PDA

View Full Version : What Bands Have Broken Up That You Want To See Do A Reunion?

street_burial
01-02-2011, 08:37 AM
I haven't seen this done so i figured I would. What bands do you want to see?

Edit: I screwed up the title of the thread. it meant to say "What Bands Have Broken Up That You Want To See Do A Reunion?" can one of the mods change it?

Sepultura69
01-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync and Sepultura :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
01-02-2011, 08:45 AM

I don't believe they ever broke up.

Anyway, the top one for me is SYL.

ThrashMetal
01-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Probably one of the earliest Thrash Bands to never make it huge. Had they stayed together, they would be touring with the likes of Slayer, Exodus and Metallica.

Dextrimental
01-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Genuinely, without a shadow of a doubt, the Appetite For Destruction line up of guns n roses is top of my list. After that, Strapping Young Lad, THE Sepultura line up, and the henry rollins band would be my top picks..

makethemsuffer12
01-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Probably one of the earliest Thrash Bands to never make it huge. Had they stayed together, they would be touring with the likes of Slayer, Exodus and Metallica.

I take it you're a big thrash fan? ;)

The Colonel
01-02-2011, 10:39 AM
The main one for me would be Nasum, which will sadly never happen since Mieszko is dead. I'd love to see the Swedish Crematory, or Entombed back together with Nicke and Uffe. I'd love to see Dystopia one last time as well. I'm tempted to say Sepultura along with everyone else, I just feel like it wouldn't be very good and I have very fond memories of the times I saw them with their classic line up. I don't want them tarnished.

El Gordo
01-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Hey man, weren't you the one arguing tooth and fucking nail that Sepultura was STILL Sepultura even with the Cavaleras out of the band?

Sepultura69
01-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Hey man, weren't you the one arguing tooth and fucking nail that Sepultura was STILL Sepultura even with the Cavaleras out of the band?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8VcL9c3OVog/TGdq7y1W4MI/AAAAAAAAASo/PXM2Gma2p_4/s1600/u+mad.jpg

JuuKun
01-02-2011, 11:44 AM
By far Sentenced is the biggest one for me, but between things the band have said and Miika's death, I never expect it to happen. Would also love a proper Savatage reunion, and Cirith Ungol.

Also, they're both currently active as bands but with different singers - I'd like to see Ark w/ Jorn and Skid Row w/ Sebastian Bach.

makethemsuffer12
01-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Skid Row w/ Sebastian Bach.

This. Though as of now I can't see it ever happening.

El Gordo
01-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Stupid U MAD BRO? pic

Not at all. If you'll remember, I was on your side on that particular debate. You're just kind of contradicting yourself.

DementedX14
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Pantera, In Flames (With Jesper back), Animosity, Amesoeurs, Acid Bath, Sepultura, Orgy, Nothingface, 40 Below Summer, Scar Symmetry (with Christian back), Stabbing Westward and Nasum

elturtleboy
01-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Black Flag(with Rollins)
The Misfits(with Danzig)
Dead Kennedys(with Jello)
Minor Threat
Pantera(with Zakk)
Black Sabbath(withOzzy)
Sepultura(with Max)
Storm Troopers Of Death
G.I.S.M
Discharge(with Cal)
Meat Shits(with Rob)
Exit-13
Siege
Guns N Roses(OG Line up)
Dr.Know
Turbonegro
Charles Bronson
Spazz
Bikini Kill
Le Tigre
Helloween(with Kai and Michael)
Operation Ivy
Exodus(with Zetro)
Superjoint Ritual
R.A.M.B.O

Sepultura69
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Bro I'm not contradicting anything. I know what debate you are talking about. It was the whole issue on people seeing them as a "cover band" and what not. I don't want to re-go into that post/debate again, but I love and enjoy the current formation of Sepultura, but I would still like to see a reunion of the original line up.

The only time I get my *panties in abunch* are when people spit out random bullshit like "SEPULTURA WAS ALWAYS MAX CAVALERA" or how Max was always, and forever will be the true face of Sep and how he created everthing(people act like Andreas Kisser didn't play a huge role in the band or something, when he did INFACT Bring a new agressive more thrashier sound to the table..)...when people say stupid shit like that it can easily be compared to someone saying Bruce is the true face of Iron Maiden and no body else in the band matters except for him.(I actually remember someone making a really stupid post like that on here, one time).....

I still support the current formation. They still make great albums(the last two have been classics).....BUT is it wrong that I want to see a reunion? In fact my post shouldn't have been taken SO SERIOUS(especially when you see the backstreet boys and N'Sync at the start of my post):tp:

JRA
01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Black Sabbath(withOzzy)

They didn't exactly break up.

BloodoftheKings
01-02-2011, 01:25 PM
The Misfits
Dead Kennedys
Exodus
Black Sabbath
Sepultura
Storm Troopers Of Death
Mr. Bungle
Strapping Young Lad

Sanitarium78
01-02-2011, 02:10 PM
SAVATAGE

mastodon421
01-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Pantera (more than anyone else, idk who would play guitar)
At The Gates(even though they are doing another reunion, US shows please)
Guns N Roses(original lineup)
Dead Kennedys
Sepultura(with Max)

elturtleboy
01-02-2011, 02:30 PM
They didn't exactly break up.

yeah but we ain to to sure if its gonna get back. It might but idk!

JRA
01-02-2011, 02:45 PM
yeah but we ain to to sure if its gonna get back. It might but idk!

I'd be ok with the reunion as long as Ozzy decides to take a cue from what he's doing solo and play 17 song sets. Otherwise Sabbath should stay "dead."

christopher
01-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Dr.Know

I had no idea they broke up. I saw them last February with Fang. There is a version of DK still touring under the Wreckage in Flesh era lineup, Brandon Cruz isn't apart of this

Wizzbang11
01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Dystopia
Dystopia would be amazing. I've heard Todd is in a mental hospital though, so I'm not sure that'd happen.

Cirith Ungol
With Cirith Ungol hating each other and Jerry Fogle dead I'm not sure a reunion would be that awesome, but it would be amazing to have seen them play back in the day. :(

G.I.S.M
Siege

I think both of these bands had their final reunions, GISM after Randy Uchida died and Siege with a Seth Putnam fronted lineup in the 90s, but thats more possible since I don't believe any members have died. I'd still kill to see GISM even without Uchida but it's 99.99999% not happening.

Even though they said they are 100% done, Impetigo all like each other and aren't dead, so they are certainly my #1. Other than that, probably Samhain, Bestial Warlust and Sarcofago.

daimonos
01-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Like a couple others the big one for me is Strapping Young Lad. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it happens some day.
Also - Black Sabbath
Emperor
I (we could use another album as killer as the first one)
Burning Witch
Mercyful Fate

Can't think of that many bands that broke up that would be able to reunite because of dead members.

jhdeity
01-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Damn, no one mentioned Rage against the Machine. Next to Sadus they would be my top choice. With thrash making a nice comeback it's time for Sadus to tour again. 3rd would be 40 Below Summer.

Actually 40 Below opening for rage would be a show I'd kill to see. Rage were incredible live.

TonyD
01-02-2011, 06:10 PM
The Misfits(with Danzig)
Pantera(with Zakk)
Sepultura(with Max)

Guns N Roses(OG Line up)

GNR I could see happening a few days before hell freezes over, but you're fucking joking if you think the others are gonna happen.

SYL would be awesome at some point, I'm not holding my breath. I think Dev is smart enough to know that they should somewhere down the road, probably At The Gates-style.

elturtleboy
01-02-2011, 06:24 PM
GNR I could see happening a few days before hell freezes over, but you're fucking joking if you think the others are gonna happen.

SYL would be awesome at some point, I'm not holding my breath. I think Dev is smart enough to know that they should somewhere down the road, probably At The Gates-style.

of coarse i aint expecting any of these,this just what id kill for

elturtleboy
01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
I had no idea they broke up. I saw them last February with Fang. There is a version of DK still touring under the Wreckage in Flesh era lineup, Brandon Cruz isn't apart of this

they broke up like june maybe? They couldnt find a guitar player so they called it quits. A Lot ppl are saying they'll comeback tho.

JRA
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Damn, no one mentioned Rage against the Machine. Next to Sadus they would be my top choice. With thrash making a nice comeback it's time for Sadus to tour again. 3rd would be 40 Below Summer.

Actually 40 Below opening for rage would be a show I'd kill to see. Rage were incredible live.

The Rage Against the Machine reunion has happened and is still going on. :eyes: In fact the Wikipedia page quotes a new album is in the works.

The Colonel
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Dystopia would be amazing. I've heard Todd is in a mental hospital though, so I'm not sure that'd happen.

I hadn't heard that. I know he hasn't been well in many years. He's listed as a current member of Mange still. I know Dino didn't want Dystopia to break up, but they won't do any shows without Todd.

DethMaiden
01-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett
Emperor (again)

Those would be the big ones.

Maiden33
01-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Savatage, that's the huge obvious one. I guess I'm fairly lucky considering that's the only thing coming to mind now. I know of several other bands who have pretty much drifted apart and I don't have high hopes of them ever being really active again, but they're still not "broken up".

Edit: Oh, and Dungeon. I know LORD exists which is basically the continuation of the same thing, but it's just not the same to me. Not that it matters, I'd never have a hope of seeing either either way.

Spiral_Slave
01-03-2011, 08:28 AM
BRING BACK RUNNING WILD! :pirate:

Akumu
01-04-2011, 12:14 AM
After Forever and Conception. :\

evildeadjedi
01-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Black Flag(with Rollins)
The Misfits(with Danzig)
Minor Threat
Sepultura(with Max and Igor)
Turbonegro
Operation Ivy
Pink Floyd (Waters, Gilmour, and Mason) I know this is a metal forum but I can't believe no one has said Pink Fucking Floyd!!!!
Genesis (with Peter Gabriel)
Savatage
Emperor
Sentenced
At The Drive In
Kyuss (with Homme)
Mr. Bungle
Refused
SYL
Snapcase
The Dillinger Escape Plan (With Dmitiri)
Fugazi
The original GNR lineup
Sleep (yes I know they sort of got together but, I want a full reunion)
Quicksand
Faith No more (see Sleep)
Ministry
Morphine
Failure
The Replacements
Outkast (Okay they are technically not broken up but damn it's been forever since they have done anything musically)
Jurassic 5
The Descendents (although they are technically still together, they haven't made an album or toured in years )
Temple of the Dog (Cornell and Vedder singing in the same band they should do another album I loved Temple of the Dog!)

