PDA

View Full Version : Avalanche Tour (Stone Sour)

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-08-2010, 01:57 PM
The line up includes Stone Sour, Halestorm, Theory of a Deadman and others that are in negotiations. It will be a winter tour taking place after the A7X/Stone Sour tour.

MPF
12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Once agai another crap tour that luckily is putting al;l the crap bands together.

*Although I say that more then anything because Theory Of A Deadman is touring again. I don't miss playing Bad Girlfriend in my old cover band, I can tell you that.*

JLRedWing13
12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
2 for 3. I'd go. *runs and hides*

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-03-2011, 02:31 AM
I hear 7dust & 36 Crazyfists are on this tour with Stone Sour, Halestorm and Theory of a Deadman.

AnthG
01-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Either it will be a very short tour or won't take place in the winter, since the A7X tour ends Feb. 13th, and then Stone Sour go to Australia from Feb. 26th - Mar. 7th.

I wonder if this will hit Canada. I like Sevendust, 36 Crazyfists, and Stone Sour even though Audio Secrecy was kind of meh. Plus Theory of a Deadman would surely headline, which means I could leave before them.

Butcher of Birth
01-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Sevendust, 36, and Stone Sour? Done and Done, without question!

The_jman
01-03-2011, 09:45 AM
I would go. like most of those. 36 crazyfists seem out of place though...

jd091
01-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't know if its just me, but I saw Theory at Rock on the Range last year and they were the worst performance. By far. Worse than Limp Bizkit :eek:

street_burial
01-03-2011, 11:24 AM
i might go just to see 36 crazyfists

mankvill
01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I can't believe people are saying they actually like 36 Crazyfists.

makethemsuffer12
01-03-2011, 12:57 PM

This.

NickLed19
01-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Stone Sour, Halestorm, and Sevendust are great.

RAZOR
01-03-2011, 02:05 PM
No thanks.

Butcher of Birth
01-03-2011, 02:06 PM

You die, and you die meow!!!!!!

The_jman
01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't know if its just me, but I saw Theory at Rock on the Range last year and they were the worst performance. By far. Worse than Limp Bizkit :eek:
Its just you IMO, I actually really enjoyed their performance that night must better than the first time I saw them a couple years ago.

NickLed19
01-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Theory is terrible live.

MPF
01-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Theory is terrible.

Fixed!

NickLed19
01-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Fixed!

:D

NickLed19
01-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Any idea when dates will be announced?

xskizzelzx90x
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Fixed!

:D
is it bad that I MIGHT consider this, even though I KNOW it wont come here?

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
This tour will be announce by the end of January. Probably in the next 10 days.

NickLed19
01-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Sweet, hopefully it comes close to Nashville. Is it Stone Sour, Halestorm, Theory, and who else?

AnthG
01-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Sevendust is still on MAAW, so they couldn't be doing this tour if it takes place during the winter.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Not sure about the winter part any more. I was told it would be after the MAAW and Nightmare tours are completed.

NickLed19
01-15-2011, 03:43 PM
It should start in late March.

NickLed19
01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Will this be announced this week?

Steev
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
sounds like a late spring tour, coinciding with Rock On The Range(which Im pretty sure Stone Sour is on)

Shadowswillfall414
01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
When i saw stone sour on saturday they said theyll be back in a couple of months. So yeah maybe late march early april.

windshldbraker88
01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
It is headlined by Stone Sour with support by Theory Of A Deadman, Skillet, Halestorm, and Art Of Dying

i personally think this tour is going to kick ass, then again everyone else on here seems to only listen to metal and nothing else, but thats cool, what do you think of this tour?

AnthG
01-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Outside of Stone Sour the tour is absolute crap. And even Stone Sour's last album wasn't great.

Good thing it's not coming near where I live. Hopefully if Stone Sour tour again this year they'll bring better support acts.

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
then again everyone else on here seems to only listen to metal and nothing else, but thats cool, what do you think of this tour?

This is 100% false. All those in favor of booting the mayhem board kids say I.

makethemsuffer12
01-27-2011, 09:37 AM

So is that where the sudden influx of n00bzors are from?

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2011, 09:37 AM
So is that where the sudden influx of n00bzors are from?

Yeah, most of them atleast. I dont care if someone is into some poser bands but when they dont know shit about metal and accuse anyone with a decent taste in music of being an elitist thats where I draw the line.

windshldbraker88
01-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah, most of them atleast. I dont care if someone is into some poser bands but when they dont know shit about metal and accuse anyone with a decent taste in music of being an elitist thats where I draw the line.

i know about metal, i love metal, the thing is, i listen to all types of music except rap and country, so if i hear a band i like....like Hollywood Undead or Skillet, i go see them live, but yet everyone on here bashes them........we all have different taste's in music, your can't be a poser for what kinda music you like, there is no such thing as a poser unless your a little emo kid listening to country

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2011, 09:49 AM
i know about metal, i love metal, the thing is, i listen to all types of music except rap and country, so if i hear a band i like....like Hollywood Undead or Skillet, i go see them live, but yet everyone on here bashes them........we all have different taste's in music, your can't be a poser for what kinda music you like, there is no such thing as a poser unless your a little emo kid listening to country

You like Hollywood Undead, your argument is invalid. And emos dont listen to country dipshit.

rjturtle9
01-27-2011, 10:02 AM

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I I I I I I

I

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 10:16 AM
i know about metal, i love metal, the thing is, i listen to all types of music except rap and country

Yeah, really? You'll have some great conversation with all the guys on here who's collections include rap, country, blues etc.

