PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Heard Something This Stupid?

street_burial
12-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Talking about Diamond Head- Am I Evil?

My Friend: Dude this band did a cover of Metallica's song Am I Evil

me: What band?

him: Diamond Head

me: Dude, they did the original song and Metallica did the cover

him: No fucking way, This Diamond Head guy is a complete rip-off

me: (-_-) you're joking right?

him: NO!

me: go online and look that up.

2 hours later and im still waiting to hear back from him. Have you ever had a conversation that stupid?

Indestructible
12-27-2010, 05:08 PM
I can understanding not knowing it's a Diamond Head cover if you are new to metal, but once someone tells you it is a Diamond Head cover just go look it up on line. Though he is stupid for saying that Diamond Head ripped off Metallica when you clearly told him that Am I Evil is originally a Diamond Head song.

MPF
12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Here's one that is very close as taken from my facebook, just a few hours ago:

A kid posts a video of a Parrot headbanging to Cannibal Corpse's Make Them Suffer, although it does not show the band name or title in the video or description.

Me: Please *kid's name*, please tell me you know who this is? I'll even give you money if you can figure it out.
Him: IDK, it sounds like Job For A Cowboy, who is it?
Me: Cannibal Corpse: Make Them Suffer.
Him: Sorry I don't listen to old bands I only like new music.
Me: Dude, the song came out in 2006. And besides how could you not like older Metal. Without it you wouldn't have your bands you listen to.
Him: It just doesn't appeal to me. I can't connect with it.
Me: Ok I'll let you have your way. I'm sure Job For A Cowboy will be bigger then Cannibal Corpse *Saying it sarcastically*
Him: Yeah, you're probably right.

Damn...

JRA
12-27-2010, 05:53 PM
It's not a stupid conversation, just ignorant. and he probably hasn't responded because he felt like an ass upon discovering the truth, as he should.

That being said, Metallica's cover is better.:eyes:

Sanitarium78
12-27-2010, 05:53 PM
It's not stupid at all. Hardly anyone knew who Diamond Head was back then let alone now. In fact Metallica used to play sets that were made up mostly of DH covers in their early days and people thought that the songs were Metallica's. That's how obscure Diamond Head was and continues to be. It's not stupid at all to think it's a Metallica song since they've done more with it than Diamond Head ever has.

Indestructible
12-27-2010, 06:00 PM
It's not stupid at all. Hardly anyone knew who Diamond Head was back then let alone now. In fact Metallica used to play sets that were made up mostly of DH covers in their early days and people thought that the songs were Metallica's. That's how obscure Diamond Head was and continues to be. It's not stupid at all to think it's a Metallica song since they've done more with it than Diamond Head ever has.

With the internet today it should be easy to find out that Am I evil is a Diamond Head cover. I just assumed that was something every Metallica fan knew.

Maiden33
12-27-2010, 06:19 PM
It's not stupid that he didn't know, it's stupid that he refused to recognize that he might be wrong, or believe someone else.

/thread

street_burial
12-27-2010, 06:28 PM
i guess i should clarify what i meant when i said stupid, stupid was referring to the rip-off statement

El Gordo
12-28-2010, 04:44 AM
It's pretty stupid. It's pretty damn obvious that it's a cover... Even if you have no internet or anything and your only point of reference is the edition of Kill 'Em All with the two cover tracks. A simple flip through the booklet and, oh what's this? "Am I Evil?" (Tattler, Harris) Huh, maybe it's a cover?

The Colonel
12-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I feel your pain. I once had to explain to my friend's stupid girlfriend that "Sailin' On" was not a No Doubt song, but them butchering the Bad Brains.

BloodoftheKings
12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
One time I was talking to my friend and the song "No More Mr Nice Guy" somehow came up.

Friend: Yeah I know that song, it's from family guy.
Me: :facepalm:, No it was a famous song well before it was on family guy.

The Next Day

Friend: I found out who made that song. Megadeth.
Me: :facepalm:

ravenheart
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I feel your pain. I once had to explain to my friend's stupid girlfriend that "Sailin' On" was not a No Doubt song, but them butchering the Bad Brains.