Sanitarium78
01-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Pink Floyd (Waters, Gilmour, Mason, and Wright) I know this is a metal forum but I can't believe no one has said Pink Fucking Floyd!!!!

Hate to break the news to you but Richard Wright died from cancer in 2008. So that reunion is more impossible to pull off now than it was even before he passed away.

That's probably why nobody mentioned it:eyes:

evildeadjedi
01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Hate to break the news to you but Richard Wright died from cancer in 2008. So that reunion is more impossible to pull off now than it was even before he passed away.

That's probably why nobody mentioned it:eyes:

Temporary brain fat, that's right he did pass away *faceplam*

Okay then Mason, Gilmour, and Waters for a partial reunion.

The Colonel
01-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Damn, can't believe I forgot to say Quicksand and Refused!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Temporary brain fat, that's right he did pass away *faceplam*

Okay then Mason, Gilmour, and Waters for a partial reunion.

Gilmour said it's never going to happen.

Jasonic
01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Sepultura(with Max and Igor)
Snapcase
Fugazi
Quicksand
Ministry
The Replacements
The Descendents (although they are technically still together, they haven't made an album or toured in years )

Thanks for making me feel old! I have seen all of these!

evildeadjedi
01-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks for making me feel old! I have seen all of these!

I never caught Quicksand, The Replacements or Helloween with that line up. However, I was lucky enough to see the others also so I made myself feel old too. :lol:

powerslave_85
01-04-2011, 02:44 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "very likely" and 10 being "wouldn't happen in a million years," this one is about a 14.

christopher
01-04-2011, 03:05 PM
No Comment
Dystopia
Disrupt
Destroy
Decrepit
Johnny Hobo
The Mob
Silencer
No Cash
INDK
Morning Glory - Ezra is too fucked up on heroin right now for them to even be band, thats why he was kicked out of Leftover Crack

I know Rudimentary Peni are still together, but for fucks sake, they need to play live, I would die happy if I could see them.

evildeadjedi
01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
INDK
Morning Glory - Ezra is too fucked up on heroin right now for them to even be band, thats why he was kicked out of Leftover Crack

Good call! I would love for them or Choking Victim to have a reunion.

Jasonic
01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I never caught Quicksand, The Replacements or Helloween with that line up. However, I was lucky enough to see the others also so I made myself feel old too. :lol:

I saw Quicksand twice.
First time was on a bill with Bad Religion, ALL, and Shelter.
Second time was them opening for 7 Seconds.

I was at the last Replacements show ever in Chicago where they broke up on stage!

Helloween with Kiske and Hansen was on the MTV Headbangers Ball tour with Exodus and Anthrax.

christopher
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Good call! I would love for them or Choking Victim to have a reunion.

Well Choking Victim still plays random shows in NYC.

evildeadjedi
01-04-2011, 05:48 PM
I saw Quicksand twice.
First time was on a bill with Bad Religion, ALL, and Shelter.
Second time was them opening for 7 Seconds.

I was at the last Replacements show ever in Chicago where they broke up on stage!

Helloween with Kiske and Hansen was on the MTV Headbangers Ball tour with Exodus and Anthrax.

Awesome!

Natrlhi
01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
ISIS

slapguitarer
01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Isis and The Blood Brothers are the two I want that are most likely to happen again at some point. But an Ozzy era Black Sabbath would be awesome too.

DethMaiden
01-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Isis just fucking broke up last year, I don't think the reunion is right around the corner. :lol:

Natrlhi
01-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Isis just fucking broke up last year, I don't think the reunion is right around the corner. :lol:I'm aware of the timing. Another way of saying it would be that I wish the breakup had never happened, because they're one of my favorite bands. Ever.

Does that work better for you?

...oh, and another one (that's also fairly recent, so we'll just get that out of the way now :rolleyes: ;)):

BURST

idrinkwine732
01-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Isis just fucking broke up last year, I don't think the reunion is right around the corner. :lol:

I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT

I'm aware of the timing. Another way of saying it would be that I wish the breakup had never happened, because they're one of my favorite bands. Ever.

Does that work better for you?

...oh, and another one (that's also fairly recent, so we'll just get that out of the way now :rolleyes: ;)):

BURST

This.

Isis are on my bucket list, break up or no, so I really want that shit to happen.

Burst would be awesome also.

treghet
01-07-2011, 02:15 PM
There are plenty of broken up bands I would want to see but the main ones are: Ride, Demilich, and Have Heart.

I know Demilich already had a reunion, but I wasn't a fan of them in 2006 when they did their one and only US tour. And Have Heart just recently broke up (2009), but I don't think they have plans for a reunion in the future because they said they were in financial trouble due to touring. :(