Also, emo kids listen to country? What planet are you on?

On the subject of the tour, apart from Stone Sour it sucks. Halestorm abandoned all of their decent material the moment they got signed and made generic boring shit instead. Theory of A Dead Man would be a half-decent band if they stopped trying to ride Nickelback's formula to stardom, ditto Art of Dying, and Skillet are irrelevant because Danko Jones already exists.

None of these bands suck, per sae, they are just trying to make careers out of plagiarizing other bands, and that is not worth anyone's time or money.

So in short, you misspelled "shit" in your thread title.

TonyD
01-27-2011, 10:17 AM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15443&highlight=avalanche+tour
YOU MAKE SOEM COOL THREADS DUDE

windshldbraker88
01-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Emo kids don't listen to country, THAT WAS THE POINT!!!!!

I Agree TOAD is trying to ride Nickelback's road to fame, But skillet is their own Christian Band and they rock, i've seen them live 6 times and their live shows are unlike anyone else's. I never heard Halestorm before i saw them live with Staind and Shinedown, but i liked their stuff, i am literally just hearing Art Of Dying for the first time right now.......Ehhhh. but by your logic, Stone Sour is riding Slipknots road to fame just because Corey and Jim are in the band. We all like what we like, no matter what anyone says, it wont change who anyone listens to

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 10:36 AM
but by your logic, Stone Sour is riding Slipknots road to fame just because Corey and Jim are in the band. We all like what we like, no matter what anyone says, it wont change who anyone listens to

Wrong. I said Theory and Art of Dying are riding Nickelback's formula to fame. i.e. they are copying their sound. That's what plagiarizing means. Stone Sour sound nothing like Slipknot.

On the emo kids listening to country thing, I now see what you were trying to say, and that means you have misunderstood what poser means in the music context.

bt11763
01-27-2011, 10:56 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c0/Isay.jpg

windshldbraker88
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Wrong. I said Theory and Art of Dying are riding Nickelback's formula to fame. i.e. they are copying their sound. That's what plagiarizing means. Stone Sour sound nothing like Slipknot.

On the emo kids listening to country thing, I now see what you were trying to say, and that means you have misunderstood what poser means in the music context.

i don't know art of dying, and there is no such thing as Plagiarizing music, if there was then this world would only have like 40 bands at most, anyone at anytime could say any band that has ever called Metallica a inspiration is plagiarizing their music, same with anyone that has ever called The Beatles a inspiration..... but no one will ever sound like the Beatles did. any rock band could plagiarize and other band. Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine are using the same formula.

Mind explaining?

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 12:32 PM
i don't know art of dying, and there is no such thing as Plagiarizing music, if there was then this world would only have like 40 bands at most, anyone at anytime could say any band that has ever called Metallica a inspiration is plagiarizing their music, same with anyone that has ever called The Beatles a inspiration..... but no one will ever sound like the Beatles did. any rock band could plagiarize and other band. Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine are using the same formula.

Mind explaining?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man.

No, I won't be explaining. Two reasons. There's nothing to explain because it was a plain English base explanation as it was, and it would clearly be a waste of my time.

mankvill
01-27-2011, 01:05 PM
i listen to all types of music except rap and country

Never thought I'd hear this phrase outside of junior high again.

You have solidified that you have terrible taste in music.

Also: this thread already exists.

NickLed19
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
No Nashville date, shit.

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Never thought I'd hear this phrase outside of junior high again.

:lol: Im pretty sure this kid is a junior high student.

IrritatedTrout
01-27-2011, 02:35 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/293hj7q.jpg/

Sanitarium78
01-27-2011, 04:17 PM
then again everyone else on here seems to only listen to metal and nothing else, but thats cool, what do you think of this tour?

You just joined this month and have a total of 14 posts, you haven't been around long enough to assume that everyone here listens to "just metal" and that's it. This place is just like a new job (if you're old enough to get hired anywhere that is) it takes about six months or so to get to know what everyone and everything is about. While metal is the main thing we all listen to it's not the only music we like. Just check out the "Now Playing" thread in genreal chat and you'll see there's more to us here than just being metalheads.

As for the tour, I like Stone Sour and if it came to my town i'd go to see them but I don't care about anyone else. Lizzy Hale has a good strong voice and is ok to look at but that that doesn't change the fact that Halestorm's music is very mediocre.

windshldbraker88
01-27-2011, 07:17 PM
You just joined this month and have a total of 14 posts, you haven't been around long enough to assume that everyone here listens to "just metal" and that's it. This place is just like a new job (if you're old enough to get hired anywhere that is) it takes about six months or so to get to know what everyone and everything is about. While metal is the main thing we all listen to it's not the only music we like. Just check out the "Now Playing" thread in genreal chat and you'll see there's more to us here than just being metalheads.