To be fair, I wouldn't have known that. They both suck.

jhdeity
12-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Has anyone heard the song Mars by King Crimson? I swear Diamond Head stole the main riff from Mars and used it for Am I Evil.

Maiden33
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Has anyone heard the song Mars by King Crimson? I swear Diamond Head stole the main riff from Mars and used it for Am I Evil.

Behold, where it all comes from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

goregutsbleed
01-17-2011, 09:24 PM
One time I was talking to my friend and the song "No More Mr Nice Guy" somehow came up.

Friend: Yeah I know that song, it's from family guy.
Me: :facepalm:, No it was a famous song well before it was on family guy.

The Next Day

Friend: I found out who made that song. Megadeth.
Me: :facepalm:

i have a friend who says he was grown up on metal and rock but he had no clue who slayer/metallica/ozzy/alice cooper/iron maiden and others i was like really you werent grown up on metal and rock then he tells me he was and the metal he listened to was soundgarden and nirvana stuff like that i almost punched him in the face but theres nothing wrong with grunge but its not the only form of metal out there and hes into the bands like attack attack and haste the day and calls them original metal

Indestructible
01-17-2011, 09:30 PM
i have a friend who says he was grown up on metal and rock but he had no clue who slayer/metallica/ozzy/alice cooper/iron maiden and others i was like really you werent grown up on metal and rock then he tells me he was and the metal he listened to was soundgarden and nirvana stuff like that i almost punched him in the face but theres nothing wrong with grunge but its not the only form of metal out there and hes into the bands like attack attack and haste the day and calls them original metal

How has someone never heard of Metallica, Ozzy,Slayer,Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper. I figured you come out of the womb knowing those bands.

maidenpriest
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
i had friends who claimed up and down that they loved rock but had never heard of Zeppelin, or Sabbath. >.<

christopher
01-17-2011, 10:25 PM
I once took a girl on a date and she had no idea what "Smashing Pumpkins" was hahaha.

Sanitarium78
01-18-2011, 08:14 AM
How has someone never heard of Metallica, Ozzy,Slayer,Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper. I figured you come out of the womb knowing those bands.

No, you come out of the womb knowing all the Beatles songs because the government places chips in every childs head who was born after the breakup to make sure everyone knows all their songs:D

powerslave_85
01-18-2011, 08:26 AM
THIS JUST IN: Teenagers are fucking idiots.

Indestructible
01-18-2011, 09:23 AM
No, you come out of the womb knowing all the Beatles songs because the government places chips in every childs head who was born after the breakup to make sure everyone knows all their songs:D

I would think it would be the same way from Metallica, Maiden and Sabbath.

I can understand not knowing those bands if you dont listen to rock and metal, but if you listen to rock and metal you know Sabbath, Maiden and Metallica.

Jasonic
01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Back in the day when GARAGE DAYS RE-REVISITED first came out, even though it was HEAVILY advertised as all covers, I knew many people in my high school who refused that those were non-originals.

goregutsbleed
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I would think it would be the same way from Metallica, Maiden and Sabbath.

I can understand not knowing those bands if you dont listen to rock and metal, but if you listen to rock and metal you know Sabbath, Maiden and Metallica.

the bad thing is my friend hes 21 and im 19 and he never heard them or knew about them until i showed them to him and now he thinks he knows more about metal and rock then i do he tells everyone in our town that i dont know what im talking about when it comes to metal and rock hes one of those people once they find out something from someone they immediate think they know way more then you

JRA
01-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Why the hell are people still posting in this thread?

Div
01-18-2011, 03:37 PM
some kid cudi wannabe dude at work was in the break room talking about how he was in the military in afghanistan when he decided to leave and come back home. he got caught by military police and sent to prison at fort knox. then he busted out by jumping out of a 3rd story window and ran through the woods wearing only those paper shower shoes until he flagged a cab driver down. the cab driver happened to be a cocaine dealer and drove him to mexico where he then snuck back in to the US and ended up in new jersey.

a couple people believed him.

/thread