PDA

View Full Version : The Top 101 album that changed my life

Pages : 1 [2]

jhdeity
03-21-2011, 08:36 PM
POSITION # : 31

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_66P8ussx5-s/R22k-ib01MI/AAAAAAAAAUE/6OdHjo7xGIM/s400/BeastOverHammersmith-Delantera1.jpg
1982 (released in 2002)

Track Listing

disc1
1. Murders In The Rue Morgue
2. Wrathchild
3. Run To The Hills
4. Children Of The Damned
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Another Life
7. Killers
8. 22 Acacia Avenue
9. Total Eclipse

Disc 2
1. Transylvania
2. The Prisoner
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Phantom Of The Opera
5. Iron Maiden
6. Sanctuary
7. Drifter
8. Running Free
9. Prowler

How long have I waited to see this thing coming out. How have I dreamed of this coming out. We had to wait a long 20 years before the best band ever finnally made this recording available.

I remember went I finnally got my Eddie’s Archives boxed set I went to buy myself some real english beer, New Castle Brown Ale as I wanted to really travel in time and fully appreciate the infamous Beast Over Hammersmith show.

Recorded on March 20 th 1982 at the famous Hammersmith Odeon in London, England this show was to support their new album of the time ‘’ The Number Of The Beast’’ and featured their new singer, a certain Mr. Bruce Dickinson. As the album were to be release 2 days latter (on march 22 nd) the audiance didn’t know any of the new stuff with the exeption of the new single ‘’Run To The Hills’’ that was already out.

They started the show with 2 old favourite Murders In The Rue Morgue and Wrathchild to get the crowd on their side but soon they would play 6 songs of the new album plus one b side of it and really this show demonstrate what would Iron Maiden become. In fact they were already there. Priest, Sabbath, Zeppelin you all have been surpassed already. These guys are for real. The musicianship on this thing is absolutetly mindblowing, they slayed totally. What a band ! and the new singer totally makes Paul Di’Anno sound like a ordinary guy. What a range, what a voice. Fucking incredible. They are so aggressive, powerfull, melodic and all in between it’s chilling to hear that. The new kings of metal are born. The best live band was born and this show is the proof of it.

Long Live Iron Maiden.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Definitely one of my favorite Maiden setlists ever

PowerMaiden
03-22-2011, 11:29 AM
POSITION # : 30

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QNq0NdpCuCQ/Sc2P8sD7ILI/AAAAAAAAEiE/I1N2r8oNtbI/s1600/Sepultura+-+Beneath+The+Remains+(1989).jpg

Track Listing

1. Beneath The Remains
2. Inner Self
3. Stronger Than Hate
4. Mass Hypnosis
5. Sarcastic Existence
6. Slaves Of Pain
7. Lobotomy
8. Hungry
9. Primitive Future

A real thrash orgy here where the intensity doesn’t lower one bit throughout the whole thing. An abusive shred party where the violence is sprayed all over by an angry Max. An headbang fest also. Catchy yet precise. A young bunch of Brezilian angry wolves that were worshiping Slayer and wanted to rule the world. They somehow established themselves with the first 2 albums but this one is where they truly found their identity. Thrashy stuff but with progressive parts, Hyper fast songs but technical and groovy and with great hooks and solos. This album really grinds your nervous system. It’s with this little masterpiece that Sepultura really became recognized as a world wide thrash premier metal act.I love beiing beaten up like that all the way through an album. It shows that with a decent producer a bit of money you can really motivate an artist (that as talent to begin with) to outdo themselves. That’s what happened here. For me this album is Reing In Blood but with more subtilities… Grandiose !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
03-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Now we're fuckin talkin!

WHO WHO WHO HAS BEEN FUCKED BY RIFFS!!

rjturtle9
03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Now we're fuckin talkin!

WHO WHO WHO HAS BEEN FUCKED BY RIFFS!!

:lol:

Great album. By far my favorite Sepultura album, and one of my favorite thrash albums of all time too.

Sepultura69
03-22-2011, 03:24 PM
POSITION # : 30

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QNq0NdpCuCQ/Sc2P8sD7ILI/AAAAAAAAEiE/I1N2r8oNtbI/s1600/Sepultura+-+Beneath+The+Remains+(1989).jpg

Track Listing

1. Beneath The Remains
2. Inner Self
3. Stronger Than Hate
4. Mass Hypnosis
5. Sarcastic Existence
6. Slaves Of Pain
7. Lobotomy
8. Hungry
9. Primitive Future

A real thrash orgy here where the intensity doesn’t lower one bit throughout the whole thing. An abusive shred party where the violence is sprayed all over by an angry Max. An headbang fest also. Catchy yet precise. A young bunch of Brezilian angry wolves that were worshiping Slayer and wanted to rule the world. They somehow established themselves with the first 2 albums but this one is where they truly found their identity. Thrashy stuff but with progressive parts, Hyper fast songs but technical and groovy and with great hooks and solos. This album really grinds your nervous system. It’s with this little masterpiece that Sepultura really became recognized as a world wide thrash premier metal act.I love beiing beaten up like that all the way through an album. It shows that with a decent producer a bit of money you can really motivate an artist (that as talent to begin with) to outdo themselves. That’s what happened here. For me this album is Reing In Blood but with more subtilities… Grandiose !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I honestly thought you were going to put Chaos A.D. I'm glad I was wrong. Beneath the Remains is the 2nd BEST Sepultura album, the first being the all mighty ARISE. :rocker:

LONG LIVE SEPULTURA :fist:

PowerMaiden
03-23-2011, 12:54 PM
POSITION # : 29

http://www.filez.st/screenshots/70/5296335070Amon_Amarth_8_albums.jpg

Track Listing

1. Valhall Awaits Me
2. Rune To My Memory
3. Asator
4. Hermod's Ride to Hel - Lokes Treachery Part 1
5. Gods Of War Arise
6. With Oden On Our Side
7. Cry Of The Black Birds
8. Under The Northern Star
9. Prediction Of Warfare

I discovered them in 2005 opening for COB and even though at the beginning I wasn’t that much hooked on them, it didn’t take long before Amon Amarth became one of my favourite band. Once you fully embrace their viking trip and jump into it with them, their music suddenly make sense. I wanna buy myself a drinking horn to drink my beer while listening to AA. That’s how much I am into them now 6 years after.

A pretty much classic heavy metal music with death vovals where they bring you with them on their journey of fights with swords and axes, where the Gods are eighter with or against you. Where honor and pride are your most important allies and Fear is not an option.

This album, my 2 nd favourite of the band is a journey in a life of a viking. Most of it is pure fucking brutality, twin axe attack, pounding druming and vocals screams that only a true viking can deliever. It’s beautifull, catchy, groovy, melancholic and all in between. All the songs on this are masterpiece imho with the exeption of Asator which I find a notch below average. The rest is perfection, amazing album

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-25-2011, 09:03 AM
POSITION # : 28

http://sleevage.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/iron_maiden_1.jpg

Track Listing

1. Prowler
2. Remember To morrow
3. Running Free
4. Phantom Of The Opera
5. Transylvania
6. Strange World
7. Sanctuary
8. Charlotte The Harlot
9. Iron Maiden

A revolutionnary album, the dream of a young bloke who wouldn't listen to anybody but him. Wouldn't compromise for anyone, he would only rely to his guts, his jugdment, his hard work and his immense talent. Steve often said that back in the day, the only thing he wanted to accomplish was doing an album. Well, what a bomb as a first album. Pure genius that was created by this god. A music never heard before that combines fast playing, proggressive twin guitar onslaught, a charismatic singer (for the time Paul was perfect for this). Fussion of punk\metal\proggy music\blues all super well arranged by the creative genius that is Steve Harris to become the first Iron Maiden record. A star is born.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-26-2011, 12:17 PM
POSITION # : 27

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51L51xdTEZL._SS500_.jpg

Track Listing

1. Among The Living
2. Caught In A Mosh
3. I Am The Law
4. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
5. A Skeleton In The Closet
6. Indians
7. One World
8. A.D.I. \ Horror Of It All
9. Imitation Of Life

Another classic thrash metal albums of the 80’s. This one is really in my personnal favourites of the genre. I’ve listen to this (on vinyl,casette and now cd) a whole damn lot. For me this is Anthrax best album and it combines everything that defines them and make me praise them. The most important element is the uncompromising thrash metal butchery that is sprayed all over this record. It’s a fucking fast & catchy shred fest ! It’s so thrashy that when you finish playing this cd, there’s smoke getting out of the cd player. A real fucking threat ! Caught In A Mosh has to be one of the ultimate thrash song ever don’t you think ? anyway, great album and I can’t wait to the Heavy MTL fest in late july to mosh on this beauty !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

x-voltage
03-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Definitely one of the best thrash albums ever. I love when every song on an album is fuckin amazing. Persistence of Time is a close second for my favorite Anthrax albums, but this is definitely first. Great choice.

JRA
03-26-2011, 01:09 PM
POSITION # : 28

http://sleevage.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/iron_maiden_1.jpg

Damn. That was waaaaaaaaay lower than I expected it to be.

jhdeity
03-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Definitely one of the best thrash albums ever. I love when every song on an album is fuckin amazing. Persistence of Time is a close second for my favorite Anthrax albums, but this is definitely first. Great choice.

I agree Among the Living would be in my Top 20. I played the hell out of that cd back in the day and it really stands the test of time. Among the Living is one of the few songs that actually gets better with every listen for me.

PowerMaiden
03-27-2011, 06:13 AM
POSITION # : 26

http://www.ranchoalegretexas.com/images/catalog/854.jpg

Track Listing

1. Kashmir
2. Trampled Under Foot
3. For Your Life
4. No Quarter
5. Dancing Days
6. When The Levee Breaks
7. Achilles Last Stand
8. The Song Remains The Same
9. Ten Years Gone
10. In My Time Of Dying

I got this not long after it came out, Led Zeppelin, mythical band with Black Sabbath and Deep Purple that invented hard rock and help a whole damn lot to invent metal. Zeppelin are maybe a bit softer and bluesy in general then the 2 others but they certainly have some songs that are pretty heavy and groovy to my taste. It apears that a lot of these heavy songs are all on the same cd of the boxed, disc 3 of this Boxed set: http://img.jeymp3.com/images/albums/big/Led_Zeppelin/0000_-_Boxed_Set_(CD_1).jpg

Look at this track listing. GOLD ! There's no ballad on this thing, only groove, heaviness, rhythm, only bombs !! The 3 others cd's are obviously very good too and I listen to them also. But the disc 3 is all I really need to fill my Led Zeppelin needs.

They open the disc with my favourite Zep song Kashmir, a song that once was in my top 10 songs of all times. The riff Mr. Page ! The Riff ! Then Trampled Under Foot where everybody jump on dance floor to try to slam each other, always love that keyboard playing. The superb For Your Life that demonstrate all that Jimmy can do on the 6 strings, talk about picking !! After that commes in play the little keyboard\bass mood of the grandiose No Quarter where when Bonzo's pounding drums embards we immediatly fly to the moon. The groove of the Moon this song, the groove !!! It hits you like a 6 feet waves on the beach. this continuing with Dancing Days, with Bonzo hitting those skins like there's no tomorrow. R.I.P. John Bonham who still to this belong in my top 5 drummers of all times. The magical and gloomy When The Levee Breaks with this harmonica who seem to destroy your nervous system beautifully. The waves just crashes those levee.

Now I change paragraph for the immense Achilles Last Stand. Simply UN-BE-LIE-VA-BLE heavy metal beauty that last 10 minutes and 22 seconds of pure fury where John gives literrally a drumming lesson to all those yound drummers of today that pretends that they know what there doing. A carnage on drum this song. A thin air behind Kashmir for me

It starts back with The Song Remains The Same, classic to the bones Zep cut. The moody Ten Years and In My Time Of Dying, which is like a When The Wild Wind Blow 35 years before it's time

I was big on this cd when I was younger, I don't listen to it as much latelly. But that's not dening anything about Led Zeppelin, Grandiose band and this cd is for me the cream of their art. Respect !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
03-27-2011, 09:14 AM
I never thought No Quarter was that great. Especially with that shamefully thin guitar sound.

PowerMaiden
03-28-2011, 10:43 AM
POSITION # : 25

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000006CCA.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Track Listing

disc 1
1. Welcome To Hell
2. Witching Hour
3. Angel Dust
4. Red Light Fever
5. Black Metal
6. Buried Alive
7. Teacher’s Pet
8. Countess Bathory
9. Don’t Burn The Witch (with At War With Satan - intro)
10. Rip Ride
11. Cry Wolf
12. Women, Leather And Hell
13. Santachrist
14. Possessed
15. Hellchild
16. Mystique
17. Too Loud For The Crowd

Disc2
1. In League With Satan
2. Live Like An Angel, Die Like A Devil
3. Bloodlust
4. In Nomine Satanas
5. Die Hard
6. Acid Queen
7. Burting Out
8. Warhead
9. Lady Lust
10. The 7 Gates Of Hell
11. Manitou
12. Dead Of The Night
13. Dead On Arrival
14. Hounds Of Hell
15. Bitch Witch
16. Sadist
17. Black Metal
18. Snots Shit

For this one I did a little cheating. Instead of having to put the first 3 Venom albums on my list that I've listened to endlessly in my youth but I lost the casettes along the way, I'm going with this best-of which contains the first 3 and much more. A hell of a band that is Venom. They were also very scary when I first discovered them in the 80's. A sort of mix between Motorhead and Black Sabbath with heavilly satanic lyrics wasn't enough to stop me from listening to them though. It was just too good. How I would give my left nut to have a chance to see them live, especially a reunion with Mantas and Abbadon, but since this is never going to hapen just Cronos would do fine. The proud inventors of that dark metal, that black metal ! Lay Down Your Souls To The Gods Rock N Roll !!! Did you know that Venom has never open for anybody. They were only headlining, they never play in support of anybody in their entire career doesn't matter what show big or small. Anyway, I just love those songs...

…and yeah, Black Metal apears 2 times on this best of hehehe...

my favourite: Warhead

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jhdeity
03-28-2011, 01:08 PM
The 1st time I heard Venom was on Metal Shop and they played Buried Alive & Raise the Dead. It's all anyone who was cool talked about that next day. I picked up the Canadian Assault EP with Warhead, In Nomine Satanas, 7 Gates of Hell and several other gems. I found Black Metal a few weeks later at a used record store and I was hooked.

Venom are probably the main reason I'm such a completist today. They released so many EP's and singles and some of the best songs were on those so I tracked them all down eventually. I lost interest in them a few years later but songs like In League with Satan, Warhead & 7 Gates of Hell are still fun to hear today.

Good pick. I've never seen that compilation but they did a decent job of covering everything. Raise the Dead should always follow Buried Alive though.

PowerMaiden
03-30-2011, 11:34 AM
POSITION # : 24

http://www.metalkids.fr/IMG/arton482.jpg

Track Listing

1. Sweet Leaf
2. After Forever
3. Embryo
4. Children Of The Grave
5. Orchild
6. Lord Of This World
7. Solitude
8. Into The Void

I’m not going to repeat everything I’ve said about Black Sabbath before:position no 56 (Paranoid) & 70 (self title) as everybody knows this band was revolutionnary and mainly responsible for every metal riff that are still played today. Why Master Of Reality over the others. Simply because it’s my favourite and the one I’ve listened to the most. Masterpiece !! In ’99 they did me the privilege to play Sweet Leaf, After Forever,Embryo\Children Of The Grave and Into The Void (one of my all time favourite). I saw the original 4 Black Sabbath live that’s something !! Great, great album this one for me.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

idrinkwine732
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
One of the best albums ever.

