PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

TonyD
06-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Jellybeans: I don't like 'em. Am I weird?

Kinda. What's not to like?

I am $900/$1000 saved up for Rites of Darkness.

Better start a second fund for Maiden

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Kinda. What's not to like?

http://www.essentiallyhealthyfood.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/13/sugar.jpg

DethMaiden
06-02-2011, 06:05 AM
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/seannel/seannel0908/seannel090800187/5329319-statue-of-a-man-on-top-of-horse-on-a-roof-of-building-in-vienna-austria.jpg

Dear God, that horse is high up.

brutal_descent
06-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Out of the blue, but for a 15 year-old, every stranger I've met at a concert has mistaken me for an 18 year-old. I also get let into 18+ venues, but I don't think that's necessarily because of how I look, I think it's just the venues here being lazy.

No matter what, I've always been let in, but I have come close to being kept out a few times. I took my friend to Meshuggah the first weekend of this past April (as some of you can remember ;)) - Meshuggah was performing at the Moscow equivalent of Oakland Metro, or Bottom of the Hill (Bay Area represent!). In other words, it's pretty much impossible not to be let in for anything. My friend is short and (sort of) pudgy, and for a 13 year-old, looks 12. :eyes: The guard start bitching to me about the venue rules but I told him that I had taken him to three other shows in the past month here, and he just grumbled and let him through...

When I saw Soulfly this past Halloween, I went with a large (for me) number of friends, around six people including me. The guard didn't want to let us in - I think it was because they weren't sure they wanted to be the ones to let in a group of "kids here to cause trouble and/or get hurt". We had a feud with the manager of the club but he let us in later warning us that if we got our asses kicked it wouldn't be his fault :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
06-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Dear God, that horse is high up.

Did you take that picture on your Surrend-tour 2011?

mastodon421
06-02-2011, 11:16 AM
http://rateyourmusic.com/lists/list_view?list_id=224405&show=25&start=125

This list made me laugh out loud due to it's ignorance.

jd091
06-02-2011, 12:27 PM

I mean, the guy says he's serious but its pretty obviously a troll.

Indestructible
06-02-2011, 01:02 PM

You're not a poser because you listen to a certain band. You're a poser if you say you listen to a band when you really don't just to fit in. Or when you claim to be the biggest fan of a band when you only know three songs.

Wizzbang11
06-02-2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCKYzS1ZZJ0
Awesome band that opened for the Murder Junkies, so glad it got filmed.
Also I am featured more prominently in this than any other videos Ive seen :D

mankvill
06-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Went out to shop some CD's (which ended VERY well) and found the new Deafheaven album. I didn't buy it, but I know some dudes here like them. How are they? I kinda researched them, but didn't listen. Are they like WITTR?

rjturtle9
06-02-2011, 05:44 PM

I only listen to a handful of those bands, but seriously, Dethklok, Mastadon!? That's some good shit right there!

And that first Black Tide album is pretty solid...

Indestructible
06-02-2011, 05:51 PM
If you're going to make a list of bands that make people posers if they listen to them, shouldn't that list be made up of bands everyone would know?

evildeadjedi
06-02-2011, 05:55 PM

Exactly, Gojiria, Giant Squid, Cult of Luna, Wolves in the Throne Room, Opeth, gtfo...:tp:

MPF
06-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Damn 63/140

I am a fucking poser.

daimonos
06-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Last day of High school tomorrow.

larvtard
06-02-2011, 06:48 PM
went urban exploring today :drool:

Wizzbang11
06-02-2011, 06:51 PM
went urban exploring today :drool:

Isn't "urban explorer" just a fancy term for "homeless"?

larvtard
06-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Isn't "urban explorer" just a fancy term for "homeless"?

Haha. No, urban exploring is exploring abandoned buildings and shit. My bud and I went to this old prison which was shut down in '95; two years ago there was a huge fire but the firefighters neglected to stop it and just let it burn so it would consume itself, which it eventually did. Really cool.

Wizzbang11
06-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Haha. No, urban exploring is exploring abandoned buildings and shit. My bud and I went to this old prison which was shut down in '95; two years ago there was a huge fire but the firefighters neglected to stop it and just let it burn so it would consume itself, which it eventually did. Really cool.

Sure it is ;)
There are some cool abandoned places here, but a lot of them are filled with crackheads/other dangerous denizens so it makes the whole thing sadly more difficult. I wish I lived somewhere where there were abandoned factories and all that, those would be really cool to explore.

larvtard
06-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Sure it is ;)
There are some cool abandoned places here, but a lot of them are filled with crackheads/other dangerous denizens so it makes the whole thing sadly more difficult. I wish I lived somewhere where there were abandoned factories and all that, those would be really cool to explore.

Yeah, we were going to go to this old abandoned building but all the windows were cinder blocked. There may have been one possible entrance but there were a bunch of crazy-looking homeless folk around there so we decided not to push it. This lady was following us, going "Why you runnin'? There ain't nothin' to be scared of." Twas sketchy :lol:

I'm trying to look for some other places to explore around here but it seems like they're all haunted, and that sorta scares me...

NecroRob
06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Went out to shop some CD's (which ended VERY well) and found the new Deafheaven album. I didn't buy it, but I know some dudes here like them. How are they? I kinda researched them, but didn't listen. Are they like WITTR?

There new album is pretty great.

And yes, one could compare them rather easily to WITTR.

illuminatus917
06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I take it thats the black metal one.
I heard them on my girlfriends itunes, because the jackass who made the torrent put one of their albums in with the poopy impending doom and I was like WHAT THE HELL, IMPENDING DOOM ACTUALLY USED TO BE GOOD?!

:lol:

:lol: I've had people ask me before if I liked Impending Doom, and I was like "yeah, the one from Germany's not bad at all."

Nick_to_the_face
06-03-2011, 11:19 AM
:lol: I've had people ask me before if I liked Impending Doom, and I was like "yeah, the one from Germany's not bad at all."

The only thing that really bugs me is their damn snare drum on the Ceades Sacrilage album, annoys the shit out of me

jd091
06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Whats the only way to make an Obscura off-date headlining show better?

ANNOUNCE THAT SKELETONWITCH IS GONNA OPEN FOR 'EM :party::party::party::party:

daimonos
06-03-2011, 01:26 PM
No more high school for me! :rocker:

RAZOR
06-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Congrats!! :party:

jd091
06-03-2011, 02:32 PM

Nice! :realchug: :stoned: :drinking:

treghet
06-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Whats the only way to make an Obscura off-date headlining show better?

ANNOUNCE THAT SKELETONWITCH IS GONNA OPEN FOR 'EM :party::party::party::party:

That's pretty cool. I'd much rather go to that than Children of Bodom / Devin Townsend.

illuminatus917
06-03-2011, 09:54 PM

I remember that feeling. "That was easy, now what?"

daimonos
06-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Congrats!! :party:

Thank you!

Nice! :realchug: :stoned: :drinking:

Exactly.

I remember that feeling. "That was easy, now what?"

Yeah it's weird. I guess it really hasn't hit me how big of a deal it is yet.

larvtard
06-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Me neither. I don't think it is a big deal, honestly. I hated high school anyway. I wasted those four years.

El Gordo
06-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Me neither. I don't think it is a big deal, honestly. I hated high school anyway. I wasted those four years.

I had a fucking blast in high school. I guess it's different for everyone, but those really were 5 of the best years of my life.

TonyD
06-04-2011, 12:35 PM
I had a fucking blast in high school. I guess it's different for everyone, but those really were 5 of the best years of my life.

:lol: High school is 5 in Canadia?

El Gordo
06-04-2011, 12:40 PM

It was. It's not anymore. OAC (or grade 13) was great because all your buddies who had early birthdays could buy booze legally. Anyway, we could graduate after four years, but if you wanted to go to University you had to take the fifth year to obtain enough credits.

mastodon421
06-04-2011, 02:27 PM

I graduated a year ago and it still hasn't hit me. It just feels really fucking strange that I graduated a year ago, the time has completely flew by.

