PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

christopher
06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm going to start looking up a hotel to stay at next month near Universal Studios for the A Perfect Circle show. I know its only 35/40 minutes from my house, but I'm planning on drinking heavily with the girl I'm bringing, so I should be somewhat responsible that night. She's obsessed with Maynard and has the same drinking problem I have, where we don't want to cut ourselves off and keep going:tongue: Hopefully I can find something within walking distance of the Gibson.

Sepultura69
06-29-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm going to start looking up a hotel to stay at next month near Universal Studios for the A Perfect Circle show. I know its only 35/40 minutes from my house, but I'm planning on drinking heavily with the girl I'm bringing, so I should be somewhat responsible that night. She's obsessed with Maynard and has the same drinking problem I have, where we don't want to cut ourselves off and keep going:tongue: Hopefully I can find something within walking distance of the Gibson.

Hopefully you score, man.:rocker: :fist:

jd091
06-29-2011, 08:20 PM
I tried hookah tonight. I find it to be pretty pointless. It's like smoking a laffy taffy.

Yeah... it kind of is. I still do it, though :D Try peach flavors, they're my fav.

larvtard
06-29-2011, 08:24 PM
I tried hookah tonight. I find it to be pretty pointless. It's like smoking a laffy taffy.

:lol: I've never tried it, but that's a hilarious description.

Wizzbang11
06-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Weed and crack are the only things I understand smoking.

jd091
06-29-2011, 08:53 PM
crack

wut

Wizzbang11
06-29-2011, 08:53 PM
wut

Understand, not support.

BloodoftheKings
06-29-2011, 08:55 PM
wut

In the words of Sleazy p. Martini
"It's okay. Gwar does it all the time."

Wizzbang11
06-29-2011, 08:57 PM
In the words of Sleazy p. Martini
"It's okay. Gwar does it all the time."

Or that.

9 tons of crack-a-day!!

BloodoftheKings
06-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Or that.

9 tons of crack-a-day!!

It's up my butt, the USA!

jd091
06-29-2011, 09:15 PM
My one friend, who happens to be a rather good looking girl, just posted on her facebook status, "Hell is empty and the devils are here!"

I'm strongly considering posting a link to some Anaal Nathrakh, to make sure she knows what's going through my head right now ;)

:shred::rocker::shred::rocker:

christopher
06-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Hopefully you score, man.:rocker: :fist:

haha thanks man. I just booked a room at a Motel 6 in Van Nuys for $60. It's only 10 miles away but thats not bad. Its definitely going to be a great night :D

rjturtle9
06-30-2011, 02:08 AM
haha thanks man. I just booked a room at a Motel 6 in Van Nuys for $60. It's only 10 miles away but thats not bad. Its definitely going to be a great night :D

If you don't get laid, we are no longer buddies!

larvtard
06-30-2011, 06:15 AM
My one friend, who happens to be a rather good looking girl, just posted on her facebook status, "Hell is empty and the devils are here!"

I'm strongly considering posting a link to some Anaal Nathrakh, to make sure she knows what's going through my head right now ;)

:shred::rocker::shred::rocker:

You know that's a Shakespeare quote, right?

jd091
06-30-2011, 06:44 AM
You know that's a Shakespeare quote, right?

Yeah, I know. I'm not retarded. But Anaal Nathrakh > Shakespeare imao

ShatteredFlame
06-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Just got an on the phone job interview with Home Depot.....blew my mind. Like seriously, it transfers you from one automated voice messaging systems to another, asking you questions on the way. Then at the end(2 minutes in) I finally get transferred to an actual human and she sounded so high, her voice just kept becoming more and more incoherent. Sometimes she was yelling and other times she spoke so low that I couldn't hear :lol:. I was offered a job but the hours sucked 8PM-12AM MON-FRI , no can do. But great wake up call.

brutal_descent
06-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Fucking horrified, apparently these are the top ten most popular bands this week in Russia (Last.FM stats):

1) Limp Bizkit
2) Muse (Approve of)
3) Linkin Park
4) Radiohead (Approve of)
5) Placebo (Approve of)
6) The Beatles (Approve of)
7) Nirvana (Approve of)
8) Depeche Mode (Approve of)
9) System of a Down (Approve of)
10) Red Hot Chili Peppers (Approve of... reluctantly)

Never mind Linkin Park, how the fuck is Bizkit #1?

mastodon421
06-30-2011, 10:25 AM
My Last FM stopped scrobbiling randomly. Anyone know how to fix this?

edit: Nevermind I figured it out.

jd091
06-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Never mind Linkin Park, how the fuck is Bizkit #1?

communism tends to get western music later, I guess :dorky:

My Last FM stopped scrobbiling randomly. Anyone know how to fix this?

I had a problem similarly a couple weeks ago. Make sure your computer's timezone and time are set up correctly. At least that was my problem.

masterguy49
06-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm not retarded.
Really? ;)

jd091
06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Really? ;)

http://files.myopera.com/drlaunch/albums/37656/ya-rly001.jpg

larvtard
06-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Just got an on the phone job interview with Home Depot.....blew my mind. Like seriously, it transfers you from one automated voice messaging systems to another, asking you questions on the way. Then at the end(2 minutes in) I finally get transferred to an actual human and she sounded so high, her voice just kept becoming more and more incoherent. Sometimes she was yelling and other times she spoke so low that I couldn't hear :lol:. I was offered a job but the hours sucked 8PM-12AM MON-FRI , no can do. But great wake up call.

meh, beggars can't be choosers man. I've worked that shift many a time before; personally I don't like it because there aren't many customers and I'm left to basically blocking shelves, but it's better than staying at home.

jd091
06-30-2011, 11:27 AM
meh, beggars can't be choosers man. I've worked that shift many a time before; personally I don't like it because there aren't many customers and I'm left to basically blocking shelves, but it's better than staying at home.

Conflicts with potential future concerts... I wouldn't take it unless I had to.

ShatteredFlame
06-30-2011, 11:28 AM
The real problem is I got some back problems (scoliosis) and the job will require heavy lifting/building/operating machinery. I probably got a call since I wrote on the application that I worked stage for my school's plays and did similar stuff, I did that in junior year but hated it due to a lot of heavy lifting which really took a toll on my back. So I didn't go back senior year.

Plus nights are the best parts of this summer. :tongue:

idrinkwine732
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I felt like a return to form for my avatar was necessary.

brutal_descent
06-30-2011, 02:02 PM
I felt like a return to form for my avatar was necessary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the new Cormorant?

idrinkwine732
06-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the new Cormorant?

Not new, but yeah, it's Metazoa.

brutal_descent
06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Not new, but yeah, it's Metazoa.

Not enough of a fan to know, but awesome choice! ;) :fist:

MPF
06-30-2011, 04:27 PM
The greatest 17 seconds ever. Dream Vs. Reality. What do you choose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQmej9MfHJc

Wizzbang11
06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
The greatest 17 seconds ever. Dream Vs. Reality. What do you choose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQmej9MfHJc

Both of those are painful to listen too :(

jd091
06-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Both of those are painful to listen too :(

Painfully bliss, you mean.

And reality wins; no contest!

larvtard
06-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Plus nights are the best parts of this summer. :tongue:

I wouldn't know...I thought you were a social recluse like me :bouville:

But yeah, concerts.

ShatteredFlame
06-30-2011, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't know...I thought you were a social recluse like me :bouville:

But yeah, concerts.

meh...text a bunch of close friends and set up something. It's not that hard.

larvtard
06-30-2011, 06:10 PM

I know. You don't have to tell me that ;)

masterguy49
06-30-2011, 06:42 PM

That's his problem though :tongue:

larvtard
06-30-2011, 06:50 PM
That's his problem though :tongue:

:tp:

masterguy49
06-30-2011, 07:30 PM
:tp:

:hug:

larvtard
06-30-2011, 07:59 PM
My Favorite Things: Slayer's Kerry King
My Favorite Things; SPIN Interview

FAVORITE SONG:
"'Becoming' by Pantera. Whenever you get asked a question like that this, the answer is whatever comes to mind first. But it's Pantera and [guitarist] Dimebag Darrell was my boy. It’s one of my favorite Pantera tunes."