JRA
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
As stupendously brilliant as Master of Reality is, I'd like it better if it had more than 5 heavy songs on it.

PowerMaiden
03-30-2011, 03:05 PM
As stupendously brilliant as Master of Reality is, I'd like it better if it had more than 5 heavy songs on it.

Agree but that was sort of the norm back then, album length on lp's was what, 20 minutes on each side.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
POSITION # : 23

http://cdn.hmvdigital.ca/static/img/sleeveart/00/005/108/0000510870_500.jpg

Track Listing

1. Warheart
2. Silent Night, Bodom Night
3. Hatebreeder
4. Bed Of Razors
5. Towards Dead End
6. Black Widow
7. Wrath Within
8. Children Of Bodom
9. Downfall

From Now On, We Are Enemies, You and I. The fight starts on these few words for the 2 nd offering of finland’s most prolific metal band. It’s aggressive, fast, melodic, thrashy, technical, and very catchy. After the first listen I was already hook on this album. A new heavy metal was born for me at the time my jaw was on the floor. I discovered them in 2004 at an Iced Earth concert, so I got the first 4 album all at the same time not long after. It’s like I was waiting for a band like this to come in my life. I just love their style. This album is a total carnage like all their records but the melodic side of it is definitely at the forefront of the whole vibe. A total win because it doesn’t affect the fucking heaviness, anger and brutality of it. A masterpiece ! I bow down in front a this beauty…

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-01-2011, 11:39 AM
POSITION # : 22

http://img2.wantitall.co.za/images/ShowImage.aspx?ImageId=Accept-Compilation-Restless-amp-Wild-amp-Balls-to-the-Wall%7C51E753V7WAL.jpg

Track Listing

1. Fast As A Shark
2. Restless And Wild
3. Don’t Go Stealing My Soul Away
4. Love Child
5. Turn Me On
6. London Leatherboys
7. Losers And Winners
8. Princess Of The Dawn
9. Head Over Heels
10. Winterdreams
11. Flash Rockin’ Man
12. Losing More Than You’ve Ever Had
13. Neon Nights
14. Shake Your Heads
15. Balls To The Wall

Accept is one of the first band that I really liked with Maiden, Metallica, Dio and a few others. They were on the top of my list. This best of contains the very best of Accept first 2 albums (on major label) (Restless & Wild) and (Balls To The Wall). I discovered Accept thank to Balls To The Wall, the song that was air played a lot on my local rock radio station when it came out. I immediately knew that this band was for me. The kind of band that makes shivers go down your spine. I have the 2 casettes of these albums here but thanks to this wonderfull best of released in ’86 I can include them both in my list. 2 amazing albums, Classic heavy metal with the twin axe attack in the forefront of everything. Catchy & groovy you can headbang ‘till your head roll of your neck on this. Can’t wait till I see them for the first time on April 17 th even though it’s without Udo.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Agree but that was sort of the norm back then, album length on lp's was what, 20 minutes on each side.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

It's not so much the length of the LP (personally I thought being confined to 20 minutes a side was a good thing), as much as it was the fact that two of the tracks were intros, and the other track was the most boring ballad they'd written up to that point.

El Gordo
04-01-2011, 03:48 PM
It's not so much the length of the LP (personally I thought being confined to 20 minutes a side was a good thing), as much as it was the fact that two of the tracks were intros, and the other track was the most boring ballad they'd written up to that point.

Agreed.

PowerMaiden
04-02-2011, 06:02 AM
POSITION # : 21

http://i52.tinypic.com/20p35s9.jpg

Track Listing

1. Once
2. Even Flow
3. Alive
4. Why Go
5. Black
6. Jeremy
7. Oceans
8. Porch
9. Garden
10. Deep
11. Release

I got this not long after it came out and when I got it I was playing almost non stop for a year. I became aware of that band and that album because of the 3 songs that were constantly playing on radio (Even Flow,Alive and Jeremy). What an intense band and album. And what a singer. I won’t descripe it song by song but every song on this as something special. It’s really a unique and amazing album that got me into the whole grunge trip for a good 5 years. All because of this record.It goes from pure fury to anger to desperation to emotion and all in between. The guitars are scorchy and really great. Eddie Vedder has to be one of the most prolific singer ever, he trully dominates on this thing. He really make you feel his emotions. Amazing album that I had the pleasure to have them play it all back in the summer of ‘93

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-03-2011, 06:21 AM
POSITION # : 20

http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/60077537.jpg

Track Listing
1. Blackened
2. ...And Justice For All
3. Eye Of The Beholder
4. One
5. The Shortest Straw
6. Harvester Of Sorrow
7. The Frayed Ends Of Sanity
8. To Live Is To Die
9. Dyers Eve

I got this the day it came out. I was in college at the time and I remember that everybody was anxious to hear what Metallica would sound like without Cliff. Even though they did the garages days 2 after the Puppets tour which was a good covers album. The real test would be a real studio album of original songs

Needless to say that all of our fears were gone after the first listen.

First 3 songs are epic Metallica proggressive destruction, then One floored everybody with this melancholic post war smooth begining that brings us to pure fucking heavy metal brillance with the climax that is the DARKNESS !!! IMPRISONNING ME !!! … part wow ! with the pyros and strobe in concert that was a beauty.

Shortest & Harvester are dynamite thrown in a gaz chamber, I mean BOOM !!! Frayed End is pretty good to but just a notch below average imho. Doesn't matter cause To Live Is To Die is the masterpiece of this album. It stinks Cliff Burton all over this song. What a tribute they did to him. This song is like a pause to give you time to think of Cliff and pay him respect. It's chilling really. He doesn't play on it (obviously) but all you can think of is him. R.I.P. Cliff. grandiose !! one of my all time favourite Metallica song. They finnish the album with the speedy Dyers Eve just to make a point by saying. We're still Metallica and we are gonna kick your ass for a long time again. Unfortunately that didn't happen but that's another story. Great album.

I saw them in april of '89 touring for this and I must admit that it was really amazing. Probably their best stage set ever if you ask me and they were still on top of their game back then...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-04-2011, 10:50 AM
POSITION # : 19

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/s/system-of-a-down/album-toxicity.jpg

Track Listing

1. Prison Song
2. Needles
3. Deer Dance
4. Jet Pilot
5. X
6. Chop Suey !
7. Bounce
8. Forest
9. Atwa
10. Science
11. Shimmy
12. Toxicity
13. Psycho
14. Aerials

Amazing album that I discovered not long after it came out, my local radio station was playing Chop Suey, then Aerials, then Toxicity a lot. I was so amaze by those songs that I quickly grabbed this cd.

Of course most of you has had the opportunity to hear some one of these offerings somewhere, or in a bar, or on the radio. It does not mean that the music of SOAD is commercial for all means. Yes, riffs are catchy, the chorus too but these are not the only qualities of SOAD or this album.

This album is; informer, violent, melancholic, politically engage (for those for whom lyrics are important), funny, devastating, groovy. We go from a concrete heavy riff to a the small soft guitar in a snap of a finger. To the heavy growl to the hi clean, almost opera high pitch singing. In adition the the vovalist Serj Tankian, the bass player ( Shavo Odadjian) and the guitarist ( Daron Malakian) each come to take the vocals parts when the need to. The rhythm section goes from the quiet hy-hat cymbals very mellow to the big pneumatic drill of the drum & bass. The music changes, is very alive, in movement, very fresh also. Nothing do do with the dullness of Limp Bizcuit or Korn for those who would absolutely like to insert System Of A Down into the NU-METAL category. You can call this anyway you want, to me it’s just fucking good different and intelligent music.

And Toxicity is their Number Of The Beast. This albums is very easy to listen to from start to finish, it has remarkable cohesion. Yes the paterns are the same (concrete hammer pneumatic riffs followed by a catchy chorus of some sort or a soft melody) but how not to headbang and sing along to this beautiful uncomon music.

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

LAXdef16
04-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Great list dude!

PowerMaiden
04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
POSITION # : 18

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000068PGW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Track Listing

1. Darkness Of Christ
2. Disciple
3. God Send Death
4. New Faith
5. Cast Down
6. Threshold
7. Exile
8. Seven Faces
9. Bloodline
10. Deviance
11. War Zone
12. Here Comes The Pain
13. Payback

Apocalyptic album released the day of the collapse of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001. Album mainly about the world religious conflicts that keeps an extreme hatred all the way through. Several observers only praised Reing In Blood and believed fermly that it would never be to surpass.But in my humble opinion, it’s done with this album. Maybe not in terms of speed althought some of these songs are fucking fast and furious. But rather the brutality, the violence and the hatred which it let loose on this album is simply irresistable.For a long time it was my favourite Slayer album (I started to really apreciate an old one more lately that you will see coming soon). God Hates Us All is so aggressive and angry, so raw that you need to go to church to confess your sins after listening to this. Even thought it's easy to find better songs on almost every other Slayer album there is not a bad song on this, and as a whole it's pretty hard to beat imho. Extreme brutality, I love it !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Dextrimental
04-05-2011, 10:54 AM

Track Listing

1. Darkness Of Christ
2. Disciple
3. God Send Death
4. New Faith
5. Cast Down
6. Threshold
7. Exile
8. Seven Faces
9. Bloodline
10. Deviance
11. War Zone
12. Here Comes The Pain
13. Payback

Apocalyptic album released the day of the collapse of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001. Album mainly about the world religious conflicts that keeps an extreme hatred all the way through. Several observers only praised Reing In Blood and believed fermly that it would never be to surpass.But in my humble opinion, it’s done with this album. Maybe not in terms of speed althought some of these songs are fucking fast and furious. But rather the brutality, the violence and the hatred which it let loose on this album is simply irresistable.For a long time it was my favourite Slayer album (I started to really apreciate an old one more lately that you will see coming soon). God Hates Us All is so aggressive and angry, so raw that you need to go to church to confess your sins after listening to this. Even thought it's easy to find better songs on almost every other Slayer album there is not a bad song on this, and as a whole it's pretty hard to beat imho. Extreme brutality, I love it !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

13 tracks of pure anger condensed onto one album, this, in my humble opinion, is one of the finest slices of metal EVER.

jhdeity
04-05-2011, 01:36 PM

Track Listing

1. Darkness Of Christ
2. Disciple
3. God Send Death
4. New Faith
5. Cast Down
6. Threshold
7. Exile
8. Seven Faces
9. Bloodline
10. Deviance
11. War Zone
12. Here Comes The Pain
13. Payback

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I loved this cd when it 1st came out but never seem to listen to it now. I have several compilations that have Disciple and Payback but nothing else. Not sure I ever bought into this as much as Seasons, Reign, Hell Awaits, South of Heaven or Show No Mercy. I'd probably rate it 6th after those off the top of my head but with so many people loving it maybe I need to give it a few more spins and see if I'm missing something.

When it comes to Slayer i'm all about the really fast or really slow. The mid-tempio songs tend to lose me unless they're great riffs like Skeletons of Society type riffs. I'll have to listen again and see if that's why this one never kept my interest like the Top 5 I mentioned.

Sepultura69
04-05-2011, 02:02 PM

Track Listing

1. Darkness Of Christ
2. Disciple
3. God Send Death
4. New Faith
5. Cast Down
6. Threshold
7. Exile
8. Seven Faces
9. Bloodline
10. Deviance
11. War Zone
12. Here Comes The Pain
13. Payback

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Not their best album but it is definitely one of my favorite Slayer albums. The main reason is because of Tom Arayas voice. He has never sounded this brutal and fucking angry in a really long time. In fact, Toms voice is the main reason why I fucking love this album so much. The album would definitely have had a less aggressive and much less Brutal tone had it not been for Arayas Crazy ass voice. "Disciple", "Payback", "Warzone", "Here Comes the Pain" are great examples..

Jochen
04-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I loved God Hates Us All and listened to it constantly the first few months after I got it (Christmas 2005). But then it just didn't do it for me anymore, and I haven't listened to it in years, and now I like most of their albums more than this one.

hellawaits77ny
04-05-2011, 08:41 PM

Track Listing

1. Darkness Of Christ
2. Disciple
3. God Send Death
4. New Faith
5. Cast Down
6. Threshold
7. Exile
8. Seven Faces
9. Bloodline
10. Deviance
11. War Zone
12. Here Comes The Pain
13. Payback

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

So happy to see people here like this album as much as I do. Tom's voice was just incredible. And you're right, this is a truly, truly anger and brutal album. And it isn;t a "forced" anger, which unfortunately is seen way too much. Yes, the album has some filler, IMO, like Warzone, Exile, Seven Faces. But I don't think ANY album (in my opinion), can beat the opening 3 (not counting DOC, since it's the intro), Disciple, God Send Death, and New Faith. I actually listened to this album on my iPod at the gym tonight. Not coincidentaly, I had a pretty good workout :horns:

PowerMaiden
04-06-2011, 03:06 AM
So happy to see people here like this album as much as I do. Tom's voice was just incredible. And you're right, this is a truly, truly anger and brutal album. And it isn;t a "forced" anger, which unfortunately is seen way too much. Yes, the album has some filler, IMO, like Warzone, Exile, Seven Faces. But I don't think ANY album (in my opinion), can beat the opening 3 (not counting DOC, since it's the intro), Disciple, God Send Death, and New Faith. I actually listened to this album on my iPod at the gym tonight. Not coincidentaly, I had a pretty good workout :horns:

to me there's only War Zone that is a lesser good song, the rest is dynamite

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-06-2011, 09:04 AM
POSITION # : 17

http://www.1001nuits.org/images/6/61/MaidenPowerslave.jpg

Track Listing
1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Losfer Words (Big ‘Orra)
4. Flash Of The Blade
5. The Duelists
6. Back In The Village
7. Powerslave
8. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

I discovered Iron Maiden in 1983 so Powerslave is the first album of them that I bought the day of it’s release. It was the perfect continuity of NOTB and POM. The Egyptian theme, the cover art, the music, 8 offerings that are all pure magic. Incredible how often my casette played back then and now it is my cd or the pc. Time has changed but not this album. It’s still fucking rocks big time.I was far from suspecting in 1984 that 26 years later I would still listen to it, that my children would become big fans too and that would see them 30 times along the way. That this band would become more less my first passion in life (although in that case I believe that I knew it , I think that deep down inside I already knew it) So it is Number Of The Beast who has made me discovered them but Piece Of Mind and Powerslave really made them the real deal for me and made me wanna follow them for as long as it would be possible. Because right there, you knew they were very special .Major album

Here's an old review of how it all started for me: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=251

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jhdeity
04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Listened to GHUA start to finish today. I stick by my initial assessment of this being their 6th best album. The 1st 3 songs like HANY77 mentioned are great. After that it's very average to me. Cast Down is borderline cheese and Threshold doesn't grab me either. I kinda like Exile cuz it's fast but every song on RIB is better mainly because of the weak chorus. Payback is a strong finish but there are too many average songs between New Faith and Payback to rate it as high as a lot of people do. Just my 2 cents.

I do remember this tour and how incredible those 1st 3 songs were live. I think the other thing that hurt this cd in my eyes is both Bloodline and Here Comes the Pain were released before the cd so I already had both of them. Bloodline grew on me after 20 listens but hearing that song live really bored me I remember.