GarageMetal468
06-04-2011, 03:39 PM
I think I've found a group of people that piss me off more than hipsters and scene kids. Those neo thrash kids that wear a shirt of an old school thrash band, tight jeans, and 80s white high top shoes. As if the way they dress isn't atrocious enough, their personalities are even worse. These kids will go to great lengths to avoid being labeled as a "poser", yet they'll call anyone that doesn't dress like them posers. The irony in that is beyond funny.

They need to open their eyes and realize that they're not in the 80s anymore, and they weren't even born when thrash was at its peak. I know someone in his 40s that was stage diving at Slayer and Nuclear Assault shows in the 80s and he doesn't even dress like that today! No old thrash band does that anymore, funny enough it's usually try hard new thrash bands that do this (COUGH FUELED BY FIRE COUGH).

I just needed to vent this out, but what's everyone's opinion on these people?

mankvill
06-04-2011, 03:56 PM
I think I've found a group of people that piss me off more than hipsters and scene kids. Those neo thrash kids that wear a shirt of an old school thrash band, tight jeans, and 80s white high top shoes. As if the way they dress isn't atrocious enough, their personalities are even worse. These kids will go to great lengths to avoid being labeled as a "poser", yet they'll call anyone that doesn't dress like them posers. The irony in that is beyond funny.

They need to open their eyes and realize that they're not in the 80s anymore, and they weren't even born when thrash was at its peak. I know someone in his 40s that was stage diving at Slayer and Nuclear Assault shows in the 80s and he doesn't even dress like that today! No old thrash band does that anymore, funny enough it's usually try hard new thrash bands that do this (COUGH FUELED BY FIRE COUGH).

Anyone who dresses a certain way to fit a certain mold should be scorned by everyone.

And I love new/neo thrash ;_;

El Gordo
06-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Anyone who dresses a certain way to fit a certain mold should be scorned by everyone.

And I love new/neo thrash ;_;

"It's not the band I hate, it's their fans..."

ravenheart
06-04-2011, 04:13 PM

It's five here, ending at 16. The two years between school and university are for different qualifications. Some schools have the capacity to teach those, some don't, so there are colleges which do.

mankvill
06-04-2011, 04:15 PM
"It's not the band I hate, it's their fans..."

Love Christ, hate the Christians

slapguitarer
06-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Took the SAT today.

Dextrimental
06-04-2011, 04:47 PM

I feel about them the way I feel about absolutely EVERYONE. If those clothes are what you feel comfortable in, and the style that you feel best represents you, then go for it. Its when the kids are wearing these clothes and styles just to be acepted by someone or something, then its wrong and they need a firm talking to. I don't know any of these kids, and I'm certainly not going to pass judgement on them based on what they are wearing. Let them wear what they want.

Dextrimental
06-04-2011, 04:50 PM
It's five here, ending at 16. The two years between school and university are for different qualifications. Some schools have the capacity to teach those, some don't, so there are colleges which do.

Its 5 here, with an optional 6th, which is preceded by 8 years primary education. And that 6th year, is in the middle, between junior cert and the start of leaving cert. I did 13 years in standardised education all in.

larvtard
06-04-2011, 04:53 PM

Well, name something that most people do in high school. Bets are I didn't do it :snivel:

slapguitarer
06-04-2011, 06:09 PM
5 years in highschool?

Were you a super senior?

jd091
06-04-2011, 07:24 PM
5 years in highschool?

Were you a super senior?

No... worse...

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_12/sp_1204_03.jpg

mankvill
06-04-2011, 07:44 PM
No... worse...

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_12/sp_1204_03.jpg

That's terrible, buddy.

BloodoftheKings
06-04-2011, 07:57 PM
That's terrible, buddy.

He's not your buddy, guy!

mankvill
06-04-2011, 09:08 PM
He's not your buddy, guy!

I'm not your guy, fwiend!

BloodoftheKings
06-04-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm not your guy, fwiend!

Well i'm not your fwiend, budday!

ChildrenofSodom
06-05-2011, 07:54 AM
I feel about them the way I feel about absolutely EVERYONE. If those clothes are what you feel comfortable in, and the style that you feel best represents you, then go for it. Its when the kids are wearing these clothes and styles just to be acepted by someone or something, then its wrong and they need a firm talking to. I don't know any of these kids, and I'm certainly not going to pass judgement on them based on what they are wearing. Let them wear what they want.

Technically, the reason someone would feel comfortable wearing a certain style of clothing, or be part of a scene, is because it provides them with group identity and validation. No one likes being an outside, and dressing a certain way makes them part of that in-group. Therefore, I believe, they are dressing a certain way to fit in. They probably do like the music, and I'm not calling them posers. But if we all dressed in the most comfortable way possible, we would all be naked (depending on climate.)

brutal_descent
06-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I usually pick out what to wear before a show. If I'm going to an indie show, I'll dress like a hipster. If I'm going to a death/thrash show, I'll go as a 80s thrasher. :lol: It really makes no difference to me - I treat shows and clothes like costume parties - the main reason you're going is to have fun, but you want to also sort of fit into the event.

Overall though, I dress neither hipster nor metalhead. :tp:

RAZOR
06-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Wuteva, wutev, I dress how I want. ;)

Indestructible
06-05-2011, 08:26 AM
We could stop labeling people(scene, hipster etc) and let them dress and listen to what they want.

treghet
06-05-2011, 08:27 AM

I know some kids who are the exact description you typed. They are total assholes.

I have no problem with people dressing in the thrash style, although a lot of these kids and new bands go completely overboard trying to get as many thrash points as possible. What bothers me is the attitude many of them have, which is as you said, very arrogant.

treghet
06-05-2011, 08:31 AM
We could stop labeling people(scene, hipster etc) and let them dress and listen to what they want.

I've heard this argument a million times and it doesn't change anybody's opinion. It's not so much that we are labeling people, it's that people want to be part of a label/clique. A lot of people dress a certain way for validation, which is the reason these labels exist.

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2011, 08:50 AM
I've heard this argument a million times and it doesn't change anybody's opinion. It's not so much that we are labeling people, it's that people want to be part of a label/clique. A lot of people dress a certain way for validation, which is the reason these labels exist.

This. If they don't want to be labeled why would they go out of there way to get clothes that fit that label?

Dextrimental
06-05-2011, 08:54 AM
This. If they don't want to be labeled why would they go out of there way to get clothes that fit that label?

I would argue that its simply for comfort. I wear band t shirts daily, because I want to. I like the designs and what not. Not all of these kids are wearing these types of clothes to perpetuate the a trend, its simply because its the clothes they feel comfortable wearing. As humans, we each have our own opinion and perception, as such, fashion is up to us individually what we like and want to wear.

Indestructible
06-05-2011, 09:04 AM

They never wanted to be labled. They went out to get clothes that they wanted to wear, and one day someone decided to put a label on them and make them feel bad about the clothes they wear because those clothes don't fit the norm of society. Emos goths whatever, they are all labels that don't need to exsist. If people would stop labeling and sterotyping everyone these things wouldn't be a big deal.

brutal_descent
06-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Everybody here knows the root of the word utopia, right? :lol:

Wizzbang11
06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
I hate most neo thrashers, but honestly the dress is 0% of my disdain for them. I don't care what people choose to wear, but it does bother me a lot when "metal" people complain about how dumb metal fans are for dressing that way. I love the style, scene etc. It's badass. If you don't want to dress that way, whatever, but there's nothing more "advanced" about you if that is the case. I also can say, it is possible to think something looks cool without having to be attempting to fit a label. I don't even like half the people with the same music taste I have (macho assholes) but leather, bullets spikes and gasmasks are fucking cool, so I will wear them.

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2011, 09:36 AM
its simply because its the clothes they feel comfortable wearing.

I just don't understand how anyone could be comfortable in skinny jeans.

brutal_descent
06-05-2011, 09:38 AM

I used to think that up to last fall - they're pretty comfortable, but getting them off is like fucking torture. :hmm:

RAZOR
06-05-2011, 09:38 AM

They're very comfortable...but then again I'm lacking something you all have.

brutal_descent
06-05-2011, 09:39 AM
They're very comfortable...but then again I'm lacking something you all have.

:finger:

But really, how does that change anything?

RAZOR
06-05-2011, 09:46 AM

But really, how does that change anything?

Well I just always hear guys that are wearing skinny jeans having issues with their package feeling suffocated and etc. when they wear them, and I don't have that issue, haha.

larvtard
06-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I only wear metal t-shirts, at school, at home, out. I just don't feel comfortable wearing polos or plaid/flannel, and I don't have any other t-shirts.

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2011, 09:55 AM
I wear t-shirts (mostly metal) and jeans (when cold) or shorts (when warm). My non-metal shirts are my Army of Darkness shirt and a couple school shirts that I don't wear in public very often.

brutal_descent
06-05-2011, 10:02 AM
What I wear during fall/autumn:

- Flannel shirt
- Band tee
- Baggy jeans
- Converse

What I wear during winter:

- Plain (usually warm) hoodie
- Band tee
- Baggy jeans
- Converse

What I wear during spring:

- Band tee
- Skinny jeans
- Converse

What I wear during summer:

- Nothing

:lol: Kidding. Just the same as during spring.

ShatteredFlame
06-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't like generic "black" band t-shirts. If I buy a band shirt, I usually go for the more expensive colored stuff that are way more comfortable. I guess you could say I dress like a hipster everywhere (even at metal shows) but it's comfortable and I like the look.

RAZOR
06-05-2011, 10:10 AM
I just wear band t-shirts and skinny jeans year round, except when I'm feeling girly and throw on a plain shirt (usually black) or a dress. Tank tops and shorts in the summer, and my choice of shoes varies from day to day. :lol:

jd091
06-05-2011, 12:14 PM
80% of what I wear are metal tees, the other 20% are just single color shirts, or shirts from good restaurants ;)

In the winter, I wear flannel almost 24/7. Jeans/Coudoroys all the time when cold, khaki/black plain shorts when warm. Short black socks. I've been diggin' my new pair of Gravis shoes lately, too:

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/50000018/Images/2/420/GRAV110810_100626.Main.jpg

:cool:

illuminatus917
06-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I like crocs.

http://thedivinemissmommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/crocs.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
06-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Ok, the bare essentials (IE - the first shirt, first leg covering, socks, and shoes) are for comfort. Every additional piece of clothing past that is fashion. Wearing a denim jacket with band packets, manmade holes, chains, and spikes isn't comfortable. It is 100% about self-identifying with a group and labeling yourself.

Wizzbang11
06-05-2011, 12:46 PM
My wardrobe extends to combat boots, band shirts, spiked/patched leather jacket, GAUZE hoodie and a suit for formal things. I have no middle ground.

Wizzbang11
06-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Ok, the bare essentials (IE - the first shirt, first leg covering, socks, and shoes) are for comfort. Every additional piece of clothing past that is fashion. Wearing a denim jacket with band packets, manmade holes, chains, and spikes isn't comfortable. It is 100% about self-identifying with a group and labeling yourself.

My leather jacket is REALLY comfortable, and good for colder weather.

IrritatedTrout
06-05-2011, 01:00 PM
I never wear band t shirts unless I'm going to a show. Even then I might only put a band t on once I get to the arena. When I saw Maiden in Lauderdale I wore an American Eagle shirt on the plane and changed in the arena parking lot. I remember Logan digging my "Janick style".:lol:

I like band shirts as concert souvenirs but most of them don't fit well enough / aren't comfortable enough for regular wear. Plus I don't like washing my tour shirts too much and fading them.

Nick_to_the_face
06-05-2011, 01:06 PM
I now officially feel targeted with my leather jacket and Nuclear Assault t-shirt :lol:

honestly, all I really wear is metal shirts, with a few exceptions. and i have baggy jeans, and slimmer jeans(not skinny)

and I feel comfortable in everything I wear,plus whats wrong if I wanna wear a wallet and a shit load of chains? I think it looks cool.
But I can't wear my wallet in my back pocket anymore..because apparently if upsets my scoliosis..:eyes:

ShatteredFlame
06-05-2011, 01:17 PM
One ridiculous thing I just remember about "belonging to the scene" is on the MDF boards a few years ago I remember some guy making a big deal about whether airport security would confiscate his bullet vests.

Now something like that I can't understand. I don't know why anyone would even risk possibly getting arrested just to make a fashion statement.

jd091
06-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah... I wear skinny jeans...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/06/backpain-1277406949.jpg

illuminatus917
06-05-2011, 01:36 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/06/backpain-1277406949.jpg

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/mr-spock.jpg

mankvill
06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
My wardrobe:

T-shirt (95% black metal, 3% non-black metal, 1% evil dead/army of darkness, 1% KU)
Cargo shorts
Tennis shoes
Weedeater hat

The only differences I have are whether to wear my Windir jacket or my Napalm Death jacket. Usually Windir.

Every day. I don't give a fuck. I've worn Ben folds shirts to death metal shows and Phobia shirts to Boris shows.

I don't even give a FFFFFFFFFFF

GarageMetal468
06-05-2011, 01:59 PM
I like crocs.

http://thedivinemissmommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/crocs.jpg

GTFO

But really, the neo thrash kids are probably the next metal related fad to come through, I've noticed scene kids are dying down. It's not the way they dress that annoy me, its why they do it and their personality and mentality that comes with it. Every single one of these kids I've met have all been stuck up, especially if they're in a band.

And if we're on the topic of what we wear: Mostly band shirts, right now cargo shorts, jeans when it's colder, and vans shoes.

jd091
06-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Now that I think about it, I dress just like one of the guys in BTBAM...

http://www.realdetroitweekly.com/imager/between-the-buried-and-me/b/original/1474116/1b24/between-the-buried-and-me.jpg

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2011, 03:01 PM
1% evil dead/army of darkness,

:lovedup: Which one? I have this one.
http://www.teesforall.com/images/Army_Of_Darkness_Torn_Shirt_Black_Shirt.jpg

larvtard
06-05-2011, 03:17 PM

I kinda expected that from you;)

mankvill
06-05-2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.besteveralbums.com/overall.php?rank=1#227

Top 10 albums determined by pooling together all the "Best Of" lists from internet/magazines/etc. and combining them:

#1: Radiohead - OK Computer
#10: Radiohead - Kid A

Suck it

slapguitarer
06-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I just wear band shirts and jeans every day I don't have school. I have to wear collared shirts at school.

mankvill
06-05-2011, 03:33 PM
:lovedup: Which one? I have this one.
http://www.teesforall.com/images/Army_Of_Darkness_Torn_Shirt_Black_Shirt.jpg

1 Army of Darkness, 1 Evil Dead

Army Of Darkness has on the front Ash holding the Shotgun above his head and the tagline "Trapped In Time, Surrounded By Evil, Low On Gas" and then the logo on the back.

The Evil Dead one has poster image of Ash with the chainsaw above his head and the girl behind him with "EVIL DEAD" in giant letters and on the back it says something like "The Ultimate Experience In Grueling Horror"

christopher
06-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I ust read Autopsy played a secret show in LA last night:mad:

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/9261446-autopsy-at-good-hurt

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.besteveralbums.com/overall.php?rank=1#227

Top 10 albums determined by pooling together all the "Best Of" lists from internet/magazines/etc. and combining them:

#1: Radiohead - OK Computer
#10: Radiohead - Kid A

Suck it

Basically the same as the rate your music charts.

mankvill
06-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Basically the same as the rate your music charts.