FAVORITE ALBUM:
"AC/DC live with Bon Scott, but I did see the movie Beyond The Thunder, and it seems like he would be a cool dude to party with!"

FAVORITE WEBSITE:
"Moreliapythons.com. Because I am a better snake breeder than I am a guitar player!"

FAVORITE TV SHOW:
"Family Guy. It’s just intelligent comedy. Some of it is so fast paced, I sometimes have to rewind and figure out why it’s so funny."

FAVORITE MOVIE:
"Seven. It's a real heady horror flick."

FAVORITE FOOD:
"Blue Cheese crusted Filet Mignon. Because it’s delicious!"

FAVORITE RESTAURANT:
"St. Elmos in Indianapolis and Dickie Brennan in New Orleans. It’s fun when you are on tour to go a place you are familiar with in any given city. It’s like being home away form home."

FAVORITE DRUG:
"I don’t do drugs, but I am the town drunk! Period."

FAVORITE VIDEO GAME:
"Angry Birds. It’s a great tour time consumer and I play it so often I got Gary Holt hooked on it!"

FAVORITE GADGET:
"Smartphone. Without one I couldn't play Angry Birds."

FAVORITE BOOK:
"NOT the Holy Bible!"

FAVORITE STORE:
"Best Buy. I heard recently they are downsizing and I got sad! I remember when Circuit City was around, I never understood why people would shop there. I always thought Best Buy had a better selection and cheaper prices."

FAVORITE PET:
"My snakes. It's a great pet to have if you're a touring musician because they don’t need daily care."

FAVORITE CELEBRITY:
"Ryan Reynolds. How can you go wrong with Van Wilder! Just watched it again last night."

FAVORITE PIECE OF MUSICAL GEAR:
"My Marshall Signature Amp. I helped design it. In the crazy world of touring if something gets stuck at customs, I can do a show with just my amp!"

FAVORITE KEEPSAKE:
"Original artwork of Christ Illusion. It was the first record that Dave did with us since he had been back and the first art we had Larry Carrol do for us since Seasons! Thought it was a cool thing to purchase."

FAVORITE ESSENTIAL ITEM FOR TOURING:
"Alcohol. Enough said."

FAVORITE WAY TO PASS TIME ON THE ROAD:
"Alcohol. Enough said."

FAVORITE MANTRA/QUOTE/PIECE OF ADVICE:
"Christians are out of their minds."

FAVORITE PLACE ON EARTH:
"Australia. Because I am a reptile breeder that specializes in Carpet pythons that are from Australia. Being an island continent, their wildlife is so much better than anywhere else in the world."

FAVORITE PIECE OF CLOTHING:
"Camouflage pants or shorts. I'm always wearing them. I think it started when I was on a charter fight with Pantera years back. I had a bottle of vodka in one pocket and a bottle of orange juice in the other. I was like a walking bar!"

FAVORITE PICK-UP LINE:
"I never needed one."

FAVORITE BODY PART:
"Tits!"

FAVORITE LIE:
"Jesus died for our sins. Now that’s a great ending!"

Lol what a dumbass.

Nick_to_the_face
06-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Holy shit it feels like forever since i've been on here :eek:

jd091
07-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Just had a crazy dream.

For some reason, Dave Davidson from Revocation was playing guitar for Gorguts, and for some other reason, I was supposed to play live with them. At the time, I was wearing my Revocation shirt, and was all proud of it, trying to show it off to Dave. He kept being super un-interested in me, and not caring that I had his band's shirt on. I got really sad and started to cry. Then I woke up, very depressed for some reason.

:(

brutal_descent
07-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Just had a crazy dream.

For some reason, Dave Davidson from Revocation was playing guitar for Gorguts, and for some other reason, I was supposed to play live with them. At the time, I was wearing my Revocation shirt, and was all proud of it, trying to show it off to Dave. He kept being super un-interested in me, and not caring that I had his band's shirt on. I got really sad and started to cry. Then I woke up, very depressed for some reason.

There's many fish in the sea, man. ;)

Ape
07-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Worked until 4 am and had to be back at work by 1 pm today. Lack of sleep sucks but I love being off by 9 pm and only working 8 hours.

larvtard
07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Worked until 4 am and had to be back at work by 1 pm today. Lack of sleep sucks but I love being off by 9 pm and only working 8 hours.

Haha I hate 8-hour shifts (excluding hour break)

jd091
07-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Just had a crazy dream.

Oh God, I don't even remember this dream now! Good thing I recorded it the second I woke up.

Ape
07-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Haha I hate 8-hour shifts (excluding hour break)

I normally work a ten hour shift ( 5:30 pm to 4 am) but with the impending holiday they bump us up to 1 pm and we work a straight 8 with no break.

Most of the time I will use this forum is from my phone while I work

larvtard
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
I normally work a ten hour shift ( 5:30 pm to 4 am) but with the impending holiday they bump us up to 1 pm and we work a straight 8 with no break.

Most of the time I will use this forum is from my phone while I work

Oh fuck. Where do you work? I'm just a part-time bagger, so I never work more than 5 and a half hours without at least a half hour break

Ape
07-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh fuck. Where do you work? I'm just a part-time bagger, so I never work more than 5 and a half hours without at least a half hour break

Meyer tool Inc

I machine aircraft engine parts so that they don't over heat the engine when it is put together.

larvtard
07-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Meyer tool Inc

I machine aircraft engine parts so that they don't over heat the engine when it is put together.

Oh gotcha. Don't fuck up or hundreds of people's blood will be on your hands! ;)

Ape
07-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Oh gotcha. Don't fuck up or hundreds of people's blood will be on your hands! ;)

Oops! Too late.....
:cool:

Travis The Dragon
07-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Well, we finally have a reason to put the air conditioners in!
http://shareimage.org/images/p1vvubxdayi3liim72g.jpg

MPF
07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Well, we finally have a reason to put the air conditioners in!
http://shareimage.org/images/p1vvubxdayi3liim72g.jpg

I take it you forgot a couple weeks ago when it hit 104 degrees here? Minneapolis/St. Paul was the hottest place in the USA for one full day.

idrinkwine732
07-01-2011, 01:41 PM
It's sitting at 88 degrees here and it's absolutely beautiful. Bay Area is awesome in the summer.

BloodoftheKings
07-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I take it you forgot a couple weeks ago when it hit 104 degrees here? Minneapolis/St. Paul was the hottest place in the USA for one full day.

keep in mind your talking to fonz.

Travis The Dragon
07-01-2011, 03:25 PM

:lol:

Ya, for some reason we were too lazy to put them in.

MPF
07-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Touche'

Triggz
07-01-2011, 05:30 PM
le first post ever.

What's up guys? My name is Alex and I'm from the Mayhem Forums (now known as Metal Uprising). I've been there for four years, and I'm branching out to this place. I'm one of Wine/Slap/Razor's friends. Favorite band is The Haunted. I come in peace.

I like everything from shoegaze to deathgrind... particularly stoner/sludge metal.

slapguitarer
07-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Favorite bands is The Haunted.

:dorky:

Triggz
07-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Chut up!

idrinkwine732
07-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Your post count will be over 75 by this time next week.

Triggz
07-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm hoping so. Is posting images (the code) here the same as it is back in the land of Mayhem?

