PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Hell Tour

DementedX14
12-07-2010, 12:46 PM
For those interested: Whitechapel, The Acacia Strain, Veil of Maya, Chelsea Grin and I Declare War team up for the following dates:

02/10 Knoxville, TN – Valarium
02/11 Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade
02/13 Richmond, VA – The National
02/14 Springfield, VA – Jaxx
02/15 Philadelphia, PA – Theatre Of The Living Arts
02/16 New York, NY – The Gramercy Theatre
02/17 Clifton Park, NY – Northern Lights
02/18 Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom
02/19 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
02/20 Williamsville, NY – Club Infinity
02/22 Montreal, QC – La Tulipe
02/23 Toronto, ON – Opera House
02/24 Pittsburgh, PA – Altar Bar
02/25 Cleveland, OH – House Of Blues
02/26 Detroit, MI – St. Andrews Hall
02/27 Chicago, IL – House Of Blues
02/28 St. Paul, MN – Station 4
03/01 Lawrence, KS – Granada Theatre
03/02 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
03/04 Boise, ID – Knitting Factory
03/05 Spokane, WA – Knitting Factory
03/08 Seattle, WA – El Corazon
03/09 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theater
03/11 Sacramento, CA – Ace Of Spades
03/12 Los Angeles, CA – House Of Blues
03/13 San Diego, CA – Soma
03/14 Pomona, CA – Glass House
03/15 Mesa, AZ – The Underground
03/19 Ft. Worth, TX – The Palladium Ballroom
03/23 Denver, CO – Summit Music Hall
03/24 St. Louis, IL – Pop’s
03/25 Memphis, TN – New Daisy Theatre

Source: http://www.theprp.com/2010/12/07/news/whitechapel-the-acacia-strain-veil-of-maya-and-more-sign-on-for-welcome-to-hell-tour/

Nick_to_the_face
12-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I would go for the Acacia Strain, and thats it

mastodon421
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Chelsea Grin and I Declare War are really,really awful. I am getting bored of Whitechapel live. I like The Acacia Strain and Veil Of Maya a lot, but I will still pass.

mankvill
12-07-2010, 01:39 PM
03/01 Lawrence, KS – Granada Theatre

NoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Derelict
12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I like when bands like this tour together, to prevent them from potentially infecting cool tours.

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 01:42 PM
GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I read the title of the thread I thought this was for a VENOM tour :(

When you have a thread called "The Welcome to Hell" Tour I assume you are referring to Venoms Classic debut "Welcome To Hell" and with all these bands jumping on the bandwagon and playing "Full albums" I kind of assumed after reading the title of the thread it was immediately a Venom tour....

A little misleading :cool:

AnthG
12-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I saw Whitechapel last year when they opened for Trivium (I went for Chimaira, so fuck you guys) and I had never seen so many baggy tshirts and flat rimmed baseball hats in my life. And i've been to several NBA games. I don't like them at all, but they had the crowd eating out of their hand. People were going so apeshit for them. It was confusing.

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I thought of Venom too when I read the thread title.

xStructualDefect
12-07-2010, 02:04 PM
i'm really confused. this show is at HOB Hollywood the same day as Parkway Drive plays there. maybe they're combining shows? or one of the dates are wrong. both tours are hitting up the Glasshouse but i'd rather go to the HOB shows instead.

anyways, i'm really stoked to see Whitechapel and Veil of Maya. haters gonn' hate but i'm a big fan of both bands.

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I like when bands like this tour together, to prevent them from potentially infecting cool tours.

:lol:

Very true....

Dammit....I honestly thought this was a goddamn Venom tour :(

Indestructible
12-07-2010, 02:13 PM
They named the tour right. You would be in hell if you had to see Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain

evildeadjedi
12-07-2010, 02:15 PM
GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I read the title of the thread I thought this was for a VENOM tour :(

When you have a thread called "The Welcome to Hell" Tour I assume you are referring to Venoms Classic debut "Welcome To Hell" and with all these bands jumping on the bandwagon and playing "Full albums" I kind of assumed after reading the title of the thread it was immediately a Venom tour....

A little misleading :cool:

Oh shit I thought the same thing and now I'm :(.

Indestructible
12-07-2010, 02:17 PM
02/20 Williamsville, NY – Club Infinity

You can get Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain but you can't Alice in Chains:confused::confused:

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Oh shit I thought the same thing and now I'm :(.

I know, seriously!!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD BEFORE WE get more :( victoms

Atleast change it to "white chapel" tour or something.

Because when you have a title like "WELCOME TO HELL TOUR" Alot of people(or atleast people like myself that listen to old school heavy metal music) will ultimately assume you are referring to this
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ncKcjInuqfY/SbsDjEgqcUI/AAAAAAAACd4/XB9IZZDKbxM/s400/oqi4v5vzsenlweysx.jpg

INSTEAD of this abomination of a tour that they call "Welcome to hell"....more like "Welcome to the world of whiny deathcore teenie bopperz hardcoredance fest" :cool:

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
They named the tour right. You would be in hell if you had to seen Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain

Made me lol for some reason.

xStructualDefect
12-07-2010, 02:29 PM
should change the thread title.

evildeadjedi
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I know, seriously!!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD BEFORE WE get more :( victoms

Atleast change it to "white chapel" tour or something.

Because when you have a title like "WELCOME TO HELL TOUR" Alot of people(or atleast people like myself that listen to old school heavy metal music) will ultimately assume you are referring to this
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ncKcjInuqfY/SbsDjEgqcUI/AAAAAAAACd4/XB9IZZDKbxM/s400/oqi4v5vzsenlweysx.jpg

INSTEAD of this abomination of a tour that they call "Welcome to hell"....more like "Welcome to the world of whiny deathcore teenie bopperz hardcoredance fest" :cool:

Seriously, when I saw that I thought I would finally get to head bang to classics like "Angel Dust" "Witching Hour" "Red Light Fever" "Sons of Satan" and "In League With Satan" live

How about the "Slit Your Wrists Tour"?

christopher
12-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Lame! I'm another victim of this misleading thread. I was excited to finally see Venom, then....shit bands.

BloodoftheKings
12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
They named the tour right. You would be in hell if you had to see Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain

DementedX14
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm sorry guys for the misleading title.:eyes:
I will remember this next time I will post tour dates. Hopefully one of the mods will change the title.:banghead:

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Seriously, when I saw that I thought I would finally get to head bang to classics like "Angel Dust" "Witching Hour" "Red Light Fever" "Sons of Satan" and "In League With Satan" live

:( don't remind me

I've always wanted to see Venom. They are seen as "jokes" and "cliche" by a lot of bands but they are legends no matter what you say or how you put it :rocker:

And they are 10000000 times better then this crapfest of a tour :cool:

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 03:47 PM
How about the "Slit Your Wrists Tour"?

Sounds just about right....

Northern_Shaman
12-07-2010, 04:37 PM
>click thread expecting old school black metal tour w/ Venom
>nope.

I guess it is rather appropriately named though :lol:.

Crionics
12-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Not interested at all, but how is this big enough for The National?

rjturtle9
12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
anyways, i'm really stoked to see Whitechapel and Veil of Maya. haters gonn' hate but i'm a big fan of both bands.

Hater is hating.

:finger:

Bergman101
12-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I like Whitechapel, The Acacia Strain and Veil a lot so I'll be showing up after CG and IDW because they're both not good. Also, I don't like Venom... just saying. I respect them a lot but I'm not a fan.

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I like Whitechapel, The Acacia Strain and Veil a lot so I'll be showing up after CG and IDW because they're both not good. Also, I don't like Venom... just saying. I respect them a lot but I'm not a fan.

:fist:

Its all good brawh. No worries. I still think someone needs to change the title of this thread so more victims don't pile up

300%_Density
12-07-2010, 10:23 PM
NoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dude don't lie. You will be there for the Br00tal breakdowns along w/ the rest of the KC morons!!! :D

street_burial
12-08-2010, 02:37 AM
ill be there for both the Richmond date and the west Springfield date i cant freaking wait....i might bring a tazer to get rid of all those hardcore dancers.....

Nick_to_the_face
12-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Dude don't lie. You will be there for the Br00tal breakdowns along w/ the rest of the KC morons!!! :D

Hey fuck off, thats offensive :finger2: i hate white chapel and the others as much as anyone, but i happen to enjoy the Acacia Strain, either way i'm probably not going anyway, i have no moneys to see one band that i like.

and i thought it was Venom at first as well :(

speaking of which...what the fuck is Venom doing nowadays??????

Nick_to_the_face
12-08-2010, 07:35 AM
:( don't remind me

I've always wanted to see Venom. They are seen as "jokes" and "cliche" by a lot of bands but they are legends no matter what you say or how you put it :rocker:

And they are 10000000 times better then this crapfest of a tour :cool:

this.
but still...i like Acacia Strain
so...
haters gonna hate

Sepultura69
12-08-2010, 07:56 AM
speaking of which...what the fuck is Venom doing nowadays??????