When are people going to realize that the two most influential bands of all time are The Beatles and Radiohead?

Wizzbang11
06-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I ust read Autopsy played a secret show in LA last night:mad:

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/9261446-autopsy-at-good-hurt

So they played a show in Texas, and then flew to LA later that night? I dunno....
Plus their facebook says they just got home (SF) today, 4 hours ago. I suppose that could be from LA, but I doubt it.

christopher
06-05-2011, 03:49 PM
So they played a show in Texas, and then flew to LA later that night? I dunno....
Plus their facebook says they just got home (SF) today, 4 hours ago. I suppose that could be from LA, but I doubt it.

They played on Friday in Texas, then Satuday in LA.

Wizzbang11
06-05-2011, 03:51 PM
They played on Friday in Texas, then Satuday in LA.

Oh, I thought it was the 4th.

ShatteredFlame
06-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know of a good youtube downloader? Not Keepvid, it won't work on my comp for some reason and the results you get on google all have survey bullshit

illuminatus917
06-05-2011, 05:41 PM
When are people going to realize that the two most influential bands of all time are The Beatles and Radiohead?

I actually wouldn't argue with that.

El Gordo
06-05-2011, 06:14 PM

While that may be true, judging by the state of popular music today, I don't know if I'd consider that to be a compliment to the bands in question.

illuminatus917
06-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I think a better, and maybe more accurate, way of saying it would be that each band is as influential to their given time period as the other. Or, each is the most influential band to their relative time period. I think that would be even harder to argue against.

rjturtle9
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

Seriously, what dumb ass made this website?!

mankvill
06-05-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

Seriously, what dumb ass made this website?!

Fuck you! SLAYER!

brutal_descent
06-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Making a list of who I want to see the most at Graspop this year.

So far its (no order)-

Day #1: Protest the Hero, The Black Dahlia Murder, Sepultura, Watain

Day #2: Kvelertak, Kylesa, Triptykon, Black Label Society, Arch Enemy, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Electric Wizard

Day #3: D.R.I., Kreator, Mastodon, Opeth, Rob Zombie, and Slipknot.

Still considering seeing Legion of the Damned or not.

Wizzbang11
06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
:bliss:

You live in Belgium now too?

brutal_descent
06-06-2011, 08:31 AM
:bliss:

You live in Belgium now too?

It's like my fucking home away from home, dude. :lol:

No.

Does ravenheart live in Sweden? No, but he's still going to Sweden Rock!

ShatteredFlame
06-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Trying to register for classes for my fall semester freshman year college but can't figure shit out. Everyone who went to the first orientation was given specific times in which we could register for classes. I got 1:00PM today, we are 50 minutes past that atm and every course I put in can't go through :bouville:. They made this process so complicated. At least 500 kids went to the first (of many) orientation and from what I heard only around 40% did what they were suppose to do online before coming (take these tests online and shit). I'm glad I'm good with computers but they really need to make this simpler.

jd091
06-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Making a list of who I want to see the most at Graspop this year.

So far its (no order)-

Day #2: Kvelertak, Kylesa, Triptykon, Black Label Society, Arch Enemy, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Electric Wizard

Day #3: D.R.I., Kreator, Mastodon, Opeth, Rob Zombie, and Slipknot.

Still considering seeing Legion of the Damned or not.

Yet another lucky fuckin' European who gets to see Kvelertak before me... :bouville:

christopher
06-06-2011, 12:43 PM

Good point. I'd say Bill Monroe's band is also one of the most influential band. They created Bluegrass

ChildrenofSodom
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Solidarity. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O_GRkMZJn4)

Natrlhi
06-06-2011, 01:50 PM
That's pretty cool. I'd much rather go to that than Children of Bodom / Devin Townsend.This.

EDIT:

OH MY FUCK - THIS SHOW IS AT FUCKING PEABODY'S!!!

:party: :bliss: :party: :lovedup: :party: :bliss: :party: :lovedup: :party: :bliss: :party: :lovedup: :party:

I has a woody.
http://www.theanimationblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/woody-woodpecker.jpg

larvtard
06-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Dave Davidson of Revocation just won MetalSucks' Top 25 Modern Metal Guitarists list. I hate MetalSucks but I am pleasantly surprised by their pick. I always wanted it to be him but since all the commenters were saying it would be Paul Waggoner (BTBAM) or Devin Townsend, maybe even Ihsahn or paul Masdival (Cynic), I didn't think Davidson had a chance.

Here's the list if you haven't been following it:

#2 — Tosin Abasi (Animals as Leaders)

#3 — Brent Hinds (Mastodon)

#4 — Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah)

#5 — Karl Sanders (Nile)

#6 — Scott Hull (Pig Destroyer, Agoraphobic Nosebleed)

#7 — Jeff Loomis

#8 — A.J. Minette (The Human Abstract)

#9 — John Petrucci (Dream Theater)

#10 — Terrance Hobbs (Suffocation)

#11 – Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth)

#12 — Michael Keene (The Faceless)

#13 — Ben Weinman (The Dillinger Escape Plan)

#14 – Emil Werstler (Dååth, Levi/Werstler)

#15 — Colin Marston (Krallice, Behold… The Arctopus)

#16 — Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains)

#17 — Buckethead

#18 — Adam Jones (Tool)

#19 — Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

#20 — Misha Mansoor (Periphery)

#21 — Alex Skolnick (Testament)

#22 – Ivar Bjørnson (Enslaved)

#23 — Synyster Gates (Avenged Sevenfold)

#24 — Chris Letchford (Scale the Summit)

#25 — Paul Ryan (Origin)

mankvill
06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
That's fucking awesome. All hail Revocation :party:

daimonos
06-06-2011, 02:58 PM
That list is missing Devin Townsend and Ice Dale (who I was suprised wasn't picked in favor of Ivar Bjornson), but it's a pretty solid list.

jd091
06-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Dave Davidson of Revocation just won MetalSucks' Top 25 Modern Metal Guitarists list. I hate MetalSucks but I am pleasantly surprised by their pick. I always wanted it to be him but since all the commenters were saying it would be Paul Waggoner (BTBAM) or Devin Townsend, maybe even Ihsahn or paul Masdival (Cynic), I didn't think Davidson had a chance.

Here's the list if you haven't been following it:

#2 — Tosin Abasi (Animals as Leaders)

#3 — Brent Hinds (Mastodon)

#4 — Fredrik Thordendal (Meshuggah)

#5 — Karl Sanders (Nile)

#6 — Scott Hull (Pig Destroyer, Agoraphobic Nosebleed)

#7 — Jeff Loomis

#8 — A.J. Minette (The Human Abstract)

#9 — John Petrucci (Dream Theater)

#10 — Terrance Hobbs (Suffocation)

#11 – Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth)

#12 — Michael Keene (The Faceless)

#13 — Ben Weinman (The Dillinger Escape Plan)

#14 – Emil Werstler (Dååth, Levi/Werstler)

#15 — Colin Marston (Krallice, Behold… The Arctopus)

#16 — Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains)

#17 — Buckethead

#18 — Adam Jones (Tool)

#19 — Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

#20 — Misha Mansoor (Periphery)

#21 — Alex Skolnick (Testament)

#22 – Ivar Bjørnson (Enslaved)

#23 — Synyster Gates (Avenged Sevenfold)

#24 — Chris Letchford (Scale the Summit)

#25 — Paul Ryan (Origin)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT.

WHAT.