Ape
07-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey triggz, when is that Manson tour?

zombieflavoredcupcakes
07-01-2011, 06:08 PM
hai im Bianca :) im from the mayhem forums too
i know some people here already form there

evildeadjedi
07-01-2011, 06:28 PM
particularly stoner/sludge metal.

:rocker:

mankvill
07-01-2011, 07:01 PM

Welcome!

Seems like we've gotten an influx of some new users over the past few days. Make yourselves at home!

LAXdef16
07-01-2011, 07:18 PM

Hey Bianca!

zombieflavoredcupcakes
07-01-2011, 07:25 PM
hey lax :)

BloodoftheKings
07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I've been having trouble falling asleep lately so I figured I'd look up some tips on the internet. I found a list of things that included tips such as:

-Just do it
-have sex
-stop surfing the internet

The internet is no help sometimes.

MPF
07-01-2011, 10:22 PM
-have sex by yourself or with someone

I found it to be Nature's Ambien.

jd091
07-01-2011, 11:16 PM

That's a strange name for a guy. :confused:

idrinkwine732
07-01-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm about to hear new Giant Squid tunes.

brutal_descent
07-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm about to hear new Giant Squid tunes.

I'm jelly. My arrival date got pushed back to July 7th, so I wouldn't make it anyway. :mad:

jd091
07-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I've been having trouble falling asleep lately so I figured I'd look up some tips on the internet. I found a list of things that included tips such as:

-Just do it
-have sex

I absolutely hate that. Either:

1. Try reading a book
2. Listen to a book on tape/on iPod
3. Listen to some classical music

Whatever you do, don't listen to metal. It'll just keep you up. I regularly listen to books on tape, and always find that closing your eyes and laying in the dark while listening gets your mind off wandering, and makes you surprisingly tired very fast.

zombieflavoredcupcakes
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
books are miracles in illegally downloaded EPUB form :)

Triggz
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Ape, I'm still waiting... as are all of the fans.

Bianca, welcome and I love you.

Jedi, fuck yes. Cult of Luna is probably my favorite, although it's hard to decide.

Mank, I love the GI Joe PSA edits. Greatest things I've ever seen. Porkchop Sandwiches!

and LAX, hi again. Haha

larvtard
07-02-2011, 06:57 AM

-Just do it
-have sex

Oh shit man. I have the same problem. Life-long insomniac here.

Can you not turn your brain off? Same with me. What you need to do is, as jd said, read a book. Read until your eyelids become heavy and start closing. You're tired. Turn off your light now.

Also, something that's helped me over the past few weeks is the knowledge that humans just don't need that much sleep to begin with. As long as you get at least 5.5 hrs, you'll be able to function at 100% the next day. Honestly, it is these negative sleep thoughts (I'm never gonna fall asleep) that are the true criminal here. And don't keep tossing and turning in bed, get out and go for a walk if you're having trouble falling asleep.

One of the most important things to consider is a sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every single day. I've been getting up at 9 every day for the past few days, haven't noticed anything yet except that I'm really tired during the day, but hopefully after a week or so it'll become easier for me to fall asleep at night.

BloodoftheKings
07-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Oh shit man. I have the same problem. Life-long insomniac here.

Can you not turn your brain off? Same with me. What you need to do is, as jd said, read a book. Read until your eyelids become heavy and start closing. You're tired. Turn off your light now.

Also, something that's helped me over the past few weeks is the knowledge that humans just don't need that much sleep to begin with. As long as you get at least 5.5 hrs, you'll be able to function at 100% the next day. Honestly, it is these negative sleep thoughts (I'm never gonna fall asleep) that are the true criminal here. And don't keep tossing and turning in bed, get out and go for a walk if you're having trouble falling asleep.

One of the most important things to consider is a sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every single day. I've been getting up at 9 every day for the past few days, haven't noticed anything yet except that I'm really tired during the day, but hopefully after a week or so it'll become easier for me to fall asleep at night.

It seems like we have the same problem. When i'm in bed I keep tossing and turning and I just cant stop thinking. The past week I haven't been able to sleep until 3 am. I'm trying to wake up earlier everyday til I can regularly wake up at 9 am. I hate not getting up til noon. You feel like you just wasted a day.

larvtard
07-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Well I actually enjoy sleeping in, but it's a sacrifice that must be made. During the school year I went to bed at 12 and woke up at 7 during the week, then during the weekend went to sleep 2-3 and woke up at 11-12. That fucked up my sleep patterns so much. I've been sleeping a little better this summer, but I still have nights like those.

daimonos
07-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Whatever you do, don't listen to metal.

I listen to metal in bed every night and never have any problems sleeping. Been doing so for years.

jd091
07-02-2011, 09:10 AM
I listen to metal in bed every night and never have any problems sleeping. Been doing so for years.

I mean, I usually do, but if I'm listening to something heavy (not like Enslaved or Agalloch or whatnot) I find that I get energized and end up listening to way more than I should.

A couple nights ago, for example. I'm about to fall asleep and I throw on One With the Underdogs by Terror. Before I know it, I'm up an hour and a half later than I intended and I've listened to 3 full Terror albums. So from my experience, metal isn't necessarily conducive to me sleeping.

jd091
07-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Well I actually enjoy sleeping in, but it's a sacrifice that must be made. During the school year I went to bed at 12 and woke up at 7 during the week, then during the weekend went to sleep 2-3 and woke up at 11-12. That fucked up my sleep patterns so much. I've been sleeping a little better this summer, but I still have nights like those.

I fall asleep around 12:30-1 every night and wake up at 7 for work. It was tiring the first week, but now I've adapted I think. :lol: That's all the sleep I really need to function. During school, I'll fall asleep between 3:30 and 4 every night, and wake up at 11:30 for classes. ;)

ShatteredFlame
07-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I am really contemplating seeing that The Tree of Life movie sometime this week. It might be fantastic, but it might be really boring. I think I'll go see it alone because it would pain me if the people I brought with me were bored out of their minds. :eyes:

GarageMetal468
07-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Sweet, if everything goes as planned I'll be getting my friend's drum set after work tonight and a double bass pedal from another friend! I'm trying to get another friend's drum set as well to combine the 2 but double bass is what I'm concerned about the most.

Sepultura69
07-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Enjoying the day off, finally. Waiting on some friends to come pick me up and then we're heading to Venice beach to chill. Not to mention they also have hash bars to lounge at :stoned:

Butcher of Birth
07-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Well earlier in the Gothenburg airport, I was meeting Bruce.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264460_1421359590479_1727392567_657612_6733702_n.j pg

Wizzbang11
07-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Well earlier in the Gothenburg airport, I was meeting Bruce.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264460_1421359590479_1727392567_657612_6733702_n.j pg

Youre a chick!?1?!1

ChildrenofSodom
07-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I haven't been around here much lately, which sucks because I can't discover new music if I'm not seeking it out. I came across Powerwolf, Falconer, Swan King, and 40 Watt Sun today. I also need to buy the new In Flames, which I finally had the time to listen to today.

Anyway, I started a new job two weeks ago. I'm doing research/data entry/analysis at a nonpartisan thinktank. Plus I'm about to jump onto two other polisci research projects (paid). All of that on top of my duties as Editor-in-Chief of the polisci journal at OSU, working out, reading leisurely, and spending time with my family. Its going to be a busy summer....

But hey, I get to buy myself a beer in two weeks, so its all good. :D

mankvill
07-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Falconer

:bouville:

still upset...

Natrlhi
07-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Jedi, fuck yes. Cult of Luna is probably my favorite, although it's hard to decide.I definitely wouldn't call Cult of Luna stoner/sludge, but I would certainly call them fucking awesome (they're Post Metal in my book).

Anyway, welcome. :metal:

Triggz
07-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Fair enough. I frequently allow Post metal and Sludge to merge in my mind lol.

And thanks, I plan to stay. This place is awesome.:rocker:

slapguitarer
07-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Reminiscing in the glory that was last night :bowdown:

Also, trying to figure out where to put all my Comorant stickers

jd091
07-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Just sayin', this has to be one of the worst put together lists I've ever seen. Top 50 albums of the first half of 2011, from Guitar World.

http://www.guitarworld.com/guitar-worlds-50-best-albums-first-half-2011#slide-1

Let me spare you the shit:

#10- Asking Alexandria
#12 -Children of Bodom
#13 - Morbid Angel :lol:
#18 - Black Veil Brides
#40 - Winds of Plague

I want to fucking write a letter to guitar world to tell them how stupid they are. The new Amon Amarth and Scale the Summit were 42 and 43, respectively, below all that other shit. How out of touch can you be with music? Not to mention a whole world of other great metal albums that weren't included. Fuck that magazine.

Triggz
07-02-2011, 01:59 PM
What a fail of a list.

I love WOP, but the new album blew. Asking Alexandria... well that doesn't deserve anything more than a 200 slot.

And as for Morbid... wow.

/Killacop

larvtard
07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Youre a chick!?1?!1

No, he's a guy. But he looks like a chick ;)

BloodoftheKings
07-02-2011, 03:24 PM
#10- Asking Alexandria
#12 -Children of Bodom
#13 - Morbid Angel :lol:
#18 - Black Veil Brides
#40 - Winds of Plague

truth

brutal_descent
07-02-2011, 03:30 PM
/Killacop

*/Killercult

Despite how similar the two sound, it's killer cult, not kill a cop. :D

Triggz
07-02-2011, 03:37 PM
*/Killercult

Despite how similar the two sound, it's killer cult, not kill a cop. :D

Oh hush, I know. Lemme have my fun... gawd :P

jd091
07-02-2011, 03:38 PM
What a fail of a list.

I love WOP, but the new album blew. Asking Alexandria... well that doesn't deserve anything more than a 200 slot.

And as for Morbid... wow.

/Killacop

Asking Alexandria are the worst band. Ever. Not a 50 slot, not a 200 slot, not a 1,000,000 slot. They deserve no slot. They are the worst. No debate.

brutal_descent
07-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Oh hush, I know. Lemme have my fun... gawd :P

YOU SHALL HAVE NO FUN PERTAINING MORBID ANGEL, INSOLENT FOOL

Triggz
07-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I personally think BOTDF is the worst band ever, but I have no objections with AA having no slot :lol:

Triggz
07-02-2011, 03:40 PM
YOU SHALL HAVE NO FUN PERTAINING MORBID ANGEL, INSOLENT FOOL

http://files.sharenator.com/okay_face_RE_Highest_Rated_Post_Ever-s251x239-156794-580.jpg

brutal_descent
07-02-2011, 03:42 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/okay_face_RE_Highest_Rated_Post_Ever-s251x239-156794-580.jpg

I like you already ;)

Triggz
07-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Good haha

brutal_descent
07-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Tried sushi today for the first time. Tasted like complete shit. :barf:

jd091
07-02-2011, 03:49 PM
I like you already ;)

This

jd091
07-02-2011, 03:50 PM
OH SHIT

I passed 2,000 posts without even realizing it :lol:

Butcher of Birth
07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Youre a chick!?1?!1

Indeed it is, MY chick.

Wizzbang11
07-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Indeed it is.

Why aren't you harassed every few threads...

masterguy49
07-02-2011, 05:15 PM
In my hotel in Atlanta :D

evildeadjedi
07-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Jedi, fuck yes. Cult of Luna is probably my favorite, although it's hard to decide.

I once saw Cult of Luna open for Mastodon at Bogart's in Cincy and they put them to shame. :eek::eek:

evildeadjedi
07-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I found it to be Nature's Ambien.

It makes you hallucinate and think your walls are breathing? :eyes: I've had my eyes roll back in my head several times but never once has it caused me to hallucinate.

Triggz
07-02-2011, 06:38 PM
I once saw Cult of Luna open for Mastodon at Bogart's in Cincy and they put them to shame. :eek::eek:

Jesus Christ on Ice for a limited time only, when the fuck was this tour?!:eek:

larvtard
07-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Jesus Christ on Ice for a limited time only

:lol::lol::lol:

evildeadjedi
07-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Jesus Christ on Ice for a limited time only, when the fuck was this tour?!:eek:

5/2/05
US - Milwaukee WI - The Rave Bar
w/ Mastodon, Death by Stereo

5/3/05
US - Chicago IL - Bottom Lounge

5/4/05
US - Grand Rapids MI - Intersection

5/5/05 :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
US - Cincinnati OH - Bogarts

5/6/05
US - Detroit MI - Harpo’s

5/7/05
US - Cleveland OH - Grog Shop

5/8/05
US - Buffalo NY - Icon
w/ Death by Stereo

5/9/05
US - Philadelphia PA - Theatre of Living Arts

5/10/05
US - Latham NY - Saratoga Winners

5/11/05
US - Worcester MA - Palladium

5/12/05
US - New York NY - Bowery Ballroom

5/13/05
US - Sayreville NJ - Starland Ballroom

5/14/05
US - Towson MD - Recher Theatre

5/16/05
US - Richmond VA - Alley Katz

5/17/05
US - Carrboro NC - Cat's Cradle

5/18/05
US - Jacksonville FL - Jack Rabbit's

5/19/05
US - Lake Buena FL - House of Blues (orl)

5/20/05
US - St Petersburg FL - State Theater

5/21/05
US - Atlanta GA - The Masquerade

Triggz
07-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Hmm... no AZ date. Makes me feel less upset.

Still I missed it... feelsbadman

evildeadjedi
07-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Hmm... no AZ date. Makes me feel less upset.

Still I missed it... feelsbadman

I know what ya mean I hate when I miss good shows. :(

mankvill
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Two things I'm worried about when seeing Ben Folds in a week:

1. Not a big deal, but I don't think I'll be seeing any songs that I haven't seen before. I'm not too afraid of him just doing a "LOL HITS" setlist anytime soon, but the last time I saw him at this venue the crowd was terrible, so they might only respond to lol hits

2. He's going to do his fucking cover of that fucking Kesha song and I am really not looking forward to it. It's dumb. His cover of that Dr. Dre song was dumb, too.

MPF
07-02-2011, 10:22 PM
*Edited* Wrong thread,

but I think I found the next big internet sensation:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264993_10150247329089106_503154105_7188084_4333561 _n.jpg

mankvill
07-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Devin Townsend, Obscura, Septic Flesh, and some bad band that used to be good is headlining.

TUESDAY NIGHT, I GET TO MEET MY HERO HEVY DEVY!

Tuesday, Tuesday, gotta get down on Tuesday

zombieflavoredcupcakes
07-02-2011, 10:24 PM
2. He's going to do his fucking cover of that fucking Kesha song and I am really not looking forward to it. It's dumb.

:hecho:

MPF
07-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Tuesday, Tuesday, gotta get down on Tuesday

There's gotta be a day that's catchier then that to sing about...

No you're right.

mankvill
07-03-2011, 02:19 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270561_2009127986444_1191030122_32073846_7412591_n .jpg

FUCK I AM SO EXCITED

Also you can't really tell but I'm wearing my Celtic Frost shirt that I bought at their concert <3

makethemsuffer12
07-03-2011, 02:28 PM
James Hetfield's wearing a Ghost shirt in this interview from the Big 4 show in Sweden from today. Just thought some people here would find that interesting.

Wizzbang11
07-03-2011, 02:31 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270561_2009127986444_1191030122_32073846_7412591_n .jpg

FUCK I AM SO EXCITED

Also you can't really tell but I'm wearing my Celtic Frost shirt that I bought at their concert <3

I got my ticket b4 u

mankvill
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I got my ticket b4 u

way to hold up the tickets getting out, you e-check using motherfucker

Crionics
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM

FUCK I AM SO EXCITED

Loveee that shirt, I'm thinking about getting one like that too.

mankvill
07-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Loveee that shirt, I'm thinking about getting one like that too.

