PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

rjturtle9
06-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Yup. The girlfriend just broke up with me. Oh well.

:hmm:

brutal_descent
06-20-2011, 01:40 AM

My condolences, man. :(

ShatteredFlame
06-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Evening out my Devin Townsend plays on last.fm - rescrobbling all my AE/Synchestra plays as The Devin Townsend Band and the DTP albums under Devin Townsend Project

Don't know why but I've always never liked the fact that I scribbled them all under just Devin Townsend. I'm just anal like that :tongue:

jd091
06-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Anybody here ever used an iPod fm transmitter for a car? Do they work well? I'm thinking about picking one up today. I'm sick of having to carry around CD's when I drive to work.

larvtard
06-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Anybody here ever used an iPod fm transmitter for a car? Do they work well? I'm thinking about picking one up today. I'm sick of having to carry around CD's when I drive to work.

Do you have an auxiliary port? If so use that. Pick up a aux cable at Radio shack (oh excuse me... I mean The Shack) for about 5 bucks.

jd091
06-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Do you have an auxiliary port? If so use that. Pick up a aux cable at Radio shack (oh excuse me... I mean The Shack) for about 5 bucks.

That's the thing; I don't. It's kind of an older car. Money isn't necessarily an issue for me; I'm fine dropping $30 or $40 if I have to. I just want to make sure they work fine.

larvtard
06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
That's the thing; I don't. It's kind of an older car. Money isn't necessarily an issue for me; I'm fine dropping $30 or $40 if I have to. I just want to make sure they work fine.

Meh, those fm transmitters are kinda lame

Fires Of Sedition
06-20-2011, 08:35 AM

I've had two and loved them. The sound quality degrades a bit through the car stereo but if you fiddle with the treble, bass, and shit like that enough you can find a good sound. It can also get all static-y if your iPod isn't in just the right spot. I don't know how much they cost though, both of mine were given to me and I somehow lost them both. I need to invest in a new one.

illuminatus917
06-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Fucking venues that only do will-call. Won't let Ticketmaster or Etix sell tickets for their shows.

Wizzbang11
06-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Yeah, shit like that happens all the time.
My advice: take up drugs.

masterguy49
06-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Might get kicked out my school for not having a 3.0 GPA.

I have a 2.99 :hmm:

Wizzbang11
06-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Might get kicked out my school for not having a 3.0 GPA.

I have a 2.99 :hmm:

What's the point of having a GPA if you can't drop below 3.0? Why not just have: Straight A's, in the school, not in the school.

masterguy49
06-20-2011, 02:52 PM
What's the point of having a GPA if you can't drop below 3.0? Why not just have: Straight A's, in the school, not in the school.

Straight A's is a 4.0?

I kinda fucked up my first semester but really picked up my act 2nd semester.
But my school is biased and stupid, so it didn't really work. Funny thing is I got As on almost all of my tests but most of my teachers are idiots and I would get Cs in the class because of classwork.

jd091
06-20-2011, 02:52 PM

A is a 4.0 last time I checked :eyes:

treghet
06-20-2011, 02:56 PM

A friend of mine had one and it was horrid. You could barely even tell anything was playing through the static.

Wizzbang11
06-20-2011, 02:57 PM
A is a 4.0 last time I checked :eyes:

Yeah, let me clarify...
Straight A's (4.0)
In school (3.0)
Out of school, anything else.

evildeadjedi
06-20-2011, 03:11 PM

Oh damn is that the chick with the Cannibal Corpse shirt and grindcore tats?

If so that sucks man! :(

Edit: Wrong turtle my bad, in any case that sucks.

I had one for my old creative labs Zen. Worked well though I had to turn up the stereo pretty high.

Wizzbang11
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Oh damn is that the chick with the Cannibal Corpse shirt and grindcore tats?

If so that sucks man! :(

Different turtles man, different turtles.

jd091
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
A friend of mine had one and it was horrid. You could barely even tell anything was playing through the static.

Meh, those fm transmitters are kinda lame

I've had two and loved them. The sound quality degrades a bit through the car stereo but if you fiddle with the treble, bass, and shit like that enough you can find a good sound. It can also get all static-y if your iPod isn't in just the right spot. I don't know how much they cost though, both of mine were given to me and I somehow lost them both. I need to invest in a new one.

I bit the bullet and got one. Its fairly good sound quality; I'm pleasantly surprised. Not quite crystal clear CD quality, but much better than traditional radio quality. However, like you said, you gotta get the iPhone to sit in just the right spot, or I get a ton of static.

evildeadjedi
06-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Different turtles man, different turtles.

Shit always confuses me :lol:

jd091
06-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Oh baby, those guys in Born of Osiris are so goddamn cool. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNlam7IpWz4&feature=player_embedded)

Maiden33
06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Getting ready to leave to play a 3-hour "Evening With" Acoustic Set! Should actually be making some nice money for this, and it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Crionics
06-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, let me clarify...
Straight A's (4.0)
In school (3.0)
Out of school, anything else.

Some schools "weight" your GPA based on the rigor of the course taken. For example, receiving an "A" in C or Z level course will earn one a 4.0 at my school, however an "A" in an Honors or higher level course will earn a 5.0.

larvtard
06-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Saw one of the coolest cathedrals today. I'm actually pretty obsessed with cathedrals, which may or may not come off as ironic being as I am an atheist. Anyone been to Milan? Their duomo's my favorite. Lincoln, any cool cathedrals in Moscow? My dream is to see the biggest cathedrals in every European country. :rocker:

jd091
06-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Saw one of the coolest cathedrals today. I'm actually pretty obsessed with cathedrals, which may or may not come off as ironic being as I am an atheist. Anyone been to Milan? Their duomo's my favorite. Lincoln, any cool cathedrals in Moscow? My dream is to see the biggest cathedrals in every European country. :rocker:

I'm in the same situation, man. Rome and Florence are absolutely incredible when it comes to that kind of stuff.

larvtard
06-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm in the same situation, man. Rome and Florence are absolutely incredible when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Well actually I thought Florence's duomo was pretty overrated. But Rome's got some great ones, for sure.

illuminatus917
06-20-2011, 11:18 PM
I am an atheist.

Heathen! Infidel! Thou shall receive no pity and no mercy; thou shall be stoned and beaten with great sticks until thou art dead.

larvtard
06-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Using free wi-fi on a moving bus :cool: who'd guess that Canada is ahead of America in terms of technology...

jd091
06-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Using free wi-fi on a moving bus :cool: who'd guess that Canada is ahead of America in terms of technology...

Hey! Theres free wi-fi on the Megabus that runs from Chicago to Cleveland!

jd091
06-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Heathen! Infidel! Thou shall receive no pity and no mercy; thou shall be stoned and beaten with great sticks until thou art dead.

This. I mean, at the very least believe in Odin.

JRA
06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
What's the difference between a gay man and a refrigerator? A refrigerator doesn't fart when you pull the meat out.

illuminatus917
06-21-2011, 10:19 AM
What's the difference between a gay man and a refrigerator? A refrigerator doesn't fart when you pull the meat out.

:lol:

jd091
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
I have 30 minutes left in my work day, with absolutely nothing to do. Someone start an interesting conversation, please.

GarageMetal468
06-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I have 30 minutes left in my work day, with absolutely nothing to do. Someone start an interesting conversation, please.

Well if you're still in Chicago you should go to Forbidden/Revocation tonight! It's $18 at the door, so pretty cheap.

jd091
06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Well if you're still in Chicago you should go to Forbidden/Revocation tonight! It's $18 at the door, so pretty cheap.

I'm in Cleveland until September, or I would definitely go. Love Revocation!

