-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Now you can get a free gun with your new car! :D

http://www.5newsonline.com/news/ky3-story-carguns071511,0,3418026.story

illuminatus917
07-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Envy.

:violin::(

IrritatedTrout
07-17-2011, 02:18 PM

or am I the only one who has a girl friend with a retarded family?

It can be tough sometimes but most of the time my girlfriend's family isn't too bad.

mankvill
07-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Envy.

great band (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14888)

rjturtle9
07-17-2011, 02:26 PM

It's one of the reasons my last relationship didn't work for me.

treghet
07-17-2011, 02:28 PM

One of my past girlfriends had a father who was an alcoholic that would beat her sometimes and an older brother that raped her repeatedly when she was younger. She was afraid to call child services because her brother threatened to kill her and her mom said if they ever showed up to investigate they would move to New York.

christopher
07-17-2011, 02:35 PM
One of my past girlfriends had a father who was an alcoholic that would beat her sometimes and an older brother that raped her repeatedly when she was younger. She was afraid to call child services because her brother threatened to kill her and her mom said if they ever showed up to investigate they would move to New York.

Damn that's some intense family issues, sucks the brother like to play with incest. Hope it doesn't mess her future up too much.

Dextrimental
07-17-2011, 02:40 PM

I was seeing a girl for a while who had serious addiction problems going on with her family, lots of violence and disorder within the household. Only reason we stopped seeing each other (it was never too serious, but it was getting there) was because she got the chance to move away on a scholarship to a college in the UK, which I told her to take of course. We've lost touch over the last couple of years, but I do know she hasn't set foot in Ireland since she moved away, so I'm glad she got out of there.

I find the girlfriends family can be a serious lottery at times, though sometimes you get really lucky :lol:

Nick_to_the_face
07-17-2011, 02:53 PM

Yeah that's pretty deep...
I would have stayed away form that..

Nick_to_the_face
07-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Envy.

:hug:

great band (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14888)

I love you Manks :lol:

evildeadjedi
07-17-2011, 03:03 PM

For future reference take the advice here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_WPcSGHgs&feature=related

MPF
07-17-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure I can write a screenplay about my current relationship problems. Equally funny as it is equally sad. Problem is that Hollywood probably won't like the, most likely going to end without the happily ever after ending.

Fuck it, it's worth a shot anyways.

mastodon421
07-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I am on setlist.fm looking at Unearth's set on Mayhem and not a single one is the same. Don't know if they are changing up the set every day or people are just doing a horrible job remembering the set. Guess I'll have to wait and see on Friday.

Nick_to_the_face
07-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure I can write a screenplay about my current relationship problems. Equally funny as it is equally sad. Problem is that Hollywood probably won't like the, most likely going to end without the happily ever after ending.

Fuck it, it's worth a shot anyways.

If I did that with any of my past relationships..it would be full of emo/scene whores..and maybe a few fat chicks :eyes:

MPF
07-17-2011, 04:26 PM
If I did that with any of my past relationships..it would be full of emo/scene whores..and maybe a few fat chicks :eyes:

Luckily, that's not the case in my situation. The emo/scene whores are the fat chicks where I live....

...Or lesbian.

Akumu
07-17-2011, 05:27 PM

Holy shit, do you know how she's doing now? :/

brutal_descent
07-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Well, here's something interesting.

My sister-in-law told me today that sometime in 1992 when she still lived in LA (lives with in SFO now married to my brother) she met Henry Rollins under very amusing circumstances. She says she and her friends walked into a taxidermist's office to check out some of the animal heads they had on their walls, when she noticed Henry fucking Rollins at the desk. She started talking to him, and it turned out he was getting his cat stuffed because he was having a hard time getting over it's death. If I'm not wrong, she said he let loose a tear or two during their talk too. ^^

She was a punk back in the day too. Saw Minor Threat, Black Flag, and D.R.I. each a few times :fist:

masterguy49
07-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I've liked the same girl for 3 years.
I'm fucking 15 :lol:

DethMaiden
07-17-2011, 05:37 PM

You liked a 12 year old? Pervert.

brutal_descent
07-17-2011, 05:37 PM

Me too, actually. :c

masterguy49
07-17-2011, 05:41 PM
You liked a 12 year old? Pervert.