Overall a strong offering but I've heard many people say it's Slayers best or one of their best and I just don't see it. Even as much as I like the 1st 3 songs and Payback I'd take every song off Hell Awaits over this cd. The riffs in Hardening of the Arteries, Praise of Death and Kill Again grab me immediately and I'm singing along. I found myself singing along to Bloodline and thinking WTF are these stupid lyrics and why do I know them? hahaha

Onto Powerslave... utter Epicness! I remember buying it the day it came out and the feeling of the cover. It was rigid and formed to the artwork. I listened to that album every day for months and loved every song. As time went on I lost interest in a few tracks but still to this day would love to hear Flash of the Blade live. I saw this tour 3 times and got the same exact set (except 1 encore) all 3 times. Normally I would have been pissed but it was so incredible and such a spectacle that we knew we were seeing history.

To me this was Maiden's pinnacle moment. I saw the Somewhere in Time Tour and it was great but nothing like the Powerslave Tour. Great pick and an album that to this day stands the test of time.

ImmortalEmperor
04-07-2011, 10:21 AM
To me this was Maiden's pinnacle moment. I saw the Somewhere in Time Tour and it was great but nothing like the Powerslave Tour. Great pick and an album that to this day stands the test of time.

Totally agree that this was the pinnacle of Maiden. Just a great album that really stands the test of time. Plus, hundreds of shows later, the Powerslave tour is still in my all time top 5. Legendary stuff. I saw the SIT and SSOASS tours and they just couldn't compare to Powerslave.

JRA
04-07-2011, 10:24 AM
POSITION # : 17

http://www.1001nuits.org/images/6/61/MaidenPowerslave.jpg

Another album I'm shocked isn't in the top 10!

PowerMaiden
04-07-2011, 11:54 AM
POSITION # : 16

http://community2.metalreview.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/7/4760.Metal-Church-_2D00_-Metal-Church.jpg

Track Listing
1. Beyond The Black
2. Metal Church
3. Merciless Onslaught
4. Gods Of Wrath
5. Hitman
6. In The Blood
7. (My Favourite) Nightmare
8. Battalions
9. Highway Star

There are bands which for dark reasons, badlucks, bad timing or whatever never fully achive what they were capable of … This band and this debut album had so much potential it was scary. This album, their first one, would not be shy to go to sit down besides Kill ' Em All, Show No Mercy, Iron Maiden ( the self title) or any first album of any metal bands. In fact it’s better than all these albums according to my classification hehehe. The cover art represents well this album, symply a guitar in a cemetery with smokes all around because this thing is so hot, it’s boiling heavy metal! I would categorise it as classic metal with a slight thrashy side. A singer that screams a-la Udo of Accept, with amazing solos and infernal groove throughout the whole album. I have played it so much on my walkman back in highschool but today I had to listen to it through YouTube because I only have it on cassette. It’s still a fucking masterpiece 26 years after, I am fucking wet from all the headbanging I’ve made listening to this. Tomorrow I’m bringing my casette in the car.

December 3 rd, 1986 Verdun Auditorium Sword \Metal Church and Metallica , fuck yeah !!!

R.I.P. David Wayne

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

bennythedog
04-07-2011, 12:39 PM
but Piece Of Mind and Powerslave really made them the real deal for me and made me wanna follow them for as long as it would be possible. Because right there, you knew they were very special .Major album

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

:blaze: :rocker: :party: :powerslav: :fist: :shred:

PowerMaiden
04-08-2011, 08:44 AM
POSITION # : 15

http://www.vinylsearcher.com/largeImages/12364224.jpg

Track Listing

1. Death In Fire
2. For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
3. Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
4. Vs The World
5. Across The Rainbow Bridge
6. Down The Slopes Of Death
7. Thousand Years Of Oppression
8. Bloodshed
9. …And Soon The World Will Cease To Be

The highlight of our favourite Vikings here where every song transports us in an different adventure from the fabulous world that is the one of the Vikings. Musically it is pure genius. The vibe is aggressive or melancholic or whatever it needs to be when it’s needed. It fucking grabs us by the balls and throw you on the floor. Die in the fire, die by the fire, Death In Fire damnit !!! is there a better way to die for a viking ? . They open with this offering with Johan’s voice red as a forge which just came out of metal in fusion. The musicians who are all dominant on their instruments, transport us where some bastards stab us in the back, the fuckers!!!. Then we dream to enter to Odens palace where silent gods stand guard at the entrance,we want to offer him the skulls of our latest victim wich we dismembered not long ago in some fight which we have just won.. The despair beiing alone against the whole world and not to give up, never give up cause we’ll fight till death like a true viking will do. After that, whether it is to cross the rainbow bridge or to gallop into the slopes of death, we always go with ouir head real high and our pride giving us strenght. Then the moment come to offer the sacrifice where all hope seems to be lost we give ou destiny to Oden…. Us Oh Lord From The Wrath Of The Norsemeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!! Incredible the intensity. Bloodshed where bllod is flowing everywhere and the apocalyptic And Soon The World Will Cease To be ends splendidly this masterpiece of Amon Amarth. They really created an album which Oden would be fucking proud of…

forgive my grammar, and that funny review, it must be worst than usual I wrote this last night while blasting this superb album along with a few brews...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-10-2011, 07:38 AM
POSITION # : 14

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00008GQTH.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Track Listing

1. Needled 24/7
2. Sixpounder
3. Chokehold (Cocked ‘n’ Loaded)
4. Bodom Beach Terror
5. Angels’s Don’t Kill
6. Triple Corpse Hammeblow
7. You’re Better Of Dead
8. Lil’ Blood Red Ridin’ Hood
9. Hate Crew Deathroll

For this 4 th album COB took a slightly less extreme side but it's still fucking catchy, groovy, hostile, haineux, fast, mélodic. An album of awesome intensity with the aggressivity that doesn't stop all the way through. Yes Angels Don't Kill is slow compare to the rest, but when you create one of the most fun headbang live riff ever, there's no problem there. I discovered this album and this band opening for Iced Earth in 2004. They stole the show and stole my metal heart too. Major album in my life

I found an old review of the album I must have made half drunk at the time so here it is:

1. Needled 27/4

Ok, we start off with nothing less than the top 3 best COB song ever, and probably a song that will make it in my top 20 songs of all time. Right at the start we sense the urge ( with the keyboard part) and the ‘’take No Prisoners’ attitude of COB, they want you and they’ll get you.

This song’s is about how much a person can be a wright one someones else shoulders or how a person can bug you big time, and the chorus of:

everyday when the knife in my back starts to twinge n' turn,
My eyes are catching fire and my heart starts to burn.
A foot away from you is like a bit closer to heaven,
Then again it's like being needled 24/7

really gives you the feel of the song, you just want to destroy anything that is in front of you, or anybody who will defy you.

Great guitar and keyboard lines in this one.

10/10

2. Sixpounder

Fucking good riffs, that just really follow well Needled, same fucking angry mood (well is there a COB song that isn’t about getting mad at someone hehehe….)

The guitar job for the first solo is really good to, it get speedy and the riffs stays fucking there man.

And throughout the chorus:

War!
I refuse to be brought down by you
Praise is far away from what you do
Not only are you cranking up my brain
I'm meant to blow you away...666 (...pounder)

You just want to fucking bang your head. Fucking good song

10/10

3. Chokehold (Cocked ‘N’ Loaded

The beginning of this one is fucking mind blowing, it’s speedy but fucking moody too, it’s genius really, what a start !!!

Then it’s stays awesome with the keyboards & guitar solo’s , amazing job there musicaly. I just want to brak something here hehehe. But I’ll try to get a grip. the screams of Alexi are fucking intense too.

Brillant !!

11/10

4. Bodom Teach Terror

We start off with a good beat, then it’s strait to fucking moshing music & chaos. The drum beat is like a jack hammer in this one. And they alternate melodic music & thrashy periods really well. But it’s really the drumbeat in this one that make it for me. Good guitar solo & brige too, then an amazing job again by keyboard player, Janne Warman. If there is a better keyboard player on this earth than him, I have yet to hear him.

10/10

5. Angels Don’t Kill

WOW !!!!

Where do I start…

Fucking amazing rhythm in this one & guitar playing in this one. Really heavy at first, and then it’s gets really slow and beautifuly melodic…

but who can resist an intense heanbang during this song, especialy

here:

No
You're no good!
It feels so cold
Yeah, I'm watching by
I'll die alone!

and fucking here !! :

I hear the first sets walking by
Watching myself slowly die
Sharpening pain leadin' through my heart
Slowly tearing me apart

*headbanging heavily*

then back to a amazing guitar / keyboard duo/solo …but this part is more melodic and smooth (as far as you can can it smooth heheh) then anything COB has ever done.

then, back to that headbang addictive riff.

If there’s a COB song that a non extreme metal fan would love, it has to be this one. It’s original, melodic, emotional, heavy and aggresive. Amazing song again

10/10

6. Triple Corpse Hammerblow

We start with intense mix of Keyboard and drums (good beat) , again, Jaska Raatikainen the drmmer, really delivers in this one. But sometimes it’s hard to describe everyting I feel or hear through a song, in english for a frenchman like me.

Generally really good, this song is , I admit, less good then the first 5.

9/10

7. You’re Better Off Dead

Ok, the first part of this song has notthing really special (good rhythm and playing then a hohohohoho singalong that is really cool, but at 1:47 there is an amazing moshing guitar part that must be really cool in concert. And then the drums, keyboard and bass all arrives for the continuation of the song. The intrumental part is cool too. Great playing by the boys again !!!

The song ends with the hhhhhhohohooooohoh part.

Solid one this one.

9/10

Ok, back to serious businness here. the urge & aggression is back now, right at the start. What a riff and a beat !!!

Another ‘’I Hate You & I want You dead’’ song here, but that’s how COB shines the most !! Musicaly another masterpiece. Mindblowing again !!!

10/10

9. Hate Crew Deathroll

How to end a perfect album, with an amazing song of course…

We start with a little keyboard teaser, than, all hell broke….

Hey!

Don't tell us what you want,
cuz we don't give a fuck about you and your kind.
You! You better take a step back where ever the fuck you came from.
No! You ain't one of us and to be tag along you're too ugly and blunt.
Why?! Is it so hard to get that we don't need you, stupid cunt!

Fucking heavy , thrashy, intense, aggressive, really this song owns big time. And Alexi’s vocal are really back to basic anger. The drum fucking gets you good at times , with the jack hammer again.

But the song is just fucking :drool :

11/10

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jhdeity
04-10-2011, 01:50 PM
POSITION # : 14

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00008GQTH.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Track Listing

1. Needled 24/7
2. Sixpounder
3. Chokehold (Cocked ‘n’ Loaded)
4. Bodom Beach Terror
5. Angels’s Don’t Kill
6. Triple Corpse Hammeblow
7. You’re Better Of Dead
9. Hate Crew Deathroll

For this 4 th album COB took a slightly less extreme side but it's still fucking catchy, groovy, hostile, haineux, fast, mélodic. An album of awesome intensity with the aggressivity that doesn't stop all the way through. Yes Angels Don't Kill is slow compare to the rest, but when you create one of the most fun headbang live riff ever, there's no problem there. I discovered this album and this band opening for Iced Earth in 2004. They stole the show and stole my metal heart too. Major album in my life

I found an old review of the album I must have made half drunk at the time so here it is:

1. Needled 27/4

Ok, we start off with nothing less than the top 3 best COB song ever, and probably a song that will make it in my top 20 songs of all time. Right at the start we sense the urge ( with the keyboard part) and the ‘’take No Prisoners’ attitude of COB, they want you and they’ll get you.

This song’s is about how much a person can be a wright one someones else shoulders or how a person can bug you big time, and the chorus of:

everyday when the knife in my back starts to twinge n' turn,
My eyes are catching fire and my heart starts to burn.
A foot away from you is like a bit closer to heaven,
Then again it's like being needled 24/7

really gives you the feel of the song, you just want to destroy anything that is in front of you, or anybody who will defy you.

Great guitar and keyboard lines in this one.

10/10

2. Sixpounder

Fucking good riffs, that just really follow well Needled, same fucking angry mood (well is there a COB song that isn’t about getting mad at someone hehehe….)

The guitar job for the first solo is really good to, it get speedy and the riffs stays fucking there man.

And throughout the chorus:

War!
I refuse to be brought down by you
Praise is far away from what you do
Not only are you cranking up my brain
I'm meant to blow you away...666 (...pounder)

You just want to fucking bang your head. Fucking good song

10/10

3. Chokehold (Cocked ‘N’ Loaded

The beginning of this one is fucking mind blowing, it’s speedy but fucking moody too, it’s genius really, what a start !!!

Then it’s stays awesome with the keyboards & guitar solo’s , amazing job there musicaly. I just want to brak something here hehehe. But I’ll try to get a grip. the screams of Alexi are fucking intense too.

Brillant !!

11/10

4. Bodom Teach Terror

We start off with a good beat, then it’s strait to fucking moshing music & chaos. The drum beat is like a jack hammer in this one. And they alternate melodic music & thrashy periods really well. But it’s really the drumbeat in this one that make it for me. Good guitar solo & brige too, then an amazing job again by keyboard player, Janne Warman. If there is a better keyboard player on this earth than him, I have yet to hear him.

10/10

5. Angels Don’t Kill

WOW !!!!

Where do I start…

Fucking amazing rhythm in this one & guitar playing in this one. Really heavy at first, and then it’s gets really slow and beautifuly melodic…

but who can resist an intense heanbang during this song, especialy

here:

No
You're no good!
It feels so cold
Yeah, I'm watching by
I'll die alone!

and fucking here !! :

I hear the first sets walking by
Watching myself slowly die
Sharpening pain leadin' through my heart
Slowly tearing me apart

*headbanging heavily*

then back to a amazing guitar / keyboard duo/solo …but this part is more melodic and smooth (as far as you can can it smooth heheh) then anything COB has ever done.

then, back to that headbang addictive riff.

If there’s a COB song that a non extreme metal fan would love, it has to be this one. It’s original, melodic, emotional, heavy and aggresive. Amazing song again

10/10

6. Triple Corpse Hammerblow

We start with intense mix of Keyboard and drums (good beat) , again, Jaska Raatikainen the drmmer, really delivers in this one. But sometimes it’s hard to describe everyting I feel or hear through a song, in english for a frenchman like me.

Generally really good, this song is , I admit, less good then the first 5.

9/10

7. You’re Better Off Dead

Ok, the first part of this song has notthing really special (good rhythm and playing then a hohohohoho singalong that is really cool, but at 1:47 there is an amazing moshing guitar part that must be really cool in concert. And then the drums, keyboard and bass all arrives for the continuation of the song. The intrumental part is cool too. Great playing by the boys again !!!

The song ends with the hhhhhhohohooooohoh part.

Solid one this one.

9/10

Ok, back to serious businness here. the urge & aggression is back now, right at the start. What a riff and a beat !!!

Another ‘’I Hate You & I want You dead’’ song here, but that’s how COB shines the most !! Musicaly another masterpiece. Mindblowing again !!!

10/10

9. Hate Crew Deathroll

How to end a perfect album, with an amazing song of course…

We start with a little keyboard teaser, than, all hell broke….

Hey!

Don't tell us what you want,
cuz we don't give a fuck about you and your kind.
You! You better take a step back where ever the fuck you came from.
No! You ain't one of us and to be tag along you're too ugly and blunt.
Why?! Is it so hard to get that we don't need you, stupid cunt!

Fucking heavy , thrashy, intense, aggressive, really this song owns big time. And Alexi’s vocal are really back to basic anger. The drum fucking gets you good at times , with the jack hammer again.

But the song is just fucking :drool :

11/10

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Cool review. Bodom is one of those bands that never grabbed me then I saw them live and they were so drunk that they sucked balls so I wrote them off. I was supposed to see them again and dude broke his hand so at that point I figured it just wasn't meant to be. I might have to give this cd another listen.

PowerMaiden
04-10-2011, 02:04 PM
yeah I've heard that they sometimes play bad because they hit the stage drunk. that's fucking stupid of them. I saw them 8 or 9 times and they were always on top of their game. amazing live band and this cd is their pinacle studio album if you ask me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-10-2011, 02:59 PM
HCDR is a solid album, but the production is a little too slick and "Hot-topicish" at times. I actually hated it at first because it reminded me of some really bad metal-core band I heard while shopping at the mall.

And I really hope whoever gave Alexi the suggestion of putting his vocals through a distortion filter lost his job soon there after...ugh. :hecho:

treghet
04-10-2011, 03:20 PM
yeah I've heard that they sometimes play bad because they hit the stage drunk. that's fucking stupid of them. I saw them 8 or 9 times and they were always on top of their game. amazing live band and this cd is their pinacle studio album if you ask me

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Yeah, they always drink on stage. I was lucky that the times I've seen them they were amazing, but I've seen videos of them totally fucking up songs. :hecho:

idrinkwine732
04-10-2011, 03:28 PM
They came onto the stage 45 minutes late in SF once because the drummer had to go to the hospital. They've been only okay all three times I've seen them.

masterguy49
04-10-2011, 09:44 PM
DON'T PUSH ME!

jhdeity
04-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Just wanted to thank Powermaiden. I'm off today, it's 85 and beautiful and I woke up with Venom on the brain. It's funny how memory seeds are planted. I have't listened to some if this stuff in years but I remember the words like it was yesterday.

Manitou - In League With Satan - Fuck Off And Die - Warhead

Breakfast of Champions!

PowerMaiden
04-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Just wanted to thank Powermaiden. I'm off today, it's 85 and beautiful and I woke up with Venom on the brain. It's funny how memory seeds are planted. I have't listened to some if this stuff in years but I remember the words like it was yesterday.

Manitou - In League With Satan - Fuck Off And Die - Warhead

Breakfast of Champions!

:metal:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-11-2011, 12:08 PM
POSITION # : 13

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3443/3796196254_1c545d392c.jpg

Track Listing

1. Caught Somewhere In Time
2. Wasted Years
3. Sea Of Madness
4. Heaven Can Wait
5. The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
6. Stranger In A Strange Land
7. Déja-Vu
8. Alexander The Great

I bought this the day it came out. I was 15 years old, already one Maiden concert under my belt so after all the emotions of the Powerslave album and tour and Live After Death that followed that the buzz of the whole Slaevery thing lasted 2-3 years it was time for my heroes to come up with something new. And boy did they delivered. They changed noticably their sound to a more polished with guitar and bass synthesizers to reflect the futuristic mood of the album

The songs are all beyond awesome. It's starts with the semi title track with that amzing intro and then Bang !! all hell breaks loose and it hit s you like a train in the face. Then Adrian open up the next song with a lead guitar riff that would give a hard on to any dead body. It fucking grabs you man with the beautifull lyrics about time that passed. And that singalong chorus. Brillant !!

Sea Of Madness, fucking mindblowing song, like a bomb which explode in your face at the begining. It fucking rip your bones. Too bad they drooped it from the setlist in 87 in north america. I have quite a few good europeen bootleg with this song on it and it slayed ! At least back then we didsn't know the setlist before the concerts so there was no deception about it.

Heaven Can Wait was for a long time my favourite song of the album, maybe up to '92 whenb Brucey left. Then on the X Factour they played it right at the 2 nd spot on the set. WOW ! that was awesome but it's really with Bruce and Adrian'S comeback that it started to grow back again amongst my favourite.In 2008 I was fortunate enough to be able to go onstage in Holmdel to singalong with the boys. That was a dream come true. Right beside Steve with the spotlights in my face in front of 11,000 rabids Maiden fans goiing apeshit on this song. What a memory

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6182/666va.jpg

Loneliness : Are you fucking kiding me !! A fucking amazing fast and furious song about the determination and the life of sacrifice that such an athlete must endure. A fucking slap in the face ! After that it's probably the heaviest song that Maiden have ever created (or is it Brighter ??) anyway a fucking heavy riff that makjes you headbang like a madman on it. I was lucky enought to have this song in 87 but also in '99 on the Ed Hunter tour. They drooped it not long after the Montreal gig where I went too.. …

Déjà-Vu is a fucking fast straight forward rocker that could destroy any wall of bricks. and that twin lead is fucking adictive ! 2 gods on the 6 strings. The album closes on Alexander The Great probably the one song that they never played live that I would love the most to hear. A super travel in time that song , back in history with the best music ever the music of IRON fucking MAIDEN and with best best voice in music ever. A fucking neutron bomb this album

I Love You Somewhere In Time
Up The Irons !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
04-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Heaven Can Wait was for a long time my favourite song of the album, maybe up to '92 whenb Brucey left. Then on the X Factour they played it right at the 2 nd spot on the set. WOW ! that was awesome but it's really with Bruce and Adrian'S comeback that it started to grow back again amongst my favourite.In 2008 I was fortunate enough to be able to go onstage in Holmdel to singalong with the boys. That was a dream come true. Right beside Steve with the spotlights in my face in front of 11,000 rabids Maiden fans goiing apeshit on this song. What a memory

no one could top this ever.

rjturtle9
04-11-2011, 03:03 PM
POSITION # : 13

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3443/3796196254_1c545d392c.jpg

Best Maiden Album Ever! Best Album Artwork Ever!

This album is amazing on another layer of amazing. Wish I could go somewhere back in time to see that tour!

:light:

JRA
04-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Shit, that's two Maiden albums I thought were a lock for the top 10.

This thread is beginning to scare me. :eyes:

Sanitarium78
04-12-2011, 06:32 AM

Moments like that are the reason HCW should still be in every Maiden set:rocker:

Awesome album!! Right behind SSOASS and POM on my favorite Maiden album list. It's almost a three way tie.

PowerMaiden
04-12-2011, 12:07 PM
POSITION # : 12

http://www.crucialattack.nl/graphics/covers/Slayer_-_Hell_Awaits-LP.jpg

Track Listing
1. Hell Awaits
2. Kill Again
3. At Dawn They Sleep
4. Praise Of Death
5. Necrophiliac
6. Crypts Of Eternity
7. Hardening Of The Arteries

I got this album in full only about 10-12 years ago. Like I said before I was too affraid of Slayer for getting all their stuff. I knew the title track and Necrophiliac already but that's bout it. But when I decided to go see them in 2001 and I got a hand on God Hates Us All. I decided that I needed all their stuff.

Well this album although fucking good right from the get go wasn't my best of them for a long time. In fact it's my favourite Slayer studio album only since the last few years. I cannot stop playing it and it always grow on me to this day. The evil vibe that is present on this album is just fucking addictive. Also this is Slayer's most progressive record, the songs are all longer than on other albums and they fucking kill! The 7 of them.

It's starts with my all time favourite Slayer song the title track with this intro that is just pure fiucking build up of evilness, like going for a visit at Satan !!But when things get unleashed, watch out !! a pure fucking brutal\fast\chaotic beauty that damage a lot of bodys... superb !!!

If there are still people alive after that brillant opening song, well...Kill Again damnit !! This one fights dirty, attack from the back, finger in the eyes, foot in the nuts, she doesn't care. She hits you to hurt !!

Speaking of an evil vibe, well there is no vibe more evil than fucking At Dawn They Sleep. Like a chirugical surgeon who goes for the jugular, there's no fucking place to hide. What a beautifull long and full of time changes song, and the twin lead which alternate with thisaddictive rhythm. and when our angry Tom starts to scream KILL !! KILL !! KILL !!! mindblowing. In my top 20 Slayer songs ever. Praise Of Death is a speedy gonzalez fast one which gives an idea of what Reing In Blood,will sound like. Fucking brutal song. I love it.

Then, Necrophiliac is a masterpiece in the sense of how to deliver lyrics that are awefull. What a mentally retarded nuts would be exited from. I personnaly thinks it's a masterpiece. Musically it is another fucking triple A song, amazing !!

Crypts Of Eternity is another amazing very progressive offering, which hits you, left, right, down and up and then right on the middle of the face Tom will even go as far as zipping his dick throught his zipper with this scream AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA . The scream of death !! It bleeds !!! hahaha !!!

Hardening is a very good song which contains all the amazing elements that makes Hell Awaits such a classic album that is so important in my life

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Moments like that are the reason HCW should still be in every Maiden set:rocker:

Not if it means every other song from the album is ignored for the rest of their career.

Also, Hell Awaits, fuck yeah!

hellawaits77ny
04-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Great call on Hell Awaits!! I think it's obvious it's one of my favorites as well, LOL.

I like that you mentioned the pure evilness of the album. This was one of the first Slayer albums I bought, and that is the first thing that really hit me. The title track is ties w/ Chemical Warfare for my all-time fave Slayer tune, and At Dawn They Sleep is close behind.

Kill Again + Necrophiliac are also in my top 15ish.

jhdeity
04-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Hell Awaits - Another masterful choice. Would be in my Top 10, maybe Top 5.

PowerMaiden
04-15-2011, 10:11 AM
POSITION # : 11

http://www.silver-wire.org/temp/covers/animals.jpg

Track Listing

1. Pigs On The Wing (pt. 1)
2. Dogs
3. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
4. Sheep
5. Pigs On The Wing (pt.2)

I don’t listen to Pink Floyd as much as I listen to my favourites heavy metal bands because you need to be in a certain mood to blast some Floyd and that kind of mellow mood isn’t as strong in me than the aggressive mood of a great metal album. That beiing said, it doen't mean that this band isn't important for me. Hell no, Pink Floyd is my 2 nd favourite band and when I fell like flying high, there’s nothing like a Pink Floyd album. And this one is a fucking masterpiece with songs all well over 10 minutes including the amazing Dogs which I had the pleasure to have live from Roger Waters in 1999, desperate music done by an acoustic guitar that song alone is almost worth the album place so low in my ranking. Also the amazing and not far from metal Sheep which he did in 2006-07 (I saw him 2 times performing the entirety of Dark Side and he was doing it). A fucking dark and intense piece of work with that crazy keyboard sound… ahhhh amazing… This album is pure genius all the way through, you can almost feel all the emotions that a heavy metal band can give you but here it’s done mainly only with accoustic guitars. A masterpiece !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DisposableJustice
04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Great pick for Hell Awaits; I think it is Slayers Ride the Lightning in that the music made leaps and bounds compared to the last (i.e. RTL over KEA and in this case, Hell over SNM/HTC

I wish there was a law that Hell Awaits the track is mandatory at every Slayer show; it is almost like their national athem, hence our national athem....

I look forward to your top ten, keep it up:rocker:

LAXdef16
04-15-2011, 07:46 PM
I look forward to your top ten, keep it up:rocker:

This

PowerMaiden
04-16-2011, 11:36 AM
POSITION # : 10

http://media.voir.ca/pictures/31/31229_2.jpg

Track Listing
1. Different World
2. These Colours Don’t Run
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. The Pilgrim
5. The Longest Day
6. Out Of The Shadows
7. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
8. For The Greater Good Of God
9. Lord Of Light
10. The Legacy

For this 3 rd album after the reunion Maiden decided to really challenge themselves with a really long and progressive record that even to their standards was pusing things to the extreme limits. Of course it's the same patern that they do since The X Factor which is more or less 10 songs, most of them starts with a smooth intro, then between 6 and 10 minutes of gallops with amazing musical parts, the 3 amigos are scorchy like a knife twisting your spine and fucking heavy too. Steve and Nicko are still the backbone of the band with that amazing rhythm groove that they keep all the way through. And Bruce is pushing his voice to the extreme limit (sometimes even beyond that) and then you finish the song with a smooth intro.

The war theme is present of quite a few songs and the artwork in that sense really represent well the mood of the album. Since the vibe of the time was for bands to play some of their classics old albums live in their entirety Maiden decided to play their new one instead. From start to finish ! Fuck the haters ! We Are Iron Fucking Maiden and we don't give a shit ! Full Balls on !!! I saw that show 3 times, I made the 7 hours drive (plus 2 hours stuck at the border) to Camden, New Jersey where the tank didn't came out at the end due tu technical problems, I was 5 th row in front and man did I had a great time. In Québec city was the magical night where we where all at the after show party with the band at the hotel bar. And then Montreal where my son saw them for the very first time (he was 9 at the time). This album played so much since they released it it's not even funny.

To me only Out Of The Shadows is a lesser good song (never been a fan of Maiden attemps for ballads) the rest is fucking amazing. Especially the 6 perfect songs on this to me which are, These Colours, Brighter, Pilgrim, Longest Day, Benjamin and Greater Good Of God.

Major album for me that stands easily with Maiden's most prolific albums

Up The Fucking Irons !!
Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Really? This album changed your life than the damn album from the tour that was the greatest concert you've ever seen? Fail.

mankvill
04-16-2011, 02:37 PM
10. The Legacy

I remember when you did the virtual Iron Maiden setlist and trolled us all by making this the last song. :lol:

OraclesofAgony
04-16-2011, 04:06 PM
I've never really been able to get into A Matter of Life and Death. That and Dance of Death have never really done much for me. Brave New World is one of my favorites of theirs though.

PowerMaiden
04-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Really? This album changed your life than the damn album from the tour that was the greatest concert you've ever seen? Fail.

the album that represents the greatest concert I've ever seen is Live After Death to me...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-16-2011, 06:33 PM
I remember when you did the virtual Iron Maiden setlist and trolled us all by making this the last song. :lol:

we're due for Maiden virtual show soon, maybe with Amon Amarth or Slayer opening !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

IrritatedTrout
04-18-2011, 07:32 PM
POSITION # : 10

http://media.voir.ca/pictures/31/31229_2.jpg

Track Listing
1. Different World
2. These Colours Don’t Run
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. The Pilgrim
5. The Longest Day
6. Out Of The Shadows
7. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
8. For The Greater Good Of God
9. Lord Of Light
10. The Legacy

For this 3 rd album after the reunion Maiden decided to really challenge themselves with a really long and progressive record that even to their standards was pusing things to the extreme limits. Of course it's the same patern that they do since The X Factor which is more or less 10 songs, most of them starts with a smooth intro, then between 6 and 10 minutes of gallops with amazing musical parts, the 3 amigos are scorchy like a knife twisting your spine and fucking heavy too. Steve and Nicko are still the backbone of the band with that amazing rhythm groove that they keep all the way through. And Bruce is pushing his voice to the extreme limit (sometimes even beyond that) and then you finish the song with a smooth intro.

The war theme is present of quite a few songs and the artwork in that sense really represent well the mood of the album. Since the vibe of the time was for bands to play some of their classics old albums live in their entirety Maiden decided to play their new one instead. From start to finish ! Fuck the haters ! We Are Iron Fucking Maiden and we don't give a shit ! Full Balls on !!! I saw that show 3 times, I made the 7 hours drive (plus 2 hours stuck at the border) to Camden, New Jersey where the tank didn't came out at the end due tu technical problems, I was 5 th row in front and man did I had a great time. In Québec city was the magical night where we where all at the after show party with the band at the hotel bar. And then Montreal where my son saw them for the very first time (he was 9 at the time). This album played so much since they released it it's not even funny.

To me only Out Of The Shadows is a lesser good song (never been a fan of Maiden attemps for ballads) the rest is fucking amazing. Especially the 6 perfect songs on this to me which are, These Colours, Brighter, Pilgrim, Longest Day, Benjamin and Greater Good Of God.

Major album for me that stands easily with Maiden's most prolific albums

Up The Fucking Irons !!
Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Awesome, my favorite album of all time. I was at the Camden show too. Great show, bummer about the tank though.

PowerMaiden
04-19-2011, 01:59 PM
POSITION # : 9

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/images/covers/iron-maiden-brave-new-world.jpg

Track Listing

1. The Wicker Man
2. Ghost Of The Navigator
3. Brave New World
4. Blood Brothers
5. The Mercenary
6. Dream Of Mirrors
7. The Fallen Angel
8. The Nomad
9. Out Of The Silent Planet
10. The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

Le biggest comeback ever, the one all metal fans were craving about. I wanted this comeback as soon as I heard Blaze live for the first time. The big news is out at the begining of 1999. And as if this wasn't cool enough they decided to give Adrian his place back in the band too. The place he should have never left. I was in heaven. The Ed Hunter tour was fucking amazing but the coolest thing was that Bruce was saying every night that this is not a comeback for nostalgia. The main goal of the whole operation would be the next Iron Maiden studio album. He said in an interview here in musique plus in Montreal that the next studio album will be as good as the first couple of albums he did when he first join the band.I thought he was pushing it a bit but I wasn't aware of what was awaiting me with the album...

Well, Bruce was right ! Damn was he right ! When I first played this album my jaw dropped on the floor as I was fucking amaze by what I was hearing. I remember at first my favourite song on it was The Nomad with this beautifull and heavy middle part. It lasted a good month or so then it was the title track, then Wickerman, then Blood Brothers, then Dream Of Mirrors. I mean the pole position changed so often because the album was so stellar and each fucking track was so awesome. They really exeeded all my expectation with this one. For the past 5-6 years it's now my favourite song on it isGhost Of The Navigator. But your choice is just as good as mine

This album is really the comeback of Maiden in the eighties maybe even better (of course with an up to date production and probably a bit more progressive) but Bruce's voice is great and Nicko's drumming on that one is pure magic. Man does he delivers ! The 3 amigos on the 6 strings are all really great and exchanges solos perfectly. This album has all the ingredients that made Maiden the Icon they are (twin lead attack , now it's triple axe attack) songs are a mix of fast\violent tempo, some more mid tempo or moody, emotions, the instrumental parts on them are really amazing, solos scratch your flesh perfectly. It's also catchy, groovy, thunderess, there's your Maiden galop here and there. Nothing's missing. It's perfect ! Beautifull !! A major offering by the best band in the world that not only was great for them but was also great for bringing heavy metal to it's rightfull place ! I never stop listening to these songs since the album is out, 11 years after it's still stands out to me as Maiden 4 th best studio offering ever.

Up The Fucking Irons !! Again !
Cheers !
PowerMaiden

IrritatedTrout
04-19-2011, 03:07 PM
BNW might be my least favorite reunion era album but I still love it. It was the first physical CD I ever got.

Sepultura69
04-20-2011, 10:04 AM
8 MORE LEFT, W00T W00T :party:

jhdeity
04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
8 MORE LEFT, W00T W00T :party:

Top 8! The thread has been so entertaining over the past 4-5 months I almost don't want it to end. I spent the 1st year on this site without even venturing into the Forums. Now between the 2011 thread and this one I skip right over the setlists and come here.

Funny I listened to Powerslave today and it brought back so many memories and sounds so great even to this day. As much as I respect the last 2 entries, Powerslave is worlds better than both of those albums to me.

I'm sure a huge Maiden fan was jonesin' for these albums and I can understand why so many people love them, I just put the early material so far over these. Mainly because of the lyrics but it's more than that.

Maiden changed after Powerslave. This was their Hemispheres basically. They did what they wanted to do and didn't care about anything. As much as people love SIT, it was written with the purpose of getting songs on the radio and making videos. Dickinsons song lyrics were denied by the record label and they used Adrian Smith's to be more commercial leading to major problems withing the band. They introduced synth guitars into the music and basically were negatively influenced by the times like Priest on Turbo. Some people stayed loyal but everyone I know jumped ship.

This thread reminded me why I transitioned into Slayer/Metallica then Sadus/Dark Angel when I did. Thanks for the History lesson Bro!

Sepultura69
04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Top 8! The thread has been so entertaining over the past 4-5 months I almost don't want it to end. I spent the 1st year on this site without even venturing into the Forums. Now between the 2011 thread and this one I skip right over the setlists and come here.

This

PowerMaiden
04-20-2011, 06:07 PM
thanks guys, listening to number 8 right now, review tomorrow

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
As much as people love SIT, it was written with the purpose of getting songs on the radio and making videos.

Which is why there were 4 songs over 6 and a half minutes long, because in 1986, American radio was all about the epic. :tp:

jhdeity
04-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Which is why there were 4 songs over 6 and a half minutes long, because in 1986, American radio was all about the epic. :tp:

Heaven Can Wait is a real epic and isn't radio friendly at all. Buahahahaha

IrritatedTrout
04-21-2011, 05:56 AM
As much as people love SIT, it was written with the purpose of getting songs on the radio and making videos. Dickinsons song lyrics were denied by the record label and they used Adrian Smith's to be more commercial leading to major problems withing the band.

Heaven Can Wait is a real epic and isn't radio friendly at all. Buahahahaha

Yeah, that's not even an Adrian song. Buahahahaha

PowerMaiden
04-21-2011, 06:38 AM
POSITION # : 8

http://files.nutkids.webnode.com/200000190-c257cc351a/Iron_Maiden_-_Seventh_Son_Of_A_Seventh_Son.jpg

Track Listing
1. Moonchild
2. Infinite Dreams
3. Can I Play With Madness
4. The Evil That Men Do
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. The Prophecy
7. The Clairvoyant
8. Only The Good Die Young

I got this the day it came out, just after purchasing my ticket for the show. Since Maiden opened up their 7 Th tour Of A seventh tour here in eastern Canada both the album and the tickets were out on the same day. If I remember correctly we were the 2 nd or 3 rd show of the tour.

How to describe what's bigger than big here... This album was never surpassed as beiing Maiden's 3 rd best album to me. This has never changed since it's out. All the songs exept for one are beyond great 10 out of 10 and more, but it's more than that. The density and the deepness of this album is what gives me chills. And with time this has never dropped one bit for me

Moonchild , were we freaking out in 2008 when they decided to surprise us by bringing this amazing track in the setlist ! Back in the 80's Maiden never failled to open their album with a bombastic song. We can't say that from the Maiden 2000 era but back then, you had to fasten your seatbelts properly before starting a Maiden album..

Then Infinite Dreams, Infinite Dreams for christ sake ! mindblowing song with this beautifull smooth intro and then the inferno heats up where Bruce is on top of his game and delivers his best vocal performance to this point in his career with the following:

Someone chasing I cannot move
Standing rigid a nightmare's statue
What a dream when will it end
And will it transcend?

Restless sleep the minds in turmoil
One nightmare ends another fertile
It's getting to me so scared to sleep
But scared to wake now, in too deep.

Even though it's reached new heights
I'd rather like the restless nights
It makes me wonder it makes me think
There's more to this I'm on the brink
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
I have an interest almost craving
But would I like to get too far in?

Can't all be coincidence
Too many things are evident
You tell me you're an unbeliever
Spiritualists? Well me I'm neither
Wouldn't you like to know
The truth?
Oh what's out there to have the proof
And find out just which side
You're on
Where would you end in Heaven or
In Heeeeeeell?

Does he dominates it or what !! A butchery literaly and the rest of the song is a massacre ! Amazing !! I simply cannot understand how come this beauty wasn't able to make it's way back into the setlist since the album tour in 88. May 17 th 1988 was the date for me with the amazing 7 th Son stage with the big crystal ball in the middle of the floor. A great setlist, I was in heaven that night...God Bless Iron Maiden !

ok Can I Play With Madness I wasn't a fan of it and with the exception of that time where we waited first in line to go on stage in Holmdel for HCW where we were so hyped that we actually found it great it just to commercial for me. I don't like it.

but it's not long before The Evil That Men starts back the insanity! Fast and furious, super great song where the boys sound scorchy and hungry, they really are on fire on this one and Bruce screams like theres no tomorrow on it. incredible vibe.

BANG BANG BANG !!!! TARRATTTTTAAAA !!! mindblowing intro to this absolutely mindblowing 10 minutes hauting title track OOOOOOOhhhhh OOOOOOOOHhhhhh misterious vibe that works just perfectly with the smooth middle part that really gives chills and goosebumbs. Magic Maiden, only them have that hability to make me completely go nuts and lose it to their music, this song is a good example of that, a masterpiece

The Prophecy is probably overlooked or underated but it's okay I'm going to keep it for myself, I love that song and The Fucking Clairvoyant is nothing less than my 3 rd all time favourite Maiden song, it's just too perfect. Often throughout the years it was the song where Eddie came out also which works perfectly in the instrumental part of the song. I only see qualities to that song ! I absolutely adore it... and Only The Good Die Young is another bomb that was completely ignore in their live set, that's just to bad, I'm sure it would kills live ! A fucking craking song ! Wow !

An album that is absolutely immense for me that will never be surpassed by any other Maiden album exept by those who already are better than it. It's just stamped 100% Maiden classic all over. I listened to it so much, worshiping it literally that it easilyi deserves it's 8 th place on my list

Up The Fucking Irons !! Fucking Again !!
Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jhdeity
04-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Yeah, that's not even an Adrian song.

Did I say it was? Did I not say they denied Bruce's lyrics? Did I mention any of the Harris songs when I made that statement? Can you read?

Short Bus - Helmet - Chin Strap!

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love how people make valid points and some idiot tries to pick it apart buy using 1 sentence in a paragraph AND CAN'T EVEN GET THAT RIGHT!

Back to the awesome thread...

I can see why a diehard Maiden fan would love this cd also. I liked it better than SIT when I 1st heard it then lost interest shortly thereafter. To each his own. I buried Maiden and Priest after Powerslave and Defenders and not until Painkiller did I get back into both for a few years. A solid offering, I just prefer the heaviness of Powerslave. And yes having Can I play with Madness? jammed down my throat every single episode of Headbangers Ball didn't endear me to that song in any way. Total radio/MTV at the time fodder.

Bring on the the Top 7!

JRA
04-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Did I say it was? Did I not say they denied Bruce's lyrics?

Because nobody believes that for a second. Especially when you consider Bruce wanted to write a bunch of acoustic songs which would have been more radio friendly than say, Stranger In A Strange Land. Maiden has always been the type of band where if a record company tells them to do something the band tells them to go fuck itself.

jhdeity
04-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Because nobody believes that for a second. Especially when you consider Bruce wanted to write a bunch of acoustic songs which would have been more radio friendly than say, Stranger In A Strange Land. Maiden has always been the type of band where if a record company tells them to do something the band tells them to go fuck itself.

It's common knowledge Broski. I'm sure you can wikipedia that shit and educate yourself.

JRA
04-21-2011, 12:18 PM
His songs were rejected, not his lyrics. Again, Bruce's acoustic songs would be more in favor of your argument, as opposed to against it.

mankvill
04-21-2011, 01:33 PM
buahahahahaha!

jhdeity
04-21-2011, 01:55 PM
His songs were rejected, not his lyrics. Again, Bruce's acoustic songs would be more in favor of your argument, as opposed to against it.

You can split hairs and say song/lyrics whatever. The bottom line is Bruce had darker songs/lyrics and the record company wanted them to follow the commercial path of Priest and the futuristic theme ala Rage for Order.

That is a fact. They were influenced by the record company and it drove a wedge into the band. They clearly went a more commercial direction with synth guitars and that was also influenced by the record company. What's the point of speaking up and trying to analyze something just to be a douche?

If I'm wrong about something, That's cool. If I'm right but there is an asterisk or you have a different spin on something you can state that fact without the rolling eyes geighness.

JRA
04-21-2011, 02:19 PM
You can split hairs and say song/lyrics whatever. The bottom line is Bruce had darker songs/lyrics and the record company wanted them to follow the commercial path of Priest and the futuristic theme ala Rage for Order.

That is a fact. They were influenced by the record company and it drove a wedge into the band. They clearly went a more commercial direction with synth guitars and that was also influenced by the record company. What's the point of speaking up and trying to analyze something just to be a douche?

If I'm wrong about something, That's cool. If I'm right but there is an asterisk or you have a different spin on something you can state that fact without the rolling eyes geighness.

No they were not darker songs! Acoustic songs are never ever dark in metal, period. And if the record company wanted them to follow a more commercial path all the songs would have been about fucking.

Shit like this is why people think you are an idiot. You try to pass off your own cacameme theories as fact.

jhdeity
04-21-2011, 02:29 PM
No they were not darker songs! Acoustic songs are never ever dark in metal, period. And if the record company wanted them to follow a more commercial path all the songs would have been about fucking.

You Mad Bro? Yeah you're right. SIT is way heavier than Powerslave. All the songs on SIT are epics and none became bland videos that were overplayed. Everything Adrian writes is heavier and less commercial than 2 Minutes to Midnight & Powerslave. I don't know what I was thinking....

Dextrimental
04-21-2011, 02:30 PM
JRA and jhdeity, quit the asinine argument that is only ruining the thread for everyone else.

masterguy49
04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Is the top 10 going to be all Iron Maiden? :lol:
Not that there is a problem with that though :D
I would love to eventually make this list though. Even though the most life-changing album for me comes from a band I don't like at all anymore. :hecho:

JRA
04-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah you're right. SIT is way heavier than Powerslave. All the songs on SIT are epics and none became bland videos that were overplayed. Everything Adrian writes is heavier and less commercial than 2 Minutes to Midnight & Powerslave. I don't know what I was thinking....

I never said any of that shit. I never said all of the songs were epics (Wasted Years, SIASL and Deja Vu clearly aren't), and I never said Somewhere In Time was heavier than Powerslave. I never implied Somewhere In Time was "heavy" to begin with. Personally I don't think Maiden has been "heavy" since Killers (and arguably Number of the Beast), and they probably never will be again.

You said Dickinson's lyrics were denied (and yes there is a massive difference between song ideas and lyrics) in favor of more commercial lyrics. This cannot be proven. I claim that Dickinson wanted to make the whole album acoustic, but the band didn't want that because it was a terrible idea, this is backed up by Mick Wall's writing that came in the remastered liner notes. Not to mention the fact that record executives would, if anything, push for an acoustic album aggressively. After all the power ballad was in full swing in this point and they would want Maiden to hop on that trend to milk that cash cow.

Waster Years was modestly commercial sounding, music and lyrics. I will grant you that. I'll also grant you that Stranger In a Strange Land was an average live music video (though I never said it wasn't). But Stranger in a Strange Land is the usual stock in trade novel lyrics. Yea, that's totally what a bigwig ponytail-wearing record executive thinks will win a #1 hit single.

PowerMaiden I'm sorry we had to ruin your thread like this, but I'm sure you understand that when retards try and criticize Maiden without any basis in fact, a bitch needs to be slapped.

mankvill
04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Buahahaha! JRA quit being geigh! TARD HELMET! You mad? BUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

PowerMaiden
04-22-2011, 06:02 AM
POSITION # : 7

http://www.1001nuits.org/images/e/eb/MetallicaMaster.jpg

Track Listing
1. Battery
2. Master Of Puppets
3. The Thing That Should Not Be
4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
5. Disposable Heroes
6. Lepper Messiah
7. Orion
8. Damage Inc.