It was the first shirt I ever bought at a concert, and it was my first metal concert. :lovedup:

Wizzbang11
07-03-2011, 02:39 PM
way to hold up the tickets getting out, you e-check using motherfucker

not my fault paypal forces me to cause week long delays on concert ticket distribution because I have some sort of S8 account without any card attached.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270749_2204950089480_1419222609_2491035_2598009_n. jpg. You somehow beat me # wise even though I got mine first :mad:

mankvill
07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey BrutalDescent, a thought just crossed my mind:

Why haven't you seen Nokturnal Mortum live? :mad:

ShatteredFlame
07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I started following Curren$y 3 days ago on twitter. Never before have I seen a bigger pro-weed activist :eyes:. Seriously, nothing but him influencing fans to smoke weed to his music, and fans posting pictures of smoking weed to his music. It's fucked up.

DethMaiden
07-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Just got back to the United States after a bunch of sleepless travel. Not reading through shit on here, so if someone directed something at me in a thread, tell me, I guess.

evildeadjedi
07-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Just got back to the United States after a bunch of sleepless travel. Not reading through shit on here, so if someone directed something at me in a thread, tell me, I guess.

Welcome back to the states Brad!

I poked fun at you reading "Atlas Shrugged" back in 2007 and loving it. :D

DethMaiden
07-03-2011, 04:07 PM
You know, I still hate Ayn Rand less than I should. Not as keen on her as I was in 2007, but I think you can pick through her philosophy and find a lot of stuff that's sorely missing in liberal idealism.

Then again, I hate helping people and I love money. :eyes:

es156
07-03-2011, 05:45 PM

We all hate you because you got to meet Tony Iommi. Other than that, business as usual.

Triggz
07-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Standing front row at DKM. They don't even go on till ten...ugh.

Twenty six song set :rocker:

zombieflavoredcupcakes
07-03-2011, 09:16 PM
watching me some True Blood:lovedup:

BloodoftheKings
07-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I started following Curren$y 3 days ago on twitter. Never before have I seen a bigger pro-weed activist :eyes:. Seriously, nothing but him influencing fans to smoke weed to his music, and fans posting pictures of smoking weed to his music. It's fucked up.

I hate to sound like a soccer mom but if an artist tells their fans to smoke weed that is pretty fucked up. It's ok to talk about these kind of things in your songs but telling your fans to do it is really crossing the line. Sure anyone who listens to Curren$y is probably already smokes pot but still. 2 good friends of mine are big Curren$y fans, I don't like him very much. I think stoner rap as a whole is pretty retarded, and by stoner rap I mean Wiz Khalifa and the like, Cypress Hill is awesome.

christopher
07-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I hate to sound like a soccer mom but if an artist tells their fans to smoke weed that is pretty fucked up. It's ok to talk about these kind of things in your songs but telling your fans to do it is really crossing the line. Sure anyone who listens to Curren$y is probably already smokes pot but still. 2 good friends of mine are big Curren$y fans, I don't like him very much. I think stoner rap as a whole is pretty retarded, and by stoner rap I mean Wiz Khalifa and the like, Cypress Hill is awesome.

Wow...you guys are taking it way too seriously. In the end, it is completely up to the fans decision to smoke the weed or not. Telling someone to smoke weed is definitely not crossing the line because that person can just say no and thats that. There are a lot of metal bands that will tell their fans to go kill/rape people and other stupud shit, but we all know its out of humor.

larvtard
07-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Wow...you guys are taking it way too seriously. In the end, it is completely up to the fans decision to smoke the weed or not. Telling someone to smoke weed is definitely not crossing the line because that person can just say no and thats that. There are a lot of metal bands that will tell their fans to go kill/rape people and other stupud shit, but we all know its out of humor.

yeah, I don't really see how it's "crossing the line" per se... it is kind of immature and stupid, but not really "crossing the line" or anything.

Wizzbang11
07-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm entertained by bands that encourage hardcore drug use among their fans, especially if they are serious about it. Promoting pot is boring, but I'm glad they are still encouraging fans to break the law. Rock n roll spirit rules.

BloodoftheKings
07-03-2011, 09:54 PM
yeah, I don't really see how it's "crossing the line" per se... it is kind of immature and stupid, but not really "crossing the line" or anything.

This is pretty much how I feel. Maybe "crossing the line" was a bad choice of words but yeah, it's pretty retarded.

BloodoftheKings
07-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm entertained by bands that encourage hardcore drug use among their fans, especially if they are serious about it. Promoting pot is boring, but I'm glad they are still encouraging fans to break the law. Rock n roll spirit rules.

What bands are these?

Wizzbang11
07-03-2011, 10:02 PM
What bands are these?

Anal Cunt, the Murder Junkies, Call the Paramedics, plenty of bands that play "scumpunk" or various other genres with nihilistic or libertine tendencies. I like danger in music, be it actual violence, drugs or other chaotic illegal behavior. Keeps things interesting.

El Gordo
07-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Metal bands have been encouraging kids to get high since the beginning... Kiling Yourself To Live... "get high"... badass riff... kids get high...

larvtard
07-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Wondering why some people lack common sense/street smarts. One of my managers at work tonight said "I've worked with you for a long time; you're a borderline genius but you have absolutely no common sense." Funny thing is, I see exactly where he's coming from. Now I'm just wondering why it is so. Is it due to my ADHD? Overprotective parents?

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Hey BrutalDescent, a thought just crossed my mind:

Why haven't you seen Nokturnal Mortum live? :mad:

Uh, do you assume all Slavic bands to constantly perform in Moscow? Not even Arkona plays here that much.

Triggz
07-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Dropkick has dethroned ADTR as the best show of the year so far. Holy SHIT.

Review and many pics up tomorrow.

ShatteredFlame
07-04-2011, 07:34 AM

Yeah I don't really care since it is people's decision, I just find it fucking stupid that people would freely post evidence (pictures) that they smoke weed on one of the most popular sites ever. I know tons and tons of my friends (on facebook) smoke weed, but the worst I've seen is pics of smoking hookah. But whatever, it's their fault if a post on twitter comes back to bite them in the ass.

ChildrenofSodom
07-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Bands that sing exclusively about pot, like Kottonmouth Kings, are a waste of space and need to tie themselves to trees before they burn them.

BloodoftheKings
07-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Bands that sing exclusively about pot, like Kottonmouth Kings, are a waste of space and need to tie themselves to trees before they burn them.

This. If marijuana is supposed to make people creative how come artist who pride themselves on smoking weed everyday can write lyrics about anything but smoking weed everyday?

jd091
07-04-2011, 08:31 AM

This. If marijuana is supposed to make people creative how come artist who pride themselves on smoking weed everyday can write lyrics about anything but smoking weed everyday?

SLEEP

Your arguments are invalid.

BloodoftheKings
07-04-2011, 08:37 AM
SLEEP

Your arguments are invalid.

Lyrics aren't the focus of sleeps music, it was mainly directed at generic stoner rappers.

jd091
07-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Lyrics aren't the focus of sleeps music, it was mainly directed at generic stoner rappers.

Oh, in that case I totally understand.

christopher
07-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I have to work 5:30 to 10:15 then come back into work at 6am tomorrow morning:bouville: I can't celebrate the 4th...