..... I can't help it, ok!?!? :boohoo:

Me too, actually. :c
Dammit, you beat me in everything, don't you!?

But I've been chasing her for like 3 years, I'm starting to get the idea that I should just give up :tongue:

Maiden33
07-17-2011, 05:50 PM
My girlfriend and I have been together for a little over a year now, and overall I guess things with her parents aren't too bad. Honestly it's a bit of the reverse of the stereotype, as I get along much better with her father than her mother. That's largely aided by the fact that her dad's favorite band is Maiden and he is a fellow Flyers fan, so at least we have shit to talk about, haha. Her mom can be a bit more annoying at times - One of those weird circumstances when you actually get along with someone, you just don't really like them as a person. I've definitely had my issues with them (and them with me) in the past, but overall things have gotten a lot better over time, which is only natural - I think they realize at this point that our relationship is serious, and we're very committed to it and eachother, and her daughter could've ended up with someone much, much worse, haha.

JRA
07-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Well, here's something interesting.

My sister-in-law told me today that sometime in 1992 when she still lived in LA (lives with in SFO now married to my brother) she met Henry Rollins under very amusing circumstances. She says she and her friends walked into a taxidermist's office to check out some of the animal heads they had on their walls, when she noticed Henry fucking Rollins at the desk. She started talking to him, and it turned out he was getting his cat stuffed because he was having a hard time getting over it's death. If I'm not wrong, she said he let loose a tear or two during their talk too. ^^

She was a punk back in the day too. Saw Minor Threat, Black Flag, and D.R.I. each a few times :fist:

:lol: That's pretty awesome.

jd091
07-17-2011, 06:24 PM

You're 5 years younger than I and probably getting more action than me and my shit luck. :bigfinger:

idrinkwine732
07-17-2011, 06:24 PM

I'm dealing with a girl now who has similar issues. She's incredibly psychologically damaged and it's actually really tough for her. Straight up crazy when I look at her life in comparison to mine.

mankvill
07-17-2011, 06:37 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/deathwishinc/status/92767939463348225

masterguy49
07-17-2011, 06:41 PM
You're 5 years younger than I and probably getting more action than me and my shit luck. :bigfinger:

Nah dude, I'm pretty much shit out of luck as well! Though I'm planning to ask that girl out again for the final time this week or the next. Hopefully we will see where my luck takes me.

illuminatus917
07-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I've dealt with psychotic chicks before... not my forte.

But being raped by an older brother? Holy shit.

If someone raped my little sister I'd kill them without hesitation.

masterguy49
07-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I've dealt with psychotic chicks before... not my forte.

But being raped by an older brother? Holy shit.

Same. I can be considered a mean brother and shit, but I am super overprotective of her.

larvtard
07-17-2011, 06:44 PM

You'll get prison time for that, buddy.

illuminatus917
07-17-2011, 06:47 PM

So be it.

jd091
07-17-2011, 06:47 PM
So I just had this long debate with my Mom about religion after she tried to get me to watch this motivational DVD about living your life to your fullest. The problem is, it was all from a "Because God wants you to be the best you can be", which I obviously disagree with. I just feel a little frustrated now, since I was telling her, "Ma, I don't believe in God," and she just kept saying, "you don't THINK you believe in God".

No, I DEFINITELY don't believe in God. I'm athiest, mom.

"Oh, you're just questioning your faith".

Uh, no questioning. Pretty sure I know what I believe in.

"You're just young, you think you know everything."

Oh, not the fucking "I'm too young" card. Just 'cause I'm not decrepit and married doesn't mean that I'm young. Goddammit, just acknowledge the fact!

illuminatus917
07-17-2011, 06:50 PM
So I just had this long debate with my Mom about religion after she tried to get me to watch this motivational DVD about living your life to your fullest. The problem is, it was all from a "Because God wants you to be the best you can be", which I obviously disagree with. I just feel a little frustrated now, since I was telling her, "Ma, I don't believe in God," and she just kept saying, "you don't THINK you believe in God".

Oh, not the fucking "I'm too young" card. Just 'cause I'm not decrepit and married doesn't mean that I'm young. Goddammit, just acknowledge the fact!

Don't even try and have that debate.

Arguing religion became not fun a long time ago.