Back when that album first came out, Metallica was still borderline an undergroud metal act. Sure they were reckon as a premier new young heavy metal band among the metal community, but they weren’t yet the big stars that they would latter become. That had a certain appeal, they were so pure… After that album we knew that they could not miss it. They had it all…

A fucking solid 3 rd offering with Master Of Puppets, they polished their sound a bit but not to much it’s still extremely brutal and fast, and just as classic as Maiden but with a little indescritible edge that I felt back then. Probably a bit more aggressive than Maiden that’s what I felt back then, they latter named that music Thrash Metal apparantly. There is not a single band that came that close of touching the mighty Maiden than Metallica in 85-86. They were gods too imho. This album and it’s place in my ranking really reflect the importance they once had in my life. It really changed my life a lot. I was so in love with them back then…Things have change quite a lot since the black album for me concerning Metallica but that is another story…

Only god knows what they would have become if our friend Cliff was still there…

R.I.P. Cliff !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sepultura69
04-22-2011, 09:36 AM

Track Listing
1. Battery
2. Master Of Puppets
5. Disposable Heroes
6. Lepper Messiah
7. Orion
8. Damage Inc.

Back when that album first came out, Metallica was still borderline an undergroud metal act. Sure they were reckon as a premier new young heavy metal band among the metal community, but they weren’t yet the big stars that they would latter become. That had a certain appeal, they were so pure… After that album we knew that they could not miss it. They had it all…

A fucking solid 3 rd offering with Master Of Puppets, they polished their sound a bit but not to much it’s still extremely brutal and fast, and just as classic as Maiden but with a little indescritible edge that I felt back then. Probably a bit more aggressive than Maiden that’s what I felt back then, they latter named that music Thrash Metal apparantly. There is not a single band that came that close of touching the mighty Maiden than Metallica in 85-86. They were gods too imho. This album and it’s place in my ranking really reflect the importance they once had in my life. It really changed my life a lot. I was so in love with them back then…Things have change quite a lot since the black album for me concerning Metallica but that is another story…

R.I.P. Cliff !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Nice.

I didn't see this coming at all. Master of Puppets is a classic indeed. Damage Inc, Disposable Heroes, and Welcome Home sanatarium are some of the greatest material they have ever written.

BLOOD WILL FOLLOW BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
DYING TIME IS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE
DAMAGE INCORPORATED
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

bennythedog
04-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Enjoying the list as much as ever. I was wondering if it would be worth having a running list in the first post so one would not have to go through all 35 pages to know what all the albums are.

just a thought! looking forward to the top 6!

John

x-voltage
04-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Best album on the list so far.

PowerMaiden
04-22-2011, 12:05 PM
I will do a recap after the posting of my 6 th album, you guys can then try to guess my top 5 :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DisposableJustice
04-22-2011, 12:09 PM

Track Listing
1. Battery
2. Master Of Puppets
5. Disposable Heroes
6. Lepper Messiah
7. Orion
8. Damage Inc.

R.I.P. Cliff !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

An awesome album indeed, powerful from start to finish

I think you posting this today is a great omen; it is MOP's 25th birthday and with the Big 4 tomorrow I am trying to collect enough mojo to have them play the entire album tomorrow *fingers crossed*:party:

JRA
04-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Only god knows what they would have become if our friend Cliff was still there…=

I read an interview with Kirk once and he said that if Cliff was still in the band they would have made Load a lot quicker. I believe that more than anything else, especially when you consider all the slow, hippie stuff he was injecting into the band. It's not like ever single super brutal song was solely credited to Cliff. Hell he probably came up with all the ideas that even the Kill em All fans were yelling "sell out!" for.

PowerMaiden
04-22-2011, 03:08 PM
I read an interview with Kirk once and he said that if Cliff was still in the band they would have made Load a lot quicker. I believe that more than anything else, especially when you consider all the slow, hippie stuff he was injecting into the band. It's not like ever single super brutal song was solely credited to Cliff. Hell he probably came up with all the ideas that even the Kill em All fans were yelling "sell out!" for.

yeah well with all my respect to Kirk as he obviously knows him way better than me, I still don't think they would have sell out like they did

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

hellawaits77ny
04-22-2011, 07:51 PM
My favorite album of all time.

El Gordo
04-23-2011, 05:17 AM

I agree with this, although if Cliff was around, Load probably would have been a lot better. He was easily the best songwriter to play in Metallica and probably the best musician too. Dave Mustaine might want a word with me though.

PowerMaiden
04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
POSITION # : 6

http://www.skulking.fr/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Decade-cover.jpg

Track Listing
disc 1
1. Hell Awaits
2. The Antichrist
3. War Ensemble
4. South Of Heaven
5. Raining Blood
6. Altar Of Sacrifice
7. Jesus Saves
8. Dead Skin Mask
9. Seasons In The Abyss
10. Mandatory Suicide
11. Angel Of Death

Disc 2
1. Hallowed Point
2. Blood Red
3. Die By The Sword
4. Black Magic
5. Captor Of Sin
6. Born Of Fire
7. Postmortem
8. Spirit In Black
9. Expendable Youth
10. Chemical Warfare

I really started to fully be a Slayer fan with this album I think. There was no need to deny it anymore, these guys were huge… are Huge !! this album, is the most brutal band ever in concert…point blank… and in the prime of their carreer , with a amazing sound that really reflect was is Slayer live. The crowd sound amazing and the boys are on fire. The pace on this thing is unbelievable. Fucking Slayeeeeeer !!! after the opening one\two punch of Hell Awaits \ The Antichrist, Tom ask the crowd to take care of each other, meaning that the pit must be fucking hurtfull to be in... and then he smiles and goes in his infamous scream…. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Ensembleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. All hell break loose. This album sound so evil, satans sons are playing a best of set but with a big emphasis on their latest studio album of the time : Seasons In The Abyss. That’s why Seasons is not even on my list, I almost never listened to it as I always played this instead it’s got all the songs from it except Skeleton Of Society and Temptations. It’s amazing how much I still love this album to death and how much it was important for me, I don’t know , I think it’s the aggressivity and the anger that these guys are able to deliver whether live or studio. But on this it’s just too much ! It must have been somehow a little bit scary to go see them in the 80’s \ early 90’s. To this day Slayer are still very revevant because they still make awesome aggressive music and it really makes me feel good. This album is the perfect display of what a Slayer show is. Like a head on collision with a plow on a highway. Outch !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jhdeity
04-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Slayer is the only band that I purchased every copy of every cd ever released. When I saw there was a Deluxe Edition of this cd with Skeletons of Society and At Dawn They Sleep I had to have it. In hindsight paying $55 on ebay for 2 songs seems nuts but at the time I had to have them.

The vocals on Skeletons are a little weak so I can understand why that song was cut but At Dawn They Sleep in place of Expendable Youth would have put this cd up in the "Unleased in the East" category of live albums for me.

Even with that the inclusion of Altar of Sacrifice/Jesus Saves, Black Magic & Born of Fire among others solidified this as one of my Top 3 Live cd's of all time for me. Great choice!

Also that version of War Ensemble is one of the best live songs I've ever heard in my life. When a band can surpass a studio song live that's really saying something. Like what Priest did with Sinner and others...

PowerMaiden
04-23-2011, 10:22 AM
wow I had never heard of that deluxe edition, At Dawn They Sleep uuaahh , lucky you !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-23-2011, 10:31 AM
recap

101 Black Sabbath Live Evil 1981
100 Singles Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 1992
99 The Offspring Smash 1994
98 King Crimson In The Court Of The Crimson King 1969
97 Motorhead No Remorse 1984
96 The Cult Pure Cult, For Rocker,Ravers,Lovers And Sinners 1993
95 The Beatles 20 Greatest Hits 1982
94 Kreator Enemy Of God 2005
93 Beau Dommage Beau Dommage 1974
92 Pink Floyd Ummagumma 1969
91 Stone Temple Pilots Core 1992
90 Iron Maiden Death On The Road 2005
89 Def Leppard Pyromania 1983
88 Carcass Heartwork 1993
87 Megadeth Rust In Peace 1990
86 Venom Metal Black 2006
85 Bruce Dickinson Accident Of Birth 1997
84 Sodom M-16 2001
83 Pantera Vulgar Display Of Power 1992
82 AC\DC Back In Black 1980
81 Ozzy Osbourne The Ultimate Sin 1986
80 Pearl Jam Vitalogy 1994
79 Iron Maiden Killers 1981
78 Children Of Bodom Are You Dead Yet ? 2005
77 Foreigner The Very Best And Beyond 1992
76 Judas Priest Defenders Of The Faith 1984
75 Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same 1976
74 Ozzy Osbourne Speak Of The Devil 1982
73 Pink Floyd The Wall 1979
72 Scorpions Best Of Rockers 'n' Ballads 1989
71 Slayer Reign In Blood 1986
70 Black Sabbath Black Sabbath 1970
69 Deep Purple Deepest Purple - The Very Best Of Deep Purple 1980
68 Supertramp Paris 1980
67 Pantera Far Beyond Driven 1994
66 System Of A Down Mezmerize 2005
65 Metallica Metallica 1991
64 Sepultura Roots 1996
63 Motley Crue Shout At The Devil 1983
62 Journey Greatest Hits 1988
61 Accept Metal Heart 1985
60 Megadeth Countdown To Extinction 1992
59 Pearl Jam Vs. 1993
58 Kreator Live Kreation 2003
57 Dio The Last In Line 1984
56 Black Sabbath Paranoid 1970
55 Anthrax Spreading The Disease 1985
54 Iron Maiden Flight 666 2009
53 The Cranberries No Need To Argue 1994
52 B L A Z E As Live As It Gets 2003
51 Dio Sacred Heart 1985
50 Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The moon 1973
49 Megadeth So Far… So Good… So What? 1988
48 Rush Chronicles 1990
47 Slayer World Painted Blood 2009
46 Alice In Chains Dirt 1992
45 Iced Earth Alive In Athens 1999
44 Bob Marley & The Wailers Legend 1984
43 Offenbach Traversion 1978
42 Pantera Reinventing The Steel 2000
41 Metallica Kill 'Em All 1983
40 Rage Against The Machine Rage Against The Machine 1992
39 Iron Maiden Rock In Rio 2002
38 Slayer Show No Mercy 1983
37 Roger Waters In The Flesh 2000
36 Megadeth Peace Sell… …But Who's Buying 1986
35 Dio Holy Diver 1983
34 W.A.S.P. W.A.S.P. 1984
33 Offenbach Le Dernier Show 1985
32 Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard Of Ozz 1980
31 Iron Maiden Beast Over Hammersmith 2002
30 Sepultura Beneath The Remains 1989
29 Amon Amarth With Oden On Our Side 2006
28 Iron Maiden Iron Maiden 1980
27 Anthrax Among The Living 1987
26 Led Zeppelin Boxed set (disc 3) 1990
25 Venom From Heaven To The Unknown 1999
24 Black Sabbath Master Of Reality 1971
23 Children Of Bodom Hatebreeder 1999
22 Accept A Compilation Of The Best Of 'Restless And Wild' and 'Balls To The Wall' 1986
21 Pearl Jam Ten 1991
20 Metallica …And Justice For All 1988
19 System Of A Down Toxicity 2001
18 Slayer God Hates Us All 2001
17 Iron Maiden Powerslave 1984
16 Metal Church Metal Church 1984
15 Amon Amarth Versus The World 2003
14 Children Of Bodom Hate Crew Deathroll 2003
13 Iron Maiden Somewhere In Time 1986
12 Slayer Hell Awaits 1985
11 Pink Floyd Animals 1977
10 Iron Maiden A Matter Of Life And Death 2006
9 Iron Maiden Brave New World 2000
8 Iron Maiden Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son 1988
7 Metallica Master Of Puppets 1986
6 Slayer Decade Of Aggression 1991

top 5 coming up this week...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

es156
04-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Definitely one of the best threads ever posted on this site. Thanks for sharing this with us PowerMaiden! Certainly brings back a lot of memories for me personally.

Of course, I still can't believe that Powerslave is not in the top 10! ;)

PowerMaiden
04-23-2011, 10:59 AM
hahaha ! too many great albums, and the difference between number 17 and number 10 is not that great anyway.

I had great fun listening to all those great albums, I didn't know I would enjoy this that much ! Thanks to all for the kind words.

NP - album no 5 , review tomorrow

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
04-23-2011, 11:13 AM
That's a great list of albums there, dude! However, if Ride the Lightning isn't in the top 5, I may have to drive out to Montreal and slap you around a little. ;)

mankvill
04-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Where will Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro go?

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 01:09 AM
Where will Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro go?

I think he's waiting for Dave Hunt to release Bruce Dickinsons long lost acoustic tracks using some lame hippie bass tracks Cliff Burton laid down back in the day. How great would that be? hahahaha

I'm sure I know a few of the Top 5 but there is one band we'll have to discuss at some point. Not sure how a die hard Maiden fan can only have 1 Priest album in their Top 101 and that album being Defenders of the Faith

If nothing else you have some great classic Priest to re-discover...

The coolest thing about this thread is the memories and reliving those times. The other cool thing is some of these bands I've never heard of like Offenbach. Always cool hearing something that wasn't big around here and deserves to be heard by the masses. Bring on the Top 5!

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 01:12 AM
wow I had never heard of that deluxe edition, At Dawn They Sleep uuaahh , lucky you !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I'm glad to see I can still get what I paid if I choose to put it back on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Slayer-METAL-BOX-DECADE-AGGRESSION-RARE-LIVE-reign-/270739100282?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3f094ed27a

PowerMaiden
04-24-2011, 06:33 AM
I think he's waiting for Dave Hunt to release Bruce Dickinsons long lost acoustic tracks using some lame hippie bass tracks Cliff Burton laid down back in the day. How great would that be? hahahaha

I'm sure I know a few of the Top 5 but there is one band we'll have to discuss at some point. Not sure how a die hard Maiden fan can only have 1 Priest album in their Top 101 and that album being Defenders of the Faith

If nothing else you have some great classic Priest to re-discover...

The coolest thing about this thread is the memories and reliving those times. The other cool thing is some of these bands I've never heard of like Offenbach. Always cool hearing something that wasn't big around here and deserves to be heard by the masses. Bring on the Top 5!

never been that big of a Priest fan even though I saw them twice in the eighty's, Rob Halford is scaring the shit out of me...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM

...whut?

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 11:50 AM
...whut?

C'mon man! I incorporated your almost funny post with 2 hip slappers and made Sarcasm 101. You of all people I thought would get it seeing that you're one of the 10 people on here who know who Dave Hunt is.

Now Powermaiden has me wondering how many Maiden fans never got into Priest. Everyone I know got into Maiden through Priest so those bands will be forever linked in my eyes.

PowerMaiden
04-24-2011, 12:31 PM
POSITION # : 5

http://www.ephemeron.net/wp-content/uploads/cover-pink_floyd-wish_you_were_here.jpg

Track Listing
1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (pt. 1-5)
2. Welcome To The Machine
3. Have A Cigar
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (pt. 6-9)

I got way back then and it really changed my life in a very deep and profond way...This was music to relax and explore your inner senses. Music to fly (with or without any help :stoned: ) A therapy is what this album is to me...