Back to the drug related debate..There are a lot of great musicians that were able to be more creative than most of you could ever be and they were strung out on heroin or on some other hard shit. Dax Riggs, Stza Crack, Mike Williams are a few that come to mind. Theres a lot more big names of course but I don't feel like listing them.

mankvill
07-04-2011, 12:57 PM
@DaveMustaine Dave Mustaine
We are trying out a brand new song from the new Megadeth album in tonight's set! Hamburg, get ready for "Public Enemy".

makethemsuffer12
07-04-2011, 01:15 PM
@DaveMustaine Dave Mustaine
We are trying out a brand new song from the new Megadeth album in tonight's set! Hamburg, get ready for "Public Enemy".

YEEEEEEEAAAAA BOIIIIIIII

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 02:03 PM
YEEEEEEEAAAAA BOIIIIIIII

FREEZE

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO

:allan:

MPF
07-04-2011, 02:08 PM
SOUL ON ROLL BUT YOU TREAT IT LIKE SOAP ON A ROPE CAUSE THE BEATS ON THE LINES ARE SO DOPE!

BloodoftheKings
07-04-2011, 02:48 PM
BASE

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO

fixed

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 02:54 PM
fixed

Damn, I'm slipping.

makethemsuffer12
07-04-2011, 03:29 PM
BASS

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO

fixed

More fix'd.

rjturtle9
07-04-2011, 04:06 PM
More fix'd.

3rd times the charm.

larvtard
07-04-2011, 04:31 PM
I hate to sound like a soccer mom but if an artist tells their fans to smoke weed that is pretty fucked up. It's ok to talk about these kind of things in your songs but telling your fans to do it is really retarded. Sure anyone who listens to Curren$y is probably already smokes pot but still. 2 good friends of mine are big Curren$y fans, I don't like him very much. I think stoner rap as a whole is pretty retarded, and by stoner rap I mean Wiz Khalifa and the like, Cypress Hill is awesome.
Yeah I don't really care since it is people's decision, I just find it fucking stupid that people would freely post evidence (pictures) that they smoke weed on one of the most popular sites ever. I know tons and tons of my friends (on facebook) smoke weed, but the worst I've seen is pics of smoking hookah. But whatever, it's their fault if a post on twitter comes back to bite them in the ass.

On that subject: This kid I know did a similar thing. This kid's really weird and annoying, who just so happens to be a total metalhead. He's also 100% anti-Christian; he even has a facebook page for his band called War Against Christ, but now he just uses the page to post Satanic videos and articles. This kid also posts videos of himself burning bibles on YouTube. Look, I hate the bible as much as any metalhead, but to film yourself burning a bible is just plain disrespectful and even pretty rude. And if any of his future potential employers stumble upon these videos, I don't think they'll be giving him a job. He's making some terrible fucking decisions, that's for sure :tp:

jd091
07-04-2011, 04:40 PM
On that subject: This kid I know did a similar thing. This kid's really weird and annoying, who just so happens to be a total metalhead. He's also 100% anti-Christian; he even has a facebook page for his band called War Against Christ, but now he just uses the page to post Satanic videos and articles. This kid also posts videos of himself burning bibles on YouTube. Look, I hate the bible as much as any metalhead, but to film yourself burning a bible is just plain disrespectful and even pretty rude. And if any of his future potential employers stumble upon these videos, I don't think they'll be giving him a job. He's making some terrible fucking decisions, that's for sure :tp:

Hey, Nergal destroys bibles like its his job. Maybe we have a future star in our midst?

larvtard
07-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Hey, Nergal destroys bibles like its his job. Maybe we have a future star in our midst?

That's a little different :lol:

orlandodavis
07-04-2011, 04:56 PM

If you live in the south that's just plain dumb.

larvtard
07-04-2011, 05:02 PM
If you live in the south that's just plain dumb.

If you live anywhere that's plain dumb (well, any place where there are enough people to be seriously offended, i.e. a heavily Christian country)

slapguitarer
07-04-2011, 05:24 PM
I got on interview at Gamestop this thursday! :rocker:

jd091
07-04-2011, 05:27 PM
I got on interview at Gamestop this thursday! :rocker:

You must be required to watch this. It's for GameCrazy, but still applies. Watch it all; it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Zelda Scott, DAWG!

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/03/18/tse-riff-theater-gamecrazy-training-video/

MPF
07-04-2011, 05:31 PM
putting together my top 20 of 2011 so far for my podcast tomorrow, then right after I'm done with it, I'm heading over to see Devin Townsend, Obscura and Septic Flesh then hanging out with the bands during Children Of Bodom St. Paul.

DethMaiden
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
putting together my top 20 of 2011 so far for my podcast tomorrow, then right after I'm done with it, I'm heading over to see Devin Townsend, Obscura and Septic Flesh then hanging out with the bands during Children Of Bodom St. Paul.

Want.

slapguitarer
07-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh my God. This is just toooooo great. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dextrimental
07-04-2011, 06:13 PM
In reference to the earlier religious debate and also about bands endorsing various actions like smoking weed, personally, the epitomy of a band endorsing a stupid fad and/or opinion on their fans, is the 'Jesus Is A Cunt' shirts CoF released. Its not even precting a religious opinion, its just pointing out he was not a nice guy. Its like saying Lars Ulrich is an asshole. I'm sure he is, but that has no bearing on the music he creates, or has any relevance to any debate about him that his fans SHOULD be having.

MPF
07-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Want.

:rocker:

A buddy of mine and I do a podcast called Epic Rock Talk. We've only done show so far, since I have a hard time making it to Minnesota on a regular basis until I start gigging again.

Here is our first one, made about an hour and a half before seeing Fair To Midland, Periphery, Scale The Summit as the same venue I'm seeing Dev tomorrow:

http://epicrocktalk.blogspot.com/2011/03/hello-test-run.html

mankvill
07-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Its not even precting a religious opinion, its just pointing out he was not a nice guy.

I might not be understanding what you're trying to say, but Jesus, in really every instance, was a really nice guy and only preached tolerance and love.

Where crazy right-wing fundies get their extremism and norwegian black metal bands get their hate are mostly from the Old Testament God.

OraclesofAgony
07-04-2011, 11:24 PM

Yeah, I don't even like to wear shirts where Jesus is the centerpiece because I fear a lynch mob is going to chase after me (Translated without the hyperbole = everybody I run into in public will get pissed at me most likely) I have a couple shirts like that and I only wear them to concerts. That's why I don't buy any shirts with huge provocative messages on the back of them. You're just asking for a confrontation with those.

OraclesofAgony
07-04-2011, 11:30 PM
I might not be understanding what you're trying to say, but Jesus, in really every instance, was a really nice guy and only preached tolerance and love.

Where crazy right-wing fundies get their extremism and norwegian black metal bands get their hate are mostly from the Old Testament God.

Yeah but on the other extreme you have these new age Christians that preach only New Testament sentiment while ignoring the Old Testament altogether. I can't take either of those two groups seriously. You can't just throw out half the book so that it makes your worldview seem better.

mankvill
07-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Yeah but on the other extreme you have these new age Christians that preach only New Testament sentiment while ignoring the Old Testament altogether.

what's so bad about that? :eyes:

OraclesofAgony
07-04-2011, 11:36 PM
what's so bad about that? :eyes:

There's nothing really "bad" about it I guess, it's just disingenuous and doesn't represent what's in the book completely. It just annoys me, while the other group scares me. :tongue:

mankvill
07-04-2011, 11:41 PM
There's nothing really "bad" about it I guess, it's just disingenuous and doesn't represent what's in the book completely. It just annoys me, while the other group scares me. :tongue:

*pats on the back* Peace be with you

orlandodavis
07-04-2011, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=mankvill;372747]I might not be understanding what you're trying to say, but Jesus, in really every instance, was a really nice guy and only preached tolerance and love.

