PDA

View Full Version : DevilDriver - Beast- 2011

Indestructible
12-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Not sure if someone posted a thread about this yet

New DevilDriver album February 21st 2011.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_(DevilDriver_album)
I'm looking forward to it.... anyone else

Nick_to_the_face
12-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I am :eyes:

treghet
12-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I am. I thought their last release was a big improvement on their style, even though it had some not-so-great songs.

Nick_to_the_face
12-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I personally think that they get better with each album, something that doesn't happen often

mankvill
12-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I am :eyes:

Did you see them at the Granada back in (I think it was) February or March?

treghet
12-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I personally think that they get better with each album, something that doesn't happen often

Agreed. :cool:

MPF
12-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahaha

*My guitarist's nickname is Beast*

Devildriver has only gotten better with time, I'm looking forward to at least checking it out.

Travis The Dragon
12-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I've seen these guys live 3 times and every time they were AMAZING! I can't wait for the new album and tour.

stevepwn
12-12-2010, 08:36 AM

nope, pray for villians sucked compared to their other albums

Fires Of Sedition
12-12-2010, 08:40 AM

The Last Kind Words > The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand > Pray For Villains > DevilDriver

Hopefully this one's better than PFV

Indestructible
12-12-2010, 08:42 AM
I've seen these guys live 3 times and every time they were AMAZING! I can't wait for the new album and tour.

I want to see DevilDriver live, but Buffalo, New York doesn't book alot of good bands anymore. I'm not a moshpit person, but I would probably go in the pit at a DevilDriver show.

Pray For villians is a very good album.

mastodon421
12-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I am quited excited for this actually, I am a pretty big Devildriver fan. I liked Pray For Villians a good deal, but I think The Last Kind Words is their best record.

AnthG
12-12-2010, 12:44 PM
The Last Kind Words > The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand > Pray For Villains > DevilDriver

Yep. This. Exactly this.

Apparently Beast is supposed to sound more like The Last Kind Words than any of the other albums. So that's something to look forward to.

jhdeity
12-12-2010, 01:04 PM
I want to see DevilDriver live, but Buffalo, New York doesn't book alot of good bands anymore. I'm not a moshpit person, but I would probably go in the pit at a DevilDriver show.

Pray For villians is a very good album.

If you're not a moshpit person the last place in the world you want to be is a Devildriver pit. I thought Slayer and Hatebreed were the most vicious pits but Devildriver gets my vote for most brutal pit I've ever seen or been a part of.

Indestructible
12-12-2010, 01:27 PM

The Fury Of Our Makers Hand > Pray For Villians > The Last Kind Words > DevilDriver

JLRedWing13
12-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't understand why everyone thought Pray For Villains was bad. It's not like it's a drastic departure from their previous two.

treghet
12-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't understand why everyone thought Pray For Villains was bad. It's not like it's a drastic departure from their previous two.

Same here. It's understandable if people like their other albums more, but I read quite a few reviews that just ripped it apart.

AnthG
12-13-2010, 08:49 AM
I've never seen more crowdsurfing then that at a DD headlining show. Last time I saw them me and my friend were front row, and we had 15-20 people who crowdsurfed over us by the end of the 2nd song.

treghet
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I've never seen more crowdsurfing then that at a DD headlining show. Last time I saw them me and my friend were front row, and we had 15-20 people who crowdsurfed over us by the end of the 2nd song.

Watch this. ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aoD2cXM3Dc&feature=related

Fires Of Sedition
12-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Yep. This. Exactly this.

Apparently Beast is supposed to sound more like The Last Kind Words than any of the other albums. So that's something to look forward to.

YESSSS :party:

The Fury Of Our Makers Hand > Pray For Villians > The Last Kind Words > DevilDriver

Well, at least you got one of them in the right spot.

I don't think it's bad. It's just not as good as Fury and TLKW. The weird clean vocals Dez does don't appeal to me.

Nick_to_the_face
12-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Did you see them at the Granada back in (I think it was) February or March?

Nope..Granada is a rare luxury for me..