PDA

View Full Version : Kyuss Lives To Record New Album

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 08:44 AM
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=63085

Kyuss Lives To Record New Album
posted Dec 14, 2010 at 9:42 AM by Diamond Oz. (3 Comments)

In a recent interview with Rock Sound, Kyuss vocalist John Garcia revealed that the band, now using the moniker, Kyuss Lives, will be recording a new studio album once they've finished touring and recording their solo projects.

"Our rehearsals are going so well that we’re thinking of doing another record,” said the singer. “This is brand new information that has been leaked to Rock Sound first; Brant, Nick and myself have collectively agreed that once everything is done live and we’re done with our solo projects, we’re going to do another record."

:party: :D :party:

TonyD
12-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Don't know how I feel about this...
Why can't they just play the US already?

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I really think they will. I mean, why wouldn't they?

TonyD
12-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Exactly but it's taking forever, Garcia already did Europe last year, now they're doing Europe and Australia in spring and it sounds like they may go straight to writing/recording from there.

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UNwiC2Z1c9g/SMHkfu71nwI/AAAAAAAAALc/qv9MOhajkIY/s400/yoda%5B1%5D.jpg
Patience, my young padawan. Come to you soon enough, Kyuss (Lives) will.

El Gordo
12-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Cool stuff. Hopefully it won't suck and tarnish the Kyuss legacy.

evildeadjedi
12-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Just look at Garcia's side projects, they have not tarnished Kyuss, so I highly doubt this will. I'm extremely excited since Kyuss is one of my favorite bands I never had a chance to see.

El Gordo
12-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Just look at Garcia's side projects, they have not tarnished Kyuss, so I highly doubt this will. I'm extremely excited since Kyuss is one of my favorite bands I never had a chance to see.

Garcia's side projects aren't Kyuss. This is supposed to be the 'new Kyuss', so it had better be fucking wicked.

TonyD
12-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm thinking "legacy" is totally different than "artistic integrity". And when a band/members of a band start talking about "legacy", it's a crock of shit.

And if they're actually gonna make music again, I'd way rather have Reeder in it than Oliveri because as far as Kyuss, Oliveri's writing credits are basically Mondo Generator, Son of a Bitch, and The Law :eyes: