Infected Voice
Orgasmatron (Motörhead cover)
-----------------------------------
Escape to the Void
Territory
Inner Self

Dextrimental
12-12-2010, 06:02 PM
What a strange setlist.. no refuse/resist or roots?

JRA
12-12-2010, 06:02 PM

That's a good thing.

DethMaiden
12-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Whoa...is this real?!

El Gordo
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Ah, looks like Sep is falling into the whole "play a classic album in its entirety" thing. Good album to choose though, weird that the encore featured all old songs too.

mankvill
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM
:eek:

Do they usually play Desperate Cry live?

Dextrimental
12-12-2010, 06:39 PM
That's a good thing.

As great as it is to see Arise played in full, I would genuinely miss hearing Refuse/resist, one of my favorite Sepultura songs.. Roots, yeah roots I could live without..

Wizzbang11
12-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Very sick setlist, but it's barely even Sepultura...

metallicbrian666
12-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah....this is retarded.

It would be a great set if it wasn't a cover band.

DethMaiden
12-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh, come on. Two-fourths of the band that recorded it, excluding the two dudes who turned them into the band that made Roots is a cover band? 2006 Sep was awesome, I'd see them again - and I'd see this show - before I'd ever see Soulfly or Cavalera Conspiracy.

Wizzbang11
12-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh, come on. Two-fourths of the band that recorded it, excluding the two dudes who turned them into the band that made Roots is a cover band? 2006 Sep was awesome, I'd see them again - and I'd see this show - before I'd ever see Soulfly or Cavalera Conspiracy.

I wouldn't see Cavalera Conspiracy or Soulfly, because they suck, but the Cavalera's are half of the lineup album, and at least Max is quite essential to the sound. It's like when The Misfits play old school songs without Danzig.
Sepultura post 1993 is just awful, I don't care if it's the Cavalera's fault they play shitty groove metal now, the band still sucks and I for them to play one of the classic albums without even the albums original lineup just seems wrong.

bt11763
12-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Two-fourths

2/4? you mean half?

DethMaiden
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
2/4? you mean half?

:lol:

We're just learning how to reduce fractions this week. I go to journalist college. :dorky:

Wizzbang11
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
2/4? you mean half?

It sounds like less of a big deal as 2/4 :D

treghet
12-12-2010, 08:06 PM

Yeah, I agree. I've read quite a bit of complaining about them playing Arise, but I'm sure people would complain if they only played new material. And why wouldn't you want to hear Arise anyway? :eek:

Bloodcurse
12-12-2010, 09:31 PM
That's a good thing.

:party:

Bloodcurse
12-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Arise was their last good album. Sorry, but Chaos AD sucked!! The album had ONE good song "Slave New World".

Wizzbang11
12-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Arise was their last good album. Sorry, but Chaos AD sucked!! The album had ONE good song "Slave New World".

It's not great but compared to anything after it it's completely listenable.

street_burial
12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
its a sepultura cover band in my opinion

Dextrimental
12-12-2010, 10:31 PM

COMPLETELY disagree, I love Chaos AD, for me its their last great album. Territory, Slave New World, Refuse/Resist, Biotech is Godzilla, Policia, Kaiowas, all amazing songs in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, Arise, Beneath The Remains, Schizophrenia, all that shit is fucking awesome too, and I would love to see Arise live, but I have ALOT of love for Chaos AD, specially considering the road they went down after that. And I would love to see Cavalera Conspriacy live, just to see all the classics they play.

jd091
12-12-2010, 10:54 PM

What if Soulfly played an all-Sepultura set? I'd rather see that.

DethMaiden
12-12-2010, 10:55 PM
What if Soulfly played an all-Sepultura set? I'd rather see that.

1) That's never gonna happen.

2) I like Andreas Kisser too much to say I'd rather see that, especially since Max has this high-and-mighty attitude despite the fact that he ruined Sepultura then ditched it.

mankvill
12-12-2010, 11:49 PM
still lolin at 2/4

El Gordo
12-13-2010, 04:28 AM
I saw Sep back in 2002 or thereabouts with Derrick on vocals and they sounded great. Definitely not a cover band. Andreas and Paulo (Igor was still in the band, but since he's not anymore I'll pretend like he wasn't) are fabulous musicians and play extremely tight live. It's not like you're watching some Joe Blow cover band -- these guys are pro's. Agreed that the vocals sound different, but the style is more or less the same... it's not like they got Dio to replace Max or something... even though that would be fucking awesome lol.

MetalIsArt
12-13-2010, 05:32 AM

This bs has lasted long enough. Reunite now.

Sepultura69
12-13-2010, 07:36 AM
I find it amusing that half the people on this board that talk shit on Sepultura and call them a "Fake cover band" are the same exact people that still praise and stand by the sides of Exodus, Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death and other bands that have lost prominent and important members. You hate on bands like Sepultura but you still praise and buy the cds of bands like Exodus and Cannibal Corpse(who have lost a lot of important members in their band) and you go on about how they still kick ass and ect....:cool:

Since everyone see's Sepultura as a coverband I guess I can say I think the current line up of Exodus is a "cover band". Since Cannibal Corpse is missing original members I guess we can all go ahead and label them as a "cover band" as well? What about Napalm Death? There are absolutely no original members left in Napalm Death anymore.....Yet none of these bands get the same level of "shit" that Sepultura gets. Also for the posts saying they suck musically now. I wonder if anyone on these boards have even bothered to check out their last two albums? Dante XXI and A-Lex are stone cold classics.:rocker:

Indestructible
12-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Old and new Sepultura I am fine with. Max Left in 1996 or 1997 they got a new singer, get over it.

street_burial
12-13-2010, 07:44 AM
I did buy 'a-lex' and it wasnt worth the money at all i was hoping it wouldve been a major improvement from 'Dante XXI'. it was an improvement but very slight, and the untrained ear could easily miss it. and i dont approve of not having all original members unless there is an unforeseen occurance that caused it. but most people still see it as the 'original band' when it isnt.

Sepultura69
12-13-2010, 07:53 AM
but most people still see it as the 'original band' when it isnt.

Yup....Just like how most people that go see Exodus these days think its the "Original band". I don't see no Paul Ballof(R.I.P)....I thought this was suppose to be the original "Exodus"??? Since Chris Barnes, Jack Owen and Bob Rusay are not in Cannibal Corpse anymore I think we can safely assume the current line up of Cannibal Corpse is a "cover band"......Am I right?....:cool:

street_burial
12-13-2010, 08:20 AM
the reason i called them a cover band is because they lost the most prominent member which was Max. noone can match his voice. and those bands who try to....let me find the right word....'mimic' the original band are called cover bands. which is exactly what the 'new' sepultura is trying to do when they played the whole arise album. ive listened to the new guy try 'roots' and in my opinion he fails. but i applaud them for trying. but i think they should just throw in the towel at this point

DisasterPiece120
12-13-2010, 08:55 AM
To me this is not Sepultura no matter what anybody says. Sepultura will always be the Cavaleras, Paulo, and Andreas.

Sepultura69
12-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Any chance of a reunion happening have now been completely and totally demolished :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kij4DPoeT4I&feature=player_embedded

I am still looking forward to headbanging and going nuts when I see this "Formation" of the group in a couple of weeks.:cool:

jd091
12-13-2010, 09:36 AM
To me, Sepultura without Max is kind of like Behemoth without Nergal, or Opeth without Mikael. It's just... weird.

street_burial
12-13-2010, 09:41 AM
To me, Sepultura without Max is kind of like Behemoth without Nergal, or Opeth without Mikael. It's just... weird.

^ This X 99999999999999999

PowerMaiden
12-13-2010, 12:29 PM

this

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

metallicbrian666
12-13-2010, 05:38 PM
To compare the current lineup of Sepultura to Exodus and Cannibal Corpse is pointless.

Exodus and Cannibal both still have the main songwriters in the group (Holt and Webster) and retain their sound. Meanwhile, Sepultura are releasing boring, experimental garbage under the name of a legendary death thrash band.

DethMaiden
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
To compare the current lineup of Sepultura to Exodus and Cannibal Corpse is pointless.

Exodus and Cannibal both still have the main songwriters in the group (Holt and Webster) and retain their sound. Meanwhile, Sepultura are releasing boring, experimental garbage under the name of a legendary death thrash band.

Because they weren't doing that after 1991 with Max in the band anyway. Okay.

Dante XXI > all other post-Arise albums

larvtard
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd love to see Cavalera Conspiracy. I'd much rather have them cover old Sepultura songs, because, you know, they have Max, and he has such a distinct voice. I haven't seen any videos of Derrick Green covering old Sep songs, but I can't imagine he sounds anything like Max.

metallicbrian666
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Because they weren't doing that after 1991 with Max in the band anyway. Okay.

Dante XXI > all other post-Arise albums
Chaos still had some good songs. Sure, Roots was way different, but it's still superior to anything they've done without Max. Max was Sepultura. I'd much rather have a shitty nu metal band with Max than a pseudo thrash band.

slayerizer
12-13-2010, 06:35 PM

those two albums that followed Arise suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

DethMaiden
12-13-2010, 06:35 PM
I'd much rather have a shitty nu metal band with Max than a pseudo thrash band.

Then there is no help for you. :lol: ;)

slayerizer
12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
btw Sepultura now is amazing live. Saw them at Hellfest few months ago and they completely DESTROYED!! Fuck all this reunion bullshit, this band is great the way it is now!

Sepultura69
12-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Max and Andreas where the main song writers for Sepultura. There is an old interview I saw where Max praises Kisser and says Andreas "Completes" him, something along the lines of those words. They where the main song writers, Max left and Andreas kept the band moving forward :fist:
"Max = Sepultura" is bogus, and how is comparing Sepultura to Exodus and Cannibal Corpse pointless? All these bands are missing important members and still hold key members and song writers at the same time. The last two Sepultura albums where great and this new one being produced by Roy Z will be no different.:rocker:

Indestructible
12-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Max and Andreas where the main song writers for Sepultura. There is an old interview I saw where Max praises Kisser and says Andreas "Completes" him, something along the lines of those words. They where the main song writers, Max left and Andreas kept the band moving forward :fist:
"Max = Sepultura" is bogus, and how is comparing Sepultura to Exodus and Cannibal Corpse pointless? All these bands are missing important members and still hold key members and song writers at the same time. The last two Sepultura albums where great and this new one being produced by Roy Z will be no different.:rocker:

I agree with Sepultura69 on this one. There is nothing wrong with the new era of Sepultura. Mind War=:rocker::rocker:

bobbie solo
12-13-2010, 08:27 PM
your name is sepultura69. i'd say you have a slightly biased opinion and would not honestly look at fair criticism at the current band.

Sepultura69
12-13-2010, 09:55 PM
your name is sepultura69. i'd say you have a slightly biased opinion and would not honestly look at fair criticism at the current band.

Yes I do. First off I think everything Sepultura came out with after "Chaos A.D" is total and utter dog shit. "Roots" is a horrible crappy tribal pop-nu metal educed excuse of an album. "Against" is a pretty shitty terrible album as well, I can't stand one track on that record. "Nation" is a very bad album too, don't even get me started with "Nation". I loath all those albums, they all suck simple and plain. However I really do like "roorback", "Dante XXI" and there newest release "A-Lex" alot. Sepultura have released 3 awesome albums after Max left compared to Soufly which has never released one good album.

Dextrimental
12-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Yup....Just like how most people that go see Exodus these days think its the "Original band". I don't see no Paul Ballof(R.I.P)....I thought this was suppose to be the original "Exodus"??? Since Chris Barnes, Jack Owen and Bob Rusay are not in Cannibal Corpse anymore I think we can safely assume the current line up of Cannibal Corpse is a "cover band"......Am I right?....:cool:

I'm gonna throw my two cents on this one just cuz what I think you're saying is slightly, well, wrong. Exodus and Cannibal Corpse lost members, yes, prominent ones too, however, their core songwriting team or even member has remained consistent. Webster has and continues to be the main songwriter in Cannibal Corpse, mostly lyrcially qith quite a bit of say in the musical side of things. Gary Holt for Exodus is the same. Napalm Death were a different deal since their founding member left as his other band took off and he had to tour, that being the dude from Carcass. Sepultura lost the two founding members, and the two MAIN song-writers. And even with that, they lost them at the height of their career commercially. Napalm Death lost theirs early on, and Cannibal Corpse and Exodus have lost theirs through various happenings within the band. Hell the current line up of Sepultura were gonna change their name not too long ago, so they clearly know they aren't the 'true' Sepultura.

Sepultura69
12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Sepultura were gonna change their name not too long ago, so they clearly know they aren't the 'true' Sepultura.

I'm calling bullshit on that. When was this? A link would be nice aswell. This sounds like something Max Cavalera would say in an interview(especially with his recent runnings of random bullshit rants of "he said she said" malarkey)

Sepultura lost the two founding members, and the two MAIN song-writers. And even with that, they lost them at the height of their career

No. And No.

Max and Igor where not the main Song writers of Sepultura. Max has said in countless interviews that he and Andreas where the main song writers of Sepultura and that Igor did "come up with some cool beats here and there" and that Paolo didn't do jack shit in the band. As for "Height of there Career".....Whether it was during there career defining moments it still doesn't change the fact that they where heading towards a bad direction, musically(Roots is a horrible album and so is everything that has been released by Soulfy thus far) :cool:

Dextrimental
12-13-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm calling bullshit on that. When was this? A link would be nice aswell. This sounds like something Max Cavalera would say in an interview(especially with his recent runnings of random bullshit rants of "he said she said" malarkey)

No. And No.

Max and Igor where not the main Song writers of Sepultura. Max has said in countless interviews that he and Andreas where the main song writers of Sepultura and that Igor did "come up with some cool beats here and there" and that Paolo didn't do jack shit in the band. As for "Height of there Career".....Whether it was during there career defining moments it still doesn't change the fact that they where heading towards a bad direction, musically(Roots is a horrible album and so is everything that has been released by Soulfy thus far) :cool:

In point one, I have an issue of Metal Hammer which states it, it was the band themselves, not Max. Obviously they decided it against it, but it was definitely the band that were thinking about it.

In point two, YES they were the founding members, thats how the band started, with the Igors jamming together. Fair point Andreas had a great say in things once he came on board to solidify a gigging line up, but to continue on without the two dudes that gave him the chance in the first place is wrong IMO, his writing, much like Max's, is becoming stagnant, I will agree Dante had some FANTASTIC moments, the violin in Ostia has always brought a tear to my eye, but the last album barely even sounds like Sepultura anymore. And true, but they were getting HUGE, they'd be playing much bigger venues now if Max was still with them..

Sepultura69
12-13-2010, 11:52 PM
In point two, YES they were the founding members, thats how the band started, with the Igors jamming together.

Your point?....We all know the Cavaleras were the founding members. We're talking about Main song writers which were Andreas and Max....not who the founding members are.

Fair point Andreas had a great say in things once he came on board to solidify a gigging line up, but to continue on without the two dudes that gave him the chance in the first place is wrong IMO, his writing, much like Max's, is becoming stagnant, I will agree Dante had some FANTASTIC moments, the violin in Ostia has always brought a tear to my eye, but the last album barely even sounds like Sepultura anymore.

Whats wrong with continuing a band he helped built and create? He's motivated and still want's to go on with the good name that he helped make back when he joined in 87' and I respect him alot for that. Max left and Andreas wanted to go on and I look extremely forward to headbanging with him in January :rocker::fist:

I don't know what the problem with A-LEX is. It has a lot of epic and heavy tuness like Moloko Mesto, We've Lost you, Sadistic Values, Strike, The Treatment ect.

And true, but they were getting HUGE, they'd be playing much bigger venues now if Max was still with them..

That's true. They definitely wouldn't be playing at the House of blues by my place which is fairly small.

Dextrimental
12-14-2010, 12:07 AM
You're point?....We all know the Cavaleras where the founding members. We where talking about Main song writers which where Andreas and Max....not who the founding members are.

Whats wrong with continuing a band he helped built and create? He's motivated and still want's to go on with the good name that he helped make back when he joined in 87' and I respect him alot for that. Max left and Andreas wanted to go on and I look extremely forward to headbanging with him in January :rocker::fist:

I don't know what the problem with A-LEX is. It has a lot of epic and heavy tuness like Moloko Mesto, We've Lost you, Sadistic Values, Strike, The Treatment ect.

That's true. They definitely wouldn't be playing at the House of blues by my place which is fairly small.

Cuz you said No when I first pointed out the Cavaleras were the founding members, read back at your older post.

Continuing without Max isn't too bad, but without both the Cavaleras seems just, well, odd, and a lil almost Mustain-esque. The Cavaleras created the sound, whether you like it or not Sepulturas sound is the riffs and the drumming, like any thrash band, and that was the Cavaleras. And epic and heavy tunes are all well and god, but do they sound like Sepultura?

And yup, which is a shame if I'm honest, cuz Soulfly are quite big, as are Cavalera Conspiray, but none will ever be as big as what Sepultura could've been.

Sepultura69
12-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Cuz you said No when I first pointed out the Cavaleras were the founding members, read back at your older post.

Nope... No where in my posts do I say that Igor was not a founding member. I just said that Andreas and Max were the main song writers of the band. That's all, nothing more nothing less. Re-read what I posted earlier, I said nothing about Igor not being a founding member.:cool:

Continuing without Max isn't too bad, but without both the Cavaleras seems just, well, odd, and a lil almost Mustain-esque. The Cavaleras and Kisser created the sound, whether you like it or not Sepulturas sound is the riffs and the drumming, like any thrash band, and that was the Cavaleras and Andreas Kisser.

fixed

shame if I'm honest, none will ever be as big as what Sepultura could've been.

True 2 Dat :cool:

Blacktooth85
12-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Yes I do. First off I think everything Sepultura came out with after "Chaos A.D" is total and utter dog shit. "Roots" is a horrible crappy tribal pop-nu metal educed excuse of an album. "Against" is a pretty shitty terrible album as well, I can't stand one track on that record. "Nation" is a very bad album too, don't even get me started with "Nation". I loath all those albums, they all suck simple and plain. However I really do like "roorback", "Dante XXI" and there newest release "A-Lex" alot. Sepultura have released 3 awesome albums after Max left compared to Soufly which has never released one good album.

Soulfly's 'Dark Ages" and "Conquer" kill anything Sepultura has done since Chaos AD. I tried to get into newer Sepultura like Dante XXI and A-Lex, there's some good songs on them, but for the most part i just found them boring...most of the songs didn't stand out. I know Soulfly's first few albums sucked, but the last few have been killer.

larvtard
12-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Okay, sepultura69, look at this way. Forgot all this stuff about founding members/main songwriters, blablabla... Max was the VOICE of the band (pun intended).
What made Sepultura different than all the other thrash bands? Max. Simple as that. Yeah, I know he's just a frontman and all, but when people heard old Sepultura I doubt they said, "Wow, these riffs are like nothing I've ever heard before. These guys have the most original thrash sound I've ever heard." They probably said something along the lines of, "Wow, this guy has the coolest thrash yell I've ever heard. I don't think I've ever heard anything like it."

So what I'm trying to say here is that Sepultura today could sound like old Sepultura even with one original member/main songwriter, but it's not worth it without Max.

Sepultura69
12-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Soulfly's 'Dark Ages" and "Conquer" kill anything Sepultura has done since Chaos AD. I tried to get into newer Sepultura like Dante XXI and A-Lex, there's some good songs on them, but for the most part i just found them boring...most of the songs didn't stand out. I know Soulfly's first few albums sucked, but the last few have been killer.

Agree to Disagree ;)

I tried getting into Soulfly(both old and new) before seeing them play a couple weeks ago in hollywood and nope, nothing sparked me, I couldn't get into "Omen", "Dark Ages" ect. I don't get how people can call these steaming piles of smelly cat turd "dark and brutal" albums:lol:

And I'm sorry you find Sepulturas last couple of releases boring and bland. I can say the same exact thing about everything Soulfly has released so far :cool:

opinions are opinions, like I said earlier

agree to disagree;)

street_burial
12-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Soulfly's 'Dark Ages" and "Conquer" kill anything Sepultura has done since Chaos AD.

Back To The Primitive and Omen blow those two out of the water

metallicbrian666
12-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Uh...I don't know about Back To The Primitive, but Omen is fucking awesome.

Bloodbath and Beyond :rocker:

Dextrimental
12-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Nope... No where in my posts do I say that Igor was not a founding member. I just said that Andreas and Max were the main song writers of the band. That's all, nothing more nothing less. Re-read what I posted earlier, I said nothing about Igor not being a founding member.:cool:

fixed

True 2 Dat :cool:

You did, you said 'no' when I pointed out he was a founding member. Aaaaaaaanyway, Im done with this futile argument. The true Sepultura will always be with the Cavaleras, right now they're not quite a cover band, but they're cetainly nowhere near what they were.

Sepultura69
12-14-2010, 06:21 PM

lolz @ "Blood Bath and Beyond" It sounds like they are making a refrence to the popular Retail store "Bed Bath and Beyond" :lol:

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/11/1126_black_friday/image/bby.jpg

Sepultura69
12-14-2010, 06:32 PM
You did, you said 'no' when I pointed out he was a founding member.

:tp: oh brother....

No and No....

Max and Igor were not the main Song writers of Sepultura. Max has said in countless interviews that he and Andreas were the main song writers of Sepultura and that Igor did "come up with some cool beats here and there" and that Paolo didn't do jack shit in the band. As for "Height of there Career".....Whether it was during there career defining moments it still doesn't change the fact that they where heading towards a bad direction, musically(Roots is a horrible album and so is everything that has been released by Soulfy thus far) :cool:

That's all I said in my post. I never EVER said Igor wasn't a founding member. All I said was that he wasn't the main important song writer for sepultura...Thats all...nothing more nothing less BRO.....EVERYONE Already knows that he was a founding member You don't even have to listen to the band to know that, that's a known fact

Im done with this futile argument.

Wait...were we arguing???? :confused:

I thought we were just having a friendly little chat, shit I ain't arguing :cool:;)

The true Sepultura will always be with the Cavaleras and Andreas Kisser, right now they're not quite a cover band, but they're cetainly nowhere near what they were.

Fixed

Dextrimental
12-14-2010, 06:36 PM
:tp: oh brother....

That's all I said in my post. I never EVER said Igor wasn't a founding member. All I said was that he wasn't the main important song writer for sepultura...Thats all...nothing more nothing less BRO.....EVERYONE Already knows that he was a founding member You don't even have to listen to the band to know that, that's a known fact

Wait...were we arguing???? :confused:

I thought we were just having a friendly little chat, shit I ain't arguing :cool:;)

Fixed

but when I pointed out he was a founding member, u said no, is that not saying hes not a founding member, or do you use no for a different meaning? And fair ball, its quite hard to gauge with people over the internet.. and SIGH..

Sepultura69
12-14-2010, 06:45 PM
but when I pointed out he was a founding member, u said no, is that not saying hes not a founding member, or do you use no for a different meaning? .

Dude I never said IGOR WASN'T A FOUNDING MEMBER. All I said was that he wasn't the main song writer of the band AND HE WASN'T. Find a post where I say that he isn't a founding member? Oh brother....This is fucking ridiculous.

"when I pointed out he was a founding member, u said no"

YOU KEEP SAYING THAT AND I KEEP ANSWERING THAT QUESTION BACK EVERYTIME yet you still repeat it. :confused:

I have told you countless times already that I never ever, ever, ever said anything about Igor Cavalera not being a founding member and what not...

I JUST SAID HE WASN'T THE MAIN SONG WRITER...and that's it...

and SIGH..

You tired bro:cool:

Dextrimental
12-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Sepultura lost the two founding members, No, and no.

Thats actually our precise conversation quoted two pages ago. An yes Im quite tired, im learning a song for a performance in college, however having this, whatever you wanna call it, with ouy is proving quite the respite.

Sepultura69
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
No and No....

Thats actually our precise conversation quoted two pages ago..

Here let me give you a better understanding dude:tp:

Sepultura lost the two founding members, and the two MAIN song-writers. And even with that, they lost them at the height of their career

I was saying "no" to the fact that you said Igor and Max were the only 2 main song writers for Sepultura. I didn't say "no" to anything about him being a founding member and what not, son. We were talking about bands that still hold key members/song writers and then you totally change the subject and go on about "The IGGORS"(Max and his brother) forming the band when they were kids and being the only main song writers for the band and I guess you mistook my words the wrong way when I responded back by saying "No" or some shit.
I guess I have to quote it again. I'll make it much larger so you can't miss it... :cool:

No and No....

Max and Igor were not the main Song writers of Sepultura. Max has said in countless interviews that he and Andreas were the main song writers of Sepultura and that Igor did "come up with some cool beats here and there" and that Paolo didn't do jack shit in the band. As for "Height of there Career".....Whether it was during there career defining moments it still doesn't change the fact that they where heading towards a bad direction, musically(Roots is a horrible album and so is everything that has been released by Soulfy thus far)

Lets just drop it, this is pointless anyways. Lets just listen to "You gots to chillll" by EPMD ;) :blaze: :horns: :cool:

however having this, whatever you wanna call it, with ouy is proving quite the respite.

Thanks...Lets just call it a friendly little chat :cool:

jd091
12-14-2010, 10:02 PM
This is starting to become reminiscent of the "Get Your Panties in a bunch about nothing" thread...

Dextrimental
12-14-2010, 10:13 PM
This is starting to become reminiscent of the "Get Your Panties in a bunch about nothing" thread...

I know, but I managed to get two pages out of Sepultura69 quoting himself over and over again.. It was fun :)

bobbie solo
12-14-2010, 10:37 PM
how bad is it that i still legit like Soufly- Bleed, and want to hurt somebody during Durst's part? such an embarrassing guilty pleasure.

BONES...CRUSHIN'

lol

Sepultura69
12-14-2010, 10:57 PM
I know, but I managed to get two pages out of Sepultura69 quoting himself over and over again.. It was fun :)

I only quoted myself twice AND the only reason I did that was because you obviously were not understanding jack shit on what I was trying to say to you because everytime I would explain myself and fix the situation, you would still proceed to keep posting the same B.S such as "U saiz that the igor wasnt a founding mEmBERZZZzz" or something like that and I was just correcting you for every time you said that(and boy did you say that a lot):tp:.

ANYWAYS

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p311/PYLclark/Meme%20pics/i_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

Dextrimental
12-14-2010, 11:15 PM
I only quoted myself twice AND the only reason I did that was because you obviously were not understanding jack shit on what I was trying to say to you because you would still proceed to keep posting the same B.S like "U saiz that the igor wasnt a founding mEmBERZZZzz" or something like that and I was just correcting you for every time you said that.

ANYWAYS

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p311/PYLclark/Meme%20pics/i_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

Actually, I understand perfectly what you were saying. Never disputed it. You just took it upon yourself to reiterate me with an answer to my question that was invalid. So I continued to ask it util you cleared it up about two posts ago. It was funny.

El Gordo
12-15-2010, 04:09 AM
I only quoted myself twice AND the only reason I did that was because you obviously were not understanding jack shit on what I was trying to say to you because everytime I would explain myself and fix the situation, you would still proceed to keep posting the same B.S such as "U saiz that the igor wasnt a founding mEmBERZZZzz" or something like that and I was just correcting you for every time you said that(and boy did you say that a lot):tp:.

Lol dude, I'm on your side about the whole Sepultura still being Sepultura thing, but let me walk you through the whole "No. And No" thing.

When you write two "no's" it implies that you're saying "no" to two different things. So naturally, the first "No," was to what Dextrimental said about "Sepultura lost two founding members," and the "And no," is to when he said "and the two main songwriters." I think everyone in the world understands that that's not how you meant it now -- hell, I think my 93-year-old grandmother knows -- but that's exactly how it looked. Thank you for the entertainment though dude! :D

Sepultura69
12-15-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm on your side about the whole Sepultura still being Sepultura

:fist:

When you write two "no's" it implies that you're saying "no" to two different things. So naturally, the first "No," was to what Dextrimental said about "Sepultura lost two founding members," and the "And no," is to when he said "and the two main songwriters.

The first "No" was referring to Dextrimental saying that "Igor and Max were the MAIN song writers" and the "2nd no" was simply about him saying Roots was the "Height of there career"....THAT ALBUM could have put them into mainstream media "Metallica" status, HELL that album could have made them the biggest metal band in the entire world and shoot them into Super Stardom and they could of been the biggest most well known mainstream band in the fucking genre and it still wouldn't change the fact that it was a horrible piece of crap of an album and a waste of Good music that COULD HAVE BEEN MADE. "Roots" may be their most commercially successful album and indeed it did boost there career but is it still good music?....ABSOLUTELY NOT(They where heading towards a horrible disgusting path Musically...People act like if Max still stayed they would still be making epic tunes like Beneath the Remains) :hecho:

Thank you for the entertainment though dude! :D

No problem brother.....that's what I'm here for(No....Not really...but oh well Entertainment is cool..) :cool: :rocker:

http://www.wolfenstein-norge.com/forum/bilder/AwesomeThread.jpg

Blacktooth85
12-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Back To The Primitive and Omen blow those two out of the water

Primitive better than Dark Ages and Conquer? Yeah if you're into hip hop influenced nu-metal. Omen is pretty awesome though.

metallicbrian666
12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Uh...I don't know about Back To The Primitive, but Omen is fucking awesome.

Primitive better than Dark Ages and Conquer? Yeah if you're into hip hop influenced nu-metal. Omen is pretty awesome though.

You even stole my name. Dick.

Indestructible
12-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I will agree with Sepultura on this, Roots does kind of suck. Aside from Roots Bloody Roots it's nothing special.

Sepultura69
12-15-2010, 06:24 PM
I will agree with Sepultura on this, Roots does kind of suck. Aside from Roots Bloody Roots it's nothing special.

It may not be anything "special" but like I said before, the last 3 sepultura albums have been great. Their newest release "A-LEX" is a really epic concept album based on Anthony Burgess's "A Clock Work Orange"

Check this song out and see for yourself. Awesome guitar work, drums, vocals ect. Sure its not the good old glory days but its still better then the crap that Soulfly puts out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrqxAzbfXLE

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2010, 07:00 PM
On the topic of bands continiuing without the members who made them what they are, I think it's best if they change their name like what Black Sabbath and Sublime did. New Exodus and Cannibal Corpse dont come of as cover bands to me because they still have their most important song writers. If Alex Webster or Gary Holt continued on with new bands they would probably just sound like Exodus and CC.

Sepultura69
12-15-2010, 07:30 PM
New Exodus and Cannibal Corpse dont come off as cover bands to me because they still have their most important song writers

The current formation of Sepultura don't come off as a cover band to me because they still hold one of their most important song writers and guitar players which is this man...Mr. Andreas Kisser

http://hardrockhideout.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/andreaskisser.jpg?w=450&h=474

BloodoftheKings
12-15-2010, 07:57 PM
The current formation of Sepultura don't come off as a cover band to me because they still hold one of their most important song writers and guitar players which is this man...Mr. Andreas Kisser

http://hardrockhideout.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/andreaskisser.jpg?w=450&h=474

But thats still just 1 half (or should I say 2/4ths) of the core songwriting team.

MetalIsArt
01-02-2011, 03:26 AM
On the topic of bands continiuing without the members who made them what they are, I think it's best if they change their name like what Black Sabbath and Sublime did. New Exodus and Cannibal Corpse dont come of as cover bands to me because they still have their most important song writers. If Alex Webster or Gary Holt continued on with new bands they would probably just sound like Exodus and CC.

Ozzy had to leave Sabbath because he was going insane. Dio came and gave us two extremely classic albums, just listen to his scream on "The Mob Rules". Besides, Ozzy's solocareer in the eighties wasn't unsuccesful so to speak. And no, Sabbath wasn't his backing band as some seem to think.

The Derrick Green era of Sepultura doesn't sell, and while I admire the loyality of some fans, I don't like much of Sep's music with him.

MetalIsArt
01-02-2011, 03:28 AM
But thats still just 1 half (or should I say 2/4ths) of the core songwriting team.

It is and I think that both Kisser & Cavelara are still acting very childish. How is it possible to be mad for 15 freaking years?

It was just a manager-thing, after all.