That's what I'm wondering :confused:

They haven't played in the U.S in fucking ages. I think the last time they played here in california was 2006 :(

If they ever do return they mind as well jump on the bandwagon and play a full album............I'm thinking "Welcome to Hell" or "BLACK METAL" :rocker:

Nick_to_the_face
12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
That's what I'm wondering :confused:

They haven't played in the U.S in fucking ages. I think the last time they played here in california was 2006 :(

If they ever do return they mind as well jump on the bandwagon and play a full album............I'm thinking "Welcome to Hell" or "BLACK METAL" :rocker:

Doubt it...but hell we can dream can't we??? :rocker:

PowerMaiden
12-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I was hoping for a north american Venom tour when i clicked on this thread

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

makethemsuffer12
12-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I was hoping for a north american Venom tour when i clicked on this thread

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

You and just about everyone else. :lol:

LTD Soloist
12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Veil of Maya is one of the best live bands in metal. All the other bands on this tour = fail

Sepultura69
12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
someone needs to just change the title of the thread to

WELCOME TO HELL: NOT VENOM TOUR

jd091
12-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Hahaha, I love this hate for deathcore; its hilarious. And not unwarranted. However, I'll be first in line for the Chicago date. No, I'm not a scene fag, and I like Whitechapel. Sue me. Haven't seen them live yet, so I have yet to see unwarranted faggots in the crowd. I survived Asking Alexandria, I think I can survive this!

More importantly, though, I'm looking forward to FINALLY seeing Veil of Maya live. Id was such a great record. Acacia Strain is not bad either.

xStructualDefect
12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Hahaha, I love this hate for deathcore; its hilarious. And not unwarranted. However, I'll be first in line for the Chicago date. No, I'm not a scene fag, and I like Whitechapel. Sue me. Haven't seen them live yet, so I have yet to see unwarranted faggots in the crowd. I survived Asking Alexandria, I think I can survive this!

More importantly, though, I'm looking forward to FINALLY seeing Veil of Maya live. Id was such a great record. Acacia Strain is not bad either.

lol i know how you feel. i'm not a scene kid, but i love some deathcore. there's a grip of shitty bands in the genre, but there's some good ones too. Whitechapel and Veil of Maya are both great live imo. Acacia Strain isn't bad live, kinda bored me last time after a few songs though. I Declare War and Chelsea Girn fucking blow though. most likely gonna show up late right as Chealsea Grin is ending.

anyways i'm probably the only one who cares about this, but either the Parkway Drive or Whitechapel touring route is wrong. both tours say they are scheduled to play House of Blues Hollywood March 12. maybe it's a big mashup? or idk

mastodon421
12-08-2010, 02:47 PM

You deserve a medal for sitting through Asking Alexandria, I don't think I could do that.

I like Veil Of Maya, Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain as well, but Whitechapel really isn't that good live, imo. I am not going to this show mainly because Chelsea Grin and I Declare War are so bad and i've seen Whitechapel 3 times and I am not going to go out of my way to see them again. Plus i've seen The Acacia Strain and Veil Of Maya twice each.

I wish I caught The Acacia Strain and Veil Of Maya on their current tours, the lineups are soooo much better.

xStructualDefect
12-08-2010, 02:58 PM
You deserve a medal for sitting through Asking Alexandria, I don't think I could do that.

I like Veil Of Maya, Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain as well, but Whitechapel really isn't that good live, imo. I am not going to this show mainly because Chelsea Grin and I Declare War are so bad and i've seen Whitechapel 3 times and I am not going to go out of my way to see them again. Plus i've seen The Acacia Strain and Veil Of Maya twice each.

I wish I caught The Acacia Strain and Veil Of Maya on their current tours, the lineups are soooo much better.

well i guess to each of their own then. I think Whitechapel is the best and most fun deathcore band i've seen live having seen them 4x. although one of those times they did disappoint me. i thought Veil of Maya was great live, but Acacia Strain kinda bored me when i saw them. imo i'd say just go to the tour and walk in just as Chelsea Grin is finishing like i plan on doing.

jd091
12-08-2010, 09:19 PM
well i guess to each of their own then. I think Whitechapel is the best and most fun deathcore band i've seen live having seen them 4x. although one of those times they did disappoint me. i thought Veil of Maya was great live, but Acacia Strain kinda bored me when i saw them. imo i'd say just go to the tour and walk in just as Chelsea Grin is finishing like i plan on doing.

Dude, I can remember back in the day when I had no fucking clue what deathcore was since it was just beginning to evolve, and I heard The Somatic Defilement by Whitechapel. Holy. SHIT. It was so heavy and amazing. I hadn't really heard breakdowns before, and I LOVED the sound. Nowadays, sure, breakdowns are way overused, and back then I didn't know about the whole slamdancing/scene dicks that populated the genre. Its a shame, because I still love that record. It made me realize that metal can be heavy in a different way, albeit not very musical. Not to mention the lyrics, which were some of the most fucked up, disgusting, and metal lyrics I had ever heard. I'm not afraid to say that that is the best deathcore album out there, and all this other crap (aka chelsea grin, oceano, etc) is just trying to emulate the heaviness that TSD had. All of this, IMAO. :D

anyways i'm probably the only one who cares about this, but either the Parkway Drive or Whitechapel touring route is wrong. both tours say they are scheduled to play House of Blues Hollywood March 12. maybe it's a big mashup? or idk

Yeah, I'm gonna see PD too. They could have potentially more fags than the Whitechapel show? Perhaps. I still love me some Boneyards! :tongue: I don't think that the Whitechapel tour is officially up on the venues' sites yet, so I wouldn't worry yet. I'd trust what the House of Blues site says.

xStructualDefect
12-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Dude, I can remember back in the day when I had no fucking clue what deathcore was since it was just beginning to evolve, and I heard The Somatic Defilement by Whitechapel. Holy. SHIT. It was so heavy and amazing. I hadn't really heard breakdowns before, and I LOVED the sound. Nowadays, sure, breakdowns are way overused, and back then I didn't know about the whole slamdancing/scene dicks that populated the genre. Its a shame, because I still love that record. It made me realize that metal can be heavy in a different way, albeit not very musical. Not to mention the lyrics, which were some of the most fucked up, disgusting, and metal lyrics I had ever heard. I'm not afraid to say that that is the best deathcore album out there, and all this other crap (aka chelsea grin, oceano, etc) is just trying to emulate the heaviness that TSD had. All of this, IMAO. :D

to be honest i used to despise deathcore. i've known about it since late 2006 just as it was getting popular. i used to think bands like Whitechapel and Suicide Silence were fucking awful back in 2006/07 since i had some friends into that. then i went from listening to extreme metal to a lot of metalcore, so i started appreciating breakdowns more. then in late '08 i went to go see Unearth and Whitechapel happened to be opening. i thought they sucked back then, but they really impressed me live. then my friend took me to go see Suicide Silence when i still didn't like them about a month after the Unearth show. i really liked them live so a few months later i started listening to Whitechapel and Suicide Silence a lot. after awhile i started to really appreciate breakdowns after i used to hate them a lot. but i still can't stand bands like Emmure, fts.

inb4 cool story bro

Yeah, I'm gonna see PD too. They could have potentially more fags than the Whitechapel show? Perhaps. I still love me some Boneyards! :tongue: I don't think that the Whitechapel tour is officially up on the venues' sites yet, so I wouldn't worry yet. I'd trust what the House of Blues site says.

i'd imagine both Whitechapel and Parkway Drive having somewhat of a similar fanbases. but yeah both tours say they have a stop at the House of Blues here but none of them have even been put on ticketmaster yet so i don't know which one is right.

treghet
12-09-2010, 07:14 AM

The Somatic Defilement was my introduction to deathcore as well. In short, I felt the same way as you, and I still enjoy that album from time to time. However, I felt Whitechapel went downhill with This is Exile. It didn't have the same heaviness to it (not talking about the breakdowns, I mean the guitar tone), the drumming was less interesting, the vocals were less guttural and the high screams weren't as high, and the whole thing was simply over produced.

DementedX14
12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I got into deathcore by Job for a Cowboy. When I in high school in 2006 this kid show me their myspace and I listen to "Entombment of a Machine". I had never heard of this type of death metal before either and it was way heavier than any of the metalcore bands were playing. Anyways, I prefer Deathcore over metalcore. Bands like As I lay Dying and Unearth just weren't doing it for me anymore since I heard deathcore and that is why I am will propbablly might this tour because I can appreciate bands like Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain.

makethemsuffer12
12-10-2010, 12:18 PM
The Somatic Defilement was my introduction to deathcore as well. In short, I felt the same way as you, and I still enjoy that album from time to time. However, I felt Whitechapel went downhill with This is Exile. It didn't have the same heaviness to it (not talking about the breakdowns, I mean the guitar tone), the drumming was less interesting, the vocals were less guttural and the high screams weren't as high, and the whole thing was simply over produced.

