PDA

View Full Version : Kylesa Announce 2011 Headlining Tour Dates!!!

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 08:55 AM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/12/09/kylesa-announces-2011-tour-dates/

Kylesa announce 2011 tour dates
By Harry Painter on December 9th, 2010 in News, Tour
no Comments yet, add yours!+ Bookmark & Share

"Back in October, we called it one of 20 albums to look forward to as 2010 closes, and Spiral Shadow has earned according praise since its release. After Christmas, as BrooklynVegan reports, Kylesa will continue to support the LP with another slew of shows, only a couple months after finishing the last one.

Kylesa will be sole headliners this time around, however. Leading up to the previously announced Soundwave Festival shows, the Savannah, Georgia metal band will take a thorough and relatively lengthy trip up and down the East Coast. The tour begins December 27th in Richmond, Virginia. Kylesa will head to New York state and Ohio before making ground in the South. After covering bases in Georgia and Florida, the band heads back north in the middle of January. There will be a three-date Canadian trek and some Northeastern U.S. gigs before the band closes out in Charleston on the 29th. After the Soundwave shows, Kylesa will also make an appearance at Baltimore’s Maryland Death Fest on May 27th."

Supporting Kylesa for the Spiral Shadow January 2011 Tour will be Clutch, Zoroaster, Fight Amp, and Rosetta. Check out all of Kylesa’s upcoming shows below.

Kylesa 2010/2011 Tour Dates:
12/27 – Richmond, VA @ The National ^
12/28 – Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights ^
12/29 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues Cleveland ^
12/30 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts ^
12/31 – Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel ^
01/13 – Atlanta, GA @ The Earl *
01/14 – Savannah, GA @ The Jinx *
01/15 – Orlando, FL @ Backbooth *
01/16 – Tampa, FL @ Brass Mug *
01/19 – Raleigh, NC @ Kings *
01/20 – Washington, DC @ Black Cat *
01/21 – Pittsburgh, PA @ 31st Street Pub # <--- It's a Friday night, bitches!
01/22 – Toronto, ON @ Wreck Room #
01/23 – Kingston, ON @ Time To Laugh #
01/24 – Montreal, QC @ il Motore #
01/25 – Allston, MA @ Great Scott #
01/26 – New York, NY @ Santos Party House #
01/27 – Philadelphia, PA @ North Star Bar #
01/28 – Harrisonburg, VA @ Blue Nile #
01/29 – Charleston, SC @ Oasis #
02/26 – Brisbane, AU @ Soundwave Festival
02/27 – Sydney, AU @ Soundwave Festival
03/04 – Melbourne, AU @ Soundwave Festival
03/05 – Adelaide, AU @ Soundwave Festival
03/07 – Perth, AU @ Soundwave Festival
05/27 – Baltimore, MD @ Maryland Death Fest

^ = w/ Clutch
* = w/ Zoroaster, Fight Amp
# = w/ Rosetta, Fight Amp

Rosetta is a pretty good band. I've wanted to see them live for a while now. Check out their 2010 release "A Determinism of Morality" if you like post rock / post metal. :fist:

Looks like I might finally be making that dual-purpose metal / poker road trip to Pittsburgh in about six weeks! (hopefully :snivel:)

EDIT: Of course, I'd rather see Kylesa in Sydney on the day before my 40th birthday, but I'll take Shittsburgh in January if I have to. ;)

street_burial
12-14-2010, 09:30 AM
12/27 – Richmond, VA @ The National

as much as i hate clutch ill suffer through them to see kylesa

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 09:33 AM
:eek: You are now dead to me and several highly recognized members of this board.

Derelict
12-14-2010, 09:35 AM

massive fail...and besides, kylesa is, of course, opening for clutch, so you wouldn't have to "suffer" through them

street_burial
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
:eek: You are now dead to me and several highly recognized members of this board.

:snivel: im sorry but they are one the most overrated and terrible bands in my opinion. i dont usually talk about how much i truly hate a band but yeah... i have respect for them because of what they do but they could do it SOOOOOOO much better.

