PDA

View Full Version : Savatage CDs wanted

Jasonic
01-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I am looking to fill the holes in my Savatage collection.
Looking for anything, studio, live, EPs, bootlegs, rare, etc....

Some wants:
Sirens (any of the various pressings)
Fight for the Rock
Edge of Thorns
Live Devastation
Still the Orchestra Plays
Dead Winter Dead
Wake of Magellan
Live 94
etc, etc, etc....

Willing to buy or trade
Thanks!

ravenheart
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I am looking to fill the holes in my Savatage collection.
Looking for anything, studio, live, EPs, bootlegs, rare, etc....

Some wants:
Sirens (any of the various pressings)
Fight for the Rock
Edge of Thorns
Live Devastation
Still the Orchestra Plays
Dead Winter Dead
Wake of Magellan
Live 94
etc, etc, etc....

Willing to buy or trade
Thanks!

Aren't most of these still in print or recently re-issued? Apart from Live Devastation, obviously.

Sanitarium78
01-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Aren't most of these still in print or recently re-issued?

The last re-relases for the older stuff was like 2002 or 2003 I believe. I'm sure you can get Edge Of Thorns, Dead Winter Dead and Wake Of Magellan anywhere. Given the resources on the internet now none of these albums should be that hard to find.

http://www.savatage.com/newsavatage/discography/discography.html

Maiden33
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Hmmmm I have copies of Sirens and Fight For the Rock I could definitely do away with IF I decide against completing their discography for the sake of them being my 2nd favorite band. Tough decision here.

Jasonic
01-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Aren't most of these still in print or recently re-issued? Apart from Live Devastation, obviously.

Sure, they are most likely available.
Though I am looking to see if anyone has them that would be willing to trade or sell them. I am a very active CD trader, so its always nice to make trades online with fellow traders.

Jasonic
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Hmmmm I have copies of Sirens and Fight For the Rock I could definitely do away with IF I decide against completing their discography for the sake of them being my 2nd favorite band. Tough decision here.

I am very interested in both, especially SIRENS.
Which pressing is this?

Is there anything you are currently looking for?
Depending on what pressing of SIRENS you have, I might be willing to trade multiples for it.

Thanks!

ravenheart
01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Though I am looking to see if anyone has them that would be willing to trade or sell them. I am a very active CD trader, so its always nice to make trades online with fellow traders.

How quaint ;)

Jasonic
01-04-2011, 05:01 PM
How quaint ;)

I am a sweetie!!!

Maiden33
01-04-2011, 08:24 PM
I am very interested in both, especially SIRENS.
Which pressing is this?

Is there anything you are currently looking for?
Depending on what pressing of SIRENS you have, I might be willing to trade multiples for it.

Thanks!

Sirens is the Metal Blade "Silver Edition" with "Target" and "Living on the Edge of Time" as bonus tracks. And I just realized it's autographed by Jon Oliva.

Fight For the Rock is just the standard original CD Atlantic version.

As for what I'm looking for, it's hard to say. I don't really buy much outside of new releases but there probably are collection holes I want to fill. What have you got that you'd be willing to trade in the vein of prog/power-y stuff?

Here's a list of my favorite bands. Not saying I'd only want something from these bands, but to give you a feel for my tastes:
Iron Maiden, Savatage, Edguy, Evergrey, Blind Guardian, Avantasia, Riot, Fates Warning, Dream Theater, Gamma Ray, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Nocturnal Rites, Redemption, Queensryche, Circus Maximus, Pagan's Mind, Saxon, and Seventh Wonder.

Jasonic
01-17-2011, 08:08 AM
BUMP!

Thanks to all who helped me fill a couple holes in the collection.

I am sure some of you are out there who have some stuff I want!

ChildrenofSodom
01-17-2011, 09:35 AM
I remember around 2003 or 2004, I was on a metal message board and I was trading CD-Rs of different CDs with people....physically mailing a burned copy of Blind Guardian's Nightfall in Middle-Earth to some guy in Puerto Rico. Isn't the internet such a great place, now that we can just send files?

Jasonic
01-18-2011, 07:08 AM
I remember around 2003 or 2004, I was on a metal message board and I was trading CD-Rs of different CDs with people....physically mailing a burned copy of Blind Guardian's Nightfall in Middle-Earth to some guy in Puerto Rico. Isn't the internet such a great place, now that we can just send files?

I suppose.
I don't do file sharing.
I am a music collector, and I need a physical copy of discs I want.
While I do have an IPOD, primarily for ease of having most of my collection in the car, I still like the physical product.