El Gordo
07-17-2011, 06:51 PM

So what? If it were MY sister, I'd do things to him worthy of Cannibal Corpse lyrics!

idrinkwine732
07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Don't even try and have that debate.

Arguing religion became not fun a long time ago.

My Mom is a believer and my Dad has been on the fence for so long. It makes for some absolutely incredible discussion in my house.

jd091
07-17-2011, 06:55 PM
On a more important note: I downloaded A Day to Remember's discography, and am... enjoying it.

Should I be scared?

makethemsuffer12
07-17-2011, 06:56 PM
On a more important note: I downloaded A Day to Remember's discography, and am... enjoying it.

Should I be scared?

Perhaps.

To be completely honest though, I fucking love "All I Want", but that's about it.

Dextrimental
07-17-2011, 06:57 PM
So what? If it were MY sister, I'd do things to him worthy of Cannibal Corpse lyrics!

This. Despite both my sisters being older than me, if I heard some guy had tried to force himself on them, he wouldn't have the capability to even consider doing that to another woman. If I end up in prison so be it, at least I'll know some sick fuck got what he deserved.

Dextrimental
07-17-2011, 06:58 PM

Should I be scared?

Nope, I love A Day To Remember, they have better song writing skills and better growls than most any other 'scene' band out there.

illuminatus917
07-17-2011, 06:59 PM
My Mom is a believer and my Dad has been on the fence for so long. It makes for some absolutely incredible discussion in my house.

Both my parents are strong Christians. I used to debate with them when I was younger but now I realize the futility of it.

Now if a Christian's willing to delve deeper into the subject, and talk about some Kierkegaard or something, I'll eat that shit up. Or how Christianity is incompatible with capitalism, or something beyond the generic drivel. Otherwise, I usually stay out of it.

EDIT: Wait... I thought your parents lived in NYC?

jd091
07-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Nope, I love A Day To Remember, they have better song writing skills and better growls than most any other 'scene' band out there.

Okay, whew. I feel better. To be honest, its just really catchy. Good lighthearted music for me to listen to, yet have a bit of groove to it.

masterguy49
07-17-2011, 07:07 PM

Should I be scared?

I secretly enjoy them slightly too. Maybe its cause every girl I know loves them and I eventually began to enjoy them. Much better than any other band they tour with or are associated with usually.

Also I enjoy the new All Shall Perish quite a lot ;) Thanks for the heads up. In terms of -core and similar things that everyone hates, I tend to agree with you.

jd091
07-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Also I enjoy the new All Shall Perish quite a lot ;) Thanks for the heads up. In terms of -core and similar things that everyone hates, I tend to agree with you.

No problem! :fist: Yeah, even my metal friends think I'm fucking strange just because I enjoy so many different types of metal. I don't care, if it sounds good, I like it.

masterguy49
07-17-2011, 07:20 PM
No problem! :fist: Yeah, even my metal friends think I'm fucking strange just because I enjoy so many different types of metal. I don't care, if it sounds good, I like it.

Pretty much my life story. But yeah exactly, If it sounds good, I like it, regardless of what genre it is in or it's fan base. Though sometimes a fan base can kill it for me, like Suicide Silence currently, with everyone saying how their new album is album of the year :mad:
But yeah most of my real metal friends don't get me as well :lol:

illuminatus917
07-17-2011, 07:21 PM
n terms of -core and similar things that everyone hates, I tend to agree with you.

I don't understand why so many people here talk as if they're part of some lonely, lowly, "discriminated against," fanbase that likes -core. There seems to be a large number of people here who like some, if not a lot, of -core bands, and there are certainly waaay more people among the general public that like -core bands (as compared to black/doom/etc bands). You shouldn't talk like you're in a minority.

masterguy49
07-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't understand why so many people here talk as if they're part of some lonely, lowly, "discriminated against," fanbase that likes -core. There seems to be a large number of people here who like some, if not a lot, of -core bands, and there are certainly waaay more people among the general public that like -core bands (as compared to black/doom/etc bands).

Which is unfortunate cause I like all those genres more than core :lol:

But sure some people like a few -core bands here and there, but people like me, JD, and a few others like more bands than others. A lot of bands that people on here tend to hate.

jd091
07-17-2011, 08:08 PM
It's probably because I associate myself more with the death metal/tech death crowd rather than fans of -core genres. I wear Behemoth, Nile, Faceless, and Psycroptic shirts all the time! And most people here who I love and think are hilarious tend to hate -core, so I don't want to offend anyone with my tastes.