JRA
06-21-2011, 12:46 PM

Well I've taken a real liking to Black Metal recently, but I don't think any album will top Under The Sign of the Black Mark.

jd091
06-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Well I've taken a real liking to Black Metal recently, but I don't think any album will top Under The Sign of the Black Mark.

Bathory? I'll have to check it out; I've never really listened to them much before. I've been making it my personal mission to get into Black Metal also. I've downloaded a decent amount of Immortal, Emperor, and Satyricon in the last week or so, and have liked it.

I feel like I should try an get more into that Norwegian scene (Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone) since watching Until The Light Takes Us, but I'm just not crazy about that garage-y sound. I'm really digging the symphonic nature of Emperor.

illuminatus917
06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
I feel like I should try an get more into that Norwegian scene (Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone) since watching Until The Light Takes Us, but I'm just not crazy about that garage-y sound. I'm really digging the symphonic nature of Emperor.

You know black metal bands in Norway burn churches because sacrilegious Christians built their churches on ancient pagan sites?

treghet
06-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Bathory? I'll have to check it out; I've never really listened to them much before. I've been making it my personal mission to get into Black Metal also. I've downloaded a decent amount of Immortal, Emperor, and Satyricon in the last week or so, and have liked it.

Oh, you're going to start listening to REAL black metal? ;)

jd091
06-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh, you're going to start listening to REAL black metal? ;)

Yeah, not that hipster stuff! Troo Kvlt! ;)

You know black metal bands in Norway burn churches because sacrilegious Christians built their churches on ancient pagan sites?

Yeah, that was one of the more interesting things I learned from Until the Light Takes Us. I do think that people like Varg set out from the beginning with that intention, but the whole idea of burning churches turned appealing and somewhat mainstream, with people doing it just to rebel or be "cool", part of that exclusive black metal club. But yeah, it was interesting listening to Varg give his reasons why he hated Christianity and the west.

illuminatus917
06-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, that was one of the more interesting things I learned from Until the Light Takes Us. I do think that people like Varg set out from the beginning with that intention, but the whole idea of burning churches turned appealing and somewhat mainstream, with people doing it just to rebel or be "cool", part of that exclusive black metal club. But yeah, it was interesting listening to Varg give his reasons why he hated Christianity and the west.

Hail Varg!

christopher
06-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I hate the college way of calculating the GPA. I got a C+, A-, and a B- and ended up with a 2.85:bouville: Thats should be a 3.0, those assholes haha.

MPF
06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Anyone who wants to read the transcript of my ex guitarist of Shattered's girlfriend try to tell me off over facebook say Aye!

BloodoftheKings
06-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Anyone who wants to read the transcript of my ex guitarist of Shattered's girlfirend try to tell me off over facebook say Aye!

Aye!

MPF
06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Once it's over, I gotta format it and I'll post the whole thing.

MPF
06-21-2011, 08:32 PM
*For my better judgement kicking in, this has been retracted*

BloodoftheKings
06-21-2011, 08:53 PM
that whole convo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWpQDBvBbM

MPF
06-21-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWpQDBvBbM

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Perfect song after this.

He also texted me, but it wasn't anything worth posting. Just saying how I broke up the band. Same basic thing I said in the Manson thread.

jd091
06-21-2011, 09:43 PM

...cool story bro :D

mankvill
06-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Having trouble figuring out travel plans for Rites of Darkness and pulling the trigger on purchasing airfare + hotel :snivel:

MPF
06-21-2011, 10:12 PM

...cool story bro :D

:D

Dextrimental
06-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Heading to Graspop in 24 hours. I get very vivid dreams alot of the time, and as such nightmares can be especially vivid, and tonight they kept waking we up. I'm tired, but my mind refuses to settle......Bummer

mankvill
06-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Heading to Graspop in 24 hours. I get very vivid dreams alot of the time, and as such nightmares can be especially vivid, and tonight they kept waking we up. I'm tired, but my mind refuses to settle......Bummer

Bands you need to see for me:

Friday:

Scorpions
Journey
Iced Earth
Watain
Sepultura
Angel Witch
The Black Dahlia Murder

Saturday:

Judas Priest
Moonspell
Triptykon
Electric Wizard
Kylesa
Kvelertak
Ghost

Sunday:

Mastodong
Opef
Kreator
DDP
Legion of the Damned
Moonsorrow
D.R.I.
Terror
GWAR

MPF
06-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Not sure how many of you guys are into drum solos. but I took my favorite drumbeats fromt he shattered album and put them into an audio track. It's long (11:37) but it's worth checking out, if even only for a minute or tow. Hope you guys dig it:

http://soundcloud.com/jrundquist/joshs-drum-tracks#

Dextrimental
06-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Bands you need to see for me:

Friday:

Scorpions
Journey
Iced Earth
Watain
Sepultura
Angel Witch
The Black Dahlia Murder

Saturday:

Judas Priest
Moonspell
Triptykon
Electric Wizard
Kylesa
Kvelertak
Ghost

Sunday:

Mastodong
Opef
Kreator
DDP
Legion of the Damned
Moonsorrow
D.R.I.
Terror
GWAR

Bolded are what I won't be seeing due to other bands I prefer ;)

The rest, I am either already seeing, or have a decent chance of seeing!

mankvill
06-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Bolded are what I won't be seeing due to other bands I prefer ;)

The rest, I am either already seeing, or have a decent chance of seeing!

>not seeing Angel Witch

FUCK YOU!

Dextrimental
06-21-2011, 11:40 PM
>not seeing Angel Witch

FUCK YOU!

Me sorry :(

<333

Sepultura69
06-21-2011, 11:42 PM

Have a great time, brotha. The line up looks fucking Epic.:rocker:

illuminatus917
06-21-2011, 11:44 PM
The line up looks fucking Epic.:rocker:

Yeah, it does.

Triptykon review please.

Dextrimental
06-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah, it does.

Triptykon review please.

Definitely. I'm bad with song titles as I listen to everything through my iPod, so my setlist will not be complete, but I will be reviewing the hell out of that performance. Hoping to hear Procreation Of The Wicked, though since its a festival set, I'm happy just to see and hear them!

@Sepultura69: Cheers bro! Its gonna be a good weekend for sure, sleep or no sleep!

MPF
06-21-2011, 11:52 PM
I'd give almost anything if Triptykon FINALLY plays A Thousand Lies.

mankvill
06-22-2011, 12:02 AM
I'd give almost anything if Triptykon FINALLY plays A Thousand Lies.

:fist:

I dunno why, but that reminded me of a live Triptykon video I saw on Youtube today. They're doing Procreation Of The Wicked and about halfway through the song, you can hear some guy "This is a new song!" and a girl respond "Awesome!"

:tp:

illuminatus917
06-22-2011, 12:05 AM
that reminded me of a live Triptykon video I saw on Youtube today. They're doing Procreation Of The Wicked and about halfway through the song, you can hear some guy "This is a new song!" and a girl respond "Awesome!"

@ Dextrimental... Have fun man.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 12:12 AM

@ Dextrimental... Have fun man.