Shine On You Crazy Diamond is the centerpiece of this album a 26 minutes plus song that was too long to put on one side of the vinyl so they had to cut it in 2 and Roger decided to open and close the album with it. The song is a farewell to former member Syd Barrett who had to split ways with the boys years before because he was not fonctionnal anymore, hooked and brain damage due to drugs mainly acid...In french we have an expression that reads like this :''La folie est près du génie'' wich means that crazyness is often not far from genious. This song to me, especially the part that opens the album (part 1-5) is my 2 nd favourite song ever after Hallowed Be Thy Name. A really heartbreaking/earthshaking/overwhelming song that touches me a lot musicaly and lyricaly. Pure beauty

The rest of the songs are 3 timeless Floyd classic with the hauting Welcome To The Machine, Have A Cigar where you just feel to light up something and relax and the beautifull title track that scrathes my nervous system beautifully. This is not heavy metal, but nothing else makes me feel like Pink Floyd, it is a need for me once in a while and this is to me their best album

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 12:35 PM

http://www.ephemeron.net/wp-content/uploads/cover-pink_floyd-wish_you_were_here.jpg

Track Listing
3. Have A Cigar
4. Wish You Were Here

I got way back then and it really changed my life in a very deep and profond way...This was music to relax and explore your inner senses. Music to fly (with or without any help :stoned: ) A therapy is what this album is to me...

Shine On You Crazy Diamond is the centerpiece of this album a 26 minutes plus song that was too long to put on one side of the vinyl so they had to cut it in 2 and Roger decided to open and close the album with it. The song is a farewell to former member Syd Barrett who had to split ways with the boys years before because he was not fonctionnal anymore, hooked and brain damage due to drugs mainly acid...In french we have an expression that reads like this :''La folie est près du génie'' wich means that crazyness is often not far from genious. This song to me, especially the part that opens the album (part 1-5) is my 2 nd favourite song ever after Hallowed Be Thy Name. A really heartbreaking/earthshaking/overwhelming song that touches me a lot musicaly and lyricaly. Pure beauty

The rest of the songs are 3 timeless Floyd classic with the hauting Welcome To The Machine, Have A Cigar where you just feel to light up something and relax and the beautifull title track that scrathes my nervous system beautifully. This is not heavy metal, but nothing else makes me feel like Pink Floyd, it is a need for me once in a while and this is to me their best album

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Abolsutely 100% agree. Most bands struggle to do in their entire career what this band do in what is essentially four songs on this album. This album will make you cry, smile, and laugh all at once. I have often stuc this on if I cam feeling a bit lost and need to just zone out for a while, and I always feel better having done it. This is not music, this is art.

idrinkwine732
04-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Excellent choice, really.

You're revealing #1 on Thursday if you go 1 a day, which is also the NFL Draft. That's going to be a great day.

JRA
04-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Fuck Yeah! One of the best albums of any genre!

es156
04-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Awesome choice! Wish You Were Here is my favorite Pink Floyd album and would probably make my top 10 album list as well.

:cool:

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Abolsutely 100% agree. Most bands struggle to do in their entire career what this band do in what is essentially four songs on this album. This album will make you cry, smile, and laugh all at once. I have often stuc this on if I cam feeling a bit lost and need to just zone out for a while, and I always feel better having done it. This is not music, this is art.

Well said. Would probably be in my Top 10 also. Definitely Top 15

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 03:37 PM

Track Listing
3. Have A Cigar
4. Wish You Were Here

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Meh this album is ok...

:dance:

PowerMaiden
04-25-2011, 11:29 AM
POSITION # : 4

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/images/covers/iron-maiden-live-after-death(live).jpg

Track Listing
Side1
1. Intro:Churchill’s Speech – Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. The Trooper
4. Revelations
5. Flight Of Icarus

Side 2
1. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
2. Powerslave
3. The Number Of The Beast

Side 3
1. Hallowed Be Thy Name
2. Iron Maiden
3. Run To The Hills
4. Running Free

Side 4
1. Wrathchild
2. 22 Acacia Avenue
3. Children Of The Damned
4. Die With Your Boots On
5. Phantom Of The Opera

I got this the day it came out. First in vinyl (I still have it) then on casette, then VHS video, then cd then dvd

When Live After Death came out it was a real threat for us since it was the very first time we could hear all our favourite Maiden songs live (obviously not counting when we saw them in concert) but I mean there was no Maiden live recording available at the time. I wasn't into bootleg yet and things like Live At The Rainbow was not really available here at least.

I remember buying this and back at my parents I put this thing on the turntable with my headphones on and I was lying on the floor with the album artwork, booklets and pictures. I was checking all these thing listening to my favourite band in the world. It was so cool, I was super exited to finally hear a live recording of theirs. This album was so huge in highschool amongs metalhead it was always played in peoples car blasting it or on the school radio. The hype over it was really huge. Great memories !

How much have I dreamed about it too before hearing it and needless to say all my expectations were by far surpassed as this turned out to be the best live album ever released and became the benchmark since it's release for every live album that any band would put out. Of course nobody ever even come close to capture the magic of this masterpiece...

Up The Fucking Irons !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sepultura69
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm guessing ride the lightning is going to be number 3?

2?

1?...

Probably...3...or 2?....

or 1?

:eyes:

rjturtle9
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
#1 Will be Number of the Beast.

JRA
04-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm a little annoyed Maiden haven't included the versions of Losfer Words and MITRM on the recent re-released version.

jhdeity
04-25-2011, 01:04 PM
POSITION # : 4

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/images/covers/iron-maiden-live-after-death(live).jpg

Track Listing
Side1
1. Intro:Churchill’s Speech – Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. The Trooper
4. Revelations
5. Flight Of Icarus

Side 2
1. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
2. Powerslave
3. The Number Of The Beast

Side 3
1. Hallowed Be Thy Name
2. Iron Maiden
3. Run To The Hills
4. Running Free

Side 4
1. Wrathchild
2. 22 Acacia Avenue
3. Children Of The Damned
5. Phantom Of The Opera

I got this the day it came out. First in vinyl (I still have it) then on casette, then VHS video, then cd then dvd

When Live After Death came out it was a real threat for us since it was the very first time we could hear all our favourite Maiden songs live (obviously not counting when we saw them in concert) but I mean there was no Maiden live recording available at the time. I wasn't into bootleg yet and things like Live At The Rainbow was not really available here at least.

I remember buying this and back at my parents I put this thing on the turntable with my headphones on and I was lying on the floor with the album artwork, booklets and pictures. I was checking all these thing listening to my favourite band in the world. It was so cool, I was super exited to finally hear a live recording of theirs. This album was so huge in highschool amongs metalhead it was always played in peoples car blasting it or on the school radio. The hype over it was really huge. Great memories !

How much have I dreamed about it too before hearing it and needless to say all my expectations were by far surpassed as this turned out to be the best live album ever released and became the benchmark since it's release for every live album that any band would put out. Of course nobody ever even come close to capture the magic of this masterpiece...

Up The Fucking Irons !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Awesome choice. Another one that I have 3 bonus tracks for but this time I didn't have to overspend. The mighty Maiden released them as an EP and the version of Murders in the Rue Morgue truly belongs on Live after Death. Losfer Words & Sanctuary are ok but Murders in the Rue Morgue just explodes live with Bruce singing it. Still one of the best live albums ever released. I played Side 1 literally to DEATH!

jhdeity
04-25-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm a little annoyed Maiden haven't included the versions of Losfer Words and MITRM on the recent re-released version.

Wow, that's pretty scary. Great minds think alike, eh?

JRA
04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Wow, that's pretty scary. Great minds think alike, eh?

I think Sanctuary is the most overplayed Maiden song ever, but I'm surprised they haven't included that one too.

But the top 3 are gonna be Piece of Mind, Ride The Lightning and Number of The Beast.

jhdeity
04-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I think Sanctuary is the most overplayed Maiden song ever, but I'm surprised they haven't included that one too.

Yeah I can't think of a better Live cd to re-release with those tracks as a double cd set. I'm pretty sure the cd version I have is from the mid-90's and is missing Side 4. I'll have to dig it up.

jhdeity
04-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Unless I'm really missing something it's not hard to pick the Top 3. I'll use super secret code to make my guess...

3) Sunlight, falling on your Steel...

2) When Hell Freezes Over

1) Information! INFORMATION!

PowerMaiden
04-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I have the bootleg when they did play MITRM in Hammersmith so that good but agreed that it would be fun to have them on the official re-release.

I won't comment on your guesses for my top3 to keep a bit of surprise :p

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
04-25-2011, 02:31 PM
MITRM

I'm having a derp moment, what acronym is this :eyes:

jhdeity
04-25-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm having a derp moment, what acronym is this :eyes:

The best song on Killers

mankvill
04-25-2011, 02:42 PM
The best song on Killers

SOMEONE CALL THE GENDARMES

jhdeity
04-25-2011, 02:45 PM
SOMEONE CALL THE GENDARMES

Bingo

rjturtle9
04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
The best song on Killers

But Purgatory is only one word. ;)

Maiden33
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure I've known what #1 is gonna be since the day he posted this topic. :lol:

PowerMaiden
04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
POSITION # : 3

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4397/lightninggggg.jpg

Track Listing
1. Fight Fire With Fire
2. Ride The Lightning
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. Fade To Black
5. Escape
6. Trapped Under Ice
7. Creeping Death
8. The Call Of Ktulu

The album that made me realise that there was something else than Iron Maiden in music. When I first heard this I really was amazed by how good these guys were and this album was. I was only listening to Iron Maiden until this day I was at a record store and I picked up this Ride The Lightning casette. I didn't know the band, I had never heard of them but I thought they had a cool name and the artwork looked somehow great to me. When I made it listen to my friends (who were like me only in Maiden, with maybe Priest and Sabbath) they were freaking out too . What is that !?! It's so fucking good !!! they were saying hehehe...

I don't listen to Metallica anymore even this masterpiece that changed me so much, after years of dissapointement and let down, slopy live playing and just a general bad taste about them. They're not the shadow of the band they were in the 80's in my humble opinion. I hate them now, I hate everything they've become, but I can't deny this album as my 3 rd most life changing album

R.I.P. Cliff

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
04-26-2011, 11:37 AM
:fist:

One of the best the Big 4 put out

JRA
04-26-2011, 12:44 PM
This album defies the odds in the sense that it's dated, but it's frozen in time with the sound and it ages well. Not to mention the fact Metallica have had every possible bad circumstance happen to them outside of becoming cannibal necrophiliacs, and this album still stands tall and defiant.

Time to place your bets folks. I say NOTB is #2 and POM is #1.

El Gordo
04-26-2011, 01:34 PM
POSITION # : 3

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4397/lightninggggg.jpg

Track Listing
1. Fight Fire With Fire
2. Ride The Lightning
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. Fade To Black
5. Escape
6. Trapped Under Ice
7. Creeping Death
8. The Call Of Ktulu

The album that made me realise that there was something else than Iron Maiden in music. When I first heard this I really was amazed by how good these guys were and this album was. I was only listening to Iron Maiden until this day I was at a record store and I picked up this Ride The Lightning casette. I didn't know the band, I had never heard of them but I thought they had a cool name and the artwork looked somehow great to me. When I made it listen to my friends (who were like me only in Maiden, with maybe Priest and Sabbath) they were freaking out too . What is that !?! It's so fucking good !!! they were saying hehehe...

I don't listen to Metallica anymore even this masterpiece that changed me so much, after years of dissapointement and let down, slopy live playing and just a general bad taste about them. They're not the shadow of the band they were in the 80's in my humble opinion. I hate them now, I hate everything they've become, but I can't deny this album as my 3 rd most life changing album

R.I.P. Cliff

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

This would be #1 on my list, but 3 is a very respectable position. Excellent list and one of the most entertaining threads I've seen in a while. Looking forward to 1 & 2.

jhdeity
04-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Great choice and great pic of the album cover. Man that thing just explodes off my monitor. I might make it my background it looks so damn good.

Being someone who has openly defended Codename: Sunlight... on here many times, I'd have a hard time defending it over RTL.

But in the context of albums that changed your life it makes perfect sense.

On my list this album would be #2 behind an album that didn't even make your Top 101 ironically. We would still have at least 60-70 of the same albums so Up The Irons for that!

PowerMaiden
04-26-2011, 02:11 PM
On my list this album would be #2 behind an album that didn't even make your Top 101 ironically. We would still have at least 60-70 of the same albums so Up The Irons for that!

after I finish my thread you post that album here dude, I wanna know :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
I have a feeling fans would defend Codename: Sunlight a lot more if it was actually played live.

illuminatus917
04-26-2011, 05:27 PM
:fist:

One of the best the Big 4 put out

Agreed. To me it's definitely the most vivid in terms of sound.

x-voltage
04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
My number one album of all time:rocker:

PowerMaiden
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
POSITION # : 2

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/images/covers/iron-maiden-piece-of-mind.jpg

Track Listing
1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Revelations
3. Flight Of Icarus
5. The Trooper
6. Still Life
7. Quest For Fire
8. Sun And Steel
9. To Tame A Land

I got this not that long after it came out. In the automn of 1983. After purchasing Number Of The Beast (the very first album I ever bought) I managed to get a hand of the other 3. All amazing albums but Piece Of Mind is better, to me at least it's way better than Killers and the s\t. It gets to me more. Where Eagles Dare, Where Fucking Eagles Dare for Christ Sake !!! My 2 nd best Maiden song ever open the hostilities furiously ! That opening pounding drum roll by Nicko is just mindblowing. Like they wanted to make a stand and say: You better fasten your seatbelts muterfuckers cause we're gonna get you !! The machine gun technique of 'Arry and Nicko on this song just fucking gives me the chills everytime. If it would be me they would play it at every fucking concert. They really should. But it's way more than that this album. It's got 7 100% Maiden classic stamped songs on it. When you blast this album you just have to ackknowledge the immensity of it. Iron Fucking Maiden !! Everything that defines them is there: Galops, riffage, exchange of solos,twin axe attack, serious groove by the rhythm section,vocaly Bruce is on fire. It kills all the way throught and it's still really relevant today. I still pop it in pretty often and just enjoy it as much as it was 28 years ago. I even enjoy Quest For Fire and Sun And Steel seriously. Grandiose album that changed me not only as far a metalhead but also as a human beiing. I knew right there that I would devote all my life to Iron Maiden, after hearing Piece Of Mind that was it, they confirmed to me that they were it, I never doubted it after that...

Up The Irons Forever !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sepultura69
04-27-2011, 09:42 AM
OH SHIT. ONE MORE LEFT.

PowerMaiden
04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
there is no need to keep it for tomorrow, I just finished another listen of this masterpiece ands now is the time to end this thing.

The album that changed my life the most is:

POSITION # : 1

http://991.com/newGallery/Iron-Maiden-The-Number-Of-The-424567.jpg

Track Listing
1. Invaders
2. Children Of The Damned
3. The Prisoner
4. 22 Acacia Avenue
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Run To The Hills
7. Gangland
8. Hallowed Be Thy Name

...automn of 1983, Intrigued by those Maiden t-shirts worn by so many people at my new highschool I decided to buy this album. The cover art is great but I didn't even listen to it . I just throwed it on my desk in my room at home and it stayed there for a month... Finally one day I decided to listen to it...

Bang ! It just grabbed my soul and throw it on the floor. Feelings I had never experienced before. WOW !! Aggressivity, hunger, emotions, precission of a chirugical surgeon, pure talent of the musicians, a creativity that totally connected with me, a form of expression that I really needed at this point in my young life. Iron Maiden is made for me I realized. Just like sex, you realised that you always want to have some more. Shivers down my spine, the urge to scream, headbang or even break some furniture. I discovered my life thanks to this album and I have never looked behind since...

thanks to people who commented along the way, I had a lot of fun revisiting all those amazing albums...

and most importantly, Up The Fucking Irons !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

JRA
04-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Well I was off.