You know what? You're right. I should be proud. Hell, as I write this, I'm listening to the new Suicide Silence. And ENJOYING IT.

DethMaiden
07-17-2011, 08:13 PM
It's okay, guy. I'm persecuted for my love of hipster black metal. :dorky:

treghet
07-17-2011, 09:55 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liuq4lNole1qzr4iuo1_500.jpg

treghet
07-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Holy shit, do you know how she's doing now? :/

That I do not.

I'm dealing with a girl now who has similar issues. She's incredibly psychologically damaged and it's actually really tough for her. Straight up crazy when I look at her life in comparison to mine.

Yeah, that's the weird part. I had never known anybody with those kind of problems, so I really didn't know how to help her deal with it. I felt so bad about it all.

I'm so glad my mom isn't like that. :hecho:

idrinkwine732
07-17-2011, 10:22 PM
EDIT: Wait... I thought your parents lived in NYC?
*made

............:boohoo: Way to remind me I don't have parents anymore...
Yeah, that's the weird part. I had never known anybody with those kind of problems, so I really didn't know how to help her deal with it. I felt so bad about it all.

That's basically exactly what I'm going through now. I try to understand and she won't let me, but will constantly be angry at me for not trying to understand. It sucks because she's one of the coolest and most all around attractive people I've ever met and she's just weighed down by her traumatized past.

brutal_descent
07-17-2011, 10:49 PM
I like to associate myself with the doom/sludge/stoner scene. :)

daimonos
07-17-2011, 11:02 PM
I like to associate myself with the doom/sludge/stoner scene. :)

+1

MPF
07-17-2011, 11:03 PM
I like to associate myself with scene. :)

Yeah, that makes sense.

:tongue:

brutal_descent
07-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, that makes sense.

:bigfinger

slapguitarer
07-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah, that makes sense.

Nick_to_the_face
07-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Okay, whew. I feel better. To be honest, its just really catchy. Good lighthearted music for me to listen to, yet have a bit of groove to it.

I secretly enjoy them slightly too. Maybe its cause every girl I know loves them and I eventually began to enjoy them. Much better than any other band they tour with or are associated with usually.

WHAT :eek::eek:
the truth is coming out!!

I don't feel ashamed anymore :eyes:

jd091
07-18-2011, 10:00 AM
WHAT :eek::eek:
the truth is coming out!!

I don't feel ashamed anymore :eyes:

:fist:

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lojghyM2Kt1qmn2euo1_400.png

jd091
07-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Holy. Shit. Apparently this happened.

http://thesilvertongueonline.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/small_metalshow_atlanta.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Holy. Shit. Apparently this happened.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmu8hxDJnJ1qgx51m.png

:drool::drool::drool:

:confused:

jd091
07-18-2011, 01:00 PM
:confused:

fixed :lol:

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
fixed :lol:

I was like... What...? What am I looking at? :eek:

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 01:38 PM

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lojghyM2Kt1qmn2euo1_400.png
Best thing I've seen in a while!

Nick_to_the_face
07-18-2011, 01:40 PM

[/IMG]

I don't necessarily like them. But they do have a couple of songs I like. And Have Faith in me became me and girl friend's song :3

daimonos
07-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Recording my bands first demo

mastodon421
07-18-2011, 01:49 PM

Should I be scared?

No, they are a guilty pleasure of mine. They aren't anything groundbreaking, but their music is catchy and fun.

Nick_to_the_face
07-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Recording my bands first demo

We're actually tracking vocals right now

LAXdef16
07-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Tell us how it is. Personally, those movies had gone downhill for me. They just don't do the books justice.

Sorry, I haven't been on the computer much lately. I personally loved the movie despite there being noticeable differences than in the book. As a movie it was great, but if you just compare it to the books then it will just be a cool fantasy film for you. To be honest, I was crying throughout the film when Snape, Fred, Remus, and Tonks all died :eyes: It was a great way to end the franchise though. LONG LIVE HP!

jd091
07-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Sorry, I haven't been on the computer much lately. I personally loved the movie despite there being noticeable differences than in the book. As a movie it was great, but if you just compare it to the books then it will just be a cool fantasy film for you. To be honest, I was crying throughout the film when Snape, Fred, Remus, and Tonks all died :eyes: It was a great way to end the franchise though. LONG LIVE HP!

Yeah, I saw it last night. And David fucking Yates thinks that if you wanna make people look 19 years older, poof out their hair, give them dresses and suits, and make them a little fat. Yeah, that was fucking believable.

GarageMetal468
07-18-2011, 03:32 PM
So its the 2nd day of the 10 day family vacation in Mexico and hey, this fucking blows!

It wasnt my choice to go with. I told my family Id rather be working but they basically begged me to go with so I said screw it, this should be fun.

The resort age limit is 16 and over so I thought that I could be meeting people my age with their families and not worry about little kids. Turns out this resort is meant for couples because that's all Ive been seeing. I've seen maybe one or two people my age or my sisters age (20 and 17). This is some bullshit. Its gonna be the same shit for 8 more days. Get up, eat breakfast, go to the beach, eat lunch, more beach, eat dinner, do nothing after, repeat tomorrow. This is NOT worth missing Exhumed for, or any good stuff I'm missing back home. What's worse is that I can't find cigarettes anywhere, because I could sure use one now. Fuck this shit, I gotta last 8 more days of this boring shitfest that is a vacation.
Just needed to rant

illuminatus917
07-18-2011, 03:38 PM
The beach is fantastic if the weather's nice (not too hot or humid), but it can be a drag too, especially if that's all you're doing for 10 days. You all should drive around and go to some different places while you're down there.

christopher
07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
So its the 2nd day of the 10 day family vacation in Mexico and hey, this fucking blows!

It wasnt my choice to go with. I told my family Id rather be working but they basically begged me to go with so I said screw it, this should be fun.

The resort age limit is 16 and over so I thought that I could be meeting people my age with their families and not worry about little kids. Turns out this resort is meant for couples because that's all Ive been seeing. I've seen maybe one or two people my age or my sisters age (20 and 17). This is some bullshit. Its gonna be the same shit for 8 more days. Get up, eat breakfast, go to the beach, eat lunch, more beach, eat dinner, do nothing after, repeat tomorrow. This is NOT worth missing Exhumed for, or any good stuff I'm missing back home. What's worse is that I can't find cigarettes anywhere, because I could sure use one now. Fuck this shit, I gotta last 8 more days of this boring shitfest that is a vacation.
Just needed to rant

Ahhh I'd want to shoot myself if I couldn't find any cigarettes. Go get drunk. Find some cheep drinks, pass out by the pool in the mean time, then repeat each day:D

larvtard
07-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Just needed to rant

Hope you're at least staying at an all-inclusive resort. When I was down at one about ten years ago I just drank pina coladas all day at the swim-up bar, and peed the most I've ever peed in my life. We went to a different restaurant each night, and they were all killer. And yeah, go out and explore. Get a taxi and go to some ruins or shit.
8 days did get monotonous, but hey, just make the most of it.

GarageMetal468
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
The beach is fantastic if the weather's nice (not too hot or humid), but it can be a drag too, especially if that's all you're doing for 10 days. You all should drive around and go to some different places while you're down there.

The beach is great, don't get me wrong but staying out in the sun and swimming for 6 hours a day for 10 days is not my idea of fun. And we flew here so we can't do much about driving... In all honesty there's not much here that I would consider fun. I knew this from the beginning, I've been dragged to these family vacations at mexican resorts since I was a kid and it got boring after the 2nd time. I shouldve objected more when my family was trying to convince me to go, at least I know I didn't miss out on much when they went last year and I stayed home.

I could be drinking but it's boring doing it by myself. I really am trying to make the best of it but there's not much to do... at least the food is good. And it is all inclusive. We do have access to other resorts nearby so I could try that

jd091
07-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Ahhh I'd want to shoot myself if I couldn't find any cigarettes. Go get drunk. Find some cheep drinks, pass out by the pool in the mean time, then repeat each day:D

This, exactly. GET DRUNK OUT OF YOUR MIND. I go to Mexico every spring, and all I do is sleep on the beach and listen to metal, read books :dorky:, and drink.

And cigarettes are bad, you fools! :nonono:

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Allstate wants to protect me from Mayhem?! No! I love Mayhem! ;____;

jd091
07-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Allstate wants to protect me from Mayhem?! No! I love Mayhem! ;____;

:lol: I work for Allstate! :fist: They're very proud of those commercials.

