PDA

View Full Version : Paul Di'Anno -- Foxboro, MA -- December 20th, 2010

Buried in Smoke
12-21-2010, 04:19 AM
First gig on the Winter 2010 USA tour.
Showcase Live, Patriot Place: Foxboro MA

Dorian Gray
Icarus Witch
Paul Di'anno with Icarus Witch (backing band)

Wrathchild
Prowler
Marshall Lockjaw
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Strange World
The Beast Arises
Children of Madness
Genghis Khan
Remember Tomorrow
Faith Healer
A Song For You
Charlotte the Harlot
Killers
Phantom of the Opera
Running Free

Transylvania
Iron Maiden
Sanctuary
Highway to Hell
:party:

Northern_Shaman
12-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Whoa, so Icarus Witch are playing as Di'Anno's band and playing their own set? Interesting. Would really like to see those guys live but Paul is just depressing...

Maidenmagic
12-21-2010, 05:56 AM
13 Maiden songs. In a recent interview Paul said he wanted to play more of his own stuff. He also bashed Maiden a little bit and said he left because they were getting too "heavy metal" for him. Of course this comes five or six years after he claims Bruce is the best Maiden singer and it was a good thing dropped him on the Early Days DVD. Yes it was a good thing because of all the footage I've seen him with Maiden it's looks like he's about to die on stage. So my point is the only reason anybody wants to see his washed up ass is to hear Maiden songs. He called his band "Killers", he's appeared on many tribute discs (Even making his own.) Yeah, he really wants to get away from the Irons.

Jasonic
12-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Interesting.
I thought this tour was supposed to be the first Maiden in its entirety.

Yeah, he had Icarus Witch with them earlier this year too.
I saw the Chicago show.

I was debating going again, but now after seeing the setlist, I think I will pass.

The_jman
12-21-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't have a big problem with him covering maiden songs. but it really bothers me that he's covering iron maiden, the song. don't know why that one bothers me, maybe the symbolism of it.

ImmortalEmperor
12-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Interesting.
I thought this tour was supposed to be the first Maiden in its entirety.

Yeah, he had Icarus Witch with them earlier this year too.
I saw the Chicago show.

I was debating going again, but now after seeing the setlist, I think I will pass.

He did play the entire first album, just not in order:

Wrathchild
Prowler
Marshall Lockjaw
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Strange World
The Beast Arises
Children of Madness
Genghis Khan
Remember Tomorrow
Faith Healer
A Song For You
Charlotte the Harlot
Killers
Phantom of the Opera
Running Free

Transylvania
Iron Maiden
Sanctuary
Highway to Hell

Sepultura69
12-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Why can't he just play it in one setting? I'd rather see "Iron Maiden" played from start to finish instead of having it shuffled around in the set.

rjturtle9
12-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Why can't he just play it in one setting? I'd rather see "Iron Maiden" played from start to finish instead of having it shuffled around in the set.

This. I would have taken the last tours set over this one.

And Highway to Hell? Really? Does he think he's in that band too?

Jasonic
12-21-2010, 11:20 AM
YEah, though I guess when you are advertising playing an album in its entirety, you expect it to be in order.

Let's face it, though he has some ok tunes, no one is going to hear his solo stuff. While I applaud his attempts to try to make it partially on his own, the fact remains that the ONLY reason anyone cares is to possibly hear some old school Maiden live.

Sepultura69
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
YEah, though I guess when you are advertising playing an album in its entirety, you expect it to be in order.

Let's face it, though he has some ok tunes, no one is going to hear his solo stuff. While I applaud his attempts to try to make it partially on his own, the fact remains that the ONLY reason anyone cares is to possibly hear some old school Maiden live.

:fist: EXACTLY! :fist:

Paul is having a show here in two weeks at a venue which is less then 10 minutes away from my house. The only reason I want to go is to hear "Iron Maiden" from start to finish. I could give two shits about his solo stuff(that no one really even cares about)

elturtleboy
12-21-2010, 11:55 AM
:wtf: oh well,im still down to hear Iron Maiden out of order,not the same but whatever

mars24
12-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Marshall Lockjaw, The Beast Arises, Children Of Madness all sounded killer :rocker:, and were better than some of the Maiden tunes. I wanted to hear Battlezone, but he said they weren't going to because they already had a setlist worked out. But Paul did catch the band off-guard by saying they'd do Highway To Hell. He told a story, explaining why he wanted to dedicate a song to Bon.

I'd go see Paul even if I knew he would not play any Maiden tunes, but of course I want to hear them. Prowler, Charlotte, Phantom were highlights for sure. Hearing the IM album in-order was what I wanted, but after the show I was glad he mixed it up. And Paul's on-stage banter is entertaining, when you can understand him. He responded to anyone in the crowd who yelled out anything. Often it was quite funny. Even though Paul said his voice sounded like crap, I thought everything sounded great. Killer show.

rjturtle9
12-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Marshall Lockjaw, The Beast Arises, Children Of Madness all sounded killer :rocker:, and were better than some of the Maiden tunes.

I'd go see Paul even if I knew he would not play any Maiden tunes

:confused:

farve4
12-21-2010, 12:51 PM
all I will say it was a great show, everyone has different opinions on him, he sounded great the band sounded great, and he didnt sound off about hating every corporation in the world like some other singer(that pays him) does.

JRA
12-21-2010, 01:36 PM

Fuck that. Being shuffled around makes it more interesting.

IrritatedTrout
12-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Playing albums straight always makes it seem like the show goes by way too fast to me. So I'm cool with having the songs shuffled around.

DethMaiden
12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
I love full-album sets when the songs are in order. Makes it feel like you're listening to the disc when the next song kicks in exactly when it's supposed to and there's no chance for awkward downtime or poor flow.

jd091
12-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Format.

JRA
12-21-2010, 04:29 PM
I love full-album sets when the songs are in order. Makes it feel like you're listening to the disc when the next song kicks in exactly when it's supposed to and there's no chance for awkward downtime or poor flow.

That's not true. Dave talked in between Lucretia and Tornado of Souls.

DethMaiden
12-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I guess I don't really care. I should amend my point to "I like it when the songs are in order no matter what."

PowerMaiden
12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
I've seen him 4-5 times over the years and I would still go in a heartbeat. You need to just party, I mean have fun ! All those songs are great so don't focus too much on how he turned out after he left Maiden. The songs are awesome, it makes a killer night everytime, that's all it maters to me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Butcher of Birth
12-21-2010, 08:55 PM
The man is a joke and a hack... There I said it.

The Ghost at Number One
12-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Format.Seriously. How difficult is it, really?

Maidenmagic
12-22-2010, 05:50 AM
The man is a joke and a hack... There I said it.

Agree. Long live the REAL Iron Maiden!

Butcher of Birth
12-22-2010, 11:01 AM
It's not even about "the real maiden" because all maiden is good. Whether it be a full album of awesome of just a few tracks (i.e. No Prayer and Fear), the thing is with this guy is he doesn't sound very good anymore and he is just a little bitch in interviews.

beyondtheblack
12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
He's most definitely a bitch, but I don't agree he can't sing anymore. Saw him last year and he was a beast. He's a force of nature really, given that he's been trying to destroy himself in every way ever since he left Maiden.

The_jman
12-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I think that he mixed it up is good, the whole in order thing, sometimes its like.... well if I wanted to hear it the same way it is on the cd, why wouldn't I just listen to the cd? At other times I think it would be awsome to hear stuff in its entirety, so I guess I'm undecided.