Nope. There was a verse in the Bible where Jesus said to only beat your slaves lightly when they made a mistake and to beat them severely when they disobeyed you on purpose. Anyway the bible is old and outdated and I'm sure that was tolerance and love for back then.

mankvill
07-05-2011, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=mankvill;372747]I might not be understanding what you're trying to say, but Jesus, in really every instance, was a really nice guy and only preached tolerance and love.

Nope. There was a verse in the Bible where Jesus said to only beat your slaves lightly when they made a mistake and to beat them severely when they disobeyed you on purpose. Anyway the bible is old and outdated and I'm sure that was tolerance and love for back then.

schwat

orlandodavis
07-05-2011, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=orlandodavis;372772]

schwat

Luke 12:47-48. Fin.

mankvill
07-05-2011, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=mankvill;372776]

Luke 12:47-48. Fin.

WHY ARE OUR QUOTES GETTING FUCKED UP

also: parables used in the vernacular at the time. not meant to be taken seriously*.

edit: literally, not seriously

jd091
07-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Jesus was not wrong, nor was he right. We have no morals. Morals are superficial ideas created to maintain society. The world is actually a nihilistic shithole where we will all die for no reason. Deal with it, bros.

:)

(but if there were morals, I would love you all on this site)

brutal_descent
07-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Jesus was not wrong, nor was he right. We have no morals. Morals are superficial ideas created to maintain society. The world is actually a nihilistic shithole where we will all die for no reason.

:agree:

Nihilism ftw.

DethMaiden
07-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Jesus was not wrong, nor was he right. We have no morals. Morals are superficial ideas created to maintain society. The world is actually a nihilistic shithole where we will all die for no reason. Deal with it, bros.

:)

(but if there were morals, I would love you all on this site)

Oh, for fuck's sake. Can we please get illuminatus in here to say that a sunny summer day disproves you or some gay shit like that?

larvtard
07-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Oh, for fuck's sake. Can we please get illuminatus in here to say that a sunny summer day disproves you or some gay shit like that?

:lol::lol:

also...

Jesus

Who?

jd091
07-05-2011, 08:20 AM
:lol::lol:

also...

Who?

lol

I love this forum :)

MPF
07-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Hmmmm, what am I up to today?

At about 4pm central, I'm doing my next podcast for Epic Rock Talk (should be up this weekend if not sooner) Going to Children Of Bodom, Devin Townsend, Obscura, Septic Flesh. Hanging out with the bands during the show. And hanging out with Dev and RVP (Dev's drummer) after the show.

Today is a good day!

brutal_descent
07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Leaving tomorrow at 9 AM to the airport to fly back to the States. :lovedup:

brutal_descent
07-05-2011, 12:32 PM
By the way, there should be an official 'Now Eating' thread. ;)

illuminatus917
07-05-2011, 01:00 PM

A sunny summer day does nothing unless you let it, and it doesn't disprove anything. The only meaning in life is the meaning we create. There's nothing intrinsic about it.

All morals are false, all emotions are true. Morals are imprints that are subject to change. And they differ in different reality tunnels.

Pragmatism is much more interesting than science to me now, simply because of the ambiguity of everything. It paints a picture of the world in abstractness which seems to be a more 'concrete' model than a scientific model. And by concrete I mean ambiguous.

El Gordo
07-05-2011, 03:13 PM

I was thinking there should be an official 'Now Drinking' thread, or 'Currently Imbibing' thread if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

jd091
07-05-2011, 04:52 PM
A sunny summer day does nothing unless you let it, and it doesn't disprove anything. The only meaning in life is the meaning we create. There's nothing intrinsic about it.

All morals are false, all emotions are true. Morals are imprints that are subject to change. And they differ in different reality tunnels.

Pragmatism is much more interesting than science to me now, simply because of the ambiguity of everything. It paints a picture of the world in abstractness which seems to be a more 'concrete' model than a scientific model. And by concrete I mean ambiguous.

:lol:

Thats actually fairly interesting. Still kind of dark I think, but interesting.

mankvill
07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Origin thanks Troglodyte in the notes of their new album. :cool:

ChildrenofSodom
07-05-2011, 05:02 PM

We had one a few years ago. Started by yours truly. :D

DethMaiden
07-05-2011, 05:12 PM

There you go, everybody. Some stupid bullshit that means nothing to chew on.

larvtard
07-05-2011, 06:23 PM
intrinsic

STOP USING BIG WORDS

And did you take a philosophy class or something? Or were you just born a nerd? ;)

Dextrimental
07-05-2011, 07:05 PM
There you go, everybody. Some stupid bullshit that means nothing to chew on.

Actually, what he's saying means quite alot, and he said it in a bare minimum amount of words.

Anyway, my Graspop review will be finished tomorrow night, I've had a very busy week and a half.

Ape
07-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Heating up some ramen noodles for lunch break. Chicken flavored. :rocker:

illuminatus917
07-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Thats actually fairly interesting. Still kind of dark I think, but interesting.

Yeah, it's kind of a dark outlook. But it's also liberating to think value and meaning are constructs of the self, and not limited to what naturally exists, or congenital.

And did you take a philosophy class or something? Or were you just born a nerd? ;)

:lol: I guess you could say I was born a nerd. I mean, I constantly asked my loving parents questions about the universe and such at a young age. I didn't get into philosophy and history until my early high school years, though. And no, I've never taken a philosophy course.

MPF
07-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I just came back from this happening:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261653_10150692948625459_629590458_19431347_201864 2_n.jpg

jd091
07-06-2011, 05:23 AM
I just came back from this happening:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261653_10150692948625459_629590458_19431347_201864 2_n.jpg

Gentlemen, start your fapping.

jd091
07-06-2011, 06:06 AM
7 Seconds are coming to Chicago in October.

Yay or nay?

daimonos
07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
More than likely getting my first tattoo this coming week. Call me crazy but I'm thinking of getting the silhouette of Ozzy from the Black Sabbath Vol. 4 album on my ribs. Anyone think that's a cool idea, or just stupid?

I want to get some sort of Sabbath tattoo though, since them/Ozzy was basically my introduction to all music/metal when I was a little kid. Any thoughts?

brutal_descent
07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Considering not going to Animals As Leaders/Intronaut this Saturday and going to Eddie Vedder next week instead, unless someone gives me a ride. Wine, I'm looking at you. :hecho:

DethMaiden
07-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Multiple choice question for all you scholars out there:

Q: What killed a conversation between me and a very attractive girl who definitely digs me dead in its tracks?

A) Her polycystic ovarian syndrome

B) The revelation that I no longer have a girlfriend

If you guessed B, you were right!

Fucking women, how do they work? :bouville:

Dextrimental
07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Multiple choice question for all you scholars out there:

Q: What killed a conversation between me and a very attractive girl who definitely digs me dead in its tracks?

A) Her polycystic ovarian syndrome

B) The revelation that I no longer have a girlfriend

If you guessed B, you were right!

Fucking women, how do they work? :bouville:

Killed the conversation on which end, yours or hers? Or did it make things very awkward...?

DethMaiden
07-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Killed the conversation on which end, yours or hers? Or did it make things very awkward...?

She stopped replying, haha. She has a boyfriend (I think) and I guess when it was dangerous and exciting on both ends she was down with it and finding out I was single was a letdown? No idea, man.

Ape
07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Working my life away listening to the reds game and posting on forums

Dextrimental
07-06-2011, 06:19 PM
She stopped replying, haha. She has a boyfriend (I think) and I guess when it was dangerous and exciting on both ends she was down with it and finding out I was single was a letdown? No idea, man.

I actually had two relationships like that, I was single, they weren't, but they were going through a rough patch where the relationship looked like it was gonna end at any point.. Course once their relationship got stable again I was hit to the curb.. It seemed like they were only interested in me because of the danger I presented..

Fucked up...

DethMaiden
07-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I actually had two relationships like that, I was single, they weren't, but they were going through a rough patch where the relationship looked like it was gonna end at any point.. Course once their relationship got stable again I was hit to the curb.. It seemed like they were only interested in me because of the danger I presented..

