Martyr
Demanufacture
Self Bias Resistor
Zero Signal
Dog Day Sunrise
Replica

Derelict
12-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I could show up halfway through this and enjoy it much more than being there for the whole show.

Indestructible
12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Good set. Glad they are playing a little longer this time around.

x-voltage
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
it's pretty interesting how their set goes album to album. Going from Mechanize to Obsolete to Digimortal back to Mechanize to Soul and finally to Demanufacture. And all of the songs almost are in order from the album they're on. it's almost like they scrolled through their ipod to pick the set. i think they really need to do a few off of Archetype to make this set ideal, like slave labor, archetype, undercurrent, or default judgement.

Indestructible
12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
They should definetly do songs from Archetype, Slave Labor would be cool to hear live. They should do songs from Transgression too, I think that's my favorite Fear Factory album.

MPF
12-07-2010, 09:16 PM
They should definetly do songs from Archetype, Slave Labor would be cool to hear live. They should do songs from Transgression too, I think that's my favorite Fear Factory album.

As long as Dino is in the band, that will never happen.

Indestructible
12-07-2010, 09:22 PM
As long as Dino is in the band, that will never happen.

I know Dino wasn't with the band during archetype and Trangression, but one song from each album every now and then wouldn't hurt.

MPF
12-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I know Dino wasn't with the band during archetype and Trangression, but one song from each album every now and then wouldn't hurt.

You're new to Fear Factory aren't you?

There's a lot more to it then just Dino not playing on those two albums. Trust me I'd love to hear anything of Archetype, but I gave up on that a long time ago.

300%_Density
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
With the song Archetype basically taking a shot at Dino I'm sure that the thought of doing a song meant to take a cheap shot at you is probably not to appealing for Dino. Not saying the whole album is a shot at Dino but song Archetype shot at Dino + album w/ same name as song taking shot at Dino = no fuckin chance that ever happens. Transgression was just embarassing. Take a look at lyrics if you do not understand the Archetype thing: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Archetype-lyrics-Fear-Factory/C46710870C83E5DC48256E76002C808D

Indestructible
12-07-2010, 09:52 PM
With the song Archetype basically taking a shot at Dino I'm sure that the thought of doing a song meant to take a cheap shot at you is probably not to appealing for Dino. Not saying the whole album is a shot at Dino but song Archetype shot at Dino + album w/ same name as song taking shot at Dino = no fuckin chance that ever happens. Transgression was just embarassing. Take a look at lyrics if you do not understand the Archetype thing: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Archetype-lyrics-Fear-Factory/C46710870C83E5DC48256E76002C808D

I could see Archetype(the song) as them taking a shot at Dino I know there was tension between Dino and the rest of the band at that time. How was Transgression embasassing?

MPF
12-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I could see Archetype(the song) as them taking a shot at Dino I know there was tension between Dino and the rest of the band at that time. How was Transgression embasassing?

Burton and Christian both said the album is shit.

I don't agree as there are a few songs I love off of it. But I can also see why they say that.

300%_Density
12-07-2010, 10:03 PM

Tried listening to that album several times and nothing memorable from that album. I can somewhat tolerate the title track but I would not want to hear that song instead of anything from the first 4 or 5 albums. My incredible bias for everything anti-U2 having a cover song from them killed it for me as well. Christian has even said that him and the band were not happy w/ the album as the record label rushed them to get it done. Archetype was out in April '04 & Transgression came out in August '05. I kind of recall that there was little to no promotion for the album. If it was put out under a name other than Fear Factory it might have been an OK album but not up to par w/ their others. I did think Archetype was a good album though. Not tryin to hate. If you like Transgression thats cool but IMO next to their other albums its embarassing. Just my :2cents:

converge241
12-08-2010, 03:43 AM
im so glad I saw them on the Archetype tour (Fear Factory/Mastodon) to hear that stuff..Slave Labor, Title track, Bite the hand, Cyberwaste

Derelict
12-08-2010, 04:07 AM
im so glad I saw them on the Archetype tour (Fear Factory/Mastodon) to hear that stuff..Slave Labor, Title track, Bite the hand, Cyberwaste

Yeah that tour was pretty good...and I got in for free since my friend was working for relapse at the time, when mastodon was still on that label.

HackedUpForBBQ
12-08-2010, 04:13 AM
from - roadrunnerrecords/blabbermouth.com

Tilburg, Netherlands

Mechanize
Fear Campaign
Shock
Smasher/Devourer
Securitron (Police State 2000)
Linchpin
Acres of Skin
Powershifter
Industrial Discipline
Big God
Martyr
Demanufacture
Self Bias Resistor
Zero Signal
Dog Day Sunrise
Replica

Pretty good setlist, but damn I'd still like to hear them play Leechmaster, Scumgrief, Body Hammer and Pisschrist live

x-voltage
12-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Body Hammer would be sick!!!!! Epic riff

philcore
12-08-2010, 08:56 AM

The tour I saw Archetype songs was co-headline: Lamb of God, Fear Factory w/Throwdown in this club up in Milwaukee. Excellent show except for Christian playing lead guitar. He can't hold Dino's jock.

And as far as the Transgression disc goes :grim:. It was the death of that lineup of Fear Factory. It was horrible and Burt hated it.

metallicbrian666
12-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Awesome to see Big God and Securitron make their way into the set.

If they really want to make me happy, they should start busting out Suffer Age (even though that will probably never happen)

smearCampaign
12-08-2010, 08:15 PM
They need to add Scapegoat, Scumgrief, Body Hammer and Hunter-Killer.

Acres of Skin is about the only good song on Digimortal, so good choice there. Transgression is garbage and I don't even think of it as a real Fear Factory album. They really need to do another companion remix album to go with the new disc; Remanufacture and Fear Is the Mindkiller were both great.

Dominicus 1988
12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Fuuuuuuuck Industrial Discipline rapes so hard....but I want Final Exit and Resurrection like they were doing in the first leg of their tour last year. :drool:

converge241
12-09-2010, 04:29 AM
The tour I saw Archetype songs was co-headline: Lamb of God, Fear Factory w/Throwdown in this club up in Milwaukee. Excellent show except for Christian playing lead guitar. He can't hold Dino's jock.

And as far as the Transgression disc goes :grim:. It was the death of that lineup of Fear Factory. It was horrible and Burt hated it.

Yeah as much as I like them I coudlnt really get into Transgression..

TonyD
12-09-2010, 08:58 PM
On another note... Dog Day Sunrise!

metallicbrian666
12-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I think Transgression and Archetype suck. Archetype is good as an album, but not as a Fear Factory album.

I also think they should really start playing more SOANM material.