I mean, I love Revocation, but no:

-Paul Waggoner :confused:
-Ihsahn
-Devin Townsend
-Paul Masvidal

ShatteredFlame
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Well you can't please everyone. Personally I would like to see a more underground list then the same well known guys.

slapguitarer
06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Riffin' on some 5/4

:shred:

DethMaiden
06-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Here you go, BrutalDescent:

http://thequietus.com/articles/06382-the-kills-interview-blood-pressures

ravenheart
06-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Here you go, BrutalDescent:

http://thequietus.com/articles/06382-the-kills-interview-blood-pressures

Aw, he used the word "blokes". I'm so proud ;)

DethMaiden
06-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Aw, he used the word "blokes". I'm so proud ;)

:lol: Yeah, somehow "dudes" didn't feel right there. ;)

SomewhereInTime72
06-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Somehow I think Brad's overseas adventure might be turning him into a real arsehole. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
06-07-2011, 10:32 AM
:lol: Yeah, somehow "dudes" didn't feel right there. ;)

Good article. But I think it would be funny if you did this:
"Do you think [comparing one band to another band in a review] is lazy writing?"
"No...blah blah blah, tl;dr."
"Okay, good. Cause I think you guys sounds like ____."

Because honestly, I have no idea what that band sounds like after reading your article. :lol:

Derelict
06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Somehow I think Brad's overseas adventure might be turning him into a real arsehole. ;)

He's gonna come home rocking a Madonna'esque fake English accent.

DethMaiden
06-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I have begun saying "Cheers" :eyes:

illuminatus917
06-07-2011, 11:39 AM
I've started saying "how's it bru." :eyes:

ravenheart
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Too right too.

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Dude, thanks. :lol: I'm pretty jealous you got to interview him, but congratulations!

Loving the Quietus by the way ;)

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 12:42 PM

I say that all the time :eyes:

mankvill
06-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I sometimes still say "that's ace" as a byproduct from hanging out on the Anaal Nathrakh forum too much.

Damn brits, "pissed" means angry, not drunk! :mad:

ravenheart
06-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I sometimes still say "that's ace" as a byproduct from hanging out on the Anaal Nathrakh forum too much.

Damn brits, "pissed" means angry, not drunk! :mad:

Actually, it means both :D

And people older than 12 who say "ace" should be killed :hmm:

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Third post in a row buuuuut-

Felt like putting it out there that Lollapalooza's set times this year are the dumbest ones I've ever seen for a festival. So glad I didn't get any tickets for this year :tp:

ravenheart
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Third post in a row buuuuut-

Felt like putting it out there that Lollapalooza's set times this year are the dumbest ones I've ever seen for a festival. So glad I didn't get any tickets for this year :tp:

Couldn't be any dumber than last year's High Voltage festival surely?

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:33 PM

Enlighten me :eyes:

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:35 PM

I mean, for fuck's sake - Muse and Coldplay are clashing. Maybe it's just me, but I'd expect everybody to be going to Lolla to see both bands.

All Coldplay fans = Muse fans
All Muse fans =/= Coldplay fans

mankvill
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I mean, for fuck's sake - Muse and Coldplay are clashing. Maybe it's just me, but I'd expect everybody to be going to Lolla to see both bands.

All Coldplay fans = Muse fans
All Muse fans =/= Coldplay fans

Guess they better just see Muse at Kanrocksas

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Guess they better just see Muse at Kanrocksas

Or Outside Lands, for that matter.

People who like Kansas = people who like Chicago
People who like Chicago =/= people who like Kansas

:D

mankvill
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Or Outside Lands, for that matter.

People who like Kansas = people who like Chicago
People who like Chicago =/= people who like Kansas

:D

>Chicago
>Not full of stupid assholes

pick one

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
>Chicago

pick one

Chicago > hicktown USA

BloodoftheKings
06-07-2011, 04:36 PM
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/muckfetalcore/mapersonel.jpg

Maiden33
06-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Just got done talking a little bit with Tom S. Englund (Evergrey) about an acoustic cover my sister and I did of their song "Torn". I love Facebook.

jd091
06-08-2011, 12:43 AM
>Chicago

pick one

Hey! :hmm:

Chicago > hicktown USA

:fist:

I gotta say, this schedule clash is one of the stupidest things, EVAR. Primarily Coldplay/Muse. I'm in the works to hit up Lolla with my friends staying in Chicago this summer; we're definitely gonna see Muse. Sucks, because I'm a pretty sizable Coldplay fan.

Bands I wanna see:

A Perfect Circle/Skrillex (another schedule conflict)
Ok Go/Crystal Castles (ANOTHER schedule conflict)
Deftones
My Morning Jacket
Flogging Molly
Portugal. The Man
Explosions in the Sky
Deadmau5

Friday = :rocker:
Saturdah = meh
Sunday = :dance:

brutal_descent
06-08-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm not a Coldplay fan, but I'm sure it'd be a good performance to watch. Lolla is full of bands I'd like to see, but anyway I wouldn't be able to go since no-one from SF of my friends are going.

Wizzbang11
06-08-2011, 08:58 AM
A Perfect Circle/Skrillex (another schedule conflict)

Well that one's easy. I don't care about Perfect Circle, but I'll take them over dubstep any day; and people claim I look like that piece of shit so I have extra problems with this Skrillex character.

BloodoftheKings
06-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Well that one's easy. I don't care about Perfect Circle, but I'll take them over dubstep any day; and people claim I look like that piece of shit so I have extra problems with this Skrillex character.

I would knock someone out if they said I look like him, that's a serious insult.
http://dadetodane.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/skrillex.jpg

jd091
06-08-2011, 12:22 PM
I would knock someone out if they said I look like him, that's a serious insult.

When I saw him open for deadmau5, he was wearing a Burzum shirt... I think I was the only one in the crowd who knew 'em.

Wizzbang11
06-08-2011, 12:27 PM

It's because of this. (http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189848_198818236802745_100000237100554_703494_7692 743_n.jpg) I didn't know some raver dubstep douche stole Blacky's hair too :(

Natrlhi
06-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Ok Go/Crystal Castles (ANOTHER schedule conflict)Not a conflict. Crystal Castles by a mile.

That chick is batshit insane - in an awesome hardcore punk, self-destructive, crowd-surfing, smoke-and-drink-while-performing kind of way. :punk:

mastodon421
06-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I fucking hate Dubstep, one of my top musical pet peeves.

TonyD
06-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Make it 99% of techno for me. It's disco all over again.

illuminatus917
06-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Make it 99% of techno for me. It's disco all over again.

I actually never thought of it that way. But that's totally accurate.

ShatteredFlame
06-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Breakcore is where it's at!

Anyway, I'm in the mood to watch a REALLY good movie. I haven't seen a great one in a while (The Kings Speech a few months ago) so can someone recommend me anything? I'm not preferring anything in particular atm, it could be a cheesy ass cult film for all I care.

jd091
06-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Anyway, I'm in the mood to watch a REALLY good movie. I haven't seen a great one in a while (The Kings Speech a few months ago) so can someone recommend me anything? I'm not preferring anything in particular atm, it could be a cheesy ass cult film for all I care.

Actually, check out the film "Hunger". I saw it recently, and it's incredible. Michael Fassbender's greatest role.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_(2008_film)

mankvill
06-08-2011, 06:53 PM

Reservoir Dogs just got added to Netflix Instant.

DethMaiden
06-09-2011, 06:10 AM
http://thequietus.com/articles/06398-fucked-up-interview-david-comes-to-life

Fairly short interview with Fucked Up's Sandy Miranda that I did.

illuminatus917
06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
I think I'm going to start writing album reviews for the local paper. :party:

makethemsuffer12
06-10-2011, 12:01 PM
High school = done.