Hey, I'm seeing them too ;)

treghet
06-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Hey, I'm seeing them too ;)

You have enough fun, so nobody cares. ;)

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 02:43 AM
THERE. I'm finally done with making my schedule for this weekend :hmm:

Friday

Protest the Hero
Dio Disciples (Extremely doubtful if it's worth it)
The Black Dahlia Murder (Second time live)
Foreigner
Sepultura (instead of Corrosion of Conformity :()
Journey
Watain (Second time live)
Korn (Second time live, instead of Angel Witch :()
N/A (Going to use this time for autograph sessions, ice cream ;) instead of Epica or The Damned Things)
Volbeat
Iced Earth (w/ Matt Barlow :party:)
Scorpions

Saturday

After the Burial
Kvelertak
Black Spiders
Kylesa
Ghost
Triptykon
Black Label Society
Times of Grace (instead of Moonspell)
Electric Wizard (instead of Whitesnake)
Arch Enemy (instead of Monster Magnet)
Judas Priest (instead of Pain)
N/A (Keep your spot time! instead of Cradle of Filth or BFMV, both of which I've seen)
Ozzy :rocker:

Sunday

Baptized in Blood
Anvil
D.R.I.
Kreator (instead of Gwar - the only REAL clash I'm still conflicted about)
N/A (Keep your spot time! instaed of Moonsorrow or Pro-Pain)
Mastodon :rocker:
Legion of the Damned (instead of Terror)
Avenged Sevenfold :tp:
Opeth :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
Rob Zombie
N/A (Keep Your Spot Time! instead of Cavalera Conspiracy or BMTH)
Slipknot

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Apparently Machine Head is doing a four-date UK tour at the end of the year with Bring Me The Horizon, Darkest Hour, and DevilDriver in support. :tp:

idrinkwine732
06-22-2011, 06:06 AM
I want to see Electric Wizard so bad...

jd091
06-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Apparently Machine Head is doing a four-date UK tour at the end of the year with Bring Me The Horizon, Darkest Hour, and DevilDriver in support. :tp:

Hairspray! :3

RAZOR
06-22-2011, 08:23 AM
THERE. I'm finally done with making my schedule for this weekend :hmm:

...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Kreator (instead of Gwar - the only REAL clash I'm still conflicted about)

:hmm::mad:

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 08:33 AM
:hmm::mad:

I only know one Angel Witch song, and when I saw Korn a few weeks back, I walked out in the middle of their set to get a good spot for Prodigy. I need to see them in full (and hear Get Up too). :hmm:

I really want to see Gwar, but the same goes for Kreator. :(

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 08:34 AM
...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

edit: no, fuck peer pressure

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2011, 08:36 AM
I only know one Angel Witch song, and when I saw Korn a few weeks back, I walked out in the middle of their set to get a good spot for Prodigy. I need to see them in full (and hear Get Up too). :hmm:

I really want to see Gwar, but the same goes for Kreator. :(

Fuck Korn, learn more Angelwitch songs, Kreator can wait.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Fuck Korn, learn more Angelwitch songs, Kreator can wait.

Yeah, Logan just convinced me to go see Gwar instead.

Still doubtful about Angelwitch, you sure I won't be bored?

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2011, 08:42 AM

If you prefer Korn then go for it. I was just being a dick. ;)

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 08:44 AM
If you prefer Korn then go for it. I was just being a dick. ;)

I know much more Korn (duh, one Angel Witch song =/= around a whole greatest hits CD of Korn), but if their live show is better, than why not? I just don't want to be bored ;)

Nick_to_the_face
06-22-2011, 09:03 AM
I got a friend of mine to trade me a motorola cliq for some old yu-gi-oh cards :eek:

jd091
06-22-2011, 09:06 AM
I got a friend of mine to trade me a motorola cliq for some old yu-gi-oh cards :eek:

Yu-gi-oh was always just bullshit for poseur kids to try and dethrone the beauty of Pokemon TCG.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Yu-gi-oh was always just bullshit for poseur kids to try and dethrone the beauty of Pokemon TCG.

You take that back! :flame:

daimonos
06-22-2011, 09:09 AM
I want to see Electric Wizard so bad...

Me too. I'm pretty sure they won't tour the US anymore, though. :(

jd091
06-22-2011, 09:09 AM
You take that back! :flame:

this calls for a different font:

NEVER!

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 09:56 AM
this calls for a different font:

NEVER!

A challenge ;)

[SIZE="10"]OH YEAH?

jd091
06-22-2011, 10:01 AM
A challenge ;)

[SIZE="10"]OH YEAH?

Your

Blue eyes white dragon

has nothing on my

MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONITE

makethemsuffer12
06-22-2011, 10:24 AM

But Kreator actually have good music...

GarageMetal468
06-22-2011, 11:39 AM

In all honesty their set list recently has been shit. If it were up to me I'd go see Gwar and get covered in puke and menstrual blood.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Your

Blue eyes white dragon

has nothing on my

MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONITE

Hey, Mudkip.

Shut the fuck up, yeah?

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 11:49 AM

I agree. Mainly the reason why I want to see Gwar as bad as Kreator is...

to get covered in puke and menstrual blood.

:cool:

jd091
06-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Hey, Mudkip.

Shut the fuck up, yeah?

http://media-worlds.theotaku.com/12132-651315-20090526145931.jpg

= MAN BOY LOVE

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
http://media-worlds.theotaku.com/12132-651315-20090526145931.jpg

= MAN BOY LOVE

Hey, that yaoi is user-made! :flame: I can find the same for Ash and Brock!

jd091
06-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey, that yaoi is user-made! :flame: I can find the same for Ash and Brock!

At least their hair makes sense! What the fuck is that bullshit on Yugi's head?!

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2011, 12:26 PM

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/drummaboy56/DoYouWantToDie2.jpg

jd091
06-22-2011, 12:28 PM
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/drummaboy56/DoYouWantToDie2.jpg

:lol: Oh my Jesus, I forgot people like this existed (and/or still exist).

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 12:49 PM
July 30th
A Perfect Circle
Red Bacteria Vacuum (Japan)

August 4th
Exhumed
Cephalic Carnage, Macabre, Withered

August 6th
YOB
Dark Castle, Worm Ouroboros, Dispirit

larvtard
06-22-2011, 12:58 PM

I did?

I've never gotten Gwar's gimmick. Kreator is amazing, see them.

jd091
06-22-2011, 01:00 PM
It's called being punk :finger:

This is the only punk I know:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/4047256/Black+Flag+jc_blk_flag.jpg

illuminatus917
06-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Punk is a distorted term these days.

GarageMetal468
06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Found this awesomeness on stumble today on metalstorm.net, link and content posted below

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2qwXep/www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php%253Ftopic_id%253D10190

* POWER METAL
The protagonist arrives riding a white unicorn, escapes from the dragon, saves the princess and makes love to her in an enchanted forest.

* THRASH METAL
The protagonist arrives, fights the dragon, saves the princess and fucks her.

* HEAVY METAL
The protagonist arrives on a Harley, kills the dragon, drinks a few beers and fucks the princess.

* FOLK METAL
The protagonist arrives with some friends playing accordions, violins, flutes and many more weird instruments, the dragon falls asleep (because of all the dancing). Then all leave........ without the princess.

* VIKING METAL
The protagonist arrives in a ship, kills the dragon with his mighty axe, skins the dragon and eats it, rapes the princess to death, steals her belongings and burns the castle before leaving.

* DEATH METAL
The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon, fucks the princess and kills her, then leaves.

* BLACK METAL
The protagonist IS the dragon, dwells in the heart of the night with in a castle full of hellhounds and eternal flames. He kills the sassy knight, fucks the noble steed and sacrifices the princess to Satan.

* GORE METAL
The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon and spreads his guts in front of the castle, fucks the princess and kills her. Then he fucks the dead body again, slashes her belly and eats her guts. Then he fucks the carcass for the third time, burns the corpse and fucks it for the last time.

* DOOM METAL
The protagonist arrives, sees the size of the dragon and thinks he could never beat him, then he gets depressed and commits suicide. The dragon eats his body and the princess as dessert. That's the end of the sad story.

* PROGRESSIVE METAL
The protagonist arrives with a guitar and plays a solo of 26 minutes. The dragon kills himself out of boredom. The protagonist arrives to the princess' bedroom, plays another solo with all the techniques and tunes he learned in the last year of the conservatory. The princess escapes looking for the 'HEAVY METAL' protagonist.