Fucked up...

Good thinking.

http://art.newcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/fuckedup.jpg

idrinkwine732
07-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Considering not going to Animals As Leaders/Intronaut this Saturday and going to Eddie Vedder next week instead, unless someone gives me a ride. Wine, I'm looking at you. :hecho:

I'm going to Intronaut for sure, and am not really up for Vedder. If you need a ride to Metro, let me know. You're in Daly City, right?

jd091
07-06-2011, 10:29 PM
HOLY BALLS ORIGIN WAS INSANE LIVE

IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN DILLINGER LIVE

THAT GOOD

Natrlhi
07-06-2011, 10:35 PM

THAT GOODAccurate post, wrong thread. ;)

masterguy49
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM

THAT GOOD

I might cry cause I might not be able to make the 3 hour drive :hmm:

jd091
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Accurate post, wrong thread. ;)

Fixed ;)

GarageMetal468
07-07-2011, 12:23 AM

THAT GOOD

I'm disappointed I had to leave early into their set (fucking car... at least it's fixed now) but from what I saw it was indeed intense.

OraclesofAgony
07-07-2011, 12:30 AM

THAT GOOD

Yeah, Jason Keyser really brings that band to another level live.

brutal_descent
07-07-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm going to Intronaut for sure, and am not really up for Vedder. If you need a ride to Metro, let me know. You're in Daly City, right?

330 Justin Drive is in Bernal Heights, so it's almost Daly.

jd091
07-07-2011, 10:53 AM
I've been switching around avatars a bunch the last couple days, but after seeing Origin slay live, methinks I'll stay with this one for a while.

larvtard
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I've been switching around avatars a bunch the last couple days, but after seeing Origin slay live, methinks I'll stay with this one for a while.

It doesn't really work/look good, though. Use the art from Informis or Antithesis. You could even do Entity or the self-titled.

jd091
07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
It doesn't really work/look good, though. Use the art from Informis or Antithesis. You could even do Entity or the self-titled.

I like the face, though! It looks like M.O.D.O.K.! If you must, though...

illuminatus917
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
8/04 ...I don't wanna tell you guys.

Could it be that much worse than Impending Doom?

jd091
07-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Oh yes. Much worse. If you think Impending Doom is bad, you will hate me :D

brutal_descent
07-07-2011, 02:55 PM

It's just a Mayhem off-date with Unearth, Suicide Silence, and All Shall Perish. :tp:

slapguitarer
07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
You must be required to watch this. It's for GameCrazy, but still applies. Watch it all; it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Zelda Scott, DAWG!

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/03/18/tse-riff-theater-gamecrazy-training-video/

I actually want to thank you for posting this now. During my interview, they asked me if I knew about all the benefits and special deals they have, which were showcased in this video, and I used some of the selling tactics when they had a selling scenario thing. This video actually helped a lot :lol:

jd091
07-07-2011, 03:35 PM
It's just a Mayhem off-date with Unearth, Suicide Silence, and All Shall Perish. :tp:

Suicide Silence is headlining, get it right :dorky:

jd091
07-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I actually want to thank you for posting this now. During my interview, they asked me if I knew about all the benefits and special deals they have, which were showcased in this video, and I used some of the selling tactics when they had a selling scenario thing. This video actually helped a lot :lol:

No way! Hahaha I just thought it was funny. So glad it helped man! ;)

slapguitarer
07-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I got a fuckin' 2 on my AP Spanish test :flame: :flame: :flame:

I'm the worst Mexican ever... :bouville:

illuminatus917
07-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I got a fuckin' 2 on my AP Spanish test :flame: :flame: :flame:

I'm the worst Mexican ever... :bouville:

I still don't know what I got on my English 3 and 4 AP exams.

MPF
07-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Facebook just added group chats, and video chat...

Facebook just got more perverted with gangbang sexting and cam sex.

jd091
07-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Facebook just added group chats, and video chat...

Facebook just got more perverted with gangbang sexting and cam sex.

Wow, that hadn't occurred to me, but you are so correct :lol:

treghet
07-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Is this "Try It Now" thing going to pop up every fucking time I go on Facebook? I already turned it off...

EDIT: Apparently it won't stop popping up until you try it, even though it gives you the option not to. What the fuck.

Wizzbang11
07-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Group chats have been around for months!

MPF
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Group chats have been around for months!

for actual groups yes.

but now it's on regular chats. like when you are talking to any of your friends, you can add anyone you want to the conversation.

slapguitarer
07-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Got a 1600 on my SAT. I don't really know how to feel...

Triggz
07-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Is this "Try It Now" thing going to pop up every fucking time I go on Facebook? I already turned it off...

EDIT: Apparently it won't stop popping up until you try it, even though it gives you the option not to. What the fuck.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb5649T2af1qafewko1_500.png

larvtard
07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Got a 1600 on my SAT. I don't really know how to feel...

out of 1600 or 2400?

and regarding your AP exam, were the results mailed to you or did you call that number to find them out?

jd091
07-07-2011, 08:04 PM
out of 1600 or 2400?

and regarding your AP exam, were the results mailed to you or did you call that number to find them out?

They mail that shit to you, man. From my experience.

larvtard
07-07-2011, 08:06 PM
They mail that shit to you, man. From my experience.

True, but now you can call them starting July 1 and they'll tell you over the phone for $8. But you need your AP number, and I lost mine :lol: :eyes:

mankvill
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Just saw this:

http://imgur.com/AWmuk

"Went to go pick up my delivery for work. Realized it is a massive 30ft., sword wielding, female for the stage in Metallica's upcoming tour. I win."

...AJFA tour?

rjturtle9
07-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Just saw this:

"Went to go pick up my delivery for work. Realized it is a massive 30ft., sword wielding, female for the stage in Metallica's upcoming tour. I win."

...AJFA tour?

Nice!

By the way, what ever happened to Indestructable?

Crionics
07-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Going to the UK for 2 weeks. Looks like 2 more weeks before I can sit back and relax. :lol:

jd091
07-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Just saw this:

...AJFA tour?

ASDJKKSJJDJKAKKJDJAKKHDHSJKSJDH

mankvill
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Damaged Justice tour set:

"Blackened"
"For Whom the Bell Tolls"
"Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
"Harvester of Sorrow"
"The Four Horsemen"
"The Thing That Should Not Be"
Bass Solo
"Master of Puppets"
"Fade to Black"
"Seek & Destroy"
"...And Justice for All"
"One"
"Creeping Death"
Guitar Solo
"Battery"
"Last Caress" (Originally performed by the Misfits)
"Am I Evil?" (Originally performed by Diamond Head)
"Whiplash"
"Breadfan"

rjturtle9
07-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Damaged Justice tour set:

"Blackened"
"For Whom the Bell Tolls"
"Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
"Harvester of Sorrow"
"The Four Horsemen"
"The Thing That Should Not Be"
Bass Solo
"Master of Puppets"
"Fade to Black"
"Seek & Destroy"
"...And Justice for All"
"One"
"Creeping Death"
Guitar Solo
"Battery"
"Last Caress" (Originally performed by the Misfits)
"Am I Evil?" (Originally performed by Diamond Head)
"Whiplash"
"Breadfan"

Totally not how I would have done it, but it's still pretty good.

christopher
07-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Shock Top and Uncharted 3 Beta is a great way to end the night:D

llama lom
07-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm considering making a top albums thread, but I'm not sure if I've been here long enough that people would care, or if I have enough metal experience. :eyes:

mankvill
07-07-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm considering making a top albums thread, but I'm not sure if I've been here long enough that people would care, or if I have enough metal experience. :eyes:

they're always fun, and maybe you'll get some good recommendations out of it! :fist: