http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENehG1njkEo

Fuck yeah.

hb420
03-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Came out today! :drool:

Anybody pick it up? I did.

OraclesofAgony
03-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Apparently a lot of people are disappointed with it. I'll still play it, but I'm done paying 60 dollars for games. I'll wait for a price drop or borrow from a friend.

ravenheart
03-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Apparently a lot of people are disappointed with it. I'll still play it, but I'm done paying 60 dollars for games. I'll wait for a price drop or borrow from a friend.

This. Buying games upon release is dumb. Unless you're one of those people who intends to complete it in a week and trade-in for maximum re-sale value. But really, that's also dumb. You never end up with a cool games collection. Or you just make bad choices.

dcmetal108
03-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I only buy a game on release day if its something I'll play a ton online or something. For example BF3.

But I have heard mixed things about ME3 and still need to beat ME2.

mastodon421
03-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I can't stand this series so I haven't played it nor do I plan to, but my buddy texted me earlier bitching about how much of a letdown it was and how it was the worst $60 he's spent in a while.:lol:

BloodoftheKings
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM

EA discouraged buying used/borrowing for this game. If you buy used you have to pay extra for the multiplayer and you don't get a few weapons.

OraclesofAgony
03-07-2012, 04:56 PM
EA discouraged buying used/borrowing for this game. If you buy used you have to pay extra for the multiplayer and you don't get a few weapons.

Eh, well multiplayer in general doesn't interest me in the slightest these days. So no biggie. I mainly just want to complete the story, even though most people are saying the writing is horrible compared to the last two, which is a shame.

The writing in Mass Effect 1 was pure gold. This dialogue had me in awe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_NAoNd4YyY

BloodoftheKings
03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Honestly, I don't know why so many people who liked the second game are disappointed with this one. They didn't dumb it down anymore than they already did in 2. My only gripe is that the story is a little over the top. There's really no down time at all. Everything is high stakes and every mission is crucial. Plus the way they hyped up the reapers in the past games it seems like they should have destroyed all life within minutes after their arrival but you have plenty of time to build an army and plan how to take them on.

masterguy49
03-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I love this series with a passion and I was loving this game immensely.

Then I finished it. No spoilers, but this was the biggest let down ever. Not what i was expecting and no matter what reasons/thoughts could be brought, I was left unsatisfied. They tried too hard. I did not feel any closure at all, I feel cheated and I'm completely pissed off and upset.

With that i will curl up in a corner and cry.

maidenpriest
03-10-2012, 02:21 AM
Just started playing this, and I'm loving it so far. I enjoy the feeling of everything is crucial, gives it a good feel considering its supposed to be the big finale of the Shepherd trilogy (Bioware said they would possibly make more games in the ME universe). The combat feels much better, they actually bring back some RPG elements back in the game that were taken out of 2 (different weapons and enhancements), and I really like the advanced ranks of skills that gives you a choice on how you want to build. I don't get why some people are disappointed by the game.

masterguy49
03-10-2012, 03:16 AM
Just started playing this, and I'm loving it so far. I enjoy the feeling of everything is crucial, gives it a good feel considering its supposed to be the big finale of the Shepherd trilogy (Bioware said they would possibly make more games in the ME universe). The combat feels much better, they actually bring back some RPG elements back in the game that were taken out of 2 (different weapons and enhancements), and I really like the advanced ranks of skills that gives you a choice on how you want to build. I don't get why some people are disappointed by the game.

If you read my post this game was truly amazing. Just the endings were.... eh.

adamclark52
05-14-2012, 10:21 PM
The game has had a few months to sink in now, so how are everyone's feelings? I know the ending was a huge letdown for a lot of people but I didn't really like the ending to ME2, I'm more concerned with the actual game.

I'm getting in Friday.

mankvill
05-14-2012, 10:48 PM
I kind of want to play it, even though I'm well aware of how much EA fucked the game up (not just the ending), but there's no way in hell I'll be buying it first-hand and giving EA my money.

adamclark52
05-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I kind of want to play it, even though I'm well aware of how much EA fucked the game up (not just the ending), but there's no way in hell I'll be buying it first-hand and giving EA my money.

What do you mean they fucked the game up? They didn't replace Sheppard with Raiden or something, did they?

masterguy49
05-15-2012, 09:25 AM
What do you mean they fucked the game up? They didn't replace Sheppard with Raiden or something, did they?

Im guessing how hes talking about the DLC being huge spoilers kinda thing, plus even charging DLC for such a BIG DEAL Mass Effect wise. But actually now the game has set in, I still love it, the ending is good, just really leaves you feeling empty and doesn't give enough closure. Other than that it's pretty cool

mankvill
05-15-2012, 09:48 AM

I mean mostly the huge lack of quality work put into the game. Tali's face being a stock photo, using the exact same models for certain characters, just different hair and skin color, terrible background sprite animation, etc.

edit: also MGS2 is the best Metal Gear game ;)

masterguy49
05-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I mean mostly the huge lack of quality work put into the game. Tali's face being a stock photo, using the exact same models for certain characters, just different hair and skin color, terrible background sprite animation, etc.

1. The game was still well done imo
2. Tali's face was a joke, they didn't want to reveal the face, so they decided to fuck with people.
The rest I think didn't really mattered much for me. I play Mass Effect for the story. If those things bothered me, I'd stopped playing the first game immediately.

mankvill
05-19-2012, 04:27 PM
1. The game was still well done imo
2. Tali's face was a joke, they didn't want to reveal the face, so they decided to fuck with people.
The rest I think didn't really mattered much for me. I play Mass Effect for the story. If those things bothered me, I'd stopped playing the first game immediately.

Well, I think the story is pretty shitty, too. Especially because basically all story elements in Mass Effect 2 had no bearing at all in the overall story arc. :\

adamclark52
06-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Do I ever get to go to another area to walk around and talk with people other than Citadel?

I don't want another Dragon Age 2.

BloodoftheKings
06-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Do I ever get to go to another area to walk around and talk with people other than Citadel?

No.

adamclark52
07-17-2012, 07:15 AM
I'm a bit late in the game but I beat ME3 last night. Yeah I had issues with the ending but one thing I DID like was the last scene with the boy and his grandpa. I was very happy that Vigil was playing during that scene, if I'll remember any music from the game (aside from the clubs) it'll be that track. And if there's any song that should have played at the end that was it.

I never played ME1 so I'm wondering if there's any signifigance to that scene tying it into the series. I just took it as; thousands and thousands of years after the Reaper war the story of Sheppard and the Normandy has just become a fairy tail.

One iissue I have with the game that no one else seemed to bothered by was the editing of some of the music. Take that last scene with Vigil playing. There's a definitive end to that song if you've ever downloaded it or something. But during that scene they just faded it out way too early. And any other time Vigil was played they did the same thing too, and at other times in the game with other music.

One last question, during my last part of the game when you can talk to your whole party and whatever, I went up to Liara and she touched me, closeed her eyes, and we were floating through space. Any signifigance to that scene?

BloodoftheKings
07-17-2012, 07:19 AM
One last question, during my last part of the game when you can talk to your whole party and whatever, I went up to Liara and she touched me, closeed her eyes, and we were floating through space. Any signifigance to that scene?

That's just a scene you get if you were in a relationship with Liara.

adamclark52
07-17-2012, 10:07 PM
So a question, in the "synthetics ending" do all the people who are now synthetics retain all their memories, relationships and whatnot or are they all just a bunch of more functioning Husks?