:party:

christopher
06-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm trying to get a raise at work by get transferred from cashiering/guest service to working the day side back room. The lady in charge has wanted me to work back there since last summer, my availibility just prevented me cause I had school. Now I'm bout to go on summer she set up a day for me to get trained. Well I have to go in on June 27th at 4am to get trained :hecho: The Sleep show is the night before...I don't know what to do! I can't reschedule it cause then I'll lose the chance to get the position. Ahhh I might just sleep all day before the Sleep show, go to it, then head in to work right after I get home. fml

TonyD
06-10-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm trying to get a raise at work by get transferred from cashiering/guest service to working the day side back room. The lady in charge has wanted me to work back there since last summer, my availibility just prevented me cause I had school. Now I'm bout to go on summer she set up a day for me to get trained. Well I have to go in on June 27th at 4am to get trained :hecho: The Sleep show is the night before...I don't know what to do! I can't reschedule it cause then I'll lose the chance to get the position. Ahhh I might just sleep all day before the Sleep show, go to it, then head in to work right after I get home. fml

Not a bad idea, just do it

jd091
06-10-2011, 02:46 PM

You are going to be so, SO baked for the first day of work. :lol:

christopher
06-10-2011, 02:52 PM
You are going to be so, SO baked for the first day of work. :lol:

:lol: Oh god LMFAO!! So true, well I've been working as a cashier/guest service at Target for the last 3 years, I'm finally going to get trained in something better. Lets hope this goes well! haha

larvtard
06-10-2011, 02:56 PM

I'm reading this book on insomnia and it says that if you get less than 5.5 hrs of sleep onenight, your performance the next day won't even be that poor. At the very worst you'll perform at 70% of your usual performance, and that's usually only if you get that amount of sleep on a regular basis. Plus, your brain is trained to automatically make up the amount of sleep you lost the previous night on the next night. I'm sure you'll be fine dude.

Oh, and I'm part-time in front end customer service, too. I'm looking at upgrading to cashier, right now I bag people's groceries. You're thinking of going into stocking?

jd091
06-10-2011, 02:58 PM
:lol: Oh god LMFAO!! So true, well I've been working as a cashier/guest service at Target for the last 3 years, I'm finally going to get trained in something better. Lets hope this goes well! haha

Yeah man, sleeping before the, uh, "Sleep" concert sounds like a winning proposition. I would kill to see 'en live, you bastard. :stoned:

mankvill
06-10-2011, 03:00 PM
So I have enough money saved up for my Rites of Darkness trip, but I'm kinda worried about the transportation. I'd like to get a rental car, but can I if I'm only 22? I could do taxi's too, but that might add up...

powerslave_85
06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Enterprise will do it, but they'll charge you extra. You'll need a credit card, though (not debit).

larvtard
06-10-2011, 03:39 PM
So I have enough money saved up for my Rites of Darkness trip, but I'm kinda worried about the transportation. I'd like to get a rental car, but can I if I'm only 22? I could do taxi's too, but that might add up...

are you rooming with Dayan? I doubt I'll be able to go but it's a possibility, and if so I'll be going by myself most likely

Wizzbang11
06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
are you rooming with Dayan? I doubt I'll be able to go but it's a possibility, and if so I'll be going by myself most likely

He should be :bouville:

Taxi is the way to go man.

And I am beyond down to sleep on a floor if we could split a room 3 ways.

mankvill
06-10-2011, 04:02 PM
If you're there, we could just split taxis. That'd help.

:mad:

slapguitarer
06-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Job hunting all day.

John The Drummer
06-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Waiting for my friends to show up at my place of work so we can grab some Taco Del Mar before Orange Goblin tonight... I've been waiting for 2 hours >.<

larvtard
06-10-2011, 06:36 PM
He should be :bouville:

Taxi is the way to go man.

And I am beyond down to sleep on a floor if we could split a room 3 ways.

That'd be cool. I'm going to my college's orientation in a couple of weeks, so I should have some things cleared up by then. It's doubtful, but maybe I can pull this off. I'll let you guys know more when I learn more.

rjturtle9
06-10-2011, 06:44 PM
If you're there, we could just split taxis. That'd help.

:mad:

Renting a car is way cheaper.

idrinkwine732
06-10-2011, 06:59 PM
There's still an outside possibility I could have the money to go to this.

mankvill
06-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Renting a car is way cheaper.

To rent a car for 4 days would be $200.

If I used a taxi, it'd be:

Airport -> Hotel
Hotel -> Venue
Venue -> Hotel

Hotel -> Venue
Venue -> Hotel

Hotel -> Venue
Venue -> Hotel

Hotel -> Airport

No idea how much that'd cost.

larvtard
06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
There's still an outside possibility I could have the money to go to this.

Then we can split the room 4 ways! :lovedup::realchug::hug::agree: Are your exams the following week? That's my current issue...

Maiden33
06-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I think I underestimated how important music actually is in my relationship until recently. If anyone wants more details I'll give them, but not going into diatribe mode for nothing.

Maiden33
06-10-2011, 09:04 PM
To rent a car for 4 days would be $200.

If I used a taxi, it'd be:

Airport -> Hotel
Hotel -> Venue
Venue -> Hotel

Hotel -> Venue
Venue -> Hotel

Hotel -> Venue
Venue -> Hotel

Hotel -> Airport

No idea how much that'd cost.

I honestly don't even know what this is for - but take into account that if you rent a car you also need to worry about paying for gas and parking.

illuminatus917
06-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Then we can split the room 4 ways! :lovedup::realchug::hug::agree: Are your exams the following week? That's my current issue...

You guys have to have one good philosophical conversation for me.

larvtard
06-10-2011, 09:13 PM
You guys have to have one good philosophical conversation for me.

I don't think manks or wizzbang are too philosophically inclined ;)

illuminatus917
06-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't think manks or wizzbang are too philosophically inclined ;)

:grrr: :(

idrinkwine732
06-10-2011, 10:56 PM

Yes but I'm sure I could make it out on that either that Friday or Thursday then make it back in time for my finals.

If I have the money, I'll find some way to make it work. Don't count me out yet, I'd take a floor in a heartbeat too.

treghet
06-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Yes but I'm sure I could make it out on that either that Friday or Thursday then make it back in time for my finals.

If I have the money, I'll find some way to make it work. Don't count me out yet, I'd take a floor in a heartbeat too.

Floors are surprisingly comfortable when you're tired as hell.

SomewhereInTime72
06-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Just had to change my facebook password after noticing that "I" posted porn on my own wall some 20 minutes ago. I'm not used to getting things worse than my status being changed to "i'm gay lol" or whatever... this was weird. :(

Dextrimental
06-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Just turned 22 today... Very hungover from last night!

larvtard
06-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Floors are surprisingly comfortable when you're tired as hell.

Not when thou have insomnia :eyes:

I may have a final on Saturday, but even if I don't, I may want to study and rest that weekend. And there's no way I'm paying for plane tickets either, I'll have to use sky miles.

ShatteredFlame
06-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Graduated high school :party:

idrinkwine732
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM

I graduate tomorrow!

christopher
06-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Just had to change my facebook password after noticing that "I" posted porn on my own wall some 20 minutes ago. I'm not used to getting things worse than my status being changed to "i'm gay lol" or whatever... this was weird. :(

:wasntme::lol:

jd091
06-11-2011, 04:05 PM

I actually laughed once when my friend jacked my status and put, "Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" really speaks to me on a deeper level. I consider it my album of the year"

If you're gonna jack someone's status, do it with class :cool:

mankvill
06-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Ah, reminds me of when I lived in the dorms. Once snuck into my friends room, got on his computer, opened about 15 of those webpages that Rickroll's you and you can't close out of it, then made his homepage and screensaver gay porn.

christopher
06-11-2011, 05:57 PM
I just discovered a screamo band called I Wrote Haikus About Cannibalism In Your Yearbook :lol:

ShatteredFlame
06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I just discovered a screamo band called I Wrote Haikus About Cannibalism In Your Yearbook :lol:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/I_Love_Mellotrons/godawful_terrible_horrible_band_names_and_the_goda wful_terrible_horrible_bands_they_belong_to

You might like this list. Funny shit.

larvtard
06-11-2011, 07:34 PM
So, believe it or not, I've never gotten drunk before. I could go more into detail but I think you guys are sick of me complaining about my social life, so forget it. So I decided to try to get drunk tonight at my house. I've had 5 shots of vodka so far, yet I barely feel a thing. Yet my parents say they can tell I'm drunk, especially by my voice. Is it normal to not know that you're drunk when you really are? Because if anything, it should take much less to get drunk, because I'm skinny and on antidepressants...

mankvill
06-11-2011, 07:38 PM
So, believe it or not, I've never gotten drunk before. I could go more into detail but I think you guys are sick of me complaining about my social life, so forget it. So I decided to try to get drunk tonight at my house. I've had 5 shots of vodka so far, yet I barely feel a thing. Yet my parents say they can tell I'm drunk, especially by my voice. Is it normal to not know that you're drunk when you really are? Because if anything, it should take much less to get drunk, because I'm skinny and on antidepressants...

