PDA

View Full Version : Scion shows - Trap Them, Black Breath, Mammoth Grinder

christopher
12-22-2010, 07:22 PM
http://www.scionav.com/music/scionavmetal/index.html#events4

1-8 Chicago
1-9 Hollywood

Cool, I get to see Mammoth Grinder on 1-7 in Boyle Heights with Hatred Surge, then again a few days later for free :party:

elturtleboy
12-22-2010, 08:21 PM
this will be my third time seeing Trap Them for free. Black Is sick live. Im excited for this:blaze:

mankvill
12-22-2010, 09:43 PM
TRAP THEM
BLACK BREATH
AND MAMMOTH GRINDER?!

Show of the year right there, dude.

bt11763
12-22-2010, 09:48 PM
TRAP THEM
BLACK BREATH
AND MAMMOTH GRINDER?!

seriously. scion needs to do shit like that in the nyc area, they would be able to draw just as much

elturtleboy
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM
TRAP THEM
BLACK BREATH
AND MAMMOTH GRINDER?!

First time i saw TT was actually my first metal show(it was scion) with Municipal waste.

and TT and Black Breath played for free during the summer at the Power of The Riff Fest with COC and Repulsion.

i aint big on sludge,but thos is gonna rule

mankvill
12-22-2010, 10:22 PM
i aint big on sludge,but thos is gonna rule

None of those bands are sludge!

elturtleboy
12-22-2010, 10:38 PM
None of those bands are sludge!

i thought mammoth grinder was,that why i never bother to check em out. I love Trap Them and Black Breath.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
12-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Never heard of any of these bands so I checked them out. Both Mammoth Grinder and Trap Them remind me of older Entombed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnnYeYCvmA).

bt11763
12-22-2010, 11:32 PM
i thought mammoth grinder was,that why i never bother to check em out. I love Trap Them and Black Breath.

nah. if anything trap them is closest to sludge if you ask me

elturtleboy
12-22-2010, 11:40 PM
nah. if anything trap them is closest to sludge if you ask me
LASt.Fm you fuckin liar!
what album u recommend kind sir?
And so theyre just hardcore?

idrinkwine732
12-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Bitchin...wish I could go...

ShatteredFlame
12-23-2010, 05:00 AM
seriously. scion needs to do shit like that in the nyc area, they would be able to draw just as much

I dunno these bands come here all the time for almost nothing as it is. The BrooklynVegan/1000Knives duo that book most of hardcore basement shows in NYC are consistent with great lineups, plus the fact that they do pull out a free show now and then I don't really see why Scion in NYC is necessary. Trap Them is coming here twice in January with All Pigs Must Die, that automatically is a better show than this!

But I wouldn't mind Scion Rock Fest coming further east :D

bt11763
12-23-2010, 08:10 AM
I dunno these bands come here all the time for almost nothing as it is. The BrooklynVegan/1000Knives duo that book most of hardcore basement shows in NYC are consistent with great lineups, plus the fact that they do pull out a free show now and then I don't really see why Scion in NYC is necessary. Trap Them is coming here twice in January with All Pigs Must Die, that automatically is a better show than this!

But I wouldn't mind Scion Rock Fest coming further east :D

fair enough. but yes, rock fest for the love of god...

TonyD
12-23-2010, 09:12 AM
We never get any Scion shows :nag:

Natrlhi
12-23-2010, 09:21 AM
We never get any Scion shows :nag:
Oh, just shut the fuck up, you. :violin: :finger:

christopher
12-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Dude! Mammoth Grinder is the best out of all of them. Grind/crust. I remember seeing them open for Low Threat Profile a few months ago and they opened with a Terrorizor cover. You need to go see them at the Blvd on 1-7 and ssee them with Hatred Surge. You won't regret it. This will be my third time seeing Trap Them too. I saw them open for Toxic Holocaust in Victorville last year and loved them, then saw them at POTR fest and hated them haha. BB is awesome too.

elturtleboy
12-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Dude! Mammoth Grinder is the best out of all of them. Grind/crust. I remember seeing them open for Low Threat Profile a few months ago and they opened with a Terrorizor cover. You need to go see them at the Blvd on 1-7 and ssee them with Hatred Surge. You won't regret it. This will be my third time seeing Trap Them too. I saw them open for Toxic Holocaust in Victorville last year and loved them, then saw them at POTR fest and hated them haha. BB is awesome too.

What album by MG do u recommend tho?

christopher
12-23-2010, 02:17 PM
What album by MG do u recommend tho?

I'm sure they're all good. I only have Extinction of Humanity on vinyl. They didn't have any cds when I saw them, only vinyl and cassettes. It felt like they're stuck in the 80s haha. I listen to that vinyl all the time and want more music from them.

http://www.myspace.com/mammothgrinder

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
12-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Any grind/crust fans familiar with World Burns to Death?

Their singer used to be a good friend of mine.

mankvill
12-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Never listened, but I've heard a lot of good things about them.

christopher
12-23-2010, 04:35 PM

I like em. My friend hooked me up with some of their music a while back. Are they still around? I'd like to see them live one day

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
I like em. My friend hooked me up with some of their music a while back. Are they still around? I'd like to see them live one day

Last time I talked to him was about a year ago and he was putting them on an extended hiatus to concentrate on his record label. Not sure but I think they might occasionally play around Austin.

jd091
12-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Soooo.... I rsvp'd to the chicago date for this. Am I gonna get an email about it, or do I just show up and give 'em my name? Never done something like this before.

mankvill
12-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Soooo.... I rsvp'd to the chicago date for this. Am I gonna get an email about it, or do I just show up and give 'em my name? Never done something like this before.

Not sure if it's the same, but when I RSVP'd to the Scion Garage Fest, they sent me an e-mail and I also gave them my name when I went to pick up my wristband.

elturtleboy
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM

This is the first time they emailed me back. just say they got my RSVP. Just make you sure you go kinda early,some guy with a clipboard will ask for your name. Tell em,they'll give you a wristband,your good to go.