Idk, I dig the sound on Exile. I can't stand their first album, but I can tolerate their last two. A New Era of Corruption has a killer sound and pretty sweet guitar tones. Whitechapel are one of the few deathcore bands I actually respect (the other two being All Shall Perish and to a lesser extent Suicide Silence). Though I've seen them twice and I can't say I really enjoyed them either time, but that might've been because I absolutely hated everything about the deathcore scene at the time (I still do, but I can admit that there are some good bands in the genre).

Nick_to_the_face
12-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I got into deathcore by Job for a Cowboy. When I in high school in 2006 this kid show me their myspace and I listen to "Entombment of a Machine". I had never heard of this type of death metal before either and it was way heavier than any of the metalcore bands were playing. Anyways, I prefer Deathcore over metalcore. Bands like As I lay Dying and Unearth just weren't doing it for me anymore since I heard deathcore and that is why I am will propbablly might this tour because I can appreciate bands like Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain.

Job for A Cowboy was my first as well, Embedded to be exact. As for death v.s metal core, either one can be a give or take. metalcore like As I Lay Dying and Unearth i love, and i like parkway drive, i hate this asking alexandria, BMTH shit. as for deathcore, for the most part i dont like it much, i cant stand whitechapel, but i do love the Acacia Strain and JFAC

but i still take my stand, and say i am disappointed by this thread..

i want Venom :(

jd091
12-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Job for A Cowboy was my first as well, Embedded to be exact. As for death v.s metal core, either one can be a give or take. metalcore like As I Lay Dying and Unearth i love, and i like parkway drive, i hate this asking alexandria, BMTH shit.

THIS x 1000000000000000

jd091
12-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh, and does anybody remember a few short years ago when it was whitechapel OPENING for Acacia Strain? Funny how things change...

MPF
12-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Oh, and does anybody remember a few short years ago when it was whitechapel OPENING for Acacia Strain? Funny how things change...

Yeah, very true.

In the non-metal vein it's like a couple years ago Circa Survive was opening for Dredg, now this year it's Animals as Leaders and Dredg opening for Circa Survive. *Circa Survive sucks so fucking bad* Or how Shadows Fall OPENED for Five Finger Death Punch

Sadly, it just depends on the marketability of a band, not how good they are.

xStructualDefect
12-12-2010, 03:21 AM

2 years ago with Unearth? even then Whitechapel had a way bigger fanbase and crowd reaction on my date than Acacia Strain.

Nick_to_the_face
12-13-2010, 03:27 PM
THIS x 1000000000000000

:party:

though i'm being dragged along to see BMTH again...oh boy

jd091
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
:party:

though i'm being dragged along to see BMTH again...oh boy

That band isn't even metal anymore. How many 14 year old emo girls are gonna be in the crowd, you think? :D

makethemsuffer12
12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
That band isn't even metal anymore.

Were they ever?

xStructualDefect
12-15-2010, 02:43 PM
i doubt anyone cares, but HOB LA's facebook just announced the Parkway Drive and Whitechapel tours were combining March 12. i'm pretty stoked for that.

bezerker010
12-15-2010, 04:59 PM
For real?? The lineup is stacked already. Those shows are probably going to sell out fast.

xStructualDefect
12-15-2010, 05:07 PM
both tours are also playing the glasshouse here in pomona. LA and Pomona are maybe only 30min away from eachother. i might hit up the PWD pomona date also since it's a month before the LA date, but i doubt i'll go to the whitechapel pomona date since it's 2 days after the LA date.

jd091
12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Were they [BMTH] ever?

Well, their first album was deathcore. Shitty deathcore I might add, but deathcore nonetheless. Its a subgenre of metal whether you like it or not. Their stuff now... it isn't even music. Its just some monkeys banging on chords and their singer whining like a bitch, not even screaming. I don't know what the hell it is, but it sure as shit ain't metal.

i doubt anyone cares, but HOB LA's facebook just announced the Parkway Drive and Whitechapel tours were combining March 12. i'm pretty stoked for that.

For me, that would actually kind of suck. Those are all "physically demanding" bands, and I would like at least a day break between seeing them live. I would get tired way too quick to enjoy myself by the end.

And do you have to pay double or something? If it was the same price to see ALL of them, then that would be totally worth it.

xStructualDefect
12-15-2010, 08:08 PM
well i like Whitechapel, Veil of Maya, Parkway Drive, and The Ghost Inside all a lot, so it's a win-win for me. i'm sure everyone else on this board would hate seeing that lineup though.

and yeah the price is the same as one show, so totally worth it. saves me money.