MOOOAAARRRR

christopher
06-11-2011, 07:47 PM

DAMN! Big guy over here!! haha. Anyways you're life is boring if you've never gotten drunk before. Drinking is my daily habit nowadays. Anyways, a lot of people will be drunk but won't really know how drunk they are. If you haven't ever gotten drunk before, then you probably won't know how it feels. You should get some red bull and mix it with the vodka:D Keep us updated on tomorrow's hangover.

idrinkwine732
06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
If you called me, if you call me, like i bet you i bet you like 10. i bet you like 15 dollars that Ill be thizzin.

larvtard
06-11-2011, 08:05 PM
DAMN! Big guy over here!! haha. Anyways you're life is boring if you've never gotten drunk before. Drinking is my daily habit nowadays. Anyways, a lot of people will be drunk but won't really know how drunk they are. If you haven't ever gotten drunk before, then you probably won't know how it feels. You should get some red bull and mix it with the vodka:D Keep us updated on tomorrow's hangover.

Haha fuck you man. I don't go to parties, so that's why I've never been drunk. The only alcohol I really like is margaritas, anyway :finger:

And I've been drinking water after every shot because I heard that's how you avoid a hangover. Hopefully that works, as I've got work in the morning.

christopher
06-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Haha fuck you man. I don't go to parties, so that's why I've never been drunk. The only alcohol I really like is margaritas, anyway :finger:

And I've been drinking water after every shot because I heard that's how you avoid a hangover. Hopefully that works, as I've got work in the morning.

:lol: Your reply cracked me the fuck up. Ahhh good times! I don't go to parties too often. My friends and I usually just get fucked up and play Street Fighter when we can. I don't like margaritas too often. I prefer to just drink my whisky or rum straight, or just some Arrogant Bastard:realchug:

Well if I were you I would've just waited till you were done drinking to have the water. The water is just going to slow down the drunkeness, but do what you feel is best cause you don't want to be to fucked up for work tomorrow. Enjoy the night! I'm just waiting for my friend to get off work so I can pick up some beer and enjoy my night properly:D

BloodoftheKings
06-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I've never been drunk or high before. :cool:

larvtard
06-11-2011, 08:21 PM
:lol: Your reply cracked me the fuck up. Ahhh good times! I don't go to parties too often. My friends and I usually just get fucked up and play Street Fighter when we can. I don't like margaritas too often. I prefer to just drink my whisky or rum straight, or just some Arrogant Bastard:realchug:

Well if I were you I would've just waited till you were done drinking to have the water. The water is just going to slow down the drunkeness, but do what you feel is best cause you don't want to be to fucked up for work tomorrow. Enjoy the night! I'm just waiting for my friend to get off work so I can pick up some beer and enjoy my night properly:D

Ah okay. I'll know that for next time.

And yeah, I kinda just want to know what being drunk feels like before going to college. And, you know, what kind of drunk I am :cool:

BloodoftheKings
06-11-2011, 08:24 PM
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/muckfetalcore/Deepfriedoreos.jpg
Deep fried Oreo swag

jd091
06-11-2011, 09:43 PM
I've never been drunk or high before. :cool:

Get on that. :cool:

Both have their pros/cons.

Ah okay. I'll know that for next time.

And yeah, I kinda just want to know what being drunk feels like before going to college. And, you know, what kind of drunk I am :cool:

Aw, Logan is growing up :lovedup: :dance: :lol: ;)

Don't worry man, I didn't do any of that shit until I got to college. I mean, you could go out and do all that Superbad shit because "OH SHIT WE'RE GONNA BE IN COLLEGE", but in all honesty, nobody really cares too much what you've done before.

If you've taken 5 shots, you should be feeling it, unless you're a tank. Not a huge shot guy myself; you gotta mix that shit up. And you will definitely feel it when you get drunk, don't worry.

Just be a little careful; I got my good straight-edge friend drunk a couple months ago for the first time. He only had 1 Four Loko, and he got so sick he was throwing up all night. :confused: :eyes:

christopher
06-11-2011, 10:26 PM
He only had 1 Four Loko, and he got so sick he was throwing up all night. :confused: :eyes:

Aww Four Loko, how I miss thee :snivel: It just isn't the same anymore without the caffeine in it.

SomewhereInTime72
06-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I actually laughed once when my friend jacked my status and put, "Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" really speaks to me on a deeper level. I consider it my album of the year"

If you're gonna jack someone's status, do it with class :cool:

Bahahha, that is pretty funny.

jd091
06-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Aww Four Loko, how I miss thee :snivel: It just isn't the same anymore without the caffeine in it.

^

daimonos
06-11-2011, 11:57 PM

I graduated yesterday. Good feeling.

Anyways, I went to a strip club for the first time tonight. Wasn't too bad, but kinda a waste of money :cool:

El Gordo
06-12-2011, 07:29 AM
I graduated yesterday. Good feeling.

Anyways, I went to a strip club for the first time tonight. Wasn't too bad, but kinda a waste of money :cool:

:lol: It's definitely a waste of money. It can be an asbolute blast though too, best reserved for bachelor parties and the like.

brutal_descent
06-12-2011, 07:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Hongkongnoodles#p/a/f/1/ayeXs1zC9Jg

Never before have I seen such a level of stupidity in a video before.

ShatteredFlame
06-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Had a graduation party yesterday and had the best time of my life! Got to see my old best friend from way long ago where I use to live and it looks like I will see him a lot more this summer. And all my cousins came and it was just perfect :party:. I made over $2000 in gift money :blaze:

I'm also probably gonna go see Sleep/Winter in a few weeks :allan:

Oh and Six Flags tomorrow with a couple of my closest friends from school :agree:

ChildrenofSodom
06-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Today is my one year anniversary of getting serious about my health. I was 310 lbs a year ago, and today I'm proud to report that I weigh 211.8 lbs. :)

masterguy49
06-12-2011, 09:55 AM
So the other night I was really high and apparently while listening to Amon Amarth I thought I was a viking for most of the night.... :tongue:

Today is my one year anniversary of getting serious about my health. I was 310 lbs a year ago, and today I'm proud to report that I weigh 211.8 lbs. :)
Congratulations!!! :party:

jd091
06-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Just jumped onto the Netflix bandwagon. First thing I watch? "Until the Light Takes Us".

GREAT documentary, and I'm not even a huge black metal fan. And yes, Varg, I TOO LIKE MY CORNFLAKES... CRISSSPY.

Sepultura69
06-12-2011, 10:38 AM
FUCKIN' SHIT MONKEYS, I wish I didn't have work in an hour. :flame: :hmm: :bouville: :mad:

IrritatedTrout
06-12-2011, 10:46 AM

That's really impressive.

RAZOR
06-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Just jumped onto the Netflix bandwagon. First thing I watch? "Until the Light Takes Us".

GREAT documentary, and I'm not even a huge black metal fan. And yes, Varg, I TOO LIKE MY CORNFLAKES... CRISSSPY.