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 04:41 PM
:lol: I work for Allstate! :fist: They're very proud of those commercials.

I won't say anything, but at least your target audience isn't a marauding pack of geckos. :hmm:

jd091
07-18-2011, 04:46 PM
I won't say anything, but at least your target audience isn't a marauding pack of geckos. :hmm:

Hey, I never said that I thought they were brilliant. To be honest, I think Geico's advertising campaign is ingenious.

Maiden33
07-18-2011, 06:04 PM
A few friends and I are working on a Maiden Tribute Project - don't want to say it's for a one-off because it could definitely lead to multiple shows, but just in our spare time for fun. We got together for the first time this past weekend and it was a great time. I'll be playing Adrian Smith's parts.

Our song list looks like this at the moment:
01 The Wicker Man
02 2 Minutes to Midnight
03 Wrathchild
04 Revelations
05 Flight of Icarus
06 Wasted Years
07 Powerslave
08 The Evil That Men Do
09 The Trooper
10 Iron Maiden
11 Hallowed Be Thy Name

That will be the "core" of the set, but we're also gonna be working on rehearsing Fear of the Dark, 22 Acacia Avenue, Moonchild, Die With Your Boots On, Losfer Words, and even possibly something else off of Somewhere In Time. There's even whispers of attempting Alexander the Great.

Triggz
07-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Standing here at Exhumed forever alone. I was the first one in the venue and there's only two other people here now...

mankvill
07-18-2011, 06:35 PM
A few friends and I are working on a Maiden Tribute Project - don't want to say it's for a one-off because it could definitely lead to multiple shows, but just in our spare time for fun. We got together for the first time this past weekend and it was a great time. I'll be playing Adrian Smith's parts.

Our song list looks like this at the moment:
01 The Wicker Man
02 2 Minutes to Midnight
03 Wrathchild
04 Revelations
05 Flight of Icarus
06 Wasted Years
07 Powerslave
08 The Evil That Men Do
09 The Trooper
10 Iron Maiden
11 Hallowed Be Thy Name

That will be the "core" of the set, but we're also gonna be working on rehearsing Fear of the Dark, 22 Acacia Avenue, Moonchild, Die With Your Boots On, Losfer Words, and even possibly something else off of Somewhere In Time. There's even whispers of attempting Alexander the Great.

Looks like a great fucking set! Maybe another sweet song from BNW? Blood Brothers? :D

jd091
07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Standing here at Exhumed forever alone. I was the first one in the venue and there's only two other people here now...

We are here with you in spirit! :fist: Hey, 3 person mosh pits are fun.

Triggz
07-18-2011, 07:10 PM
They are and it was. I just wish I would have gotten here half an hour from now.

mankvill
07-18-2011, 07:12 PM
They are and it was. I just wish I would have gotten here half an hour from now.

PUHLEEZE try and get an Exhumed setlist

treghet
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM

This.

larvtard
07-18-2011, 07:29 PM
so my dad just officially forbade me to go urban exploring anymore... between this and no more concerts, this is gonna be a pretty shitty summer :(

treghet
07-18-2011, 07:33 PM
so my dad just officially forbade me to go urban exploring anymore... between this and no more concerts, this is gonna be a pretty shitty summer :(

Your parents are fucking crazy. At least you're going to college soon.

larvtard
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Your parents are fucking crazy. At least you're going to college soon.

Yeah, can't wait for college. Honestly, they're really cool people, they're just overprotective. If you met them you wouldn't think they're crazy people.

jd091
07-18-2011, 07:37 PM

Hey, if you still got your computer, there's always WoW.

larvtard
07-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Hey, if you still got your computer, there's always WoW.

Hey, I do, but I'm not a nerd ;)

Triggz
07-18-2011, 07:43 PM

If they use one then I probably will get it haha.

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 07:43 PM

What the shit :/

masterguy49
07-18-2011, 10:37 PM
So the girl I like, just came back from South Africa and while she was over there and I talked to her, she missed me like crazy and I thought when she came back it be the best time to ask her out, but I just talked to her and I feel like she fucking hates me. Women, how do they work.

orlandodavis
07-18-2011, 10:39 PM

:(