As for the tour, I like Stone Sour and if it came to my town i'd go to see them but I don't care about anyone else. Lizzy Hale has a good strong voice and is ok to look at but that that doesn't change the fact that Halestorm's music is very mediocre.

i joined this month after reading all these post since.........July of last year......right before i went to mayhem, i have a job. im 17, im a senior, and everyone here just shits on rock music, rock is good, i like it, metal is good i like it, death metal is good, i like it, rap is the same old shit with every song, i dont like it, and country is ok every now and again, but almost 99% of it i dont like

slapguitarer
01-27-2011, 07:21 PM

:snivel: I didn't do nothing wrong...

Indestructible
01-27-2011, 07:31 PM
i joined this month after reading all these post since.........July of last year......right before i went to mayhem, i have a job. im 17, im a senior, and everyone here just shits on rock music, rock is good, i like it, metal is good i like it, death metal is good, i like it, rap is the same old shit with every song, i dont like it, and country is ok every now and again, but almost 99% of it i dont like

Alot of people here do hate alot of mainstream rock and metal bands, and love black and death metal so I could see where you think that is all they listen to.

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2011, 07:40 PM
:snivel: I didn't do nothing wrong...

Your okay, im talking about winsheild and magson specifically.

300%_Density
01-27-2011, 07:40 PM
So w/ all the hating going on I found it funny that there were 3 pages of hating and then I realized that the dates haven't been posted so what the hell here they are in all of their amazingness glory!!! And a side note this might possibly border that Emmure tour for sweetest support acts... *HEAVY SARCASM*

Stone Sour will headline the upcoming “Avalanche Tour” which will feature support from Theory Of A Dead Man, Skillet, Halestorm and Art Of Dying. Dates for the tour include

03/24 Chicago, IL – Aragon Ballroom
03/25 Milwaukee, WI – Eagles Ballroom
03/26 St. Paul, MN – Roy Wilkins Auditorium
03/28 Bloomington, IL – US Cellular Coliseum
03/29 Fort Wayne, IN – Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
04/01 Atlanta, GA – Masquerade Music Park
04/02 Tampa, FL – St. Pete Times Forum
04/03 Ladson, SC – Ladson Fairground
04/08 San Antonio, TX – Illusion Theater at Alamodome
04/09 Corpus Christi, TX – Concrete Street Amphitheater
04/10 Grand Prairie, TX – Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
04/12 Houston, TX – Reliant Arena
04/13 Wichita Falls, TX – Kay Yeager Coliseum
04/15 Belton, TX – Bell County Expo Center
04/16 Lubbock, TX – LoneStar Amphitheater
04/17 El Paso, TX – El Paso County Coliseum
04/19 Tulsa, OK – Tulsa Convention Center Arena
04/21 Park City, KS – Hartman Arena
04/22 Springfield, MO – Shrine Mosque
04/29 New York, NY – Hammerstein Ballroom
04/30 Bangor, ME – Bangor Waterfront
05/01 Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena

bt11763
01-27-2011, 08:37 PM
rap is the same old shit with every song, i dont like it, and country is ok every now and again

http://myfacewhen.com/images/58.jpg

MPF
01-27-2011, 09:00 PM
These Mayhem kids are really starting to piss me off.

slapguitarer
01-27-2011, 09:02 PM
These Mayhem kids are really starting to piss me off.

I had to deal with them on their own turf.

Motograter_Ghost
01-28-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm actually really exited for this one! Even tho Halestorm and Stone Sour are kinda hard for me to listen to for "bruised heart" reasons I'm still big fans. Yep, Im the nerd with an Eye of The Storm pass that is giggling inside that she gets a special presale offer and a badge to carry that comes with a special surprise to come at a later date :) I was surprised that a KC, MO date wasnt on this but that suits me fine cuz Tulsa, OK and Springfeild, MO is even closer. Im pretty sure Im nerdy enough to even do both. With the Big 4 let down and the frustration with Mayhem I was afraid of having a lack of concerts in my future til May's EDBD18 in Florida. But yay! Now I got Daniel Lioneye & Cradle of Filth 2/1 in Houston, Avalanche 4/19 & 4/22 and if I have enough $$ after Daniel Lioneye I may treat myself with some Death Angel and Lazarus A.D. if they arent already sold out :( I really do hope this year picks up a bit more concert wise...I have good hopes for EDBD18 :)

BlindGuardian93
01-28-2011, 08:28 AM
I had to deal with them on their own turf.

i was there too. we are losing that battle. There was such a huge influx of new people its sickening.

NickLed19
03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
First date of the tour was cancelled. That can't be good.

xskizzelzx90x
03-17-2011, 08:50 PM
First date of the tour was cancelled. That can't be good.

fuck...
heres to hoping it still comes here may 6th!