DethMaiden
12-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Your sig=Job for a Cowboy, Disturbed, Whitechapel, Underoath

Clutch doesn't want you, thanks for playing.

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 09:43 AM
^ :lol: Exactly.

street_burial
12-14-2010, 09:45 AM

job for a cowboy: im going for skeletonwitch and misery index
disturbed: because my girlfriend wants to go
whitechapel: because i like them
underoath: animals as leaders.

Thank YOU for playing.

mankvill
12-14-2010, 11:22 AM
job for a cowboy: im going for skeletonwitch and misery index
disturbed: because my girlfriend wants to go
underoath: animals as leaders.

Thank YOU for playing.

brad status:

[ ] not told
[x] told

TonyD
12-14-2010, 11:23 AM

That's all.

Dissimulate
12-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh my fucking god, this guy has an opinion! And it's contrary to the majority opinion! Holy shit he has awful musical taste, let's all bitch at him.

TonyD
12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Pretty much.

xStructualDefect
12-14-2010, 02:32 PM

he also has Blind Guardian, Rush, and MDF, but you didn't mention that. i'm pretty sure you're a fan of all those. (not sure if you're a fan of the bands on MDF though)

Oh my fucking god, this guy has an opinion! And it's contrary to the majority opinion! Holy shit he has awful musical taste, let's all bitch at him.

:lol:

to be honest i think Clutch and Kylesa are some of the most overrated bands talked about on this board.

*puts on flame shield* and inb4 my signature gets attacked also.

DethMaiden
12-14-2010, 02:33 PM
he also has Blind Guardian, Rush, and MDF, but you didn't mention that. i'm pretty sure you're a fan of all those. (not sure if you're a fan of the bands on MDF though)

Fair enough, at least there's redeeming things in his sig.

Unlike yours.

OH SNAP

;)

xStructualDefect
12-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Fair enough, at least there's redeeming things in his sig.

Unlike yours.

OH SNAP

;)

fair enough. Blind Guardian and Arsis just passed for me though. and a lot of core bands that i really like just happen to be touring all within a few months from eachother, so i guess that makes my signature look bad making it look like i only go to core shows, aside from Symphony X and Finntroll.

DethMaiden
12-14-2010, 02:40 PM
fair enough. Blind Guardian and Arsis just passed for me though. and a lot of core bands that i really like just happen to be touring all within a few months from eachother, so i guess that makes my signature look bad making it look like i only go to core shows, aside from Symphony X and Finntroll.

I didn't see SymX, you get mad points for that gig. :fist:

xStructualDefect
12-14-2010, 02:42 PM
I didn't see SymX, you get mad points for that gig. :fist:

haha i just added that actually since i noticed i didn't have it on. they're actually one of my top 5 favorite bands, who i like more than any core band. but i'm also a Soilwork fan so maybe i lose points for that :lol:

DethMaiden
12-14-2010, 02:44 PM
haha i just added that actually since i noticed i didn't have it on. they're actually one of my top 5 favorite bands, who i like more than any core band. but i'm also a Soilwork fan so maybe i lose points for that :lol:

I know Mikael Åkerfeldt guested on a song of theirs so I'll give them props there. Never heard their stuff though so I can't really say what I think.

xStructualDefect
12-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I know Mikael Åkerfeldt guested on a song of theirs so I'll give them props there. Never heard their stuff though so I can't really say what I think.

probably not your style. melodic death metal with the occasional thrash and nu-metal elements with clean vocals used sometimes. one of their earlier albums sounds a lot like Slaughter of the Soul, which a lot of fans see as a good thing.

evildeadjedi
12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
:snivel: im sorry but they are one the most overrated and terrible bands in my opinion. i dont usually talk about how much i truly hate a band but yeah... i have respect for them because of what they do but they could do it SOOOOOOO much better.

You're entitled to your own opinion. I'm entirely on the opposite spectrum of thought when it comes to Clutch.

My question is:

What do you mean by? "They could do it SOOOOOOO much better?" :confused:

es156
12-15-2010, 05:47 PM
brad status:

[ ] not told
[x] told

:lol: