PDA

View Full Version : Misfits -- Farmingdale, NY -- December 12th, 2010

BloodoftheKings
12-13-2010, 01:02 PM
This show had 10 opening bands. Some of them were alright. It was a mix of punk and metal bands. Their were some really lame pop punk bands, and the a couple of the metal bands were just typical Pantera knock offs. The crowd was growing very tired of all these openers but everyone rejoiced when the Misfits came out at 11:30 (the doors opened at 4:30 and I was their the whole time.)

1.Halloween
2.Earth A.D.
3.Bloodfeast
4.Horror Business
5.Hybrid Moments
6.Teenagers From Mars
7.Attitude
8.Some Kinda Hate
9.Astro Zombie
10.Skulls
11.I Turned Into A Martian
12.20 Eyes
13.Six Pack (Black Flag cover) :rocker::rocker::rocker:
14.Horror Hotel
15.Ghoul's Night Out
16.Angelfuck
17.Hollywood Babylon
18.London Dungeon
19.Thisrty & Miserable (Black Flag cover)
20.Abominable Dr. Phibes
21.American Psycho
22.Walk Among Us
23.From Hell They Came
24.The Monkey's Paw
25.Dig Up Her Bones
26.Kong At The Gates
27.The Forbidden Zone
28.Helena
29.Jealous Again (Black Flag cover)
30.Land Of The Dead
31.Saturday Night
Encore:
32.Descending Angel
33.Rise Above (Black Flag cover) :rocker::rocker::rocker:
34.Die Die My Darling :dance:

Anyone who has ever been to the Crazy Donkey knows that the sound is god awful. *But this takes the cake for the worst sound i've ever heard from the headlining band at this venue. But I didn't let that ruin the show for me and I still had a great time. The Black Flag covers were great and when they closed with Die Die My Darling the crowd went nuts. This is the first show I've ever been to where their was no barricade, during this song their was tons of stage diving and people were going on stage and kicking over the bands equipment. All in all it was a good show dispite the shitty sound and ridiculous amount of openers.

*Looking back Cannibal Corpse sounded just as shitty when I saw them back in April.

evildeadjedi
12-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Nice setlist, so who is in the band now days? I'm assuming Only and maybe Robo (assuming with all the Black Flag covers)?

BloodoftheKings
12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Nice setlist, so who is in the band now days? I'm assuming Only and maybe Robo (assuming with all the Black Flag covers)?

Jerry Only bass guitar, vocals
Dez Cadena guitar, vocals
Eric "Goat" Arce drums (new drummer they just got recently)

bt11763
12-13-2010, 01:34 PM
apparently they got rid of the barricades for andrew wk too. i wish they would do that more often, it would be a slighty better venue. i didn't go to this though, how was the turnout?

BloodoftheKings
12-13-2010, 01:37 PM
apparently they got rid of the barricades for andrew wk too. i wish they would do that more often, it would be a slighty better venue. i didn't go to this though, how was the turnout?

kind of a mid-sized crowd, expected a little more people but I guess not many people want to be out til 1 am on a sunday night.

maxpower
12-13-2010, 01:38 PM
I went to this show when it came through town a few weeks ago. Setlist seems the same as the show I saw or real close. I wish that at least Michale Graves was singing. Jerry Only sings pretty bad IMO. I've seen the Misfists with him singing 3 times and I've seen Michale Graves solo 2 times, and Graves has a way better voice. But, I guess beggers can be choosers and I'll take what I can get.

elturtleboy
12-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Fuck Jerry Only. But I do like how they did

Danzig stuff
Black flag song
Danzig Stuff
Black flag Song
Grave stuff
Black flag
new horribal stuff.

Now that Robos out theres a better chance for a REAL Misfits reunion. They dont need Jerry Only.

metallicbrian666
12-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I agree, fuck Jerry Only, but the closest we will ever see to a Misfits reunion is Doyle playing with Danzig.

Also, Graves sang a few songs with Gorgeous Frankenstein on December 26th of last year.

The Fakefits are terrible and Only should give up.

davidis138
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
In all fairness the Misfits w/ Jerry as the frontman are playing their right now best since Graves left. I own Project 1950 and their live performance DVD included with it is not so great. I seen them in 2009 and they were way too fast; 2010 Goat knows how to keep the proper tempo so much better this time around. Just my opinion but it's also evident with YouTube.

evildeadjedi
12-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Jerry Only – bass guitar, vocals
Dez Cadena – guitar, vocals
Eric "Goat" Arce – drums (new drummer they just got recently)

Oh so Dez is in the band now, that would explain the Black Flag covers.

Arce from Skarhead and Murphy's Law?

300%_Density
12-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I think I'm the only one who hasn't been in the misfits at this point.

bobbie solo
12-13-2010, 08:20 PM
why would u subject yourself to all those openers? sounds like you knew about it beforehand...are you a glutton for punishment?

elturtleboy
12-13-2010, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=evildeadjedi;322999]Oh so Dez is in the band now, that would explain the Black Flag covers.
/QUOTE]

since like 2002.

onethirtyeight
12-14-2010, 12:14 AM
i was there too. it was a good show. the sound did suck shit though like the OP said. also, WAY too many openers. i got there at around 7ish, and still had to watch like 7 or 8 bands before the misfits. juicehead was alright, the rest were pretty mehh. the crowd was decent. the highlight of the night was when the place went ape shit during die, die my darling. also, their new drummer is awesome. i never had a problem with robo, but this guy seems to make the whole show sound better. he stays in time, and his playing is very tight. definitely an improvement for the band.

metallicbrian666
12-14-2010, 04:52 AM
In all fairness the Misfits w/ Jerry as the frontman are playing their right now best since Graves left. I own Project 1950 and their live performance DVD included with it is not so great. I seen them in 2009 and they were way too fast; 2010 Goat knows how to keep the proper tempo so much better this time around. Just my opinion but it's also evident with YouTube.
To say they are best since Graves left honestly isn't saying much.

I do think that their biggest problem was playing the songs too fast and sloppily, but Jerry's singing is up there too. And the fact that he's a complete dick to former members.

Mike asked him if he wanted to just hang out some time, not to perform, just to reconnect, and Jerry flat out said no. Fuck him.

BloodoftheKings
12-14-2010, 01:02 PM
why would u subject yourself to all those openers? sounds like you knew about it beforehand...are you a glutton for punishment?

I was talking to my friends outside the venue for the first 4 bands, then I got a good spot right up front and expected to sit through a couple more bands then the misfits would come out. Little did I know they added 2 more bands and I ddin't want to lose my spot and I kept thinking the misfits would be next.

BTW: I noticed in your sig that your seeing Ultrageist. Im suprised anyone else on here knows about them. I lol'd hard when I saw them open for Dark Tranquility.

bt11763
12-14-2010, 02:00 PM
I was talking to my friends outside the venue for the first 4 bands, then I got a good spot right up front and expected to sit through a couple more bands then the misfits would come out. Little did I know they added 2 more bands and I ddin't want to lose my spot and I kept thinking the misfits would be next.

BTW: I noticed in your sig that your seeing Ultrageist. Im suprised anyone else on here knows about them. I lol'd hard when I saw them open for Dark Tranquility.

i know em too :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
I saw the singer for Ultrageist at Chipotle once.

inb4 cool story bro

elturtleboy
12-14-2010, 02:45 PM

I do think that their biggest problem was playing the songs too fast and sloppily, but Jerry's singing is up there too. And the fact that he's a complete dick to former members.

Mike asked him if he wanted to just hang out some time, not to perform, just to reconnect, and Jerry flat out said no. Fuck him.

what a bitch! People stop going with 12 year old "punx" to this and just see Danzig already.

davidis138
12-14-2010, 03:32 PM

Yeah Jerry's singing is also part of the problem. Jerry can sing just ok at proper tempo but when you get Robo, who plays the fuckin drums like he's running, then it sounds shit. But his voice is starting to slide downhill, which hearing it at proper tempo this tour made it evident; he needs to hire a frontman or stop or something i don't know.

And in all honesty I'd kinda have a "fuck you" attitude with former members too if they bailed on me mid-gig. I do realize it was his fault but be professional and quit after the shows over. Cut like five songs out if it's that bad, then quit.

elturtleboy
12-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah Jerry's singing is also part of the problem. Jerry can sing like shit

FIXED

evildeadjedi
12-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh so Dez is in the band now, that would explain the Black Flag covers.

since like 2002.

That makes sense because the last time I was them in 2000 or 2001.

BloodoftheKings
12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
what a bitch! People stop going with 12 year old "punx" to this and just see Danzig already.

I would if blackest of the black didn't skip my area.

elturtleboy
12-14-2010, 08:33 PM

then waste ur good money on mcdonalds or wrestling toys. shitfit shows are a waste of cash

bt11763
12-14-2010, 08:40 PM

shoulda seen danzig in june broooooo

BloodoftheKings
12-14-2010, 08:47 PM
shoulda seen danzig in june broooooo

Had no one to go with :(

bt11763
12-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Had no one to go with :(

you had meeeeeeeeee :(

bobbie solo
12-14-2010, 10:29 PM
i missed ultrageist. i guess it woulda been lol-worthy though? I went to that show for GJ & Unearthly Trance.

I've been to the Crazy Donkey...i dont think u would have really had to worry about getting close later if u left your spot up front. I can't believe anyone would book a show with that many bullshit bands, and i can't believe u got there so early. youre a trooper. an insane trooper, but a trooper nonetheless.

elturtleboy
12-15-2010, 01:42 PM
you had meeeeeeeeee :(

from what i know hes the most fun person to go to a show with in NY