* GLAM METAL
The protagonist arrives, the dragon laughs at the guy's appearance and lets him enter. He steals the princess' make up and tries to paint the castle in a beautiful pink colour.

* NU METAL
The protagonist arrives in a run down Honda Civic and attempts to fight the dragon but he burns to death when his moronic baggy clothes catch fire.

And of course, who else to post it but good ol mankvill?

ShatteredFlame
06-22-2011, 02:42 PM
* GORE METAL
The protagonist arrives, kills the dragon and spreads his guts in front of the castle, fucks the princess and kills her. Then he fucks the dead body again, slashes her belly and eats her guts. Then he fucks the carcass for the third time, burns the corpse and fucks it for the last time.

* PROGRESSIVE METAL
The protagonist arrives with a guitar and plays a solo of 26 minutes. The dragon kills himself out of boredom. The protagonist arrives to the princess' bedroom, plays another solo with all the techniques and tunes he learned in the last year of the conservatory. The princess escapes looking for the 'HEAVY METAL' protagonist.

jd091
06-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Holy shit, you stumbled upon something Manks wrote?

HE IS... FAMOUS!

evildeadjedi
06-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Here are some more from the same original post:

GRIND METAL: The protagonist arrives, screams something completely undecipherable for about 2 minutes and then leaves...

INDUSTRIAL METAL: The protagonist arrives wearing a greasy overcoat, makes obscene gestures towards the dragon, and gets escorted out of fairy tale land by security guards.

CHRISTIAN METAL: The protagonist rides in on his way home from church and sings a mushy power ballad to the dragon about how much Jesus loves him and that the dragon should turn to Him. The Dragon is immediately converted, and when the princess wants to "thank" the protagonist he replies, "sorry, but I don't believe in having sex before marriage."

TECH METAL: The protagonist plays a whole tone riffswitching between 11/16 and 23/16 with his left hand,while he taps a descending chromatic pattern with hisright hand. The dragon suffers a massive brain aneurysm and dies, and the princess runs off to music school so she can understand what the protagonist was playing.

GOTHIC METAL: Protagonist arrives through the windowat fullmoon, drinks the princess blood, return next fullmoon to do the same thing, and the next, and finally they can fly away together to live in eternal love

SPEED METAL
Suddenly there, short solo, dragon is confused, someone's screaming weird stuff, princess realizes she's been deflowered, dragon and princess are still looking for the one who did this.

BATTLE METAL
The protagonist arrives with a legion of a hundred brave footmen, war chariots, and a dozen elite warriors, and as a master tactician, flanks the dragon in a bloody siege that lasts six hours. The princess gets bored

powerslave_85
06-22-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH METAL: The protagonist plays a whole tone riffswitching between 11/16 and 23/16 with his left hand,while he taps a descending chromatic pattern with hisright hand. The dragon suffers a massive brain aneurysm and dies, and the princess runs off to music school so she can understand what the protagonist was playing. :lol:

larvtard
06-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Goddamn I hate grappa. Shit's like fucking fire in your mouth.

Oh yeah, on that subject. A couple weeks ago I mentioned I was trying to get drunk for the first time, and five shots of vodka didn't do the trick. Well, a few nights ago we went to some hip Italian restaurant where they gave us champagne to start off and some other after-dinner drink. I also ordered a margarita during the meal (fuck, remind me to only order those at Mexican restaurants :tp:). Well, I wasn't drunk per se, but I definitely felt a buzz. I wasn't stumbling and tripping, but my coordination was off and I seemed to be blurting out nonsense :lol: Then again it could've been a mere placebo effect :eyes: Who knows.

jd091
06-22-2011, 08:36 PM

Oh yeah, on that subject. A couple weeks ago I mentioned I was trying to get drunk for the first time, and five shots of vodka didn't do the trick. Well, a few nights ago we went to some hip Italian restaurant where they gave us champagne to start off and some other after-dinner drink. I also ordered a margarita during the meal (fuck, remind me to only order those at Mexican restaurants :tp:). Well, I wasn't drunk per se, but I definitely felt a buzz. I wasn't stumbling and tripping, but my coordination was off and I seemed to be blurting out nonsense :lol: Then again it could've been a mere placebo effect :eyes: Who knows.

You were probably very tipsy/slightly drunk. Keep in mind, there's a big step between drunk and shitfaced. Very different.

larvtard
06-22-2011, 08:42 PM
You were probably very tipsy/slightly drunk. Keep in mind, there's a big step between drunk and shitfaced. Very different.

Yeah, I know. I dunno why anyone would want to be shitfaced though; I was feeling way out of my zone even on that level. Though I didn't feel any less socially awkward, so maybe being shitfaced is the key :lol:

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 08:43 PM
:lovedup: My girlfriend likes Alcest!

illuminatus917
06-22-2011, 09:01 PM

If I found a chick that liked Alcest I'd drool.

Maiden33
06-22-2011, 09:03 PM
About 5 months ago my girlfriend wanted a shirt of mine to wear from time to time, just around the house or whatever - so I gave her my Symphony X "V" shirt, because it was very, very small on me, and I only wore it once in a while, and I figured it would fit her OK. Well, apparently somehow she seems to have lost it. This sucks.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 09:07 PM
If I found a chick that liked Alcest I'd drool.

Oh, I'm putting a ring on her. Mainly she listens to indie and post-punk (Interpol, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, The Smiths, Blur) but she does like some metal like Deftones, Enter Shikari, Rolo Tomassi, and apparently Alcest :drool:

Wizzbang11
06-22-2011, 09:12 PM
About 5 months ago my girlfriend wanted a shirt of mine to wear from time to time, just around the house or whatever - so I gave her my Symphony X "V" shirt, because it was very, very small on me, and I only wore it once in a while, and I figured it would fit her OK. Well, apparently somehow she seems to have lost it. This sucks.

Time to break up

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Listening to Maiden, Foo Fighters, Electric Wizard and DFA1979 before departure to Eindhoven.

Wizzbang11
06-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I know. I dunno why anyone would want to be shitfaced though; I was feeling way out of my zone even on that level. Though I didn't feel any less socially awkward, so maybe being shitfaced is the key :lol:

Out of curiosity, why is it you are trying to get drunk again?

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2011, 09:20 PM

how exactly did an 18 year old order a margarita at a restaurant?

jd091
06-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Oh, I'm putting a ring on her. Mainly she listens to indie and post-punk (Interpol, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, The Smiths, Blur) but she does like some metal like Deftones, Enter Shikari, Rolo Tomassi, and apparently Alcest :drool:

hipster.

RAZOR
06-22-2011, 09:53 PM

There's hope for her yet!

MPF
06-23-2011, 02:03 AM
And now for something completely funny:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln4ed5HOMe1qz75dlo1_500.png

jd091
06-23-2011, 05:21 AM
And now for something completely funny:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln4ed5HOMe1qz75dlo1_500.png

I'd like to think thats real, but it smells fake as a hooker's boob to me.

brutal_descent
06-23-2011, 06:46 AM
hipster.

She's a hipster, yes. ;)

jd091
06-23-2011, 06:55 AM

He's in Canada right now. They don't give a shit.

brutal_descent
06-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Sitting in a Belgian hotel room 8 kms from the Graspop campsite. Fuck, it reeks of cheese out here. :hmm: Leaving at half past six to catch the opening ceremony - a battle of the bands, and a countdown featuring the 100 most popular metal songs as voted by people on the interwebz (aka Graspop forums).

treghet
06-23-2011, 07:04 AM

The drinking age in Quebec is 18. And he's 19.

larvtard
06-23-2011, 08:29 AM
The drinking age in Quebec is 18. And he's 19.

Exactly.

El Gordo
06-23-2011, 02:50 PM
He's in Canada right now. They don't give a shit.

That's simply not true. We just know that our beer is extremely tasty (in most cases) and that our neighbours to the south should experience something other than horrible piss-water.

powerslave_85
06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
That's simply not true. We just know that our beer is extremely tasty (in most cases) and that our neighbours to the south should experience something other than horrible piss-water.
Yes, because all we drink is Bud, Coors and Miller Light. Our microbrews kick the crap out of just about anything America's Hat can put out.

slapguitarer
06-23-2011, 04:07 PM
My Mayhem Fest tickets arrived in the mail today! :party:

El Gordo
06-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Yes, because all we drink is Bud, Coors and Miller Light. Our microbrews kick the crap out of just about anything America's Hat can put out.

Agreed. But I've never had anything I really love down there. Recommend me something delicious to try next time I venture State-side.

mankvill
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM

i'm sorry

illuminatus917
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM

:violin:

slapguitarer
06-23-2011, 04:44 PM
:finger:

DethMaiden
06-23-2011, 05:03 PM

American microbrewing beats the shit out of that of every other country.

powerslave_85
06-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Agreed. But I've never had anything I really love down there. Recommend me something delicious to try next time I venture State-side.
Anything made by Stone, Dogfish Head, or Rogue.

DethMaiden
06-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Nick's only forgetting the best beer ever:

http://www.coolspringswines.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/OldRasputinImperialStout.jpg

El Gordo
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM

American microbrewing beats the shit out of that of every other country.

Woah, woah, woah. Dem's fightin' words. I loves me my Canadian microbrews and they never get the shit beaten out of them because they contain none of it!

christopher
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Nick's only forgetting the best beer ever:

http://www.coolspringswines.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/OldRasputinImperialStout.jpg

Uhhh no, this is the best beer. You may not have been worthy enough to have heard of it.

http://legalbeer.com/images/stone%20double%20bastard.jpg

jd091
06-23-2011, 06:03 PM
I think by dissing Canada, I just inadvertently started the most epic conversation ever. :fist:

mankvill
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Congrats to Markieff Morris (Phoenix) and Marcus Morris (Houston) and good luck on their NBA careers next season!

christopher
06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I just went to the liquor store to pick up some of that Old Rasputin cause I've never tried it before and was curious to see if my argument was true:lol: but the place I always go to doesn't sell it:hmm:so I picked up a six pack of Arrogant Bastard:fingers:

ChildrenofSodom
06-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I think Sierra Nevada India Pale Ale is going to be my first legal brew.

BloodoftheKings
06-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Just got a ps3.

psn username: Radikult94

mankvill
06-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Just got a ps3.

You must really like the new Morbid Angel.

jd091
06-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Just got a ps3.

:lol: :fist:

BloodoftheKings
06-24-2011, 06:40 PM
You must really like the new Morbid Angel.

In a way, yes. Radikult is pretty much the Troll 2 of metal.

jd091
06-24-2011, 07:35 PM
In a way, yes. Radikult is pretty much the Troll 2 of metal.

I FUCKING ADORE THAT MOVIE

mankvill
06-24-2011, 07:50 PM
So now gays will flock to New York?

So everything is the same?

Indestructible
06-24-2011, 08:33 PM
So now gays will flock to New York?

So everything is the same?

Anyone want to see my response to anti gay marriage laws?
I support gay marriage so this might be one of the rare times you guys agree with me.

makethemsuffer12
06-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Just got a ps3.

Really dude? :lol:

Mine is the same name I have here. Add me.

mankvill
06-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Anyone want to see my response to anti gay marriage laws?
I support gay marriage so this might be one of the rare times you guys agree with me.

NO

please, no

ChildrenofSodom
06-24-2011, 09:13 PM
One of our most progressive areas of the country JUST got marriage equality. What hope do we have in the heartland?

jd091
06-24-2011, 09:19 PM
This thread just turned very... gay.

Indestructible
06-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Gay marriage is legal and always has been. Gays shouldn't just stop getting married because government tells them to. They have the right to get married and politicans cannot stop that.

mankvill
06-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Gay marriage is legal and always has been. Gays shouldn't just stop getting married because government tells them to. They have the right to get married and politicans cannot stop that.

um, excuse me.

Marriage can only be between two humans.

Therefore, gays can't get married.

Indestructible
06-24-2011, 09:28 PM
um, excuse me.

Marriage can only be between two humans.

Therefore, gays can't get married.

Cool story bro.

People need to stop labeling everyone and everything they are not smart enough to understand about the world. Stop labeling people gay, straight etc, and realize we are all human beings, we need to live in peace love and acceptance, not in hatred towards people different from us.

slapguitarer
06-24-2011, 09:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mankvill
06-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Cool story bro.

People need to stop labeling everyone and everything they are not smart enough to understand about the world. Stop labeling people gay, straight etc, and realize we are all human beings, we need to live in peace love and acceptance, not in hatred towards people different from us.

Cool meme bro.

How is saying something that isn't human labeling? It's science. I thought with your paranoia about fluoride and jet streams that you'd at least have some common sense about science.

Indestructible
06-24-2011, 09:34 PM
How is saying something that isn't human labeling? It's science. I thought with your paranoia about fluoride and jet streams that you'd at least have some common sense about science.

I'll admit science is not my feild but I can tell the difference between junk science and real science, I can also tell when someone is just fucking with me. :D

jd091
06-24-2011, 09:38 PM
I'll admitt science is not my feid but I can tell the difference between junk science and real science, I can also tell when someone is just fucking with me. :D

admitt

feid

Indestructible
06-24-2011, 09:39 PM
admitt

feid

Grammar and spelling isn't my field either.

BloodoftheKings
06-24-2011, 09:56 PM
It really is pathetic how long it's taking for gay marriage to become legal. At least with something like the legalization of marijuana there's something to argue. The opposition of gay marriage is based off nothing but ignorance. It's really hilarious how long they've been saying that America is a free country when blacks and women didn't gain equal rights for 200 years and homosexuals still don't have equal rights all over the country. Sorry to partake in the much hated political debates on here but I just wanted to put that out there.

ShatteredFlame
06-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Try going to a Catholic school. Everything involving gays is just one big contradiction after another. You'll learn why the catholic church thinks it's wrong to be gay, but then immediately after you'll learn how the catholic church is 100% for the gays. It drove me nuts. :barf:

slapguitarer
06-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Try going to a Catholic school. Everything involving gays is just one big contradiction after another. You'll learn why the catholic church thinks it's wrong to be gay, but then immediately after you'll learn how the catholic church is 100% for the gays. It drove me nuts. :barf:

This. This past year I took Ethics, which is basically Catholic Propoganda class. Shit made no sense.

treghet
06-25-2011, 02:13 AM
It really is pathetic how long it's taking for gay marriage to become legal. At least with something like the legalization of marijuana there's something to argue. The opposition of gay marriage is based off nothing but ignorance. It's really hilarious how long they've been saying that America is a free country when blacks and women didn't gain equal rights for 200 years and homosexuals still don't have equal rights all over the country. Sorry to partake in the much hated political debates on here but I just wanted to put that out there.

:agree:

El Gordo
06-25-2011, 08:28 AM

What's there to argue when it comes to legalizing marijuana?

larvtard
06-25-2011, 08:45 AM
They have the right to get married and politicans cannot stop that.

Well...actually, they can. Hate to break it to you bud.

BloodoftheKings
06-25-2011, 08:51 AM
What's there to argue when it comes to legalizing marijuana?

Not saying I agree with all of these but I took this from a website:

1.Marijuana is often used as a stepping-stone drug, leading to heroin, cocaine, or other harder drugs.
2.Stoned driving and other dangers would be increased.
3.Some consider use of the drug as morally wrong.
4.Legalization would increase the chances of the drug falling into the hands of kids.
5.Because of drug-related arrests, people who have committed or are likely to commit more serious crimes can be taken off the streets.
6.Physical damage would be done to users that abuse the drug.
7.More widespread use would increase the dangers of secondhand smoke-damage to bystanders.

I don't have a strong opinion on this topic. Just saying at least there is some reasons that aren't just based on hate and ignorance.

jd091
06-25-2011, 09:00 AM
BUT PEOPLE DRIVE MORE CAREFUL STONED herp derp

El Gordo
06-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Not saying I agree with all of these but I took this from a website:

1.Marijuana is often used as a stepping-stone drug, leading to heroin, cocaine, or other harder drugs.
4.Legalization would increase the chances of the drug falling into the hands of kids.
5.Because of drug-related arrests, people who have committed or are likely to commit more serious crimes can be taken off the streets.
7.More widespread use would increase the dangers of secondhand smoke-damage to bystanders.

I don't have a strong opinion on this topic. Just saying at least there is some reasons that aren't just based on hate and ignorance.

I know you said you don't have a strong opinion on it, but I do, so I apologize for the following rant...

Most of those points you listed are all kinds of ignorant. Marijuana is a much safer drug than alcohol. Hell, it's safer and less harmful than caffeine.

Marijuana is only a "stepping-stone drug" because in many cases, the people who sell weed also sell shit like coke and meth. If it were legal, authorized dealers would sell it, you would still get guys selling it on the side but when was the last time you met a guy selling booze on the side?

I don't agree with driving stoned. I also don't agree with driving drunk but alcohol is legal.

Some consider listening to heavy metal to be morally wrong.

If dad smokes weed and leaves it out, little Johnny will probably find it. This happens whether its legal or not.

When was the last time you heard about a guy getting stoned and then beating the shit out of his wife? Weed has a pretty calming effect in most cases. It's other drugs that get mixed in that change this.

The only physical damage that smoking pot causes is from the fact that the user is inhaling smoke from a burning plant, which is not good for you. Compared to smoking cigarettes, the damage is minimal. Also, vaporizers exist which don't produce smoke.

Smoking tobacco is still legal right?

jd091
06-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Dude, unless you're religious and have a moral power trip, there's no reason you should think weed should be illegal. End of story.

idrinkwine732
06-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Dude, unless you're religious and have a moral power trip, there's no reason you should think weed should be illegal. End of story.

Eh, I don't know if that's necessarily the truth. I think weed should be legal, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that some people don't want there to be another debilitating substance for people to have.

As for gay marriage, it's a matter of time. I think there will always be pressure against it, even when it is legal, but I think that once it becomes socially accepted, it will become less of a "big deal" to be gay.

larvtard
06-25-2011, 11:49 AM
So jd has finally passed me in post count... GET A FUCKING JOB BRO :mad::tp:

daimonos
06-25-2011, 11:57 AM

jd091
06-25-2011, 12:21 PM

:lol: :fist:

I do have a job! I'm workin' 40 hours a week, man! That being said, work can get boring... and having an iPhone helps ;)

El Gordo
06-25-2011, 01:36 PM

Funny, same thing applies for gay marriage.

Wizzbang11
06-25-2011, 01:47 PM

All those things are based off of ignorance.

Also, I don't think it's fair to say people want to try more drugs because of weed. Marijuana is way less extreme than the hard drugs the point talks about, but it's more the type of people who would be attracted to hard drugs also smoking pot than it is people smoking pot and then wanting hard drugs. Stoned driving isn't that dangerous, but we also do not outlaw alcohol because of drunk driving. Morality of niche groups shouldn't dictate nationwide laws. Who gives a shit if it falls in the hands of kids, cigarettes and alcohol are way more dangerous. Weed users and violent criminals arent the same at all, just because some violent criminals smoke does not mean all who smoke are potentially violent criminals. Aside from minor memory loss and lung damage there aren't any physically damaging effects from smoking marijuana. And second hand smoke is probably bullshit in the first place, but even more bullshit when it comes to marijuana.

BloodoftheKings
06-25-2011, 02:15 PM
A lot of people don't seem to understand that the only reason alcohol is legal is because they cant get people to stop drinking. They tried to make it illegal before and no one followed the law and it did nothing but higher the crime rate.

Wizzbang11
06-25-2011, 02:41 PM
A lot of people don't seem to understand that the only reason alcohol is legal is because they cant get people to stop drinking. They tried to make it illegal before and no one followed the law and it did nothing but higher the crime rate.

Why would that logic not apply to weed..?

mankvill
06-25-2011, 02:46 PM
I won't smoke weed because everyone I know is an annoying douchebag when they're high.

Same with alcohol and being drunk too, though.

Wizzbang11
06-25-2011, 02:49 PM
I won't smoke weed because everyone I know is an annoying douchebag when they're high.

This is the best reasoning one can have, and the only argument I buy against smoking/drinking.

mankvill
06-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Gonna go meet Wayne Coyne at my local record store in a few.

SomewhereInTime72
06-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Why would that logic not apply to weed..?

This one thing is the main reason I think weed legalization would be a good thing, haha.

BloodoftheKings
06-25-2011, 08:12 PM

This. I will say I'd much rather deal with people high then drunk. I have zero tolerance for people when they're drunk and exit the conversation as soon as I can. I can talk to people when they're are stoned most of the time. People who smoke every day and have a high tolerance tend to act basically the same high as they do sober. When people get really high and they don't smoke that often they can be pretty annoying.

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I want cigarettes to be illegal. That shit is bad.

jd091
06-25-2011, 08:55 PM
I want cigarettes to be illegal. That shit is bad.

If someone wants to fill their body with that shit, why is that your business?

BloodoftheKings
06-25-2011, 09:28 PM
If someone wants to fill their body with that shit, why is that your business?

This. Cigarettes really have no reason to be illegal, not that I smoke them. If you illegalize cigarettes you might as well illegalize fast food.

TonyD
06-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Ha!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159897

Wizzbang11
06-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Brad you famous now

idrinkwine732
06-26-2011, 03:00 AM
People usually don't know if I'm high unless I tell them, and when they do, they suddenly realize I act tooootally different. Bullshit.

daimonos
06-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Ha!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159897

Brad you famous now

Was about to make a thread called ATTN BRAD: YOU'RE FAMOUS!

...lucky bastard...

People usually don't know if I'm high unless I tell them, and when they do, they suddenly realize I act tooootally different. Bullshit.

I've been smoking for the majority of my high school years, and it used to be like that for me, but like people earlier people who smoke all the time don't really get "high", just chilled out. So nowadays people can't tell, but they assume :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
06-26-2011, 08:06 AM
My probably 30% serious argument for why cigarettes should be illegal: they are very bad for you, they are very bad for people around you who didn't decide to put it in their bodies, the health care costs associated with tobacco related illnesses is very detrimental to our economy, our government, and your system, and most of the ingredients wouldn't be fit for consumption if the public had full disclosure.

BloodoftheKings
06-26-2011, 08:31 AM
My probably 30% serious argument for why cigarettes should be illegal: they are very bad for you, they are very bad for people around you who didn't decide to put it in their bodies, the health care costs associated with tobacco related illnesses is very detrimental to our economy, our government, and your system, and most of the ingredients wouldn't be fit for consumption if the public had full disclosure.

That is actually a pretty good point.

jd091
06-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Hopefully the other 70% of you realizes that it's none of our places to tell people how to treat their bodies or live their lives, hence it's legality. I feel the same argument applies for gay marriage, cannabis legalization, etc.

El Gordo
06-26-2011, 10:31 AM

I don't know about where you live, but here smoking is illegal in pretty much every public space -- bars, restaurants, patios with any overhead structure, any workplace including work vehicles, and I'm pretty sure its illegal within something like 9 metres of any doorway into a public building although people still smoke right outside of doors all the time. You can't even smoke in casinos around here anymore except in designated areas. The secondhand smoke thing doesn't really apply anymore. If you are bothered by it, feel free to move. It's not like it used to be where the couple beside you at dinner can light up a couple of smokes while you're trying to enjoy a steak.

larvtard
06-27-2011, 06:00 AM
Just came back from academic orientation, people are nice as hell here. Just picked my schedule too:

Poly-sci: international relations
History: early Europe
Astronomy: exploring the cosmos
Math: applications of finite math

I also have a honors seminar so I'll probably drop one of those ^

jd091
06-27-2011, 06:03 AM
History: early Europe

What years are we talking here? Ancient, before common era? CE-middle ages? Pre-Renaissance? Post Renaissance? Give me an idea.

larvtard
06-27-2011, 06:20 AM
What years are we talking here? Ancient, before common era? CE-middle ages? Pre-Renaissance? Post Renaissance? Give me an idea.

AD 500 - 1648. Thats what the website said anyway, Im not aware of the syllabus yet

jd091
06-27-2011, 06:26 AM
AD 500 - 1648

That is fucking sweet! I'd love to take a class for that time period, but I don't know if I'd ever be able to fit it in.

jd091
06-27-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm having some argument about metal with a kid on my friends Facebook status. The kid dissed Whitechapel as "poseur" deathcore, and he only likes "true death metal". I retorted by saying whether you like it or not, they're probably one of the most important bands to the genre, and bands such as Chelsea Grin, Oceano and I Declare War would be the "poseurs" since they literally rip off the breakdowns of Whitechapel an other bands.

He responded with "that is strange what you said because Oceano and I Declare War are some of the only deathcore bands i listen to lol, along with suicide silence and despised icon who are most important to the genre"

/facepalm

treghet
06-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Arguing with people on Facebook is a waste of time.

BloodoftheKings
06-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Arguing with people on Facebook is a waste of time.

It really is. Arguing on youtube is the worst though.

DethMaiden
06-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Ha!

Brad you famous now

Shit, I had no idea about this! Thanks. :lol:

Also short interview my ass, most of the quotes are going in a later piece. :mad:

jd091
06-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Some punk kids just hit our house with fireworks. My old man fuckin' ran out of the house faster than Greg Puciato in the Virgin Megastore after them. THERE WILL BE BLOOD :lol:

evildeadjedi
06-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Some punk kids just hit our house with fireworks. My old man fuckin' ran out of the house faster than Greg Puciato in the Virgin Megastore after them. THERE WILL BE BLOOD :lol:

Did he step on the heads/shoulders of innocent bystanders as well? :D

larvtard
06-27-2011, 08:14 PM

cool story bro

jd091
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Did he step on the heads/shoulders of innocent bystanders as well? :D

cool story bro

:finger:

BloodoftheKings
06-27-2011, 09:26 PM
A review of Limp Bizkit's new album done in the form of a parody of Public Enemy's "Bring the Noise":

Too crap, too wrong
Too crap, too wrong

Yo Goat,
These Nu Metal kids are still hatin’ on us
Show them that we can do this
‘Cause we always knew this, haha
Yeah, boy!

This?! How low can I go?
Nu Metal – little as a reviewer knows
Once again, back is the inevitable
The indefensible
The least rational...
A fan? Not Limp Bizkit’s number one
But they said “review!” and I went numb
Can I tell ‘em that I really never had fun?
But it’s the order from the MR forum, son...
Now they’ve got me in hell, ‘cause my writing, it tells
‘Cause a reviewer (not me!) once said, “Well...
Dursts’ is a band who I think you ought to listen to,
What his rhymes say to you, Nookie, Boiler, even Faith too.”
Fuck that for now, posters on this forum say
"Make a miracle, G, wax satirical,
Nu Metal’s back, all in, they’re gonna win?"
Kick it out, yeah y’all c’mon, here it goes again.

Never badder than bad, ‘cept Durst is worse and worst
All is crap, but he alone corrupts Gold Cobra
Borland’s in an ok role, but they treat him a mope on dope
Riffs stolen from Slayer and still there’s no hope!
Brain-dead, the rhymes I’m hearing inside
That music’s morons are all loving them for
They’ll never care for the metalheads and -headesses
Now across the world Limp Bizkit's starting a war...
We got to retaliate, come on now, they’re not gonna wait
'Til we start a fight
Metal blogs and sites I question their kvltness
They call themselves kvlt but we’ll see if they’ll link this

Get this away from me, a band dead to me
Their cover art conforms, I see it as sad, y’know
They put girls on a record from side to side
But covered-up, bikinis, a glimpse of a backside
Rebels? Mind control! Rap is the father of their “rock and roll”
This music's for who? And why? You call this a band, man?
Makin’ metal music, they abuse it, but they can’t do it...
Ya know, we should review more demos... I’m ashamed of me and you
But Limp Bizkit’s fans aren't afraid of you, so tell them true
About the riffs in Thrash, Black – Grind, Power Metal too.
But Bizkit tried to add a DJ to their band
Rely on their beats to get you out your seat...
And if you think this is fun to hear, well
Durst just detracts, still he annoys to hell
Yet forever and forever, universal ...Cobra will sell!
Time for me to exit, writing, this wrecks it

From coast to coast, listeners to this are just comatose
And this band, their music's sick, like vomit on toast
Underground metal? It will last. Why you ask?
What Bizkit calls guitars, they’ll never get accepted as
They got to improve their riffs, I can’t discriminate
Don’t need to wait for advice, get your songwriting straight
Too glossy, a defect, do us a favour, find a saviour
Durst can sign checks, but play it less staid
Else they’ve got to stop right now before hatred renews
Their music’s existence is dissing me and dissing you
Yeah, I’m telling you...

taken from metal reviews

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 10:56 AM
I just got blocked from posting (or shouting, if you will) on Last.FM because I called Avril Lavigne a slut. :hmm:

larvtard
06-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I just got blocked from posting (or shouting, if you will) on Last.FM because I called Avril Lavigne a slut. :hmm:

did you lose your job?

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 11:15 AM
did you lose your job?

Holy shit.

HOLY SHIT.

I don't think so. I can still access the admin page, and navigate it, but I just can't post in shoutboxes. Hmm. I'm assuming this is temporary.

jd091
06-28-2011, 11:16 AM
lol

Wizzbang11
06-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Holy shit.

HOLY SHIT.

I don't think so. I can still access the admin page, and navigate it, but I just can't post in shoutboxes. Hmm. I'm assuming this is temporary.

Wait, you work for last.fm?

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Wait, you work for last.fm?

Yeah, that's my source of income. Did you think I asked my parents to pay for all my concerts?

RAZOR
06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah, that's my source of income. Did you think I asked my parents to pay for all my concerts?

...I think we all thought that. :lol:

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 11:39 AM
...I think we all thought that. :lol:

LOL @ everybody.

I'll rephrase once again:

I pay for stadium shows, and significant club shows. Small (and here small can be as big as Parkway Drive or Mastodon actually) club shows I get let into for free since I frequently work as an interpreter for American bands.

larvtard
06-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I frequently work as an interpreter for American bands.

that is freakin' awesome :party:

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 11:46 AM
that is freakin' awesome :party:

I've translated before for All That Remains, Sum 41, Yellowcard, Poets of the Fall, and The American Dollar :cool:

I've also filled in as guitar tech guy for Dillinger Escape Plan, and Black Dahlia Murder.

Wizzbang11
06-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Yes. Yes I did.

jd091
06-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I've translated before for All That Remains, Sum 41, Yellowcard, Poets of the Fall, and The American Dollar :cool:

I've also filled in as guitar tech guy for Dillinger Escape Plan, and Black Dahlia Murder.

Holy shit that's awesome! What do you do for last.fm? Like, coding or scripting or something?

Wizzbang11
06-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Has anyone here heard of Nicole 12?
I will not back down on my stance of "no censorship ever no matter what" but if any group were to make me reconsider for a moment, it would be them. Very few artists are capable of making me feel physically revolted and disturbed.

larvtard
06-28-2011, 11:55 AM

you mean you've played guitar for them?

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
you mean you've played guitar for them?

I wish :tp: No, I just fixed their guitars up before the show. Soundcheck guy, if you will.

Yes. Yes I did.

Fuck you, what I am, 8 years old?

Holy shit that's awesome! What do you do for last.fm? Like, coding or scripting or something?

That too. Mostly I monitor threads and help people. :)

jd091
06-28-2011, 12:10 PM
What the fuck, you're only 15 and your life is at least twice as cool as mine.

larvtard
06-28-2011, 12:19 PM
What the fuck, you're only 15 and your life is at least ten times as cool as mine.

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
What the fuck, you're only 15 and your life is at least ten times as cool as mine.

What is this, a contest? ;)

larvtard
06-28-2011, 12:32 PM
What is this, a contest? ;)

No, not really. jd said your life was twice as cool as his and I followed up by saying your life is ten times as cool as mine.

masterguy49
06-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Going to Atlanta for a week starting from Saturday. Any ideas on what to do there?

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Going to Atlanta for a week starting from Saturday. Any ideas on what to do there?

07/02 - Washed Out @ The Earl
07/07 - Harvey Milk @ The Earl
07/08 - COB/Devy/Obscura/Septicflesh @ Masquerade
07/08 - Animal Collective @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
07/09 - Revocation @ The Drunken Unicorn

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 12:52 PM
It's a two-week suspension from posting. :hmm: That means two weeks without pay, since I rarely do HTML anyway.

FUUUU

masterguy49
06-28-2011, 12:55 PM
07/02 - Washed Out @ The Earl
07/07 - Harvey Milk @ The Earl
07/08 - COB/Devy/Obscura/Septicflesh @ Masquerade
07/08 - Animal Collective @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
07/09 - Revocation @ The Drunken Unicorn

Unfortunately I'm leaving the 8th probably can't make it t Revocation :mad:

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately I'm leaving the 8th probably can't make it t Revocation :mad:

Damn man, you miss the two best gigs of the week. :( Go see Harvey Milk.

jd091
06-28-2011, 01:07 PM
It's a two-week suspension from posting. :hmm: That means two weeks without pay, since I rarely do HTML anyway.

FUUUU

Ahahahhahha oohhhh my god, I'm sorry that's fucking hilarious. Did Avril Lavigne really deserve it? REALLY?

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Ahahahhahha oohhhh my god, I'm sorry that's fucking hilarious. Did Avril Lavigne really deserve it? REALLY?

What the fuck, I'm so pissed. :mad:

mankvill
06-28-2011, 01:28 PM

Yeah, couldn't you have picked a more relevant celebrity?

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, couldn't you have picked a more relevant celebrity?

I was just talking about her with a friend a minute before, so I felt as though I should share my sentiments.

mastodon421
06-28-2011, 02:03 PM

Blow.

jd091
06-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I was just talking about her with a friend a minute before, so I felt as though I should share my sentiments.

Why would they ban you for saying that? Is it a fully censored board or something? That's lame.

larvtard
06-28-2011, 02:47 PM

you can hang out with me :eyes: if not I can give you some other ideas on what to do. Where are you staying exactly?

and those shows at the Earl are 21+

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Why would they ban you for saying that? Is it a fully censored board or something? That's lame.

No, it's just that certain admins are assigned certain shoutboxes (boards) to watch and administrate. If there are any people who constantly trolll and are obviously just fucking around with no logical purpose, we're recommended to ban those fuckers (or suspend a privilege).

larvtard
06-28-2011, 02:49 PM

FUUUU

yeah but you get paid like 30 bucks a month. Go get a real job or something and stop complaining :finger:

masterguy49
06-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Blow.

I already do that enough at home ;)

you can hang out with me :eyes: if not I can give you some other ideas on what to do. Where are you staying exactly?

and those shows at the Earl are 21+
Well I have no idea where I'm staying, but so far I know we are going to CNN place, Coca Cola Factory, and Six Flags. But apparently I'm only in atlanta for like 3/4 days, then I'll be off to somewhere more up north cause we have a cabin or some shit.

Plus aren't you coming down to Delray in the end of July?
Btw when exactly is that? We might be able to go to a show ;)

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
yeah but you get paid like 30 bucks a month. Go get a real job or something and stop complaining :finger:

I would, but you have to be 21 years of age or older to get a job here. My zine which I write for only pays me $30 a month too.

ShatteredFlame
06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
They need to start banning people on the Opeth shoutbox. I've been a member of the site for 4 years and on any given day, just one look at thing can flat out piss me off.

larvtard
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Well I have no idea where I'm staying, but so far I know we are going to CNN place, Coca Cola Factory, and Six Flags. But apparently I'm only in atlanta for like 3/4 days, then I'll be off to somewhere more up north cause we have a cabin or some shit.

Plus aren't you coming down to Delray in the end of July?
Btw when exactly is that? We might be able to go to a show ;)

Ok, so in the downtown area. It's really cool down there, be sure to check out Little Five Points too. Great restaurants and record stores and coffeeshops and shit like that. It's the hipster neighborhood :tp:

I dunno the actual dates yet. what shows are in Delray at the end of July?

I would, but you have to be 21 years of age or older to get a job here.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

holy shit Russia must still be Communist or something

masterguy49
06-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Ok, so in the downtown area. It's really cool down there, be sure to check out Little Five Points too. Great restaurants and record stores and coffeeshops and shit like that. It's the hipster neighborhood :tp:

I dunno the actual dates yet. what shows are in Delray at the end of July?

Will do :tongue:

Oh and I thought Toxic Holocaust would be here around that time, but I guess I was wrong.
Only thing at the end of July is Warped Tour :lol:

jd091
06-28-2011, 03:09 PM
They need to start banning people on the Opeth shoutbox. I've been a member of the site for 4 years and on any given day, just one look at thing can flat out piss me off.

"watershed mixing is awful."

"Everything is more prog than Opeth. Come on, dude."

"Sounds like Heritage will probably have even more Nickelback influences than Still Life. I am pleased. "

"FUCKING BOW DOWN." /facepalm

Dude, you're right.

Indestructible
06-28-2011, 03:13 PM
"Sounds like Heritage will probably have even more Nickelback influences than Still Life.

In what way does any Opeth album sound like Nickleback?

jd091
06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
In what way does any Opeth album sound like Nickleback?

I don't know dude. Some epic trolls be a trollin'.

larvtard
06-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Will do :tongue:

Oh and I thought Toxic Holocaust would be here around that time, but I guess I was wrong.
Only thing at the end of July is Warped Tour :lol:

yeah, I'm not sure you're worth suffering through that shit :hecho:

jd091
06-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Oh, and if you feel like laughing out of your fucking chair, watch this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-sVpBDIsw&feature=player_embedded)

brutal_descent
06-28-2011, 03:34 PM
HAHAHAH OH MY GAWD

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5023/5882088667_1aaac0c53e_z.jpg

If that album came out in 2003, I was 7 years old. Give me a fucking break, I was a kid once too :lol:

masterguy49
06-28-2011, 04:28 PM
yeah, I'm not sure you're worth suffering through that shit :hecho:

I think I am :D

BloodoftheKings
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I tried hookah tonight. I find it to be pretty pointless. It's like smoking a laffy taffy.