The actual DVD comes with four hours of extra footage that I've yet to watch. :eek:

Wizzbang11
06-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Spent 20 minutes finding and assembling this shit for a picture, my one true love:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254419_2117153534621_1419222609_2420671_5796834_n. jpg

BloodoftheKings
06-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Spent 20 minutes finding and assembling this shit for a picture, my one true love:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254419_2117153534621_1419222609_2420671_5796834_n. jpg

:drool: I just wanna take off my clothes and roll around in it.

larvtard
06-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Aw, Logan is growing up :lovedup: :dance: :lol: ;)

Don't worry man, I didn't do any of that shit until I got to college. I mean, you could go out and do all that Superbad shit because "OH SHIT WE'RE GONNA BE IN COLLEGE", but in all honesty, nobody really cares too much what you've done before.

If you've taken 5 shots, you should be feeling it, unless you're a tank. Not a huge shot guy myself; you gotta mix that shit up. And you will definitely feel it when you get drunk, don't worry.

Just be a little careful; I got my good straight-edge friend drunk a couple months ago for the first time. He only had 1 Four Loko, and he got so sick he was throwing up all night. :confused: :eyes:

Well, I kinda spit out some of the vodka when drinking it :lol: :eyes: So that may be why I didn't feel anything.

I'm gonna try with margaritas later this week! :party: zomg not tr00

christopher
06-12-2011, 01:17 PM

Good job. I did a similiar thing two years ago. I started eating healthy and working out daily and in 7 months I went from 210 pounds down to 135 pounds. But my increasing consumption of beer brought me up 10 pounds over the last year haha. I need to get healthy again :eyes:

Nick_to_the_face
06-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Me and my girlfriend just got into a fight about death metal, grindcore, and pornogrind

El Gordo
06-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Me and my girlfriend just got into a fight about death metal, grindcore, and pornogrind

Elaborate.

ChildrenofSodom
06-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Here's my pic:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247528_10150216054014362_758059361_7004599_7401503 _n.jpg

idrinkwine732
06-12-2011, 08:29 PM
I graduated high school today.

Maiden33
06-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Holy hell, all the graduation posts are making me feel old - it's been 3 years this week for me. The saddest part is that I start college this fall, haha. Then again, I guess it's not sad being that I AM going - just went through some really rough/hectic times in the year and a half following graduation, so the "one semester off" thing turned into this long.

orlandodavis
06-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Holy hell, all the graduation posts are making me feel old - it's been 3 years this week for me. The saddest part is that I start college this fall, haha. Then again, I guess it's not sad being that I AM going - just went through some really rough/hectic times in the year and a half following graduation, so the "one semester off" thing turned into this long.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!;)

jd091
06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I've been getting into a lot of that beautiful, atmospheric black-ish metal (aka Alcest and Agalloch). Anybody else have any good recommendations for other bands of that style?

Wizzbang11
06-12-2011, 10:16 PM
I've been getting into a lot of that beautiful, atmospheric black-ish metal (aka Alcest and Agalloch). Anybody else have any good recommendations for other bands of that style?

Black Witchery, Von, Proclamation, Kerasphorus.

larvtard
06-12-2011, 10:17 PM

:lol:

orlandodavis
06-12-2011, 10:19 PM

Cormorant.:lovedup:

jd091
06-12-2011, 10:31 PM

:nonono:

Cormorant.:lovedup:

Holy shit, these guys are great! Thanks a ton! Do you know where I can download any of their stuff? I can't find any good sources on demonoid.

EDIT: thanks for the pm! I'll be sure to support them if they come my way.

treghet
06-12-2011, 10:48 PM

Oh god that was great. :lol:

Natrlhi
06-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Today is my one year anniversary of getting serious about my health. I was 310 lbs a year ago, and today I'm proud to report that I weigh 211.8 lbs. :)Belated congrats. That is truly impressive, man. Nice work. :fist:

Wizzbang11
06-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Just made the gut wrenching decision to miss, as the vocalist of Zombie Holocaust once put it "my favorite band ever" (Autopsy) and instead get Rites of Darkness tickets.

mankvill
06-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Just made the gut wrenching decision to miss, as the vocalist of Zombie Holocaust once put it "my favorite band ever" (Autopsy) and instead get Rites of Darkness tickets.

What a coincidence, me too!

Wizzbang11
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
I guess now I have 6 months to figure out how to get to texas.

Sepultura69
06-13-2011, 03:04 PM
I guess now I have 6 months to figure out how to get to texas.

IMAGINATION is the key to getting where you need to be, good sir:hmm:

jd091
06-13-2011, 03:44 PM
IMAGINATION is the key to getting where you need to be, good sir:hmm:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

christopher
06-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I wish I could make it to the Possessed show tonight at the Key Club. I have two finals tomorrow I need to study for, Calculus 3 and Electromagnetism. Oh well, I'm sure they'll play again soon.

jd091
06-13-2011, 05:57 PM
My little brother, who is in high school, just had his girlfriend leave him. Apparently, she left him for some other kid who she hooked up with the next day.

I looked at her facebook... and the kid she left him for is wearing an Attack Attack shirt.

If I were my brother, I would murder him. Or her.

illuminatus917
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
My little brother, who is in high school, just had his girlfriend leave him. Apparently, she left him for some other kid who she hooked up with the next day.

I looked at her facebook... and the kid she left him for is wearing an Attack Attack shirt.

Chicks love dudes that like that type of music.

rjturtle9
06-13-2011, 06:29 PM

Murder him, and force feed his insides to her. That's what a metalhead would do...

larvtard
06-13-2011, 06:30 PM

How you can tell that the shirt says Attack Attack? You can only see a couple of letters.

And she's kinda hot, but pretty trashy-looking.

yes I just stalked your brother's profile

masterguy49
06-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Chicks love dudes that are faggots

:tongue:

BloodoftheKings
06-13-2011, 07:02 PM
:tongue:

This, I can't imagine a straight man liking attack attack.

MPF
06-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I can speak from experience on this one. Having worked for 2 years in a Music shop filled with these types of kid. Women who like any music with distortion wants a bisexual Emotional Deathcore guy.

This is why I'm holding out for a female musician or a prog girl (yes, they do exist, and they aren't all 400lbs.)

jd091
06-13-2011, 07:29 PM
How you can tell that the shirt says Attack Attack? You can only see a couple of letters.

And she's kinda hot, but pretty trashy-looking.

yes I just stalked your brother's profile

:eyes: Logan, you are scaring me.

And look at the comments, some kid is like "LAWL I HAZ THAT SAEM ATTACK ATTACK SHIRT! LUV tHeM <333"

For the record, I think she's pretty damn ugly. But it's my brother, so I'll defend his decisions. It probably a good thing he's away from her; she's obviously trash.

illuminatus917
06-13-2011, 07:31 PM

And look at the comments, some kid is like "LAWL I HAZ THAT SAEM ATTACK ATTACK SHIRT! LUV tHeM <333"

For the record, I think she's pretty damn ugly. But it's my brother, so I'll defend his decisions. It probably a good thing he's away from her; she's obviously trash.

Yeah, Logan, did you see that comment?

jd091
06-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, Logan, did you see that comment?

LOGAN

:3

Dextrimental
06-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Logan has made me curious.. any chance of a pic of this kid and this girl?

illuminatus917
06-13-2011, 07:34 PM
I think Logan should post a picture for us.

MPF
06-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't think you have a choice anymore. POST THE PICTURE!

jd091
06-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Here is a link to my flickr that it's on:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54193533@N02/5830803051/in/photostream

I only have access to an iPhone right now, and can't copy the image location. If someone else will do that and throw the pic up, it would be appreciated. I'd rather not have to give out the girls name if I didn't have to.

Wizzbang11
06-13-2011, 08:00 PM
That chick looks like a whore.