I figured because of Where Eagles Dare, Piece of Mind would take the grand prize. Alas it was not meant to be.

It's ok though, NOTB is my favorite album of all time. :D

bennythedog
04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Well I was off.

I figured because of Where Eagles Dare, Piece of Mind would take the grand prize. Alas it was not meant to be.

It's ok though, NOTB is my favorite album of all time. :D

POMis my favorite Maiden album even though it was Powerslave that "changed my life".

PowerMaiden - you did title the thread "The top 101 albums that changed my life", are you in a similar situation as me there? Would your top 101 albums list be any different than the 101 that "changed your life"?

Just curious!

John

MPF
04-27-2011, 12:51 PM
I know I didn't comment much at all on this thread. But I gotta say that this has been one of, if not the best Thread I've ever seen here.

As much of a music fan I am, there is no way that I could ever get 101 albums in order that changed my life. Very damn impressive! Thank you!

Now you should do the 101 albums that changed your life....for the worst. :)

PowerMaiden
04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
@ John, yes my list of favourite album would be very different, things like Judas Priest's Defenders Of The Faith or Def Leppard's Pyromania would not be there. Also Ride The Lightning for example would be much higher than number 3 and the black album by Metallica would top my list of album that changed my life for the worst probably :D

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Dextrimental
04-27-2011, 02:15 PM
And you finish the whole list on page 40, just in time to see your 40th birthday! Immense thread, great choices and a worthy top 3. Up the fucking Irons INDEED!

girnny777
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
The Number Of The Beast was my first metal album as well.

Nice list dude.

jhdeity
04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Awesome 1-2 punch at the top. Growing up my favorite Maiden album was always NOTB and my best friends was always Piece of Mind. We both agreed Revelations, Where Eagles Dare & The Trooper were the 3 best songs on the album but after that we differed. He loved Die With Your Boots On and Sun and Steel and I liked Still Life and Flight of Icarus.

Eventually I came around to those songs but still don't really like the "chorus" to DWYBO. It's just kinda weird to me. I love the rest of the song but even years later I listen to it and I think they could have made an incredible song if they didn't do the group singing thing. To each his own though.

I really like the sing-a-long qualities of Still Life and Sun and Steel. I really think if Maiden had come up with a better line than Life is like a Wheel... more people would like that Sun and Steel as much as I do.

The only thing I can say about NOTB is I remember a list from over a year ago when we all ranked our Maiden albums and I was shocked that some people had NOTB and POM in the lower half of their lists. I know at least 1 person had POM dead last which really blew my mind. In my eyes NOTB is almost the perfect album and will always be my favorite Maiden release.

bennythedog
04-27-2011, 04:08 PM
I just love the list and the effort. It's inspired me to come up with my own list that "changed my life". It won't be nearly as metal as yours however, I do think (I've already got 50) that the non-metal albums contributed in some way (mostly musically) to enjoy the metal and pop-metal as much as I do.

I'm ready for your top 101 albums as of today!!

Thanks, PowerMaiden!

John

Sepultura69
04-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Now its times for the "top 101 albums that didn't change my life" thread ;)

IrritatedTrout
04-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Great topic, man.

Maiden33
04-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Not to try to steal this thread's thunder, but I've kinda been in the process of constructing a "100 Favorite Albums" list, specifically choosing to not repeat artists - but I'm unsure if I want to make it as big of a deal as this - largely because of the lack of interest in "my" music from a lot of people on this forum. Is anyone interested in having me go through with it?

x-voltage
04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Definitely make your own 100 list. I loved this one. I like seeing a new album everyday.

powerslave_85
04-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Not to try to steal this thread's thunder, but I've kinda been in the process of constructing a "100 Favorite Albums" list, specifically choosing to not repeat artists - but I'm unsure if I want to make it as big of a deal as this - largely because of the lack of interest in "my" music from a lot of people on this forum. Is anyone interested in having me go through with it?
I am!

x-voltage
04-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Now I want to do one.

PowerMaiden
04-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Lists are great ! Bring 'em on !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jhdeity
04-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Lists are great ! Bring 'em on !!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

The album I was referring to earlier is Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East.

The 1st album I ever owned was Alice Cooper - Live it to Death. My brother bought it to me for my 8th birthday. hahaha

1st album I ever bought was Deep Purple - Machine Head. My Mom bought me Humble Pie - Smokin' thinking it was Smoke on the Water so I had to get DP myself. I did jam 30 Days in a Hole for a while though.

Then Kiss came along. Hotter than Hell was my 1st taste then Kiss Alive. Then I got the rest and was hooked for all of my early teen years then it happened...

My brother used to jam Hell Bent for Leather every day for at least a year. My alarm clock was either Evil Fantasies, Take on the World, Delivering the Goods or Green Manalishi every morning. After all that pounding when I heard Unleased in the East it changed everything. The Ripper, Diamonds & Rust, Running Wild, Tyrant and of course Victim of Changes. To me the best live album ever made and the album that influenced my future musical taste more than any other.

And like your 2 Top live albums, years later I found an import version with 4 bonus tracks that blew my mind. To have Starbreaker, Hell Bent for Leather, Rock Forever & Delivering the Goods added to what was already my favorite live album just put it over the top.

Then to go back and rediscover Dissident Aggressor, Island of Domination, Deceiver and the all-mighty Beyond the Realms of Death among others all thanks to Unleashed in the East made that album legendary to me.

Looking over your list I'm almost certain you would love old Priest if you really got into it. I saw Maiden open for Priest twice and have them to thank for turning me onto Maiden as early as they did. Leading directly to another top 5, you #1 Number of the Beast. Those bands are forever linked to me...

PowerMaiden
04-28-2011, 03:15 PM
The album I was referring to earlier is Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East.

The 1st album I ever owned was Alice Cooper - Live it to Death. My brother bought it to me for my 8th birthday. hahaha

1st album I ever bought was Deep Purple - Machine Head. My Mom bought me Humble Pie - Smokin' thinking it was Smoke on the Water so I had to get DP myself. I did jam 30 Days in a Hole for a while though.

Then Kiss came along. Hotter than Hell was my 1st taste then Kiss Alive. Then I got the rest and was hooked for all of my early teen years then it happened...

My brother used to jam Hell Bent for Leather every day for at least a year. My alarm clock was either Evil Fantasies, Take on the World, Delivering the Goods or Green Manalishi every morning. After all that pounding when I heard Unleased in the East it changed everything. The Ripper, Diamonds & Rust, Running Wild, Tyrant and of course Victim of Changes. To me the best live album ever made and the album that influenced my future musical taste more than any other.

And like your 2 Top live albums, years later I found an import version with 4 bonus tracks that blew my mind. To have Starbreaker, Hell Bent for Leather, Rock Forever & Delivering the Goods added to what was already my favorite live album just put it over the top.

Then to go back and rediscover Dissident Aggressor, Island of Domination, Deceiver and the all-mighty Beyond the Realms of Death among others all thanks to Unleashed in the East made that album legendary to me.

Looking over your list I'm almost certain you would love old Priest if you really got into it. I saw Maiden open for Priest twice and have them to thank for turning me onto Maiden as early as they did. Leading directly to another top 5, you #1 Number of the Beast. Those bands are forever linked to me...

aaahhh Judas Priest I should have guessed it hehehe...good band, I won't even try that live album though, back a few years ago I got Painkiller thanks to recomendation of a few Metalsetlister saying to me that this is one of Priest greatest. I thought it was not bad at best, for some reason I can't go apeshit over Priest...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DethMaiden
04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Incidentally NOTB would be my #1 on this same kind of extremely personal list. It was my first metal album when I was 12 years old and it honestly changed who I am as a person more than any other one thing (or person) in my life thus far.

PowerMaiden
04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Incidentally NOTB would be my #1 on this same kind of extremely personal list. It was my first metal album when I was 12 years old and it honestly changed who I am as a person more than any other one thing (or person) in my life thus far.

:horns:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

jhdeity
04-28-2011, 03:37 PM
aaahhh Judas Priest I should have guessed it hehehe...good band, I won't even try that live album though, back a few years ago I got Painkiller thanks to recomendation of a few Metalsetlister saying to me that this is one of Priest greatest. I thought it was not bad at best, for some reason I can't go apeshit over Priest...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Yeah Painkiller would be my 6th or 7th favorite Priest cd if that. Sad Wings of Destiny though dated sounding is incredible. Another mortal lock for my Top 15 or 20. Hell Bent for Leather would be Top 20-25 also.

Even though the album Stained Class is an aquired taste the The song Beyond the Realms of Death is one of the best metal songs ever penned in my not-so-humble opinion. Right up there with Hallowed Be Thy Name.

PowerMaiden
04-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Sad Wings of Destiny

Hell Bent for Leather

Stained Class is an aquired taste the The song Beyond the Realms of Death is one of the best metal songs ever penned in my not-so-humble opinion. Right up there with Hallowed Be Thy Name.

To be quite honest thought I don't know any of these although I think the song 'The Ripper' (which I really like) is on one of these

maybe one day I'll try that Unleashed In The East

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

DethMaiden
04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
To be quite honest thought I don't know any of these although I think the song 'The Ripper' (which I really like) is on one of these

maybe one day I'll try that Unleashed In The East

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

As essential as each of the albums are individually, there's hardly a better crash course for any era of any band than Unleashed is for '70s Priest. And this coming from a guy who hates live albums.

JRA
04-28-2011, 03:49 PM
As essential as each of the albums are individually, there's hardly a better crash course for any era of any band than Unleashed is for '70s Priest. And this coming from a guy who hates live albums.

The Forkies have come to their senses!

and yea, Sad Wings of Destiny is pretty dated, but it's still listenable.

Dextrimental
04-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok, I actually have a top 20 albums list that is my most influential albums to date, I did so as to review some albums I dont listen to much anymore but still regard myself as a big fan of the band. I can start posting Sunday if people are up for reading it?

SomewhereInTime72
04-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Very very enjoyable thread. Good job, man. :horns:

Sepultura69
04-29-2011, 12:04 AM
The song Beyond the Realms of Death is one of the best metal songs ever penned in my not-so-humble opinion.

I agree. I was listening to "Beyond The Realms of Death" today while I was on my way to work. Blasting that shit on maximum volume, baby :rocker:

jhdeity
04-29-2011, 08:05 AM
I agree. I was listening to "Beyond The Realms of Death" today while I was on my way to work. Blasting that shit on maximum volume, baby :rocker:

Yeah that's the only way to listen to that song. It has to be the original version also. I have some great bootleg versions of that song but the live verson on A Touch of Evil doesn't do it justice becasue Rob doesn't belt the chorus. It starts off great then it's a total WTF?

Sepultura69
03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
awwww This thread........

The one that started it all.... Sorry for the Re-bumping.

But it had to be done. :rocker:

;)

JRA
03-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah that's the only way to listen to that song. It has to be the original version also. I have some great bootleg versions of that song but the live verson on A Touch of Evil doesn't do it justice becasue Rob doesn't belt the chorus. It starts off great then it's a total WTF?

the best version of the song is on Live Insurrection.

PowerMaiden
03-18-2012, 04:51 PM
awwww This thread........

The one that started it all.... Sorry for the Re-bumping.

But it had to be done. :rocker:

;)

yep that was the original one

while we're at it, here's a recap:

101 Black Sabbath Live Evil 1981
100 Singles Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 1992
99 The Offspring Smash 1994
98 King Crimson In The Court Of The Crimson King 1969
97 Motorhead No Remorse 1984
96 The Cult Pure Cult, For Rocker,Ravers,Lovers And Sinners 1993
95 The Beatles 20 Greatest Hits 1982
94 Kreator Enemy Of God 2005
93 Beau Dommage Beau Dommage 1974
92 Pink Floyd Ummagumma 1969
91 Stone Temple Pilots Core 1992
90 Iron Maiden Death On The Road 2005
89 Def Leppard Pyromania 1983
88 Carcass Heartwork 1993
87 Megadeth Rust In Peace 1990
86 Venom Metal Black 2006
85 Bruce Dickinson Accident Of Birth 1997
84 Sodom M-16 2001
83 Pantera Vulgar Display Of Power 1992
82 AC\DC Back In Black 1980
81 Ozzy Osbourne The Ultimate Sin 1986
80 Pearl Jam Vitalogy 1994
79 Iron Maiden Killers 1981
78 Children Of Bodom Are You Dead Yet ? 2005
77 Foreigner The Very Best And Beyond 1992
76 Judas Priest Defenders Of The Faith 1984
75 Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same 1976
74 Ozzy Osbourne Speak Of The Devil 1982
73 Pink Floyd The Wall 1979
72 Scorpions Best Of Rockers 'n' Ballads 1989
71 Slayer Reign In Blood 1986
70 Black Sabbath Black Sabbath 1970
69 Deep Purple Deepest Purple - The Very Best Of Deep Purple 1980
68 Supertramp Paris 1980
67 Pantera Far Beyond Driven 1994
66 System Of A Down Mezmerize 2005
65 Metallica Metallica 1991
64 Sepultura Roots 1996
63 Motley Crue Shout At The Devil 1983
62 Journey Greatest Hits 1988
61 Accept Metal Heart 1985
60 Megadeth Countdown To Extinction 1992
59 Pearl Jam Vs. 1993
58 Kreator Live Kreation 2003
57 Dio The Last In Line 1984
56 Black Sabbath Paranoid 1970
55 Anthrax Spreading The Disease 1985
54 Iron Maiden Flight 666 2009
53 The Cranberries No Need To Argue 1994
52 B L A Z E As Live As It Gets 2003
51 Dio Sacred Heart 1985
50 Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The moon 1973
49 Megadeth So Far… So Good… So What? 1988
48 Rush Chronicles 1990
47 Slayer World Painted Blood 2009
46 Alice In Chains Dirt 1992
45 Iced Earth Alive In Athens 1999
44 Bob Marley & The Wailers Legend 1984
43 Offenbach Traversion 1978
42 Pantera Reinventing The Steel 2000
41 Metallica Kill 'Em All 1983
40 Rage Against The Machine Rage Against The Machine 1992
39 Iron Maiden Rock In Rio 2002
38 Slayer Show No Mercy 1983
37 Roger Waters In The Flesh 2000
36 Megadeth Peace Sell… …But Who's Buying 1986
35 Dio Holy Diver 1983
34 W.A.S.P. W.A.S.P. 1984
33 Offenbach Le Dernier Show 1985
32 Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard Of Ozz 1980
31 Iron Maiden Beast Over Hammersmith 2002
30 Sepultura Beneath The Remains 1989
29 Amon Amarth With Oden On Our Side 2006
28 Iron Maiden Iron Maiden 1980
27 Anthrax Among The Living 1987
26 Led Zeppelin Boxed set (disc 3) 1990
25 Venom From Heaven To The Unknown 1999
24 Black Sabbath Master Of Reality 1971
23 Children Of Bodom Hatebreeder 1999
22 Accept A Compilation Of The Best Of 'Restless And Wild' and 'Balls To The Wall' 1986
21 Pearl Jam Ten 1991
20 Metallica …And Justice For All 1988
19 System Of A Down Toxicity 2001
18 Slayer God Hates Us All 2001
17 Iron Maiden Powerslave 1984
16 Metal Church Metal Church 1984
15 Amon Amarth Versus The World 2003
14 Children Of Bodom Hate Crew Deathroll 2003
13 Iron Maiden Somewhere In Time 1986
12 Slayer Hell Awaits 1985
11 Pink Floyd Animals 1977
10 Iron Maiden A Matter Of Life And Death 2006